Who would is the most powerful person Thanos could beat with 2 years of prep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright Thanos is dedicating 730 day of preperation. No uber prep devices including Cosmic Cube IG HOTU no individual gems either just the power set that he had during his series and his smarts to help him. His opponet has no idea Thanos is going to attack until he starts the attack

Priest
Galactus probably.

fangirl101
Tyrant. Depowered.

Priest
Originally posted by fangirl101
Tyrant. Depowered.
I don't think T is the most powerful considering that Thanos is almost at the same level as Tyrant especially after he incorporated Tyrant's power orb with his own power.

Thanos can make another Omega Clone and sic it on Tyrant easily.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by golem370
Alright Thanos is dedicating 730 day of preperation. No uber prep devices including Cosmic Cube IG HOTU no individual gems either just the power set that he had during his series and his smarts to help him. His opponet has no idea Thanos is going to attack until he starts the attack

can he construct tech? I don't remember him having any plot-device like tech before, aside from his shields, time travel, teleportation, etc.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
I don't think T is the most powerful considering that Thanos is almost at the same level as Tyrant especially after he incorporated Tyrant's power orb with his own power.

Thanos can make another Omega Clone and sic it on Tyrant easily. That wasn't Tyrant's orb. Not even close. Dont' you remember the end of the story. tyrant had a huge one that he'd had. He pwned Thanos. He outsmarted Thanos. Thanos got a crap fake.

Badabing
Alright Thanos is dedicating 730 day of preperation. No uber prep devices including Cosmic Cube IG HOTU no individual gems either just the power set that he had during his series and his smarts to help him. His opponet has no idea Thanos is going to attack until he starts the attack Rhino. biscuits

Priest
That wasn't Tyrant's orb. Not even close. Dont' you remember the end of the story. tyrant had a huge one that he'd had. He pwned Thanos. He outsmarted Thanos. Thanos got a crap fake.
Im taking about the Orb that Thanos used to fight Tyrant, the one that hurt him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Rhino. biscuits Reported to digimark.

Tenebrous

Thanos can make another Omega Clone and sic it on Tyrant easily.

Omega wasn't that impressive on-panel. If Thanos could beat omega with minimal prep and several heroes-many streetlevel, some herald level-then Tyrant can most definitely beat omega the longer the battle lasts.

Making an omega clone also depends on thanos getting more of galactus' "DNA" (itself an absurdity, as Galactus is not a physical creature of the convetional sense)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Omega wasn't that impressive on-panel. If Thanos could beat omega with minimal prep and several heroes-many streetlevel, some herald level-then Tyrant can most definitely beat omega the longer the battle lasts.

Making an omega clone also depends on thanos getting more of galactus' "DNA" (itself an absurdity, as Galactus is not a physical creature of the convetional sense) How wasnt Omega impressive?

Priest

Making an omega clone also depends on thanos getting more of galactus' "DNA" (itself an absurdity, as Galactus is not a physical creature of the convetional sense)
Thanos was able to take down Omega with minimal prep because ah, he created it...

Knowing Thanos he probably has a stash of Galactus's DNA, that's in character imo.

Galactus having DNA is pretty ridiculous I'll admit, but it happned in a cannon source.

fangirl101
Im taking about the Orb that Thanos used to fight Tyrant, the one that hurt him. That wasn't tyrant's orb. That was morg's. And not even all of morg's power. And when did thanos absorb it into himself? Those orbs required special tech by tyrant. I never saw a panel showing thanos absorbing any orbs.

Endrict Nuul
Wolverine or Wonder Woman...

Priest
That wasn't tyrant's orb. That was morg's. And not even all of morg's power.
I know the Orb is from Morg, but Thanos took it from Tyrant, hence Tyrants orb...
And when did thanos absorb it into himself? Those orbs required special tech by tyrant. I never saw a panel showing thanos absorbing any orbs.
Oh how Thanos is so smart..
"I gaze at this acrane prise and muse it upon with my life"
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9885/tyrant3536qg3.jpg

fangirl101
I know the Orb is from Morg, but Thanos took it from Tyrant, hence Tyrants orb...

Oh how Thanos is so smart..
"I gaze at this acrane prise and muse it upon with my life"
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9885/tyrant3536qg3.jpg Thanos studies the orb for knowlege. Never says he absorbs it. he may have learned how tyrant bio processes energy.

Priest
Thanos studies the orb for knowlege. Never says he absorbs it. he may have learned how tyrant bio processes energy.
Muse means incorporate, absorb.
"Muse it upon my life"...

Endrict Nuul
Muse means incorporate, absorb.
"Muse with my life"...

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/muse/

http://www.answers.com/topic/muse

Bouboumaster
Living Tribunal

fangirl101
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/muse/

http://www.answers.com/topic/muse
Those Are interesting. They say muse means to study. to think. Kinda like what I said huh? Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Utrigita
Originally posted by quanchi112
How wasnt Omega impressive?

Because he was defeated by a planetary explosion?

Because he basically was a idiot?

Because he rellied on his ship for transport?

Tenebrous
How wasnt Omega impressive?

An abstract-level entity (doesn't have to be Omega; substitute Stranger, a Celestial, the Watcher, In-Betweener, etc.) was blinded by Spider-Man's webbing.

If I told you-on-pane-Eson the Searcher or Uatu or Arishem was blinded by Spider-Man's webbing, would you say that's a good showing for Spider-Man? Would you say a bad showing for Arishem? Or would you say an IMPRESSIVE showing for Arishem?

Omega was beaten by an explosion that was 1/2 of the explosion that Galactus survived in the Hunger story. Omega is supposedly 2X of Galactus' power, so as far as concerning on panel feats, Omega is actually 1/4 of the power that he was stated to have in the very same comic. Not impressive.

occultdestroyer
Odin

golem370
can he construct tech? I don't remember him having any plot-device like tech before, aside from his shields, time travel, teleportation, etc.

Yes he can make a weapon or come up with a plain or strategy just no uber prep weapons like I started

golem370
Take into consideration that with less then a week of prep he stop nearly killed Galactus and took down Hunger when he enter 616 he didn't stop him completely but slow him down quite abit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Because he was defeated by a planetary explosion?

Because he basically was a idiot?

Because he rellied on his ship for transport? He wasnt even finished. Thanos didnt budge him with a blast while he sent Galactus flying. Galactus depleted vital energies piercing one Thanos shield while Omega easily waded through three.

Omega had weaknesses that Galactus doesnt have but i clearly more powerful. Dnt ignore the writer's intentions simply because you dont like it.

Galactus was almost destroyed by a planetary explosion in Thanos own series.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
An abstract-level entity (doesn't have to be Omega; substitute Stranger, a Celestial, the Watcher, In-Betweener, etc.) was blinded by Spider-Man's webbing.

If I told you-on-pane-Eson the Searcher or Uatu or Arishem was blinded by Spider-Man's webbing, would you say that's a good showing for Spider-Man? Would you say a bad showing for Arishem? Or would you say an IMPRESSIVE showing for Arishem?

Omega was beaten by an explosion that was 1/2 of the explosion that Galactus survived in the Hunger story. Omega is supposedly 2X of Galactus' power, so as far as concerning on panel feats, Omega is actually 1/4 of the power that he was stated to have in the very same comic. Not impressive. It took away his sight for a moment and their resistance wasnt doing a thing to him.

The Watcher was recently beaten down by Rulk so I think its rather humorous you would bring him up.

Omega had flaws,but power wasnt one of them.

Reread my other post to see more of me just shredding the Omega hate in favor of galactus which doesnt make any sense and ignores the writer's intentions.

fangirl101

Omega was beaten by an explosion that was 1/2 of the explosion that Galactus survived in the Hunger story. Omega is supposedly 2X of Galactus' power, so as far as concerning on panel feats, Omega is actually 1/4 of the power that he was stated to have in the very same comic. Not impressive.

Utrigita
He wasnt even finished. Thanos didnt budge him with a blast while he sent Galactus flying. Galactus depleted vital energies piercing one Thanos shield while Omega easily waded through three.

Omega had weaknesses that Galactus doesnt have but i clearly more powerful. Dnt ignore the writer's intentions simply because you dont like it.

Galactus was almost destroyed by a planetary explosion in Thanos own series.

laughing out loud

When did "active ALL defensive shielding" turn into one shield? And Galactus was already at that point of time weakened, hence he depleted energy Omega was at full power and still at the beginning struggled to get past one Shield.

Don't ignore the on panel feats and numerous showings just because Thanos says that Omega is supposedly at least twice as powerful as Galactus something Omega never showed anything to support.

Galactus was almost "destroyed" after having used energy on breaking all of Thanos shields and having battled Hunger, and still a planetary collision and the bombs placed by Thanos wasn't sufficiant to Kill Galactus, but a planetary explosion was enough to kill a full powered Omega...

quanchi112
When did "active ALL defensive shielding" turn into one shield? And Galactus was already at that point of time weakened, hence he depleted energy Omega was at full power and still at the beginning struggled to get past one Shield.

Don't ignore the on panel feats and numerous showings just because Thanos says that Omega is supposedly at least twice as powerful as Galactus something Omega never showed anything to support.

Galactus was almost "destroyed" after having used energy on breaking all of Thanos shields and having battled Hunger, and still a planetary collision and the bombs placed by Thanos wasn't sufficiant to Kill Galactus, but a planetary explosion was enough to kill a full powered Omega... Galactus called it a mere force field. Meaning one. Thanos activated all defensive shielding available to him at the time into one field. Galactus needed to feed because of all the energy he depleted in doing so.

Thanos created Omega who also knew Galactus had a 60 percent chance of surviving the Hunger blast. Genis-vell also agreed with his cosmic senses that Thanos was correct about Omega being more powerful. I have had this out on herochat and looked into it.

Galactus isnt more powerful,but is more durable than Omega. Omega also had slower reaction times and was unfinished by Thanos. This is all explained in the comic.

It killed Omega because he relied on his ship. Omgea was clearly more powerful as it was stated by Thanos,backed up in the comic,and backed by Genis-vell. wink

Mindset

Omega was beaten by an explosion that was 1/2 of the explosion that Galactus survived in the Hunger story. Omega is supposedly 2X of Galactus' power, so as far as concerning on panel feats, Omega is actually 1/4 of the power that he was stated to have in the very same comic. Not impressive. Spiderman's webbing is a cosmic level weapon.

HOTU
IG
Webbing
Cosmic Cube

Tenebrous
It took away his sight for a moment and their resistance wasnt doing a thing to him.

The Watcher was recently beaten down by Rulk so I think its rather humorous you would bring him up.

Omega had flaws,but power wasnt one of them.

Reread my other post to see more of me just shredding the Omega hate in favor of galactus which doesnt make any sense and ignores the writer's intentions.

You did not shred, there are huge logical flaws in your argument friend.

Despite the fact that the attacks were doing nothing...Omega shouldn't be effected AT ALL by a street leveler. Isn't the inherent appeal of abstracts, cosmics, etc. that they are so far above the wolverine's, the hawkmen, the batmen, the iron men of the comics world that the standard rules that apply to spider-man and nightwing are irrelevant once we move into the cosmic scene?

The webbing is straight out a very pathetic showing...it doesn't matter if Omega was fighting the Living Tribunal and Spectre at the same time or even Jack Kirby himself...the bottom line is that street level techniques work on Omega, a supposed 2X an abstract-level entity.

I'm sure you'll agree with me that age of apocalypse wolverine slicing the silver surfer in half with adamantium is ludicrous (aside from the fact that it's an alternate reality). Galactus X 2 being blinded by webbing??? Even more ludicrous.

Anyway here is the major flaw. You keep mentioning the writer's intentions. What are starlin's intentions? The fact that he wrote that Omega was 2X galactus, or the fact that he drew Omega to be blinded by webbing, and eventually killed by a planetary blast? You are saying Starlin's intentions are just the writing ("don't ignore the writer's intentions"wink. By saying that, you implicitly are stating that you are unaware that starlin not only wrote, but drew infinity abyss. The whole damn comic, writing AND art, is his intention. You ignore 50% of his intention, and propose the other 50% as 100% of his intention.

On the other hand, we have the Hunger story, also written AND drawn by starlin, just like infinity abyss. If we're comparing the stories side by side, everything that has occurred within the comics is 100% starlin's intention. And his intent was to show Omega was immensly powerful but clumsy, had brute force but had no strategy, and was a relentless but angry, imprudent abomination, the result of an imperfect genetic engineering experiement and quite the opposite of Galactus and Thanos individually, and a total failure when looked at them combined.

Utrigita
Galactus called it a mere force field. Meaning one. Thanos activated all defensive shielding available to him at the time into one field. Galactus needed to feed because of all the energy he depleted in doing so.

Thanos created Omega who also knew Galactus had a 60 percent chance of surviving the Hunger blast. Genis-vell also agreed with his cosmic senses that Thanos was correct about Omega being more powerful. I have had this out on herochat and looked into it.

Galactus isnt more powerful,but is more durable than Omega. Omega also had slower reaction times and was unfinished by Thanos. This is all explained in the comic.

It killed Omega because he relied on his ship. Omgea was clearly more powerful as it was stated by Thanos,backed up in the comic,and backed by Genis-vell. wink

And Thanos called it All so who should we believe, Thanos, that also stats that Omega is twice Galactus, ore Galactus? Galactus needed to feed because he hadn't feed during the entire hunger act. That was the reason he had already teleported himself into the midst of a supernova and gathered all the Infinity Gems without absorbing a planet a single time.

Thanos knew that weakened Galactus had a 60% chance of surviving a planetary collision coupled with numerous bombs placed, Thanos also knew that Omega at full power wouldn't survive a planetary explosion.

Sorry but Galactus durability is combined with his powerlevel. The reference should be clear, Teleporting into the midst of a supernova later (when he has stated that he had depleted energy) he was visible hurt when the two planets collided. Need I say what is most powerful?

So in that Scenario Thanos can be used as a source but he cannot be used as a source in the scenario concerning his own Shields interesting. It was far from backed up in the comic, I didn't see a single outburst of power that comes near what Galactus can accomplishe when he is low on power in case you need to refresh you memory see annihilation 6, How many times have Genis-vell encountered Galactus after he has feed on three planets?

quanchi112
Ok,slow down guys. Im putting up most of these scans before I reply to either one of you.
This way people can see it is I who am correct while you both are twisting things and ignoring the writer's intetnion simply because it doesnt sit well with either of you.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/21-6.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/22-8.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/23-8.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/27-3.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/28-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/29-3.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/30-6.jpg

He wasnt even paying attention because he couldnt even phase him. LOL at both you making this into something which it clearly wasnt. He blocked his vision for a moment thats all.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/31-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/32-2.jpg

quanchi112
You did not shred, there are huge logical flaws in your argument friend.

Despite the fact that the attacks were doing nothing...Omega shouldn't be effected AT ALL by a street leveler. Isn't the inherent appeal of abstracts, cosmics, etc. that they are so far above the wolverine's, the hawkmen, the batmen, the iron men of the comics world that the standard rules that apply to spider-man and nightwing are irrelevant once we move into the cosmic scene?

The webbing is straight out a very pathetic showing...it doesn't matter if Omega was fighting the Living Tribunal and Spectre at the same time or even Jack Kirby himself...the bottom line is that street level techniques work on Omega, a supposed 2X an abstract-level entity.

I'm sure you'll agree with me that age of apocalypse wolverine slicing the silver surfer in half with adamantium is ludicrous (aside from the fact that it's an alternate reality). Galactus X 2 being blinded by webbing??? Even more ludicrous.

Anyway here is the major flaw. You keep mentioning the writer's intentions. What are starlin's intentions? The fact that he wrote that Omega was 2X galactus, or the fact that he drew Omega to be blinded by webbing, and eventually killed by a planetary blast? You are saying Starlin's intentions are just the writing ("don't ignore the writer's intentions"wink. By saying that, you implicitly are stating that you are unaware that starlin not only wrote, but drew infinity abyss. The whole damn comic, writing AND art, is his intention. You ignore 50% of his intention, and propose the other 50% as 100% of his intention.

On the other hand, we have the Hunger story, also written AND drawn by starlin, just like infinity abyss. If we're comparing the stories side by side, everything that has occurred within the comics is 100% starlin's intention. And his intent was to show Omega was immensly powerful but clumsy, had brute force but had no strategy, and was a relentless but angry, imprudent abomination, the result of an imperfect genetic engineering experiement and quite the opposite of Galactus and Thanos individually, and a total failure when looked at them combined. Omega wasnt affected at all. Spidey just blocked his vision for a second and didnt even pay attention to him.

You are mainly basing your entire flimsy argument off of Spiderman blocking his vision for a second. Thats all you have. Stomp your feet for all I care you are clearly pissed that this character was more powerful than Galactus.

Starlin had Thanos create Omega and speak about his power levels when asked which he did. Genis confirmed it. Case closed. Thanos couldnt budge Omega while he sent Galactus flying. Galactus also expended lots of energy on one field while Omega was fine after shredding through three.

Omega has more flaws than Galactus but was clearly more powerful which is stated in the comic. wink

quanchi112
And Thanos called it All so who should we believe, Thanos, that also stats that Omega is twice Galactus, ore Galactus? Galactus needed to feed because he hadn't feed during the entire hunger act. That was the reason he had already teleported himself into the midst of a supernova and gathered all the Infinity Gems without absorbing a planet a single time.

Thanos knew that weakened Galactus had a 60% chance of surviving a planetary collision coupled with numerous bombs placed, Thanos also knew that Omega at full power wouldn't survive a planetary explosion.

Sorry but Galactus durability is combined with his powerlevel. The reference should be clear, Teleporting into the midst of a supernova later (when he has stated that he had depleted energy) he was visible hurt when the two planets collided. Need I say what is most powerful?

So in that Scenario Thanos can be used as a source but he cannot be used as a source in the scenario concerning his own Shields interesting. It was far from backed up in the comic, I didn't see a single outburst of power that comes near what Galactus can accomplishe when he is low on power in case you need to refresh you memory see annihilation 6, How many times have Genis-vell encountered Galactus after he has feed on three planets? Thanos created him and Genis backed it up with his comsmic senses. You disagree because you dont like it. too bad.

Galactus was well-nourished during the Hunger arc. i suggest you reread it. I have already been over this on herochat while you seem to be forgetting things.

Omega is more powerful than Galactus not more durable. With his ship he would have survived and been powered up by the explosion. How can you accept Thanos knowing Galactus' survival vhances but disagree with his power level of Omega? big grin

That has no relevance when the statement and Omega's actions were very clear.

It was one shield. I explained that. All defensive shielding which Galactus explained was one shield. wink

The Galactus feat in annihilation was after these two stories and by a different writer. If galactus consumes the multiverse that has no bearing on Starlin's intentions. Give it up you have lost. smile

Utrigita
Thanos created him and Genis backed it up with his comsmic senses. You disagree because you dont like it. too bad.

Galactus was well-nourished during the Hunger arc. i suggest you reread it. I have already been over this on herochat while you seem to be forgetting things.

Omega is more powerful than Galactus not more durable. With his ship he would have survived and been powered up by the explosion. How can you accept Thanos knowing Galactus' survival vhances but disagree with his power level of Omega? big grin

That has no relevance when the statement and Omega's actions were very clear.

It was one shield. I explained that. All defensive shielding which Galactus explained was one shield. wink

The Galactus feat in annihilation was after these two stories and by a different writer. If galactus consumes the multiverse that has no bearing on Starlin's intentions. Give it up you have lost. smile

I disagree because I base my judgement on more then two statements concerning a character, especially since one of the characters that are making the comment has to my knowlegde never faced Galactus after he has absorbed three planets. That is what Genis was placing his statement concerning Omega on, Omega's current powerlevel at that time was full power (three planets), Galactus "normal" Powerlevel is hungry (in need of one planet).

Based on Thanos's observations on the Astral Plan the very same Thanos that you say are wrong concerning the number of shields he placed, Because obviously ALL defensive shielding cannot simply he one shield, the reference to ALL excludes the possibility of it being one.

Really, Based on what? Two statments? I have already given a example to illustrate how Galactus durability is combined with his powerlevel, and nothing changes the fact that a depleted Galactus survived a Planetary Collision while Omega didn't survive a planetary explosion. So Omega cannot even absorb a planet without his ship and you say his powerlevel is above Galactus.... I simply used you own words Quanchi if you recall it you said 60%. Not I.

His actions certainly wasn't clear enough to in any way justify Thanos statement that Omega > Galactus.

All defensive shielding obvious cannot only mean one shield when Thanos demonstrated during the confrontation with Omega that he had more then one shield.

The fact remains that Galactus has shown a far greater level of energy then Omega, ore perhaps you can provide me with a scan where Omega teleports a Galaxy.. Thought not...

Tenebrous
quanch, your logic is flawed. You're also confusing my rational and logical deconstruction of your argument for anger. You need to return with logic on your own end.

Galactus was not refering to Thanos' shields in a literal term. I am extremely good at writing and being articulate when I need to-this means I can interpret in kind.

Galactus uses the term "a mere force field" as a DESCRIPTIVE term. How do I know (and how do you, and the reader know, that it is a descriptive term)? Because Galactus states it in a comparitive context. Thanos activates all defensive shielding (i.e., more than three shields, unless you want to argue that he has different levels of shielding per each individual shield-that burden of proof is on you) but no matter how many shields he throws up, 1 or 1000, the main objective is that the shields form a primary barrier for means of defense. Galactus uses the term "a mere force field" to be dismissive of Thanos' overall attempt at defense, not the quantifiable number of methods he uses.

It's much more of a comparitive statement for Galactus to say "never before had I had to exert myself to pierce a mere forefield!" than to say "never before had I had to exert myself to pierce all the defensive shields of an opponent!" The bottom line is that Galactus is comparing Thanos' defences (his force fied) against previous experience. Again you can disagree all you want, but this is a matter of sentence structure and sentence intent, and I know I am right. If you want to disagree, fine. Analyze the sentence.

Anyway...I can use your own words against you and say you can stamp your feet all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Thanos quite explicitly said "activate ALL DEFENSIVE SHIELDING." Now you're welcome to argue that all defensive shielding still constitutes 1 shield for Thanos. Obviously, you will need to provide scans that show Thanos has different degrees of shielding, for each shield he uses.

RE: spider-man's webbing. It doesn't matter if you think I'm angry or whatever, this is a major sticking point. Street-level tactics by Spider-Man made Omega, a purported 2x an abstract power, to be blind. Because of Spider-Man's webbing, Omega was blind and didn't notice the heroes disappear, as you showed in the scans.

Contrast this to Secret Wars Galactus, who knew Dr. Doom was invading Taa II, hundreds of thousands of kilometers away from the surface of battle world.

From these scans you provided we know for a fact:

1. Omega needs to see to appraise a battle situation.
2. He has some cosmic awareness, but not anywhere near the degree of Galactus

Now you've admitted Omega has flaws, which is what I'm discussing above. My point is that these flaws DO NOT make Omega impressive, which was your original contention.

Omega can be hyped all you want, but at the end of the day

1. He pierced three levels of shielding, vs. Galactus piercing all of Thanos' shielding, unless you want to interpret it as one level, as I discussed above. For the sake of your argument, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Omega=Galactus in energy projection.

2. He is not as cosmically aware as Galactus.

Spider-Man webbing blinds Omega, allowing heroes to flee.

This is exactly equal to

Spider-Man webbing blinds the Black Cat, allowing heroes to flee.

Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>Omega in cosmic awareness, situation appraisal.

3. You admitted Galactus is more durable than Omega, per the Hunger story. As Utrigita mentioned, Galactus' durability is directly commesurate with his hunger level, which is-surprise-directly commesurate with his powerlevel. We'll set that aside and just say that Galactus>Omega in durability.

Capt Marvel's statement: Omega is 2X Galactus in power

Omega displayed

1. Energy projection at best = to Galactus. advantage, neither (assuming you can prove Thanos has multiple degrees of shielding per each level of shielding. Otherwise, Galactus>Omega in energy projection)

2. Cosmic awareness<<<<<<<Galactus

3. Durability (by your own admission, and again proven by on panel feats)<<<Galactus

I'd say those three things (cosmic wareness, durability, energy projection) broadly encompass what we'd call Galactus' power.

Explain how Omega is impressive, based off those conclusions, one by your own admission.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, Tene your saying that spiderman effecting Omega is somehow different then The Thing knocking down Galactus. That doesn't make much sense either now does it. You don't think they try and incorporate favorite characters into storylines and have them do things that most likely wouldn't work for the sake of the story? This doesn't happen? I'll hope you'll be honest and concede that spiderman doing such doesn't take away from The Omegas power in the least.

Tenebrous
The Thing knocking down Galactus is not to be dismissed. It is a low showing. But how do I know it is a low showing?

Thing knocked down Galactus in a comic that's what, 25, 30 years old? Possible older. There's a whole range of feats that Galactus has to measure against and know that thing knocking him down is a low showing.

How many feats does Omega have, aside from Infinity Abyss? NONE.

They're both low showings. The difference in Galactus' case is we know that it is a low showing as he's demonstrated powers much higher (holding off blasts from avengers+ff while near death, ignoring SS blasts, remain standing when shot by the phoenix force, etc.). Omega got blinded in his first and only appearance. If he comes tomorrow and gets blinded by still vaporizes all surrounding heroes, then i'll conceed it has nothing to do with Omega's powers.

But considering he got blinded in his debut, and not only that, his only appearence, by street-level tactics which allowed all his enemies to escape...it's quite sad.

You're asking me to conceed that it has nothing to do with Omega's powers....why does it have nothing to do with Omega's powers?

You want me to write it off because it shouldn't happen...and I agree it shouldn't happen.

However it happened on panel and Omega has not displayed anything subsequent to that display.

Galactus has been knocked down by the thing yet has vaporized multiple herald-levels in one attack, destroyed a watcher with one blast, etc. He has done these feats with some regularity.

What has omega done to convince me, to make me concede that Spider-Man blinding him is a low showing? What has he done that supercedes that?

Tell me and I will concede.

quanchi112
I disagree because I base my judgement on more then two statements concerning a character, especially since one of the characters that are making the comment has to my knowlegde never faced Galactus after he has absorbed three planets. That is what Genis was placing his statement concerning Omega on, Omega's current powerlevel at that time was full power (three planets), Galactus "normal" Powerlevel is hungry (in need of one planet).

Based on Thanos's observations on the Astral Plan the very same Thanos that you say are wrong concerning the number of shields he placed, Because obviously ALL defensive shielding cannot simply he one shield, the reference to ALL excludes the possibility of it being one.

Really, Based on what? Two statments? I have already given a example to illustrate how Galactus durability is combined with his powerlevel, and nothing changes the fact that a depleted Galactus survived a Planetary Collision while Omega didn't survive a planetary explosion. So Omega cannot even absorb a planet without his ship and you say his powerlevel is above Galactus.... I simply used you own words Quanchi if you recall it you said 60%. Not I.

His actions certainly wasn't clear enough to in any way justify Thanos statement that Omega > Galactus.

All defensive shielding obvious cannot only mean one shield when Thanos demonstrated during the confrontation with Omega that he had more then one shield.

The fact remains that Galactus has shown a far greater level of energy then Omega, ore perhaps you can provide me with a scan where Omega teleports a Galaxy.. Thought not... So,because a character like Genis who has cosmic awareness says something you ignore it because you never saw it on panel? Its clear that was the writers intention with Thanos stating it while Genis backed it up. Disagree all you want,but you know Im right.

Omega was at full power and Galactus was well-nourished in thanos series. Galactus again depleted his energies and was sent flying by Thanos. Omega didnt budge when Thanos attacked him. Didnt move inch. This is kinda easy to see if you only open your eyes.

Thanos called all defensive shielding into one shield. He plainly said three shields in the omega arc. What arent you getting?

Are you saying power level equates durability? laughing out loud Based on? Omega was flawed. I am not denying that. Thanos didnt finish him. He was more powerful though. Thanos wasnt wrong about that when he was right about cloning Galactus,speaking about his reaction deficiencies,knew exactly how to defeat him,knew how to defeat the Hunger,knew that Galactus had a 60 percent chance of survival and wrong about his power level? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Forgive me while I laugh myself into hysterics. Genis backed up what Thanos stated. Thanos' words should be enough since he created Galactus but we also have Genis backing his words and that still isnt enough. Truly funny.

Omega was killed in one arc while Galactus has been around for a long time. Just because Galactus has more feats that doesnt mean he was more powerful. Not at all. smile

quanchi112
quanch, your logic is flawed. You're also confusing my rational and logical deconstruction of your argument for anger. You need to return with logic on your own end.

Galactus was not refering to Thanos' shields in a literal term. I am extremely good at writing and being articulate when I need to-this means I can interpret in kind.

Galactus uses the term "a mere force field" as a DESCRIPTIVE term. How do I know (and how do you, and the reader know, that it is a descriptive term)? Because Galactus states it in a comparitive context. Thanos activates all defensive shielding (i.e., more than three shields, unless you want to argue that he has different levels of shielding per each individual shield-that burden of proof is on you) but no matter how many shields he throws up, 1 or 1000, the main objective is that the shields form a primary barrier for means of defense. Galactus uses the term "a mere force field" to be dismissive of Thanos' overall attempt at defense, not the quantifiable number of methods he uses.

It's much more of a comparitive statement for Galactus to say "never before had I had to exert myself to pierce a mere forefield!" than to say "never before had I had to exert myself to pierce all the defensive shields of an opponent!" The bottom line is that Galactus is comparing Thanos' defences (his force fied) against previous experience. Again you can disagree all you want, but this is a matter of sentence structure and sentence intent, and I know I am right. If you want to disagree, fine. Analyze the sentence.

Anyway...I can use your own words against you and say you can stamp your feet all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Thanos quite explicitly said "activate ALL DEFENSIVE SHIELDING." Now you're welcome to argue that all defensive shielding still constitutes 1 shield for Thanos. Obviously, you will need to provide scans that show Thanos has different degrees of shielding, for each shield he uses.

RE: spider-man's webbing. It doesn't matter if you think I'm angry or whatever, this is a major sticking point. Street-level tactics by Spider-Man made Omega, a purported 2x an abstract power, to be blind. Because of Spider-Man's webbing, Omega was blind and didn't notice the heroes disappear, as you showed in the scans.

Contrast this to Secret Wars Galactus, who knew Dr. Doom was invading Taa II, hundreds of thousands of kilometers away from the surface of battle world.

From these scans you provided we know for a fact:

1. Omega needs to see to appraise a battle situation.
2. He has some cosmic awareness, but not anywhere near the degree of Galactus

Now you've admitted Omega has flaws, which is what I'm discussing above. My point is that these flaws DO NOT make Omega impressive, which was your original contention.

Omega can be hyped all you want, but at the end of the day

1. He pierced three levels of shielding, vs. Galactus piercing all of Thanos' shielding, unless you want to interpret it as one level, as I discussed above. For the sake of your argument, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Omega=Galactus in energy projection.

2. He is not as cosmically aware as Galactus.

Spider-Man webbing blinds Omega, allowing heroes to flee.

This is exactly equal to

Spider-Man webbing blinds the Black Cat, allowing heroes to flee.

Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>Omega in cosmic awareness, situation appraisal.

3. You admitted Galactus is more durable than Omega, per the Hunger story. As Utrigita mentioned, Galactus' durability is directly commesurate with his hunger level, which is-surprise-directly commesurate with his powerlevel. We'll set that aside and just say that Galactus>Omega in durability.

Capt Marvel's statement: Omega is 2X Galactus in power

Omega displayed

1. Energy projection at best = to Galactus. advantage, neither (assuming you can prove Thanos has multiple degrees of shielding per each level of shielding. Otherwise, Galactus>Omega in energy projection)

2. Cosmic awareness<<<<<<<Galactus

3. Durability (by your own admission, and again proven by on panel feats)<<<Galactus

I'd say those three things (cosmic wareness, durability, energy projection) broadly encompass what we'd call Galactus' power.

Explain how Omega is impressive, based off those conclusions, one by your own admission. Yes,Galactus was imo. There is no proof that he had more than one shield. He had all his defensive shielding at the time converted into one shield. We KNOW FOR A FACT that Thanos had THREE(3) SHIELDS AGAINST OMEGA.

I have heard this argument before and I see your point,but I am arguing facts vs speculation here. 3>your speculation. How many did Thanos erect then?

In secret wars didnt Doom usurp galctus' powers? Why didnt he see that coming?

1.When Omega was separated from his craft Thanos stated in my scans that he could only rely in his senses. He has more weaknesses than Galactus and thats all well and good considering he wasnt finished before he was activated. Read the scan again. Separating him from his ship really put him at a disadvantage.

2.I never said he had cosmic awareness to the degree of Galactus. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Omega was impressive,but was taken out from a team that is by far and away more impressive than the ff4 and the team assembled in the devourer to take him down.

1.3>your speculation of all defensive shielding. Mine is a concrete fact while you ask me to buy into your speculation with no proof behind it. Thanos was prepared to go to war with Omega,while he called on all defensive shielding and wasnt ready to take on Galactus. Use some common sense and think about which shields would be better in each of these situations.

2.Omega relied on his ship more than Galactus. I never said that Omega was more of a threat than Galactus,but that he was simply more powerful.

3.Galactus is more durable without Omega's ship there. Keep in mind Thanos didnt complete working out his kinks.

Cosmic awareness has nothing to do with power it has to do with ability. Power is power. Omega had more power than Gaalctus and that was the writer's intention. Accept it.

He is impressive because he managed to easily be above anything that Thanos,Genis-vell,Dr.Strange,Warlock and his soul gem could physically do to him. He was defeated due to his reaction defect and being separated from his ship. Saying Omega isnt impressive is being flat out ignorant.

quanchi112
The Thing knocking down Galactus is not to be dismissed. It is a low showing. But how do I know it is a low showing?

Thing knocked down Galactus in a comic that's what, 25, 30 years old? Possible older. There's a whole range of feats that Galactus has to measure against and know that thing knocking him down is a low showing.

How many feats does Omega have, aside from Infinity Abyss? NONE.

They're both low showings. The difference in Galactus' case is we know that it is a low showing as he's demonstrated powers much higher (holding off blasts from avengers+ff while near death, ignoring SS blasts, remain standing when shot by the phoenix force, etc.). Omega got blinded in his first and only appearance. If he comes tomorrow and gets blinded by still vaporizes all surrounding heroes, then i'll conceed it has nothing to do with Omega's powers.

But considering he got blinded in his debut, and not only that, his only appearence, by street-level tactics which allowed all his enemies to escape...it's quite sad.

You're asking me to conceed that it has nothing to do with Omega's powers....why does it have nothing to do with Omega's powers?

You want me to write it off because it shouldn't happen...and I agree it shouldn't happen.

However it happened on panel and Omega has not displayed anything subsequent to that display.

Galactus has been knocked down by the thing yet has vaporized multiple herald-levels in one attack, destroyed a watcher with one blast, etc. He has done these feats with some regularity.

What has omega done to convince me, to make me concede that Spider-Man blinding him is a low showing? What has he done that supercedes that?

Tell me and I will concede. I see that you are trying to downplay this event while using it as the crux of your argument. Spiderman did nothing but temporarily take away the vision of Omega. He didnt defeat him. LOL.

These heroes and their combined powers were doing nothing but irritating this behemoth. Its right in the scans and you choose to ignore it because of your love of Galactus.

Omega wasnt knocked around by anyone and was defeated by a concentrated attack. Reread the issue an accept galactus' low showings please.

The Pict
Originally posted by Badabing
Rhino. biscuits

laughing out loud

quanchi112
As to this thread. Without powerful artifacts I could say him taking out Galactus,Tyrant, and The Spectre to name a few.

kgkg
Prep is unpredictible knowing Thanos past record he can do good things with.

people forgot that lot of Thanos showings have a lot of prep involved he things out the outcome before getting involed.
2 years = Sky is the limit

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Prep is unpredictible knowing Thanos past record he can do good things with.

people forgot that lot of Thanos showings have a lot of prep involved he things out the outcome before getting involed.
2 years = Sky is the limit Pretty much. He beat the hunger pretty quickly with very little prep. The hunger was capable of eating the entire reality. Sky is certainly the limit here.

Wei Phoenix
Squirrel Girl!

batdude123

God.

Bentley
It says on panel that crappy Omega is Thanos deadliest creation. He ain't beating Galactus with the UN.

Tenebrous
Yes,Galactus was imo. There is no proof that he had more than one shield. He had all his defensive shielding at the time converted into one shield. We KNOW FOR A FACT that Thanos had THREE(3) SHIELDS AGAINST OMEGA.

I have heard this argument before and I see your point,but I am arguing facts vs speculation here. 3>your speculation. How many did Thanos erect then?

In secret wars didnt Doom usurp galctus' powers? Why didnt he see that coming?

1.When Omega was separated from his craft Thanos stated in my scans that he could only rely in his senses. He has more weaknesses than Galactus and thats all well and good considering he wasnt finished before he was activated. Read the scan again. Separating him from his ship really put him at a disadvantage.

2.I never said he had cosmic awareness to the degree of Galactus. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Omega was impressive,but was taken out from a team that is by far and away more impressive than the ff4 and the team assembled in the devourer to take him down.

1.3>your speculation of all defensive shielding. Mine is a concrete fact while you ask me to buy into your speculation with no proof behind it. Thanos was prepared to go to war with Omega,while he called on all defensive shielding and wasnt ready to take on Galactus. Use some common sense and think about which shields would be better in each of these situations.

2.Omega relied on his ship more than Galactus. I never said that Omega was more of a threat than Galactus,but that he was simply more powerful.

3.Galactus is more durable without Omega's ship there. Keep in mind Thanos didnt complete working out his kinks.

Cosmic awareness has nothing to do with power it has to do with ability. Power is power. Omega had more power than Gaalctus and that was the writer's intention. Accept it.

He is impressive because he managed to easily be above anything that Thanos,Genis-vell,Dr.Strange,Warlock and his soul gem could physically do to him. He was defeated due to his reaction defect and being separated from his ship. Saying Omega isnt impressive is being flat out ignorant.

We know for a fact that Thanos used ALL DEFENSIVE SHIELDING.

All>3. That's not speculation, that's straight from Thanos' and Starlin's mouth. You're speculating that Thanos used one shield. Just explain to me how activating all defensive shielding constitutes throwing up one shield. Explain it logically and soundly. Because Galactus saying "a mere force field" is DEPENDENT on Thanos actually using 1 forcefield. The fact that Galactus says it does not mean that's what Thanos used, the fact that Galactus says it is because it is what he observes, as argued by me in my previous post.

However, let's look at this logically. Let us assume you are right, and Thanos is indeed using one shield.

You now must prove that when Thanos says "activate all defensive shielding" that explicitly means "activate 1 shield" as you contest. Nevermind what Galactus says, forget about that for a second.

Provide scans or definitive proof of Thanos using only 1 shield, when he commands all shielding available to him to activate.

Prove this to be true, and I will shut up and never question your points again.

I ask you to do this because this would validate taking galactus' statement at face value, which is your interpretation.
You MUST prove this to be true. IF not, it would mean either Thanos or Galactus is flat out lying/ignorant.

Galactus saying "a mere force field" is a comparative statement, as I've said.

Humor me here in a little hypothetical situation. Suppose you are cyclops. Lined up before you in a group is venom, archangel, spider-man, sandman, iceman. You fire your optic blasts at them. Each has some method of physically shielding themselves from your optic blasts. You are confident, borderline arrogant. You know that every opponent before you has used something-a shield of ice, a shield of steel, a shield of fire, whatever, to block your optic blasts. But your optic blasts have penetrated them all with ease. So, since your blasts are strong you can easily breeze through all the barriers of the group in front of you.

Having eliminated the previous group, you now face magneto. He puts up 4 levels of magnetic shields. You fire a blast, but it's not as easy as the group you just breezed through. So you try a little harder. Eventually you get through the 4 levels of magnetic shields.

Your challenge now is to write one sentence. You must compliment Magneto on having the strongest defense against your optic blasts you've ever encountered. But you can only compliment Magneto by telling him how hard you had to try against his method of defense, and how easy it was with everyone else's method of defense. This must all be in one sentence.

Doom usurped Galactus' powers as Galactus was prepping to fight against the most powerful entity ever featured opposite marvel characters. That however has nothing to do with Galactus standing on a mountain and expelling doom from his ship...far out in orbit and indeed out of the solar system, as Taa II itself is the size of a solar system.

1. that's fine, he was disadvantaged. It's a detriment for Omega to be separated from his ship, that's fine, I'm not arguing that or saying it's not true. Note that Galactus is not disadvantaged from being separated from his ship, as he relies more on his ship's tech for feeding. I can provide examples of this if you require it.

2. You don't grasp what i'm getting at. You never stated Omega has cosmic awareness to the degree of Galactus. That's correct and I agree 1000% with your statement, so we can both confidently say I never had any intent to put words into your mouth. Again, Galactus has higher cosmic awareness than Omega, we agree on this, and that's the end of this issue.

3. I agree that the team assembled in Devourer was far less impressive than the team assembled here. There's no contention from me there. What does a near-death Galactus have anything to do with an imperfect Omega? I didn't bring up the devourer story in my post to you.

4. Omega's ship has nothing to do with this at all. Why do you bring this up? Does omega's tech contribute to how impressive himself is? If it is, then by correlation we must measure Omega's tech against Galactus' tech, which hasn't even been discussed or brought up in our debate till now.

Cosmic awareness has nothing to do with power, that I agree with. Why do you think I'm disagreeing with you?? Explain.

Lastly, explain the areas where Omega>>Galactus. All of them.

I will make it very clear:

Omega is impressive because he can/does ___________ better than Galactus.

Just fill in the blank, rinse, repeat.

Tenebrous
I see that you are trying to downplay this event while using it as the crux of your argument. Spiderman did nothing but temporarily take away the vision of Omega. He didnt defeat him. LOL.

These heroes and their combined powers were doing nothing but irritating this behemoth. Its right in the scans and you choose to ignore it because of your love of Galactus.

Omega wasnt knocked around by anyone and was defeated by a concentrated attack. Reread the issue an accept galactus' low showings please.

Did thing defeat Galactus? LOL.

Galactus has durability feats that safely put the Thing feat into the realm of a low showing.

Tell me quanch, just confirm what happened to Omega after he was blinded by Spider-Man. I'll tell you..HE DIED. See, I was looking at the scans Happy Dance

occultdestroyer
Still Odin.
And if it's his best day, RKT.

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Still Odin.
And if it's his best day, RKT. no expression

Utrigita
So,because a character like Genis who has cosmic awareness says something you ignore it because you never saw it on panel? Its clear that was the writers intention with Thanos stating it while Genis backed it up. Disagree all you want,but you know Im right.

Omega was at full power and Galactus was well-nourished in thanos series. Galactus again depleted his energies and was sent flying by Thanos. Omega didnt budge when Thanos attacked him. Didnt move inch. This is kinda easy to see if you only open your eyes.

Thanos called all defensive shielding into one shield. He plainly said three shields in the omega arc. What arent you getting?

Are you saying power level equates durability? laughing out loud Based on? Omega was flawed. I am not denying that. Thanos didnt finish him. He was more powerful though. Thanos wasnt wrong about that when he was right about cloning Galactus,speaking about his reaction deficiencies,knew exactly how to defeat him,knew how to defeat the Hunger,knew that Galactus had a 60 percent chance of survival and wrong about his power level? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Forgive me while I laugh myself into hysterics. Genis backed up what Thanos stated. Thanos' words should be enough since he created Galactus but we also have Genis backing his words and that still isnt enough. Truly funny.

Omega was killed in one arc while Galactus has been around for a long time. Just because Galactus has more feats that doesnt mean he was more powerful. Not at all. smile

No I don't know you are right, Genis makes a calculation based on a unfair assesment, he has never encounted anything else then a hungry Galactus (too my knowlegde) but now he encounteres a being that is powered to full capacity from having used tech to devour three planets, Again Has Genis-Vell ever encountered a Galactus that had feasted on three worlds`

Galactus was well noirished based on a assesment made by Thanos in the Astral plan, Galactus went through much since that assesment from Thanos, Omega was at full power. If we take what have been said etc. we have a blast from Thanos that is said to level a mountain not affecting Omega would you like a blast of another blast that leveled a mountain but produced the exact same result against Galactus only annoyed him?

Obvious you are the one that doesn't get it, and I can read that Tenebrous have already pointed out that 1. the burden of proof concerning your theory is on you and 2. that "ALL" cannot in any way refere to one unless Thanos always have one shield ready but as shown against Omega that wasn't the case he has atleast four ready (the first Omega blasted through and the three others), so clearly one shield isn't all shields thanos have at his disposal.

Yes and the scans supports me must I really pull them out? Again Galactus well noirished (according to thanos) entered a supernova with no visible marks to show, later when Galactus himself stats that he has lost energy he is shown affected by a planetary collision. Again what is most powerful a planetary collision ore a Supernova? But Thanos was according to you obviously wrong about his own number of shields?

Sorry if we continue. Again has Genis encountered a Galactus that has feasted on three worlds? I have always been of the understanding that On Panel Showings is above On Panel comments. And According to what Thanos said Omega is above Galactus, but Omega lacks the on panel showing to in any way reach the level that Galactus has been shown operating under.

And in that one Arc Omega failed to show anything that places him near Galactus, as Tenebrous have so brilliant showed in his previous post Galactus outranks ore Equals Omega in the three most defining aspects and that is based on one arc and one older comic. Does Omega has the feats to in any way support you claim that he is above Galactus, not the slighest.

Rhinoceros
Thanos used 3 "personal" force fields when Omega hit him, does he actually need to call upon his "personal" force fields audibly all the time? Or did he use his ship's shields when Galactus blasted him? Forgive me as I haven't read the arc in ages.

TheBadguy
With 2 years he could rival pretty much anyone. He'll make his own artifact.

quanchi112
We know for a fact that Thanos used ALL DEFENSIVE SHIELDING.

All>3. That's not speculation, that's straight from Thanos' and Starlin's mouth. You're speculating that Thanos used one shield. Just explain to me how activating all defensive shielding constitutes throwing up one shield. Explain it logically and soundly. Because Galactus saying "a mere force field" is DEPENDENT on Thanos actually using 1 forcefield. The fact that Galactus says it does not mean that's what Thanos used, the fact that Galactus says it is because it is what he observes, as argued by me in my previous post.

However, let's look at this logically. Let us assume you are right, and Thanos is indeed using one shield.

You now must prove that when Thanos says "activate all defensive shielding" that explicitly means "activate 1 shield" as you contest. Nevermind what Galactus says, forget about that for a second.

Provide scans or definitive proof of Thanos using only 1 shield, when he commands all shielding available to him to activate.

Prove this to be true, and I will shut up and never question your points again.

I ask you to do this because this would validate taking galactus' statement at face value, which is your interpretation.
You MUST prove this to be true. IF not, it would mean either Thanos or Galactus is flat out lying/ignorant.

Galactus saying "a mere force field" is a comparative statement, as I've said.

Humor me here in a little hypothetical situation. Suppose you are cyclops. Lined up before you in a group is venom, archangel, spider-man, sandman, iceman. You fire your optic blasts at them. Each has some method of physically shielding themselves from your optic blasts. You are confident, borderline arrogant. You know that every opponent before you has used something-a shield of ice, a shield of steel, a shield of fire, whatever, to block your optic blasts. But your optic blasts have penetrated them all with ease. So, since your blasts are strong you can easily breeze through all the barriers of the group in front of you.

Having eliminated the previous group, you now face magneto. He puts up 4 levels of magnetic shields. You fire a blast, but it's not as easy as the group you just breezed through. So you try a little harder. Eventually you get through the 4 levels of magnetic shields.

Your challenge now is to write one sentence. You must compliment Magneto on having the strongest defense against your optic blasts you've ever encountered. But you can only compliment Magneto by telling him how hard you had to try against his method of defense, and how easy it was with everyone else's method of defense. This must all be in one sentence.

Doom usurped Galactus' powers as Galactus was prepping to fight against the most powerful entity ever featured opposite marvel characters. That however has nothing to do with Galactus standing on a mountain and expelling doom from his ship...far out in orbit and indeed out of the solar system, as Taa II itself is the size of a solar system.

1. that's fine, he was disadvantaged. It's a detriment for Omega to be separated from his ship, that's fine, I'm not arguing that or saying it's not true. Note that Galactus is not disadvantaged from being separated from his ship, as he relies more on his ship's tech for feeding. I can provide examples of this if you require it.

2. You don't grasp what i'm getting at. You never stated Omega has cosmic awareness to the degree of Galactus. That's correct and I agree 1000% with your statement, so we can both confidently say I never had any intent to put words into your mouth. Again, Galactus has higher cosmic awareness than Omega, we agree on this, and that's the end of this issue.

3. I agree that the team assembled in Devourer was far less impressive than the team assembled here. There's no contention from me there. What does a near-death Galactus have anything to do with an imperfect Omega? I didn't bring up the devourer story in my post to you.

4. Omega's ship has nothing to do with this at all. Why do you bring this up? Does omega's tech contribute to how impressive himself is? If it is, then by correlation we must measure Omega's tech against Galactus' tech, which hasn't even been discussed or brought up in our debate till now.

Cosmic awareness has nothing to do with power, that I agree with. Why do you think I'm disagreeing with you?? Explain.

Lastly, explain the areas where Omega>>Galactus. All of them.

I will make it very clear:

Omega is impressive because he can/does ___________ better than Galactus.

Just fill in the blank, rinse, repeat. We dont know how many all is. You are speculating that all is greater than 3. You are not reasonable here at all.

I already explained that Thanos used all defensive shielding around himself to form one shield. He was prepared to engage Omega and brought three powerful shields. Galactus was a last second thing because he was about to do something really idiotic. He was about to release Hunger.

Galactus words and common sense prove it. You are in denial are are trying to equate all as greater than 3. laughing out loud

I see you rlogic and reasoning but it doesnt add up. A mere forcefield equals 1 when Thanos used the word three to describe the number of shields used against Omega.

1.Omega wasnt as intelligent as Galactus and his reaction time really made him lose in the end imo. Good thing Thanos didnt finish him.

2.I never said anything different. Omega is more powerful than Galactus. Thats the only thing I said and that he was impressive.

3.You keep bringing up spiderman when he just blocked his vision for a second. I just wanted to point out the fact that this team would annihilate the jokesters who killed Galactus in the devourer story.

4.Omega relied on his ship moreso than Galactus. Thats why they were able to defeat him. Reread the story if you still arent getting it.

Omega is more powerful than Galactus. I never even stated that Omega could defeat Galactus in a battle. I think Omega was very impressive for the team that it took to defeat him,his power level,and the fact he was an unfinished clone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
It says on panel that crappy Omega is Thanos deadliest creation. He ain't beating Galactus with the UN. Who said he could?Originally posted by Tenebrous
Did thing defeat Galactus? LOL.

Galactus has durability feats that safely put the Thing feat into the realm of a low showing.

Tell me quanch, just confirm what happened to Omega after he was blinded by Spider-Man. I'll tell you..HE DIED. See, I was looking at the scans Happy Dance Spiderman didnt do a thing to Omega but distract him. Why you keep bringing this up shows me you know Im correct. You cling to this. I put up the scans so everyone can see that Spiderman was a nonfactor.

quanchi112
No I don't know you are right, Genis makes a calculation based on a unfair assesment, he has never encounted anything else then a hungry Galactus (too my knowlegde) but now he encounteres a being that is powered to full capacity from having used tech to devour three planets, Again Has Genis-Vell ever encountered a Galactus that had feasted on three worlds`

Galactus was well noirished based on a assesment made by Thanos in the Astral plan, Galactus went through much since that assesment from Thanos, Omega was at full power. If we take what have been said etc. we have a blast from Thanos that is said to level a mountain not affecting Omega would you like a blast of another blast that leveled a mountain but produced the exact same result against Galactus only annoyed him?

Obvious you are the one that doesn't get it, and I can read that Tenebrous have already pointed out that 1. the burden of proof concerning your theory is on you and 2. that "ALL" cannot in any way refere to one unless Thanos always have one shield ready but as shown against Omega that wasn't the case he has atleast four ready (the first Omega blasted through and the three others), so clearly one shield isn't all shields thanos have at his disposal.

Yes and the scans supports me must I really pull them out? Again Galactus well noirished (according to thanos) entered a supernova with no visible marks to show, later when Galactus himself stats that he has lost energy he is shown affected by a planetary collision. Again what is most powerful a planetary collision ore a Supernova? But Thanos was according to you obviously wrong about his own number of shields?

Sorry if we continue. Again has Genis encountered a Galactus that has feasted on three worlds? I have always been of the understanding that On Panel Showings is above On Panel comments. And According to what Thanos said Omega is above Galactus, but Omega lacks the on panel showing to in any way reach the level that Galactus has been shown operating under.

And in that one Arc Omega failed to show anything that places him near Galactus, as Tenebrous have so brilliant showed in his previous post Galactus outranks ore Equals Omega in the three most defining aspects and that is based on one arc and one older comic. Does Omega has the feats to in any way support you claim that he is above Galactus, not the slighest. You know it was the writers intention. Thanos said it and genis backed him up. You just refuse to accept the writers intentions here.

Thanos is incorrect when he knew about the Hunger,destroyed it,and calculated Galacus' chance of survival. laughing out loud

Prove all is greater than 3 when Galactus refers to it as one forcefield. Burden is on you to disprove its only one and to prove how many it is.

You are acting like comics are logical. Characters survive star system destroying blasts to get their jaws ripped off. Its comics brah.

Omega easily tore through Thanos' shields. 3>1. Galactus needed to feed because he depleted vast energies.

Zack Fair
Tenebrous IS WIN.

Utrigita
You know it was the writers intention. Thanos said it and genis backed him up. You just refuse to accept the writers intentions here.

Thanos is incorrect when he knew about the Hunger,destroyed it,and calculated Galacus' chance of survival. laughing out loud

Prove all is greater than 3 when Galactus refers to it as one forcefield. Burden is on you to disprove its only one and to prove how many it is.

You are acting like comics are logical. Characters survive star system destroying blasts to get their jaws ripped off. Its comics brah.

Omega easily tore through Thanos' shields. 3>1. Galactus needed to feed because he depleted vast energies.

Obviously thw writer intended Thanos to activate all his forcefields but I see you holding no bases for overwriting that with you opinion. I furthermore see absolutely no reason to why you should know the intentions of the writer.

Have I said that.. No, have I asked you if Thanos with that level of knowlegde that you claim him to posesse wouldn't know the amount of shields he had at his disposal, Again you turn a blind eye to the fact that Thanos said "Active ALL defensive shielding"? Yes

No that isn't my burden to Prove Quanchi as Tenebrous have repeatly mentioned it is up to you to prove that Thanos maximum number of shields is one. But that is simply highly unlikely as it's simply not in Thanos Character to downgrade his own defenses, the Incident with Hunger was written after Thanos encounter with Omega, during that Encounter Thanos showed that he had atleast four shields at his disposal to utilize as protection, theirfore it's simply inlogical so assume that ALL defensive shielding would have been reduced to one as you claim but anyway it's up to you to prove that when Thanos says all he means one I'm not going to go into detail with Galactus statement concerning the shields, Tenebrous have already taken care of that.

So you just choose to completely overwrite the incident just like you claim Tenebrous and me to do concerning Omega's rather limited showings concerning what he should have been capable of given Thanos statement?

See Above. Galactus had until his confrontation with Thanos not feasted a single time, again the assesment that Thanos made concerning Galactus powerlevel was made on the Astral plan and Galactus never said that he depleted vast energy simply that he depleted Vital energy, which means that the amount of energy he had left was already low.

golem370
I believe Thanos was well feed before Thanos blew him out of the ship. Thanos said his powers were Lilliputian compared to Galactus.

1 week/1Month
Galactus
Stranger
In-Betweener
Chronos
Kubik
Odin
Zeus
Tyrant
Lower Level Celestial

2months/2 year
Eternity
Infinity
Group of Celestials
Lord Chaos and Master Order

Xplosive
2.I never said anything different. Omega is more powerful than Galactus.

Am, no, Galactus true power is actually leaps and bounds beyond Omega.
Galactus wrecks him and Thanos simultaneously. Galactus true power was shown that he can eat all MU, everything, time and space. That is pretty much limitless energy (but only TOAA is limitless). Probably only such beings as LT, Protege, Scathan, SW,... and not many more would survive that, literally.

Tenebrous
We dont know how many all is. You are speculating that all is greater than 3. You are not reasonable here at all.

Dude, before we discuss anything else...just stare at the above quote. Just stare at it and see how infinitely illogical it is.

I mean, if fangirl wrote the same exact statement to you that I just quoted, you'd be all over her or him. I'll quote again to emphasize the allegations in this post.

As Utrigita mentioned Infinity Abyss was before Thanos limited series, I did not bring that up as it was common knowledge on everyone's part. So if your position before was that "all defensive shielding" is still less than three because it's uncertain if Thanos had 1 or 2 shields, then I understand your contention. But obviously, Thanos is not one to downgrade his tech nor his defenses. We're now traveling into the realm of speculation, on your part, that "all defensive shielding" in Hunger arc < "3 personal force fields" in Omega arc, because you believe "all defensive shielding" to equate to 1 or 2 shields, which would quantifiably be fewer than 3 and allow your statement to be true.

The ONLY thing you have to corroborate your interpretation is Galactus mentioning "a mere force field." If you want to interpret that literally and at face value, that's your opinion and I'm not going to stop you from doing that, aside from telling you that your interpretation is incorrect. Galactus' whole statement is comparitive by nature, just by the fukking grammar used in the sentence, nevermind all the comic content or whatever.

"Never before" automatically makes it comparative. He's mentioning a TYPE of defense, not the quantity.

You also don't want to do the grammatical exercise I asked you to do. That's fine. The answer is because it's impossible to do it correctly while doing it in a simple concise sentence, unless you ONLY mention the TYPE of defense, not the QUANTITY of the TYPE used. This is what Starlin did, which proves my interpretation is correct, and yours is just wrong. However, I know that you think I am wrong and just dismiss gramatical structure as "speculation." If you had done the excercise, you would have had the chance to prove me wrong, but you did not take up the opportunity.

^I'm going to rip this statement apart now. Thanos encountered Omega before the Hunger arc, as we've established. Thanos brought "3 powerful shields" against Omega, as the comic established. The goal of Thanos (WITH ALLIES to help him against Omega) was to neutralized Omega and stop him, so as to prevent his incomplete clone from wreaking destruction on the universe.

Now the Hunger arc, which occurs AFTER Infinity Abyss, has Thanos traveling to Galactus' vessel ALONE to CONFRONT him about his efforts to use the Infinity Gems. So again, Thanos goes to confront Galactus ALONE, with NO ALLIES, unlike the situation he had with Omega, where he had allies and brought 3 shields with him in addition. Thanos, obviously "prepares for every eventuallity" as he's mentioned frequently. Obviously, since he was ALONE, he knew the chance of Galactus just blasting him were high, and since Thanos was ALONE, he knew the chance of himself having to blast Galactus was even higher, in order to prevent Hunger's release.

Now you are going to argue, that Thanos thinks so little of Galactus, that he brings fewer shields than he had against Omega? You are going to argue, that with Strange, Genis, Warlock, Spider-Man, etc. by his side, and armed with 3 personal shields against Omega, Thanos goes against Galactus ALONE, with fewer than three shields??? So when Thanos says "activate all defensive shielding" he purposely brought fewer than 3 shields?

Let's remember what was at stake when Thanos confronts Galactus. Thanos confronted Galactus directly to prevent him from activating the gems. Activating the gems would release a DIMENSION DEVOURING being. Thanos was literally BEGGING Galactus...you and I know Thanos has never done sincerely BEGGED anyone before. We can conclude that Thanos was DESPERATE.

So, the threat of Hunger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the threat of Omega.

Yet. Thanos brings fewer shields to stop the threat of Hunger, in which the outcome of failure was so dire that Thanos was begging like a destitute mother, than he did to stop the threat of Omega, against whom he had help.

That makes perfect sense. It makes perfect sense to you because Galactus uses "a" instead of "several".

So, you haven't explained at all. I've been the one doing ALL the explaining in this exchange. You've just reiterated your position over and over with no logical counterpoints, no scans, no rebuttals to the all the weakness in your argument that I've pointed out, like the one above I just finished typing.

I don't think anyone else is laughing aside from you. It's quite clear that I've illustrated several points while you accuse me of denial but yet, have NOTHING to back up your claims.

Yes, it doesn't add up when you take it LITERALLY. The point is you're not supposed to take it literally, if that escapes you, then I can't do anything about it except point out your error.

Ok. Omega is stupid. Not impressive.

Not from what was displayed. Not impressive.

That has nothing to do with this debate. Reread my posts because it's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "I know" that you aren't getting my points. Omega relying on tech more than Galactus, when Omega is supposed to be 2X more powerful? NOT IMPRESSIVE. You just coneded defeat on this point.

Fine. We never stated Omega could defeat Galactus in battle. So we agree.

Omega is not impressive. Impressive vs. Thanos and the heroes opposing him? Yes. That's what you contest and I understand that.

Omega impressive vs. Galactus, against whom we MUST compare Omega by default, since Omega is some sort of clone, purported to be 2X his power? NO. That's what I contest, and that's what you don't understand.

guy222
Originally posted by Xplosive
Galactus wrecks him and Thanos simultaneously. Galactus true power was shown that he can eat all MU, everything, time and space. That is pretty much limitless energy (but only TOAA is limitless). Probably only such beings as LT, Protege, Scathan, SW,... and not many more would survive that, literally.

Galactus isn't shown at his full power. The showing u reference was the Black Celestial arc. Marvel has a history of portraying Big G as a jobber. Case in point many heroes defeating Big G and him bowing in a recent book. That's terrible. Marvel is so full of **** now days

quanchi112
Obviously thw writer intended Thanos to activate all his forcefields but I see you holding no bases for overwriting that with you opinion. I furthermore see absolutely no reason to why you should know the intentions of the writer.

Have I said that.. No, have I asked you if Thanos with that level of knowlegde that you claim him to posesse wouldn't know the amount of shields he had at his disposal, Again you turn a blind eye to the fact that Thanos said "Active ALL defensive shielding"? Yes

No that isn't my burden to Prove Quanchi as Tenebrous have repeatly mentioned it is up to you to prove that Thanos maximum number of shields is one. But that is simply highly unlikely as it's simply not in Thanos Character to downgrade his own defenses, the Incident with Hunger was written after Thanos encounter with Omega, during that Encounter Thanos showed that he had atleast four shields at his disposal to utilize as protection, theirfore it's simply inlogical so assume that ALL defensive shielding would have been reduced to one as you claim but anyway it's up to you to prove that when Thanos says all he means one I'm not going to go into detail with Galactus statement concerning the shields, Tenebrous have already taken care of that.

So you just choose to completely overwrite the incident just like you claim Tenebrous and me to do concerning Omega's rather limited showings concerning what he should have been capable of given Thanos statement?

See Above. Galactus had until his confrontation with Thanos not feasted a single time, again the assesment that Thanos made concerning Galactus powerlevel was made on the Astral plan and Galactus never said that he depleted vast energy simply that he depleted Vital energy, which means that the amount of energy he had left was already low. He activated all shielding into one shield. He wasnt prepared for an all-out war with Galactus and used the shield he had access to at the time. He was prepared to go to war with Omega and had three shields on his own person. Thanos with prep>Thanos without prep. Thanos didnt want to have to engage Galactus,but desperate times warranted desperate measures.

Galactus refers to it as one shield so I believe like I have stated from the onset that he merged all defensive shielding into one shield. 3>1.

In the astral plane he could plainly see Galactus was well-fed. here is you trying to ignore the story for Galactus. Doesnt work that way sport. Galactus then specifically said that he depleted vital energies in dealing with Thanos. Omega was fine after hammering through three.

Conclusion. Omega is more powerful than Galactus.

quanchi112
Galactus wrecks him and Thanos simultaneously. Galactus true power was shown that he can eat all MU, everything, time and space. That is pretty much limitless energy (but only TOAA is limitless). Probably only such beings as LT, Protege, Scathan, SW,... and not many more would survive that, literally. Speculation. Thats all you have.

Thanos' statements and Genis' cosmic senses coupled with Omega's showing all add up to his superior power level.

Galactus is more formidable Ill agree but only because Omega was unfinished and his reaction time was terrible.

quanchi112
Dude, before we discuss anything else...just stare at the above quote. Just stare at it and see how infinitely illogical it is.

I mean, if fangirl wrote the same exact statement to you that I just quoted, you'd be all over her or him. I'll quote again to emphasize the allegations in this post.

As Utrigita mentioned Infinity Abyss was before Thanos limited series, I did not bring that up as it was common knowledge on everyone's part. So if your position before was that "all defensive shielding" is still less than three because it's uncertain if Thanos had 1 or 2 shields, then I understand your contention. But obviously, Thanos is not one to downgrade his tech nor his defenses. We're now traveling into the realm of speculation, on your part, that "all defensive shielding" in Hunger arc < "3 personal force fields" in Omega arc, because you believe "all defensive shielding" to equate to 1 or 2 shields, which would quantifiably be fewer than 3 and allow your statement to be true.

The ONLY thing you have to corroborate your interpretation is Galactus mentioning "a mere force field." If you want to interpret that literally and at face value, that's your opinion and I'm not going to stop you from doing that, aside from telling you that your interpretation is incorrect. Galactus' whole statement is comparitive by nature, just by the fukking grammar used in the sentence, nevermind all the comic content or whatever.

"Never before" automatically makes it comparative. He's mentioning a TYPE of defense, not the quantity.

You also don't want to do the grammatical exercise I asked you to do. That's fine. The answer is because it's impossible to do it correctly while doing it in a simple concise sentence, unless you ONLY mention the TYPE of defense, not the QUANTITY of the TYPE used. This is what Starlin did, which proves my interpretation is correct, and yours is just wrong. However, I know that you think I am wrong and just dismiss gramatical structure as "speculation." If you had done the excercise, you would have had the chance to prove me wrong, but you did not take up the opportunity.

^I'm going to rip this statement apart now. Thanos encountered Omega before the Hunger arc, as we've established. Thanos brought "3 powerful shields" against Omega, as the comic established. The goal of Thanos (WITH ALLIES to help him against Omega) was to neutralized Omega and stop him, so as to prevent his incomplete clone from wreaking destruction on the universe.

Now the Hunger arc, which occurs AFTER Infinity Abyss, has Thanos traveling to Galactus' vessel ALONE to CONFRONT him about his efforts to use the Infinity Gems. So again, Thanos goes to confront Galactus ALONE, with NO ALLIES, unlike the situation he had with Omega, where he had allies and brought 3 shields with him in addition. Thanos, obviously "prepares for every eventuallity" as he's mentioned frequently. Obviously, since he was ALONE, he knew the chance of Galactus just blasting him were high, and since Thanos was ALONE, he knew the chance of himself having to blast Galactus was even higher, in order to prevent Hunger's release.

Now you are going to argue, that Thanos thinks so little of Galactus, that he brings fewer shields than he had against Omega? You are going to argue, that with Strange, Genis, Warlock, Spider-Man, etc. by his side, and armed with 3 personal shields against Omega, Thanos goes against Galactus ALONE, with fewer than three shields??? So when Thanos says "activate all defensive shielding" he purposely brought fewer than 3 shields?

Let's remember what was at stake when Thanos confronts Galactus. Thanos confronted Galactus directly to prevent him from activating the gems. Activating the gems would release a DIMENSION DEVOURING being. Thanos was literally BEGGING Galactus...you and I know Thanos has never done sincerely BEGGED anyone before. We can conclude that Thanos was DESPERATE.

So, the threat of Hunger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the threat of Omega.

Yet. Thanos brings fewer shields to stop the threat of Hunger, in which the outcome of failure was so dire that Thanos was begging like a destitute mother, than he did to stop the threat of Omega, against whom he had help.

That makes perfect sense. It makes perfect sense to you because Galactus uses "a" instead of "several".

So, you haven't explained at all. I've been the one doing ALL the explaining in this exchange. You've just reiterated your position over and over with no logical counterpoints, no scans, no rebuttals to the all the weakness in your argument that I've pointed out, like the one above I just finished typing.

I don't think anyone else is laughing aside from you. It's quite clear that I've illustrated several points while you accuse me of denial but yet, have NOTHING to back up your claims.

Yes, it doesn't add up when you take it LITERALLY. The point is you're not supposed to take it literally, if that escapes you, then I can't do anything about it except point out your error.

Ok. Omega is stupid. Not impressive.

Not from what was displayed. Not impressive.

That has nothing to do with this debate. Reread my posts because it's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "I know" that you aren't getting my points. Omega relying on tech more than Galactus, when Omega is supposed to be 2X more powerful? NOT IMPRESSIVE. You just coneded defeat on this point.

Fine. We never stated Omega could defeat Galactus in battle. So we agree.

Omega is not impressive. Impressive vs. Thanos and the heroes opposing him? Yes. That's what you contest and I understand that.

Omega impressive vs. Galactus, against whom we MUST compare Omega by default, since Omega is some sort of clone, purported to be 2X his power? NO. That's what I contest, and that's what you don't understand. I know what I posted and stand behind it. Galactus referred to it as one and I have already explained its meaning imo.

No,Thanos was there to warn Galactus and when he realized that the fool would not see reason he blasted him and used all the shielding he had available to him at the time. Thats it. In the Hunger arc he wasnt there to go to war with him,but in the infinity abyss storyline he knew he was in for a war with Omega. Of course the shielding he has available is going to be less than the shielding he brings in an all out war.

I agree that Thanos would plan for any eventuality and thats why he had an impressive shield on hand. Had Galactus continued to assault him he wouldnt have lasted much longer. He has a shield ready to use if need be,but it was far from his best.

Thanos took out Hunger a lot easier than Omega. Sure,the Hunger threatened all of reality but it was something he took out basically on his own. He didnt need a well-orchestrated attack like he did against Omega to defeat the Hunger. He just needed to keep him busy with Galactus because the big boom. He needed lots of help and a fleet to destroy Omega.

You keep saying I have nothing backing up my statements but its you that is ignoring Galactus' very own statements to support your own. Then you ignore Thanos' statements concerning Omega's power level. Not only that but we have another character using his cosmic awareness to back up Thanos' statements. You are in denial. Thanos knew galactus and his chances of survival of the hunger blast were at around 60 percent yet he knows enough about Omega with regards to his weaknesses,how to defeat him,and yet is off on his power level?

laughing out loud

Omega is more powerful than Galactus and was defeated by a much more impressive force that took down the devourer on earth and in his own devourer series. Omega is impressive and is more powerful than Galactus. Case closed.

Dark-Jaxx
Alright Thanos is dedicating 730 day of preperation. No uber prep devices including Cosmic Cube IG HOTU no individual gems either just the power set that he had during his series and his smarts to help him. His opponet has no idea Thanos is going to attack until he starts the attack Sammy the Squidboy.

Utrigita
He activated all shielding into one shield. He wasnt prepared for an all-out war with Galactus and used the shield he had access to at the time. He was prepared to go to war with Omega and had three shields on his own person. Thanos with prep>Thanos without prep. Thanos didnt want to have to engage Galactus,but desperate times warranted desperate measures.

Galactus refers to it as one shield so I believe like I have stated from the onset that he merged all defensive shielding into one shield. 3>1.

In the astral plane he could plainly see Galactus was well-fed. here is you trying to ignore the story for Galactus. Doesnt work that way sport. Galactus then specifically said that he depleted vital energies in dealing with Thanos. Omega was fine after hammering through three.

Conclusion. Omega is more powerful than Galactus.

That is up for you too show that anyway that means according to you that Thanos just combined the power of all his shields into one shield, so Galactus just broke through a shield that had the power of atleast three shields. So you are saying that Thanos decided to go on his loathsome own and face Galactus to stop him from realising hunger Unprepared? A strange assumption from you concideret the amount of intelligence you attribute towards Thanos, I didn't believe him to be that stupid. Allow me to clarify as Thanos always says he prepares for every eventuallity, that includes the possibility of him facing Galactus what Thanos didn't expect was that Galactus would break ALL his shields.

As mentioned again and again by Tenebrous, Galactus is commenting on the shields capacity for defense not the amount of shields being used.

So the Astral Plan gives a good assesment of the physical appearance of the given persons, I just failed to see any tentacles growing out from Thanos in the Physical world. I know the story about Galactus better then you can possibly imagine. Vital means absolutely necessary energy if he depleted those energies it means that he was already at a low powerlevel since the energies that was depleted was absolutely necessary for him. Ofcause Omega was fine what do you expect when he was at full power?

Conclusion. Wrong.

Tenebrous
I know what I posted and stand behind it. Galactus referred to it as one and I have already explained its meaning imo.

No,Thanos was there to warn Galactus and when he realized that the fool would not see reason he blasted him and used all the shielding he had available to him at the time. Thats it. In the Hunger arc he wasnt there to go to war with him,but in the infinity abyss storyline he knew he was in for a war with Omega. Of course the shielding he has available is going to be less than the shielding he brings in an all out war.

I agree that Thanos would plan for any eventuality and thats why he had an impressive shield on hand. Had Galactus continued to assault him he wouldnt have lasted much longer. He has a shield ready to use if need be,but it was far from his best.

Thanos took out Hunger a lot easier than Omega. Sure,the Hunger threatened all of reality but it was something he took out basically on his own. He didnt need a well-orchestrated attack like he did against Omega to defeat the Hunger. He just needed to keep him busy with Galactus because the big boom. He needed lots of help and a fleet to destroy Omega.

You keep saying I have nothing backing up my statements but its you that is ignoring Galactus' very own statements to support your own. Then you ignore Thanos' statements concerning Omega's power level. Not only that but we have another character using his cosmic awareness to back up Thanos' statements. You are in denial. Thanos knew galactus and his chances of survival of the hunger blast were at around 60 percent yet he knows enough about Omega with regards to his weaknesses,how to defeat him,and yet is off on his power level?

laughing out loud

Omega is more powerful than Galactus and was defeated by a much more impressive force that took down the devourer on earth and in his own devourer series. Omega is impressive and is more powerful than Galactus. Case closed.

You have no substance at all in this post.

1. You have failed to PROVE, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Thanos brought 1 shield.

Now stop evading this challenge. Again, once more, for the sake of argument, let's assume Thanos did use one shield. Prove conclusively that he has multiple levels of shielding, yet still it constitutes 1 shield. "Activate all defensive shielding" were Thanos' exact words. Prove that all defensive shielding still constitutes one shield, otherwise you are speculating and this issue is terminated.

So Thanos was there to warn Galactus? Why was Thanos begging? Thanos prepares for war, but doesn't prepare for the possible end of not just the universe, but the entire reality? Exlpain this?

Also explain how Thanos mixes and matches shields to the situation at hand, as you insist? When has he done this before? Explain how someone of Thanos' intellect and preparation would purposely lower his defenses from one situation to another, as you insist? And no, we should discount the Infinity Gauntlet saga, where he purposely limited his powers. I want a real answer now.

Also explain how Silver Surfer has never killed Thanos, since Thanos must have brought maybe his weakest shields, as SS is not at all like going to war with Omega? Or, does Thanos keep his shields all the time, and the only change is upgrading?

Explain these to me, since you know Thanos best?

quanchi112
That is up for you too show that anyway that means according to you that Thanos just combined the power of all his shields into one shield, so Galactus just broke through a shield that had the power of atleast three shields. So you are saying that Thanos decided to go on his loathsome own and face Galactus to stop him from realising hunger Unprepared? A strange assumption from you concideret the amount of intelligence you attribute towards Thanos, I didn't believe him to be that stupid. Allow me to clarify as Thanos always says he prepares for every eventuallity, that includes the possibility of him facing Galactus what Thanos didn't expect was that Galactus would break ALL his shields.

As mentioned again and again by Tenebrous, Galactus is commenting on the shields capacity for defense not the amount of shields being used.

So the Astral Plan gives a good assesment of the physical appearance of the given persons, I just failed to see any tentacles growing out from Thanos in the Physical world. I know the story about Galactus better then you can possibly imagine. Vital means absolutely necessary energy if he depleted those energies it means that he was already at a low powerlevel since the energies that was depleted was absolutely necessary for him. Ofcause Omega was fine what do you expect when he was at full power?

Conclusion. Wrong. There is no evidence there were three shields here. None. I grow tired of the speculation. You can think however you want to,but I choose to by the hard facts imo. Thanos wasnt completely unprepared. he had an impressive shield to protect him,but had Galactus finished he was done fore. thanos wanted to get Galactus' attention and warn him. he wasnt there to defeat Galactus like he was in the Omega situation.

I disagree again just like in every response to each of your posts.

No,he wasnt at a lower power level. Again,you are speculating and ignoring the context of the story. Thanos realized in the astral plane that he was well-nourished. You have no proof whatsoever that he wasnt. None. wink

Galactus needed to fee breaking through 1 shield while Omega easily broke through three. Thats my opinion and you have nothing in the story to substantiate your wild claims.

I am correct. Wake up and smell the logic. stick out tongue

quanchi112
You have no substance at all in this post.

1. You have failed to PROVE, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Thanos brought 1 shield.

Now stop evading this challenge. Again, once more, for the sake of argument, let's assume Thanos did use one shield. Prove conclusively that he has multiple levels of shielding, yet still it constitutes 1 shield. "Activate all defensive shielding" were Thanos' exact words. Prove that all defensive shielding still constitutes one shield, otherwise you are speculating and this issue is terminated.

So Thanos was there to warn Galactus? Why was Thanos begging? Thanos prepares for war, but doesn't prepare for the possible end of not just the universe, but the entire reality? Exlpain this?

Also explain how Thanos mixes and matches shields to the situation at hand, as you insist? When has he done this before? Explain how someone of Thanos' intellect and preparation would purposely lower his defenses from one situation to another, as you insist? And no, we should discount the Infinity Gauntlet saga, where he purposely limited his powers. I want a real answer now.

Also explain how Silver Surfer has never killed Thanos, since Thanos must have brought maybe his weakest shields, as SS is not at all like going to war with Omega? Or, does Thanos keep his shields all the time, and the only change is upgrading?

Explain these to me, since you know Thanos best? 1.The burden is on you. Galactus said a mere forcefield. Therefore,the proof is on you to prove how many shields were there to conclude that Galactus was just being arrogant and that it was more than 1 shield.

I am not speculating. Thanos clearly said three shields in the Omega affair while he said all defensive shielding in the thanos series. Galactus' own words then say a mere forcefield. I dont know how you can see it any other way.

Yes,Thanos was there to prevent Galactus from this action because of the Hunger. He wasnt there to destroy Galactus. When he confronted Omega he was there to destroy him. If he was there to destroy Galactus he wouldnt just blast him once and beg him to stop. Think about it. That was a desperate action and he tried to act before Galactus released the Hunger.

Thanos called upon all available defensive shielding which Galactus referred to as one. I keep repeating myself because it hasnt sunken it yet. Thanos said three shields against Omega. A spade is a spade.

Utrigita
There is no evidence there were three shields here. None. I grow tired of the speculation. You can think however you want to,but I choose to by the hard facts imo. Thanos wasnt completely unprepared. he had an impressive shield to protect him,but had Galactus finished he was done fore. thanos wanted to get Galactus' attention and warn him. he wasnt there to defeat Galactus like he was in the Omega situation.

I disagree again just like in every response to each of your posts.

No,he wasnt at a lower power level. Again,you are speculating and ignoring the context of the story. Thanos realized in the astral plane that he was well-nourished. You have no proof whatsoever that he wasnt. None. wink

Galactus needed to fee breaking through 1 shield while Omega easily broke through three. Thats my opinion and you have nothing in the story to substantiate your wild claims.

I am correct. Wake up and smell the logic. stick out tongue

The problem is, Quachi that those "hard fact" has been taken analysed and thrown back in your face again and again with you failing to come up with any counter argument except hammering down that Tenebrous and me are wrong and that only you know the writers intention, repeatly it has been shown that Galactus is talking about the quality of the shields not the quantity if he was talking about the quantity then there was no reason for Galactus to admire Thanos Technology. Thanos was their to stop Galactus, Thanos already realised that his time was minimal Thanos tried and Thanos failed and had to resort to beg for his life.

Yes I have want them again? Galactus teleports himself into the midst of a supernova and is unharmed that happens after that the statement concerning Galactus powerlevel has been given from the astral plan, later Galactus stats that he has lost vital energy and is visible harmed from a planetary collision, now if you are under the laughable assumption that Galactus did infact go from Well Fed to very hungry in breaking the one shield, that you have failed to provide proof of, then you also believe that it takes more energy to blast through Thanos one shield then teleporting a entire Galaxy ore fighting Agamotto for a prolonged periode.

What is lacking is you providing the proof of your statement Quanchi as repeatly mentioned Thanos did show in his encounter with Omega that he had access to more then one shield, how you came under the assumption that Thanos downgrades his own protection for a encounter with Galactus alone and without help and with infinitely more at stake then against Omega is beyond me.

How about you instead began to open your eyes and read how Tenebrous have repeadly smashed your arguments to bits, I have just been the co producer.

psycho gundam
essays be droppin' on domepeice's

Tenebrous
Originally posted by psycho gundam
essays be droppin' on domepeice's

droppin knowledge with the ill rebuttals. My theses are so high, they make quanchi levitate.

Tenebrous
1.The burden is on you. Galactus said a mere forcefield. Therefore,the proof is on you to prove how many shields were there to conclude that Galactus was just being arrogant and that it was more than 1 shield.

I am not speculating. Thanos clearly said three shields in the Omega affair while he said all defensive shielding in the thanos series. Galactus' own words then say a mere forcefield. I dont know how you can see it any other way.

Yes,Thanos was there to prevent Galactus from this action because of the Hunger. He wasnt there to destroy Galactus. When he confronted Omega he was there to destroy him. If he was there to destroy Galactus he wouldnt just blast him once and beg him to stop. Think about it. That was a desperate action and he tried to act before Galactus released the Hunger.

Thanos called upon all available defensive shielding which Galactus referred to as one. I keep repeating myself because it hasnt sunken it yet. Thanos said three shields against Omega. A spade is a spade.

This whole post is made of straw, man. You pullin out straw man arguments here...all form, no substance.

1.The burden is on you. Galactus said a mere forcefield. Therefore,the proof is on you to prove how many shields were there to conclude that Galactus was just being arrogant and that it was more than 1 shield.

Your logic is so flawed.

There are two ways to interpret Galactus' statment.

1. Face value (your way)

2. Comparative statement (my way)

Face value means Galactus is making an observation. So in effect, if you go with this interpretation, Galactus is just observing what Thanos uses.

Now Thanos uses "all defensive shielding." Yet you mistakenly insist the burden of proof is on me.

Who is activating the shields, Thanos or Galactus? Who is calling on a stated number of shields, Thanos or Galactus? Who is making a statement in response to the shields called upon, Thanos or Galactus?

Explain what "activate all defensive shielding" means. You can stamp your feet all you want and say the burden of proof is on me but you haven't gone NEAR this statement because you have NOTHING to counter this.

You are essentially calling Thanos a liar and/or ignorant concerning his own technology. By implication, you are saying Galacuts knows more about Thanos' tech than Thanos himself does. By taking Galactus' words as a comparative statment (which I do, as well as being the grammaticaly correct way to interpret it), both characters are correct in their statements. However, since you insist on the banal face value of the statement, the result is you insist on overriding Thanos' own words for Galactus'. So now you have one character lying (THANOS) and one omniscient (GALACTUS). So Thanos himself doesn't know how many shields he uses, but of course Galactus knows, being a higher abstract entity.

And since you have such low faith in Thanos' own words, you decide he is actually telling the truth about Omega and his power levels. LOL at your nonexistant logic.

Clearly, your illogical reasoning is logical only to you. Once I have time away from work and at my machine I will post all necessary scans relevant to the discussion at hand so your false logic is exposed.

You are correct Thanos wasn't there to destroy Galactus. What you failed to mention is that Thanos blasted Galactus once, Galactus returned and nearly killed Thanos, and Thanos had NO RECOURSE but to beg. Do you think Thanos, who prepares for any eventuality, PLANNED TO BEG ON HIS KNEES like a male pornstar with his dick about to chopped off???

No, instead Thanos planned to prevent Galactus from releasing Hunger. Thanos was there to convince Galactus from going through with a plan that would (so Galactus hoped) rid the universe of his eternal hunger. Thanos is there to prevent an abstract entity from achieving its highest, darkest desire. And you are telling me that Thanos didn't even prepare for the eventuality that opposing Galactus' darkest wish would result in Thanos' very life being threatened? LOL. Why do you think Thanos WAS BEGGING Galactus to spare him just to hear him out?

I know what your answer is. Thanos planned to beg, so he brought weaker shields because he wasn't going to war against Galactus, like he did against Omega. You have analyzed the story in such small terms.

quanchi112
The problem is, Quachi that those "hard fact" has been taken analysed and thrown back in your face again and again with you failing to come up with any counter argument except hammering down that Tenebrous and me are wrong and that only you know the writers intention, repeatly it has been shown that Galactus is talking about the quality of the shields not the quantity if he was talking about the quantity then there was no reason for Galactus to admire Thanos Technology. Thanos was their to stop Galactus, Thanos already realised that his time was minimal Thanos tried and Thanos failed and had to resort to beg for his life.

Yes I have want them again? Galactus teleports himself into the midst of a supernova and is unharmed that happens after that the statement concerning Galactus powerlevel has been given from the astral plan, later Galactus stats that he has lost vital energy and is visible harmed from a planetary collision, now if you are under the laughable assumption that Galactus did infact go from Well Fed to very hungry in breaking the one shield, that you have failed to provide proof of, then you also believe that it takes more energy to blast through Thanos one shield then teleporting a entire Galaxy ore fighting Agamotto for a prolonged periode.

What is lacking is you providing the proof of your statement Quanchi as repeatly mentioned Thanos did show in his encounter with Omega that he had access to more then one shield, how you came under the assumption that Thanos downgrades his own protection for a encounter with Galactus alone and without help and with infinitely more at stake then against Omega is beyond me.

How about you instead began to open your eyes and read how Tenebrous have repeadly smashed your arguments to bits, I have just been the co producer. I have stated my case over and over again. How many shields were there then? Im not repeating myself again.

Galactus was weakened imo by his encounter with Thanos and breaking through the forcefield. He states it right on panel. The rest is pure speculation like always.

Thanos went to talk to Galactus and hope he would listen to reason. He was prepared to defend himself,but really was at Galactus' mercy. He came to destroy Omega. He wasnt there to annihilate Galactus. He would come up with something better than one blast. Think about it,sport.

Tenebrous and you are way off. You both are desperately trying to ignore certain things and draw conclusions from your own interpretations and treat them as facts.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
essays be droppin' on domepeice's Yeah,its gettin old quick. Originally posted by Tenebrous
droppin knowledge with the ill rebuttals. My theses are so high, they make quanchi levitate. Do you mean your thesis?

quanchi112
This whole post is made of straw, man. You pullin out straw man arguments here...all form, no substance.

Your logic is so flawed.

There are two ways to interpret Galactus' statment.

1. Face value (your way)

2. Comparative statement (my way)

Face value means Galactus is making an observation. So in effect, if you go with this interpretation, Galactus is just observing what Thanos uses.

Now Thanos uses "all defensive shielding." Yet you mistakenly insist the burden of proof is on me.

Who is activating the shields, Thanos or Galactus? Who is calling on a stated number of shields, Thanos or Galactus? Who is making a statement in response to the shields called upon, Thanos or Galactus?

Explain what "activate all defensive shielding" means. You can stamp your feet all you want and say the burden of proof is on me but you haven't gone NEAR this statement because you have NOTHING to counter this.

You are essentially calling Thanos a liar and/or ignorant concerning his own technology. By implication, you are saying Galacuts knows more about Thanos' tech than Thanos himself does. By taking Galactus' words as a comparative statment (which I do, as well as being the grammaticaly correct way to interpret it), both characters are correct in their statements. However, since you insist on the banal face value of the statement, the result is you insist on overriding Thanos' own words for Galactus'. So now you have one character lying (THANOS) and one omniscient (GALACTUS). So Thanos himself doesn't know how many shields he uses, but of course Galactus knows, being a higher abstract entity.

And since you have such low faith in Thanos' own words, you decide he is actually telling the truth about Omega and his power levels. LOL at your nonexistant logic.

Clearly, your illogical reasoning is logical only to you. Once I have time away from work and at my machine I will post all necessary scans relevant to the discussion at hand so your false logic is exposed.

You are correct Thanos wasn't there to destroy Galactus. What you failed to mention is that Thanos blasted Galactus once, Galactus returned and nearly killed Thanos, and Thanos had NO RECOURSE but to beg. Do you think Thanos, who prepares for any eventuality, PLANNED TO BEG ON HIS KNEES like a male pornstar with his dick about to chopped off???

No, instead Thanos planned to prevent Galactus from releasing Hunger. Thanos was there to convince Galactus from going through with a plan that would (so Galactus hoped) rid the universe of his eternal hunger. Thanos is there to prevent an abstract entity from achieving its highest, darkest desire. And you are telling me that Thanos didn't even prepare for the eventuality that opposing Galactus' darkest wish would result in Thanos' very life being threatened? LOL. Why do you think Thanos WAS BEGGING Galactus to spare him just to hear him out?

I know what your answer is. Thanos planned to beg, so he brought weaker shields because he wasn't going to war against Galactus, like he did against Omega. You have analyzed the story in such small terms. My logic is correct. Yours isnt.

1.Why wouldnt we take it at face value?

2.Ok,even if I were to humor you here you still dont know and cant tell me how many shields he used. Thats the point. You keep speculating. If you say three or four its still speculation. My interpretation isnt guessing while yours is.

Are you telling me that Galactus wouldnt know how many shields was using?

How many shields is it then? I have already explained to you the answer. Answer the question and tell me how you came to that conclusion.

Thanos used the words three shields against Omega. He called on all defensive shielding. Galactus calls it a mere forcefield. What else am I supposed to think? You cant even give me a straight answer.

I am not calling Thanos a liar. I explained what he did. Its funny how you want to accept Thanos' statements here and totally disregard his statement concerning Omega's power levels. I have explained that he meant. He didnt use a number and have explained myself. Thanos isnt a liar and was correct about Omega's power level. My explanation makes sense while yours accepts Thanos; words in one instance and totally disregards it in another. Why,because you cant accept Omega is more powerful than Galactus.

I trust his words. If he said three shields I would believe three shields. How many shields does all mean to you?

Thanos attacked Galactus because that was the only way he could stop him. It didnt work and Galactus released Hunger. If Thanos had gone there to blast him and do battle he would have had a better plan. If you deny this you are out of your mind.

Thanos planned to get him to stop. He didnt listen. Thanos called upon the shielding he had available to him. Thats all he could do at the time. He wasnt there without a shield,but the shield he brought was clearly inferior to the Omega one.

Is Omega more powerful than Galactus?

Utrigita
I have stated my case over and over again. How many shields were there then? Im not repeating myself again.

Galactus was weakened imo by his encounter with Thanos and breaking through the forcefield. He states it right on panel. The rest is pure speculation like always.

Thanos went to talk to Galactus and hope he would listen to reason. He was prepared to defend himself,but really was at Galactus' mercy. He came to destroy Omega. He wasnt there to annihilate Galactus. He would come up with something better than one blast. Think about it,sport.

Tenebrous and you are way off. You both are desperately trying to ignore certain things and draw conclusions from your own interpretations and treat them as facts.

But you have failed to in any way prove that point to the degree that Tenebrous have showed his. But please answer me this is Thanos stupid because he has to be if he downgrades his own tech for a confrontation one on one with Galactus.

He was already weakened when he broke the forcefield, vital energies are depleted when you are already low on energy, you doesn't go from Well Fed to Starving in one teleportation and one blast, but again do you seriously believe that Breaking Thanos shield toke more then Teleport a Galaxy ressurrect Zenn-La battle Agamotto and Mephisto etc?

So that was the reason Thanos fired him through the side of Galactus own ship? With barely any words mention and Thanos already having the energy ready in his hand, Also if Thanos is so intelligent as you always claim him to be (which he actually showed by saying that his Blast would have no effect on Galactus) that he doesn't calculate that he needs to be prepared for Galactus revenge, same in Annihilation Thanos wanted out of the way the second he reliased Galactus because he didn't want to be on the receiving end of a weakened and drained Galactus. Think about the difference in the two situation "sports" Omega he engages with a team and Omega isn't stated to be a Universal Threat, however he came to Galactus with infinite more at stake then what he came with against Omega, the fate of a entire universe. Then try and compare, and wonder what he decided to prepare himself best for, I can tell you this much Thanos isn't so stupid that he downgrades his own means of defenses against a Opponent where the stakes are much much higher then what he previously encountered with Omega.

Funny we see it the other way around, but that's maybe because you choose to simply ignore what we say, we doesn't ignore you Quanchi Tenebrous and I have addressed every single of you points, while you glide straight over ours.

Knowsbleed33
I'd say Eternity since he's jobbed it pretty badly before. The problem is there are beings between Thanos and Eternity that I don't think Thanos could take even with 2 yrs prep.

This is just my personal opinion though.

TheBadguy
...d..did he just rap

quanchi112
But you have failed to in any way prove that point to the degree that Tenebrous have showed his. But please answer me this is Thanos stupid because he has to be if he downgrades his own tech for a confrontation one on one with Galactus.

He was already weakened when he broke the forcefield, vital energies are depleted when you are already low on energy, you doesn't go from Well Fed to Starving in one teleportation and one blast, but again do you seriously believe that Breaking Thanos shield toke more then Teleport a Galaxy ressurrect Zenn-La battle Agamotto and Mephisto etc?

So that was the reason Thanos fired him through the side of Galactus own ship? With barely any words mention and Thanos already having the energy ready in his hand, Also if Thanos is so intelligent as you always claim him to be (which he actually showed by saying that his Blast would have no effect on Galactus) that he doesn't calculate that he needs to be prepared for Galactus revenge, same in Annihilation Thanos wanted out of the way the second he reliased Galactus because he didn't want to be on the receiving end of a weakened and drained Galactus. Think about the difference in the two situation "sports" Omega he engages with a team and Omega isn't stated to be a Universal Threat, however he came to Galactus with infinite more at stake then what he came with against Omega, the fate of a entire universe. Then try and compare, and wonder what he decided to prepare himself best for, I can tell you this much Thanos isn't so stupid that he downgrades his own means of defenses against a Opponent where the stakes are much much higher then what he previously encountered with Omega.

Funny we see it the other way around, but that's maybe because you choose to simply ignore what we say, we doesn't ignore you Quanchi Tenebrous and I have addressed every single of you points, while you glide straight over ours. I explained this. How can you honor Thanos' words which never specifically stated how many shields and totally ignore his assessment of Omega's power level? How?

No,he stated that he was weakened by dealing with Thanos. Quit trying to downplay it. He exerted vital energies breaking his forcefield. Thanos tech is superb. Quit looking into other stories to justify your points. Galactus' words are plain as day.

Thanos knew he had to take matters into his hands. There was nothing else he could do besides take immediate action. Galactus still released the Hunger and Thanos had to clean up his mess. Thanos almost took out Galactus on his own with that explosion. Good thing that wasnt his intention.

Thanos doesnt want to take Galactus' wrath for the same reason he was getting wrecked by Omega. He cant take on either one on his power alone. Thanos launched Galactus with one blast and couldnt budge Omega. Think about it. This isnt hard to grasp. Thanos had things set in motion to be able to destroy the Hunger. Thanos with others set things in motion to defeat Omega. It was much easier to take out the Hunger than it was to take out Omega.

You have ignored much and want to accept Thanos' word an dmake up however many shields proves it was more powerful than he used against Omega while turning a blind eye to Thanos' statements concerning Omega's power level. Think about it.

Utrigita
I explained this. How can you honor Thanos' words which never specifically stated how many shields and totally ignore his assessment of Omega's power level? How?

No,he stated that he was weakened by dealing with Thanos. Quit trying to downplay it. He exerted vital energies breaking his forcefield. Thanos tech is superb. Quit looking into other stories to justify your points. Galactus' words are plain as day.

Thanos knew he had to take matters into his hands. There was nothing else he could do besides take immediate action. Galactus still released the Hunger and Thanos had to clean up his mess. Thanos almost took out Galactus on his own with that explosion. Good thing that wasnt his intention.

Thanos doesnt want to take Galactus' wrath for the same reason he was getting wrecked by Omega. He cant take on either one on his power alone. Thanos launched Galactus with one blast and couldnt budge Omega. Think about it. This isnt hard to grasp. Thanos had things set in motion to be able to destroy the Hunger. Thanos with others set things in motion to defeat Omega. It was much easier to take out the Hunger than it was to take out Omega.

You have ignored much and want to accept Thanos' word an dmake up however many shields proves it was more powerful than he used against Omega while turning a blind eye to Thanos' statements concerning Omega's power level. Think about it.

Because their is a enormous difference between the two situations Quanchi, in one of the incident we have the required comic that show us that All of Thanos Forcefields are more then a single one we have the fact right infront of us imo concerning omega we only have statements about his powerlevel, and he demonstrated nothing that places him near two times Galactus. And as mentioned before Thanos says Shielding, while Galactus is saying "Never before" and then is commenting on Thanos level of technology, as Tenebrous have stated again and again Galactus is talking about the quality of the produced shielding not the quantity of the shielding.

He stated that he depleted Vital Ressources by defeating Thanos I have never said otherwise what I say is laughable is you thinking that Galactus moved from Well Fed to Starving in one Blast when Galactus himself isn't that depleted that he cannot fire another blast to deal with Thanos and when Hunger enters fire blast potent enough to in the beginning drive hunger back, and you cannot argue that from the point of time Thanos made that statement and too the actual confrontation alot had transpired. So I have to quit looking at the long history of Galactus to give your argument any form of leverage no thanks, answer the question. Do you think Galactus went from Well Fed to Starving in a single Blast against Thanos? Yes they are and yet you seem to have a way of overlooking them.

Good thing that Thanos their showed that he prepares for every eventuality that may arises, then I believe it's also clear to see that Thanos wasn't so stupid that he downgrade his own level of protection. Galactus just happened to forget that he can teleport... Quiet a Good Feat for Galactus when compared to Omega.

Because he knew that unprepared he didn't have any chance against either of them, and that was a starving and extremely depleted Galactus and still Thanos wanted to get away, if that doesn't say something about the level of power Galactus has in his arsenal compared to Omega... As mentioned before The scan specificly say "with enough power to level a mountain" Shall I find the scan where Galactus takes such a force and just barely acknowlegde it? Do I have to mention that between the confrontation with Omega and Galactus Thanos had been in possession of the heart of the universe and himself stating that he has increased his own powerlevel? Much easier to take out Hunger perhaps. Was more at stake with the prize of failure if he failed to stop Hunger? Yes. Wouldn't it then be completely idiotic of Thanos to not prepare himself even better for the possibility that Hunger would be summoned especially since he basically had the entire act to work against it.

What I have choosen to respectfull regard as hyperbole is that when Thanos stats a being to be twice Galactus and that very being then fail to provide the feats to in any way cementat that statement.

guy222
wavey

Tenebrous
Yeah,its gettin old quick. Do you mean your thesis?

I will continue to drop knowledge on you and introduce you to its plural form

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thesis

Now the weekend was busy so I didn't have a chance to put up scans. All relevant scans will make this comprehensive argument more precise

guy222
thanos beats wasp stick out tongue

Tenebrous
Funny we see it the other way around, but that's maybe because you choose to simply ignore what we say, we doesn't ignore you Quanchi Tenebrous and I have addressed every single of you points, while you glide straight over ours.

Exactly. Quanchi is one of those that refuses to perceive logic other than his. Which is what makes this debate fun and entertaining. Eventually it will get exasperating for one or both parties, but I haven't reached that point yet. Scans coming later

Tattoos N Scars
bump

Xplosive
Probably TOAA.

WhiteWitchKing
Stan Lee

Omega Vision
Probably TOAA.
Nope. Even at his strongest (HOTU) Thanos was nothing more than the One Above All's Puppet.

Galan007
He could beat God fo sho.

...He'd still be below Batman's leg and Squirrel Girl's nut sack, though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
He could beat God fo sho.

...He'd still be below Batman's leg and Squirrel Girl's nut sack, though.
I agree that if he had the full backing of Batman and Squirrel Girl he could beat TOAA, but that's still a big if. He probably couldn't handle even a smidgen of the Batforce or SG's nutsack.

Tattoos N Scars
Superman

JakeTheBank
Thanos.

quanchi112
Because their is a enormous difference between the two situations Quanchi, in one of the incident we have the required comic that show us that All of Thanos Forcefields are more then a single one we have the fact right infront of us imo concerning omega we only have statements about his powerlevel, and he demonstrated nothing that places him near two times Galactus. And as mentioned before Thanos says Shielding, while Galactus is saying "Never before" and then is commenting on Thanos level of technology, as Tenebrous have stated again and again Galactus is talking about the quality of the produced shielding not the quantity of the shielding.

He stated that he depleted Vital Ressources by defeating Thanos I have never said otherwise what I say is laughable is you thinking that Galactus moved from Well Fed to Starving in one Blast when Galactus himself isn't that depleted that he cannot fire another blast to deal with Thanos and when Hunger enters fire blast potent enough to in the beginning drive hunger back, and you cannot argue that from the point of time Thanos made that statement and too the actual confrontation alot had transpired. So I have to quit looking at the long history of Galactus to give your argument any form of leverage no thanks, answer the question. Do you think Galactus went from Well Fed to Starving in a single Blast against Thanos? Yes they are and yet you seem to have a way of overlooking them.

Good thing that Thanos their showed that he prepares for every eventuality that may arises, then I believe it's also clear to see that Thanos wasn't so stupid that he downgrade his own level of protection. Galactus just happened to forget that he can teleport... Quiet a Good Feat for Galactus when compared to Omega.

Because he knew that unprepared he didn't have any chance against either of them, and that was a starving and extremely depleted Galactus and still Thanos wanted to get away, if that doesn't say something about the level of power Galactus has in his arsenal compared to Omega... As mentioned before The scan specificly say "with enough power to level a mountain" Shall I find the scan where Galactus takes such a force and just barely acknowlegde it? Do I have to mention that between the confrontation with Omega and Galactus Thanos had been in possession of the heart of the universe and himself stating that he has increased his own powerlevel? Much easier to take out Hunger perhaps. Was more at stake with the prize of failure if he failed to stop Hunger? Yes. Wouldn't it then be completely idiotic of Thanos to not prepare himself even better for the possibility that Hunger would be summoned especially since he basically had the entire act to work against it.

What I have choosen to respectfull regard as hyperbole is that when Thanos stats a being to be twice Galactus and that very being then fail to provide the feats to in any way cementat that statement. There's still no proof he brought 3 shields like we know he did against someone more powerful than Galactus. The point is it's obvious the shields were less than against Galactus because he's a lot less powerful than Omega.

I never said he was starving I said he depleted vital energies which was stated on panel. Interpret it as you will but it's a huge show of respect for Thanos here.

Omega is more powerful than Galactus but a good amount. genis confirmed it so whether or not Thanos brought shielding it wasn't anywhere near as strong as the one he brought against Omega. That's a fact too that Omega is more powerful.

Genis confirmed it with ca on panel to confirm it. It wasn't hyperbole it was the intention of the writer to make it clear to the reader that Omega is more powerful than Galactus. You want to disagree because it drives you crazy but you don't write the comics do ya?

I will continue to drop knowledge on you and introduce you to its plural form

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thesis

Now the weekend was busy so I didn't have a chance to put up scans. All relevant scans will make this comprehensive argument more precise I can't even remember what this addressed. I have already made my points which are on panel facts while you are just shoving more Galactus propaganda in my face.Originally posted by Tenebrous
Exactly. Quanchi is one of those that refuses to perceive logic other than his. Which is what makes this debate fun and entertaining. Eventually it will get exasperating for one or both parties, but I haven't reached that point yet. Scans coming later I do take in other people's points but when they contradict on panel facts I reject them all the same.

Bouboumaster
I say Eternity, or Dormmammu.

Mshinu
With 2 years.. probably anyone lower than the Living Tribunal.

Except Aunt May and Bruce Lee.

Warlord
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Superman

no, he'd still combo him to KO

Estacado
It's pretty funny how quanchi says Omega is more powerful then Galactus because it was stated by Thanos though he got killed by an armada of battleships.........haermm

Though the Source should be below Galactus cause it only showed feats on "Odin's level"....

Bentley
Darkseid 131

Priest
Originally posted by Estacado
It's pretty funny how quanchi says Omega is more powerful then Galactus because it was stated by Thanos though he got killed by an armada of battleships.........haermm

Though the Source should be below Galactus cause it only showed feats on "Odin's level"....
It was stated that the each of those battleships was on par with a well fed Galactus ahuh

Nihilist
Inbetweener.

Warlord
Batman

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galactus would be no issue for Thanos with 2 years prep. In two years I would say he could beat some abstracts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.