Volume 4 - Fugitives (SPOILERS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Starting on Episode 14, a new volume of heroes will kick off named "Fugitives"

Much about this new volume is not yet known namely because the current volume is still ongoing, and as not yet been resolved, but there are some news about the new volume, and surely more news, and spoilers, will make themselves available in the next week (or two months left in the current one)

so far we got three new characters:
- David, a dark and twisted kid who tells lies easily and has a cruel streak
- Alex, a Southern California surfer dude who works at a comic book shop.

and:

- a character known only as "The Hunter."

so far we got confirmation on who's playing The Hunter: Zeljko Ivanek, (who's work include: 24, Oz and Damages) for a 10 episodes story arc

So, what do you think, will Heroes be able to get it all together and deliver a good new volume, or will it still be plagued by the same woes?

... at least it'll be set in the present, no more time travel... so does that mean they take Hiro's power....? no expression

Mairuzu
hopefully, i hate that power

celestialdemon
Same here. It only over complicates things.

S_D_J
I actually like his power... but it only helps to complicate matters, maybe if could only freeze time... but it doesn't work like that

so what will happen to Hiro then? without powers he's nothing, he must either die, or get kidnapped or something...

Mairuzu
I wouldn't want him killed off, maybe they'll make him realize how bad it is go to the future and the past

should keep him sticking to stopping time and teleporting

Captain REX
Yeah, Hiro might just have an epiphany that he needs to not go time traveling to solve everything.

Blue_Hefner
Ando still kills Hiro hopefully. That would explain why he wasn't around in the future Peter saw.

Entity
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, Hiro might just have an epiphany that he needs to not go time traveling to solve everything.

Isn't that what their basically leading to with his current story line with that African future painter? That way they can still have Hiro around and have an excuse for why he doesn't time travel to fix everything. Probably allot of why he seemed so careful about time traveling to the past in Five Years Gone and now he's been so quick to use that power. He'd become more reluctant and cautious about doing it after seeing all the negative effects of the butterfly effect and that sorta thing.

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Ando still kills Hiro hopefully. That would explain why he wasn't around in the future Peter saw.

Not really, think about it Ando only killed Hiro seconds before the world was destroyed! Not that it really matters, I mean just because Peter went to the future doesn't mean he has to "just happen" to always run into the same Japanese guy in America every time he's there.

Makes sense to me.

Blue_Hefner
I guess you're right. :/

Mairuzu
Hiro was holding the piece of the formula when ando killed him

"if" he killed him, who knows what that ability was that he used on him, red electricity???

in a hadouken style???

S_D_J
Originally posted by Entity
Isn't that what their basically leading to with his current story line with that African future painter? That way they can still have Hiro around and have an excuse for why he doesn't time travel to fix everything. Probably allot of why he seemed so careful about time traveling to the past in Five Years Gone and now he's been so quick to use that power. He'd become more reluctant and cautious about doing it after seeing all the negative effects of the butterfly effect and that sorta thing.

Not really, think about it Ando only killed Hiro seconds before the world was destroyed! Not that it really matters, I mean just because Peter went to the future doesn't mean he has to "just happen" to always run into the same Japanese guy in America every time he's there.

Makes sense to me.

I don't think Hiro understand the butterfly effect yet...

anyways they've already given him an excuse to not go to the past, and he's sorta stick to it when it is convenient to do so... the problem though it's not the past, but the future, and everytime it's the end of the world...
seriously, like it was said in the show: "The world will always need saving", but stop going to the future to see what is it they have to stop...

starlock
From what i have read here and online...what makes anybody think there wont be time traveling involved?....

Three new characters sounds like a bad idea...this show cant work with what they have now......and just when some loose their power...we get new ones to try and follow?...i can see it now.....more time away from the central characters and so many cuts between those that will be prominent.that we will have another season 2 fiasco....i dont have good feelings about it

Mairuzu
seriously, stop adding characters unless you are willing to get rid of some

there are enough as is... at least not full time ones

S_D_J
Originally posted by starlock
From what i have read here and online...what makes anybody think there wont be time traveling involved?....

Three new characters sounds like a bad idea...this show cant work with what they have now......and just when some loose their power...we get new ones to try and follow?...i can see it now.....more time away from the central characters and so many cuts between those that will be prominent.that we will have another season 2 fiasco....i dont have good feelings about it

according to the reports by Ausiello and Kristin, the show will focus in the present, and they say there won't be anymore time travel... though I found that unlikely
There should be some kind of time manipulation, but still not being the focus that drives the characters and the entire season, as it was with just about the entire show...

hopefully they keep this promise... time travel only complicate things when they rely too much on it.

I get why you wouldn't like anymore characters... but why not?, the entire premise of Heroes is built upon people with abilities... so if there are going to be new abilities... there should be new people

they could get rid of some characters, or ignore some character ( like they have with Micah and Monica) to make room for more people and have a more focused history, that isn't branching all around the place.

The writers have got to know that they don't have to include every single characters into the storyline... please, give us more episodes like "Company Man" with focus and, in a way, self centered...

Mairuzu
COMPANY MAN!

starlock
I just dont feel like heroes is good at a rotating cast....its not a reality show....and most shows have a set cast....i dont mind the characters that interact with one another and from time to time a new character with powers is revealed,....but heroes just does not do it well..they cut from scene to scene and it takes 6 episodes for most plots to merge,i dont think i want that...now if Heroes had shown me it was good at it and had a formula that made it work..well i might be more interested...oh...and i think companyman is one of the best episodes they ever made wink

Captain REX
Originally Kring wasn't even going to use the Season One cast, so really he kind of warped his plans by trying to retain the past characters due to popularity. He sacrificed some of his artistic rights in that respect, but ratings would have dived if he ditched Peter and Hiro and Sylar and the gang.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Captain REX
Originally Kring wasn't even going to use the Season One cast, so really he kind of warped his plans by trying to retain the past characters due to popularity. He sacrificed some of his artistic rights in that respect, but ratings would have dived if he ditched Peter and Hiro and Sylar and the gang. How did he not see that coming? How can you be so ignorant?

Captain REX
I'm sure he saw it coming after Heroes started picking up some higher ratings. It was his idea when he started work on the show, after all, before anyone knew what Heroes was.

Mairuzu
I haven't seen a show that got rid of their season 1 cast

S_D_J

Captain REX
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I haven't seen a show that got rid of their season 1 cast

Doesn't mean it can't be done.

Strangelove
I haven't seen a show that got rid of their season 1 cast E.R.

Captain REX
Also, now that I remember, House has also switched out the majority of its original cast.

BackFire
So far I've enjoyed the Villains volume quite a bit. A bit convoluted at times but it's head and shoulders above the 8 episode pointless streak of season 2 (where they seemed to literally have no direction or arc at all).

Not as good as Season 1, but I've bee satisfied with the current volume. They added a new super villain in Anthony Petroni which I thought they needed too since Sylar wasn't quite super villain material since he was just as powerful as Peter more or less.

Looking forward to the next one. Zeljko Ivanek is always awesome and he plays a great villain.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7899

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/exclusive-bryan.html

Pushing Daisies fans will probably take a hit out on me for saying this, but something good has come out of the comedy's untimely death: It's freed up Bryan Fuller to rescue Heroes from the villain known as "What the Frak Have They Done to a Once-Great Show?!" In his first interview since rejoining the series as a consultant, the writer-producer-genius behind such acclaimed season 1 hours as "Company Man" reveals where it all went wrong, what it'll take to make it right, and who's gonna have to be sacrificed before that can happen.

starlock
They let go two writer/producers...and hired a consultant....as good as fuller is...i was hoping for a "head writer" title...we can only hope things turn around....a concern is that Kring is the problem..if thats the case...i dont see any real change

S_D_J
I don't see why he couldn't penned a script or two... he is responsible for "Company Man" after all...

S_D_J
Episodes tentative titles for the next volume:

Episode 3x17: Cold Wars

Episode 3x19: Shades of Gray

General Spoilers

Spoilers from Kristin @ E!:

....So there it is: Hiro doesn't have his powers, so no more time-travel until further notice.... that is if Peter doesn't have any of his absorbed powers and have to regained them (which I think is the case)... and if you don't count Daphne, who seems to only be able to travel back in time and not to the future....

Captain REX
It should be interesting what they throw Hiro without his abilities.

Quincy
I think the teaser looked sweet.

But then again...so did "Villains"

Mairuzu
I don't think I've seen the teaser, was it on right after the last episode?

S_D_J
it was the ending of the last episode... when Nathan talked to the president...

the youtube video is on the next episode thread btw

Quincy
I don't think I've seen the teaser, was it on right after the last episode?

Yeah they did the whole "Next Year...On Heroes..."

and it showed Zeljko!

Mairuzu
oh okay

ive seen it then

Captain REX
I wonder what the general aim of Volume 4 will be, other than 'not getting caught by the government' or 'escaping the government.'

truejedi
Now to be fair, I only watched heroes halfway through season 2, but it seems like by Volume 4, Silar should have been good and dead, no?

Nephthys
HAHAHAHAHA.

you naive fool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.