Recommended science fiction MMORPG?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
I'm not really a die-hard gamer, but I used to play RuneScape for about three or four years during middle school until mid-sophomore year. I've been a little bored since then, and now I'm looking for an all around great science fiction MMORPG. I did the whole fantasy/adventure shit with RuneScape, and I've always preferred science fiction as a genre. I've Googled the **** out of this topic and have never gotten anywhere other than six billion people screaming "EVE Online!" at me.

Is that it? Just EVE Online?

Help me, die hard gamers. You're my only hope.

Morridini
EVE Online and STar Wars Galaxies are the only sem-major MMOs in the sci.fi setting atm. But in a few years we will get Star Wars the Old Republic as well. There's also a Stargate Worlds in the making.

Gideon
Originally posted by Morridini
EVE Online and STar Wars Galaxies are the only sem-major MMOs in the sci.fi setting atm. But in a few years we will get Star Wars the Old Republic as well. There's also a Stargate Worlds in the making.

Do you play either EVE Online or SWG?

BackFire
Just wait for the new Star Wars one.

THE JLRTENJAC
Wait for the Star Wars: Old Republic. Or you could try your hand at the Star Trek one coming out... could be good.

Raoul
i thought star trek online had been cancelled...

THE JLRTENJAC
Had it? I never really paid much attention to it.

Morridini
Originally posted by Gideon
Do you play either EVE Online or SWG?

No, I've tried EVE online, was not impressed, and have heard plenty of bad things about SWG so haven't bothered with that one either. I just know they exist.

As for Star Trek online, that game has been rumoured cancelled and then back in production again and cancelled, so I have no idea what state it is.

Gideon
Man, sounds like a good sci-fi MMO is hard to find.

Anyone else think Mass Effect would make for a good one?

Morridini
Mass Effect for an MMO? Unlikely, I think BioWare is on the right path with SW the old republic, that's more or less the perfect setting for a sci-fi MMO.

Gideon
Originally posted by Morridini
Mass Effect for an MMO? Unlikely, I think BioWare is on the right path with SW the old republic, that's more or less the perfect setting for a sci-fi MMO.

I kinda fell in love with ME, for some reason. I much preferred it to the KotOR series. I suppose because I feel that in SW, if you're not a superpowered Force user, you'll never make it anywhere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.