Professor X vs. Master Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Professor X - Leader, founder and godfather of the X-Men. Charles Xavier is often described as the mightiest mortal mind in the Marvel universe. His psionic powers are legendary, and though his broken body is confined to a wheel chair, has saved the X-Men on numerous occasions. He has trained many young mutants in taming and harnessing their power for the betterment of mankind.

Yoda - Leader and master of the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic. Yoda is considered the ultimate Jedi whose knowledge and ability with the Force is second to none among the Jedi and who gives even the Sith pause. Though appearing wizened and infirm he strikes dread even in martial combat. He has trained many young Padawans in sharpening and harnessing their power for the betterment of mankind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoda won't be able to use his lightlaber for the professor will mind f*ck him vs. Yoda will be able to carve the professor up like a thankgiving turkey.

This contest boils down to the mind game. Who is stronger? Which is a good question because I don't believe we ever really saw either one unleash their true potential in the movies.

Would telepathy overpower The Force? Or would The Force overtake Earth's most powerful telepathic?

Rogue Jedi
I think Yoda's powers are greater in terms of volume, Yoda takes this.

Impediment
Define "volume". You lost me.

Prof. X has an insane amount of telepathy. 10 out of 10

Yoda has a great deal of telepathy. 8 out of 10

Rogue Jedi
I mean not only does Yoda have telepathy, he also has offensive force powers. Force hold and force push, or would those be considered telepathy?

Impediment
I would consider it telekinesis, the Force push/hold. However, I feel that Charlie's mental prowess is stronger than Yoda's. He could, most likely, enter Yoda's mind.

Rogue Jedi
Like Obi Wan entered the Stormtroopers in ANH? Could be that Yoda's mind is too strong for that. Who's mind do we see Xavier enter in thr Xmen movies besides Toad and Sabretooth?

Impediment
Charles had the capability to enter Magneto's mind, hence the reason for Magneto's helmet. Was it seen? No. However, it was implied by Erik, himself.

Could Yoda resist? Definitely, I say. To what extent, though?

Rogue Jedi
I dunno, but Storm has a great ass.

Impediment
Perv.

Yah.....she does.

Impediment
You have a powerful manipulator of a fundamental force (no pun intended) of the universe. On the other hand you have a powerful manipulator of the very thing that gives sentient beings their sentience, the mind itself. The psychic plane is where Xavier would take this battle. Xavier has been dancing and singing in the Astral Plane for far longer.

Rogue Jedi
I think X could enter Yoda's mind if Yoda were to be caught off guard. if Yoda knew it was coming, doubtful X could enter it fully.

Darth Martin
In a telepathic battle Xavier would win. That's his category. You can't say Yoda just cause of his age and experience b/c Sidious could stand up to him. An he's 60ish compared to 880.

But in an all-out battle I'd say Yoda. Besides telepathy he's got super speed, lightsaber, and telekenesis.

Impediment
The weapon that is The Mind is what we're trying to go for here. Yoda, while 800+ years old, is an accomplished warrior. Had he a lightsaber, he's fillet Xavier.

Could the Professor overtake Yoda, is my ultimate question. Is so, then why couldn't Charles win?

Impediment
Under most circumstances, Xavier's a bit of a wuss. He's always going to try to find a way to settle things in a nonviolent way (at least, until he sends his X-Men to kick your butt). Yoda can size up the situation and see if violence is warranted or not. After all, we know he is a capable military commander on top of his Force powers. Unfortunately, Xavier is more than a bit too powerful for Yoda once they actually fight. With his vast psychic arsenal at his disposal, he'll be able to turn back the Jedi Master, probably by removing his aggression or something like that.

ragesRemorse
If this were the comic versions id give it to X but the professor didn't do very much in the movie's. Infact he just kind of sat in his chair the entire time. I don't know how much ability the jedi posses in the way of telepathy. They can sense great disasters and manipulate weak minds. These are the only displays of telepathy i have ever seen in Star Wars movie's. Xavier is one of the most powerful telepaths in the world, rivaled only by few. The only problem is that we never got to see him utilize his ability in the movie's. The only feats he displayed in the movie's are very subtle. The only thing we know is that he is referenced as one of the greatest telepaths but the only other telepath we saw was the Phoenix but she was leagues above Xavier's ability so it is really all speculation of what Xavier is and isnt capable of.

I'm sure that Xavier would be able to resist the jedi mind trick and perhaps stop yoda from hurling a few objects at him but force push, lightsaber...,Xavier doesnt have a goddamn prayer. Comic Xavier on the other hand, well, thats a different story.

NonSensi-Klown
Movie Xavier would lose.

Placidity
Some Professor X feats from the top of my head:

- With the aid of Cerebro, he could kill everyone on Earth.

- In the start of X-men 2, in the food hall of the museum, after Pyro starts a fight, Prof X mind freezes everyone in the hall. I would estimate at least 50 people in there.

- Brain freezes everyone in the White house at the end.

The writers said one of the reasons Prof X is always being screwed over/incapacitated in the movie is because he was too powerful and if he wasn't then he could just use cerebro to fix potentially any problem (except Phoenix) and there would be no movie.

IMO, Prof X's telepathy is more powerful than any telepathic resistance Yoda has.

BruceSkywalker
My personal opinion is that Charles has the superior mind to defeat Master Yoda in a force of wills match..

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Placidity

IMO, Prof X's telepathy is more powerful than any telepathic resistance Yoda has.

I agree but there is no proof of that. It's just speculation. I know in the comics, X has problems controlling alien minds but that isnt relevant. What is relevant is that Yoda is probably the strongest willed and minded Jedi. That is saying something. If Yoda can resist Xaviers telepathy, Xavier doesn't have a prayer. Yodas' telekinesis is better laughing out loud

before you technical bastards bust me, i know Yoda don't gots no telekinesis stick out tongue

Utrigita
Professor X managed to contain the Phoenix and even fought against her, when he saw that he was going to get disintegrated, he still while still trying to get contact to Phoenix moved his entire consciousness. Furthermore the moment Xaviar was pulled out of the dreamworld that Strykes son had placed him in, Strykes son couldn't pull him back in, Xaviar resisted.

In my Opinion Professor X wins, since frankly I cannot come up with a single mind feat from the Movie on Yoda's part that nears what Xaviar has done.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I think Yoda's powers are greater in terms of volume, Yoda takes this.

Wrong, the second the fight starts, Xavier makes Yoda believe he's nothing more than a 16 year old Japanese school girl.

Rogue Jedi
Sure, cuz Yoda is just a weak minded fool.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Impediment
Professor X - Leader, founder and godfather of the X-Men. Charles Xavier is often described as the mightiest mortal mind in the Marvel universe. His psionic powers are legendary, and though his broken body is confined to a wheel chair, has saved the X-Men on numerous occasions. He has trained many young mutants in taming and harnessing their power for the betterment of mankind.

Yoda - Leader and master of the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic. Yoda is considered the ultimate Jedi whose knowledge and ability with the Force is second to none among the Jedi and who gives even the Sith pause. Though appearing wizened and infirm he strikes dread even in martial combat. He has trained many young Padawans in sharpening and harnessing their power for the betterment of mankind.

Yoda won't be able to use his lightlaber for the professor will mind f*ck him vs. Yoda will be able to carve the professor up like a thankgiving turkey.

This contest boils down to the mind game. Who is stronger? Which is a good question because I don't believe we ever really saw either one unleash their true potential in the movies.

Would telepathy overpower The Force? Or would The Force overtake Earth's most powerful telepathic?

are you kidding me?
yoda far exceeds professor x.

yoda can sense events occuring from accross the galaxy as soon as they happen which is why he knew the clones has betrayed him.

professor x needs a machine just to sense mutants accross the country, i would say professor x is sorely outclassed.

you ask if telepathy can overcome force?
NO!!!!!
in star wars the force is in every living thing and all around, but professor x's telepathy is just inside his own mind.
i dare go so far as to say after 800 years of jedi training, yoda can resist a mind trick and could probably even turn professor x's own powers against him.

yoda slaughters him here lol

Impediment
Originally posted by Man of Christ
are you kidding me?
yoda far exceeds professor x.

yoda can sense events occuring from accross the galaxy as soon as they happen which is why he knew the clones has betrayed him.

professor x needs a machine just to sense mutants accross the country, i would say professor x is sorely outclassed.

Cerebro augments Xavier's already incredible powers, is all.

you ask if telepathy can overcome force?
NO!!!!!
in star wars the force is in every living thing and all around, but professor x's telepathy is just inside his own mind.
i dare go so far as to say after 800 years of jedi training, yoda can resist a mind trick and could probably even turn professor x's own powers against him.

The whole " telepathy just inside his head" comment is wrong. Xavier can reach out and control the minds of others. Who is to say that Yoda, while not weak minded, can't be overtaken, if only for the briefest of time, by Xavier?

Rogue Jedi
Indeed.

Robtard
Sure, cuz Yoda is just a weak minded fool.

See, why do you act like a silly *******, because the guy you want to win simply wouldn't?

Has Yoda shown in any of the movies any ability at mind-control or mind-control resistance that Xavier has and can dish out? No, he hasn't. Granted, the Force grants him some level of mind-prowess, ie he can sense shit and whatnot, but when it comes to a battle of the minds, Xavier is Tyson at his peak and Yoda is Glass ****ing Joe.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Utrigita
Professor X managed to contain the Phoenix and even fought against her, when he saw that he was going to get disintegrated, he still while still trying to get contact to Phoenix moved his entire consciousness. Furthermore the moment Xaviar was pulled out of the dreamworld that Strykes son had placed him in, Strykes son couldn't pull him back in, Xaviar resisted.

In my Opinion Professor X wins, since frankly I cannot come up with a single mind feat from the Movie on Yoda's part that nears what Xaviar has done.

Xavier couldn't resist the Phoenix whatsoever. Jean was resisting the the Phoenix

Placidity
That transfer of consciousness feat is pretty darn uber.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
See, why do you act like a silly *******, because the guy you want to win simply wouldn't?

Has Yoda shown in any of the movies any ability at mind-control or mind-control resistance that Xavier has and can dish out? No, he hasn't. Granted, the Force grants him some level of mind-prowess, ie he can sense shit and whatnot, but when it comes to a battle of the minds, Xavier is Tyson at his peak and Yoda is Glass ****ing Joe. OK haermm

Man of Christ

The whole " telepathy just inside his head" comment is wrong. Xavier can reach out and control the minds of others. Who is to say that Yoda, while not weak minded, can't be overtaken, if only for the briefest of time, by Xavier?

Nay for if xavier were so powerful he wouldnt need cerebro and would just do what yoda does and thats sense people who are galaxies away through the force, not need some machine just to sense people on the same country or planet.

the whole telepathy is just inside his head comment is right, you just made the straw-man falllacy is all. what im saying is the power yoda wields known as the force is all around but the power the professor uses is just within him. basically there is more force to go around then telepathy and hello yoda has had 800 years of jedi training, im sure the ability to resist jedi mind trick or in this case charles' equivalent occured some time in there

so all in all yoda comes out on top

Rogue Jedi
Nay for if xavier were so powerful he wouldnt need cerebro and would just do what yoda does and thats sense people who are galaxies away through the force, not need some machine just to sense people on the same country or planet.

the whole telepathy is just inside his head comment is right, you just made the straw-man falllacy is all. what im saying is the power yoda wields known as the force is all around but the power the professor uses is just within him. basically there is more force to go around then telepathy and hello yoda has had 800 years of jedi training, im sure the ability to resist jedi mind trick or in this case charles' equivalent occured some time in there

so all in all yoda comes out on top yes Shit man, X needed Cerebro to locate Rogue, who was in the same town as he. Yoda sensed Jedi across the galaxy. Do the math.

Placidity
Shit man, Jedi Mind trick doesn't even work on Padme, but X's telepathy can mind rape at least 50 people simultaneously.

The only reason X uses cerebro is because it cost him so much money to build it and if he didn't use it once in a while (even though he doesn't need to) it would be a waste. True story.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Shit man, Jedi Mind trick doesn't even work on Padme, but X's telepathy can mind rape at least 50 people simultaneously.

The only reason X uses cerebro is because it cost him so much money to build it and if he didn't use it once in a while (even though he doesn't need to) it would be a waste. True story. Jedi mind trick and telepathy are two different things.

And he used it why? haermm

Utrigita
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Xavier couldn't resist the Phoenix whatsoever. Jean was resisting the the Phoenix

He couldn't resist her physical attack, but the fact is that he managed to contain the Phoenix personality when it first emerged, and later managed to battle with it from my point of view losing when Jean disintegrated him with her telekinese, not by destroying his mind.

Utrigita
Jedi mind trick and telepathy are two different things.

Really how?

Mind trick is from what I remember from the film a form of telepathy where you enter the mind of the person infront of you using the force to influence the thoughts of that person.

Well atleast that is how I understand it, but their is too me a major difference in the "two types" of telepathy, the telepathy that the force can utilize has only been shown affecting the weakminded, where as Erik Lensher in the movie, (I wouldn't call him weakminded) was unable to stop Charles from entering his thoughts and looking through them like it was a open book, now I could be wrong but did Yoda at any point in the movies do that?

Robtard
OK haermm

Glad you agree that Yoda hasn't done anything in the films mental-wise that comes close to Xavier. Sensing disturbances in the Force, just won't cut what Xavier can do with his mind powers.

Now, if Yoda could unless his Force powers quicker than the speed of a thought, he could win.

Rogue Jedi
Glad you agree that Yoda hasn't done anything in the films mental-wise that comes close to Xavier. Sensing disturbances in the Force, just won't cut what Xavier can do with his mind powers.

Now, if Yoda could unless his Force powers quicker than the speed of a thought, he could win. you do realize that I am not the only one here that thinks Yoda would pwn, right? Just saying.

Placidity
Hmm, I was just thinking, Yoda sensing events doesn't necessarily mean he has telepathy or that feat represents telepathy. No one knows exactly how the force works. Like Rob said it could just be sensing a disturbance in the force or it could be like Silver Surfer's cosmic awareness ability (obviously not as potent), which isn't telepathy.

If Yoda was capable of long range telepathy like people implied, then him and Obi Wan wouldn't have needed to recalibrate the signal meant to lure in the remaining Jedi. Yoda could have just sent out a telepathic message. But he couldn't, because his "sensing ability" isn't telepathy.

Robtard
you do realize that I am not the only one here that thinks Yoda would pwn, right? Just saying.

They're wrong too, obviously.

Until someone can show some feat of Yoda's that proves he's some sort of mental-empath-juggernaut, like Xavier is, he doesn't have a chance, Xavier can think faster than Yoda can expell some Force power.

Rogue Jedi
Well Yoda did lift an X wing from a swamp.

Placidity
That's telekinesis, not telepathy.

Rogue Jedi
I know, I was being a jackass haermm

Rogue Jedi
Does Obi Wan being able to communicate with Luke in ESB count as telepathy?

Utrigita
I suppose so... If we go by what the comics concerning the Marvel universe, then a force ghost would from my point of view be like a form of astral projection.

Rogue Jedi
So Obi Wan was able to communicate with Luke using telepathy from another astral plane. Yoda, much more powerful than Obi Wan, could surely do this on a much grander scale, wouldnt you agree?

Utrigita
Not really no, if I understand correctly the death of a force user unlocks the full abilities of that particular forceuser and the appearance as a Force Ghost is more like a busstop on the way to the final destination, furthermore I have yet to see a living Jedi utilize a force ghost and even if I had, I still lack the evidence (from the movies at least) that they can utilize telepathy on the level that Xaviar portrayed.

Hybris
A very interesting post. I'd say Yoda would beat Professor X (Assuming that the battle takes place in a universe where abilities such as telepathy and manipulating the Force exist).

- Yoda has a terribly strong mind. Someone said Xavier could 'mindrape' 50 people at once. Yoda could exactly do the same.

- Yoda has never underestimated any opponent so he would never be caught by surprise as some of you seem to claim.

I have to admitt Xavier has the most powerful mind between the two of them but how can you expect Xavier to beat Yoda when the Force runs through all living beings and Yoda can use the Force as a weapon?

The fact is that you're comparing two character with complete different powers and contexts... There really isn't going to be a clear winner.

Man of Christ
Not really no, if I understand correctly the death of a force user unlocks the full abilities of that particular forceuser and the appearance as a Force Ghost is more like a busstop on the way to the final destination, furthermore I have yet to see a living Jedi utilize a force ghost and even if I had, I still lack the evidence (from the movies at least) that they can utilize telepathy on the level that Xaviar portrayed.

in knights of the old republic kreia was entering people's minds left and right, killig people with the force through thier mind, etc...... these feats in sure yoda could do but doesnt have a propensity to do them.

Man of Christ
Theres jedi mind trick then theres force confusion which is more powerfull, not to mention intimidate, stun, fear, horror.

yoda could give xavier nightmares if he wanted to

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Hybris

I have to admitt Xavier has the most powerful mind between the two of them but how can you expect Xavier to beat Yoda when the Force runs through all living beings and Yoda can use the Force as a weapon?

Good point.

Utrigita
in knights of the old republic kreia was entering people's minds left and right, killig people with the force through thier mind, etc...... these feats in sure yoda could do but doesnt have a propensity to do them.

What happened in the knights of the old republic is of no consequence when discussing two characters and their appearances in movies.

If we take Comic Xaviar, Xaviar has shown himself capable of manipulating a entire planet without cerebro while he was located on another planet.

But as said that is irrelevant to this discussion.

Man of Christ
in context, those feats in kotor are relevant

Robtard
Before Yoda finishes uttering the first syllable to mind trick Xavier, Xavier will already be in Yoda's mind and convincing the green stub he's a Japanese school girl with a scat fetish.

So, I ask again, is there any relevant feat from the movies that Yoda has done with his supposed mind-powers that can't at least match what Xavier has done?

Utrigita
in context, those feats in kotor are relevant

Actually they isn't since they belong to a entire different character, with a alignment entire different from Yoda, and lastly and most importantly the feats are performed on another media, that on this part of the board isn't concideret a valid way to provide proof of a characters given abilities. For instance when discussing Sidious his ability to create a forcestorm has no relevance when he is discussed here.

If we could use everything then I would begin to pull out the feats that Xavier has performed in the Comics as well but fact remains that those are simply not relevant to Movie Xavier, just like feats from a computer game has no relevance when trying to portray the abilities that Movie Yoda have, when it's ONLY the abilities shown in the movies that has relevance.

Placidity
Originally posted by Hybris

Someone said Xavier could 'mindrape' 50 people at once. Yoda could exactly do the same.

Um, no.

inter132
Yoda, in one way. He would use those two little palm barrier to kick Charles out of his mind. Then again, Charles would stop the time, and slap Yoda's face.

Sadako of Girth
I'm pro Yoda here.

Not that I dont respect the power of Xavier, but if his one trick fails, he is doomed, whereas the ways that Yoda could destroy him that I could see are way more varied..

Yoda might not have to have to mentally overpower Charles directly, he could mind trick one of his own team to assassinate him.

And judging by what we have seen Yoda do in both movies and eu with the force using it to move things, he might make short work of Cerebro if he gets anywhere near it.

And can Xavier remain composed enough to do any mental overiding, whilst being force chocked or flung against something hard like Yoda did to the Emporer's guards in ROTS...?

And what if Yoda gets himself a little magneto helmet...?
Then the only one who thinks that they are a Japanase school girl, will be the school girl in japan who looks up out the window from her classwork to see whats left of Xavier burning up on reentry after Yoda has force flung Xavier into orbit. stick out tongue

Robtard
They both have the power to one-shot each other, Xavier taking over Yoda's mind and Yoda using some power of the Force that is at his disposal (not choke), so it comes down to who could attack first.

I'm guessing Xavier can think faster than Yoda can Force 'anything'. One that note, which Force power could kill Xavier quickly that Yoda could use?

Sadako of Girth
Heheheee Good point, that, about the first draw.

I can see ambushing then snapping his neck with the force or force crushing his head might be pretty quick...

Creeping up behind him and using a serving dish to decapitate Xavier could be cool. (As long a Xavier is unaware of Yoda before hand, granted.)

Force lighting electrocuting Xavier...? All the metal bits in his Chair'll act as nice conductors.

Robtard
I assumed this was a face-off fight, hence the quickest draw wins scenario. If it's a seek and destroy mission/fight, Yoda probably has the advantage since he's a midget and has far greater mobility.

Though Xavier is able to sense minds, so.

Can Yoda Force Lightning? Thought that was a Sith only ability.

I'm still leaning Xavier makes Yoda think he's a Japanese school girl with a scat fetish FTW.

Sadako of Girth
I assumed this was a face-off fight, hence the quickest draw wins scenario. If it's a seek and destroy mission/fight, Yoda probably has the advantage since he's a midget and has far greater mobility.

Though Xavier is able to sense minds, so.

Can Yoda Force Lightning? Thought that was a Sith only ability.

I'm still leaning Xavier makes Yoda think he's a Japanese school girl with a scat fetish FTW.

Okay then Id agree with that.

Bugger. Ok.. What if through meditation Yoda empties his...?

Well, you'd have to go to EU for that. I beleive he can do it in Force Unleashed. It seems to be depicted that its a thing they can all do but the Jedi tend to choose not to for some reason. I admit Im reaching there.

It might be time for pigtails and poo for Yoda then.
Unless even as a japanese poo school girl Yoda still wants to kill Xavier, of course. Could be prone to force tantrums, that schoolgirl, in particular. stick out tongue

dadudemon
Xavier...but by a smidge.

If it were comic Xavier and EU Yoda, Xavier by a land slide.

Just think, Xavier can do a Jedi mind wipe, on his own. no expression

Zalindrana
Yoda doesnt do Force Lightning. Its Dark Side power only. As to Xavier VS Yoda its difficult to visualize who would win.

Robtard
No it's not, the match starts and Xavier enters Yoda's mind before Yoda can unleash a Force attack or draw his sabre and rush.

Sadako of Girth
More I think about it, more I think youre right.

But Xavier would be screwed, if Yoda went to Magneto to borrow his helmet first though.

Utrigita
Which he isn't allowed to, neither would he be capable of using Lightning since he never on his own in the movies directly created that power, neither would the lightsaber be a option because iirc, then it was stated in the opening post that this is a mind game.

Sadako of Girth
Bugger. Yoda gets battered then.

SuperkatmanX
Yoda would throw his light sabre right in between Xaviers eyes... DONE!

jinXed by JaNx
Comic Xavier Rocks yoda

Movie Xavier puts up a small fight before he is knocked against a wall with a force push that breaks his neck.

Sadako of Girth
Or as SuperkatmanX said, Yoda launches a lightsabre at his head at reasonably close range purely with the force/no handmovements to give away the attack.

Xavier would be screwed then.

Especially if we abandon the idea that Xavier could even intrude on Yodas mind.

He is an entirely different species and he was good enough at not being detected even by the emporer to escape and hide for all those years. And he has 800 years plus in mastery of his mind.

However. If Xavier CAN get past it, Yoda wont have time to conciously do anything. Hed have to have a totally empty mind and do what we have discussed at close range from an ambush to do whatever he can do before Xavier makes him believe his is a schoolgirl or puts him in a deep coma or something.
Once a close range sabre throw is on, Id say its undoable.
Because If a lightsabre flying at 60mph is only an inch from your head your head, overiding the mind and force pulling it back isnt gonna work in time to stop a baldie head khabab situation occurring.

(If I were he, and meditation was able to quiten the mind eonugh to get the drop on Xavier, I'd open up the ambush by violently force flinging Xavier and his chair out of a window or into a wall as hard and fast as the force will allow and he probably wont even be concious after the first strike but the second and third smashes should guarantee it and that have kept him off balance long enough to then throw the sabre.)

But outside of this possibilties its more or less goona be Yoda being Xaviers little green beeyotch.

EDIT:
A Question I hadn't thought of before.

How would Xavier without Cerebro helping him scan worldwide for minds deal with it, if Yoda using the force from miles away runs him through with the sabre thrown from beyond Xavier's mind sensing range...?

Utrigita

Now I could read this wrong, but what I get is that the Lightsaber is banned this battle is a mind game, I don't know what Impediment exact meaning of mindgame be it only Telepathy ore Telekinetic involved, however one thing is sure the lightsaber doesn't come within the scope of mindgame.

Sadako of Girth
Read that likehe is saying that he wouldnt get time to use it if he faces him of. Which might be true.

Utrigita
So why are we discussing the lightsaber? iirc Yoda has never showed that he was capable of lifting, activating and directing the saber towards a opponent using only the force, while a telepath tried to take control over his mind, for all we know Yoda might not even have any resistance to mindattacks.

Sadako of Girth
I thought we saw that in ROTS.

Against a stormtrooper.

Besides, its in your mind that he can lift X-wings, repel rock and other much greater feats that for the sake of this argument he suddenly becomes force-pathetic..?

Dr Will Hatch
Psionic ability is a manifestation of the Force. Since this is true, Yoda would be able to block Charles infiltration.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Against a stormtrooper.

Besides, its in your mind that he can lift X-wings, repel rock and other much greater feats that for the sake of this argument he suddenly becomes force-pathetic..?

No he threw it towards the Clonetropper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV-C9qBaYA

0:08

And all that is impressive shows of Telekinetic not telepathy, that was why I said that for all we know Yoda has never in the movie showed himself capable of resisting the levels of telepathy that Xavier can utilize. Sure Yoda can rock Xavier with the Physical abilities of the force, but each time Yoda has performed a force feat (lifting, throwing etc) he has made hand gestures, it requires from what I know a level of concentration to use the force, and I don't see how Yoda is going to gain that level considering how he will probably be busy trying to hold Xavier out.

Sadako of Girth
Well thats all I was saying, if he can combine that with his remote viewing ability, then it could in theory work.
Just that trick just over a longer distance.

The hand thing is just dramatically better.
Anakin lost both hands, yet Vader holds his hands up to sell the idea that its him choking whomever to the audience.

He didnt need to do it, for example when flinging things at Luke in ESB.
Yet at other times the hand gesture is employed.
And when Vader does anything like that, its not his hands remember..

Utrigita
Well thats all I was saying, if he can combine that with his remote viewing ability, then it could in theory work.
Just that trick just over a longer distance.

The hand thing is just dramatically better.
Anakin lost both hands, yet Vader holds his hands up to sell the idea that its him choking whomever to the audience.

He didnt need to do it, for example when flinging things at Luke in ESB.
Yet at other times the hand gesture is employed.
And when Vader does anything like that, its not his hands remember..

And not employ his hands ofcause while at the same time keep Xavier out of his head. I would say lifting, directing and activating a lightsaber is a bit more tricky then simply throwing things at people ore push them for that matter.

No I think he holds them up to better channel the force, giv a target so to speak, I even think it says so in one of the published handbooks for either episode II ore III.

Yet the largest construct that Vader sent flying only came when he lowered his arms, also the switch to freeze Luke Vader employed his "hand". No but it's still his "hands" Vader cannot send Lightning through his "hands" because they isn't his physical hands, however I think he can direct the force through his "hands" like they where his own.

Rogue Jedi

Against a stormtrooper.

Besides, its in your mind that he can lift X-wings, repel rock and other much greater feats that for the sake of this argument he suddenly becomes force-pathetic..? Isnt that great when people do that? laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Psionic ability is a manifestation of the Force. Since this is true, Yoda would be able to block Charles infiltration.

Because Yoda has done this in the movies and has done so against a mutant with mind powers powerful enough to not only freeze multiple people (a mall full) but then also erase/manipulate all their minds at once?

Xavier did this in X2, after the Pyro incident at the mall; this was without Cerebro.

This making out Jedi to be far more powerful than what is shown in the movies is contagious it seems.

Dr Will Hatch
^Sidious mind****ed the entire Order in open view for over ten years and than brainwashed most of the galaxy into not believing in Jedi for over 20. And that's only in the movies.

Utrigita
When exactly did he do that in the movie???

Dr Will Hatch
In the prequals. He clouded the Orders minds so that they would never sense his precense.

Sadako of Girth
Yep. when he looked like a "more-human looking Palpatine" for all that time.

When he "couldnt hold it anylonger" due to his own fed back force lighting courtesy of mace. His true appearance was revealed.

The second part im not so sure about.

Utrigita
In the prequals. He clouded the Orders minds so that they would never sense his presense.

What???

Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI ????

And if he did that in the movie then it shows that the Jedies (Yoda being one of them) is capable of being manipulated by Xavier.

Dr Will Hatch
^Yeah, that is my own assumption. It explains a lot of bridging issues between each trilogy.

Sadako of Girth
Good one, Utrigita.

But logically speaking, the Jedi being blind to the darkside of the force wont be a problem unless Xavier uses the darkside also.

Utrigita
I must admit that I'm not quiet getting what you guys are trying to say, is it:

1. That Sideous used the Dark Side of the Force to cloud his own force potential (which speaking beyond the movies Sideous wouldn't be the first to do) which really has nothing to do with Telepathy as Xavier uses it from my point of view.

2. Sideous used the dark side of the Force to perform telepathy (mind altering if you like) on the Jedies that didn't notice it.

Robtard
Good one, Utrigita.

But logically speaking, the Jedi being blind to the darkside of the force wont be a problem unless Xavier uses the darkside also.

if you're going to use the "a power won't work because if from a different franchise/universe" angle, then the same can be said for Xavier and the Force not working on him.

In short, don't pull an RJ, please.

If the Force works on Xavier, then Yoda's mind is susceptible to Xavier's mind powers.

Dr Will Hatch
^Yes. He was the most powerful Force user at that point in time.

Sadako of Girth
^Yeah, that is my own assumption. It explains a lot of bridging issues between each trilogy.

My guess is that by episode 4, it will actually be just Obi Wan and Yoda...
I bet that the live action series'll show a quite a few Jedi getting taken out. Helping bridge the gap you speak of.

Anakin and Palpatine wont know about Yoda, and they both assume Kenobi died until Kenobi turns up on the Death Star...

Sadako of Girth
if you're going to use the "a power won't work because if from a different franchise/universe" angle, then the same can be said for Xavier and the Force not working on him.

In short, don't pull an RJ, please.

If the Force works on Xavier, then Yoda's mind is susceptible to Xavier's mind powers.

LOL

That kinda was a given, the mutuality of that angle..
Aint trying to gimp noone here.

Ive already said what I believe Yoda's best bets to be, and that generally Xavier would win.
So I see his not being a force user as a lesser/side issue.

Dr Will Hatch
My guess is that by episode 4, it will actually be just Obi Wan and Yoda...
I bet that the live action series'll show a quite a few Jedi getting taken out. Helping bridge the gap you speak of.

Anakin and Palpatine wont know about Yoda, and they both assume Kenobi died until Kenobi turns up on the Death Star... Well I meant that the galaxy at large has mysteriously forgotten about Jedi even though they were on the evening news every night during the Clone Wars. 20 years is nothing, there is no other explanation but mass brainwashing.

Robtard
LOL

That kinda was a given, the mutuality of that angle..
Aint trying to gimp noone here.

Ive already said what I believe Yoda's best bets to be, and that generally Xavier would win.
So I see his not being a force user as a lesser/side issue.

Wasn't trying to shit on you, sorry if you took it that way, my bad.

Just gets tiring constantly debating the SW people (not you) when they're unable to stick to basic forum rules, ie "seen in the movies".

Sadako of Girth
Hey no probs.

I understand.

EU has overinflated/damaged the perception of Jedi capability in the mind of the populous, it would seem. wink

If movie Yoda was as is in the Clone Wars cartoon they first put out, I could understand a lot of the assertions. But as he isnt... I guess I cant.

Dr Will Hatch
Hey no probs.

I understand.

EU has overinflated/damaged the perception of Jedi capability in the mind of the populous without a doubt, it would seem. wink No it hasn't, it expands upon what is in the movies. Many Force powers can't be properly shown or explained on film because it would ruin the pacing of the film, or the tech wasn't there at the time.

Robtard
No it hasn't, it expands upon what is in the movies. Many Force powers can't be properly shown or explained on film because it would ruin the pacing of the film, or the tech wasn't there at the time.

That's just a silly excuse, Ep 1-3 was loaded with top-grade CGI.

Sadako of Girth
Elaborate...?

Besides which, if Yoda could any of that stuff he did to the droid landing craft attacking Coruscant in the last parts of vol 2 of Clone Wars,
he'd never have lost the fight to the emporer.

Would Mace Windu have lost to the Emporer if he was as powerful as he was depicted in the Dantooine episode of the clone wars...? Nope.
Now dont get me wrong. I love all that, its very very cool.

But is it anything like exhibited by Yoda in the movies...? no.

Final Blaxican
Wasn't trying to shit on you, sorry if you took it that way, my bad.

Just gets tiring constantly debating the SW people (not you) when they're unable to stick to basic forum rules, ie "seen in the movies".

jinXed by JaNx
So why are we discussing the lightsaber? iirc Yoda has never showed that he was capable of lifting, activating and directing the saber towards a opponent using only the force

I don't know man. I think it's safe to assume that he can if he wanted to. He can lift massive objects and hurl them like a ball.

Utrigita
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't know man. I think it's safe to assume that he can if he wanted to. He can lift massive objects and hurl them like a ball.

I recall that it required deep concentration on his part to stop the crane falling down on Obi Wan and Anakin, the X wing lift also required deep concentration, in both instances he used his hands as a way to help himself better direct the force, what you are suggeting Yoda doing is something that would require immense concentration see as how the lightsaber is manipulated far away and Yoda wouldn't have the option of using his hands to better guide the blade. But it would pretty much all be speculation see as how Yoda has never done it, a Force Push like he gave Sideous in Rots would imo be a better option, though I don't think it will break Xaviers concentration.

Sadako of Girth
A lucid post. smile However...
What about the prospect of being heavily, heavily concussed after being slammed headfirst into a wall...? I would have thought that'd be messing anyone up, if their brains was scraped up the wall...

Utrigita
Xavier showed that he could hold his concentration, first when Storm was freezing the Air around Xavier and the other guy, secondly he is seen holding his concentration while Phoenix was slowly beginning to disintegrate him...

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough then.. That would be impressive but did he disintegrate head first...? Its been since it came out since I last saw part 3. smile

Utrigita
Fair enough then.. That would be impressive but did he disintegrate head first...? Its been since it came out since I last saw part 3. smile

No but since the head registre all pain applied to the body and that his body was being disintegrated well... and seeing as how Xavier would likely be in his wheel chair, he would most likely been blown back while being seated in that smile

Sadako of Girth
Ok. In that case, I would still see room for argument that without a head, Xavier might lose....

But unless Yoda decapitates him on first strike, Xavier uses the little green one as ass-absorbant toilet paper.

Thanks. smile

Ultimate Wil
GO YODA

Blaarphengaar
Yoda wins

Theres no way prof x can overtake the force

Impediment
Sorry, but, no.

The Prof wins.

the ninjak
This one got away from me. Xavier rips Yodas head up!

I'm sorry, but Xavier can use his power from distances. And completely control a man through astral projection/manipulation.

Yoda needed to give commands or wave his palm to influence the Force.
The second this fight starts Xavier mind freezes Yoda. Eliminating such motions and basic gestures.

I think Xavier even in film is on another level.

Impediment
As long as people are reviving old ass threads...............

Boom! Here's one of mine.

relentless1
this fight all boils down to how much of a fight can Yodas mind put up against Xavier? I mean you have to think that with all that deep meditation and use of the Force that he could at least repel some mental attacks ?

Mindset
Xavier gets out of his wheelchair and kicks some ass.

EmperorSidious2

You should have made it speciffacly a telepathic battle like just said only telepathy

StealthRanger
If you're making it a telepathy battle Xavier automatically wins

All out, both can easily take out the other, depends on who does what first

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by StealthRanger
If you're making it a telepathy battle Xavier automatically wins

All out, both can easily take out the other, depends on who does what first

True however one could argue that since Proffessor x focuses only on his telepathic abilities and yoda places focus on only one thing Proffesor x should win due to him specializing in that only one area

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.