The Avengers (2011)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Markus Corvinus
I'm really looking forward to this one, it's about time we get a Marvel team up movie. I just hope they really cook up something good, and use the Hulk wisely. I'm still very curious as to what villain will be used, if the Hulk won't be.

In any case, I expect to see a fight scene as great or better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O617ZHcazwA

Kazenji
I'm also hoping each character gets enough screen time and not make it concetrate on one character, like what happen with the X-men movies too much time with wolverine (As much as like him).

SpaceMonkey
I can't wait for this movie!

SnakeEyes
As long as the actors are consistent and whoever they pick for Thor/Cap are quality actors, then I'll be excited for it. Right now though, I'm skeptical.

BruceSkywalker
I look forward to seeing this..

Should be a good story

Markus Corvinus
I agree with Kazenji in that this needs to be a real team up kind of movie, and not one that just focuses on one particular hero and then have the other team members nearly be like supporting members. But, I think that they're trying to eliminate that possibility by giving each team member a movie rather than going right into the Avengers movie.

Alpha Centauri
This has the potential to be the Jimi Hendrix of superhero movies.

If everything is set up as best it can, organised well with the solo movies, and then finished with a big movie based on The Avengers (Not Iron Man and friends), it will actually be beyond awesome, hopefully.

If they don't, it'll be a costly disaster.

-AC

SpaceMonkey
The fact they they will, hopefully, have no more Terence Howard-type issues where they have to recast an important role it will be great. Glad that Downey Jr. is signed on for it and, apparently, Norton is signed up also.

Magee
Any one think they will have spider-man in this?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Magee

Ummm.... no, hes not really part of the Avengers anways...

SpaceMonkey
No Spider-Man, PLEASE!! That franchise has already been flushed down the toilet. Leave this one alone.

BruceSkywalker

Why would Spiderman be in this, when Spiderman 4 and 5 will be coming out?

This Avengers movie should have great effects and a good story..

Nihilist
this wiil work if they dont have hulk as the villain

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nihilist

I've read a couple different stories on that

One story said that The Hulk will be the villain, but then anothe one said that the villain(s) is unknown right now

Markus Corvinus
If they have Spider-Man anywhere near the Avengers, I'll puke. Leave this to the big boys, not the little inexperienced kids. Anyway, I think Hulk has to play some sort of big role in this movie, he was one of the original members, afterall. Always has been.

Alpha Centauri
He hasn't been in The Avengers since they started it, if I recall correctly.

He isn't a team player, Hulk isn't a team guy. The Avengers are much more suited to say, Captain America, than Hulk.

-AC

Markus Corvinus
I know, I know, I'm just saying he's at least mandatory for the first movie. He can work as a hero if they take a new approach that doesn't mess up the character.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/hulknews.php?id=7760

Next, he's likely to appear in an 'Avengers' movie, but that's completely up to Marvel," she explained. "It's wonderful that Marvel now controls so many of their own characters, and they can create a Marvel universe in film and populate it with so many of their characters who naturally exist together. I think an 'Avengers' film is a very exciting prospect."

Endrict Nuul

thumb up

Magee
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Ummm.... no, hes not really part of the Avengers anways... He is a member of the new avengers and who says they will go with the classic team? Spider-man is there most succesful movie adaption, it would make sense from the money perspective (which is all they really care about) to have there biggest cash cow in a film like the Avengers. Would not surprise me if they threw wolverine in with him.

Markus Corvinus
Nah, it's not gonna happen, I know that for sure. But I'm certain the Hulk will be in it. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a point in Stark approaching General Ross by the end of TIH.

SpaceMonkey
Spider-Man AND Wolverine??!! That would suck big-time ass! Thankfully they'll be sticking to IronMan, Hulk, THor, and Capt. America ONLY.

Endrict Nuul
He is a member of the new avengers and who says they will go with the classic team? Spider-man is there most succesful movie adaption, it would make sense from the money perspective (which is all they really care about) to have there biggest cash cow in a film like the Avengers. Would not surprise me if they threw wolverine in with him.

No, this wont ever happen. Marvel is kinda being careful now on not to screw their films up unlike DC. Spiderman franchise is in the shits right now, because of SP 3 was crap, Marvel is not pleased with this whole mess. And Marvel already has the characters picked out pretty much and no one in your post will be in the films.

Magee
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
pretty much and no one in your post will be in the films. Spider-man will be in this film.

Endrict Nuul
Spider-man will be in this film.

No he wont.

SpaceMonkey
Spider-man will be in this film.

Get over that, dude. Why put a turd on a plate of steak?

Markus Corvinus
My sentiments exactly. We don't need any nerdy kids in this movie, just the pro's. Spidey's cool and all, but never has been, and never will be Avengers material.

BruceSkywalker
He is a member of the new avengers and who says they will go with the classic team? Spider-man is there most succesful movie adaption, it would make sense from the money perspective (which is all they really care about) to have there biggest cash cow in a film like the Avengers. Would not surprise me if they threw wolverine in with him.

Nah, this movie will be based upon Avengers #1-4 most likely..

Spiderman has his own franchise and will back in screen in HIS OWN movie very shortly..

As for Wolverine, he is the sole property of 20th Century Fox and I highly doubt he will be apart of any Avengers film

Endrict Nuul
Marvel has little control over the SP franchise.

Impediment
If I remember correctly, Spidey was a reserve member of the Avengers. Still, Web Head's name doesn't need to even be mentioned in an Avengers film.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
If I remember correctly, Spidey was a reserve member of the Avengers. Still, Web Head's name doesn't need to even be mentioned in an Avengers film.

QFT

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Impediment
If I remember correctly, Spidey was a reserve member of the Avengers.

And no one said other wise....

ragesRemorse
It would take a masterful Director to pull off an Avengers movie...,someone call Cameron.

Lets wait and see how Iron Man2, Captain America and Thor turns out before we get excited over this.

Markus Corvinus
Since Marvel has more control over their characters now as far as movies are concerned, it's a little less for us to worry about. But I do agree we should wait before getting overly pumped up.

Kazenji
Heres a Fanmade trailer

6wLakYh26bc

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Heres a Fanmade trailer

6wLakYh26bc

Meh. No appearances by Captain America or Thor - just comes off as a mishmash of Marvel clips.
There's an animated fan trailer that looks a lot better on YouTube.

Indestructible
I wish there would be more characters than just Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and Captain Ameria. I wish we could see Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Sub-Mariner.

Kazenji
If they do that then they deffenitly need to make the movie as long as a Lord Of The Rings movie.

Indestructible
lol idc! If not Black Panther and Namor then wasp and ant-man! they were founding members for gods sake!

hugekent
Pym and Wasp are musts. Hawkeye would be very likely as well. Namor and BP could have pretty awesome cameos if they were to be incorporated.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Indestructible
I wish there would be more characters than just Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and Captain Ameria. I wish we could see Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Sub-Mariner.

This is why movie makers need to pay absolutely no attention to the fans.

They have generally no clue what it takes to make a movie. "It'd be cool to see all these.", yes, but it'd never work.

They need to stick to Thor, Capt and Iron Man, with maybe Janet/Hank introduced during the movie.

Especially if they're gonna have Hulk, Fury and allegedly Black Widow too.

-AC

Indestructible
Aw how could I forget about Hawkeye?!?!?!?! he is like the mouth of the avengers lol

Kazenji
But he was'nt there in the beginning.

Indestructible
yea but he is a big part of the avengers later on. to be technical cap wasnt there in the begging either

roughrider
yea but he is a big part of the avengers later on. to be technical cap wasnt there in the begging either

Yeah, but Cap is Mr. Avenger - the flagbearer for the group.
Ultimates made it so the team formed with him as the leader; they're going to be doing it that way.

hugekent
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is why movie makers need to pay absolutely no attention to the fans.

They have generally no clue what it takes to make a movie. "It'd be cool to see all these.", yes, but it'd never work.

They need to stick to Thor, Capt and Iron Man, with maybe Janet/Hank introduced during the movie.

Especially if they're gonna have Hulk, Fury and allegedly Black Widow too.

-AC
Yeh I'm all for that. With those three having their own movies it makes complete sense to have them as the initial Avengers team. Janet and Hank could be then be introduced at any point throughout the movie and by the end we would have 5 Avengers ready for the sequel.

Darth Martin
Iron Man , Captain America, Hulk, Widow, and Fury is enough for me. Forget the rest.

Indestructible
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Iron Man , Captain America, Hulk, Widow, and Fury is enough for me. Forget the rest.

NO THOR! Shame on you

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by hugekent
Yeh I'm all for that. With those three having their own movies it makes complete sense to have them as the initial Avengers team. Janet and Hank could be then be introduced at any point throughout the movie and by the end we would have 5 Avengers ready for the sequel.

Ideally there'd be no sequel, and The Avengers would be the big pay off to this work Marvel has done. The work of having a movie-based connecting universe like the comics, but smaller.

If you keep over-doing it, it'll fail and be less of an achievement. Pull it off and you'll have not only made a great series of movies in a genre that's frowned upon, but you'll have a solid body of work.

-AC

Kazenji
Zak Penn Talks The Avengers

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8491

Darth Martin
NO THOR! Shame on you Not sure Thor would work onscreen.

Alpha Centauri
Of course he would.

-AC

BruceSkywalker
Zak Penn Talks The Avengers

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8491

good article..

Not sure Thor would work onscreen.

same here, I have to view the finished product, but I agree

hugekent
Ideally there'd be no sequel, and The Avengers would be the big pay off to this work Marvel has done. The work of having a movie-based connecting universe like the comics, but smaller.

If you keep over-doing it, it'll fail and be less of an achievement. Pull it off and you'll have not only made a great series of movies in a genre that's frowned upon, but you'll have a solid body of work.

-AC
Assuming that Captain America and Thor go anywhere near as well as Iron Man, The Avengers will be a massive success. The demand for a sequel will be too great, plus they have so much to work with they probably wouldn't want to end it there. However, if they weren't to make a sequel, it makes it much harder to bring in Janet and Hank.

Alpha Centauri
That'll hardly be a loss.

They can bring them in for the first movie. Recruit them, introduce them, done.

They don't NEED that kind of time, for the money it'd cost.

-AC

Raoul
Imo, any avengers movie has to have:

Cap, Tony, Hank Pym, Thor, then maybe Hawkeye and Janet. Everyone else can have a movie of their own or else just not be in it.

Kazenji
And also have the screen time as long as Lord Of The Rings just to give all the characters enought time on screen.

Raoul
And also have the screen time as long as Lord Of The Rings just to give all the characters enought time on screen.

laughing out loud

imo, all that's needed is for each hero to have at least one major character scene to themselves. if you have hank and janet, that's two for the price of one. that can easily be done in 2, 2.5 hours.

fill the rest of the movie up with action and explosions and so on, and you've got yourself a movie...

Alpha Centauri
I honestly think they should have cast Maria Hill as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., not Fury.

It's clearly not gonna be an origin story, so it doesn't NEED the history of Stark/Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D./Stark Enterprises.

I feel Samuel L. Jackson is just gonna play Samuel L. Jackson, not Nick Fury. Sure, the Ultimate version LOOKS like him, but it's not written like him.

Casting Maria Hill would have been better. At least cast her too. Am I the only one who thought she was a terrific director? Aside from, you know, being a complete ***** during Civil War.

-AC

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61194

Newjak
I honestly think they should have cast Maria Hill as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., not Fury.

It's clearly not gonna be an origin story, so it doesn't NEED the history of Stark/Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D./Stark Enterprises.

I feel Samuel L. Jackson is just gonna play Samuel L. Jackson, not Nick Fury. Sure, the Ultimate version LOOKS like him, but it's not written like him.

Casting Maria Hill would have been better. At least cast her too. Am I the only one who thought she was a terrific director? Aside from, you know, being a complete ***** during Civil War.

-AC Yeah she did good, but why would you bring her in as the Director.

I know Nick Fury isn't the biggest mainstream guy ever but for all intents and purposes Marvel has him labeled as the head of shield for the mainstream. In the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game he is the director for Shield.

When compared to Maria Hill he is a much better candidate to gain any kind of public recognition.

Not to mention that while this may not be an origin story for S.H.E.I.L.D. who would you want to push as the general public's face of the organization. It's just gotta be Nick Fury.

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah she did good, but why would you bring her in as the Director.

I know Nick Fury isn't the biggest mainstream guy ever but for all intents and purposes Marvel has him labeled as the head of shield for the mainstream. In the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game he is the director for Shield.

When compared to Maria Hill he is a much better candidate to gain any kind of public recognition.

Not to mention that while this may not be an origin story for S.H.E.I.L.D. who would you want to push as the general public's face of the organization. It's just gotta be Nick Fury. Just kinda want to add on to this.

It would be like making the first X-Men movie and having Emma Frost leading the Xavier Institute.

Alpha Centauri
Who cares?

The fans know why Maria Hill would be there, and those who aren't fans wouldn't care less who is there.

-AC

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Newjak
Just kinda want to add on to this.

It would be like making the first X-Men movie and having Emma Frost leading the Xavier Institute.

Yes.

It would make no sense to have Maria Hill as the chief of SHIELD, no matter how awesome she is or is not.

Bouboumaster
Samuel L. Jackson = Biggest Badass ever

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yes.

It would make no sense to have Maria Hill as the chief of SHIELD, no matter how awesome she is or is not.

What would have been more awesome is if you'd ignored my clarifying reply in favour of repeating what HE said, despite me having dealt with that.

Oh wait, you did.

Everyone who reads comics knows who Maria Hill is and who Nick Fury is. In that sense it basically depends entirely on preference.

In terms of people who don't read comics, who is going to care whether it's Nick Fury or Maria Hill? You think that a bunch of teens or a couple on a night out are going to get into The Avengers and say: "Oh for...where the Hell is Nick Fury, former leader of the Howling Commandos? This will not stand!"?

More people know "Professor X, head of the X-Men.", as opposed to "SOMEONE, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.". The X-Men had a far more prolific media outlet; cartoons and cameos aplenty.

What non-fan knows enough of S.H.I.E.L.D. to care who's in charge?

At the very least, she should be in the movie.

-AC

Doctor-Alvis
To be honest, I've become so bad at keeping up with comics these days that I would be one of those people wondering where the hell Nick Fury is and wondering what's up with this Maria Hill person.

Alpha Centauri
You know of him in the first place though.

-AC

Kazenji
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
To be honest, I've become so bad at keeping up with comics these days that I would be one of those people wondering where the hell Nick Fury is and wondering what's up with this Maria Hill person.

Well with the comics Nick Fury is still around he's managing his special Team with the Secret Warriors comic.

Doctor-Alvis
You know of him in the first place though.

-AC
I read enough to know of him, but not enough to know Maria Hill was even a character. Fitting to my in between status on this, I only sort of care. I'm expecting/really hoping it'll be light on the SHIELD stuff because I never really liked the concept.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/breaking-avengers-screenplay-is-written/140545/

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65145

roughrider
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65145

Very cool. At least there will be no major casting disputes, as the cast will just be handed to him.

Kazenji
So theres news now that Nahan Fillion to play Hank Pym

http://www.comicvine.com/news/nathan-fillion-to-play-giant-man/141160/

super pr*xy
i was hoping marvel would come up with another fantastic 4 movie.. just to replace chris evean as the human torch, which he played for 2 movies, before they dress him up as cap..

Mr. Rhythmic

Perfect casting!

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by super pr*xy
i was hoping marvel would come up with another fantastic 4 movie.. just to replace chris evean as the human torch, which he played for 2 movies, before they dress him up as cap..

Why is he Captain America? WHY?!

You want Captain America? Here he is.

http://inkgalcrazyme.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ryan-mcpartlin-710649.jpg

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-images/SuperCapers_RyanMcPartlin-thumb-550x393-15058.jpg

lMmwvPxPKYQ

marwash22
I liked Chris as JStorm; i thought he was one of the few bright spots of both F4 movies.

Ooooooooh! I'm gonna have to jump on Mr. Rhythmic's bandwagon and second the motion to have Awesome play Cap instead of Chris... if only for the sake of continuity.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Samuel L. Jackson = Biggest Badass ever Which means absolutely shit when he's attempting to play a character that isn't written correctly. The Fury character in Iron Man 2 is NOTHING like it should be.

The Nuul

I didnt see that on SHH yet.

I love Nathan though, hes great!

Hes perfect for Jack Hawkmoor.

Darth Martin
I'm as big a SLJ fan as you'll find. I think the man is awesome.

But this IS Fury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CylaEGlXR_0

marwash22
I still think you guys are rushing to judgment when it comes to Fury. Thus far, we've only seen him interact with Tony and have no idea how he'll be written when the spotlight is actually on him.

The Nuul
SLJ may have the looks but he didnt act like Fury. So far I am not impressed. He was just SLJ.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102120-downey-jr-does-his-avengers-homework

The Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102120-downey-jr-does-his-avengers-homework

RDJ rocks! by far the best comic book film actor.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by The Nuul
RDJ rocks! by far the best comic book film actor. What Heath Ledger did was far more impressive. All that about him staying in a hotel for 3 months without outside contact, with a diary, trying to get the voice, laugh, and mindset down. Then, theres Wesley Snipes. RDJ is up there.

BruceSkywalker
nice fan poster

http://moviesonline.ca/movienews_18090.html

Juk3n
What Heath Ledger did was far more impressive. All that about him staying in a hotel for 3 months without outside contact, with a diary, trying to get the voice, laugh, and mindset down. Then, theres Wesley Snipes. RDJ is up there.

spot on. Heath was out of this world, Blade 1& 2 Wesley was also awsome. RDJ is great, but his mumbling irks me.

BruceSkywalker
seems Hank and Janet have been casted...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19339

JakeTheBank
Fillion as Hank I can buy. Longoria as Janet, not so much, but I can probably learn to live with it.

roughrider
Originally posted by Juk3n
spot on. Heath was out of this world, Blade 1& 2 Wesley was also awsome. RDJ is great, but his mumbling irks me.

I don't know why people keep making these comparisons.
The actor who plays the villain always has a different job than the one who plays the hero. ALWAYS. The hero has to be a straight arrow, while the villain can go in any direction, and people always say the villain stole the show. Well, that's partially by design.

Deadline
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seems Hank and Janet have been casted...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19339

Not bad choices.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103715-no-edward-norton-for-the-avengers

roughrider
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103715-no-edward-norton-for-the-avengers

...Is Norton still holding a grudge over Marvel trimming TIH by 15 minutes? Jesus, get over it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RE: Blaxican
Norton is known for being a pretentious dick who tries to takes over the filming/writing process of any movie he's in. Not surprised TBH.

The Nuul
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Norton is known for being a pretentious dick who tries to takes over the filming/writing process of any movie he's in. Not surprised TBH.

Just like Jackie Chan.

Oh well, hope they get someone good.

Kazenji
http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/07/11/edward-nortons-agent-fires-back-at-marvel/

Entity
I know most of you will probably hate me for saying this and it will never happen but I'd love to see Eric Bana as Banner again. I mean his hulk movie sucked and The Incredible Hulk was a MUCH better movie but I've always thought the casting was far more impressive for Hulk than Incredible.

To me the incredible Hulk with Bana's previous cast would be the perfect Hulk movie. Jus didn't like Norton as Banner, I mean he's a great actor and I normally always like his work but jus didn't fit half as well to me in the part as Bana did. And I hated Liv Tyler's Betty, Jennifer Connelly was WAY better IMO. The only better casting may have been William Hurt to Sam Elliot but both did decent jobs. I did hate Nolte's character. Roth's Abomination was far superior!

roughrider
Eric Bana...

That would be a funny irony if he returned. I didn't have problems with him.
I hope it's not Steve Buscemi; he's just TOO creepy. big grin

Kazenji
I just read about a rumor Joaquin Phoenix might play Bruce Banner.

steverules_2
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/05/joaquin.jpg

I hear he's a rapper now

Ms.Marvel
i liked Ang Lee's Hulk way more then Incredible Hulk. The Hulk wasn't... Hulky enough in the '08 version.

Kazenji
But its such a snorefest Ang Lee's movie.

BruceSkywalker
I just read about a rumor Joaquin Phoenix might play Bruce Banner.

nope its Mark Ruffalo apparently..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103979-mark-ruffalo-to-play-hulk-in-the-avengers

Kazenji
so many rumors now

the latest one is David Tennant to play Bruce Banner.

BruceSkywalker
so many rumors now

i guess when they themselves know

The Nuul
so many rumors now

He would be great but unlikely they would get him.

Kazenji
I seen the news Jeremy Renner has been confirmed for Hawkeye.

The Nuul
Nathan Fillion is NOT Ant-Man in The Avengers
by SuperHeroHype
Jul 24th, 2010
Some confusion arises from today's panel
There seems to be some confusion that Joss Whedon announced Nathan Fillion will be Ant-Man in The Avengers at a Comic-Con panel today. While we couldn't attend, Marvel has confirmed to us that he was joking.

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn't really in the movie."

WTF??????????????????? mad mad

Kazenji
The Avengers !

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/The_Avengers/large/hr_The_Avengers_1.jpg

Stall_19
Cool, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. Hell, Hawkeye isn't really that different from the character he played in The Hurt Locker. So this fit seem perfect.

roughrider
The Avengers !

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/The_Avengers/large/hr_The_Avengers_1.jpg

So is that Mark Ruffalo down by the right? Has he definitely said yes?

shorty19
Actually avengers is coming out in 2012 and i heard that the villins in the
movie are going to be the skrulls.

SamZED
Um.. ok they couldnt get Norton for the movie I can understand that but.. the guy looks nothing like Bruce Banner. Im not one of those "hey his hair isnt right, so he's a bad choice" kinda fan, but this is too much imo...

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider
So is that Mark Ruffalo down by the right? Has he definitely said yes?

He's in the picture...what do you think? sly

roughrider
Originally posted by steverules_2
He's in the picture...what do you think? sly

Seeing him get introduced in the YouTube video, I think that settles it. stick out tongue

steverules_2
A mystery solved ladies and gentleman big grin

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by SamZED
Um.. ok they couldnt get Norton for the movie I can understand that but.. the guy looks nothing like Bruce Banner. Im not one of those "hey his hair isnt right, so he's a bad choice" kinda fan, but this is too much imo...

they should have just gone with eric bana....i mean he, Lou Ferrigno, & Norton were the Hulks.

Norton's out(the best choice imo) soo im thinking Bana's the next best since Ferrigno was actually the hulk and not banner.

and the real question is since Norton banner's out will they change up hulks look any at all?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
they should have just gone with eric bana....i mean he, Lou Ferrigno, & Norton were the Hulks.

Norton's out(the best choice imo) soo im thinking Bana's the next best since Ferrigno was actually the hulk and not banner.

and the real question is since Norton banner's out will they change up hulks look any at all?

ruffalo is playing red hulk laughing out loud stick out tongue

LordofKlowns13
I hope if they have a group of villains like Acts of Vengeance they have the following:
1. Loki (Partner)
2. The Red Skull (Partner)
3. Victor Von Doom (Partner)
4. Baron Wolfgang von Strucker & HYDRA (Red Skull Subordinate and anti-SHIELD battalion)
5. Justin Hammer (Weapons supplier used by The Red Skull)

Other option can be The Skrulls

WhiteWitchKing
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/im2_12inch_warmachine_p9-550x412.jpg

Don't forget this guy, he's an Avengers too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
i liked Ang Lee's Hulk way more then Incredible Hulk. The Hulk wasn't... Hulky enough in the '08 version.

I agree and all the comic books fans on KMC always give me crap about it...despite Lee's Hulk being truer to the actual character. (minus the size growth thing.)

And it was not a snore fest. It was more interesting than the 08 Hulk. no expression

-Pr-
honestly, i think the first one had better acting and a deeper hulk story. the CGI was just shit, and while that usually wouldn't matter for most movies, for this one it was always going to be a bit part of it.

second hulk had better cgi and better action. yeah, i know, they don't make a movie, but it's a comic book movie.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
ruffalo is playing red hulk laughing out loud stick out tongue

sneer

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon

And it was not a snore fest. It was more interesting than the 08 Hulk. no expression

Each to their own....

DarkOdin
Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree and all the comic books fans on KMC always give me crap about it...despite Lee's Hulk being truer to the actual character. (minus the size growth thing.)

To each their own the thing that turned me off too the first Hulk film was.

1. the big final battle must have been one of the worst i every seen.

2. When Hulk punch the Hulk dogs in the pills i mean really he is the freakin hulk

SpaceMonkey
The teaser trailer is out!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/105215-the-avengers-logo-teaser-from-comic-con

roughrider
Disney isn't waiting for Marvel's agreement with Paramount to run out. They've bought back the rights to The Avengers and Iron Man 3.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/10/disney-buys-rights-to-distribute-avengers-iron-man-3-from-paramount.html

Mr. Rhythmic
I'd be interested in a villain team-up between Loki, Abomination, Black Knight, Absorbing Man, and the Melter.

jinXed by JaNx
I highly doubt we will see an Avengers movie before 2013. Thor hasn't even begun filming yet and if that movie and Cap America don't do well we will definitely not see an Avengers movie.

Badabing
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I highly doubt we will see an Avengers movie before 2013. Thor hasn't even begun filming yet and if that movie and Cap America don't do well we will definitely not see an Avengers movie. The Thor movie has been filming and is due out May, 2011.

roughrider
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I highly doubt we will see an Avengers movie before 2013. Thor hasn't even begun filming yet and if that movie and Cap America don't do well we will definitely not see an Avengers movie.

What? You are behind on things. THOR was shot this year, and comes out next May. Avengers cast is set, and begins shooting next January.

jinXed by JaNx
I meant to say finished filming. I didn't know it had finished but damn there is already a trailer up lol, right on. I'm still skeptical that we'll see an avengers movie though.

roughrider
Marvel is feeling very confident in the next three films; it's like a Lord Of The Rings gamble, having so many films shot and ready in a row, for a narrow release window of a year. AVENGERS will be nearly finished shooting by the time THOR is released. But they - Marvel studios - are in control, not the distributor; it's their money. Based on the quality of the previous AVENGERS-related films ( IRON MAN 1 & 2, THE INCREDIBLE HULK), I think it will all work out fine.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72594

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112850-the-avengers-to-battle-the-skrulls-and-kree

Kazenji
Just noticed on superherohype its been debunked.

The Nuul
DAMN! that would have been cool. Why cant studios do a proper comic movie for a change. They better have Ultron in it then.

Blair Wind
Open Casting Call in New Mexico

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/126217-wanna-be-in-joss-whedons-avengers?cpage=10#written_comments_title

SpaceMonkey
Found this. Pretty ineteresting.

http://www.examiner.com/movie-in-new-orleans/second-teaser-for-the-avengers-coming-soon-villains-we-ve-got-villains

SpaceMonkey
OK, everyone, filming starts today. It begins!!!!!!

tkitna
I hope the villian isnt Loki (regardless of history) since he's going to be so prominent in the Thor movie. Its going to be like Magneto in the X-Men series. Too much.

Nihilist
Originally posted by tkitna
I hope the villian isnt Loki (regardless of history) since he's going to be so prominent in the Thor movie. Its going to be like Magneto in the X-Men series. Too much. thumb up
I would say the same for Hulk being the "Villain" aswell. Personaly id like to see Thanos(of course) or Ultron,Kang. Hopefully they will use a villain that is shown to be a powerful threat to the Avengers line up as a whole.

Kazenji
First picture

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9859/avengers.jpg

Kazenji
Looks like spoilers will be coming

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/04/27/the-avengers-script-could-be-yours-if-the-price-is-right/

WhiteWitchKing
thumb up
I would say the same for Hulk being the "Villain" aswell. Personaly id like to see Thanos(of course) or Ultron,Kang. Hopefully they will use a villain that is shown to be a powerful threat to the Avengers line up as a whole.

Well not Thanos please. The guy isn't an Avengers villain. Ultron and Kang for sure. No new made up villains though. That would suck.

RE: Blaxican
I wouldn't mind seeing a Hulk that is manipulated by a bigger threat going ape-shit. Watch the Avengers struggle to beat him and have them unite as the climax and beat him down, then the Hulk and everyone else comes together as the Avengers to face the revealed mega-threat, which will extrapolated on in the sequal.

Someone like Thanos is, imo, too big and too abstract to use in the first "origin" story.

On the other hand, I could see a "Skrull Invasion" trilogy working out pretty well.

SpaceMonkey
Looks like spoilers will be coming

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/04/27/the-avengers-script-could-be-yours-if-the-price-is-right/

Wow. Now the weird part is I want to read it, but I also DON'T want to read it. I wish this would just go away.

Bentley
Personally I hope for a Masters of Evil kind of storyline, yeah, it sounds easy for their first showing, but Kang and Ultron are kind of better as sequels (Ultron handled as they showed in the recent animation and Kang being a huge threat on his own). Too bad the Raft break and the Hood are too hard to adapt because of the effects.

Scarlet315
These fan made trailers are hot for the avengers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacD2jDIzag&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7Q81rVu7M

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>