StarKiller vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Icy Ninja
1.Force
2.All out

Who shall emerge the victor

Red Nemesis
Oh god.

Bane stomp. No question.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Oh god.

Bane stomp. No question.
really I thought it might be close I can make so he doesn't have his orbalisks if that makes it fair

SIDIOUS 66
Force: Starkiller

All Out: Starkiller. Unless maybe if Bane had prep. Bane is a lot smarter than Galen, so he is capable of finding a way to defeat Galen.

Red Nemesis
Bane's Orbalisks more than make up for 'I moved a star destroyer' Marek. Bane has some of the most powerful TK ever, and he is adept at using it in combat (see the Wave he sent at Farfalla/Raskta Lsu or against the Umbaran Shadow assassins. I really don't want Marek to be better than Bane.

All out, he was able to defeat Kas'im even before he had the Orbalisks. With it, he took on Raskta Lsu, a far better swordsbeing than Starkiller- as Gideon would say: Miles and Miles and MILES better. Bane is firmly above what (admittedly little) I have seen from Starkiller.

SIDIOUS 66
Starkiller has used the force on a far more extreme level than Bane. What has Bane done with TK that compare to Starkiller redirecting a free falling star destroyer, force throwing a tie fighter, slamming two heavy pillars on Vader, force throwing several stormtroopers with ease, bringing down AT-AT walkers, or rag dolling Sidious.

Starkiller's lightning was also pretty impressive.

Lucien A
I like how there's a Force and All-Out, but no sabers. If there were sabers, it goes to Bane. And I just don't see Marek winning. BAne without Orbalisks may be defeated by him, but Christ, with them? Didn't they deflect like a million volts of Force Lightning? Such protection coupled with Bane's more than exceptional command of the Force gives him a win. Same with an All-Out.

The Starkiller threads are getting a tad tiresome.

SIDIOUS 66
There are other force attacks besides lightning. Would Bane's orbalisks protect him from being crushed to death by heavy machinery?

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Bane's Orbalisks more than make up for 'I moved a star destroyer' Marek. Bane has some of the most powerful TK ever, and he is adept at using it in combat (see the Wave he sent at Farfalla/Raskta Lsu or against the Umbaran Shadow assassins. I really don't want Marek to be better than Bane.
Small note: One of the assassins was able to block it. And Raskta spent about no time bothering with defensive force abilities.

He didn't take Kas'im in pure blades. Coupled with his power in the force, he knew all of Kas'im's double bladed sequence. As for Raskta...without the Orbalisks? She was better. Without them, she would have given him numerous fatal wounds.

In the Force, Starkiller's lightning might be Bane's worst nightmare

Lucien A
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
There are other force attacks besides lightning. Would Bane's orbalisks protect him from being crushed to death by heavy machinery? Cuz you know, Bane is absolutely unable to stop him. There is NO way Bane could prevent that. None.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Lucien A
Cuz you know, Bane is absolutely unable to stop him. There is NO way Bane could prevent that. None.

Well Bane can sure try. Just like Vader tried to stop him, but look what happened.

Lucien A
It's a swell thing then that Bane's an idiot. An idiot with half his organic body replaced with prosthetics. Cuz hell, if Vader of all the quick-witted acrobats in Star Wars, can't dodge or catch objects, then what chance has Bane got?

Allankles
Starkiller murders Bane.

SIDIOUS 66
It's a swell thing then that Bane's an idiot. An idiot with half his organic body replaced with prosthetics. Cuz hell, if Vader of all the quick-witted acrobats in Star Wars, can't dodge or catch objects, then what chance has Bane got?

You are missing the point. Starkiller is superior to Bane in the force. You're basically saying Bane will just dodge all of Starkiller's force attacks. In that case you can just make a reasonable force duel between Sidious and Ahsoka, and say Ahsoka can dodge all Sidious's force attacks, since she is fast and all.

What i was getting at is Vader probably has a stronger command of the force than Bane, and maybe stronger force defenses, but was still eventually overpowered by Starkiller's TK attacks.

Darth_Glentract
Well, you know, Bane just happened to move a moon or whatever. No big deal, right? I'm sure he's not as strong as Galen in the Force *rolleyes*

Lightsnake
He moved a moon. Except he didn't. Nothing of the sort happens in Rule of Two

Darth_Glentract
Sorry that was an attempt at sarcasm.

Cpt. Valerian
Bane wins this one. I just don't see Starkiller beating him... Just no. Without the Orbalisks he has a better chance, but I'd say not enough of it.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Lightsnake
He moved a moon. Except he didn't. Nothing of the sort happens in Rule of Two

Am not doubting you but, can you please explain yourself because i hear a lot of people saying that bane moved a moon jokingly and, i have no access to the rule of two. sad

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Fan Skywalker
Am not doubting you but, can you please explain yourself because i hear a lot of people saying that bane moved a moon jokingly and, i have no access to the rule of two. sad

I also cannot fing Rule of Two anywhere in any book store near me. :/

Cpt. Valerian
Well, it simply isn't true. He did not move a moon. At least not in any of the books (released).

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Well, it simply isn't true. He did not move a moon. At least not in any of the books (released).

Thanks but why is the joke so popular?

Lucien A
Thanks but why is the joke so popular? It's thanks to one banned member... Nebaris? You've seen the name before. He constantly used Bane as a Deus ex Machina that couldn't be defeated by anyone short of LotF Luke or Jesus. His socks were easy to identify by their tendency to fellate the name of Bane and his "ability" to move a moon.

Darth_Glentract
No, that's not where I get it at least. I think it's actually up to some level of debate as to what really happened. Basically, Bane needed to get from Dxun to Onderon to find Zannah. His plan was to fly on one of the Dxun beasts and "nudge" the entire moon closer to Onderson so the atmospheres would touch. I guess it was retconned, or whatever. But it's definately one of those things that's kinda "out there."

Red Nemesis
Not according to RoT. He flies through open space.

Case closed.

Darth_Glentract
I'm just saying according to the original comics.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I'm just saying according to the original comics.

really? what original comics?

Autokrat
Originally posted by truejedi
really? what original comics?

The JvS comics.

Darth_Glentract
^Yep

Red Nemesis
They have since been retconned. They no longer matter. (at least on this issue)

truejedi
never read those. any of their content still good?

Darth_Glentract
How do we know they were retconned? I'm not saying that Bane did move a moon or anything, but unless some of importance (Lucas, Leeland Chee) says that the new books trump the comics, technically it's up for debate.

truejedi
eh, the book trumps the comic because it specifically says he flew into space. unless a comic SPECIFICALLY SAYS that he MOVED the moon, then it would fall behind the book because of lack of details.

Darth_Glentract
That makes sense. The comics do specifically say that he planned too, though, which means he thought he might be capable of it, I guess.

Red Nemesis
Also, isn't the most recent source accepted as canon?

B/C of my anti-comic bias, I put books over comics anyway.

Darth_Glentract
No, the newer stuff doesn't automatically override the old just because it's newer.

Lightsnake
Actually, that's kinda how it works. New sources take precedence.

1. the comic doesn't have Bane moving a moon. He meets Zannah and leaves with her, it ends there. Bane of the Sith, the short story, however, has Bane flying off, preparing to 'nudge' Dxun closer to Onderon. He's not shown doing so onscreen
2. Well, Rule of Two...he just flies between the worlds there.

Darth_Glentract
Since when do new sources automatically take precedence?

Lightsnake
Since a while. Just look at Path of Destruction.

Darth_Glentract
It doesn't automatically override the older stuff.

Lightsnake
Yes, it does. The Holocron word was "Newer sources take precedence."

Darth_Glentract
When was that stated?

Lightsnake
Somewhere in Chee's blog. It was posted to Wookieepedia, though. The general rule is that newer sources tend to take precedence

kotorfan

quoting lucien A (i think ur tangible god am i correct? i've been reading alot of the topics but i just don't feel like typing stuff) not sure if i pressed the right quote button..

anyways i like ur sarcasm

well i thought it was sarcasm.

kotorfan

i just reread the rule of two really quickly and i didn't see bane moving a moon anywhere.. well i admit that i skipped to the battle at the end but whatever..

oh and sry for double posting cuz idk how to quote 2 ppl in the same post

Darth_Glentract
Somewhere in Chee's blog. It was posted to Wookieepedia, though. The general rule is that newer sources tend to take precedence

Hmmm...I'll have to look that up

Lucien A
Originally posted by kotorfan
i just reread the rule of two really quickly and i didn't see bane moving a moon anywhere.. well i admit that i skipped to the battle at the end but whatever..

oh and sry for double posting cuz idk how to quote 2 ppl in the same post 1.) Copy, 2.) Edit, 3.) Paste.

Borbarad
Actually, that's kinda how it works. New sources take precedence.

1. the comic doesn't have Bane moving a moon. He meets Zannah and leaves with her, it ends there. Bane of the Sith, the short story, however, has Bane flying off, preparing to 'nudge' Dxun closer to Onderon. He's not shown doing so onscreen
2. Well, Rule of Two...he just flies between the worlds there.

How about a big "NOPE", there?

New sources don't automatically take precedence, Lightsnake. That's depended on what information is presented and how the information is presented. Obviously you can't thrust every comment of every damn character appearing in every damn SW story, if they blatantly contradict established canon.

Not to mention that LFL encourages debate among fans and therefore leaves a shitload of topics unresolved or statements concerning them vague. That's for example a reason why they:

- switched to the in-universe-narrators for most of the Guides
- don't hand out power-charts of the characters
- construct situations in the stories during fights in the stories that may not be replicateable by the characters involved.

etc. pp.

Everything outside the movies is entirely one giant grey zone in which everybody can pretty much believe what he / she wants.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Borbarad
How about a big "NOPE", there?

New sources don't automatically take precedence, Lightsnake. That's depended on what information is presented and how the information is presented. Obviously you can't thrust every comment of every damn character appearing in every damn SW story, if they blatantly contradict established canon.

Not to mention that LFL encourages debate among fans and therefore leaves a shitload of topics unresolved or statements concerning them vague. That's for example a reason why they:

- switched to the in-universe-narrators for most of the Guides
- don't hand out power-charts of the characters
- construct situations in the stories during fights in the stories that may not be replicateable by the characters involved.

etc. pp.

Everything outside the movies is entirely one giant grey zone in which everybody can pretty much believe what he / she wants.

Here's a thought: Show me some actual proof of anything you're saying here. Not your interpretation, some official word on the subject.

Because when people were getting upset about things like the New Essential Chronology and Path of Destruction, what was the answer given? "The newer source takes precedence, from what I can recall.

Hewhoknowsall
Starkiller beat the Emperor.

Lightsnake
No, he did not. The databank even says Starkiller knew he was no match for Palpatine

Darth_Glentract
Yeah Starkiller didn't stand a chance against Palpatine.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Starkiller beat the Emperor.

What are you smokin? smokin' (I want some) Last I checked the emperor lived. The quote that Lightsnake is referring to from the sw databank is, Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.

Lord Knightfa11
starkiller threw the emperor around a bit, but he was feigning weakness.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
There are other force attacks besides lightning. Would Bane's orbalisks protect him from being crushed to death by heavy machinery?

Yes. Bane survived a fall that left a crater that was 20 metres wide and 2 metres deep, and left three large flying beasts and their riders as a mountain of pulverised flesh. This was when Bane first got the orbalisks, two of them, each the size of a dinner plate. Bane survived because they healed him.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yes. Bane survived a fall that left a crater that was 20 metres wide and 2 metres deep, and left three large flying beasts and their riders as a mountain of pulverised flesh. This was when Bane first got the orbalisks, two of them, each the size of a dinner plate. Bane survived because they healed him.

Not quite. Bane survived because they allowed him to generate enough Dark side energy (Force power) to shield himself from the crash. His injuries is RoT were described as "limping an hunched over, with one arm clutched at his side." His injuries are clearly not life threatening. The orbalisks gave him power, but did not heal him from the brink of death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.