Batman vs. Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Batman has home field advantage. The fight is in Gotham City.

Slave 1 is not present for the fight. Fett (from Empire) has all of his weapons and jet pack.

Batman (from The Dark Knight) has all of his weapons and the Batpod.

Can the Caped Crusader hold his own against the badass bounty hunter?

Impediment
I just realized something:

Boba Fett was beaten by Mark Hamill (as Luke Skywalker) but Batman has trounced Mark Hamill (as the voice of the Joker in The Animated series) many times.

NonSensi-Klown
Movie Boba Loses because he hasn't done anything...

BruceSkywalker
Batman easy..

He has home field advantage and I agree with Blax..

ragesRemorse
Boba Fett has lasers...,Batman dies hard

NonSensi-Klown
... how are lasers any difference than bullets? They're actually less affective ebcause the bolt cauterizes whatever it hits, meaning you won't bleed to death.

Impediment
Boba Fett has a jet pack and lasers, not to mention some really high tech shit in his arsenal.

Batman is a ninja, more or less, and could hide. But doesn't Fett have some kinda thermal visor shit like Predator does?

Robtard
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
... how are lasers any difference than bullets? They're actually less affective ebcause the bolt cauterizes whatever it hits, meaning you won't bleed to death.

SW lasers also travel at insanely slow speeds as compared to bullets.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
I just realized something:

Boba Fett was beaten by Mark Hamill (as Luke Skywalker) but Batman has trounced Mark Hamill (as the voice of the Joker in The Animated series) many times. If it hadn't been for Han Solo's lucky swipe with that amphistaff, Luke would be dead.

steverules
Fett...movie fett has taken down many jedi (not on screen ofc) and those jedi woulda kicked Batmans ass so I think Fett would take this one.

Robtard
Boba is greater than Jedi of Luke's caliber? What about all those force abilites I kept hearing about that make Jedi superior to all other non-force users?

Rogue Jedi
Boba Fett has a jet pack and lasers, not to mention some really high tech shit in his arsenal.

Batman is a ninja, more or less, and could hide. But doesn't Fett have some kinda thermal visor shit like Predator does?

http://sw1mush.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

HELMET:

His helmet recorded video and played it back on command, dispensed water, picked up on minute sounds and amplified them and could connect with the onboard computer of Slave I, assuming the transmission wasn't blocked (by being underground inside the sarlacc for example.) Fett can control weapons, sensors, and his jet pack with verbal commands. The environmental filter system could filter out poisons and contaminants as well as provide Fett with a two hour reserve air tank. The helmet's broad band antenna was capable of intercepting and unscrambling comlink and starship comm transmissions. A macrobinocular viewplate with infrared scanner magnifies up to 50 times. The infrared scanner magnifies light up to 100 times or displays heat gradations. At the top of the antenna was a rangefinder capable of tracking up to 30 targets from a distance of 100 meters. The rangefinder feeds data to a display overlay inside the helmet showing range and movement for targets in 360 degree radius. The overlay also links to Fett's weapons systems to display fire vector and range data.

ARMOR

His armor was constructed from durablast, allowing it to sustain a great deal of damage without degrading. His armor also had two shoulder pads which were orange (like his kneepads). The left shoulder pad exhibited the Mandalorian skull logo, while his right chest plate displayed an emblem of unknown origin.

Fett wore a power armor liner. This liner shirt had a micro energy field projector and two layers of thin ceramic plates, in order to disperses physical and blast impacts, reducing injuries and likelihood of knockdowns. The power liner also gave him increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold. His main clothing was a reinforced armor mesh battle suit/flight suit. The inner lining of the suit blocked poisons and corrosives for a period of time. This suit had pockets on his hips and thighs (one on each side).

Fett wore a leather utility belt that usually had ten leather pouches (but sometimes less). Below this he wore a Journeyman Protector honor sash. Attached to his right shoulder were three braided wookiee scalps. The battle/flight suit had pockets on his shins which contained an anti-security blade, a survival knife, a jet-pack adjustment tool, and a sonic-beam weapon. Fett wore spats around his ankles to help prevent debris from going into his boots.

Fett wore a pair of versatile boots that had two spikes attached to the front of each.

ROCKET/JETPACK

Fett wore a Mitrinom Z-6 Jetpack. The fuel tank held enough fuel for one minute of continuous operation (20 three-second blasts). Each three second blast moved Fett up to 100 meters horizontally or 7 meters vertically. Fett could reach a top speed of 145 kilometers per hour with a maximum range of two kilometers. Directional thrusters featured gyro-stabilizers to apply counterthrust for manuevering and landing.

The top of the jet pack had a turbo-projected magnetic grappling hook with 20-meter lanyard (replaceable with 100 meters). A winch inside the launcher could lift up to 100 kilograms. The grappling hook unit was replacable with an anti-vehicle homing missile.

WEAPONRY

Fett's main weapon was his EE-3 Carbine rifle, more powerful then a stormtrooper's blaster. It was outfitted with a scope for sniping and a fast draw shoulder sling. A later version of the EE-3 had hand grips going lengthwise down the barrel.

Boba Fett used two different sidearms during his time as a bounty hunter. The first was a standard blaster pistol similar to those used by Bespin's Cloud City security force. The other sidearm was a concussion grenade launcher that included a short shoulder stock for stability and accuracy when firing. Fett kept these smaller guns in a holster on his right hip though didn't equip both sidearms at the same time.

Boba Fett's wrist gauntlets were a mounting point for many of his weapons. His left gauntlet had a Czerka ZX miniature flame projector, which creates a cone of fire five meters long and one meter in diameter. Directly below this was the BlasTech Dur-24 wrist laser. Comparable to a blaster rifle in power, these wrist lasers had a range of 50 meters. Originally exposed, a protective shield was later added to the right gauntlet enclosing and concealing both weapons. A corded fuel line connects to a backpack canister holding fuel for three minutes of operation. Fett's left gauntlet also had a Kelvarex Consolidated Arms MM9 mini concussion rocket, which utilized computer target tracking. Fett used Type-12A anti-personnel rockets, Type-12B stun rockets, and Merr Soww 1126 rockets.

Boba Fett's mini-concussion grenade launcher. Fett's right gauntlet had a Fibercord Whip with a grappling device: a 20-meter-long fibercord whip used to entangle and immobilize a target.

Fett also had knee pads with rocket dart launchers. These small launchers used Malkite Them Far or FEX-M3, molecular acid, stun agents, or explosive tips.

Impediment
So, gadget-wise, Fett has this.

What about fisticuffs?

Rogue Jedi
Batman kills Boba h2h. But what are the odds of it becoming a h2h battle?

Impediment
Batman, by Boba Fett's standards, has primitive technology. What good can a Batarang do against a laser blast, you ask? Even the simplest of tactics can be the best.

Bada's Palin
Bobba Fett.

Borders to spite.

Rogue Jedi
Batman, by Boba Fett's standards, has primitive technology. What good can a Batarang do against a laser blast, you ask? Even the simplest of tactics can be the best. Batman would be better off on foot, Boba can use his targeting system to blow the Batpod to pieces.

Impediment
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Bobba Fett.

Borders to spite.

Care to explain?

Bada's Palin
Care to explain?

I don't believe that movie batman has anything that can actually wound Bobba Fett. After all, the sarlakk pit didn't kill him.

Impediment
I meant the "borders to spite" comment. You lost me.

Rogue Jedi
Same.

NonSensi-Klown
I don't believe that movie batman has anything that can actually wound Bobba Fett. After all, the sarlakk pit didn't kill him.

yes it did.

Outside of EU, in GL's universe, Boba Fett died in the Sarlaac.

WrathfulDwarf
Batman has home field advantage. The fight is in Gotham City.

I'd go with Batman since he is in his turf.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'd go with Batman since he is in his turf. Don't forget the Batkick....BOOYAH!!! eek!

ragesRemorse

dude, it's lasers....

NonSensi-Klown
... so?

Rogue Jedi
A laser bolt will indeed cauterize a wound, but the damage will still be done.

NonSensi-Klown
Right, but unless the bolt hits a vital spot you won't die, whereas if you're shot in the thigh with a bullet you can end up bleeding to death. Hence, bullets are technically superior.

ragesRemorse
well it depends on the laser. Good Lasers pierce steel. Boba is a great Bounty Hunter so im sure he gots some of them good lasers.

Rogue Jedi
Right, but unless the bolt hits a vital spot you won't die, whereas if you're shot in the thigh with a bullet you can end up bleeding to death. Hence, bullets are technically superior. Bullets cant pierce Bat armor. wink

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Don't forget the Batkick....BOOYAH!!! eek!

Exactly! cool

Robtard
Bullets cant pierce Bat armor. wink

If you watched the movie(s), the Batsuit isn't completely imprevious, a direct knife-blow can get through. Which really only speaks well of Batman's uberness, as he ****ing dodges bullets.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
If you watched the movie(s), the Batsuit isn't completely imprevious, a direct knife-blow can get through. Which really only speaks well of Batman's uberness, as he ****ing dodges bullets. But bullets will sometimes glance off, like a deflecting blow, whereas a blaster bolt will burn through.

NonSensi-Klown
Morrigan freeman amde it a point to point out that Batman's new armor was lighter but couldn't take bullets anymore. It sacrificed armor for speed.

You missed my point.

Robtard
But bullets will sometimes glance off, like a deflecting blow, whereas a blaster bolt will burn through.

If it can't absorb a direct knife blow, the only bullets that will deflect off are ones that would have just grazed him anyways. Face it, Batman is just that much a total bad-ass, he also has far more bad-assery feats-wise than Boba in the movies.

Ergo, Batman wins this via uber bad-ass'ness from a movie standpoint. Then again, Batman in the comics is nigh-unstoppable.

Rogue Jedi
If it can't absorb a direct knife blow, the only bullets that will deflect off are ones that would have just grazed him anyways. Face it, Batman is just that much a total bad-ass, he also has far more bad-assery feats-wise than Boba in the movies.

Ergo, Batman wins this via uber bad-ass'ness from a movie standpoint. Then again, Batman in the comics is nigh-unstoppable.

Translation: Batman wins just cuz he's Batman.

Robtard
Translation: Batman wins just cuz he's Batman.

No, Batman wins because he's shown far more skill and bad-ass'ness than Boba Fett has in their respective movies. I'm sure Boba is a complete beast in the comics and novels, but this is a movies Vs fight. But if we bring in the written word, Batman is virtually unstoppable and he has far more literature to draw feats from.

All Boba managed to do was get his ass ungraciously tossed into a giant spiny-toothed butthole in the desert.

Bardock42
Boba didn't show much. But his weaponry is far above anything Batman has and he is Jango's clone, presumably better than him actually. It's not really callable due to little airtime of Boba, but I still lean towards him.

If we include comics, it becomes even more hard to call, since they both are unbelievably much better in the comics they are in. Though, again, with an equal start, I lean towards Boba.

Robtard
Batman has evaded gun fire while kicking ass on more than one occasion in the movies, so it stand t reason he can evade Boba's lazer fire, which for some unknown/illogical reason, SW lasers travel much slower than bullets, but it is what it is.

Edit: What are Boba's movies weapons? All I recall is the jumpjet-pack, his laser pistol and that wrist grappel. Which aren't above Batman's skills to counter.

Bardock42
Batman has evaded gun fire while kicking ass on more than one occasion in the movies, so it stand t reason he can evade Boba's lazer fire, which for some unknown/illogical reason, SW lasers travel much slower than bullets, but it is what it is.

Edit: What are Boba's movies weapons? All I recall is the jumpjet-pack, his laser pistol and that wrist grappel. Which aren't above Batman's skills to counter. There's also the rocket on his back. Which I would worry about most if I was Batman.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
There's also the rocket on his back. Which I would worry about most if I was Batman.

Unless that thing has a considerable amount of yield, Batman has shown to have the speed and skill to quickly Bat-grapple the **** out of a given danger zone and into safety.

Rogue Jedi
Boba didn't show much. But his weaponry is far above anything Batman has and he is Jango's clone, presumably better than him actually. It's not really callable due to little airtime of Boba, but I still lean towards him.

If we include comics, it becomes even more hard to call, since they both are unbelievably much better in the comics they are in. Though, again, with an equal start, I lean towards Boba. Boba didn't show much, agreed, but he IS the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, that in itself speaks voulmes.

Bardock42
Boba didn't show much, agreed, but he IS the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, that in itself speaks voulmes. Not really. No.

Robtard
Boba didn't show much, agreed, but he IS the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, that in itself speaks voulmes.

While Batman's visible feats scream.

But if we're going on hype alone, Batman is literally unstoppable.

Rogue Jedi
Now Batman is unstoppable?

Robtard
Now Batman is unstoppable?

If we're going on the grounds that hype about a character translate to a valid feat, yes, he is unstoppable.

Do you want to go there, or shall we stick to what is shown to us in the movies?

Rogue Jedi
You are also overlooking Fett's technology, the fact that he can go airborne any time Batman gets close, hell, his target tracking system in his helmet, linked to his blaster rifle would make me run for the hills.

Bardock42
You are also overlooking Fett's technology, the fact that he can go airborne any time Batman gets close, hell, his target tracking system in his helmet, linked to his blaster rifle would make me run for the hills. We don't know anything about his target tracking system.

Robtard
You are also overlooking Fett's technology, the fact that he can go airborne any time Batman gets close, hell, his target tracking system in his helmet, linked to his blaster rifle would make me run for the hills.

1) What Bardock said.

2) Like I mentioned above, Batman is shown to effectively evade weapons fire, something you overlook.

Rogue Jedi

HELMET:

His helmet recorded video and played it back on command, dispensed water, picked up on minute sounds and amplified them and could connect with the onboard computer of Slave I, assuming the transmission wasn't blocked (by being underground inside the sarlacc for example.) Fett can control weapons, sensors, and his jet pack with verbal commands. The environmental filter system could filter out poisons and contaminants as well as provide Fett with a two hour reserve air tank. The helmet's broad band antenna was capable of intercepting and unscrambling comlink and starship comm transmissions. A macrobinocular viewplate with infrared scanner magnifies up to 50 times. The infrared scanner magnifies light up to 100 times or displays heat gradations. At the top of the antenna was a rangefinder capable of tracking up to 30 targets from a distance of 100 meters. The rangefinder feeds data to a display overlay inside the helmet showing range and movement for targets in 360 degree radius. The overlay also links to Fett's weapons systems to display fire vector and range data.

Robtard
Doesn't he shoot and miss in ROTJ or maybe ESB?

Rogue Jedi
Doesn't he shoot and miss in ROTJ or maybe ESB? Does Batman connect with every punch? With every Batarang thrown?

Bardock42

HELMET:

His helmet recorded video and played it back on command, dispensed water, picked up on minute sounds and amplified them and could connect with the onboard computer of Slave I, assuming the transmission wasn't blocked (by being underground inside the sarlacc for example.) Fett can control weapons, sensors, and his jet pack with verbal commands. The environmental filter system could filter out poisons and contaminants as well as provide Fett with a two hour reserve air tank. The helmet's broad band antenna was capable of intercepting and unscrambling comlink and starship comm transmissions. A macrobinocular viewplate with infrared scanner magnifies up to 50 times. The infrared scanner magnifies light up to 100 times or displays heat gradations. At the top of the antenna was a rangefinder capable of tracking up to 30 targets from a distance of 100 meters. The rangefinder feeds data to a display overlay inside the helmet showing range and movement for targets in 360 degree radius. The overlay also links to Fett's weapons systems to display fire vector and range data. Non-movie-canon.

Robtard
Does Batman connect with every punch? With every Batarang thrown?

So Boba did miss, right?

With the exception of his training stages in BB, I think Batman doesn't, could be wrong, but I don't recall him missing.

Here's some food for though, if we take Batman's onscreen feats and place him on the sand-barge, do you think he would have been beaten so ungraciously by a blind-guy with a stick?

Face it, Boba on screen is basically a dud, even his claim of "the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy" is shown to just be hype, if he was really that bad-ass, the Empire wouldn't have hired IG-88, Bossk and all those other bounty hunters.

Now Jango, he did some kick-ass shit on screen and lived up to the hype; that would be a better match for the Batman.

ragesRemorse

You missed my point.

yes, i did...,purposely so wink

Rogue Jedi
So Boba did miss, right?

With the exception of his training stages in BB, I think Batman doesn't, could be wrong, but I don't recall him missing.

Here's some food for though, if we take Batman's onscreen feats and place him on the sand-barge, do you think he would have been beaten so ungracioysly by a blind-guy with a stick?

Face it, Boba on screen is basically a dud, even his claim of "the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy" is shown to just be hype, if he was really that bad-ass, the Empire wouldn't have hired IG-88, Bossk and all those other bounty hunters.

Now Jango, he did some kick-ass shit on screen and lived up to the hype, that would be a better match for the Batman. Yeah I am gonna call bullshit to Batman never missing.

Han didnt "beat" Boba. Han was a non threat to him, he as blind. Boba was on the verge of killing Luke, and surely would have if Han hadnt hit the lottery and engaged Boba's jetpack.

The othet bounty hunters were hired in case Boba failed, which he didn't.

Jango Fett against Batman? crylaugh

Robtard
Yeah I am gonna call bullshit to Batman never missing.

Han didnt "beat" Boba. Han was a non threat to him, he as blind. Boba was on the verge of killing Luke, and surely would have if Han hadnt hit the lottery and engaged Boba's jetpack.

The othet bounty hunters were hired in case Boba failed, which he didn't.

Jango Fett against Batman? crylaugh

Well, like I said, I don't recall him ever missing when he throws a batarang, possible, but I don't think it's in the movie. Unlike Boba's missing with his little laser, which I believe is in the films.(?)

Still, comparing Batman's feats, he wouldn't have been caught off guard by a blind-man with a stick.

Why try, the fact that they were there "speaks volumes" about him not being such a bad-ass, as the hype makes him to be.

That would be a much better match, as we factually see how lethal and skilled Jango is, I'd also lean heavily on Jango winning.

Glad we both agree that Boba, with his lack iof feats and pathetic death onscreen wouldn't beat the Batman.

Rogue Jedi
Well, like I said, I don't recall him ever missing when he throws a batarang, possible, but I don't think it's in the movie. Unlike Boba's missing with his little laser, which I believe is in the films.(?)

Still, comparing Batman's feats, he wouldn't have been caught off guard by a blind-man with a stick.

Why try, the fact that they were there "speaks volumes" about him not being such a bad-ass, as the hype makes him to be.

That would be a much better match, as we factually see how lethal and skilled Jango is, I'd also lean heavily on Jango winning.

Glad we both agree that Boba, with his lack iof feats and pathetic death onscreen wouldn't beat the Batman. I never agreed Boba would lose, did I? wink

Robtard
I never agreed Boba would lose, did I? wink

I don't expect you to openly admit it, but you already agreed that Boba didn't do much on screen and had to rely on non-movie feats to even try and match Batman on film. So ya, you basically did.

I watched the sarlacc pit scene on youtube, Boba was nothing but a chump. Luke cuts his pistol in half and knocks him down, he rope-grapples Luke while he's distracted, Like escapes, Boba shoots and misses Luke while Luke's busy fighting several guys and then finally gets beaten by a blind-man while taking aim at another shot at Luke.

Rogue Jedi
I don't expect you to openly admit it, but you already agreed that Boba didn't do much on screen and had to rely on non-movie feats to even try and match Batman on film. So ya, you basically did.

I watched the sarlacc pit scene on youtube, Boba was nothing but a chump. Luke cuts his pistol in half and knocks him down, he rope-grapples Luke while he's distracted, Like escapes, Boba shoots and misses Luke while Luke's busy fighting several guys and then finally gets beaten by a blind-man while taking aim at another shot at Luke. Dude Luke was a JEDI. Batman is nothing compared to Luke.

Robtard
Dude Luke was a JEDI. Batman is nothing compared to Luke.

Yet he still openly missed a distracted Luke that wasn't that far away and he got jumped and beaten by a blind-man.

Like I said early on, show me something that can even match what Batman did on screen, or just accept that movie Boba is a dud. I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

Rogue Jedi
Yet he still openly missed a distracted Luke that wasn't that far away and he got jumped and beaten by a blind-man.

Like I said early on, show me something that can even match what Batman did on screen, or just accept that movie Boba is a dud. I don't like it either, but it is what it is. Dude everyone makes mistakes. So Boba is not infallible. Batman got pwned by two face in Batman Forever (the first one with Chris ODonnell) and would have died if it weren't for Robin. Didn't the Joker beat him to shit in TDK?

Placidity
Wait what, when did Bats get pwned in BF? You talking about how Bats jumps from the top of a building into the trap?

Rogue Jedi
I haven't seen TDK, but I heard Batman gets beaten up by Joker.

ragesRemorse
Joker never outfought Batman. He had short-lived advantage at the end but only because he had attack dogs helping him.

Rogue Jedi
well I was given false info dammit!!!

Bada's Palin
Let's see.

Batman got ****ed up by dogs, TWICE.

Boba Fett missed Luke once? Oh wow....

Rogue Jedi
Indeed haermm

Bardock42
Let's see.

Boba Fett missed Luke once? Oh wow.... When we say ****ed up, we do realize that he ****ed them up then proceeded to jump 3 stories on a driving car.

We also realize that the other time he flew from a nearby skyscraper to another where he proceeded to beat 15 Terrorists and 10 SWAT people after quite a rough landing, then got attacked by wild dogs, which, again, he beat, while at the same time being attacked by a relative good fighter with a crowbar who he also could subdue, and could only be "overpowered" if you can even say that, because of a malfunction in his non-standard equipment.

Right? That's what we realize, we don't pretend it's different because we are Star Wars fanboys (especially if we haven't seen TDK), right?

Master Crimzon
RJ, thou have no seen IN TDK? DIE!!!1!!1!

Seriously, though. The moment Boba spots Batman- if Batman isn't punching his ass by then- Batman is dead through a mixture of rockets, lasers, and flames. Batman would have to be extremely smart, and make good use of his gadgets in order to remain in the shadows, use the territorial advantage and possibly disarm Boba. The moment it's H2H, Boba's life comes into a painful, painful end.

Rogue Jedi
Thats the thing, Boba would stay airborne and avoid h2h.

Robtard
Let's see.

Boba Fett missed Luke once? Oh wow....

I was going to respond, but Bardock42 already showed how foolish your post is.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Batman would have to be extremely smart, and make good use of his gadgets in order to remain in the shadows, use the territorial advantage and possibly disarm Boba.

Then it's mighty fortunate for Boba Fett that Batman is a lumbering fool who is as adept at using his own gadgets and environment as a blind man doing brain surgery with a chainsaw.

Because he's most definitely not extremely smart and able to make use of his gadgets and environment, like you said he'd have to be.

Some people...

-AC

Robtard
Thats the thing, Boba would stay airborne and avoid h2h.

Why would he, is this his standard tactic? Or are you just assuming Boba knows how outclassed he is and is going to keep away?

Either way, this is a city fight; Batman's home at that, there are countless tall buildings, alleys etc to use as cover and sneak attack points. Likely, Boba is not going to be able to play 'stay out of range' forever, the pussy.

Feat-wise, Boba has nothing on the Bababababaaaba-Batman. <--- you know this to be true.

Rogue Jedi
Why would he, is this his standard tactic? Or are you just assuming Boba knows how outclassed he is and is going to keep away?

Either way, this is a city fight; Batman's home at that, there are countless tall buildings, alleys etc to use as cover and sneak attack points. Likely, Boba is not going to be able to play 'stay out of range' forever, the pussy.

Feat-wise, Boba has nothing on the Bababababaaaba-Batman. <--- you know this to be true. Boba knows he is toast if it goes h2h. He will blast away with his rifle and pour rockets and flame upon Batman, and, when Batman gets close, off Boba flies, STILL blasting away. This is NOT a strict h2h battle, it's anything goes, man. Weaponry included. And Boba has WAY too much weaponry for Batman to deal with.

Alpha Centauri
Boba knows he is toast if it goes h2h. He will blast away with his rifle and pour rockets and flame upon Batman, and, when Batman gets close, off Boba flies, STILL blasting away. This is NOT a strict h2h battle, it's anything goes, man. Weaponry included. And Boba has WAY too much weaponry for Batman to deal with.

Firstly, he's a man, not a Gundam. He's not going to be jetpacking around with an arsenal in his pocket. Realistically he's going to have a few weapons.

Secondly, why is he going to definitely fly around hitting Batman with everything successfully, and as soon as Batman tries, off he flies? Do you just decide that yourself without thinking?

It's Gotham City, Batman isn't likely to be standing in the middle of the street without cover.

-AC

Robtard
Boba knows he is toast if it goes h2h. He will blast away with his rifle and pour rockets and flame upon Batman, and, when Batman gets close, off Boba flies, STILL blasting away. This is NOT a strict h2h battle, it's anything goes, man. Weaponry included. And Boba has WAY too much weaponry for Batman to deal with.

Na, you're completely boosting Boba, while taking a standpoint that Batman is just a moron you'd run openly towards a guy who has both a pistol and or rifle and a jetpack.

1) Batman would use the the city to his advantage, he is shown repeatedly to do this.
2) Batman has ranged weapons, the batarang and grapples may not travel as far as a lazer blast, but they have range too.
3) You have yet to bring up one viable feat that would sway the battle towards Boba and your arguments consist basically of "Boba has more gear, he wins, because I like him better."

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Firstly, he's a man, not a Gundam. He's not going to be jetpacking around with an arsenal in his pocket. Realistically he's going to have a few weapons.

Secondly, why is he going to definitely fly around hitting Batman with everything successfully, and as soon as Batman tries, off he flies? Do you just decide that yourself without thinking?

It's Gotham City, Batman isn't likely to be standing in the middle of the street without cover.

-AC Research Boba's weaponry. He has alot more than a blaster rifle.

Boba will know Batman is vastly superior h2h, he will not be an idiot and engage that way.

NonSensi-Klown
Research Boba's weaponry. He has alot more than a blaster rifle.

Not in the movie he doesn't.

Rogue Jedi
OK, lets break it down. List the weaponry Boba is seen using, and vice versa for Batman.

Robtard
OK, lets break it down. List the weaponry Boba is seen using, and vice versa for Batman.

Batman has the Batpod in this; it has what looks like twin .50 cal machine guns and some form of missile or RPG launcher.

On his person, he has has his batarangs, forearm spikes, grappling hooks, explosives strong enough to blow a man-sized hole in a brick wall and that device he used to summon a swarm of bats. He might have more, can't remember, that's more than enough when you combine that with his feats.

Feat-wise, he kicked the LOS ninja-clan's ass, he took out a SWAT team, three attack dogs, multiple armed and unarmed gangster/hired muscle. He also performed varies feats of skilled acrobatics.

What did Boba do? He got knocked down on his ass, missed a distracted Luke at fairly close range and got surprise-attacked and owned by a blind-man. Seriously RJ, just swallow your SW fanboy pride and accept that on screen, Boba is a dud. Besides, you'll always have Jango, he actully did something worthwhile.

Edit: I forgot his cowl, it has imaging capabilites built in.

Rogue Jedi
So Boba's helmet is just that? A helmet? We ignore all the tech gear he has installed in it? And you accuse ME of gimping.

Robtard
So Boba's helmet is just that? A helmet? We ignore all the tech gear he has installed in it? And you accuse ME of gimping.

WTF is wrong with you, stop being a senseless clown, seriously, it isn't cool. You asked someone to make a list; I made one for Batman. Go ahead and make one for Boba.

Besides, what I said about Batman's cowl, was shown in the movie; it's movie-canon. Can you say the same for Boba's helm?

Boba is nothing in the movie; YOU KNOW THIS. I'm sure in the books you've read, he's formidable, but those don't count. Besides, like I told you before, Batman has far more feats to draw from in literature.

Rogue Jedi
Nothing, right. Only the most feared Bounty Hunter in the galaxy, That's all. Yeah, a pushover roll eyes (sarcastic)

The fact that Boba has a Jet pack and can take off whenever he wants, poruing blaster fire, flame and rockets and God knows what else on Batman is all the edge he needs.

Batman can glide, sure, but he can't just take off like a bird, can he?

NonSensi-Klown
Boba never used a flame thrower in the movie, or a rocket.

Rogue Jedi
Boba never used a flame thrower in the movie, or a rocket. haermm He had the same gear as his father had man. Same gauntlets and everything, it's IMPLIED. But if you choose to ignore the obvious to help argue for Batman, go right ahead.

Placidity
Someone doesn't get the concept of canonicity...

NonSensi-Klown
haermm He had the same gear as his father had man. Same gauntlets and everything, it's IMPLIED. But if you choose to ignore the obvious to help argue for Batman, go right ahead.

This coming from the man who thought it nonsensical for Sideous to have his lighsaber in a fight.

Rogue Jedi
This coming from the man who thought it nonsensical for Sideous to have his lighsaber in a fight. Because the thread starter didnt specify whether or not Sidious had a saber or not.

Bardock42
Boba never used a flame thrower in the movie, or a rocket. I agree with the flamethrower. I think it is pretty evident that he has a Rocket on his standard gear, though. I guess if we go by what we seen in the movie he can't use anything but his blaster and the Jetpack only as a sort of jumpiing device.

Also, just realized he has the Batpod...I think I'd rather call it in favour of Batman. Especially if we just take what Boba specifically did on screen (which is unfair of course...but hard to judge otherwise)

Rogue Jedi
I agree with the flamethrower. I think it is pretty evident that he has a Rocket on his standard gear, though. I guess if we go by what we seen in the movie he can't use anything but his blaster and the Jetpack only as a sort of jumpiing device.

Also, just realized he has the Batpod...I think I'd rather call it in favour of Batman. Especially if we just take what Boba specifically did on screen (which is unfair of course...but hard to judge otherwise) Boba made ONE mistake, he turned his back on a blind man. People need to stop saying "Han pwned Boba!!!" Cuz he DIDN'T. Mistakes are made in a fight/battle all the time. Batman DID get pwned by Two Face, and had to rely on ROBIN to save him, remember?

Boba had three threats. A Jedi, a blind Corellian, and a bound Wookkie. He focused on the most dangerous one, as he should have. If it hadn't been for Han being lucky enough to engage Boba's jet pack, he, Chewie and Luke would have been toast.

Boba has the same standard gear as Jango, heavily modified. Yes, he has a flamethrower, you can see the gas line running down his left arm. To ignore this is lunacy.

And so what if Batman has the Batpod? Boba would blow it to shit from the sky before it became a factor. It would be far more interesting to give Batman the Batjet.

Bardock42
Boba made ONE mistake, he turned his back on a blind man. People need to stop saying "Han pwned Boba!!!" Cuz he DIDN'T. Mistakes are made in a fight/battle all the time. Batman DID get pwned by Two Face, and had to rely on ROBIN to save him, remember?

True, I didn't bring that up though. Try focussing on my points in replies to me, please.

Boba had three threats. A Jedi, a blind Corellian, and a bound Wookkie. He focused on the most dangerous one, as he should have. If it hadn't been for Han being lucky enough to engage Boba's jet pack, he, Chewie and Luke would have been toast.

Well you can't prove that with only the movie. As everyone points out, Boba's movie performances are slim at best. Also, lets be fair here, he got subdued, then Luke attacked others and Boba after getting up tried to shoot him from the first platform totally exposing his back to Han Solo and Chewbacca. "Luke would have been toast" is absolute nonsense compared to what we actually saw.

Boba has the same standard gear as Jango, heavily modified. Yes, he has a flamethrower, you can see the gas line running down his left arm. To ignore this is lunacy.

Doesn't say so in the movie. We only see him have blasters, jetpack and a rope.
And so what if Batman has the Batpod? Boba would blow it to shit from the sky before it became a factor. It would be far more interesting to give Batman the Batjet.

Where, in the movies, is Boba shown being able to easily take out and blow up something as fast and armored as the batpod?

You can't just say those things, you need to provide evidence.

Rogue Jedi
True, I didn't bring that up though. Try focussing on my points in replies to me, please.

Well you can't prove that with only the movie. As everyone points out, Boba's movie performances are slim at best. Also, lets be fair here, he got subdued, then Luke attacked others and Boba after getting up tried to shoot him from the first platform totally exposing his back to Han Solo and Chewbacca. "Luke would have been toast" is absolute nonsense compared to what we actually saw.

Doesn't say so in the movie. We only see him have blasters, jetpack and a rope.

Where, in the movies, is Boba shown being able to easily take out and blow up something as fast and armored as the batpod?

You can't just say those things, you need to provide evidence.

So if we see the hilt of a knife sticking out of his pocket, and it's obvious it's a knife, but we don't see him USING it, it doesn't count?

Yes, Luke would have been toast. He was battling several skiff guards while Boba took aim and fired on him. A few seconds more and Luke would have been a goner.

"Most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy".......What does this mean to you? It tells me he is the best at what he does. Obviously since he is the best, he is surely quite adept at using his equipment.

The Batjet was taken out by the Joker with a PISTOL, man. A PISTOL. The Batpod would certainly easier to hit and take out than the Batjet.

Bardock42
So if we see the hilt of a knife sticking out of his pocket, and it's obvious it's a knife, but we don't see him USING it, it doesn't count?

Yes, Luke would have been toast. He was battling several skiff guards while Boba took aim and fired on him. A few seconds more and Luke would have been a goner.

"Most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy".......What does this mean to you? It tells me he is the best at what he does. Obviously since he is the best, he is surely quite adept at using his equipment.

The Batjet was taken out by the Joker with a PISTOL, man. A PISTOL. The Batpod would certainly easier to hit and take out than the Batjet. No, but the Flame Thrower tubes could be anything really. You could also argue that we don't know whether that hing on his back is actually a rocket or just the way the Jetpack looks. Either way, I don't mind including those two things, really. Others do object though.

That's how you think it would have gone. Luke might just have evaded it. And even if, what exactly is the great portrayal of skill in shooting a man who has his back on you fighting about 10 others.

This means to me that he is called something. Reputation doesn't make skill. And it doesn't matter in this fight, Batman is called lots of shit, but we don't argue by title, do we?

That's illogical. The Batjet is in a totally different franchise. You should really stop bringing up Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, which were a different franchise, and Impediment specified that he means Batman Begins. On top of that it disregards what we have actually seen the Batpod do, which is certainly more important than what another tool did and judge from that.

Rogue Jedi
No, but the Flame Thrower tubes could be anything really. You could also argue that we don't know whether that hing on his back is actually a rocket or just the way the Jetpack looks. Either way, I don't mind including those two things, really. Others do object though.

That's how you think it would have gone. Luke might just have evaded it. And even if, what exactly is the great portrayal of skill in shooting a man who has his back on you fighting about 10 others.

This means to me that he is called something. Reputation doesn't make skill. And it doesn't matter in this fight, Batman is called lots of shit, but we don't argue by title, do we?

That's illogical. The Batjet is in a totally different franchise. You should really stop bringing up Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, which were a different franchise, and Impediment specified that he means Batman Begins. On top of that it disregards what we have actually seen the Batpod do, which is certainly more important than what another tool did and judge from that.

Man, this is nuts. It's a line running from his Jet Pack to his left gauntlet, what do you think it is? A cappucino mixer? It's a FUEL line. The Jet Pack contains ROCKET FUEL. A line running from his jet pack to his left gauntlet could serve no other purpose than to fuel his flame thrower. It's like once someone mentioned here that the Batmobile in Batman Begins had an armored undercarriage, but that was not mentioned in the movies. Well, the poster looked it up and sure enough, it was stated @ wikipedia that the Batmobile did indeed have an armored undercarriage. Why was that kosher, but a wiki link with Boba Fett's weaponry not kosher?

To attain the title "Most feared Bounty Hunter in the GALAXY" one must be able to kick some serious ass. Being the most feared anything is enough, but the most feared Bounty Hunter? One's reputation is attained through feats one accomplishes, it's quite simple.

OK, so I missed that (the franchise thing you mentioned), just as you missed the Batpod part.

Bardock42
Man, this is nuts. It's a line running from his Jet Pack to his left gauntlet, what do you think it is? A cappucino mixer? It's a FUEL line. The Jet Pack contains ROCKET FUEL. A line running from his jet pack to his left gauntlet could serve no other purpose than to fuel his flame thrower. It's like once someone mentioned here that the Batmobile in Batman Begins had an armored undercarriage, but that was not mentioned in the movies. Well, the poster looked it up and sure enough, it was stated @ wikipedia that the Batmobile did indeed have an armored undercarriage. Why was that kosher, but a wiki link with Boba Fett's weaponry not kosher?

To attain the title "Most feared Bounty Hunter in the GALAXY" one must be able to kick some serious ass. Being the most feared anything is enough, but the most feared Bounty Hunter? One's reputation is attained through feats one accomplishes, it's quite simple.

OK, so I missed that (the franchise thing you mentioned), just as you missed the Batpod part. You argue in "shoulds", "woulds", "it-was-said-about-hims" and "maybes".

Also you argue against my points with things I have no bearing over. I have no idea why another posted argued a way they did and you didn't contend it. Maybe it was before the rule change, maybe they thought this line of reasoning is allowed, how should I know? Could you just focus on what I say, instead of what others said and others argued?

Alpha Centauri
Research Boba's weaponry. He has alot more than a blaster rifle.

Boba will know Batman is vastly superior h2h, he will not be an idiot and engage that way.

1) It's not a matter of what he has used throughout history, just what you seem to think he's going to be carrying with him. He's not a tank.

2) So why are you still assuming Batman is going to be standing in open ground, letting him do all this?

It's in Gotham City and it's Batman. He's not fighting Kimbo Slice in an open parking lot.

But if you choose to ignore the obvious to help argue for Batman, go right ahead.

Like you're not ignoring the obvious for Batman.

-AC

Robtard

The Batjet was taken out by the Joker with a PISTOL, man. A PISTOL. The Batpod would certainly easier to hit and take out than the Batjet.

If you're going to cry and say "that tube has to be a flamethrower", sure, Boba has a flame thrower. On those same grounds of reasoning, then Batman's suit and cape are flame-resistant.

Boba missed Luke; from a close distance. For you to say he would have definitely killed him on his 2nd shot is dishonest. Boba could just as easily missed again.

So having a title is now a greater feat than actually doing something amazing? I've debated from what Batman is factually seen doing, can you do the same for Boba?

Um no, those are two entirely different movies and vehicles. The Batpod is part of the Tumbler; the Tumbler is built almost like a tank. Either way, I doubt Batman would need the Batpod to win this, considering Boba's performance on screen.

Lycanthrope
Robtard "So having a title is now a greater feat than actually doing something amazing? I've debated from what Batman is factually seen doing, can you do the same for Boba?"

I think your reasoning is flawed. If Boba Fett is know throughout the "Galaxy" as the best (Batman known throughout Gotham City) and good enough for Darth Vader to hire, I think that speaks volumes for the amazing feats he must have done.

Robtard
While you can say the hype (and that's all it really is, hype) about him "speaks volumes", what we see him do on screen is a deafening roar. He misses a distracted Luke who wasn't all that far from him and gets surprised-attacked by a blind Solo.

Vader also hired about 7-8 (or was it more?) other guys, that should tell you the kind of confidence he had in the galaxy's 'greatest bounty hunter.'

So is anyone going to bring up some valid feats that can be backed up by the movies about Boba, or are we going to continue this "but, but, but, he's Boba Fett" nonsense?

Lycanthrope
Well he didnt miss Luke his blaster was cut in half. Batman is not a Jedi he cant see things happen before they do. If Fett wanted to he could use Slave 1 to pulverize Batmans Cave to ruble.Lets see Batman climb out of a collapsed mountain rock

Robtard
You don't know what you're talking about, figures. After Luke cut his blaster in half and knocked him on his ass, Boba got up and shot at him with his wrist blaster; he missed and Luke was distracted fighting off 3-4 other guys.

You also can't read. Boba doesn't have his ship in this fight and this fight tales place in Gotham, which I'm fairly certain isn't on top of a mountain.

Ahsoka Tano
Not enough screen time for Boba. Lucas made him look like a chump. The EU makes him look like a champ. My votes for Batman 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.