DC vs Marvel - Powerhouses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
DC Powerhouses

1. Captain Atom
2. Captain Marvel
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Superman

Marvel Powerhouses

1. Silver Surfer
2. Beta Ray Bill
3. Blackagar Boltagon
4. Thor (Classic)

- Battle Arena: Colosseum

- No BFR

- No CIS

- No Black holes or similar BS

---------------------------------------------------

Scenario 1: Pure strength brawling/punch on (includes Super speed)

Scenario 2: All abilities allowed (Still no BFR or Black holes or similar BS)

Scenario 3: Rank the team members in terms of overall power (I've already listed my take on it).

Enyalus
Scenario 1: Team DC pulls a small majority. I'm not too confident in Atom's ability.

Scenario 2: Team Marvel wins comfortably.

I'd rank Surfer the top guy on Team Marvel, and Captain Marvel the top guy on Team DC.

Harbinger
Scenario 1: DC 7/10
Scenario 2: Marvel in a stomp

DC:
Captain Marvel
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Captain Atom

Marvel:
Silver Surfer
Classic Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Black Bolt

Placidity
Stomp eh...

Captain Atom can manipulate all forms of energy and matter. This also means he can absorb energy. While probably not as potent as the power cosmic, I think it can aid team 1 to the point where they have a fighting chance. Atom could probably also absorb Bolt's scream or maybe lightning, I'm not sure.

I was thinking Supes was the only one with an energy weakness, but Atom could nullify that by absorbing the blasts.

The other thing is that Martian has phasing and is a powerful telepath, again that might even the odds.

Someone help me play devil's advocate please! Marvel doesn't win in a stomp in S2.

fangirl101
Captain Atom can turn his body into Red Solar Energy. No reason why he Can't turn it into Yellow Solar Energy. CM can hyjack bodies and combine powers. MM can also do this with a form of molecular phasing he has. So In an instant with their uber speeds, Cm and MM can become one. And CA can be amping Superman.

Placidity
^ Good works.

ultimatethor
Dc wins first fight 6/10 and Marvel wins the second fight 8/10.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fangirl101
Captain Atom can turn his body into Red Solar Energy. No reason why he Can't turn it into Yellow Solar Energy. CM can hyjack bodies and combine powers. MM can also do this with a form of molecular phasing he has. So In an instant with their uber speeds, Cm and MM can become one. And CA can be amping Superman.

Not a bad plan.

Quickly countered with the epic energy absorbs of BRB and Thor, or Surfer producing red sun energy.

BB's the weak link here, under almost any format. But Marvel also has a more rounded team. Powers on (no brawl) Marvels wins slight majority.

ultimatethor

Such creative use of powers can easily be applied to surfers team. Surfer synthesizes the Odin force from thor or BRBs hammer and then gives it to BB.

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Such creative use of powers can easily be applied to surfers team. Surfer synthesizes the Odin force from thor or BRBs hammer and then gives it to BB.
surfer took time to do that. He doesn't have that luxury here.

Placidity
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not a bad plan.

Quickly countered with the epic energy absorbs of BRB and Thor, or Surfer producing red sun energy.

But Atom can absorb red sun energy. I think we may have a paradox.

Enyalus
Meh. Surfer turns the iron in Superman's blood to Kryptonite.

Win. big grin

vansonbee
Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh. Surfer turns the iron in Superman's blood to Kryptonite.

Win. big grin lolz He wouldn't be called SS after that lolz
big grin

How quickly can Captain Atom absorb energy?

Placidity
It's not like everyone can focus on Superman, it's not like Marvel and Manhunter will just be standing there watching what will happen to Supes.

People on Marvel's team will get smashed if they are all just focusing on taking out Superman.

fangirl101
Originally posted by vansonbee
lolz He wouldn't be called SS after that lolz
big grin

How quickly can Captain Atom absorb energy?
Here he is absorbing energy from the Source powered Takion.
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11pb6.jpg

carver9
Dc win the brawl 8/10
Marvel win the battle of power 10/10, more versatile, more durable, and just plain out more powerful. Black bolt scream should be able to take out anyone on the dc team.

More powerful out of dc:
Captain marvel
Martian manhunter
Superman
Atom

Marvel:
Surfer=thor
Brb
Black bolt.

fangirl101
Dc win's both. MM unlocks Captain Atom's Monarch Personality and it's a wrap in both scenarios.

carver9
Dc win's both. MM unlocks Captain Atom's Monarch Personality and it's a wrap in both scenarios.

Marvels versatility>>>>>>>>>>>>>dc and thats being generous. Each being on marvel team has a weapon or ability that can one shot anyone on dc team and thats the truth. Hell black bolt, the weakest member on marvel is more versatile then everyone on dc team.

fangirl101
Originally posted by carver9
Marvels versatility>>>>>>>>>>>>>dc and thats being generous. Each being on marvel team has a weapon or ability that can one shot anyone on dc team and thats the truth. Hell black bolt, the weakest member on marvel is more versatile then everyone on dc team.
No. Captain Atom tapping into his Monarch personality would beat the entire marvel team by himself. Something easily accoplished with Manhunter on the team.

carver9
No. Captain Atom tapping into his Monarch personality would beat the entire marvel team by himself. Something easily accoplished with Manhunter on the team.

So I guess that noone on marvel team is going to be fighting martian with all of this going on. Blackbolt would be to busy screaming the team to death.

vansonbee
Dc win's both. MM unlocks Captain Atom's Monarch Personality and it's a wrap in both scenarios. Wouldn't that like saying Silver Surfer negates MM ability or amp himself etc....

Placidity
Hey How come no one has mentioned speed blitz.

Thor, BRB and Bolt aren't as fast are they?

fangirl101
Wouldn't that like saying Silver Surfer negates MM ability or amp himself etc....
No. MM has complete molecular control over his own body. Surfer trying that would be a waste of time. And would leave him open to a magical lightning strike from the wizard Shazam. MM only has to unlock CM's monarch mind with his telepathy.

vansonbee
No. MM has complete molecular control over his own body. Surfer trying that would be a waste of time. And would leave him open to a magical lightning strike from the wizard Shazam. MM only has to unlock CM's monarch mind with his telepathy. laughing out loud I guess SS can Evolve his teammates for battle as well!

Thor evolves to Rune King Thor jk

Bouboumaster
Dc win the brawl 8/10
Marvel win the battle of power 10/10, more versatile, more durable, and just plain out more powerful. Black bolt scream should be able to take out anyone on the dc team.

More powerful out of dc:
Captain marvel
Martian manhunter
Superman
Atom

Marvel:
Surfer=thor
Brb
Black bolt.

qft

fangirl101
laughing out loud I guess SS can Evolve his teammates for battle as well!

Thor evolves to Rune King Thor jk
Captain atom has the same powers. It's just that his monarch personality controls the quantum field on a universal level.

Enyalus
Meh.

BB's scream takes out MM instantly, Surfer turns Supes' blood to Kryptonite nearly as quick.

Then it's 4 vs. 2. No chance for DC in an all out scenario.

occultdestroyer
Even worse, MM could tap to CA's Extant personality. That would make him almost near-omniscient

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Placidity
DC Powerhouses

1. Captain Atom
2. Captain Marvel
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Superman

Marvel Powerhouses

1. Silver Surfer
2. Beta Ray Bill
3. Blackagar Boltagon
4. Thor (Classic)

- No BFR

- No CIS

Scenario 3: Rank the team members in terms of overall power (I've already listed my take on it).

In the first scenario, DC takes it 8/10. No one on Marvel's team has the h2h ability or skill to really threaten DC IMO.

In the second scenario, I'd give DC a slight majority. Black Bolt is the weak link so hes essentially non-viable, leaving 3 agaisnt 4 in DC's favor.

iceman24567
Originally posted by The Great Galen
In the first scenario, DC takes it 8/10. No one on Marvel's team has the h2h ability or skill to really threaten DC IMO.

In the second scenario, I'd give DC a slight majority. Black Bolt is the weak link so hes essentially non-viable, leaving 3 agaisnt 4 in DC's favor. Qft eek!

ultimatethor

You talk of time, Is the marvel team going to be staring while MM is doing this? If BB screams the DC team is done for. There will be ample time for surfer to synthesize the Odin force and give BB a hammer or the power cosmic or both. Game over.

fangirl101
You talk of time, Is the marvel team going to be staring while MM is doing this? If BB screams the DC team is done for. There will be ample time for surfer to synthesize the Odin force and give BB a hammer or the power cosmic or both. Game over.
No there won't. Surfer took time to synth the odin force. And it didn't boost beta. It just gave him similiar abilities to what he had before.

Nestical

thumb up

ultimatethor
No there won't. Surfer took time to synth the odin force. And it didn't boost beta. It just gave him similiar abilities to what he had before.

Surfer didnt take a long amount of time to sythensize the odin force. It didnt even look like he took a few minutes. And whose talking of boosting BRB? And duh, it obviously gave BRB similar abilities because it was simply storm breaker remade. Surfer will be giving that hammer to Blackbolt as well as granting him some power cosmic. Making blackbolt probably the most dangerous guy in the field. There wil be ample time to do this after BB has screamed away the DC team.( if they survive obviously)

The Great Galen
Surfer didnt take a long amount of time to sythensize the odin force. It didnt even look like he took a few minutes. And whose talking of boosting BRB? And duh, it obviously gave BRB similar abilities because it was simply storm breaker remade. Surfer will be giving that hammer to Blackbolt as well as granting him some power cosmic. Making blackbolt probably the most dangerous guy in the field. There wil be ample time to do this after BB has screamed away the DC team.( if they survive obviously)

The funny thing about this is that Supes has faster h2h speed then all those guys so how will SS manage all of this. BB can easily be disposed by MM, Marvel takes out SS and Supes beats Thor while atom beats the other dude.

ultimatethor
The funny thing about this is that Supes has faster h2h speed then all those guys so how will SS manage all of this. BB can easily be disposed by MM, Marvel takes out SS and Supes beats Thor while atom beats the other dude.

Supes has faster hand to hand speed and so what? Which of these characters i going to turn this into a H2h fight? Ss will manage to do all of this because at the beginning of the fight BB is going to scream and decimate the DC team. How is MM going to dispose of BB when he is dead? Captain marvel cant take out Ss normally but it wud be even worse for him after taking BBs scream( if he is still even alive). IF any of the members of the Dc team survive BB scream, they will be way to weak to have any impact at all.

The Great Galen
Supes has faster hand to hand speed and so what? Which of these characters i going to turn this into a H2h fight? Ss will manage to do all of this because at the beginning of the fight BB is going to scream and decimate the DC team. How is MM going to dispose of BB when he is dead? Captain marvel cant take out Ss normally but it wud be even worse for him after taking BBs scream( if he is still even alive). IF any of the members of the Dc team survive BB scream, they will be way to weak to have any impact at all.

BB scream is how fast exactly...cause Supes could just bullrush him at "Faster then nanosecond speed" and its lights out. What could SS do to Marvel exactly, last time SS fought agaisnt someone with magical properties like Thor it didnt go so good for him. Black bolt is the weak link here, and when supes bullrushes him in half Its going to favor the DC team quite significantly.

Mindset
Scenario 2 BB kills everyone. smile

ultimatethor
BB scream is how fast exactly...cause Supes could just bullrush him at "Faster then nanosecond speed" and its lights out. What could SS do to Marvel exactly, last time SS fought agaisnt someone with magical properties like Thor it didnt go so good for him. Black bolt is the weak link here, and when supes bullrushes him in half Its going to favor the DC team quite significantly.

I was just waiting for such foolishness. I knew it wud come eventually. Firstly SS has FAR FAR FAR faster bullrushing speed than supes so if anyone is going to be bullrushing it will be SS knocking the hell of Martian manhunter. And really i beg of u to actually read an SS or thor comic before spilling out this trash. Not only is it daft ABC to compare SS fights with thor to how a fight with CM due to the fact that CM and thor are two entirely different characters with two entirely different powersets, but for u to say that when SS fights thor things dont go so well for him shows ur high level of ignorance as well. Aside when thor was in warrior madness when has SS ever lost to thor? lol at the nonsense. For ur utterly stupid question of what SS will do to marvel? The simple answer is blast him into submission or since CIS is off absorb him into his board or something to that effect.

The Great Galen
I was just waiting for such foolishness. I knew it wud come eventually. Firstly SS has FAR FAR FAR faster bullrushing speed than supes so if anyone is going to be bullrushing it will be SS knocking the hell of Martian manhunter. And really i beg of u to actually read an SS or thor comic before spilling out this trash. Not only is it daft ABC to compare SS fights with thor to how a fight with CM due to the fact that CM and thor are two entirely different characters with two entirely different powersets, but for u to say that when SS fights thor things dont go so well for him shows ur high level of ignorance as well. Aside when thor was in warrior madness when has SS ever lost to thor? lol at the nonsense. For ur utterly stupid question of what SS will do to marvel? The simple answer is blast him into submission or since CIS is off absorb him into his board or something to that effect.

Absorb him into his board...blast him into supmission, and ur accusing me of acting foolish. SS has about as good of a chance of doing that as escaping from a armbar. Even if SS has faster bullrushing speed then Supes...is he going to intercept MM's at the sametime since Thor is a brick. Supes bullrushes Black Bolt and marvel beats SS..and ect. Team DC FTW.

ultimatethor
Absorb him into his board...blast him into supmission, and ur accusing me of acting foolish. SS has about as good of a chance of doing that as escaping from a armbar. Even if SS has faster bullrushing speed then Supes...is he going to intercept MM's at the sametime since Thor is a brick. Supes bullrushes Black Bolt and marvel beats SS..and ect. Team DC FTW.

Lord What are u even talking about? Are u going to try and tell me that Captain Marvel is immune to energy blasts? No now seriously please explain to me why SS cannot affect captain marvel and how captain marvel will beat SS.lol If u didnt notice CIS is off so SS absorbing marvel into his borad( something he did to legacy with the nega bands) is just as viable a tactic as supes bullrushing blackbolt at so and so speed. And what do u mean is he going to intercept MM at the same time? SS is as isaid FAR FAR FAR faster than supes and MM so he will not be getting to MM at the same time as supes gets to thor but rather even BEFORE supes bullrushes BB.

I really dont know where u come up with ur trash. SS cannot affect captain marvel, SS cannot affect the sentry, SS cannot affect supes, SS has a weakness to magic, Not knowing the results of thor and SS battles and yet still trying to reference them as a reason why he loses(which in itself is ABC logic) and i cud go on and on. For heavens sake get ur damn facts straight before u talk about a character( or should i say charcaters) whom u obviously know nothing about.

fangirl101
Lord What are u even talking about? Are u going to try and tell me that Captain Marvel is immune to energy blasts? No now seriously please explain to me why SS cannot affect captain marvel and how captain marvel will beat SS.lol If u didnt notice CIS is off so SS absorbing marvel into his borad( something he did to legacy with the nega bands) is just as viable a tactic as supes bullrushing blackbolt at so and so speed. And what do u mean is he going to intercept MM at the same time? SS is as isaid FAR FAR FAR faster than supes and MM so he will not be getting to MM at the same time as supes gets to thor but rather even BEFORE supes bullrushes BB.
I tell you this much. CM has taken an entropy blast that literally turned him inside out. And then his magic atlas durability kicked in and he healed instantly.

The Great Galen

I luv it when people make up sutff...so go on with this SS bullrush plz roll eyes (sarcastic)

ultimatethor
I luv it when people make up sutff...so go on with this SS bullrush plz roll eyes (sarcastic)

When u obviously cant counter an arguement why do u always resort to babbling gibberish? What stuff did i make up? Lord u are pathetic. sad

ultimatethor
I tell you this much. CM has taken an entropy blast that literally turned him inside out. And then his magic atlas durability kicked in and he healed instantly.

First of all, let me ask this was he regular captain Marvel at that point? or was he being amped and second of all, has captain marvel never been koed? If he has then there is no need for this line of discussion.

fangirl101
First of all, let me ask this was he regular captain Marvel at that point? or was he being amped and second of all, has captain marvel never been koed? If he has then there is no need for this line of discussion.
As far as I know, it was regular CM. I don't know if I've seen him Ko'd. He may have been by Black Adam. I'm not much of a fan.

Enyalus
CM's been KO'd by Supes plenty of times....okay, not plenty of times, but meh. Also BA.

The Great Galen
When u obviously cant counter an arguement why do u always resort to babbling gibberish? What stuff did i make up? Lord u are pathetic. sad [/QUOTE

When you start saying"SS can absorb to board"or shit like that then what the hell am I supposed to say. Shit, I could just use T-VO and claim Supes absorbs the PC from SS going by ur logic.

ultimatethor
When u obviously cant counter an arguement why do u always resort to babbling gibberish? What stuff did i make up? Lord u are pathetic. sad

Are u daft? No that is a serious question. I know u have never read any SS in ur life but are u a moron? Did u not see the OP where it was stated that CIS is off? SS has absorbed people into his board before. He did it to legacy with the nega bands who is a high level matter/energy manipultor in his own right

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver_Surfer_1996_122_17-3.jpg

How does this relate to ur daft idea of supes absorbing the PC from Ss with TVO? Is something wrong with U?

fangirl101
Are u daft? No that is a serious question. I know u have never read any SS in ur life but are u a moron? Did u not see the OP where it was stated that CIS is off? SS has absorbed people into his board before. He did it to legacy with the nega bands who is a high level matter/energy manipultor in his own right

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver_Surfer_1996_122_17-3.jpg

How does this relate to ur daft idea of supes absorbing the PC from Ss with TVO? Is something wrong with U?
I just know you aren't using Legacy's lame ass. He didn't even know how to use his powers worth shit.

The Great Galen

You honestly comparing this guy to marvel....Supes has used t-vo to copy opponents power in the past. I could just use that same line of reasoning u have and claim Supes copies the PC and beats SS down.

Enyalus
You honestly comparing this guy to marvel....Supes has used t-vo to copy opponents power in the past. I could just use that same line of reasoning u have and claim Supes copies the PC and beats SS down.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_020-SupermanBatman018Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

That's why SS will own Superman in a few short seconds.

ultimatethor

Supes has used Tvo to copy peoples powers? Who was it and bring up a scan. Unless u can explain to me why marvel wud be resistant to this then just shut up before u make a bigger fool of urself.

ultimatethor
I just know you aren't using Legacy's lame ass. He didn't even know how to use his powers worth shit.

Legacy wasnt as good as some of the other nega band users sure, but the thing is he still had the nega bands themselves and for SS to absorb those is the major part of the feat.

The Great Galen
Supes has used Tvo to copy peoples powers? Who was it and bring up a scan. Unless u can explain to me why marvel wud be resistant to this then just shut up before u make a bigger fool of urself. [/QUOTE

You're kidding right...you actually think SS can trap a peak herald character with magical properties into his board. You actually think someone of Marvel's calibur can be trapped by his...you know what convo over.

ultimatethor
Supes has used Tvo to copy peoples powers? Who was it and bring up a scan. Unless u can explain to me why marvel wud be resistant to this then just shut up before u make a bigger fool of urself.

I knew that u had nothing to go with but this is just ridiculous. So u mean u have absoultely NO proof whatsoever to support anything u say? Christ! So because u consider him peak herlad makes him immune to it? SS has already trapped the nega bands which are a high level tool in matter/ enrgy mani themselves. Captain marvel being "peak herald" doesnt make him immune to an attack. But oh yeah he is a "peak herald" roll eyes (sarcastic) As i said either come up with some proof or just shut up before u make an even BIGGER fool of urself.

The Great Galen
I knew that u had nothing to go with but this is just ridiculous. So u mean u have absoultely NO proof whatsoever to support anything u say? Christ! So because u consider him peak herlad makes him immune to it? SS has already trapped the nega bands which are a high level tool in matter/ enrgy mani themselves. Captain marvel being "peak herald" doesnt make him immune to an attack. But oh yeah he is a "peak herald" roll eyes (sarcastic) As i said either come up with some proof or just shut up before u make an even BIGGER fool of urself.

smile Right Marvel is just some meta I fogot..it isnt like he can fight or anything since SS has this awesome combat ability and speed Happy Dance

ultimatethor
smile Right Marvel is just some meta I fogot..it isnt like he can fight or anything since SS has this awesome combat ability and speed Happy Dance

So now that u have failed to prove anything u resort back to gibberish. laughing out loud. U really are an inept debater if u can even be called that.

The Great Galen
You're the one using a example of SS"absorbing people into his board", although I would like some evidence that it can be done on someone of Marvels power?

fangirl101
Trapping Marvel in the Board won't work. One Quick Lightning Charged punch or a Shazam quickly Destroys the board.

ultimatethor
Trapping Marvel in the Board won't work. One Quick Lightning Charged punch or a Shazam quickly Destroys the board.

Nope he cant move cuz he is no longer a physical being.

fangirl101
Nope he cant move cuz he is no longer a physical being. And that somehow stops him from calling on his magical lightning? You know the marvel's can call down the lightning even in other entities right?

ultimatethor
You're the one using a example of SS"absorbing people into his board", although I would like some evidence that it can be done on someone of Marvels power?

Gibberish as usual. CIS is off so its a very viable tactic. Evidence? I showed SS absorbing Legacy with the Nega bands which themselves are a high level tool for matter/enrgy manip. Show marvel resisting this can of attack or just STFU. It wud save evryone a lot of trouble.

ultimatethor
And that somehow stops him from calling on his magical lightning? You know the marvel's can call down the lightning even in other entities right?

Well then SS send his board to another dimension and then creates a brand new one.

carver9
Silver surfer>>>>versatility and power, everyone on dc team
Thor>>>versatility and outright power, everyone on dc team
Brb>> versatility and power, everyone on dc team
Black bolt> everyone on dc team except captain atom

Thor can take souls, go back in time, take away powers, absorb energy from beings, etc... and since cis is off he can outright start this in his fight and lets not forget that thor has on panel proof of it SAYING that he can fly light speed.

Brb, what can I say, he is a planet destroyer and has the feats and on panel proof to prove this. I wonder how many planet destroying punches anyone on dc team can take.Hell superman got koed by a punch that had the weight of a planet by hawkman.

Black bolt has forcefields that can take nukes and he has fast reaction speed himself and can basically amp himself if he wanted and hit anyone on the field with his master blow. He can create black holes, shoot blast that can cut through matter like water. He beat sphinx, a galactus level being with this power. Again black bolt is one of the most powerful on the field and his scream alone should be able to kill or ko anyone on dc team and since cis is off he'll unleash at the beginning of the fight while thor and brb would be raining lightning down on them and silver surfer blasting them with planet destroying blast.

Fist fight, dc 8/10
Power fight marvel 10/10 and easily

fangirl101
Well then SS send his board to another dimension and then creates a brand new one.
I need to see Surfer's board asborbing a high end magical being. Let's try that first. Not a noob super hero.

KuRuPT Thanosi
not sure what is so difficult about this battle. Surfer disposes of superman with ease right off the bat while SS other team members attack his allies. Once supes is done rather quickly is 3 on 4 and marvel wins.

The Great Galen
I need to see Surfer's board asborbing a high end magical being. Let's try that first. Not a noob super hero.

Aside from that obscure claim...how does BB hang in.

fangirl101
He gets knocked out rather quickly would Assume. Altho he has been able to hang with Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi

What keeps superman in this battle longer then 10 secs before it becomes a 3 on 4 in Marvel's favor?

Enyalus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
What keeps superman in this battle longer then 10 secs before it becomes a 3 on 4 in Marvel's favor?

Not to mention BB's scream would kill at least one person on DC...probably Manhunter.

fangirl101
Not to mention BB's scream would kill at least one person on DC...probably Manhunter.
BB will be able to open his mouth with MM not allowing him to? He will be able to hit someone intangible and invisible?

carver9
He gets knocked out rather quickly would Assume. Altho he has been able to hang with Thor.

Show me bb getting knocked out with one punch. You should be able to find it since he has fought top tiers. You have a lot of comics to choose from because he fought gladiator who is stronger, faster and more durable then superman, he fought thor, fought apocalypse, magneto, sphyinx, hulk (cant use wwh since wwh is stronger then anyone on dc team by far.).

I'll be waiting because you'll never find it, black bolt could arguably be one of the most durable character in this fight and since youre saying that what is stopping black bolt from creating multiple of black holes around superman body. We seen what one black hole did to him, almost killed him.

Enyalus
BB will be able to open his mouth with MM not allowing him to?

He does this how? Telepathy?

carver9

It should be able to kill anyone on dc team.

carver9
He does this how? Telepathy?

Black bolt is shielded from telepathy.

fangirl101
Black bolt is shielded from telepathy.
Is he shielded form having his brain phased out of his head?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Come on Fangirl you can't be serious. Show me MM doing that to somebody on BB level? Next you dont' agree that SS disposes of superman rather quickly? Which makes this a three vs. four?

carver9

You're hilarious. The things you come up with.

fangirl101
Come on Fangirl you can't be serious. Show me MM doing that to somebody on BB level? Next you dont' agree that SS disposes of superman rather quickly? Which makes this a three vs. four?
As quickly as Surfer gets rid of superman, is as quickly as MM pwns BB. The martian has phased into Wonder Woman. And she's tuffer than BB.

Enyalus
BB also has total molecular control over his body, so phasing won't work. Like I said before, MM is killed by BB. Quickly.

fangirl101
BB also has total molecular control over his body, so phasing won't work. Like I said before, MM is killed by BB. Quickly.
Hell no. BB won't even be able to see MM. MM can go invisible. Shape Shift. martian manhunter's vision was powerful enough to melt WW3 Black Adam's face. ww3 BA>>>>BB

Enyalus
Hell no. BB won't even be able to see MM. MM can go invisible. Shape Shift. martian manhunter's vision was powerful enough to melt WW3 Black Adam's face. ww3 BA>>>>BB

No prep time, no CIS. BB screams, that's it. If MM started off intangible or invisible or something, you'd have a case.

iceman24567
No prep time, no CIS. BB screams, that's it. If MM started off intangible or invisible or something, you'd have a case. How long do you think it takes him to go intangible? You know he usually starts off offensively with it i think he would do that to Black Bolt boom he's gone.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
How long do you think it takes him to go intangible? You know he usually starts off offensively with it i think he would do that to Black Bolt boom he's gone.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Because he can attack people while intangible, without the phasing garbage? Last I checked, being intangible doesn't stop your eardrums from bursting.

fangirl101
roll eyes (sarcastic) Because he can attack people while intangible, without the phasing garbage? Last I checked, being intangible doesn't stop your eardrums from bursting.
BB's scream is not sound.

Enyalus
BB's scream is not sound.

You've seen what Zoom's sonic booms can do. That's similar to what BB's scream is...but more powerful.

carver9
You all do know that this is more then a one on one battle and black bolt is going to kill someone in this battle, I dont know who it is but someone is dying and I wonder if martian manhunter could take black bolts master blow, something that knocked hulk out twice.

fangirl101
You all do know that this is more then a one on one battle and black bolt is going to kill someone in this battle, I dont know who it is but someone is dying and I wonder if martian manhunter could take black bolts master blow, something that knocked hulk out twice.
The Hulk can't phase and let the punch go right thru him.

iceman24567
Dude intangibility and phasing are basically the same thing no expression.

carver9
The Hulk can't phase and let the punch go right thru him.

huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceman24567
Yeah i don't understand that one either no expression.

fangirl101
huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What good is a master blow if MM phases/goes intangible. the blow is going to be hitting the air.

carver9
What good is a master blow if MM phases/goes intangible. the blow is going to be hitting the air.

I agree with you fangirl and I know that martian can beat bb but some of the things that you say to give a person a win just get distracting sometimes.

I honestly think that black bolt can hit the entire team with a scream at the beginning of the match which would disable them and thor along with the rest could just pick them off. Some of the most durable character in comics fears black bolt scream, sentry, gladiator, hulk, etc... and its a reason why they fear it.

Black bolt should be able to rip the flesh off of anyone on the dc team and quiet easily. Hell apocalypse took a blast from phoenix and survived but a mere whisper from black bolt almost killed him and destroyed a city, creating hurricanes, etc.... and that was just a whisper.

Hell magneto with his forcefield up fleed when black bolt was about to open his mouth and he whispered something to magneto and destroyed a city.

If black bolt decides to open his mouth, dc best bet is to run and run fast and thats including martian manhunter even if he's intagible.

fangirl101
I agree with you fangirl and I know that martian can beat bb but some of the things that you say to give a person a win just get distracting sometimes.

I honestly think that black bolt can hit the entire team with a scream at the beginning of the match which would disable them and thor along with the rest could just pick them off. Some of the most durable character in comics fears black bolt scream, sentry, gladiator, hulk, etc... and its a reason why they fear it.

Black bolt should be able to rip the flesh off of anyone on the dc team and quiet easily. Hell apocalypse took a blast from phoenix and survived but a mere whisper from black bolt almost killed him and destroyed a city, creating hurricanes, etc.... and that was just a whisper.

Hell magneto with his forcefield up fleed when black bolt was about to open his mouth and he whispered something to magneto and destroyed a city.

If black bolt decides to open his mouth, dc best bet is to run and run fast and thats including martian manhunter even if he's intagible.
Um no. The apoc that took out by bb's scream was not the real apoc. Ug. And Superman has taken shot's of entropy. No bb's scream won't be taking the flesh off of anyone.

Enyalus
An amped Superman. Quit with the fallacies, Fangirl.

fangirl101
An amped Superman. Quit with the fallacies, Fangirl. And he should quit with the BB fallacies.

carver9
Um no. The apoc that took out by bb's scream was not the real apoc. Ug. And Superman has taken shot's of entropy. No bb's scream won't be taking the flesh off of anyone.

I could have sworn that superman was sundipped when taking that and is there any on panel proof that brainiac was even using entropy. I'm looking at the book now and from the way it appears, brainiac was using his own energy.

carver9
And he should quit with the BB fallacies.

What fallacies, everything that I said was the truth. You do know who sphinx is right, if you dont, I'll tell you, he basically soloed a fed galactus and stalemated him. Black bolt beat this same being.

carver9
Im not saying that black bolt>galactus but the feat was impressive.

fangirl101
What fallacies, everything that I said was the truth. You do know who sphinx is right, if you dont, I'll tell you, he basically soloed a fed galactus and stalemated him. Black bolt beat this same being. And? Speed ball and Nova also hurt and beat the same being. I'm talking kid nova. Next.

carver9
And? Speed ball and Nova also hurt and beat the same being. I'm talking kid nova. Next.

Scans.

fangirl101
Scans.

The New Warriors. So many times.

ultimatethor

This is not about being obscure or not. The point of that scan was to show SS absorbing the nega bands which have good matter/energy manipulation capabilities. Being a high end magical being counts for shit if u cant resist such forms of transmutation. Some proof that Marvel can resist the attack needs to be provided period.

fangirl101
This is not about being obscure or not. The point of that scan was to show SS absorbing the nega bands which have good matter/energy manipulation capabilities. Being a high end magical being counts for shit if u cant resist such forms of transmutation. Some proof that Marvel can resist the attack needs to be provided period.
No. The proof is if Surfer has absorbed any actual high tiers in the board. Let's try that first. And then any high tier magical beings. Enchantments have a way of preventing those types of things.

ultimatethor
No. The proof is if Surfer has absorbed any actual high tiers in the board. Let's try that first. And then any high tier magical beings. Enchantments have a way of preventing those types of things.

BIG NO!. YOu saying "enchantments have ways of preventing those type of things" counts for shit and proves absolutely nothin. When did we start assuming that characters have resistance to something because of their tier ranking? A character may be a high tier but be lower in a particular area than another character who might be below him. In this case im asking for some examples of CMs resistance to such molecular manip. . Im still waiting.

darthgoober
Why is BB being regarded as such a weak link in this fight? Aren't things like Antimatter blasts pretty tough for most DC characters to resist/counter?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Placidity
DC Powerhouses

1. Captain Atom
2. Captain Marvel
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Superman

Marvel Powerhouses

1. Silver Surfer
2. Beta Ray Bill
3. Blackagar Boltagon
4. Thor (Classic)

- No BFR

- No CIS

Wait when you say "No Black holes or similar BS" are you limiting the creation of black holes, or are you limiting Surfer's power output? Also, are things like T-Vo and he Godblast also barred, or is Surfer the only one being handicapped?

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why is BB being regarded as such a weak link in this fight? Aren't things like Antimatter blasts pretty tough for most DC characters to resist/counter?

Thats why I said that black bolt is arguably one of the most powerful beings in this match. Im looking for some of his feats concerning his powers now that should shut a lot of people up in here.

carver9
Wait when you say "No Black holes or similar BS" are you limiting the creation of black holes, or are you limiting Surfer's power output? And by the same token, are things like T-Vo and he Godblast also barred, or is Surfer the only one being handicapped?

Im thinking that he is trying to handicapp black bolt since he can create black holes.

fangirl101
antimatter in Marvel doesn't carry the same potency. same name. Definitely not the same effect.

darthgoober
antimatter in Marvel doesn't carry the same potency. same name. Definitely not the same effect.
Antimatter is Antimatter. You can't penalize Marvel for giving their characters a greater resistance to it than DC characters anymore than you can penalize DC for giving their characters super speed.

Otherwise we might as well start trying to wrestle with questions as to whether or not Black Holes/Stars/Nova's are more potent in which company...

Lord S
Team Marvel wins both scenarios.

I'm too lazy to do rankings.

fangirl101
Antimatter is Antimatter. You can't penalize Marvel for giving their characters a greater resistance to it than DC characters anymore than you can penalize DC for giving their characters super speed.
Um no. Anti-Matter in DCU is the absolute destructive force of reality destruction. There wasn't any anti matter wave in marvel. If that is the case, then zatanna is 100 times more powerful than Dr. Strange and Wonder Woman is stronger than Thor since Magic is more potent in DC.

darthgoober
Um no. Anti-Matter in DCU is the absolute destructive force of reality destruction. There wasn't any anti matter wave in marvel. If that is the case, then zatanna is 100 times more powerful than Dr. Strange and Wonder Woman is stronger than Thor since Magic is more potent in DC.
It's an absolute force of destruction because DC hasn't saw fit to give it's characters the same resistance to it that Marvel has with it's characters. By the same token, Marvel hasn't saw fit to equip all of it's top tiers with uber levels of strength and speed like DC has, but should we assume that the greater strength/speed possessed by the majority of DC characters doesn't count since it's portrayed differently in Marvel? Or maybe their black holes are stronger or their stars/super nova's more intense...

*Edit*
And unless I'm mistaken Antimatter isn't the "Absolute force of destruction" in DC, Entropy is.

carver9
Black bolt actually speed blitzing someone and then disrupting his energy and power which defeats this powerful kree.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Inhumans_TGR_001_55.jpg

Black bolt words would have destroyed the planet but he talk to the earth and cause volcanoes to shake etc....

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bb1sr9.jpg

Control minds

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Inhumans-v1-001-03.jpg

Black bolt voice ripping a hole in reality.
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newavengersilluminati00br2.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newavengersilluminati00ol6.jpg

Just pure destruction.
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackboltfeat16gt.gif

One of the most destructive blast in marvel.
http://img171.exs.cx/img171/9885/vssphinx31pn.jpg

Creating black holes.
http://img125.exs.cx/img125/8040/holes6lm.jpg

Matter manipulate
http://img125.exs.cx/img125/8040/holes6lm.jpg

Control the atmosphere

http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=atmo1vr0km.jpg

The Great Galen
So back to topic, Team DC wins.

ultimatethor
So back to topic, Team DC wins.

IF only u cud prove that. sad

iceman24567
So back to topic, Team DC wins. Agreed team Dc wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team Marvel wins this and I don't think it's very close. Black bolt screams to start the match whiich probably kills at least one DC member or puts them on the defensive long enough for surfer to Pwn superman very quickly and then I see this as a 2 v 4 from that point on.

fangirl101
Team Marvel wins this and I don't think it's very close. Black bolt screams to start the match whiich probably kills at least one DC member or puts them on the defensive long enough for surfer to Pwn superman very quickly and then I see this as a 2 v 4 from that point on.
Black Bolt screams to start the match and puts down his own team as well. Or someone on the DC side move at blur speeds and takes BB's head off before he can open his mouth.

ultimatethor
Black Bolt screams to start the match and puts down his own team as well. Or someone on the DC side move at blur speeds and takes BB's head off before he can open his mouth.

Nope he can direct it. And surfer bullrushing speed greater than anyone on the DC team. He will take off MM head before they even move.

The Great Galen
Nope he can direct it. And surfer bullrushing speed greater than anyone on the DC team. He will take off MM head before they even move.

Except there is more then just a single person on DC team who can bullrush...and like Thanos proved he can easily be reacted to. Anyhow MM takes out BB fairly easy.

ultimatethor
Except there is more then just a single person on DC team who can bullrush...and like Thanos proved he can easily be reacted to. Anyhow MM takes out BB fairly easy.

What are u even talking about? So what if there is more than one person on the DC team can bullrush? The only memeber of the Marvel team that can be taken out by a bullrush is BB.Surfer is still the fastest in the filed by a fair margin and can take out MM before he knows whats goin on. And who can easily be reacted to? I really hope u arent talking about surfer cuz surfers top bullrushing speed is much greater than anyone on the Dc teams.

The Great Galen
What are u even talking about? So what if there is more than one person on the DC team can bullrush? The only memeber of the Marvel team that can be taken out by a bullrush is BB.Surfer is still the fastest in the filed by a fair margin and can take out MM before he knows whats goin on. And who can easily be reacted to? I really hope u arent talking about surfer cuz surfers top bullrushing speed is much greater than anyone on the Dc teams.

So do you have any evidence that SS top bullrushed speed is faster then Supes or MM ability reaction...on that note Thor could easily be taken out by a simple bullrush.

Enyalus
So do you have any evidence that SS top bullrushed speed is faster then Supes or MM ability reaction...on that note Thor could easily be taken out by a simple bullrush.

Yes. SS's bullrush has been clocked at over 31 million times light speed.

In Infinity Gauntlet, he rushes over a lightyear in a second. In Annihilation it says "Seconds later and lightyears away.." when he's carrying Air Walker in his arms. And in an arc I don't remember the name of, it states that he travels trillions of miles in seconds.

So yes. SS's bullrush >>> Supes'.

fangirl101
Yes. SS's bullrush has been clocked at over 31 million times light speed.

In Infinity Gauntlet, he rushes over a lightyear in a second. In Annihilation it says "Seconds later and lightyears away.." when he's carrying Air Walker in his arms. And in an arc I don't remember the name of, it states that he travels trillions of miles in seconds.

So yes. SS's bullrush >>> Supes'.
Superman flew from Vega to Earth in a second or so. And he also flew Wondy to the sun in under a few seconds. That's at least 80 times the speed of light. The vega thing is even more. try again.

carver9
Superman flew from Vega to Earth in a second or so. And he also flew Wondy to the sun in under a few seconds. That's at least 80 times the speed of light. The vega thing is even more. try again.

and vulcan flew across the universe in less then a week which makes him>>>>>>the speed of light but guess on panel it states that he can only fly 550 mph. Rogue flew from the moon back to the xmansion instantly but guess what her top speed is, well below the speed of sound. Terrax flew from the skrull planet to earth in one panel, gues what his speed is, below the speed of sound.

Space flight dont mean jack because if thats the case, brb>>>>>>>>>>almost anyone on the battle field since he basically flew across the universe in two panels to fight stardust and confront galactus, hell brb got some of the most impressive space flight in here.

Now if we go by what is SAID in comics then surfer flies the speed of light and superman himself admitted more then once that he cant go close to the speed of light and thats on panel proof. Now unless you can show a scan saying that he can go the speed of light without this space flight crap which almost every character has done then your arguments is pointless and that would make vulcan top speed>>>>supermans.

carver9

Whats supermans top speed when it comes to bullrushing someone.

fangirl101
and vulcan flew across the universe in less then a week which makes him>>>>>>the speed of light but guess on panel it states that he can only fly 550 mph. Rogue flew from the moon back to the xmansion instantly but guess what her top speed is, well below the speed of sound. Terrax flew from the skrull planet to earth in one panel, gues what his speed is, below the speed of sound.

Space flight dont mean jack because if thats the case, brb>>>>>>>>>>almost anyone on the battle field since he basically flew across the universe in two panels to fight stardust and confront galactus, hell brb got some of the most impressive space flight in here.

Now if we go by what is SAID in comics then surfer flies the speed of light and superman himself admitted more then once that he cant go close to the speed of light and thats on panel proof. Now unless you can show a scan saying that he can go the speed of light without this space flight crap which almost every character has done then your arguments is pointless and that would make vulcan top speed>>>>supermans.
I'm sorry. Your post fails. you don't like the fact that Superman flew so fast so you try and discredit it. The fact is, he flew hundreds of times the speed of light or more from vega. And Since when does superman say he can't go light speed? That would be dumb. I've seen Superman keep up with Orion who routinely keeps up with Lighray. who does fly faster than lightspeed.

carver9
I'm sorry. Your post fails. you don't like the fact that Superman flew so fast so you try and discredit it. The fact is, he flew hundreds of times the speed of light or more from vega. And Since when does superman say he can't go light speed? That would be dumb. I've seen Superman keep up with Orion who routinely keeps up with Lighray. who does fly faster than lightspeed.

Superman said it TWICE on panel that he cant go the speed of light and during the time he said this he was still doing space flight. Dr. Light stated that superman cant go the speed of light. Wonder woman stated on panel that it would take superman minutes to fly 22000 miles which light would fly that distance instantly. Like I said, show something saying that he goes the speed of light or get that space crap out of here. Silver surfer has a lot of proof where it states that he can fly the speed of light, it was said on panel, he thor has on panel proof where it is STATED that he can fly the speed of light. Gladiator also got proof of it stating that he can go the speed of light.

Enyalus
Superman flew from Vega to Earth in a second or so.

erm I wish you'd stop exaggerating things. It took him several minutes, not a second or so. I read Death of the New Gods. stick out tongue Jimmy had finished his sentences and was out of danger, etc, by the time Superman shows up. 25 Lightyears in a few minutes. Damn impressive, I agree.

Nowhere near SS though.

fangirl101
erm I wish you'd stop exaggerating things. It took him several minutes, not a second or so. I read Death of the New Gods. stick out tongue Jimmy had finished his sentences and was out of danger, etc, by the time Superman shows up. 25 Lightyears in a few minutes. Damn impressive, I agree.

Nowhere near SS though.
If he took 25 minutes, That would still be 525600 times faster than light speed. And it most certainly wasn't 25 minutes.

Enyalus
If he took 25 minutes, That would still be 525600 times faster than light speed. And it most certainly wasn't 25 minutes.

No. You're right. I'd say...maybe four minutes would be fair.

But if I wanted to be picky - there's no proof of how he got there. Boom tube is possible. stick out tongue

ultimatethor

Any proof? Surfer was able to go half a million light years near instantly and fly across the universe in moments. Whats supes or MMs top reaction speed? And on that note its obvious that u are absolutely ignorant about thor( Unsurprisingly when u think he cant absorb supermans HV). Thor is way to durable to be taken out by a bullrush. As always ur "argument" fails woefully.

Raoul
I can't believe people still have the gall to try and claim that Superman cant fly FTL, when he has the ON. PANEL. FEATS.

The source wall, saturn, the black hole... All FTL feats, plus quite a few more....

Superman is as modest as anyone, and in the past, he's been unable to pass light speed, but now? Please.

It's getting old.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
I can't believe people still have the gall to try and claim that Superman cant fly FTL, when he has the ON. PANEL. FEATS.

The source wall, saturn, the black hole... All FTL feats, plus quite a few more....

Superman is as modest as anyone, and in the past, he's been unable to pass light speed, but now? Please.

It's getting old. FANBOY!@

abhilegend
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.