Marvel achieved 50% market share in September

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.5700.MyCup_o~apos~_Joe_Week_29

Thoughts?

psycho gundam
marvel will need good profits to fund all those movies in the future since avengers is the culmination of like 6 different movies.

willRules
Well Marvel have been producing some good stories and the sales show it. But then again Jeph Loeb's been writing the Ultimates so there is a down side......

Raoul
marvel has always had a wider appeal than any of the other companies, and sales would reflect that...

i'm not surprised, to be honest...

Accel
This isn't just some casual thing that happens every now and then though. It just looks to me like DC really dropped the ball during that time period.

OnslaughtKILLS
DC Comics must be begging for another crossover.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Accel
This isn't just some casual thing that happens every now and then though. It just looks to me like DC really dropped the ball during that time period.

I'm pretty sure Marvel has been dominating DC with their market share for close to a year now though.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by psycho gundam
marvel will need good profits to fund all those movies in the future since avengers is the culmination of like 6 different movies.

They made three X-Men movies with good actors/actresses....what are you talking about?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
They made three X-Men movies with good actors/actresses....what are you talking about?

Does Marvel receive a share of profits of the X-Men movies or did Fox just pay them a lump sum for the movie rights?

Soljer
Didn't DC delay like five or six of their top selling titles for September-October?

It's no surprise that their market share crashes - it's their own **** up.

Bentley
Originally posted by Soljer
Didn't DC delay like five or six of their top selling titles for September-October?

It's no surprise that their market share crashes - it's their own **** up.

True that. Not to say that they don't handle their properties quite as aggressively as Marvel.

psycho gundam
They made three X-Men movies with good actors/actresses....what are you talking about? what i mean is, iron man was only made a trilogy (so far, could very well be more) when the response from the first film came back extremely positive, but then again it's iron man, a thor film however imo has to be near perfect to get a "non-comic fan" to bite.

this is the first time in hollywood history that a film ( the avengers) is comprising of characters all from their own feature films, like a pyramid the top piece rests on many others, if one piece at the bottom is not up to standards ( for example - "the incredible hulk, just as good as "iron man" <- thats how they sold it) the avengers movie will be lesser than it should be.

and the cost for those movies will be super high, robert downey jr. is most likely going to take home a lot more for the second film since he's locked in for the long haul. before the transformers movie character models were made, the iron man characters had the most intricate designs to date, the model of the mk II being put on and devise checked had thousands of parts and the cost to make it was really high. a thor movie is going to be FULL of CG, man is that going to be expensive.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Accel
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.5700.MyCup_o~apos~_Joe_Week_29

Thoughts?

Joe Q can reboot/wreck/crash/destroy/wtf? Spiderman and the fans will keep buying.

The man knows business...what can ya say? Props to him for keeping his place profitable.

Raoul

take that back.

jalek moye
thats great. And there only gonna get more once i start working there cool

DigiMark007
The industry's as big as it ever has been. Market share is in percentages, but it's just as likely record highs for DC and other companies, even if their percentage dwindles. The comments about percentages need context before they mean anything.

Newjak
Originally posted by Raoul
take that back. Never no expression

Raoul
Originally posted by Newjak
Never no expression

uhuh

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The industry's as big as it ever has been. Market share is in percentages, but it's just as likely record highs for DC and other companies, even if their percentage dwindles. The comments about percentages need context before they mean anything.

Didn't DC only have a couple titles in the top twenty for that month? That's some pretty pathetic competition.

Arahan
How are the new Spiderman comics in sales?

I just want to know when they will retcon the OMD shit.
I want to read Spidey comics again but as long as the shit with
OMD is going on.... no thx xD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.