DC Comics - Have they ever been this good ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about quality. Everything, from my point of view, is exciting, interesting and complex.

Their event Final Crisis, though not liked by some, is one of the most ambitious ones, and is shaping up the be arguably the best one to ever be published, at least by DC. The tie-ins are all awesome, and none of them are there just to raise sales, each of them standing on their own while at the same time connecting to Grant Morrison's whole.

Now, let's take a look at the on-goings.

Batman. Again, in Grant Morrison's style, it's a complex, intriguing, mysterious story, filled with clues and symbolysm that has you guessing until the last issue. For those who actually invested time in this story, it's actually quite rewarding. For those who don't like Grant's type of storytelling, they have Detective Comics written by Paul Dini, another great run.

Superman is currently pretty much the best it has been in years, with Geoff Johns once again showing his talent and love for the characters he's writing. With the New Krypton storyline starting, which features a crossover between Action Comics, Superman and Supergirl, it's a good time to be a Superman fan.

Green Lantern, ever since Geoff Johns has took over, and especially during and after the Sinestro Corps has been all kinds of awesome, enlarging the whole Green Lantern mythos, with the possibilities being seemingly endless.

Justice Society of America is probably the best team-book on the stands, Johns once again proving that he is one of the best writers in the industry, combining the old with the new, and making exciting stories.

And then there is the recently launch of Secret Six who promises to be very good, Wonder Woman probably being the greatest it has been in years, Trinity, Nightwing, Robin and more.

The future is nothing short of spectacular, once Final Crisis concludes, with the Flash: Rebirth mini-series focusing on the newly ressurected Barry Allen and the Flash universe, and then, of course, the highly-anticipated the 'Blackest Night', among others.

srankmissingnin
Everything written by Geoff Johns = Good
Morrison = Batshit crazy for the sake of being batshit crazy
Everything else = Bad or Average

If anything DC is at a low point for quality comics IMO. /shrug

DigiMark007
We have separate threads for nearly all of the story arcs mentioned. I'm happy Philosophia enjoys them, but we don't do threads for soapbox opinions. Thanks, and closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.