Obama's Television Appearance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
If you haven't seen it already...

GtREqAmLsoA

As a Canadian, you can take my opinion however way you wish, but I believe that Obama will make one of the best presidents that the United States has seen in a very long time. I support him 100%. I believe my opinion does hold some value, as personally, the President plays more a role on how I live in Canada then Stephen Harper. I believe that this television special he put together will help him quite a lot.

Vote Obama '08.

http://bradley.chattablogs.com/715px-Obama_08.svg.png

vincent

NonSensi-Klown
I voted Mcclaine.

Vinny Valentine
John McClain Supports your vote.

http://www.familyoldphotos.com/oh2/images/six/john-r-mcclain.jpg

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I believe my opinion does hold some value, as personally, the President plays more a role on how I live in Canada then Stephen Harper.

Then you believe wrong.

No doubt our relationship with the United States, and of course its president, has a profound affect on many policies made in our parliament as well as our day to day lives. But to believe that any outside influence has a greater value than your own political system and those involved is both irresponsible and incorrect.

Of course, to prove me wrong, please explain how the president of the United States plays a more personal role in your life.

MIŠT
Not long until Obama is president.

lord xyz
Obama has his priorities right, there's no doubt about that.

He sounds like he will make America better, and I believe he will; it's very convincing.

I wouldn't've voted for him because I thought he was being too vague in his speeches and he was going to win anyway, but now I think I should vote for him, just to say I did.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Then you believe wrong.

No doubt our relationship with the United States, and of course its president, has a profound affect on many policies made in our parliament as well as our day to day lives. But to believe that any outside influence has a greater value than your own political system and those involved is both irresponsible and incorrect.

Of course, to prove me wrong, please explain how the president of the United States plays a more personal role in your life.

Irresponsible and incorrect? The Canadian political system is flawed and more of a joke then anything else. As I said, the United States President holds all the power, and in the end makes the decisions that will effect my future in the long run; this including wars, and economic issues. Prime Minister does make choices for Canada, but not nearly as big as effects that will wash onto us from America. As stated, the Canadian Political system is a joke.

KharmaDog
The Canadian political system is flawed and more of a joke then anything else.

Site examples please.

As I said, the United States President holds all the power, and in the end makes the decisions that will effect my future in the long run; this including wars, and economic issues.

Site examples please.

Prime Minister does make choices for Canada, but not nearly as big as effects that will wash onto us from America.

Site examples please.

Vinny Valentine
Site examples please.

Site examples please.

Site examples please.

The fact that there can be an election called, and three weeks later everyone in Canada must vote for a new leader is ridiculous.

Our economy is very closly tied to America's. When they fall, so do we. Also, they are are strongest ally, and happen to be our safe-wall if we went into war, which if the United States do go into a massive war, being part of NATO, we're pulled in. Which also brings up the pathetic funding we have for our own defenses.

Back to Economy and War, with these just being two of many examples.

(Might not reply for a bit, heading out soon)

FistOfThe North
Obama's television appearance was a half hour, hu? That's long. That's probably the longest prez candidate commercial pitch ever.

Hm. Looks like Obama has more (leftover) campaign money than campaign air time he can buy. Which is why the commercial so long. And with election day just up the street he makes this commercial, spending as much as he can, well, cause he can, as a last ditch effort cause, well, there's no time left.

After all, there isn't even a shoe in yet. Anyone of the 2 can take it home. That's why punches like these are being pulled.

dadudemon
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Obama's television appearance was a half hour, hu? That's long. That's probably the longest prez candidate commercial pitch ever.

Hm. Looks like Obama has more (leftover) campaign money than campaign air time he can buy. Which is why the commercial so long. And with election day just up the street he makes this commercial, spending as much as he can, well, cause he can, as a last ditch effort cause, well, there's no time left.

After all, there isn't even a shoe in yet. Anyone of the 2 can take it home. That's why punches like these are being pulled.

No. The pre-election polls are not very accurate, up to a point. Obama is up to or past that point, now. I really don't see how McCain can be maverick enough to win more voters. It's because Obama gave too many votesr hope for change. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Record numbers of pre election voters have already voted. Aren't the dems voting in absurd numbers in the pre-election votes? If that's any indication of what will go down on election day, McCain will lose the election by even more than estimated.

KharmaDog
The fact that there can be an election called, and three weeks later everyone in Canada must vote for a new leader is ridiculous.

How would you prefer that we elect a leader?

Our economy is very closly tied to America's. When they fall, so do we.

How is that any reflection of our political system. You are also aware that, currently, the economic situation in the states is much worse than noreth of the border? Are you aware of that?

Also, they are are strongest ally, and happen to be our safe-wall if we went into war, which if the United States do go into a massive war, being part of NATO, we're pulled in.

Got news for you, I doubt Canada is going to start a war with anyone soon. So you're o.k. there.

As for always having to follow the U.S. to war. We're not in Iraq. Ask yourself why is that?

You seem to have a simplistic view of politics and how your country is run in general. No doubt, american politics seems more exciting, but I would not say that they have a better system, just a different one.

Which also brings up the pathetic funding we have for our own defenses.

While I agree that we massively undercut our military buget it's a case of necessity. I do wish we offered our servicemen/women better equiptment. Our forces do amazing with the little that they have and for that I am quite proud of them.

Back to Economy and War, with these just being two of many examples.

These are not examples of how the american gov't has a far greater direct affect on you than the gov't of the country in which you live.

dadudemon
You seem to have a simplistic view of politics and how your country is run in general. No doubt, american politics seems more exciting, but I would not say that they have a better system, just a different one.

laughing laughing laughing

How utterly a**holish of you. Could you be a little more condescending, please.

laughing

And, no, I'm not making fun of you. I literally found that funny. Did you keep a straight face while typing that?

He does have a point, but I'm not sure your point is completely contradictory. The U.S. plays a ridiculously major role in Canada's (And somewhat vice versa)affairs simply because of our close relations in politics, economy, military, etc. etc. etc. I would say more so for Canada than any other country. Would you agree?

If Canada was ever in a dire situation, I'm fairly sure we would be there in a heart beat.. even faster than U.S. military supplies for Israel. (lol, my political joke isn't nearly as cheeky as yours, though. )

KharmaDog
Originally posted by dadudemon
How utterly a**holish of you. Could you be a little more condescending, please.

I could...without much effort either.

And, no, I'm not making fun of you. I literally found that funny. Did you keep a straight face while typing that?

I must admit, I amuse myself, but that didn't conjure up a smile so much as a minor "harumph".

He does have a point, but I'm not sure your point is completely contradictory. The U.S. plays a ridiculously major role in Canada's (And somewhat vice versa)affairs simply because of our close relations in politics, economy, military, etc. etc. etc. I would say more so for Canada than any other country. Would you agree?

No doubt the relationship between our two countries is quite tight, and perhaps one of the best between any two countries in the world. Also to deny your influence is ridiculous. Just the mere size of your country's population indesputably makes your influence greater than ours to you.

But that by no means relates to your country having a greater influence over my personal life than that of my own country and government.

If Canada was ever in a dire situation, I'm fairly sure we would be there in a heart beat.. even faster than U.S. military supplies for Israel. (lol, my political joke isn't nearly as cheeky as yours, though. )

I would no doubt that you would come to our defense, and that is not underappreciated.

Devil King
The fact that there can be an election called, and three weeks later everyone in Canada must vote for a new leader.

Trust me, you don't want our system, either. This election has been going on for 2 years. Personally, I don't think it can end soon enough.

FistOfThe North
No. The pre-election polls are not very accurate, up to a point. Obama is up to or past that point, now. I really don't see how McCain can be maverick enough to win more voters. It's because Obama gave too many votesr hope for change. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Record numbers of pre election voters have already voted. Aren't the dems voting in absurd numbers in the pre-election votes? If that's any indication of what will go down on election day, McCain will lose the election by even more than estimated.

Don't underestimate McCain and don't be too hopefull of Obama. And vise versa. I still don't know who gonna win cause it's still too close regardless of what most polls say. It's a coin toss as of now.

And if what your saying is truly happening, meaning dems voting in absurd numbers in the pre-election votes, ok but what if there's a last ditch stampede effort and a run of the bulls on E. day by reps.? That means that there'd exist the possibility of an upset. Which can easily happen.

So,.. it ain't over till it's over.

Darth Martin
Like the fact that he didn't one time mention McCain's name. Also the fact that he showed multiple pics of his WHITE mother. People seem to overlook this.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Don't underestimate McCain and don't be too hopefull of Obama. And vise versa. I still don't know who gonna win cause it's still too close regardless of what most polls say. It's a coin toss as of now.

I agree. You never really know what's gonna happen in a presidential race.

dadudemon
I could...without much effort either.

I must admit, I amuse myself, but that didn't conjure up a smile so much as a minor "harumph"..

I assume that's from years drinking piss and vinegar, no doubt. I am quite sure that you use pickle juice as a chaser.

No doubt the relationship between our two countries is quite tight, and perhaps one of the best between any two countries in the world.

Amen, brother. big grin

Also to deny your influence is ridiculous. Just the mere size of your country's population indesputably makes your influence greater than ours to you.

But that by no means relates to your country having a greater influence over my personal life than that of my own country and government.

I would no doubt that you would come to our defense, and that is not underappreciated.

Yup. I figured that you weren't saying we weren't a major influence. I agree that your politicians, and incumbant administration polices have more of an influence on your own citizens than the U.S. political system...but there's not doubt that the U.S.'s political decisions do have significant affect on you fellas.

ragesRemorse
I'd rather watch QVC for half an hour than a politician spewing bullshit. I think Obama should have used the money it took to buy a 30 minute spot to, instead, buy every american a coke. That, i would have appreciated.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I'd rather watch QVC for half an hour than a politician spewing bullshit. I think Obama should have used the money it took to buy a 30 minute spot to, instead, buy every american a coke. That, i would have appreciated.

Amen, brother.

Or use that millions to help redistribute some wealth to the "victims" of the sub-prime loan era.

ZOMG! I win teh politicz!

Ahsoka Tano
He looked really black.

Devil King
I enjoyed it. I thought it was a pretty good move. The whole right is saying he's a black, muslim, terrorist they don't know. This move should have removed all questions. They might not vote for him, but at least they can no longer say that they don't know what he's talking about or who he is.

Bicnarok
whoever wins, the people loose

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Like the fact that he didn't one time mention McCain's name. Also the fact that he showed multiple pics of his WHITE mother. People seem to overlook this.

Yeah, he should have shown people his black mother instead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.