Caffeine and HFCS myths are BUSTED!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Joy!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20081028/the-truth-behind-ten-diet-myths

The myths have been busted! Time to celebrate! Happy Dance

*runs to starbucks for coffee and bran muffin*

Deja~vu
That's GREAT news about caffeine!!! I was drinking extra water..but still we should do that.

Pasta, bread and the like is good for the brain. Our brains need sugar and these products convert it so............Still, there are more healthier choices we can make...Wathful babe....LOL

If I'm an expert on any one topic, it is this one. The others I may bullshit a bit....Hahahaha laughing out loud

General knowledge about many things....Hahahaha.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Deja~vu
That's GREAT news about caffeine!!! I was drinking extra water..but still we should do that.

Pasta, bread and the like is good for the brain. Our brains need sugar and these products convert it so............Still, there are more healthier choices we can make...Wathful babe....LOL

If I'm an expert on any one topic, it is this one. The others I may bullshit a bit....Hahahaha laughing out loud

General knowledge about many things....Hahahaha.

I'm glad this caffeine myth is busted. People were giving a hard time to Green Tea for having caffeine...but now? Hohoho!!!! Time for some warm Green Tea latte.

I'm sucha hog...happy

Deja~vu
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm glad this caffeine myth is busted. People were giving a hard time to Green Tea for having caffeine...but now? Hohoho!!!! Time for some warm Green Tea latte.

I'm sucha hog...happy I like my lattes..but still don't get it cause caffeine is a diuretic. confused

Rogue Jedi
Caffeine is our friend yes

Deja~vu
Yeah, but still a diuretic....How can that change....

*Confused*

ragesRemorse
Eating before bed is still bad, to much caffeine is still bad, products with high fructose corn syrup are still unhealthy and foods high in fat are still bad. What exactly do these people believe they discovered?

dadudemon
Fail. Who the hell is this doctor? Bodybuilders have known for ages that Fructose is stored as fat much faster than just about any other food source. Once your liver is stocked up with all the fructose it needs, guess where the rest goes rather fast?

LOL, and I'm not even a doctor.

*googles searches for something more credible than himself*

LOL, right here...

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2008/07/25/Fructose_turns_into_body_fat_quickly/UPI-29071216965545/

Yes there is. There was a study or two done that showed the metabolism increased slightly when more water was consumed for long periods of time.

http://walking.about.com/cs/howtoloseweight/a/water011204.htm

Of course, don't drink too much water. I'd say no more than a gallon for a normal person and two gallons for an athlete with muscle. No more than that or you'll get headaches, nausea, or, worst case scenario, death via hyponatremia. (Caused by hyperhydration, lol.)

What a load of B.S. I've even been exposed to this faulty line of thinking in MEDICAL BOOKS in COLLEGE courses. They say that the body can't handle more than 30 grams of protein at a time and list all sorts of absurd conservative protein amounts. For a 200lb muscular athlete, it would be 50-60 grams post workout with maybe 60 or 70 grams of carbs. If you are an athlete but not trying to put on muscle, probably closer to 40 grams with 50 grams of carbs. Within one hour, post workout nutrition is one of the if not the most important times to get proper post workout nutrition, with a nice post workout protein and carb profile. I'd say just the average joe looing to lose weight and look nice, the 40/50 item I suggested fits rather nice. Usually, females should consume less....25/40.

Remember, we evolved off of a diet that contained about 70-85% meat. The body works really nice if we bump up our protein and fat intake and decrease our carb intake. Body builders have known about this for ages...

I don' feel like looking up several studies to back up what I'm saying. Just take my word for it or look it up if you want.

Okay, I've noticed that the writer is not a doctor, dietitian, or nutritionist.

edit-The other points were good points and accurate. Nice read.

Symmetric Chaos
Caffeine helps you if you have gout? Gout? Is that really still an issue?

Originally posted by dadudemon

She's summarizing the work of two dietitians.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by dadudemon
Fail. Who the hell is this doctor? Bodybuilders have known for ages that Fructose is stored as fat much faster than just about any other food source. Once your liver is stocked up with all the fructose it needs, guess where the rest goes rather fast?

LOL, and I'm not even a doctor.

*googles searches for something more credible than himself*

LOL, right here...

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2008/07/25/Fructose_turns_into_body_fat_quickly/UPI-29071216965545/

Yes there is. There was a study or two done that showed the metabolism increased slightly when more water was consumed for long periods of time.

http://walking.about.com/cs/howtoloseweight/a/water011204.htm

Of course, don't drink too much water. I'd say no more than a gallon for a normal person and two gallons for an athlete with muscle. No more than that or you'll get headaches, nausea, or, worst case scenario, death via hyponatremia. (Caused by hyperhydration, lol.)

What a load of B.S. I've even been exposed to this faulty line of thinking in MEDICAL BOOKS in COLLEGE courses. They say that the body can't handle more than 30 grams of protein at a time and list all sorts of absurd conservative protein amounts. For a 200lb muscular athlete, it would be 50-60 grams post workout with maybe 60 or 70 grams of carbs. If you are an athlete but not trying to put on muscle, probably closer to 40 grams with 50 grams of carbs. Within one hour, post workout nutrition is one of the if not the most important times to get proper post workout nutrition, with a nice post workout protein and carb profile. I'd say just the average joe looing to lose weight and look nice, the 40/50 item I suggested fits rather nice. Usually, females should consume less....25/40.

Remember, we evolved off of a diet that contained about 70-85% meat. The body works really nice if we bump up our protein and fat intake and decrease our carb intake. Body builders have known about this for ages...

I don' feel like looking up several studies to back up what I'm saying. Just take my word for it or look it up if you want.

edit-The other points were good points and accurate. Nice read.

Party Pooper!

dadudemon
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Party Pooper!

Hey, the items you liked are still true. You can still have a party!

I've got the candy. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.