Human Torch vs Hawkman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Human Torch can't go nova but can rasie his temp to just below nova. No prep

Human Torch- http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Storm_%28Earth-616%29

vs

Hawkman- http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Carter_Hall_%28New_Earth%29

guy222
bumprav

xJLxKing
Hawkman rams through him

Sin I AM
Johnny gets owned faster than he did in Civil War

guy222
poor john

YodaIam
Hawkman wins.

tkitna
Dont know a lot about Hawkman besides that he's a tough customer, but is he fireproof? Just curious on that one.

psycho gundam
johnny storm at least 8/10. heat stroke most of the time if human torch is generous, he's not a boob anymore and is quite capable of taking down hawkman.

he only loses on the off chance the nth metal mace gets thrown at him and he can't stop it and forgets to dodge. that's all hawkman has to offer here.

Konton
=/
How fast is Hawkman?

I'm thinking he gets fried unless he's capable of blitzing.

leonidas
johnny is damn fast, and has a huge range advantage as well. i'd take johnny more often than not.

Konton
Yep, after a bit of research I guess Johny can fly at supersonic speeds.
Hawkman clocks in at around 200 mph or so. I think I remember Hawkman's suit to resist extreme temperatures though.

I'd still give it to Johny 8/10.

Hawkman gets a 2/10 in case he somehow manages to tag Torch. One hit and Torch is out like a light. He might be capable of just hurling the good old mace accurately enough.

Mindset
Carter gets fried.

JakeTheBank
Johnny wins this one.

Warlord
Torch goes Nova...

golem370
Not in this thread he doesn't so says the thread starter lol

Warlord
Originally posted by golem370
Not in this thread he doesn't so says the thread starter lol

well he can still produce a nova like blast with slightly below nova temperature.
Still a winning tactic

golem370
True just having some fun.

Warlord
True just having some fun.

smokin'

Mindship
If the Torch is a tactically better fighter than he used to be in the old days (y'know, the ones where he'd head straight for, say, Spider-Man / Daredevil, who'd dodge at the last second so Johnny dives straight into a water tower), then he should take this. Otherwise, Hawkman wins via combo of his own power and smart fighting.

Lord Feron
Fried Chicken!

SuperiorTech
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0888/59963_Fantastic_Four_273-04_122_1187lo.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0420/33329_Web_of_Spiderman_073_18_122_28lo.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0519/FantasticFour09-16.jpg

Flame duplicates ftw.

-K-M-
"anything less then a third degree burn makes him giggle"
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JLAJSA-VirtueandVice-040.jpg

*FYI, that was Surtur

Hawkman has fought various "flame" characters before and pretty much destroyed them, and his healing factor (healed a slit throat instantly) don't make it easy for Torch sans supernova.

Lord Feron
There is a huge difference between a 3rd degree burn and super nova.

So FIRED CHICKEN!

-K-M-
Originally posted by Lord Feron
There is a huge difference between a 3rd degree burn and super nova.

So FIRED CHICKEN!

Guess you didn't fully read my post did you? or the opening post?

Human Torch can't go nova but can rasie his temp to just below nova. No prep

If Torch raises the temp just below nova he would win, but regardless why are people saying he would do it on the drop of a dime? that's not really in character

SuperiorTech
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0839/coc002-12.jpg

He does not need to go nova but I would agree it's not something he just does all the time.

golem370
I saw him do it when he felt overwhelmed

Lord Feron
Originally posted by -K-M-

If Torch raises the temp just below nova he would win, but regardless why are people saying he would do it on the drop of a dime? that's not really in character

There Is a big difference between 3rd degree burn and Supernova. Meaning Human torch can reach anywhere in between. Which is more than enough to hurt Hawkman. He would be able to easily create heat blasts to melt steel (yes i agree he doesn't always produce heat to melt a entire bulldozer flying at him before it can hit him) But why would he need to emit that much heat just to flay the flesh off Hawkman?

Not sure what he spits out againt his foes but if he using "optimal" performance (not like one showing performances) i mean thing he does fairly often he is gonna take the fight easily.

Also HT should be able to fly circles around hawkman. If HT doesn't just burn HM he can also dehydrate him like he did at the end of the she-hulk fight.

anyway FRIED CHICKEN AGAIN!!

-K-M-
There Is a big difference between 3rd degree burn and Supernova. Meaning Human torch can reach anywhere in between. Which is more than enough to hurt Hawkman. He would be able to easily create heat blasts to melt steel (yes i agree he doesn't always produce heat to melt a entire bulldozer flying at him before it can hit him) But why would he need to emit that much heat just to flay the flesh off Hawkman?

Not sure what he spits out againt his foes but if he using "optimal" performance (not like one showing performances) i mean thing he does fairly often he is gonna take the fight easily.

Also HT should be able to fly circles around hawkman. If HT doesn't just burn HM he can also dehydrate him like he did at the end of the she-hulk fight.

anyway FRIED CHICKEN AGAIN!!

you didn't read my post again did you?

It's not where even close to being super nova under optimal performance. He often even says he holds back his full force on "humans" due to he doesn't want to seriously hurt them. If there is anyone that would go for the isntance kill that's Hawkman, which he always does

Ummmm....no. Hawkman can tag flash and other speed force speedsters. HT is not going to out manuever Hawkman especially with his vision and overall reflexes. Your not familar with Hawkman are you? erm

Lord Feron
you didn't read my post again did you?

It's not where even close to being super nova under optimal performance. He often even says he holds back his full force on "humans" due to he doesn't want to seriously hurt them. If there is anyone that would go for the isntance kill that's Hawkman, which he always does

Ummmm....no. Hawkman can tag flash and other speed force speedsters. HT is not going to out manuever Hawkman especially with his vision and overall reflexes. Your not familar with Hawkman are you? erm

Oh were going with a holding back HT and not a HT that under KMC (not saying bloodlust)that would fight to the best of their ability.

But anyway lets use a HT that doesn't want to hurt his opponents and a HM that for some reason is operating at Flash levels consitintly in this fight.

Your right HT does lose in your Scenario.

Anyway back to the thread... HM loses.

stick out tongue

-K-M-
Oh were going with a holding back HT and not a HT that under KMC (not saying bloodlust)that would fight to the best of their ability.

But anyway lets use a HT that doesn't want to hurt his opponents and a HM that for some reason is operating at Flash levels consitintly in this fight.

Your right HT does lose in your Scenario.

Anyway back to the thread... HM loses.

stick out tongue

It would be their best of the ability, but going nova is not something HT does. To say he would instantly do that is completly contradictry of the character and his abilities are. If you want to go that route Hawkman unleashes Hawkgod and stomps erm

Okie dokie so by your logic your going by HT outmost extreme which he rarely does, compared to Hawkman who consistently tags Flash level foes and beaten mind you. Yeah silly me roll eyes (sarcastic)

As I said if he goes close to super nova yes he would win, but without doing that

Mindset
Quiet fanboy.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Mindset
Quiet fanboy.

Yes sir. embarrasment

psycho gundam
"anything less then a third degree burn makes him giggle"
for a genius type character, that was a pretty dumb thing to say. a third degree burn is one that chars flesh, there wouldn't be any nerves left in the tissue to feel anything let alone tickle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.