Mechmoggy and his slow journey into the thinking mans world....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Well I kinda stole the title of this but I think my story is kinda like Ush's except maybe a negative picture of it.......

Needless to remind you (as it seems to be all I do and write about any more) I've been at Uni for a while now and I've realised that there are some clever bastards about.

I've realised that maybe I'm not as much of a man-of-the-world as I thought. In truth, outside of heavy drinking and engineering, I could be regarded as a pleb in some people's eyes.

So to remedy this I've decided to start reading some of the "classics" to broaden my horizons and maybe start an appreciation of the arts. To start me off I've bought "A tale of two cities" by Chaz Dickens and also "Crime & Punishment" by ..................hold on, I'm not gonna be able to spell this without the book in front of me......................Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

With all good intentions I've got these by my bed, ready for a bit of cultural enlightenment...................

However, I've decided not to start them yet cause I've asked for "The Profanesaurus" by Roger Mellie (of Viz fame) for Xmas. Its full of funny names for things like: -

Bingo Wings - The loose skin, women over 40 get, under their upper arms.

It was after this decision to postpone, and my reasoning behind it, that I realised that all hope is lost for me already. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
guess who is gonna fall asleep pretty fast

Corran
All hope is not lost Mech, you have not veered to the darkside yet.

Thomas H
you have a lot of journeys lately mec...smile

Tex
all hilarious!!!!!

queeq
Dostoyevski...wow... you're jumping in the deep right away.

Don't get to weird because of such snobbery, mech. I was in Uni too, I saw some like that, but I also saw a lot of people with a lot less general education than me. Please try to be yourself.

finti
yeah Mech read Garfield instead

queeq
More fun anyway.

mechmoggy
I do read quite a bit, but my book collection doesn't go much further than Stephen King and Star Wars books. I'm just finishing off re-reading an old SK favourite of mine at the moment, "Nightmares & Dreamscapes".

I've also asked for some other classic books for xmas so I'm gonna have plenty to read over xmas.

BTW, I'm not reading these books for anyone else's benefit, I just want to learn more outside of my chosen Uni subjects.

finti
Donald Duck

mechmoggy
Donald Duck is not my chosen Uni subject Finti........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Mickey Mouse

mechmoggy
Not a big Disney fan Finti, I like the Simpsons though.

finti
Goofy

queeq
Spiderman

Fitch
Batman ? Robin ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.