Galactus w/un vs An infinite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
smile

Please tell me if this is a spite..... I don't know (seriously).

Enyalus
I dunno, but I doubt the UN would affect one of the Infinites. And if so, Galactus is effed.

Hewhoknowsall
Come on.... I thought this was a good idea....

kgkg
Galactus wins

Bentley
Galan wins.

Hewhoknowsall
I thought that an infinite's hand could defeat Eternity.

Bentley
Yeah, but the UN owns Eternity too.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, but the UN owns Eternity too.

not just eternity- The nullifier wiped out everything that existed in the marvel multiverse (not just 616) and rebuilt it.

unless you've got something that's demonstrably more powerful than the combined force of tens of thousands of universes put together (pre-retcon beyonder, the infinity gauntlet, something similar) It's getting seriously owned here.

guy222
Big G

rotiart
God. I'm sick of these... Galactis automatically gets the un cliches. He never uses it. It maybe as if it is him... But it's as often used by galactus as the ig is used by thanos

Galactus would lose. The infinites were multiversal. They handled eternity. They win

janus77
Galactus himself is said to be capable of consuming the omniverse...

with the UN = autowin

Knowsbleed33
Galactus ftw.

The Infinites weren't that impressive.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I thought that an infinite's hand could defeat Eternity. [/QUOTE

True but don't forget, that was just one, singular aspect of Eternity. I don't know if one infinite would be able to handle the totality of Eternity's being-i doubt it.

And the totality of Eternity's being was broken by the UN.

fangirl101
If just the hand was enough to threaten Etenity, I Doubt Big G can win here. Big G isn't that powerful. And the UN has only Mulitversal power at it's height. It doesn't operate on that level all of the time. and Big G isn't omniversal. Unless Thing is the one above all.

Knowsbleed33
1 Infinity needed to sacrifice himself to recreate 1 planet. They aren't all that powerful.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by fangirl101
If just the hand was enough to threaten Etenity, I Doubt Big G can win here. Big G isn't that powerful. And the UN has only Mulitversal power at it's height. It doesn't operate on that level all of the time. and Big G isn't omniversal. Unless Thing is the one above all.

I don't think there was ever any hint or intimation that the UN has variable "levels" of power like Galactus himself.

You fire it at what you want gone (object, event, or concept), and then boom, it's gone.

From the piss of a fly to the multi-eternity himself. There's no "operating on x and y levels"

Utrigita
Galactus W/UN for the win.

Bentley
Originally posted by fangirl101

At its height? What do you mean?

occultdestroyer
LOL.
Imagine Big G getting crushed like a tin can of Coke in the hand of an Infinite.

Bouboumaster
Infinite = useless beings in Marvel Universe

Red Hulk
I don't know what it takes to take down an infinite.

I can't assume that the UN can do it.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by rotiart
God. I'm sick of these... Galactis automatically gets the un cliches. He never uses it. It maybe as if it is him... But it's as often used by galactus as the ig is used by thanos

Galactus would lose. The infinites were multiversal. They handled eternity. They win

Galactus "always gets the UN" because it's now canon that the UN is an aspect of- that is a physical PART of galactus. It's not an entirely separate object.

comparing it to Thanos with the gauntlet is a bad comparison since Thanos didn't create the gems. He was only one of many users and doesn't currently have access to it.

As for how often he uses it: how often does the flash simply IMP every opponent to death? Why is superman constantly "holding back" his true strength? Why doesn't black bolt simply "scream" his opponents to atoms? Why doesn't Thor use the Godforce blast at every opportunity? Why doesn't Dr. Strange call on the full power of Eternity or the Vishanti every time he has a problem?

besides the obvious "it makes for shitty stories if they do" its out of character for most of these individuals to use their most powerful attack on everything. They're "last resort" techniques.

edit: it's also worth noting that the UN "handled" multi-eternity as well, when it destroyed the marvel multiverse.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Galactus "always gets the UN" because it's now canon that the UN is an aspect of- that is a physical PART of galactus. It's not an entirely separate object.

comparing it to Thanos with the gauntlet is a bad comparison since Thanos didn't create the gems. He was only one of many users and doesn't currently have access to it.

As for how often he uses it: how often does the flash simply IMP every opponent to death? Why doesn't black bolt "scream" his opponent to atoms? Why doesn't Thor use the Godforce blast at every opportunity? Why doesn't Dr. Strange call on the full power of Eternity or the Vishanti every time he has a problem?

besides the obvious "it makes for shitty stories if they do" its out of character for most of these individuals to use their most powerful attack on everything. They're "last resort" techniques. Galactus can summon his Worldship from a place a lot farther away than the UN was (also doesn't help that Galactus doesn't like using the UN).

I guess Galactus also gets his Worldship in every thread too! No whay!

Knowsbleed33
He gets it in this thread.

I don't think he needs it though.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
He gets it in this thread.

I don't think he needs it though. The UN? I know that, but you responded as if he always gets it.

You don't think he needs the UN to defeat an Infinite?

Or was your response towards the Worldship?

Knowsbleed33
I responded as if he always gets it? False. I hate that people think he should always have it in every battle.

I don't think he needs the UN to defeat an Infinite. They weren't impressive.

Red Hulk
I responded as if he always gets it? False. I hate that people think he should always have it in every battle.

I don't think he needs the UN to defeat an Infinite. They weren't impressive. OK then, as do I.

Eternity using all of his power, managed to barely overpower a finger of an Infinite...
I don't see Galactus as being able to do much if anything to one.

Knowsbleed33
Eternity jobs a heck of alot as well. The Infinites seemed to lack any sort of omnisciences and 1 had to kill himself just to recreate a planet.

::shrugs::

Red Hulk
Eternity jobs a heck of alot as well. The Infinites seemed to lack any sort of omnisciences and 1 had to kill himself just to recreate a planet.

::shrugs:: Not really. He just gets in battles with people that he isn't vastly superior over.

Can you post scans or anything of them killing themselves to create a planet, as I don't recall this?

Knowsbleed33
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/899/avengersinfinity0420hq1.th.jpg

He essentially became the planet.

Red Hulk
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/899/avengersinfinity0420hq1.th.jpg

He essentially became the planet. Intriguing, but I don't know what that has to do with anything other than creating shit.

Also, he said other spheres... there's like galaxies of planets, and if they operate outside the multiverse, then there's no telling how many planets they have fudged up that he has sacrificed himself to save.

Knowsbleed33
I think they have potential if expanded upon. But from what we've seen I'd place them right around cosmic compass level.

occultdestroyer
In the scan,
the Infinite states "...in sacrificing my life essence, I can bring new life to this sphere... and the others."
For all we know that could be planets or galaxies he's talking about.

Knowsbleed33
Could be.

rotiart
Originally posted by Space M ummy

As for how often he uses it: how often does the flash simply IMP every opponent to death? Why is superman constantly "holding back" his true strength? Why doesn't black bolt simply "scream" his opponents to atoms? Why doesn't Thor use the Godforce blast at every opportunity? Why doesn't Dr. Strange call on the full power of Eternity or the Vishanti every time he has a problem?

besides the obvious "it makes for shitty stories if they do" its out of character for most of these individuals to use their most powerful attack on everything. They're "last resort" techniques.

edit: it's also worth noting that the UN "handled" multi-eternity as well, when it destroyed the marvel multiverse.

I compare it, because how many instances has Galactus actually USED the UN. Batman for example actually goes into his cave and grabs stuff for usage...
Blackbolt has plenty of instances of "screaming" usually against foes hulklike because BB knows they can take it.
Superman constantly holding back? and yet constantly unleashes his full against.. darkseid.. doomsday.. Konvict.. Imperiex... There are a LOT of showings of him not holding back. Thor also... against mangog in the mouth, Perrikus, destroyer, celestials, etc.

Dr. Strange doesn't call on the full power of Eternity, because he knows he wouldn't be given it. Unlike other heroes, Dr. Stranges asks permission for use of each power of his in each scenario... But has shown that he can use the powers of the Vishanti, Dormammu, Infinity, Eternity, etc on more than one occasion. Hell on many. IE, Hulk, IG crisis, going to mephistos realm,.

And as far as Last resort techniques. When Galactus was getting manhandled by Abraxas, he did not summon the UN, the FF4 went and got it. Against foes like Tenebrous and A.. whatever.. he didn't use it. Thanos with CC, IG, HOTI.

As for the IMP punch, I dislike its use as much as I dislike Galactus with the UN. Or Superman's T-vo. Or the advent of hypertime. What I am tired of is if you say, Galactus vs. So and so.... they turn back with, Galactus gets the UN, he wins. Well... he's never used it. Heck his fires are too big to fire the trigger! :P

BTW. I cannot remember even 1 instance where Galactus fires the UN. Not one. There could be, but I don't remember it. Since anyone that uses the UN is supposed to die by it. And even galactus fears the UN.

You may have a possible stalemate where Galactus kills the Infinite by firing the UN. :-/

Bentley
Galactus used the UN against Korvac.

Also, Galactus wouldn't destroy the universe as he seeks it balance. Destroying the universe was the only way to beat Abraxas.

rotiart
Originally posted by Bentley
Galactus used the UN against Korvac.

Also, Galactus wouldn't destroy the universe as he seeks it balance. Destroying the universe was the only way to beat Abraxas.

And Galactus didn't die? Weak! That negates the whole, "its like soooo the only thing I fear" (valley girl accent) story.

I don't remember galactus using it against him though. hrm.

Bentley
And Galactus didn't die? Weak! That negates the whole, "its like soooo the only thing I fear" (valley girl accent) story.

I don't remember galactus using it against him though. hrm.

Its on my respect thread. You want the scan?

Knowsbleed33
Galactus has the UN here. Arguing whether he's ever used it or not is pointless.

rotiart
why not. everyone pretty much says galactus with the un wins.

rotiart
so you are saying the minute the fight starts galactus fires. so its a stalemate. cause he kills himself.

Knowsbleed33
I don't think he needs it to win.

Mindset
so you are saying the minute the fight starts galactus fires. so its a stalemate. cause he kills himself. Using the UN doesn't kill Galactus.

What?

rotiart
Ugh. I was trying to say the idea of the UN. Using it wipes you out from existence as well as the target. But that doesn't happen to Galactus... who just so happens to also fear the UN... However the UN is a part of him... and he can summon it from another that would ever try to use it against him... and in fact when Quasar uses it, the energy from the UN wipes him out... but supposedly... this energy field either does not appear, or does not have the ability to affect Galactus.. yet he fears the UN.

Bentley
Galan has stated that it is dangerous for him to use the UN, but since it depends of the limitation of the person who wields it, he has a much better shot of using it and survive than lots of others.

That's what I get anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.