Quarantine vs. Cloverfield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NonSensi-Klown
This is strictly int terms of which movie did you enjoy more, and/or which movie do you think was better made?

ragesRemorse
Cloverfield, by far. Quarantine was a typical horror movie for me. Another clone off the assembly line that wanted, so badly, to be different. Cloverfield wasn't anything original either but it wasn't supposed to be anything more than a monster movie and i think it did that quite well. Personally, I've already forgotten most of Quarantine and i saw it a few weeks ago. Cloverfield is still very vivid in my mind and i saw it months ago.

NonSensi-Klown
I agree, actually.

Quarentine imo started off "okay", but by the end it started dropping logic.

It took the old lady who was infected like half an hour to start attacking people, yet by the end of the movie, people who were bitten started attacking people five minutes later.

Dark-Jaxx
Cloverfield by a substantial amount IMO.

Also, one thing I would like to point out is that if a 5 year old girl can overpower and bite you, you deserve to die. no expression

BackFire
Cloverfield was infinitely better.

Quarantine was pretty unremarkable, really. Felt like someone just took a camera into a cheesy haunted house/maze at an amusement park at times.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
This is strictly int terms of which movie did you enjoy more, and/or which movie do you think was better made?

Both are good movies. Personally...I enjoy Quarantine more than Cloverfield.

The thing with Quarantine is that it has a very essence of reality. Who knows? When there are outbreaks the government comes in locks you inside your home and you if seek help they'll stop you or even worse shoot you on the spot. Also just to make things clears Quarantine is a remake of a Spanish film Which I still need to see...

Cloverfield was a big dumb confuse monster and it seem to me the monster was stalking the group through the movie. Then there is the love story which was done nicely.

Overall both films have their flaws..but still good films. This should be the future of film making. People using camcorders and recording stuff.

MildPossession
Quarantine is indeed a remake of the far superior , I'm going by the original film over Cloverfield. comes out on top for me, Cloverfield is incredibly overrated to me, still enjoyed parts though.

No it shouldn't, I'm quite sick of films doing it now because it causes motion sickness for me and it's not enjoyable to sit through a full film feeling like that. I'd rather have film makers using invented camera techniques/shots and so on than someone just swinging a 'home' camera around.

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.