Discrepancies in Clancy's movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain Tupolov
OK, I'll first point out that I can pretend to live with the fact that they reordered The Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games .But what I can't even begin to to pretend to like is what they did with The Sum of All Fears. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but it was so out of the time period with all of the others. First off, SOAF took place in the year 2002. Jack Ryan had not yet gotten married and had no kids. However, HFRO took place in 1984, and he DID have a wife and a kid. I feel that this is a big mistake on Clancy's part as a writer and a producer. Any thoughts?

steve-o
Who cares?

finti
I agree, capt tupolov but that is just the film industry for ya. I think there is enough Jack Ryan films now. But some of Clancys books are really good.

And Steve-O if you dont care dont bother to post either, loose comments with no purpose whatsoever belongs in GDF

steve-o
Sorry dude.

ToMacco
Uh oh. Finti's trying to be a hard-ass. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Catch 22
They made a deliberate decision to do this. The studio did consider doing it in the correct time frame, but then changed there minds.

Ben Affleck did address this issue in several interviews at the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.