Exxon Mobil: Biggest profit in U.S. history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Largest U.S. oil company surges past analyst estimates to post net income of $14.83 billion.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/30/news/companies/exxon_earnings/index.htm?cnn=yes

Well isn't that an unsurprising kick in the sac?

lord xyz
It needs a tax cut, as that will create jobs and pay for the poor.

Bardock42
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Largest U.S. oil company surges past analyst estimates to post net income of $14.83 billion.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/30/news/companies/exxon_earnings/index.htm?cnn=yes

Well isn't that an unsurprising kick in the sac? Originally posted by lord xyz
It needs a tax cut, as that will create jobs and pay for the poor.

What is the problem again?

dadudemon
I'm perfectly fine with record profits...as long as it doesn't harm me or my peeps.

It helps, not hurts, for U.S. companies to do very well.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by dadudemon
It helps, not hurts, for U.S. companies to do very well.

I agree with that statement. But I find it somewhat ironic that in a oil-based economy which is currently doing poorly, the oil companies are sitting pretty good.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.
Maybe I've drunken too much cough syrup again.

No worries, back to work on monday, then I'll be out of all yer hair.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardock42
What is the problem again? With cutting taxes for big companies?

Quite a lot really.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
With cutting taxes for big companies?

Quite a lot really. I thought you are totally against a monetary system? Why do you want to steal it from companies?

lord xyz
I thought you are totally against a monetary system? Why do you want to steal it from companies? I'm against the monetary system, however, giving it the poor and away from corporations would be a step in the right direction.

I understand it's stealing, which is wrong, however, corporations essentailly steal the money anyway through manipulation and debt etc.

Bardock42
I'm against the monetary system, however, giving it the poor and away from corporations would be a step in the right direction.

I understand it's stealing, which is wrong, however, corporations essentailly steal the money anyway through manipulation and debt etc.

That's an unfair estimation of what corporations do, don't you think?

Robtard
What is the problem again?

Part of the reason why they broke even their already high expectation was because they (and others) sodomized us at the pump with ever increasing fuel prices.

There's nothing wrong with a profit, but gouging is a slim-ball tactic.

Doom and Gloom
I'm against the monetary system, however, giving it the poor and away from corporations would be a step in the right direction.

You're right. Lets elect Obama and "spread the wealth around". I'll shut down my business and sit on my ass while someone else does all the work. Then Obama can confiscate their money and give me a percentage.

On topic: cheap oil is not a right. Cheap oil discourages the push for alternative fuel sources which we desperately need. If you have such a problem with oil companies making money then quit using oil.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Part of the reason why they broke even their already high expectation was because they (and others) sodomized us at the pump with ever increasing fuel prices.

There's nothing wrong with a profit, but gouging is a slim-ball tactic. Well, how much is Oil worth in your opinion and how should it be determined?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
You're right. Lets elect Obama and "spread the wealth around". I'll shut down my business and sit on my ass while someone else does all the work. Then Obama can confiscate their money and give me a percentage.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly his point.

If you have such a problem with oil companies making money then quit using oil.

Damn! Why didn't I think about that! The answer is just so simple!
blink

lord xyz
That's an unfair estimation of what corporations do, don't you think? I don't think it's unfair.

Exxon for example is making lots of profit...yet oil prices are sky rocketing. Sounds pretty corrupt to me.

lord xyz
Well, how much is Oil worth in your opinion and how should it be determined? Ooh, ooh. Ask me!

lord xyz

On topic: cheap oil is not a right. Cheap oil discourages the push for alternative fuel sources which we desperately need. If you have such a problem with oil companies making money then quit using oil. Obama said he is for small businesses, possibly after the whole Joe the Plumber thing.

Believe me, I won't.

Edit: Sorry for the triple post guys.

Bardock42
I don't think it's unfair.

Exxon for example is making lots of profit...yet oil prices are sky rocketing. Sounds pretty corrupt to me.

Why? It makes sense, really.

inimalist
I don't think it's unfair.

indeed

due to the food crisis in many parts of the world, major food companies are now seeing windfall profits.

However, in any free economic system, whoever owns a particular commodity gets to set the price.

Gas prices have come down dramatically, yet I would still not be surprised if the price of gas were still artificially inflated as it was a few months ago.

it sucks that oil companies have us by the balls, it sucks that their profit margins are so high and the impact is so negative on people, it sucks that the price of oil is in no way related to local supply or real economic factors. I don't think corporations steal anything, oil companies just happened to pick a highly lucrative product.

EDIT: Oil prices are no longer skyrocketing.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by inimalist
it sucks that oil companies have us by the balls, it sucks that their profit margins are so high and the impact is so negative on people, it sucks that the price of oil is in no way related to local supply or real economic factors. I don't think corporations steal anything, oil companies just happened to pick a highly lucrative product.

No problem. Have no fear. Just follow these sage words of advice:

If you have such a problem with oil companies making money then quit using oil.

lord xyz
Why? It makes sense, really. Of course it does.

You fail to see how that puts regular people in poverty, and fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Bardock42
Of course it does.

You fail to see how that puts regular people in poverty, and fail to see how that's a bad thing. So, what do you propose?

chithappens
indeed

due to the food crisis in many parts of the world, major food companies are now seeing windfall profits.

However, in any free economic system, whoever owns a particular commodity gets to set the price.

Gas prices have come down dramatically, yet I would still not be surprised if the price of gas were still artificially inflated as it was a few months ago.

Oil prices drop over 30 % in about 17 days. I call bullshit.

inimalist
No problem. Have no fear. Just follow these sage words of advice:

man, we need more realistic solutions like that one.

its beauty is its simplicity

KharmaDog
Originally posted by chithappens

Yet their still making a shitload of money.

inimalist
Originally posted by chithappens

which is what makes me wonder if they are still inflated

hey, when I see gas for under $1 a litre, all I can say is, God bless the troops.

I think 100 000 Arab deaths = 7 cents less at the pump

KharmaDog
man, we need more realistic solutions like that one.

its beauty is its simplicity

laughing out loud

I like the cut of your jib inimalist.

Robtard
Well, how much is Oil worth in your opinion and how should it be determined?

That's a tricky point, the oil companies have spend a considerable amount of resoruces getting their lobbyist to keep American's dependant on gas, so that should be factored in when they're selling us a product, they themselves made sure we'd depend on.

chithappens
which is what makes me wonder if they are still inflated

hey, when I see gas for under $1 a litre, all I can say is, God bless the troops.

I think 100 000 Arab deaths = 7 cents less at the pump

Of course it's inflated. I mentioned on the board a while back how I researched how they determine price of gas. It's basically all bullshit so that they can just make up whatever they want.

Bardock42
Yet their still making a shitload of money. But that's the point. They wouldn't sell oil anymore if they wouldn't make a profit, now would they?

dadudemon
I heard/read that if we got most of our electricity from massive solar farms, trillions of dollars would be lost, annually, in energy money. Makes sense. Basically, energy, for free. (After you pay for the solar panels.)

They've finally created an 80%+ efficient solar collector; they just can't figure out how to collect the freed electrons to make it practical.

Imagine making intelligent use of those panels on large buildings in large cities. Nice surface area to collect sunlight during the day.

KharmaDog
Imagine making intelligent use of those panels on large buildings in large cities. Nice surface area to collect sunlight during the day.

I remember thinking about that years ago while driving in Downtown Toronto.

Maybe one day.

inimalist
laughing out loud

I like the cut of your jib inimalist.

I don't cut my jib with anything, thank you very much

lord xyz
So, what do you propose? Convince people how wrong this system is.

The top 10% own 80% of the world's wealth, wheras 1/3 of the world struggles to get any wealth.

It's not hard to see how bad the world is, and people like you are just too selfish and arrogant to do anything about that. Proclaiming that's the way it is.

If I ever have the power to change the world, I would first give the abundance of my money to those starving. That gesture alone will encourage others.

BackFire
They clearly need a tax break.

Bardock42
Convince people how wrong this system is.

The top 10% own 80% of the world's wealth, wheras 1/3 of the world struggles to get any wealth.

It's not hard to see how bad the world is, and people like you are just too selfish and arrogant to do anything about that. Proclaiming that's the way it is.

If I ever have the power to change the world, I would first give the abundance of my money to those starving. That gesture alone will encourage others. If you ever had the power to change the world I'd choose suicide over living in it.

And those owning the wealth are usually the ones providing valuable services to society, that you and idiots like you just take for granted. They don't have that wealth by sitting on their asses doing nothing, you know?

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
They clearly need a tax break.

Please, lets not use euphemisms here. What you mean is, they clearly need less of their money stolen by armed robbers and thugs.

BackFire
No. That's not what I mean.

Leave it to the German to have something simple go over his head.

Bardock42
No. That's not what I mean.

Leave it to the German to have something simple go over his head. You do though. Go rape PVS or something.

BackFire
Only if you help.

Bardock42
Only if you help. I can't. He'd consent if I got involved, which would shoot our whole rape plan up the pooper (metaphorical, not PVS').

lord xyz
If you ever had the power to change the world I'd choose suicide over living in it.

And those owning the wealth are usually the ones providing valuable services to society, NO! Absolutely NOT!

The reason they have the money is because of the scarcity of what they're producing. That's why Exxon is making these profits. Because of the real or assumed scarcity of the oil. Money is produced out of scarcity, and you need to realise that.

that you and idiots like you just take for granted. They don't have that wealth by sitting on their asses doing nothing, you know? I do know. I know people work for money, but that's because we're told we need money to survive and earn respect, which is nothing but an illusion and a lie. If there was no money, we wouldn't need it.

BackFire
Why not metaphorical and PVS?

Bardock42
NO! Absolutely NOT!

The reason they have the money is because of the scarcity of what they're producing. That's why Exxon is making these profits. Because of the real or assumed scarcity of the oil. Money is produced out of scarcity, and you need to realise that.

Why'd I deny that? It's very basic. Supply and Demand. You really just stumbled upon this within the last weeks? no expression

I do know. I know people work for money, but that's because we're told we need money to survive and earn respect, which is nothing but an illusion and a lie. If there was no money, we wouldn't need it.

I don't know. I think it's more because in this society we actually need money to lead a luxurios life. I don't deny that other ways might be possible (not the Venus one of course, that would just cause most people to die and the rest to live in huts made of shit, but in general)

lord xyz
Why'd I deny that? It's very basic. Supply and Demand. You really just stumbled upon this within the last weeks? no expression How the **** can you be okay with a system that produces scarcity?

You do know what it means, don't you?

I don't know. I think it's more because in this society we actually need money to lead a luxurios life. I don't deny that other ways might be possible (not the Venus one of course, that would just cause most people to die and the rest to live in huts made of shit, but in general) Where did you get huts made of shit?

The houses it proposes are houses that are resistant to earthquakes and hurricanes etc. ...and this isn't what they imagined like I assume you'd say. This material actually exists.

Bardock42
How the **** can you be okay with a system that produces scarcity?

You do know what it means, don't you?

Where did you get huts made of shit?

The houses it proposes are houses that are resistant to earthquakes and hurricanes etc. ...and this isn't what they imagined like I assume you'd say. This material actually exists. It doesn't necessarily produce scarcity. Scarcity is in many cases a fact of life, which no one can change. And, something that you don't consider is that, the monetary system creates abundance in work force. Which is extremely essential in sustaining a society. It's one of the major problems that communism has and it is the problem that the Venus project has (the one you avoided in your debate with inimalist, remember?). I can think of two ways how to take care of that problem, by force (as communism tried in the "communist" governments we know) or by incentives (i.e. success through money)...and frankly, I prefer the system we have. Which is not to say that certain social programs aren't very valuable to society as a whole-.

And huts of shit I got from the fact that NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE THE ****ING SUPERHOUSES.

inimalist
technically, there is no way to eliminate scarcity on any resource

lord xyz
It doesn't necessarily produce scarcity. Scarcity is in many cases a fact of life, which no one can change. BULLSHIT!

We have enough resources now to have abundant energy. Solar, wind, tidal, geothermal, wave. Yet, you would rather believe the lie so you get the money you don't even need.

We have an abundance of food, eduction, housing. However, the system is based on self interest and scarcity. That's why poverty has gone up in the last 50 years.

And, something that you don't consider is that, the monetary system creates abundance in work force. Then why is unemployment rising? Why are there thousands struggling to get jobs? It's obviously not an abundance.

...and you say this as if work is a good thing. That people love working and working is good. I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if you were one of those people in the pits.

Which is extremely essential in sustaining a society. It's one of the major problems that communism has and it is the problem that the Venus project has (the one you avoided in your debate with inimalist, remember?). I don't remember. Please point it out.

I can think of two ways how to take care of that problem, by force (as communism tried in the "communist" governments we know) or by incentives (i.e. success through money)...and frankly, I prefer the system we have. Which is not to say that certain social programs aren't very valuable to society as a whole-. If everyone got the resources they need, and people were in a society where everything was given to them, new incentives would arise. It's unfair to say there will be no incentive since this hasn't been tried. Of course the burdan is on me, but I don't know. You'd be better off searching Jacque Fresco if you want to know about the venus project.

And huts of shit I got from the fact that NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE THE ****ING SUPERHOUSES. You don't know that.

technically, there is no way to eliminate scarcity on any resource Is air scarce?

inimalist
Is air scarce?

lol

yes

lord xyz
lol

yes What?

inimalist
What?

I assume by "air" you mean oxygen, for breathing, and not "air" for pnumatics or something like that.

at any given time there is a finite amount of breathable air on Earth.

Bardock42
Jesus, your latest fad you blindly believe is quite annoying.

BULLSHIT!

We have enough resources now to have abundant energy. Solar, wind, tidal, geothermal, wave. Yet, you would rather believe the lie so you get the money you don't even need.

So, if that's so true, what stops you from using this power (and as long as we are in this system even make a shitload of money off of it?)

We have an abundance of food, eduction, housing. However, the system is based on self interest and scarcity. That's why poverty has gone up in the last 50 years.

Inimalist covered that it is more a problem of infra-structure. It's not really the lack of money, as, for example, there is plenty of aid for Africa, the problem is that the distribution is ****ed in Africa.

Then why is unemployment rising? Why are there thousands struggling to get jobs? It's obviously not an abundance.

You didn't understand. I didn't say there's an abundance of work. I said there is an abundance of work force to achieve things.

...and you say this as if work is a good thing. That people love working and working is good. I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if you were one of those people in the pits.

I don't. I say this with a believe that living in nice houses, while eating nice food and being clothed in nice clothes is a good thing. I also say that people working is, at the moment, the only thing achieving those. If everyone stopped working people that were in the pits wouldn't suddenly live like Paul McCartney or Bill Gates. They'd still live shitty (shittier even), just that everyone else would, too.

I don't remember. Please point it out.

I quoted it in your cult thread. It's my last post in there, I believe. I said something along the lines of "This point is the major flaw with your utopian cult".

If everyone got the resources they need, and people were in a society where everything was given to them, new incentives would arise. It's unfair to say there will be no incentive since this hasn't been tried. Of course the burdan is on me, but I don't know. You'd be better off searching Jacque Fresco if you want to know about the venus project.

Where would they come from? You are proposing something. Provide proof. You are no better than those Christian Evolution haters, whose only argument is "God did it". Yours is..."the Venus project would do it". Even worse, why should I research your bogus latest cult?

You don't know that.

No. I don't. But the risk is a bit big, innit?

dadudemon
lord.....save us from the shit huts.

Mr. Bacon
kick in the sack, yes, surprise, no.

lord xyz
I assume by "air" you mean oxygen, for breathing, and not "air" for pnumatics or something like that.

at any given time there is a finite amount of breathable air on Earth. I'm sorry, but I haven't seen a case where someone died from a loss of oxygen (in natural circumstances). I urge you to give me one, but no. Just haven't seen it.

Jesus, your latest fad you blindly believe is quite annoying. Unnecessary, but okay.

So, if that's so true, what stops you from using this power (and as long as we are in this system even make a shitload of money off of it?) ..................................It isn't scarce.

Inimalist covered that it is more a problem of infra-structure. It's not really the lack of money, as, for example, there is plenty of aid for Africa, the problem is that the distribution is ****ed in Africa. And how many people are solving this?

You didn't understand. I didn't say there's an abundance of work. I said there is an abundance of work force to achieve things. That would be true with or without money.

I don't. I say this with a believe that living in nice houses, while eating nice food and being clothed in nice clothes is a good thing. I also say that people working is, at the moment, the only thing achieving those. If everyone stopped working people that were in the pits wouldn't suddenly live like Paul McCartney or Bill Gates. They'd still live shitty (shittier even), just that everyone else would, too. The idea that the venus project proposes is looking after the entire community...and the world is the community. So shit living wouldn't happen.

I quoted it in your cult thread. It's my last post in there, I believe. I said something along the lines of "This point is the major flaw with your utopian cult". I'm flattered that you think this is utopia, but it isn't. Society keeps changing, so utopia can never exist.

Anyway, I want you to provide a link.

Where would they come from? You are proposing something. Provide proof. You are no better than those Christian Evolution haters, whose only argument is "God did it". Yours is..."the Venus project would do it". Even worse, why should I research your bogus latest cult? Well, if you research it, you'd get a better view on it.

Or do you not care, are you just trying to make me look a fool as if it's important in your life?

dadudemon
Or do you not care, are you just trying to make me look a fool as if it's important in your life?

You didn't know that winning the internetz is the most important thing on the whole planet?

Bardock42

..................................It isn't scarce.

Again, why don't you or anyone else create those amazing alternative energies that will solve our dependency on oil forever, if the technology is just there for grabs?

And how many people are solving this?

Dunno, a million? It's really mostly Africa itself that should deal with their problems, frankly.

That would be true with or without money.

No. There would be no reason for people to work, so you'd have to deal with a significant cut in work force. Which would lead to strongly decreased luxury in living.

The idea that the venus project proposes is looking after the entire community...and the world is the community. So shit living wouldn't happen.

Would they force people to work and assign them what to work? And who would lead the Venus project and assign people to their work?

I'm flattered that you think this is utopia, but it isn't. Society keeps changing, so utopia can never exist.

I didn't say it is an Utopia in my opinion. It is an utopian idea though. Someone's Utopia can be the other man's Dys-. For example, the namesake of the whole idea, I personally find quite horriffic.

Anyway, I want you to provide a link.

N-no? Go **** yourself?

Well, if you research it, you'd get a better view on it.

Doubt it. If I researched it any more I'd probably just find it even more idiotic. And your constant preaching does certainly nothing to improve my view of the whole nonsense.

You make yourself look a fool. I just point it out for your sake and my entertainment. I know you are extremely impressionable and I wouldn't mind if, ultimately, when you grow up and set on one opinion it would be closer resembling mine than the communist nonsense you lately picked up. Selfish reason, but the more libertarians the better, really.

lord xyz
Again, why don't you or anyone else create those amazing alternative energies that will solve our dependency on oil forever, if the technology is just there for grabs? Well, I'm 16, and I'm not technologically advanced. So yeah, that is a problem. Thanks for telling me what I already knew.

Dunno, a million? It's really mostly Africa itself that should deal with their problems, frankly. Why must you constantly ignore the fact that the better the world is, the better your life is?

No. There would be no reason for people to work, so you'd have to deal with a significant cut in work force. Which would lead to strongly decreased luxury in living.False.

I've already proven that money isn't the reason people work. When you're a child you don't understand money, and you have all these dreams of doing something. That's why we go to college too. To study something we already have interest in. You fail to realise this, as you've been spoon fed this whole idea that we need money.

Would they force people to work and assign them what to work? And who would lead the Venus project and assign people to their work?I wouldn't need to.

I didn't say it is an Utopia in my opinion. It is an utopian idea though. Someone's Utopia can be the other man's Dys-. For example, the namesake of the whole idea, I personally find quite horriffic.So who's opinion was it?

Doubt it. If I researched it any more I'd probably just find it even more idiotic. And your constant preaching does certainly nothing to improve my view of the whole nonsense. Probably because you're too arrogant and ignorant.

"Oh lord, how can I live without my precious money? I wanna own a big business when I'm older so I can have the biggest cock in society." That's pretty much what I get from you.

You make yourself look a fool. I just point it out for your sake and my entertainment. I know you are extremely impressionable and I wouldn't mind if, ultimately, when you grow up and set on one opinion it would be closer resembling mine than the communist nonsense you lately picked up. Selfish reason, but the more libertarians the better, really. If I were you, I'd seek medical help. Just one look at myself would depress me.

Bardock42
Well, I'm 16, and I'm not technologically advanced. So yeah, that is a problem. Thanks for telling me what I already knew.

Dodged what I asked.

Why must you constantly ignore the fact that the better the world is, the better your life is?

False accusation. I question your ideal world being better. Not my life being better if the world was.

False.

I've already proven that money isn't the reason people work. When you're a child you don't understand money, and you have all these dreams of doing something. That's why we go to college too. To study something we already have interest in. You fail to realise this, as you've been spoon fed this whole idea that we need money.

You have proven no such thing. And still. Who ever dreamt of working in coal mines. Of driving a Bus all day. Of picking up the trash of other people. Of working in a factory repeating the same action over and over again. Of sitting in a crate, doing boring, long infrastructual work? Those are jobs that still need to be done. That hardly anyone wants to, that people only do because they have to. Why would they do it in your system? Why would they pick up shit from the streets? Would you?

I wouldn't need to.

Y-yeah you would? How would you get anything done? How would the dream houses you talk about be manufactured? How would cars be created? How would the pipes under the streets be maintained? How would the streets for that matter be maintained? How would our old folks be supported? Do you just hope that there would be enough people willing to do that? Would you? Would you wipe the ass of old people in a retirement home for all your life?

So who's opinion was it?

Y-yours, you ****. You find the society you propose ideal, I find it idiotic.

Probably because you're too arrogant and ignorant.

Or cause I don't buy into every shit I see in an Internet video. Come on, dude, think for yourself.

"Oh lord, how can I live without my precious money? I wanna own a big business when I'm older so I can have the biggest cock in society." That's pretty much what I get from you.

Totally disregards what I, and others, have said to you. Idiotic that you'd think that's what I have been saying as well. You need to just ****ing think for a second and realize that you have been a mindless drone and need to look at things more logically.

If I were you, I'd seek medical help. Just one look at myself would depress me.

No. That would be if you were me, but still thought like you. If you were me actually you'd realize that what I've been saying made ****ing sense and what an uninformed, juvenile and arrogant kid you've been.

Deja~vu
Off the topic but.........Hey Bardock am I on your ignore list yet???? laughing out loud

lord xyz
Dodged what I asked.No, I really didn't.

False accusation. I question your ideal world being better. Not my life being better if the world was.Again, you fail to miss the point. You've been doing this a lot.

I didn't mean you personally. If the world is better, your life, as well as mine and everyone else's would be better.

You have proven no such thing. And still. Who ever dreamt of working in coal mines. Of driving a Bus all day. Of picking up the trash of other people. Of working in a factory repeating the same action over and over again. Of sitting in a crate, doing boring, long infrastructual work? Those are jobs that still need to be done. That hardly anyone wants to, that people only do because they have to. Why would they do it in your system? Why would they pick up shit from the streets? Would you? That was a different time. That was when scarcity was a reality. Now, however, it isn't.

Y-yeah you would? How would you get anything done? How would the dream houses you talk about be manufactured? How would cars be created? How would the pipes under the streets be maintained? How would the streets for that matter be maintained? How would our old folks be supported? Do you just hope that there would be enough people willing to do that? Would you? Would you wipe the ass of old people in a retirement home for all your life? Of course, we'd have to keep the monetary system until this society is fully functional. I've already said this.

Do you even listen to me?

I've said that before too.

Y-yours, you ****. You find the society you propose ideal, I find it idiotic. I never said utopian, so **** you with your lies.

Or cause I don't buy into every shit I see in an Internet video. Come on, dude, think for yourself.I do. I've always been an advocate of helping those in need. I'll admit most of my evidence is from zeitgeist addendum, but you can believe in an internet video and still think for yourself.

Totally disregards what I, and others, have said to you. Idiotic that you'd think that's what I have been saying as well. You need to just ****ing think for a second and realize that you have been a mindless drone and need to look at things more logically.Sure, whatever.

Bardock42
Oh ****ing hell, you are an idiot. That's all I'm going to say about that topic from now on, since you obviously don't want to discuss points.

Moving on to Exxon making a profit. Good for them, but I wish they didn't because better, cheaper energy should be available.

Red Nemesis
I thought you are totally against a monetary system? Why do you want to steal it from companies? Originally posted by lord xyz

eek!
LOL @ XYZ accepting Bardock's worldview! Honestly, I laughed at this. XYZ accepted the frame of 'stealing', tacitly accepting that it was a bad thing- which he doesn't think it is at all.

I self-study communication, so I find this interesting.

lord xyz
Oh ****ing hell, you are an idiot. That's all I'm going to say about that topic from now on, since you obviously don't want to discuss points.

Moving on to Exxon making a profit. Good for them, but I wish they didn't because better, cheaper energy should be available. **** you and your delusions.

You're just afraid of looking like a douche.

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
eek!
LOL @ XYZ accepting Bardock's worldview! Honestly, I laughed at this. XYZ accepted the frame of 'stealing', tacitly accepting that it was a bad thing- which he doesn't think it is at all.

I self-study communication, so I find this interesting. When I have I been infavour of stealing?

inimalist
I'm sorry, but I haven't seen a case where someone died from a loss of oxygen (in natural circumstances). I urge you to give me one, but no. Just haven't seen it.

thats essentially moot though

there is a theoretical limit to the amount of available, breathable oxygen on the planet at any one time, thus it is a finite resource, thus it is scarce.

I'm talking about economic scarcity at a theoretical level (at least in my understanding), not scarce in the colloquial, ie: something not readily available

Devil King
You mean, like if every living thing on the planet were to inhale at the same time?

inimalist
now you're on the trolley

Devil King
now you're on the trolley

**** that. I can walk faster than that.

KidRock
Werent they making record profits when oil was 140 or whatever? Now they are doing it while its at 60?

Curse these evil capitalist pig corporations. They will pay for being so evil and taking advantage of the little guy!

Devil King
Originally posted by KidRock
Werent they making record profits when oil was 140 or whatever? Now they are doing it while its at 60?

Curse these evil capitalist pig corporations. They will pay for being so evil and taking advantage of the little guy!

You didn't even read the article, did you?

Bardock42
**** you and your delusions.

You're just afraid of looking like a douche.

When I have I been infavour of stealing? While debating with you? Oh, please.

I countered your points, you repeated the same shit.

lord xyz
thats essentially moot though

there is a theoretical limit to the amount of available, breathable oxygen on the planet at any one time, thus it is a finite resource, thus it is scarce.

I'm talking about economic scarcity at a theoretical level (at least in my understanding), not scarce in the colloquial, ie: something not readily available Air is renewable.

While debating with you? Oh, please.

I countered your points, you repeated the same shit. Again, delusional.

I know how the debate took place, you didn't counter anything, just said stuff that doesn't apply as I've already provided points against them.

Bardock42
****ing hell, please stop turning into RJ. It's not flattering.

dadudemon
****ing hell, please stop turning into RJ. It's not flattering.

I'm sorry, RJ is much happier than XYZ. That was actually an insult to RJ. XYZ is just a grumpy pants.

Bardock42
I'm sorry, RJ is much happier than XYZ. That was actually an insult to RJ. XYZ is just a grumpy pants. That depends on what you value. I suppose RJ is happier. He's also a bit closer to clinical retardation. So...you know, whatever you value.

dadudemon
That depends on what you value. I suppose RJ is happier. He's also a bit closer to clinical retardation. So...you know, whatever you value.

I'd take a happy retard over a whining grumpy pants any day.

Also, I'm a retard myself....I like retarded company, obviously.

Bardock42
I'd take a happy retard over a whining grumpy pants any day.

Also, I'm a retard myself....I like retarded company, obviously. I guess I might agree if we are just talking about hanging out or makign small talk. In a debate though, I prefer the grumpy person usually.

dadudemon
I guess I might agree if we are just talking about hanging out or makign small talk. In a debate though, I prefer the grumpy person usually. sad

Not a grumpy idiot, though. That gets nowhere fast.

Bardock42
sad

Not a grumpy idiot, though. That gets nowhere fast. True, true. Think xyz will ***** and moan about how we talk about him?

dadudemon
True, true. Think xyz will ***** and moan about how we talk about him?

Well, I honestly think he is yelling at his computer screen and pounding his fist on his desk. He's like, "Stupid bloody yank and stupid Kraut!"

lord xyz
Of course, internet popularity is so important these days.

I've gotten to the point of seeing past these images that people portray for themselves and see them for who they really are.

Do either of you intend of doing something more fulfilling in your life, instead of wasting it at the PC, on a shit forum?

KharmaDog
Do either of you intend of doing something more fulfilling in your life, instead of wasting it at the PC, on a shit forum?

I have no beef with you XYZ, but you do see the irony of that comment as you had to sit at a PC "on a shit forum" in order to read, and respond to them.

And with 46986 posts, you shouldn't talk about wasting one's time or life in regards to participating in forums.

Just a thought.

Bardock42
I have no beef with you XYZ, but you do see the irony of that comment as you had to sit at a PC "on a shit forum" in order to read, and respond to them.

And with 46986 posts, you shouldn't talk about wasting one's time or life in regards to participating in forums.

Just a thought. Now, now, lets be fair. He's not wasting his time, he's watching amateur Internet videos that tell him what to believe for this week.

lord xyz

Just a thought. My question was about their intention.

I have spent considerably less time on here than I used too, and intend to spend less in the future.

KharmaDog
My question was about their intention.

Still.........

I have spent considerably less time on here than I used too, and intend to spend less in the future.

Probably not a bad decision.

Quiero Mota
Still.........

Probably not a bad decision.

And now that he's banned, he'll spend even less time.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
And now that he's banned, he'll spend even less time.

When and how did that happen?

dadudemon
Of course, internet popularity is so important these days.

I've gotten to the point of seeing past these images that people portray for themselves and see them for who they really are.

In real life, I'm a smartass but a nice guy. On the internet, I'm a smartass but a nice guy. It looks like you've seen through that ruse. I'm obviously a poser.

I'm at work...passing the time between incidents.

And this forum isn't bad at all. As Mr. Dog pointed out, your post count agrees with me.

When and how did that happen?

I'm curious as well. Where did they start going at it again?

KidRock

Just a thought.

Holy shit, how the **** does someone post nearly 50,000 times in 3 years? And hes 16.

I have been gracing the board with my presence for 5 years now and just passed 5,000 not too recently and I feel like I post on here way too often.

Mairuzu
In real life, I'm a smartass but a nice guy. On the internet, I'm a smartass but a nice guy. It looks like you've seen through that ruse. I'm obviously a poser.

I'm at work...passing the time between incidents.

And this forum isn't bad at all. As Mr. Dog pointed out, your post count agrees with me.

I'm curious as well. Where did they start going at it again?

TcTEixqIgGM

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
TcTEixqIgGM

Why do you keep posting the youtube video that has me making fun of you? I'm a little confused...?

You do realize that it is my youtube video?

Mairuzu
Do you realize how stoned you look at first and how creepy the ending is

stick out tongue

oh and turst me, im fully aware its your video

Mairuzu
still lubs you

dadudemon
Do you realize how stoned you look at first and how creepy the ending is

stick out tongue

oh and turst me, im fully aware its your video

Indeed (I turst(trust) you. big grin )...that was the whole point of the video. It wouldn't be very much of a parody of a drunk guy and an absurdly sleepy dude if I didn't act like a retard. (I acted like a queer for my own entertainment. teehee doped )

still lubs you

Cool beans. I was just confused as to why you kept plastering a video that was making fun of you, everywhere on the internets...it's as if you liked it. ....if you would like a video like "that" I can make one of those too. flirt

But, still, do you want me to take the video down? If you thought I went to far on that joke, I'll delete the vid.

Mairuzu
So you made a video making fun of me, making fun of SS?

original

Ushgarak
Ok, back to the topic, please.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ok, back to the topic, please.

I took it to PM. I apologize for continuing the off subject discussion.

So, yeah, Exxon Mobile's profits...

They should invest just one quarter's profits into setting up the hydrogen fueling infrastructure and then spend 1/1000 of another quarter's profits trying to get the car manufacturers on board with fuel cell vehicles.

Rogue Jedi
****ing hell, please stop turning into RJ. It's not flattering. You aint getting my milk money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.