Ultron vs. the Destroyer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
Hank Pyms ultimate admantium creation believes he can evolve to a technomagical god if he could only get his hands on Odin's mystical creation. However the Destroyer is currently embodied by Lex Luthor, and should the Destroyer be defeated, Luthor dies. However if Luthor wins, he gets full access to both the Destroyer suit and Ultrons... corpse

They fight in the middle of the Arizona Desert,

AlmightyKfish
Destroyer in 3 seconds.

Mindset
I'm pretty sure anyone in the Destroyer > Ultron

rotiart
I'm 50/50 personally so I created the thread. I mean I remember how Ultron held up against all of the avengers... and adamantium is pretty impervious... so... yah. but if you guys say destroyer wins... i'll go with the crowd. big grin

guy222
destroyer

Priest
Destroyer

tkitna
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Destroyer in 3 seconds.

If that long!

The Illuminati
Definitely The Destroyer!

quanchi112
Destroyer in 3 seconds. It would take at least five seconds you fanboy. stick out tongue

id369
Destroyer

guy222
ultron is tough, but he loses here

Kasper Gutman
Gort i mean Destroyer in just hand to hand combat, wouldn't need to use those "world destroying" blasts of his/her/it.

SoulDevourer
adamantium is indestructible right ?

ultron's made of adamantium and destroyer isn't therefore destroyer is LESS durable than ultron (or not? huh )

normally ultron should win

ultimatethor
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

ultron's made of adamantium and destroyer isn't therefore destroyer is LESS durable than ultron (or not? huh )

Destroyer armour is more durable than admantium and uru plus it has a blast that can wreck adamantium in one shot.

SoulDevourer
ok I forgot Destroyer is mystical so yeah its possible its harder than adamantium smile

but:Originally posted by ultimatethor
plus it has a blast that can wreck adamantium in one shot. thats the thing has there ever been example where a non-cosmic force destroyed adamantium ? confused (eg. an energy blast, a beam weapon or a magic scythe or something like that)

ultimatethor
ok I forgot Destroyer is mystical so yeah its possible its harder than adamantium smile

but:thats the thing has there ever been example where a non-cosmic force destroyed adamantium ? confused (eg. an energy blast, a beam weapon or a magic scythe or something like that)

Well admantium and uru are practically equal durability wise and the destroyers blast can wreck it in one shot. Id assume the same for admantium,

SoulDevourer
enchanted uru is harder than adamantium but I dunno about plain uru

but yeah destroyer beam pwned mjolnir so i guess that's possible

its just that we've never seen conventional weapons damage adamantium. we've seen weapons damage other durable things (even things that can damage adamantium, like perrikus scythe sliced mjolnir which cracked adamantium) but never damage adamantium directly. go fig :/

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Well admantium and uru are practically equal durability wise and the destroyers blast can wreck it in one shot. Id assume the same for admantium,

I am not sure about that. I have never seen primary adamantium damaged ever. Uru has been damaged at least twice that i can recall. When Thor hit Exitar with the God Blast his hammer broke. It was also sliced in half by one of the Dark Gods. As far as Adamantium against magical objects the Black Knights Ebony Blade was unabale to cut Wolverine's claws.

SoulDevourer
Thor hit adamantium with mjolnir (enchanted uru) and made a small dent in it

also hulk punched ultron and made a small crack (enough for that bee-chick to fly in and mess with ultron's circuits)

but conventional weapon/force doing serious damage to adamantium no your right we've never seen that

btw wonder how perrikus blade would do against cap. america's shield or ultron's armour !

(or ebony blade against mjolnir tho I guess the hammer should resist)

vlaaad12345

but:thats the thing has there ever been example where a non-cosmic force destroyed adamantium ? confused (eg. an energy blast, a beam weapon or a magic scythe or something like that)
The destroyer is a cosmic force....destroyer stomps all over ultron.

Anti-Monitor
Destroyer in 3 seconds.

guy222
poor ultron

psycho gundam
Originally posted by rotiart
Hank Pyms ultimate admantium creation believes he can evolve to a technomagical god if he could only get his hands on Odin's mystical creation. However the Destroyer is currently embodied by Lex Luthor, and should the Destroyer be defeated, Luthor dies. However if Luthor wins, he gets full access to both the Destroyer suit and Ultrons... corpse

They fight in the middle of the Arizona Desert, the only way anyone short of odin can defeat the destroyer is to harm the disembodied corpse animating the destroyer armour, thats it.
without that there is no way for anyone to harm the destroyer at all.

Hyperion Prime
Thor hit adamantium with mjolnir (enchanted uru) and made a small dent in it

also hulk punched ultron and made a small crack (enough for that bee-chick to fly in and mess with ultron's circuits)

but conventional weapon/force doing serious damage to adamantium no your right we've never seen that

btw wonder how perrikus blade would do against cap. america's shield or ultron's armour !

(or ebony blade against mjolnir tho I guess the hammer should resist)

Actually when Hulk dented Ultron that was actually retconned into being secondary Adamantium. Same with the Thor instance. When Ultron took over Slovenia Thor was unable to damage Ultron, but he could damage the Ultron clones made of secondary Adamantium.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Actually when Hulk dented Ultron that was actually retconned into being secondary Adamantium. Same with the Thor instance. When Ultron took over Slovenia Thor was unable to damage Ultron, but he could damage the Ultron clones made of secondary Adamantium.
Would you happen to know when it was rectonned? I've been trying to find out for a long time but I can't find out what issue it happened in.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by rotiart

They fight in the middle of the Arizona Desert, the destroyer is a single piece of magical metal without mechanics of any kind, and can only be animated by an astral form (and/or apparently the power of galactus), ultron's out of luck if he wants to make use of it.

and....

Originally posted by psycho gundam
the only way anyone short of odin can defeat the destroyer is to harm the disembodied corpse animating the destroyer armour, thats it.
without that there is no way for anyone to harm the destroyer at all. ^ ultron is not powerful enough to do anything to the destroyer.

OneDumbG0
Actually when Hulk dented Ultron that was actually retconned into being secondary Adamantium. Same with the Thor instance. When Ultron took over Slovenia Thor was unable to damage Ultron, but he could damage the Ultron clones made of secondary Adamantium. Myth promulgated by Wolverine fanboys. Does it make any sense to you, that the actual first appearance of adamantium was retconned as being secondary adamantium? Yes. The very first appearance of adamantium had Thor denting it.

And no. Hulk denting an adamantium Ultron was never retconned. In the Ultron Unlimited storyline, only the newly reconstructed versions of Ultron are actually rebuilt from secondary adamantium. Nothing in the storyline suggests that the original appearances of those Ultrons were secondary adamantium. In fact, since the story makes an issue about how the rebuilt versions are now secondary adamantium, that supports the fact that the original versions were primary adamantium.

guy222
destroyer ftw

psycho gundam
^ with ease

TricksterPriest
It would take someone skyfather level to take down the Destroyer.

To slug it out, you'd need huge durability, like juggernaut or skyfather level. I can't remember any time the Destroyer has been straight up beaten without a plot device or skyfather level power.

SPB might be able to do it, but anybody less would be screwed. Hmm, maybe Henshaw could jack it. If not, that would be a stalemate.

Naija boy
Ultron gets destroyed

h1a8
I don't think enchanted Uru is necessarily equal to or stronger than true adamantium. I can dent steel with some wood. That doesn't make wood stronger or harder. Both Thor and Hulk have slightly dented true admantium. Thor's being a small cylinder of it and Hulk's being Ultron's armor (get that crack sh!t outta here). These are the only occurrences where true adamantium has sustained any damage without molecular manipulation.

With that said, being able to manipulate matter doesn't automatically give one the ability to manipulate all matter. Fire has the abillity to manipulate matter (depending on how hot it is) but not all. I personally do not think the Destroyer can even put one crack in Ultron's armor. And if he slightly dent's it, Ultron would just reform it anew.

Ultron on the other hand cannot do anything to the Destroyer. Maybe the female version can batter it until its head comes off. If not, then this may very well be a stalemate.

Naija boy
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think enchanted Uru is necessarily stronger than true adamantium. I can dent steel with some wood. That doesn't make wood stronger or harder. Both Thor and Hulk have slightly dented true admantium. Thor's being a small cylinder of it and Hulk's being Ultron's armor (get that crack sh!t outta here). These are the only occurrences where true adamantium has sustained any damage without molecular manipulation.

With that said, being able to manipulate matter doesn't automatically give one the ability to manipulate all matter. Fire has the abillity to manipulate matter (depending on how hot it is) but not all. I personally do not think the Destroyer can even put one crack in Ultron's armor. And if he slightly dent's it, Ultron would just reform it anew.

Ultron on the other hand cannot do anything to the Destroyer. Maybe the female version can batter it until its head comes off. If not, then this may very well be a stalemate.

IIRC The Destroyer isnt made of enchanted uru. Its made of material stronger than enchanted uru.

And as for the rest of ur post eek!
the destroyers disintegration beam would destroy ultron.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Naija boy
IIRC The Destroyer isnt made of enchanted uru. Its made of material stronger than enchanted uru.

And as for the rest of ur post eek!
the destroyers disintegration beam would destroy ultron. qft. the destroyer is made of an unnamed metal from asgard and took one thousand years to assemble.

and the fight is as simple as that. lex would know about the desintigrator beam (and other attacks) due to the destroyer's "consciousness" melding with his and making him more violent. ultron would get oneshotted by the beam like he was made of paper.

also, the destroyer's normal hand beams easily went through mijolnir like butter, the destroyer's offense is not a joke.

h1a8

the destroyers disintegration beam would destroy ultron.
Proof required

Also by the same logic as some people are using here,
Destroyer's armor is weaker than enchanted Uru since Thor's hammer decapitated it without Thor's hammer breaking.

Naija boy
Proof required

Destroyer's armor is weaker than enchanted Uru since Thor's hammer decapitated it without Thor's hammer breaking.

It can rip thru enchanted uru.

also what instance are u referencing?

psycho gundam
Proof required

Destroyer's armor is weaker than enchanted Uru since Thor's hammer decapitated it without Thor's hammer breaking. thor had the odin force at the time, odin's power is the X factor with anything asgardian.

psycho gundam
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7185/thor3ih6.jpg

h1a8
It can rip thru enchanted uru.

also what instance are u referencing?

IMO Adamantium>>>>>>Enchanted Uru

The Desak Incident.

frommd
Destroyer wins. Too powerful.

D_Dude1210
Yeah. Ultron is pretty outmatched here. Even if Destroyer wouldn't be able to one shot him, there's really little Ultron can do to damage the Destroyer.

SoulDevourer
IMO Adamantium>>>>>>Enchanted Uruso u think adamantium is mystical? source?Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think enchanted Uru is necessarily equal to or stronger than true adamantium. I can dent steel with some wood.not just dent. mjolnir took off piece of true adamantium and even caps shield
try to take off piece of steel with wood lol
if enchanted uru was weaker then adamantium then this woud place earth humans above asgard gods lol
Actually when Hulk dented Ultron that was actually retconned into being secondary Adamantium.nope it wuz the real ultron
the ultron that wuz retconned was the one where wonderman crushed its skull with his bear hands

SoulDevourer
anyway Destroyer visor beam took out mjolnir so ultron armor shoud be no problem that beam is insanely powerfull

StiltmanFTW

Destroyer doesn't have to damage his outer shell in order to win.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Destroyer doesn't have to damage his outer shell in order to win. roll eyes (sarcastic) strike that (destroyers more durable then ultron and id forgot how powerfull those beams are they gonna cut thru ultron like hot knife thru butter)

StiltmanFTW
roll eyes (sarcastic) strike that (destroyers more durable then ultron and id forgot how powerfull those beams are they gonna cut thru ultron like hot knife thru butter)

Reading comprehension ftw...

I meant that all Destroyer has to do is overheating Ultron.

The Nuul
Destroyer in 3 seconds.

quanchi112
Destroyer wins.

SoulDevourer

I meant that all Destroyer has to do is overheating Ultron. back2u : I meant that Destroyer destroying Ultrons shell is much more 1337 win

Space M ummy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Destroyer wins.

Three pages and no one mentions the destroyer is a matter manipulator?

Ultron is screwed like no one has ever been screwed ever before

h1a8
not just dent. mjolnir took off piece of true adamantium and even caps shield
try to take off piece of steel with wood lol Mjolnir barely dented the adamantium. Where do you get this take a piece off stuff? A dent is a dent and not a break. False

h1a8
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Three pages and no one mentions the destroyer is a matter manipulator?

Ultron is screwed like no one has ever been screwed ever before

Being able to manipulate matter doesn't automatically give one the ability to manipulate all matter. Fire has the abillity to manipulate matter (depending on how hot it is) but not all. I personally do not think the Destroyer can even put one crack in Ultron's armor. And if he slightly dent's it, Ultron would just reform it anew. You must prove that the Destroyer can manipulate true adamantium.

SoulDevourer
Mjolnir barely dented the adamantium. Where do you get this take a piece off stuff? A dent is a dent and not a break. False um thor strike a bar of adamantium with his hammer and small piece broke off so yeah it is break

btw your forgetting Hulk who cracked Ultrons armor - with his fist

oh yeah and about u sayin u can "dent" steel with wood...lol...you can bend a steel bar if u hit it hard enuff with wood bat or something like that (and btw the wood gonna get damaged too) but thats got nothing to do with mjolnir vs adamantium or caps shield. mjolnir put dent in adamantium @ the impact point and the hammer itself wuz intact

diamond can scratch ruby but ruby cant scratch diamond (try it and its the ruby that get damaged)

False hey its that simple : if u say adamantium > magic uru then its like sayin earth > asgard

SoulDevourer

Being able to manipulate matter doesn't automatically give one the ability to manipulate all matter. Fire has the abillity to manipulate matter (depending on how hot it is) but not all. I personally do not think the Destroyer can even put one crack in Ultron's armor. And if he slightly dent's it, Ultron would just reform it anew. You must prove that the Destroyer can manipulate true adamantium. Destroyer dont need matter manip anyway

psycho gundam

I meant that all Destroyer has to do is overheating Ultron. the destroyer could molecular rearrange ultron just as easily. it can also control the magnetic spectrum.

SIAFON
Okay I vote Ultron. Thor has faced the Destroyer plenty of times with a human as the host, and that was the reason he was able to stand toe-to-toe with it. In time defeat it. Ultron on the other hand has stood up to all of the Avengers, Thor included. So with Lex being in the armour I say Ultron. The Destroyer armour animated by a living host, and the more powerful the host. The more powerful the armour, but Ultron is just a handful period. In Secret Wars when Ultron turned on the Villians Doom had The Molecular Man levitate him up to Galactus line of sight, and then Galactus took him out. Doom then turned Ultron into his bodyguard which even the heroes feared. Thor, Hulk, She-Hulk, Collosus, Magneto, I mean the list goes on. But I vote for Ultron.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm pretty sure anyone in the Destroyer > Ultron

Pretty much. Making it Luthor just means Ultron has to fight someone who also might predict any computer/ tech attacks. Not that Ultron will have time for that before the Destroyer stomps him.

SupremeMan

The surface is indestructible but I believe he's been beaten before because the innards are not indestructible.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SupremeMan
The surface is indestructible but I believe he's been beaten before because the innards are not indestructible. depends on the ultron model. the one your describing had titanium joints and softer metals for the inner workings, a wide blast from the destroyer that cascades over ultron would melt all the joints.

the "female" ultron was the most durable, but the destroyer would beat that thing faster than sentry did, even without energy attacks.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by SIAFON
Okay I vote Ultron. Thor has faced the Destroyer plenty of times with a human as the host, and that was the reason he was able to stand toe-to-toe with it. In time defeat it. Ultron on the other hand has stood up to all of the Avengers, Thor included. So with Lex being in the armour I say Ultron. The Destroyer armour animated by a living host, and the more powerful the host. The more powerful the armour, but Ultron is just a handful period. In Secret Wars when Ultron turned on the Villians Doom had The Molecular Man levitate him up to Galactus line of sight, and then Galactus took him out. Doom then turned Ultron into his bodyguard which even the heroes feared. Thor, Hulk, She-Hulk, Collosus, Magneto, I mean the list goes on. But I vote for Ultron. then how did Sentry single-handed defeat Ultron...? evil face

Space M ummy

Being able to manipulate matter doesn't automatically give one the ability to manipulate all matter. Fire has the abillity to manipulate matter (depending on how hot it is) but not all. I personally do not think the Destroyer can even put one crack in Ultron's armor. And if he slightly dent's it, Ultron would just reform it anew. You must prove that the Destroyer can manipulate true adamantium.

Uh, Ultron uses an internal **molecular rearranger** to be able to move around, Genius. If matter manipulation didn't work on true adamantium, Ultron would be frozen in one spot.

matter manipulation (which destroyer has) is MOST CERTAINLY a weak spot for ultron.

not that it matters, as there's no attack anywhere in ultron's arsenal that can scratch destroyer.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SIAFON
Okay I vote Ultron. Thor has faced the Destroyer plenty of times with a human as the host, and that was the reason he was able to stand toe-to-toe with it. In time defeat it. Ultron on the other hand has stood up to all of the Avengers, Thor included. So with Lex being in the armour I say Ultron. The Destroyer armour animated by a living host, and the more powerful the host. The more powerful the armour, but Ultron is just a handful period. In Secret Wars when Ultron turned on the Villians Doom had The Molecular Man levitate him up to Galactus line of sight, and then Galactus took him out. Doom then turned Ultron into his bodyguard which even the heroes feared. Thor, Hulk, She-Hulk, Collosus, Magneto, I mean the list goes on. But I vote for Ultron.

Up until recently, Thor had never beaten the Destroyer in a straight fight. He always got killed whenever he faced it head on. He won by attacking the body or expelling the spirit in control of the armor.

Ultron cannot hurt the Destroyer. It's taken skyfather level power to fight it head on. Nothing Ultron does will have the slightest effect on the armor. Which has matter manip, and the visor beam. That beam has cleaved Mjolnir and other insanely durable objects, adamantium won't be a problem.

Mindset
Destroyer > Ultron

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Up until recently, Thor had never beaten the Destroyer in a straight fight. He always got killed whenever he faced it head on. He won by attacking the body or expelling the spirit in control of the armor.

Ultron cannot hurt the Destroyer. It's taken skyfather level power to fight it head on. Nothing Ultron does will have the slightest effect on the armor. Which has matter manip, and the visor beam. That beam has cleaved Mjolnir and other insanely durable objects, adamantium won't be a problem. thumb up

Endless Mike
The Destroyer's beam should easily disintegrate the adamantium, its much weaker hand beams carved through Mjolnir like a knife through butter and Mjolnir is at least as hard as adamantium (I think Thor was able to dent it once using Mjolnir), and the visor beam removes matter from existence

james2099
Thors hammer is not as strong as Adamantium, uru can be damaged and re-melted and reformed over and over again. The elves that make uru weapons on asgard have no problem melting it down time and time again, give them a piece of Adamantium and watch them look crazy... PS. Ultron has a D beam also.

h1a8
um thor strike a bar of adamantium with his hammer and small piece broke off so yeah it is break Give me the issue #. I'm pretty sure I have it. The one I have shows Thor barely putting a dent in it with no breaks at all. Remember every instance of adamantium being damage was retconned to secondary adamantium. Only two instances were not (Thor and Hulk).

True. This may be the only instance where a break occurred. But even though Klaw had a portion of the Beyonder's power we can't be sure that this Ultron copy was made of true adamantium (could have been a weaker copy). Evidence points to this since otherwise we would get many contradictions.
Know that Pressure equals Force divided by Area P=F/A means that a piece of paper can cut through my stronger flesh. It also means that a sledge hammer made of wood can dent and break some very strong steel without the slightest damage it the wood.
A simply iron sledge hammer can shatter diamonds.
Earth>Asgard doesn't logically follow from Adamantium>magical Uru.

SoulDevourer
Give me the issue #. I'm pretty sure I have it. The one I have shows Thor barely putting a dent in it with no breaks at all. Remember every instance of adamantium being damage was retconned to secondary adamantium. Only two instances were not (Thor and Hulk).an Avenger issue iirc

um gee it wuz only a crack and it was Hulk (ultra strong u know)
if it was "cheap adamantium" then th punch would pulverize ultron lol

usualy its the Wolverine folx who say it wasnt the true Ultron
the retconned ultron was the one where wonderman crushed its skull with his bear hands - THAT was 2nd adamantium

well yeah thats the thing about pressure Mjolnir is a hammer not a BLADE or something

btw cut off a thin piece o skin/flesh & try to make it cut paper. lol
flesh is tougher but not harder

nope your wrong
the hammer can BEND the steel (if its a bar or something) or even break it in 2 jus like a strong trained guy can bend it with his hands
(even then the hammer aint gonna be full intact)

but thats got nothing to do with trying damaging a steel BAR with wood hammer (enuff hits and theres gonna be no more hammer ^^)

the bar was smaller then thors hammer. so with pressure & all that if the bar was harder it woudlve taken off piece of the hammer (and best case he wouldve BEND the bar, not dented it)

yeah but theres gonna be damage on the sledge at impact point

yup it does if true adamantium > magic uru then it woud mean earth > asgard
in fact that woud place earth tech > skyfather magic. lol

Originally posted by james2099
Thors hammer is not as strong as Adamantium, uru can be damaged and re-melted and reformed over and over again. The elves that make uru weapons on asgard have no problem melting it down time and time again, give them a piece of Adamantium and watch them look crazy... PS. Ultron has a D beam also. so u think Earth > Asgard?
(btw we never see the elves try to melt adamantium so thats moot. also Mjolnirs been thru a lot more "trials" then adamantium)

h1a8
an Avenger issue iirc Avengers vol1. #66
"I smote the metal cylinder before me-- with all my might!
Yet,'tis scarcely dented!"
Thus a weaker bending or breaking the stronger doesn't mean that the weaker is indeed stronger.
A metal bar smaller than a wooden sledge hammer can be bent with a strike from the hammer without the slightest damage to the hammer. Also it is impossible to determine whether Thor's hammer had the slightest mark or scratch from striking the bar. A weaker can indeed damage a stronger without any damage to the weaker. This is a fact.
Race 'A' having some type of tech greater than race 'B' doesn't mean that race A's tech, as a whole, is greater than B's. To assume so is a clear fallacy in logic.

SoulDevourer
Avengers vol1. #66
"I smote the metal cylinder before me-- with all my might!
Yet,'tis scarcely dented!"and hammer wasnt dented @ all

got th scan btw?

a well-trained guy can bend or even break steel bar in 2 with his bear hands
now lets see the guy cut thru that same bar with his hand karate-style. lol

basically if bar was harder then hammer then hammer couldve bend the bar in the middle (maybe) but certainly not dented it

again this depend on type of damage
yo own fact in yo previous post about "pressure" & all that means if the bar was smaller then the hammer shoudlve been damaged & not the bar

if earths best material is > asgards best material then its symbolic it means earth > asgard. its that simple

h1a8
and hammer wasnt dented @ all

got th scan btw?

a well-trained guy can bend or even break steel bar in 2 with his bear hands
now lets see the guy cut thru that same bar with his hand karate-style. lol

basically if bar was harder then hammer then hammer couldve bend the bar in the middle (maybe) but certainly not dented it A dent is a bend.
Thickness plays a role in resisting damage. False. There is more to compare than strength of materials. Strength of Adamantium could be the only thing that trumps Asgard's metals. But Asgard could astronomically trump Earth in everything else. You know Uru isn't chosen as Asgard's chief metal for its durability alone. Its chosen for its combination of exceptional ability to hold enchantments and great durability. I doubt adamantium can hold any enchantments.

SoulDevourer
A dent is a bend.not rilly

if u dent something then u dig hole or groove in it (so localy u make the stuff denser!!! either that or u take small piece off it)

thx 4 the scan btw. 2 bad they dont show detail
but notice theres tiny pieces of metal flyin just when hes hitting the bar

(btw he only held hammer with 1 hand wtf?!)
yeah OVERALL damage like bending or breaking the thing in 2, not LOCAL damage @ impact point. otherwise this completely contradict yo previous statment about pressure
(anything can hold enchantments even marchmallow. lol. magic is magic. thats how they make golems even outa plain rock)

also "ablity to hold enchantment" is all useless if the result is still weaker then adamantium. especially since mjolnir is suppose to be a weapon (damage things) weapons are suppose to be harder then what they hit

so if plain admantium tougher then magic uru then clearly it mean earth tougher then asgard, like i said its symbolic (imagine if skyfather magic cant make something thats harder then non-magic-enhance earth stuff! this woud place earth > skyfather level! :/ )

SoulDevourer
heres from official site

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Destroyer_(construct)

"The Destroyer armor is made from an unknown metal found on Asgard and was enchanted by Odin to make that metal harder than uru, the metal Mjolnir is made of, or adamantium and almost totally indestructible"

not rilly answer to 'uru vs adamanitum' (in fact they place "uru" and "adamantium" side by side like their equal!) but at least we know that whatever Destroyer armor is made of its harder then adamantium (and uru)

h1a8
not rilly

if u dent something then u dig hole or groove in it (so localy u make the stuff denser!!! either that or u take small piece off it)

(btw he only held hammer with 1 hand wtf?!)
yeah OVERALL damage like bending or breaking the thing in 2, not LOCAL damage @ impact point. otherwise this completely contradict yo previous statment about pressure Then Thor had to have struck the bar with the edge of his hammer. Otherwise the small dent couldn't have arisen from a larger striking area.
This is where you are cleary wrong. OHUTMU says the Uru was chosen for it's excellent ability to hold enchantments along with its great durability. Uru can be reshaped, melted, etc. while Adamantium can't. Nearly everything can hold enchantments but some better than others. I doubt that adamantium can hold all the exotic powers (including the power of Thor himself) of Mjolnir.
You already showed (I knew already) that Destroyer's armor was more durable than adamantium. This by your logic puts Asgard>Earth. Now on Earth we use different metals for different purposes. So us using a softer metal only means that this particular metal achieves our goal better. Also we can't even hope to put the type of enchantments on anything the way Odin can. I don't know about you but I would rather have Mjolnir with all its powers than an adamantium hammer with little to no powers.

My argument is that we don't know if the Destoyer's beams can put a hole through Ultron. I disagree that mystical Uru=true adamantium since it can be melted, reshaped, etc. and adamantium can't. Even if the Destroyer can dent Ultron, Ultron would simply reform the dent to anew. Destroyer must be able to break through to win.

Wolverine's claws can cut through anything provided he has the strength to wield them through. He once tried to cut Colossus (a weaker metal) and didn't even manage to put a scratch on him.

With all that said, Ultron definitely can't win. But whether or not Destroyer can win depends on the writers opinions on how strong the Destroyer's attacks are (since there isn't enough evidence available).

SoulDevourer
Then Thor had to have struck the bar with the edge of his hammer. Otherwise the small dent couldn't have arisen from a larger striking area.yeah but then it means hammer scratched the bar. so the bar shouldve broke off piece of hammers edge too which it didnt
its like diamond scratching ruby or saphir it can only scratch it cuz its harder
if adamantium is harder (and it is harder then PLAIN uru) then it should able to hold everything uru can (strong metal means it can hold strong magic so that the metal can channel all that magic without melting
btw whos OHUMTU?
nope mjolnir is 1st foremost a HAMMER so its suppose to hit things (otherwise why not make walking cane out of it lol). this means asgardians shouldve given it their best. this mean the main purpose of the enchatment shoud be to make hammer harder
if enchnated uru was not as tough as adamantium then basicly its crap, id rather have adamantium hammer
uh who says it cant
the best we get to see adamantium is against core of the sun (yellow star) but how dyou know how hot asgardians can make their fire? their suppose to be skyfather-level u know

oh btw if destroyer beam cant damage ultron armor then its like your sayin that earth >> asgard (skyfather firepower cant beat adamantium? lol then skyfathers woud be like flies next to S.H.I.E.L.D. just send in earth ship with adamantium hull and blast asgard to bits, so called asgard "gods" would be powerless. lol)
but in official bio it says destroyer beams can destroy any known substance, so there

also how fast can Ultron repair armor anyway? not instantanous iirc (by the time it repair a hole Destroyers gonna put more holes in it then fry the circuits)

also NORMAL uru can be melted but were talkin about MAGIC uru. show me where mjolnir gets melted by something that cant melt adamantium
I agree that normal uru must be a bit weaker then true adamantium smile
IMO wolvie shouldve at least scratch colossus esp with his superstrenght
human (normal human eh no superstrenght) can scratch ruby with a diamond. yet diamond is only tad harder then ruby (10/10 for diamond vs 9/10 for ruby on moh scale of hardness)

h1a8
yeah but then it means hammer scratched the bar. so the bar shouldve broke off piece of hammers edge too which it didnt
its like diamond scratching ruby or saphir it can only scratch it cuz its harder It seems you are now arguing just to not be wrong. That is my cue to stop and let you have the last word. Why is it so hard to be wrong or just plain objective? Hitting something with the edge of something else doesn't necessarily have to produce a scratch. To say otherwise is just plain ridiculous.
What the hell does hardness have to do with the ability to hold enchantments. You know real magic doesn't exist right? There doesn't have to be any logic when magic is concerned in comics.Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.Then you are a fool. You would lose everytime to the enchanted hammer. Uru is still practically indestructible. So it is still capable of smashing through anything (even adamantium). So why not have the extra enchantments to go along with it.Marvel iirc says it can't.
Odin can just teleport them away.
I'm pretty sure that SHIELD don't know how to get to Asgard anyway.
If it says that about Destroyer beams then you may have a point. See I get people to use real evidence to support their claims and not mickey mouse ones. I am the KMC trainer. I teach people to debate effectively.
NO! Ultron I don't think can repair holes fast enough (or not at all). I said he can repair dents (instantly).

In my original argument I wasn't saying that Adamantium is necessarily stronger than Magic Uru. I'm just saying that there isn't enough evidence to know. We have only speculation (which isn't canon). Also iirc Marvel showed all the enchantments Odin placed on Mjolnir. None were to increase its durability.
True. Maybe Colossus is harder than we think. sad

SoulDevourer
It seems you are now arguing just to not be wrong. That is my cue to stop and let you have the last word. Why is it so hard to be wrong or just plain objective? Hitting something with the edge of something else doesn't necessarily have to produce a scratch. To say otherwise is just plain ridiculous.but u try to complicate something thats simple : this even more ridiculus lol
herd of ocam razor? gotta go 4 simplest explenation
teh only time we get 2 see hammer vs adamantium is when adamantium gets damage & hammer is intact. simplest explenation : hammer is harder

and yeah if the edge that hits is harder then what it hits then it makes a scratch if u hit it strong enuff - thats kinda how they compare hardness in RL u know

well yeah it dont exist but then why your trying to prove that the magic hammer is < adamantium by trying 2 use logic? like u say this is comic
thats why i sugested technobabble (or mysticobabble) explenation : becuz its comics ^^

nah im a guy so I say the harder somethin is then the more respect it deserve, thats why big grin

if the hammer aint as hard as another plain (non magic) metal hammer even despite magic then that prove the magic enchantment is cheap crap

now on other hand u gotta point about uru vs enchatment : uru can have many enchantments aaaaand one of these is...making uru harder then anything else! now THAT woud make more sense dont it? ^^

u admit asgardians can enchant something to make it harder then anything else (they did it with destroyer) so why do u think they cant do it with the hammer hmm?

it also says its indestructible but like many other things they say "indestructibel" on panel, it can be damage. big deal

u dunno if teleportation can affect adamantium (eg. some ppl who can phase thru stuff cant phase thru adamantium. maybe adamantium is also exeption when it come to teleportation)
btw you suppose that skyfather firepower is powerless against adamantium but on other hand you think that skyfather teleporation spell can work on adamantium...?
"real evidence"? lol the only evidence we have is the hammer denting adamantium and that gos in my favor

also u saying uru can be melted is BS were talking about magicaly enhanced uru, not the plane stuff
maybe "KMC trainer" himself need more training? stick out tongue

mjolnir denting adamantium (better : caps shield) is canon and tho its not as good as on-panel statement its still STRONG evidence on our side so there!

huh got the list? source? scan?
that dont make sense. hammers a melee weapon the FIRST mojo they shoud put is hardenin spell

thing is they never say what exacly hes made of (afaik)

psycho gundam
destroyer wins 10/10

(no wall of text needed)

King Kandy
Also iirc Marvel showed all the enchantments Odin placed on Mjolnir. None were to increase its durability. sad
We've seen Mjolnir easily break regular Uru though, even when not wielded by Thor.

fangirl101
The destroyer wins.

roughrider
Originally posted by guy222
ultron is tough, but he loses here

Yep. The Destroyer for the win, if Luthor's arrogance doesn't get the better of him.

james2099
an Avenger issue iirc

um gee it wuz only a crack and it was Hulk (ultra strong u know)
if it was "cheap adamantium" then th punch would pulverize ultron lol

usualy its the Wolverine folx who say it wasnt the true Ultron
the retconned ultron was the one where wonderman crushed its skull with his bear hands - THAT was 2nd adamantium

well yeah thats the thing about pressure Mjolnir is a hammer not a BLADE or something

btw cut off a thin piece o skin/flesh & try to make it cut paper. lol
flesh is tougher but not harder

nope your wrong
the hammer can BEND the steel (if its a bar or something) or even break it in 2 jus like a strong trained guy can bend it with his hands
(even then the hammer aint gonna be full intact)

but thats got nothing to do with trying damaging a steel BAR with wood hammer (enuff hits and theres gonna be no more hammer ^^)

the bar was smaller then thors hammer. so with pressure & all that if the bar was harder it woudlve taken off piece of the hammer (and best case he wouldve BEND the bar, not dented it)

yeah but theres gonna be damage on the sledge at impact point

yup it does if true adamantium > magic uru then it woud mean earth > asgard
in fact that woud place earth tech > skyfather magic. lol

so u think Earth > Asgard?
(btw we never see the elves try to melt adamantium so thats moot. also Mjolnirs been thru a lot more "trials" then adamantium) Thor has fought ultron before and his hammer did nothing to ultron but knock him back, thor was worried about ultron over ALL the other bad guys when he fought about 10 of them at once. He even admitted his hammer could not stop ultron. The elves on asgard use a melting system on uru to forge weapons, The core of the hottest star could not melt ultrons armor. Thors hammer has been remelted and fixed a few times.

D_Dude1210
Good lord! What is with these wall-o-text replies??? stick out tongue Theres actually poll about Uru vs Adamantium, take the arguments there.

Is there really anyone here nub enough to think that Ultron can beat the destroyer???

KillAll
i think uru is only as strong as the magic enchantment that protects it wink. its more like a soft rock. it can be melted and forged. but it is only strong because of its ability to hold magic.

if you attack the magic you can break the uru. the same attack will not hurt adamantium.

where as adamantium can be disfigured by messing with its molecular structrure?

if you ask me they are about equal. with thier own strengths and weaknesses.

SoulDevourer
Thor has fought ultron before and his hammer did nothing to ultron but knock him back, thor was worried about ultron over ALL the other bad guys when he fought about 10 of them at once. He even admitted his hammer could not stop ultron. The elves on asgard use a melting system on uru to forge weapons, The core of the hottest star could not melt ultrons armor. Thors hammer has been remelted and fixed a few times. um how do u know how hot are forges of asgard?
also "hottest star" you mean the sun? cuz the suns a yellow star & thats the most we see ultron go thru confused
what about blue/white stars?

btw wolverines adamantium claws coudnt cut Hulk (he cut him before but not next time ) and colossus neither

so maybe thor didnt throw hammer hard enuff against ultron eh? hammer dont cut thru things :/

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by KillAll
i think uru is only as strong as the magic enchantment that protects it wink. its more like a soft rock. it can be melted and forged. but it is only strong because of its ability to hold magic.
yeah non-enchanted uru is weaker

but aint uru suppose to be metal? huh (tho it look like rock)

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Good lord! What is with these wall-o-text replies??? stick out tongue Theres actually poll about Uru vs Adamantium, take the arguments there.
better : theres Mjolnir vs adamantium thread stick out tongue

james2099
um how do u know how hot are forges of asgard?
also "hottest star" you mean the sun? cuz the suns a yellow star & thats the most we see ultron go thru confused
what about blue/white stars?

btw wolverines adamantium claws coudnt cut Hulk (he cut him before but not next time ) and colossus neither

so maybe thor didnt throw hammer hard enuff against ultron eh? hammer dont cut thru things :/ The core of the hottest star means any star. The elves have a certain temp they have to reach, they reforge broken uru weapons on Asgard, once Adamantium is cooled, it cannot be remelted. Thors hammer was in danger of being destroyed by a type of wonder gloves once. masterson thor was fighting some guy that was about to pound the hammer until it breaks. Hulk picked up an adamantium statue and scared the hell out of thor with it.

psycho gundam
destroyer wins, there is nothing ultron can do.

SoulDevourer
he core of the hottest star means any star.well yeah but it never stated adamantium survive core of "hottest star" (thats what galactus said about silver surfer skin). so far we only see adamantium tested against sun core (yellow star) but not higher

they also say its indestructible yet hulk can damage it with his fists :/

btw the uru weapon they forge are PLAIN uru (wich can be melt)
and then the finish weapon is enchanted
here were talking about enchanted uru (like Thors hammer) not the raw stuff

even if all dat true it only shows Mjolnir has face much stronger challenges then adamantium
so obvously it has higher chance of being damagd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.