Romero's Next Projects

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Leg Kick
just checked imdb

1. The Crazies (2010) (announced) (characters)
2. Untitled Romero Project (2009) (filming) (writer)

Anyone know anything about these upcoming films?

ragesRemorse
I don't care what Romero does anymore. I let Land of the Dead pass but Diary of the Dead made me look stupid for defending Land of the Dead. At this point i would be more interested in seeing Zack Snyder remake Day of the Dead.

BackFire
His next film is another zombie film, supposedly a sequel of sorts to Diary of the Dead.

I kinda liked Diary of the Dead, personally, so I'm fine with it.

Dr. Leg Kick
i liked Land of the Dead. It was kind of a different approach, but I enjoyed it.

still haven't seen Diary of the Dead. I'll have to make time to watch it.

MildPossession
I'm with Rage, not particularly bothered about what he is working on. Last time I heard it was something to do with an Island and water zombies...

No sequel to Diary of the Dead anymore.

deathbycorn
Last time I heard... Romero is Overrated.

Blinky
Diary of the Dead was terrible, probably the worst movie he has ever done. Romero better do a 180 degree turn or I'm not going to bother seening any of sh*t anymore.

BackFire
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm with Rage, not particularly bothered about what he is working on. Last time I heard it was something to do with an Island and water zombies...

No sequel to Diary of the Dead anymore.

Yeah, you're right.

Apparently the movie is called Island of the Dead.

Selphie
I don't really think there's anything that could set me stray from loving Romero. I enjoyed Land and Diary of the Dead. Of course, they weren't his best, but I thoroughly enjoyed them.

I'm up for whatever he's got going.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BackFire

Apparently the movie is called Island of the Dead.

Comes out next year

Hoping he can redeem himself with it.

MildPossession
The 2009 release, which is filming in and around Toronto, doesn't have an official title yet. But it does have a concept. "It's about tribalism," says Romero about the story that unfolds on a small island a couple of weeks after the original outbreak in 1968's NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. "There are two factions. It's the idea that even when faced with a crisis, tribal concerns about power control people's motives." One side wants to kill off zombified loved ones before cannibalistic urges strike. The other would rather wait to see if there is a cure for such cravings. "They want to leave Grandma in the rocking chair for a while longer," he says. "It's not a good idea." characters are reprised from 2005's LAND OF THE DEAD and 2007's. "Diary was like Night. It had a brooding personality," he says. This one is more like 1978's Dawn of the Dead, "with a lot of action. Below is the first ever official still from the upcoming film.

Wow, picture gives a lot away, a picture of a... zombie.

Dr. Leg Kick
"This one is more like 1978's Dawn of the Dead, "with a lot of action"

hope he's right.

Kazenji
Seems like some of these older directors these days have lost their mojo for the films they do, Lucas, Carpenter and Romero (for the last two films he did). But i see with Carpenter he's got plans for couple of more horror movies i hope he can get his charm back.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
"This one is more like 1978's Dawn of the Dead, "with a lot of action"

hope he's right.

What does that even mean though? Every zombie movie since Dawn of the dead has either been like Dawn of the dead with a lot of action or Dawn of the Dead with bad gore and worse action.

Romero is more than capable of making a great zombie as long as he stops trying. He over thought Land of the Dead and i think he tried to be to obscure with Diary of the Dead. We no longer need SOCIAL METAPHORS in our zombie movie's. The biggest cliche of zombie movies is that they all have some kind of underlining message or symbolism. When you stop referencing these messages subtly and subliminally and instead focus on them as the driving force of the movie you are no longer making a zombie movie. I don't know if Romero can make a straight up horror movie without symbolism but if he can i think it would be fuking fantastic. I think it would allow him to break free from the pressure of expectation and just have fun with making a movie.

deathbycorn
Zombie movies are getting old.

ragesRemorse
there aren't very many zombie movie's and even less good zombie movie's. zombie movies are like Werewolf and Vampire movies to me. They offer a great concept but no one knows how to make it work on film. When they do work, however, there is nothing better.

MildPossession
... not 'Zombie' zombies but shows you can still make these kind of films in an excellent way. There is a French zombie film coming out soon, can't remember the title, will have to look it up, suppose to turn out rather good.

MildPossession

Wolfie
None of his upcoming Dead films will amount up to the original three.

But I enjoyed Land and Diary.

MildPossession
Poster for the new film, apparently it is actually a real promotion poster, it's pretty rubbish...

Wolfie
I think it's a joke.

MildPossession
Oh well, where I got it from, the guy didn't seem to get the joke then if it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.