The Borg vs. The Xenomorphs (Aliens)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
What's to say? These are two intergalactic species that really deserve each other.

Starting conditions:

The Borg are on their Cube ship floating around the cosmos and stumble upon "a ship" (a hypothetical ship not necessarily from any of the movies) that has been overrun by facehuggers and, thus, producing a horde of humanoid xenomorphs along with an egg laying Queen. The Borg attempt to assimilate the ship and it's "inhabitants", not knowing what lies ahead.

The Borg have all of their regular technology.

The Aliens have, well, themselves. Nothing further needed, really.

The Borg can't be implanted by facehuggers, since they are, more or less, cyborg corpses, for lack of a better word. The Aliens have feral attacks and, of course, their molecular acid blood.

The Borg vs. Aliens: who assimilates who?

Robtard
If the Borg are unable to assimilate the Xenos due to their acid blood, they would just wipe them out via phaser-fire and whatnot.

I'm willing to bet the Borg with their super-adaptive technology would adapt their nanos to be resistant to acid, though. Either way, resistance would be futile for the Xenomorphs.

Oh, the Borg are not corpses, they're still alive.

Impediment
I should have specified "corpse" in my opening post better. I meant "corpse-like" in that they are similar to the walking dead. I realize that even though the majority of the Borg drone is mechanical/nano make-up, the remaining organism that was assimilated is still living tissue.

Could the Borg really adapt to molecular acid? I would imagine that this would make for an interesting catalyst.

Also, if the Borg could, in fact adapt to acid blood, who's to say that they could assimilate a Xeno and incorporate acid-proof hardware into the alien?

Robtard
Being extremely adaptive is one (if not the) of the Borg's main strengths; why they're so dangerous. Now, this translates into technology in the show/movies. ie you hit them with something, a few dead Borg later; they've adapted and it doesn't affect them anymore.

Stands to reason with the thousands (millions?) or worlds the Borg assimilated and the diversity of those they assimilated, they have some way of adapting their technology to mess with each species' distinct biology.

The one known time they couldn't do it, was with Species 8472; they were from a different dimension, their DNA was hundreds more times as complex than anything from 'our' dimension and their technology was biologically based and extremely advanced. I don't think the Xenomorphs fall under any of those categories.

Damn, I know way to much for not being a Trekkie.

Impediment
What about a full scale assault on the Borg? What if the entire hive of Xenos just went completely batshit and pulled a "Braveheart" on the advancing Borg? I doubt that their technology could "adapt" to an all out melee attack from hostile and aggressive aliens, no?

Imagine a fecking swarm of Army ants going against a swarm of Bullet ants. (I'm reduced to animalistic analogies here) The Bullet ants (Borg) are more dangerous, in that, their bite (technology) is significantly more painful and their physiology is more complex. The Army ant (Xenos) are smaller in size, but by sheer number are more powerful in group attack. Does this make sense? Or do I need to drink another beer?

Robtard
In your scenario, the Borg could easily just destroy the ship with repeated weapons fire, if they had no intention of boarding (beaming) and assimilating the Xenomorphs after they took what they wanted from the ship technology-wise.

If they did transport over, a Borg drone would prove difficult (not impossible) for a Xenomorph warrior to take out, as they're extremely strong and durable due to their implants (they also have personal shielding, this could factor in). They would try and inject their nanos into the Xenos that attacked, I'd suspect that early attempts would fail due to the acid blood (though the Borg technology is extremely advanced, so it very could be resistant to acid from the start), then it would be a matter of the Borg either adapting to counter the blood's corrosive properties and assimilating the Xenomorphs; if they couldn't, they would just destroy them via weapon's fire. Granted, many a Borg would probably die in the process, but there are hundreds of thousands of Drones in a single Borg Cube and those that die, can repaired and reanimated if the damage isn't too extensive.

Impediment
Hmm. You could be on to something. Trekkie. stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Hmm. You could be on to something. Trekkie. stick out tongue

One thing of note, a Xeno-Drone would be bad-ass in a fight. Combination of the Xenomorphs inherent speed/agility, with Borg technology to make it stronger and far more resistant to attacks would be one serious combatant.

Impediment
Does a Xeno, in fact, have a mind of it's own? It seems to me that every Xeno is merely 100% aggressive mentality with almost no rationale at all.

Like Ash said in Alien:

"I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality."

ragesRemorse
The Borgs technology is very advanced. Although, Aliens showed us that technology doesnt mean dick against an enemy like the Xenomorphs i'm thinking Borg technology would be sufficient enough for an easy victory. The Borg and the Aliens are essentially the same. The Borg just happen to be technologically aware.

Darth Martin
Borg tech ftw. As long as they can adapt to acid(couldn't do bullets) they'll be fine.

Robtard
Does a Xeno, in fact, have a mind of it's own? It seems to me that every Xeno is merely 100% aggressive mentality with almost no rationale at all.

Like Ash said in Alien:

"I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality."

Yeah, they've shown intelligence. In Alien 4, 2-3 grouped together to kill one of their own to use it's blood as a means of escape.

That is a good quote, but it doesn't negate an intelligence, just that the Xenomorph knows it's purpose and carriers forth without a second thought.

Impediment
Bump.

What say you, Sadako? I like your posts about shit like this.

Impediment
I still say that the Xenos would have a sporting chance, what with their sheer numbers and all.

Sadako of Girth

Like Ash said in Alien:

Shit..... That describes Rambo...!! stick out tongue
(or at least Patrick Bateman...)
And intelligence was not on that list.

They were smart enough to cut the power in Aliens, and knew to put all the hostages in a place you darent attack..... Like under the systems of the colony's atmoshere processing...that if you disrupt the whole colony goes boom.

The instances having found its way through all that ship to the Narcissus in 'Alien', to escape the impending destruction of the Nostromo.... The queen was smart enough to stowaway in the landing gear compartment of the dropship in Aliens...

The instances like in Alien Resurrection where 3 realise they were trapped and decided it was best to sacrifice one of their own to melt through the floor to escape...

jinXed by JaNx
I think the Aliens made their Hive under the Reactors because of the heat.

They are definitely very intelligent, though. In Aliens, we only got to glimpse the full potential of their intelligence because, i believe, they were relying on their numbers more than anything.

I still don't know how the borg technology works. How human tissue can adapt and defend against ultra hot phasers is beyond my understanding. If the Borg can't adapt to fire then how would they be able to adapt to Acid? if Borgs can adapt to the Aliens blood. This doesn't count the Aliens out though. The Aliens still have their communicative abilities, blinding speed and razor sharp, claws, teeth and tail. If the Borg can in deed adapt to Alien blood i think it then becomes a numbers game.

Although, the Borg could just use their ships weaponry to wipe the Aliens out.

Robtard
Each Borg has it's own personal shielding; that is what adapts and protects them from phaser fire.

As far as the Borg adapting their nannites to resist acid and therefore assimilate a Xenomorph, as I said above, the Borg have assimilated thousands (hundreds of?) of different species with varying physiology's, so it isn't beyond reason that they could do the same with the Xenomorphs given a few trial and error attempts. Also, they have highly advanced technology (well beyond what is seen in the Alien's franchise), so it is also reasonable that their advanced alloys wouldn't succumb to acid from the get-go, after all, their ships have a healing factor.

On a one-on-one fight, a Borg would prove difficult for a Xenomorph to kill, Borg are extremely strong and durable due to their implants, so a mass Xenomorph swarm attacking a formation of Drones wouldn't necessarily be a Borg death slaughter, given the numbers are similar.

Robtard
I still say that the Xenos would have a sporting chance, what with their sheer numbers and all.

A Borg Cube can hold hundreds of thousands of Drones.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think the Aliens made their Hive under the Reactors because of the heat.

A reasonable presumption.

I do question the concept of the Alien's need for any specific heat though. It seems to be able to function in extreme cold (even in space) and survived being encased temporarily in molten lead (until it was dowsed in cold water minutes).

It doesnt seem to like flame throwers though.

Confusing stuff.

Darth Martin
Well after rethinking I must say, Borg Drones might be ****ed here. Xeno drones are a heck of alot faster here and wwaaayyy more agile. I don't see the Borg stopping the Xeno Drones from impaling them with their tales. And I just don't see Borg adapting to acidic blood.

I like the Xenomorphs here in a stomp.

Impediment
The Borg's main defensive mechanism is adaptation to environments and substances/energies. I say that they might have a chance for it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Well after rethinking I must say, Borg Drones might be ****ed here. Xeno drones are a heck of alot faster here and wwaaayyy more agile. I don't see the Borg stopping the Xeno Drones from impaling them with their tales. And I just don't see Borg adapting to acidic blood.

I like the Xenomorphs here in a stomp.

Borg are extremely durable, being cyborgs, so they're not nessarily going down from claws and tail attacks, easily at least. Their nanites are extremely advanced, so it's possible they're made of acid resistant alloy, and/or they could adapt, as this is what the Borg do; it's their main strength and the reason why they've conquered thousands of worlds.

If the Borg where unable to adapt and the Xenos kept killing their forces, they'd just destroy the ship and cut their loses. Either way, the Borg can't lose here.

omgchos
Originally posted by Robtard
Borg are extremely durable, being cyborgs, so they're not nessarily going down from claws and tail attacks, easily at least. Their nanites are extremely advanced, so it's possible they're made of acid resistant alloy, and/or they could adapt, as this is what the Borg do; it's their main strength and the reason why they've conquered thousands of worlds.

If the Borg where unable to adapt and the Xenos kept killing their forces, they'd just destroy the ship and cut their loses. Either way, the Borg can't lose here.
Its true the will eventually die out. I mean i doubt most borgs would be able to gestate the alien eggs. Them being cyborgs they may not have the organs necessary. So assimilation is imminent, and resistance is futile.

Darth Martin

If the Borg where unable to adapt and the Xenos kept killing their forces, they'd just destroy the ship and cut their loses. Either way, the Borg can't lose here. I wouldn't say there that durable. Sure a punch from the stongest human alive wouldn't even floor them but they can be cut easily as seen in First Contact thanks Worf's Meth'Leth.

Impediment
And Rob says that he's not a Trekkie. 131wank

Impediment
BUMP.

I just finished Aliens.

I stand by my remarks that the Borg would solo, but not without serious fatalities. The Hive would PWN hard but would lose.

BruceSkywalker
" We are The Borg" "Resistance is futile"

steverules_2
I think species 8427 is a good example here of something that couldn't be assimilated by the borg

Dr Will Hatch
What about a ship full of Yujuta vs the Borg?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
I think species 8427 is a good example here of something that couldn't be assimilated by the borg

species 8472 aren't xenomorphs

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
What about a ship full of Yujuta vs the Borg?

How many Predators are on those ships? I only recall them traveling in small groups.

Dr Will Hatch
How many Predators are on those ships? I only recall them traveling in small groups. It says in the link that the AvP ship could hold "hundreds" which is a vague number. If there's no PIS involved, the aliens are using this ship: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?main=avpfilms&section=avppredatorship

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
It says in the link that the AvP ship could hold "hundreds" which is a vague number. If there's no PIS involved, the aliens are using this ship: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?main=avpfilms&section=avppredatorship

Then they get ass-raped, as there's hundred of thousands of Drones on a cube. Many a Drone would die though, blades, spears and whatnot.

I'd also wager the cube could destroy one of those ships in a space-battle.

-Pr-
I should have specified "corpse" in my opening post better. I meant "corpse-like" in that they are similar to the walking dead. I realize that even though the majority of the Borg drone is mechanical/nano make-up, the remaining organism that was assimilated is still living tissue.

Could the Borg really adapt to molecular acid? I would imagine that this would make for an interesting catalyst.

Also, if the Borg could, in fact adapt to acid blood, who's to say that they could assimilate a Xeno and incorporate acid-proof hardware into the alien?

was just about to call you on that lol...

though i think it's possible that they could be impregnated, assuming the borg didn't figure out a way to destroy any embryo that got inside a borg... they think nothing of sacrificing their own drones if they've been corrupted...

not sure. i'm thinking the borg, though.

tedirving
I'm a bit late on this, but the Borg, in my theory, are descendents of Vger (Voyager) from the first STar Trek movie. This is why the Borg only assimilate humanoids because they come from merger of Will Decker & the android LLia. Since that is the case, in my opinion and theory, the Borg can not assimilate Xenomorph acid blood unless they allow a Borg sentry to be impregnated and they go in and make DNA modifications in order to develop a new breed of sentries who have the acid blood. But remove this one factor and the xenomorphs are dead. they can't beat a borg with a force field.

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
species 8472 aren't xenomorphs

You've bested me again Bruce, I never realised 313 stick out tongue

I was merely pointing out that the Borg haven't always been able to assimilate everyone

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
You've bested me again Bruce, I never realised 313 stick out tongue

I was merely pointing out that the Borg haven't always been able to assimilate everyone

I know steve.. I know big grin

the ninjak
Was it decided wether the Xenos could impregnate a Borg drone? And even if they did the Xenos may not be all that different form normal ones. They can't absorb there tech based enhancements into their DNA.

The Borg are much slower than Xenos. But in the end game the Borg can just nuke the part of the ship that's contaminated and purge the rest.

What if a facehugger got a BorgQueen? The hive shouldn't obey her and the BorgHiveMind shouldn't relay orders to a XenoBorgQueen anymore.

I give this to the Borg.

dadudemon
Well, if we can use the Voyager Species 8472, then we can make an assumption.

The reason the Borg could not assimilate them was due to the strong immune response from that species. Their immune system (macrophages...that's what thye looked like) fought off the nannites like champs. In the Xenomorphs case, they have a strong exoskeleton AND they have ultra-ultra-strong acid blood. The instant the nannites touched the blood, they would dissolve because they are so small. It would appear that the adaptability of the Borg is limited and that is a recurring theme throughout various Star Treke stories. They lose the creativity that sentience brings by assimilating their species and this was part of their weakness. This was why the derilict crew of Voyager could do in a day what the Borg could not due for what seemed like months: adapt their nanobots to the immune systems of Species 8472.

Considering that the Aliens have a far stronger defense against foreign objects (extreme acid blood), it becomes even more difficult for them to assimilate the Xenomorphs.

If I alter the thread conditions to simply be a fight on the floating starship filled win Xenos, then I say the Borg lose and they can only win by vaping the ship. They do not assimilate the Xenos. The Borg have shown us that their nannites are not adaptive enough to assimilate against every type of biology encountered.

HOWEVER...

We as humans with our current technologies have created H_0 levels of -30+ (superacids such Fluoroantimonic acid). So one could argue that the Borg would be aware of superacids and know how to adapt to them. Maybe..maybe not. I don't think the writers of Star Trek or the Alien series have extensive knowledge of chemistry.

Still, it's an easy victory for the Borg.

LoopyMind
Although the Brog are in part biological and mechanical, you could reason that a facehugger wasn't able to impregnate a Born drone. but since all Borg drones are modified (humanoid) species, they are modified to a more or lesser extend.

If there was a Borg drone with enough organic material / organs left, it should be possible for a facehugger to impregnate a Brog drone.

To my knowledge it is also not know how much organic matter a life form needs to have for a xenomorph egg/embryo to grow ..

As seen in Alien 3, a dog seems to work (or as per the special edition) a cow / ox will work fine too... okay, those are both complete, functional organic lifeforms, but still.

As far is I can tell, the xenomorph egg / embryo only needs the host for it's biologically distict properties to adapt more to the natural inviroment of said host, not to feed on it while growing to the chest-burster stage. (the xeno from Alien 3 is very (dog like) different then the xeno's from Alien or Alien 2.

Now this is where it get's scary, if a facehugger were to be able to get an egg / embryo inside a Born drone and it could gestate long enough to the chest-bursting stage, it would have adopted trades of it's Born drone host on a cellular or even DNA level, most likely incorporating the nanotech present in the Born drone, effectively becoming a Borg enhanced chest-burster going on to become a full grown Xeno with Borg tech fully integrated into it...

if a regular xeno wasn't super scary and deadly, imagine what a Brog/xeno hybrid would be!

Robtard
The xenomorphs take on the genetics of the host/impregnated creature; not its technical aspects. eg if an egg was laid in a human with an artificial leg, the xenomorph wouldn't incorporate the titanium, polymers and whatnot the artificial leg is composed of.

But entertaining your idea that the xenomorphs could take on Borg technology after gestating inside a Borg drone, said xeno-drone would likely be under control of the Borg hive-mind (ie qeen). So you see, resistance is still futile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.