TOAA decides that..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
He wants a challenge for Thanos with THOTU.

If he decides to create 100 more Hearts, can he do it?
He wants 100 other Thanos's to challenge Thanos.
If he can, then how could they all be his power?
If He cannot, is he Omnipotent?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by fangirl101

It would take someone to outsmart Thanos.

Wich can't be found.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It would take someone to outsmart Thanos.

Wich can't be found.
Why not? can't the TOAA create equally smart beings as Thanos?

vlaaad12345
TOAA is a writer so yes he can do any of those things.

Xplosive

Yes he can and easily actually. He just writes them and that is it. Everything TOAA wants can do easily.

Allankles

He can if he's the supreme authority in Marvel.

Mr Master

facepalm

Of course,
but then they'll be 100 Supreme beings running around in Marvel.

Because he made it so.

Simple as that.

The Presence-type or THOTI-type Supreme beings are nothing but ink and paper to TOAA.

fangirl101
For the simple minded, TOAA is a fictional character. It's rights are wholly owned by Marvel Comics Inc. It's trademarked. It's not a real person. Get that bullshit out of your head. marvel owns the rights to TOAA. It's fictional. Not real. Thus it is the supreme being of marvel. A character. On paper. Registered with the library of congress. idiots.

Xplosive
idiots.

That wasn't necessary, you know.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Xplosive
That wasn't necessary, you know.
Hence why I didnt' quote anyone or give any names. It was a blanket exclamation with no intended recipient.

Wei Phoenix
For the simple minded, TOAA is a fictional character. It's rights are wholly owned by Marvel Comics Inc. It's trademarked. It's not a real person. Get that bullshit out of your head. marvel owns the rights to TOAA. It's fictional. Not real. Thus it is the supreme being of marvel. A character. On paper. Registered with the library of congress. idiots.

Wait what? What are you trying to say?

Mr Master
thumb up

hum ... no expression

Have you completely lost your marbles?

What on earth are you talking about?

Knowsbleed33
Fangirl looks to be smoking some bad granola.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Fangirl looks to be smoking some bad granola.
THE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WHOM IT WASN'T DIRECTED AT, SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN THE POINT.

Knowsbleed33
Reported.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Reported.
You report yourself. I didn't call anyone out by name. but you most certianly insulted me with that crack about bad drugs.

Wei Phoenix
THE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WHOM IT WASN'T DIRECTED AT, SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN THE POINT.

I still don't know what you are trying to say? So far no one has seemed to understand what you are saying. Are you trying to say that saying TOAA can not lose because he is a supreme being? Are you saying that this debate is stupid because he is fictional?

Knowsbleed33
You don't get to make a blanket statement like that and expect not to have people call you out.

Wei Phoenix
You report yourself. I didn't call anyone out by name. but you most certianly insulted me with that crack about bad drugs.

Granola is a drug?

Bentley
Geez, way to undermine the meaning of omnipotence Fangirl.

This thread fails:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/128347587844687500fail.jpg

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Bentley
Geez, way to undermine the meaning of omnipotence Fannvr.

This thread fails:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/128347587844687500fail.jpg

Utrigita
Lets see even if TOAA created a 100 hearts more, their wouldn't per say be a hundred beings that would be capable of harnessing the power to the magnitude that Thanos managed, for instance the Celestial Order required technology to harness the energy and they where as nothing against Thanos, so let him create a 100 hearts but to find 100 beings that can wield those hearts is, from my point of view, a entire different matter.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Utrigita
Lets see even if TOAA created a 100 hearts more, their wouldn't per say be a hundred beings that would be capable of harnessing the power to the magnitude that Thanos managed, for instance the Celestial Order required technology to harness the energy and they where as nothing against Thanos, so let him create a 100 hearts but to find 100 beings that can wield those hearts is, from my point of view, a entire different matter.
TOAA can simply make the hearts sentient? Or create 100 other thanos all with the same exact history if he wishes? Correct?

Utrigita
TOAA can simply make the hearts sentient? Or create 100 other thanos all with the same exact history if he wishes? Correct?

He could, but that wasn't the scenario that you put out, you placed a 100 hearts and then asked for a 100 Thanos's that could challenge the orginal Thanos nothing about TOAA creating them in the other Thanos image with the exact same abilties, and I simply mentioned that just because a being is thanos it doesn't per say equal that he could take control of the heart.

fangirl101
He could, but that wasn't the scenario that you put out, you placed a 100 hearts and then asked for a 100 Thanos's that could challenge the orginal Thanos nothing about TOAA creating them in the other Thanos image with the exact same abilties, and I simply mentioned that just because a being is thanos it doesn't per say equal that he could take control of the heart.
But isn't Omnipotent power Omnipotent power. Right? Now matter how dumb they would be wouldn't they still have the same power as Thanos? Or is skill, will, and knowlege also important?

Utrigita
Not per say from my point of view, look at the difference between Magus, Warlock, Thanos and Rune with the IG none of them handled the mantle of omnipotence in the same way.

When Thanos toke control of the heart of the universe, it was, if I understood correct, his willpower alone that forced his control down over the Heart.

fangirl101
Not per say from my point of view, look at the difference between Magus, Warlock, Thanos and Rune with the IG none of them handled the mantle of omnipotence in the same way.

When Thanos toke control of the heart of the universe, it was, if I understood correct, his willpower alone that forced his control down over the Heart.
None of them have been "God". With Ultimate undeniable power. I don't believe thanos had God's power. But for sake of argument if he did, then it doesn't matter if he was a dodo bird. God's power would be undeniable right? Unable to be matched. So the question remains, can TOAA recreate as many hearts as he feals like it?

Utrigita
None of them have been "God". With Ultimate undeniable power. I don't believe thanos had God's power. But for sake of argument if he did, then it doesn't matter if he was a dodo bird. God's power would be undeniable right? Unable to be matched. So the question remains, can TOAA recreate as many hearts as he feals like it?

But that is kind of irrelevant when you asked about if omnipotent power wasn't omnipotent power, I gave a example where atleast four different persons arquired a "level" of omnipotence if you will and how differently they each used that.

Actually as showed in the comic it did matter, the level of willpower and the pretermed expotion to powerful object was a requirement for Thanos to obtain the heart, if Doctor Strange, Namor ore Hulk had jumped into it they would have been disintegrated, it wasn't for the sake of humor that the Celestial order used technology to harness the hearts power.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be capable of doing it...

fangirl101
But that is kind of irrelevant when you asked about if omnipotent power wasn't omnipotent power, I gave a example where atleast four different persons arquired a "level" of omnipotence if you will and how differently they each used that.

Actually as showed in the comic it did matter, the level of willpower and the pretermed expotion to powerful object was a requirement for Thanos to obtain the heart, if Doctor Strange, Namor ore Hulk had jumped into it they would have been disintegrated, it wasn't for the sake of humor that the Celestial order used technology to harness the hearts power.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be capable of doing it...
you miss the point. If The One above all creates one hundred other Hearts for other thanos's to use, that means he's created them to use the hearts just as he created thanos to use the hearts. Now if they are all omnipotent, then how do they all have TOAA's power?

Allankles
you miss the point. If The One above all creates one hundred other Hearts for other thanos's to use, that means he's created them to use the hearts just as he created thanos to use the hearts. Now if they are all omnipotent, then how do they all have TOAA's power?

Basically HOTU wasn't trully omnipotent basically nigh omnipotent but not trully omnipotent with respect to the entirety of the MU? I agree, if TOAA was still the ultimate authority in the MU at the time then there's no way HOTU was absolutely omnipotent with respect to the MU.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr Master
facepalm

Of course,
but then they'll be 100 Supreme beings running around in Marvel.

Because he made it so.

Simple as that.

The Presence-type or THOTI-type Supreme beings are nothing but ink and paper to TOAA. no

TOAA is still a comic character, and has been depicted on panel.
Just because it was depicted a artist/writer relationship, as was clearly suggested in the very comic, that it is merely how they percieve 'him'.

This writer vs comic character crap is nonsense.

Juntai
Originally posted by Allankles
Basically HOTU wasn't trully omnipotent basically nigh omnipotent but not trully omnipotent with respect to the entirety of the MU? I agree, if TOAA was still the ultimate authority in the MU at the time then there's no way HOTU was absolutely omnipotent with respect to the MU. Very true, he may have had near-absolute power over everything else, but as long as you're #2, you're not equal to #1.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juntai
no

TOAA is still a comic character, and has been depicted on panel.
Just because it was depicted a artist/writer relationship, as was clearly suggested in the very comic, that it is merely how they percieve 'him'.

This writer vs comic character crap is nonsense.

Utrigita

Because TOAA can choose to distribute his power in any sharp, form ore magnitude that he sees fit? TOAA has Complete Omnipotence (I believe it called), a Supreme Being (Like God for instance) can choose to do anything even though it defines everything that is established, a Supreme being operates without the laws of Nature.

fangirl101
Because TOAA can choose to distribute his power in any sharp, form ore magnitude that he sees fit? TOAA has Complete Omnipotence (I believe it called), a Supreme Being (Like God for instance) can choose to do anything even though it defines everything that is established, a Supreme being operates without the laws of Nature.
That means only the TOAA could do such a thing. Thanos with the heart couldn't reproduce that effect. That means he did not have TOAA's power and neither was he the TOAA.

Allankles

That's all well and good but if the Supreme Authority gives HOTI all his abilities he ceases to become omnipotent since there's something out there that can defy his power.

A truly omnipotent being can't create another omnipotent being because it's impossible even if he wanted to; his very nature prevents another being like himself from ever being created.

He can only endow others with nigh omnipotence. True omnipotence has room for only one being, that's the nature of omnipotence.

Captain REX
This doesn't seem like a Versus thread...

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles
That's all well and good but if the Supreme Authority gives HOTI all his abilities he ceases to become omnipotent since there's something out there that can defy his power.

A truly omnipotent being can't create another omnipotent being because it's impossible even if he wanted to; his very nature prevents another being like himself from ever being created.

He can only endow others with nigh omnipotence. True omnipotence has room for only one being, that's the nature of omnipotence. Actually, a truly omnipotent being can do anything.

Paradox.

kgkg
Originally posted by Captain REX
This doesn't seem like a Versus thread... It is smile Member versus Member

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
It is smile Member versus Member The best kind of vs thread. smile

fangirl101
Originally posted by Captain REX
This doesn't seem like a Versus thread...
It's TOAA vs. Himself.

Dark-Jaxx
It is impossible to have more than one omnipotent supreme being exist at any one time.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
It is impossible to have more than one omnipotent supreme being exist at any one time.
Than you would say that Thanos was never TOAA?

kgkg
impossible is nothing(in comics)

Dark-Jaxx
Than you would say that Thanos was never TOAA? From a logical and realistic standpoint, no.

But then again from a logical and realistic standpoint, omnipotence is an impossibility.

So by comic logic, he may have been.

Granted I know jack shit about HOTI and the entire story it was in, but if he had to "destroy a universe" to fix a flaw which in turn made him lose his power like I had heard, no, he was not omnipotent.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
From a logical and realistic standpoint, no.

But then again from a logical and realistic standpoint, omnipotence is an impossibility.

So by comic logic, he may have been.

Granted I know jack shit about HOTI and the entire story it was in, but if he had to "destroy a universe" to fix a flaw which in turn made him lose his power like I had heard, no, he was not omnipotent.
Exactly.

Badabing
Closed. This type of thread had been nothing but a problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.