Disturbing Mormon Cartoon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
Accidentally found this on youtube, dunno if its been mentioned before. Very interesting, maybe some Mormon members can comment on it, whether it reflects Moromon beliefs for example.

2:23 is an odd view explaining where blacks came from.

zy0d1HbItOo

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not sure how much stock I put in anti-mormon propaganda but it's certainly strange even if only parts of it are true. The space gods especially.

Adam_PoE
Meet the largest sponsors of Proposition 8.

=Tired Hiker=
I swear I heard him talk about a star base! eek!

lil bitchiness
Wait, why are there Roman looking soldiers in the movie?

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Wait, why are there Roman looking soldiers in the movie? Cause they fought that native american jews in the America in the 5th century. Duh. Do you know nothing?

Grand-Moff-Gav
I am told my Mormons, this is a distortion of some of their beliefs with a load of fabrications chucked in as well...though there are a few facts here and there...

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Meet the largest sponsors of Proposition 8.
Isn't it, wonderful?

inimalist
I'm sorta interested in what Mr. dadudemon has to say about this...

Grand-Moff-Gav
Probably scream LIES and deny the history of the early teaching of his Church...

Perhaps I should try that tactic when people mention the Inquisition...

Grand-Moff-Gav
dQiyltvIcEQ

Red Nemesis
That was...

Interesting.

I did not lol though.

Deja~vu
I really can't believe that this is all of their belief. Really different.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Its mostly nonsense, I like the animation style though...

Da Pittman
Anyone else feel a Superman reference laughing

Deja~vu
That thought went through my head too. LOL

Grinning Goku
I lol'ed when he knocked on Mary's door.

inimalist
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
I lol'ed when he knocked on Mary's door.

I as well

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
I as well

Haven't watch the video yet, was it her backdoor, though?

inimalist
no, it was just really strange

like god just strolls up and casually knocks

i dont know, its funny

Deja~vu
It all makes sense to me now. *follows them......* LOL

Aint anybody gonna save me???

Robtard
no, it was just really strange

like god just strolls up and casually knocks

i dont know, its funny

Are you feeling well today, Sir? I made a clear anal-sex reference and you let it slip by.

inimalist
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you feeling well today, Sir? I made a clear anal-sex reference and you let it slip by.

I'm high

lol

ummm, go anal sex? lol, too much pressure now....

EDIT: ^^^^thats what she said!

dadudemon
We don't believe that there are "trillions of countless other planets with life like our own."

That would be a truth mixed in with their own wording. Nowhere has it ever been said "trillions". But we do believe that there is tons of other planets out there with life created by God/Jesus on them.

We most certainly don't believe that they are ruled by countless Gods who were once like us. That's quite absurd, actually. The "gods" reference in Abraham has never been fully explained and it is assumed by Mormon theological pundits, like myself, that it could refer to Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father, and possibly a Heavenly Mother.

Do you guys see where this video is going, now? Just like GMG said, truth in there, but chucked in with misrepresentations and lies.

Also, we believe that God, in a different contiuum, may have been similar to man or was similar to Jesus's role in this reality...it is unclear, but we are sure that he has, himself, progressed from a lesser state.

LOL, the whole thing about the baby being born to the Goddess wives is absolutely false. They pulled that out of a black hole. That is actually quite funny.

What we DO know, according to the book of Abraham, is Jesus was God's first born and his most intelligent/righteous. That's not very different from what other Christians believe.

Also, that idea that Jesus was "elevated to Godhood" is completely false. As I previously stated, he was already in the Godhood as a spirit. Also, the new testament itself says that Jesus progressed or grew, grace by grace or something like that....so every Christian SHOULD believe that Jesus progressed while "behind the veil" of immortality. (the veil is why we don't remember being a spirit with God.)

Again with the Goddes wives shit. Lol. Not true. It is quite funny, though.

Yes, we believe that Kolob is the closest thing to God's reality. It could be a planet or star, it could be a reality, or it could just be next to a weird thingie that can't be described yet that gets you to God. It's just a concept of a place, by not necessarily a physical place. It could actually be a place of the mind's state...it's not been defined.

LOL at the "endless celestial sex". That would be nice.......but it's still the perpetuation of a previous lie.

As you can see, I could go on and on just about every single point. GMG was actually quite accurate. Maybe he's a Mormon in disguise? big grin

I don't think I need to continue to go down the video, picking apart the video second by second. I actually don't have time. I'm more interested in talking to Bards about NASA.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by dadudemon
We don't believe that there are "trillions of countless other planets with life like our own."

That would be a truth mixed in with their own wording. Nowhere has it ever been said "trillions". But we do believe that there is tons of other planets out there with life created by God/Jesus on them.

We most certainly don't believe that they are ruled by countless Gods who were once like us. That's quite absurd, actually. The "gods" reference in Abraham has never been fully explained and it is assumed by Mormon theological pundits, like myself, that it could refer to Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father, and possibly a Heavenly Mother.

Do you guys see where this video is going, now? Just like GMG said, truth in there, but chucked in with misrepresentations and lies.

Also, we believe that God, in a different contiuum, may have been similar to man or was similar to Jesus's role in this reality...it is unclear, but we are sure that he has, himself, progressed from a lesser state.

LOL, the whole thing about the baby being born to the Goddess wives is absolutely false. They pulled that out of a black hole. That is actually quite funny.

What we DO know, according to the book of Abraham, is Jesus was God's first born and his most intelligent/righteous. That's not very different from what other Christians believe.

Also, that idea that Jesus was "elevated to Godhood" is completely false. As I previously stated, he was already in the Godhood as a spirit. Also, the new testament itself says that Jesus progressed or grew, grace by grace or something like that....so every Christian SHOULD believe that Jesus progressed while "behind the veil" of immortality. (the veil is why we don't remember being a spirit with God.)

Again with the Goddes wives shit. Lol. Not true. It is quite funny, though.

Yes, we believe that Kolob is the closest thing to God's reality. It could be a planet or star, it could be a reality, or it could just be next to a weird thingie that can't be described yet that gets you to God. It's just a concept of a place, by not necessarily a physical place. It could actually be a place of the mind's state...it's not been defined.

LOL at the "endless celestial sex". That would be nice.......but it's still the perpetuation of a previous lie.

As you can see, I could go on and on just about every single point. GMG was actually quite accurate. Maybe he's a Mormon in disguise? big grin

I don't think I need to continue to go down the video, picking apart the video second by second. I actually don't have time. I'm more interested in talking to Bards about NASA.

So the black people thing is true?

Robtard
DDM is just being a good Mormon and is playing distract/cleanup, they're told by their elders to deny the more "private" aspects of the religion when speaking to non-Mormons, because our unsaved wicked souls couldn't't handle it and are undeserving of such "truths."

And yes, you black-people are divinely 'marked', so everyone knows your sins.

Bardock42
DDM is just being a good Mormon and is playing distract/cleanup, they're told by their elders to deny the more "private" aspects of the religion when speaking to non-Mormons, because our unsaved wicked souls couldn't't handle it and are undeserving of such "truths."

And yes, you black-people are divinely 'marked', so everyone knows your sins. And yes, God did rape a newly wed girl.

Though, the difference between real Christianity and Mormonism on that point are minor at best.

jaden101
how creepy is it when he knocks on the virgin Mary's door and he's got that "YOU'RE GONNA GET RAPED" look on his face laughing

Grand-Moff-Gav
So the black people thing is true?

Some early Mormon teachers did propose that yes- however I think you are looking at it out of context. People tried in to justify slavery in many different ways from religious, philosophical, legal and scientific perspectives. It was a huge industry that made lots of money and thus, failure to support it or to come out to strongly against it could get you into lots of trouble.

However, it doesn't reflect modern Mormon thought and is really a silly point dragged up by people to attack a religion they don't understand...

What I do find interesting is the magic underwear...
aYMSxt_P2D8

dadudemon

Sort of....but it is just another negative misrepresentation of what we believe. Are you jealous because you've been deemed unworthy to go into the sacred parts of our temples? I'm getting this strange feeling that other religions have similar beliefs....

And yes, you black-people are divinely 'marked', so everyone knows your sins.

No. What GMG said.

Also, it should be quite obvious that God is racist, for all intents and purposes. Only the levites could hold the priesthood...back in they day. God calls the jews his "chosen people" quite a bit throughout the bible.

Da Pittman

inimalist
Originally posted by Da Pittman
anyone else think that they do cult group sex in there?

lol

that would make me way more interested in becoming a Morman

man, why can't I ever find crazy sex cults...

dadudemon

Bardock42
Morman

Ah, that's that polygamist superheroe, right?

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ah, that's that polygamist superheroe, right?

mad

there is no "e" on the end of hero.

dick

Bicnarok

Da Pittman
Indeed. Well, it's not secret, really. It is out there, in some form or another, everything that is in our religion. There really is no unknown secrets.
So I would have to join your religion before I knew what I was joining? So I would have to read the the front cover, decided if I was going to live the rest of my life before I understood the whole book? Sounds like a street gang, jump-in jump-out kinda thing. I have several Mormon friends and not one of them can tell me what goes on it the Temple, sounds like a secret to me.

Bardock42
mad

dick True, true.

Da Pittman
mad

dick I just thought it was one of those fancy ways of saying it stick out tongue

dadudemon

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Some early Mormon teachers did propose that yes-

Like Joseph Smith.

Robtard
Sort of....but it is just another negative misrepresentation of what we believe. Are you jealous because you've been deemed unworthy to go into the sacred parts of our temples? I'm getting this strange feeling that other religions have similar beliefs....

No. What GMG said.

Also, it should be quite obvious that God is racist, for all intents and purposes. Only the levites could hold the priesthood...back in they day. God calls the jews his "chosen people" quite a bit throughout the bible.

Why would I be jealous? I could easily become a Mormon if I wanted, I do work, could give 10% of my income and this magical garments do look comfortable.

Yeah, that it was taught at one point; as early as Joseph Smith.

I suspect that the Jews are the chosen people, because it was the Jews who originally wrote the book/religion. Coincidence? Na.

dadudemon
Why Yeah, that it was taught at one point; as early as Joseph Smith.

No, stuff like that was never condoned to be "taught" inside the church.

No, Joe never taught it or said it was from teh lordz.

I'm quite sure that there are plenty of teachers who teach things in other religions that are no accurate to that religion's cannon. It doesn't mean that that is what the church holds as true, though. I inject my own thoughts and interpretations all the time, when I teach...but I admit that it's not the Church's position. Back then, almost everyone was a very new member and they brought in their own former beliefs and philosophies. Those "falsehoods" were corrected as they arose.

I suspect that the Jews are the chosen people, because it was the Jews who originally wrote the book/religion. Coincidence? Na.

You do realize that the comment you are replaying to was anti-theistic in nature, don't you?

Robtard
Joe didn't like the darkies; that's what I'm sticking to.

Was it ever in the book of Mormon, the 'black people were marked' thing?

You do realize that I was following you in your anti'ness.

dadudemon
Joe didn't like the darkies; that's what I'm sticking to.

Was it ever in the book of Mormon, the 'black people were marked' thing?

You do realize that I was following you in your anti'ness.

Despite the fact that one of the reasons Mormons were driven out of Missouri was for their slavery stance? Don't forget, Joseph Smith also personally baptized African Americans into the Church. Just because the Mormons didn't give the priesthood to ALL "blacks" doesn't mean that they were not pioneers of equality. Did you know that blacks DID have the priesthood well before the 70s?

Nope. Neither was it in the Doctrine and Covenants. It was an erroneous interpretation of the old testament on Cain.

No, I didn't realize that. I wasn't sure either way, that's why I posed it as a pissy question instead of a statement.

Da Pittman

Symmetric Chaos
One other thing.
Why do Mormons shun non-Mormons? I have know so many people when their friends (my wife included) that when they convert they shun them and most of the time never speak to them again. If you are a non-Mormon moving into a Mormon community the Mormon kids will not play with yours.

I've always found Mormons to be nice and rather welcoming people.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I've always found Mormons to be nice and rather welcoming people.

Except when they are funding campaigns to strip minorities of their constitutional rights.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Except when they are funding campaigns to strip minorities of their constitutional rights.

There is that.

Quark_666
You may be interested to understand that the Mormon church has donated none of it's budget and has taken no official stance on Proposition 8. However, there are several church leaders who have abused their theological influence to encourage church members to "fight" for the "protection" of marriage. That problem has not gone unnoticed. There are plenty of Mormons fighting to prevent the church from getting further involved in politics. I have no doubt we'll succeed eventually.

Meanwhile, we'd all appreciate it if you didn't link our politics to our theology!

Quark_666
So the black people thing is true? The "black people thing" is the result of a description in the Book of Mormon of a "fair and delightsome people."

Obviously, it offends some people.

Quark_666
Oh wait...I suppose the "black people thing" does have more grounding, and that is that black people weren't allowed to hold the priesthood for over a century since the church was founded.

Yeah, it's offensive I guess. I can't give a really good excuse for that problem...sorry.

dadudemon

Da Pittman

dadudemon

Regret
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Accidentally found this on youtube, dunno if its been mentioned before. Very interesting, maybe some Mormon members can comment on it, whether it reflects Moromon beliefs for example.

2:23 is an odd view explaining where blacks came from.

You should have actually done some looking at the "Mormons" thread that is linked to in the sticky.

This is an old video that distorts much of our views and misstates/misquotes many statements our leaders have made in an attempt to attack the religion that excommunicated the creators of said video.

For a rebuttal to the book the video is based on, follow this link:

The Truth About "The God Makers" - FAIR is an apologetics group made up of members of the LDS Church (i.e. commonly referred to as the Mormons).

Regret
Some early Mormon teachers did propose that yes- however I think you are looking at it out of context. People tried in to justify slavery in many different ways from religious, philosophical, legal and scientific perspectives. It was a huge industry that made lots of money and thus, failure to support it or to come out to strongly against it could get you into lots of trouble.

However, it doesn't reflect modern Mormon thought and is really a silly point dragged up by people to attack a religion they don't understand... Actually, early "Mormons" were opposed to slavery and that was a part of the rationale for the first attempts to stop "Mormon" voters from voting in Missouri.

We do in fact believe that the black skin is due to a descent from Cain. We do not believe that the color of the skin was the curse, but merely the result of descent from Cain. Cain was given a mark to separate him from all other people. Given that science suggests that original humans may have been black, I doubt that the "mark" referenced in the scriptures references black skin. If it did, how would people tell Cain from other people that were black?

Da Pittman

Mindship
... "endless celestial sex" ...

rock

dadudemon

Regret
More on the LDS Church history and the Blacks:

Black history and the LDS Church from blacklds.com

Also, as to science:

If someone states that we disagree with science, you can know that they are in error.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Regret
Actually, early "Mormons" were opposed to slavery and that was a part of the rationale for the first attempts to stop "Mormon" voters from voting in Missouri.

We do in fact believe that the black skin is due to a descent from Cain. We do not believe that the color of the skin was the curse, but merely the result of descent from Cain. Cain was given a mark to separate him from all other people. Given that science suggests that original humans may have been black, I doubt that the "mark" referenced in the scriptures references black skin. If it did, how would people tell Cain from other people that were black?

Maybe Cain was actually made white?

Regret
Maybe Cain was actually made white? Maybe, but I wouldn't understand how his progeny was the group that had black skin. We do believe the blacks to be descended from Cain.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Maybe, but I wouldn't understand how his progeny was the group that had black skin. We do believe the blacks to be descended from Cain.

You have said that the earliest humans seem to have been black.

You have then said that being black cannot be the mark of Cain otherwise, you wouldn't be able to distinguish Cain's descendents from the other humans.

Therefore, perhaps Cain's people where made white, this would give an adequate "mark of Cain" which we would all be able to identify...

Thus, it is likely that Satan has corrupted your teachings and turned things in favour of Cain's cursed people...

Regret
You have said that the earliest humans seem to have been black.

You have then said that being black cannot be the mark of Cain otherwise, you wouldn't be able to distinguish Cain's descendents from the other humans.

Therefore, perhaps Cain's people where made white, this would give an adequate "mark of Cain" which we would all be able to identify...

Thus, it is likely that Satan has corrupted your teachings and turned things in favour of Cain's cursed people... No, I stated that Cain's mark could not have been black skin, because you would not be able to distinguish Cain himself from his own descendants. The mark was given so that man could distinguish Cain himself from all other people, black or white or whatever.

I believe that the original people were possibly mixed in skin tone, perhaps Adam and Eve were not of the same racial origin. A mixed color marriage.

Grand-Moff-Gav
No, I stated that Cain's mark could not have been black skin, because you would not be able to distinguish Cain himself from his own descendants. The mark was given so that man could distinguish Cain himself from all other people, black or white or whatever.

I believe that the original people were possibly mixed in skin tone, perhaps Adam and Eve were not of the same racial origin. A mixed color marriage.

It wasn't black skin so it could have been WHITE!

Also, we should note only the CJCLDS and Mormon Fundamentalists excludd (and continue to exclude) blacks from the priesthood...

The other Later Day Saint movement churches have always allowed blacks to become priests...

Regret
It wasn't black skin so it could have been WHITE!

Also, we should note only the CJCLDS and Mormon Fundamentalists excludd (and continue to exclude) blacks from the priesthood...

The other Later Day Saint movement churches have always allowed blacks to become priests... True.

Although, Elijah Abel was given the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods in 1836. And, if the records are accurate, Joseph Smith himself ordained him.

Given this, I do not know why the blacks did not receive the priesthood for a period, we have no recorded rationale for not giving them the priesthood. Blacks in the LDS Church have been able to receive the priesthood since 1978.

However, if you are suggesting racism, the Bible itself shows racial favoritism. If this were a sufficient evidence to deny the LDS religion, it would be sufficient evidence to deny any Biblically based religion, as well as the majority of other religions. Unless I am not remembering an instance, Buddhism may be the only religion that I can think of without a racial issue in its past.

Grand-Moff-Gav
True.

Although, Elijah Abel was given the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods in 1836. And, if the records are accurate, Joseph Smith himself ordained him.

Given this, I do not know why the blacks did not receive the priesthood for a period, we have no recorded rationale for not giving them the priesthood. Blacks in the LDS Church have been able to receive the priesthood since 1978.

However, if you are suggesting racism, the Bible itself shows racial favoritism. If this were a sufficient evidence to deny the LDS religion, it would be sufficient evidence to deny any Biblically based religion, as well as the majority of other religions. Unless I am not remembering an instance, Buddhism may be the only religion that I can think of without a racial issue in its past.

I would dispute your pathetically ill informed claim that the Bible supports racism...

Regret
I would dispute your pathetically ill informed claim that the Bible supports racism... Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

Israel commits genocide while migrating from Egypt to Israel. It is against the religion to marry a non-Israelite. Christ himself tells his disciples that they are to go to the Jews first and then the other races. Ishmael upsets Abraham, and his descendants are persecuted by Israel the rest of the Bible. And that's just for starters.

I do not believe it was racism, but then, I also do not believe the LDS Church ever behaved in a racist manner either. The Bible has more racially motivated commentary than any other religious book I have read.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

Israel commits genocide while migrating from Egypt to Israel. It is against the religion to marry a non-Israelite. Christ himself tells his disciples that they are to go to the Jews first and then the other races. Ishmael upsets Abraham, and his descendants are persecuted by Israel the rest of the Bible. And that's just for starters.

I do not believe it was racism, but then, I also do not believe the LDS Church ever behaved in a racist manner either. The Bible has more racially motivated commentary than any other religious book I have read.

Your theology is lacking I see...

God made a covenant with the Jewish people- which he kept- which was designed to create a society suitable for the delivery of the messiah...

Everything from its Kings (the line of David) to its religious organization was a perfect construction for Jesus' arrival.

And the reward? ETERNAL SALVATION for all peoples.

Jews first? Depends on what you think he meant, perhaps it was a reward for their following God's laws (albeit imperfectly) or perhaps the conversion attempts of the Jews was pragmatic- needed to provide a basis for the future expansion. Ofcourse there is also Paul, it was his mission to convert the Gentiles...

Also, the great commission tells us that "people of all nations" were to be baptised- indiscriminate of race.

Regret
Your theology is lacking I see...

God made a covenant with the Jewish people- which he kept- which was designed to create a society suitable for the delivery of the messiah...

Everything from its Kings (the line of David) to its religious organization was a perfect construction for Jesus' arrival.

And the reward? ETERNAL SALVATION for all peoples.

Jews first? Depends on what you think he meant, perhaps it was a reward for their following God's laws (albeit imperfectly) or perhaps the conversion attempts of the Jews was pragmatic- needed to provide a basis for the future expansion. Ofcourse there is also Paul, it was his mission to convert the Gentiles...

Also, the great commission tells us that "people of all nations" were to be baptised- indiscriminate of race.

So the "appearance" of racism in the Bible was not truly racism, simply perceived as such wink

Grand-Moff-Gav
So the "appearance" of racism in the Bible was not truly racism, simply perceived as such wink

Only if your uneducated in Biblical Studies...

Regret
Only if your uneducated in Biblical Studies...
I agree, and the same principle holds true with the perception of racism in the LDS church by those not in the LDS Church, or in your words "uneducated in" LDS Studies.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I agree, and the same principle holds true with the perception of racism in the LDS church by those not in the LDS Church, or in your words "uneducated in" LDS Studies.

As I stated, in my original posts about distortions and fabrications contained in the video and general anti-latterdaysaintism.

Regret
As I stated, in my original posts about distortions and fabrications contained in the video and general anti-latterdaysaintism. Yes smile I merely led you along that direction of the conversation to reach this point.

dadudemon
I'm sure that this thread should be merged with the other Mormon thread.

Anyway, GMG, I actually laughed out loud at your posts. I just assumed you were joking with your arrogant comments, which is why I laughed. If you were serious, damn bro, that's harsh.

I already said Jesus is racist (in jest), however, since I actually hold the priesthood, I'm right. Even so, amen. See how that works? big grin

Grand-Moff-Gav
Yes smile I merely led you along that direction of the conversation to reach this point.

hmm

a lead on...tasty wink

I'm sure that this thread should be merged with the other Mormon thread.

Anyway, GMG, I actually laughed out loud at your posts. I just assumed you were joking with your arrogant comments, which is why I laughed. If you were serious, damn bro, that's harsh.

I already said Jesus is racist (in jest), however, since I actually hold the priesthood, I'm right. Even so, amen. See how that works? big grin

Sounds like Popery to me!

dadudemon
Sounds like Popery to me!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/Buttsex-1.jpg

Darth Jello
I still think anal is probably better than celestial sex

Deja~vu
Not possible.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Not possible.

Celestial Anal?

Robtard
Celestial Anal?

Begs the question, would a god need an anus to begin with?

Regret
Begs the question, would a god need an anus to begin with? Biblically, man is created in the image of God. God thus would have an anus. As to need, who knows?

Deja~vu
Define what kind of image a "God" would need to be a God. A God would NOT need.

NO.. laughing out loud

dadudemon
Biblically, man is created in the image of God. God thus would have an anus. As to need, who knows?

I would assume that God has no moles, no anus, no belly button, no scars, no freckles, no bladder, not guts, no immune system...etc. etc. etc.

Regret
I would assume that God has no moles, no anus, no belly button, no scars, no freckles, no bladder, not guts, no immune system...etc. etc. etc. God couldn't have a perfect mole?

Symmetric Chaos
Begs the question, would a god need an anus to begin with?

To make fart jokes.

Da Pittman
God couldn't have a perfect mole? Cindy is going to be pissed.

UKR
Although Mormons can't be all bad if they're against gay marriage, nonetheless that cartoon does prove that they're completely crazy.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by UKR
Although Mormons can't be all bad if they're against gay marriage, nonetheless that cartoon does prove that they're completely crazy. No I think that drops them in the bad category too stick out tongue

UKR
For some reason the style and feel of that cartoon reminded me of other 80s cartoons like Transformers.

UKR
I always get this religion confused with Scientology. They're both utterly ridiculous pseudoscience.

Bicnarok

Regret
Originally posted by UKR
I always get this religion confused with Scientology. They're both utterly ridiculous pseudoscience. Perhaps you should do some research into the LDS Church before attacking it in that manner. The LDS Church is a Christian religion, the little cartoon is a gross misrepresentation of our beliefs.

Here are the core differences between LDS, Mormon, beliefs and traditional Christian belief:

Christ, God the Father and The Holy Spirit are 3 separate gods in LDS belief. In traditional Christian belief, the three are separate individuals that together are God.LDS believe that Man is the offspring of deity and as such is possibly capable of maturing to godhood. We believe that this is part of what was meant "joint-heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17).LDS believe God speaks to Man currently through prophets.Your comment may as well attack Christianity as pseudoscience as well, it is just as close to it as the LDS are.

Red Nemesis
It might not be a very good idea to protect your own religion with talk about Christianity's scientific validity. It might work as a diversionary tactic, but it is hardly an effective argument.

UKR
It's all pseudoscience...not necessarily the idea of God in and of the idea itself, just the kind of things religions claim. Christianity included, yes. But what you and the Mormons believe both look like it came out of a comic book even more than everybody else's religions put together. The Scientologists believe that evil souls came to Earth from outer space because they were fleeing from Darth Vader in jumbo jets. Your bullcrap about "prophets" basically means that these prophets are incredibly unscrupulous, unsavory characters who use their position to get away with stuff that is only granted to legally certified religions. Mormonism is a cult that relies on mind-control. I watched that crappy news documentary about polygamists and I can tell you, they're all a bunch of pedophiles who break children's bones and get away with it. These freaks live in a guarded compound in Texas with fences, guard posts and guns everywhere, not to mention the security cameras, and the guards ready themselves when law enforcement or media automobiles pass by. It doesn't matter whether the cartoon is accurate or not, you're still crazy.

Symmetric Chaos
The moment you say "God did it" everything ceases to be pseudoscience because science clearly isn't being used. Hence religion (Christianity, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Islam, Paganism) is not pseudoscientific because it makes no attempt to be scientific at all.

You also fail on every other point you presented but I thought going after the most obvious one was best.

Regret
The moment you say "God did it" everything ceases to be pseudoscience because science clearly isn't being used. Hence religion (Christianity, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Islam, Paganism) is not pseudoscientific because it makes no attempt to be scientific at all.

You also fail on every other point you presented but I thought going after the most obvious one was best.
Your claim still fails. Here is some quick LDS reading on the subject of science:

Symmetric Chaos
Missing the point.

The idea of God is not pseudoscience unless you try using science to rationalize it. The majority religions rely on faith (not science) when it comes to God and thus cannot be accused of being pseudoscientific because they are not attempting to do anything scientific in the first place.

Similarly if I say "Magic is real!" I'm not being pseudoscientific because nothing involving science comes up. But if I say "Magic is what happens when we open the 90% of our brain that is closed in order to take control of quantum reality!" I am being pseudoscientific because I'm trying to explain the subject in a scientific way but without using proper or accurate science.

dadudemon
That quote Regret put up is one particular reason I was pissed about the Church's stance on Prop-8 and gay marriage. The internet "press-release" on that from August had several areas of un-truth. It seemed to me like it was a knee-jerk reaction that did not include very much scientific forethought. That coupled with the political neutrality that we are (now it's were because of dumbass prop-8) well known made for my distaste of the Church's actions on prop-8 and gay marriage.

Sure, being gay is a sin. However, we still have no right to enforce our religious beliefs on those in the secular world. That's wrong by God's law. I'm getting this vague memory of someone in the preexistance who tried to force others to be good...hmmm...it's not ringing a bell...wait..it's coming....OH RIGHT! It was mother ****ing Satan!

Grand-Moff-Gav
That quote Regret put up is one particular reason I was pissed about the Church's stance on Prop-8 and gay marriage. The internet "press-release" on that from August had several areas of un-truth. It seemed to me like it was a knee-jerk reaction that did not include very much scientific forethought. That coupled with the political neutrality that we are (now it's were because of dumbass prop-8) well known made for my distaste of the Church's actions on prop-8 and gay marriage.

Sure, being gay is a sin. However, we still have no right to enforce our religious beliefs on those in the secular world. That's wrong by God's law. I'm getting this vague memory of someone in the preexistance who tried to force others to be good...hmmm...it's not ringing a bell...wait..it's coming....OH RIGHT! It was mother ****ing Satan!

Is being gay a sin or is sodomy the sin?

I mean, its sinful to have lustful thoughts for women- does this make heterosexuality sinful?

you get thorns
What does prop8 have to do with the original post???

It is a question of maintaning tax exempt status. sick

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by you get thorns

Since the word "Mormon" is in the title, certain users feel that the only thing worth talking about is Prop 8- even though the discussion is had on several threads....

dadudemon
Is being gay a sin or is sodomy the sin?

I mean, its sinful to have lustful thoughts for women- does this make heterosexuality sinful?

On the most fundamental level, it's the thoughts that count as the sin, regardless of sexual orientation. If you read the New Testament, you would know that. wink

But for the scripture reference on the thoughts...
Matthew 5:28

Try to keep up, sport.

Current discussion was science and religion. I was commenting, since this is about he weird-ass Mormon belief's cartoon, on Mormons' behaviors. (relevance #1) Since Prop-8 seems to go against the standards behaviors and even common conceptions of Mormonisms, my comment was all too relevant. (relevance #2) Compound that relevance with the previously mentioned science in faith as it specifically pertained to Mormonism and you have found the contextual placement of my post. (relevance #1+#2)

This rarely happens on the internets because I am really laid back. Nothing gets to me, really. However, your pure intentional stupidity pissed me off. One of my pet peeves is dumbassery. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity; your post was just plain dumb. Please think a little harder than a monkey before making a critical post. no expression I apologize for being an a**hole in advance...it's just that some things piss me off.

Grand-Moff-Gav
On the most fundamental level, it's the thoughts that count as the sin, regardless of sexual orientation. If you read the New Testament, you would know that. wink

But for the scripture reference on the thoughts...
Matthew 5:28

That's what I said...

you get thorns
Try to keep up, sport.

Current discussion was science and religion. I was commenting, since this is about he weird-ass Mormon belief's cartoon, on Mormons' behaviors. (relevance #1) Since Prop-8 seems to go against the standards behaviors and even common conceptions of Mormonisms, my comment was all too relevant. (relevance #2) Compound that relevance with the previously mentioned science in faith as it specifically pertained to Mormonism and you have found the contextual placement of my post. (relevance #1+#2)

This rarely happens on the internets because I am really laid back. Nothing gets to me, really. However, your pure intentional stupidity pissed me off. One of my pet peeves is dumbassery. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity; your post was just plain dumb. Please think a little harder than a monkey before making a critical post. no expression I apologize for being an a**hole in advance...it's just that some things piss me off.

Okay Skippy, how about researching the history and teachings and policy of the Mormon Church and the legal issues involving a point brought up in the original post. Obviously I just ain't quite sharp enough to run with the big dogs here. I'll stick to the less serious threads where a moron like me fits in.

Regret

I agree, sort of.

I believe that the LDS Church as the LDS Church (individuals should be able to do what they will regardless) needs to either be severely political, supporting everything that we want supported, or we need to be apolitical and solely give advice with no support for anything political.

Symmetric Chaos
Okay Skippy, how about researching the history and teachings and policy of the Mormon Church and the legal issues involving a point brought up in the original post. Obviously I just ain't quite sharp enough to run with the big dogs here. I'll stick to the less serious threads where a moron like me fits in.

Considering he is a Mormon he knows a thing or two about Mormonism. The problem here is that the discussion has moved on since the first post so what you said didn't have much bearing and the way you phrased it came off as offensive. Plus, as you said, you're stupid which doesn't help matters.

you get thorns
Considering he is a Mormon he knows a thing or two about Mormonism. The problem here is that the discussion has moved on since the first post so what you said didn't have much bearing and the way you phrased it came off as offensive. Plus, as you said, you're stupid which doesn't help matters.

Since I am sitting here in my sacred chones none of you can hurt me.

Neener neener neener.

Da Pittman

Neener neener neener. Someone is boarded erm

you get thorns
Someone made a valid point. The referenced comments on black were taught and discrimination was openly practiced in the LDS Church until the Feds decide to take away their tax exempt status for it. Then they had an epiphany and changed it. I didn't do it but check the history of the church, they did.

Don't shoot the messenger. Fault the guilty.

dadudemon
Obviously I just ain't quite sharp enough to run with the big dogs here. I'll stick to the less serious threads where a moron like me fits in.

thumb up doped

I agree, sort of.

I believe that the LDS Church as the LDS Church (individuals should be able to do what they will regardless) needs to either be severely political, supporting everything that we want supported, or we need to be apolitical and solely give advice with no support for anything political.

I apologize if that came our wrong or offensive. It's just the stupid "facts" that keep getting spewed by ignorant bigots in our church that pisses me off. We should have never crossed the line beyond enforcing our beliefs beyond our "doors."

cry

My hero.

cry

Alright, how much do I owe you?

Neener neener neener.

lol

You've got be careful with that immature stuff. The posters here may confuse you for my sock account!

Robtard
lol

You've got be careful with that immature stuff. The posters here may confuse you for my sock account!

Look, someone has mocked-socked you.

Robtard
Perhaps you should do some research into the LDS Church before attacking it in that manner. The LDS Church is a Christian religion, the little cartoon is a gross misrepresentation of our beliefs.

Here are the core differences between LDS, Mormon, beliefs and traditional Christian belief:

Christ, God the Father and The Holy Spirit are 3 separate gods in LDS belief. In traditional Christian belief, the three are separate individuals that together are God.LDS believe that Man is the offspring of deity and as such is possibly capable of maturing to godhood. We believe that this is part of what was meant "joint-heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17).LDS believe God speaks to Man currently through prophets.Your comment may as well attack Christianity as pseudoscience as well, it is just as close to it as the LDS are.

Quench my curiosity, please.

How do you reconcile the second (and/or 1st, depending) Commandment then?The cartoon was correct in that aspect? What about God having a wife?So it's on the word of the prophet(s) alone, that they indeed are a prophet in contact with God? That doesn't sound odd to you, as anyone could very well say "Hey, God is speaking to me, I'm a prophet; I'll lead you"?

you get thorns
lol

Ain't that odd since they get long johns but no socks to protect them from evil. Never been able to see the logic in that one. Looks like I get the low grade Heaven for speaking my mind. Shucks, guess as long as I get to spend eternity in a lower caste than these people but close enough to their presence I will believe it to be Heaven. Thank Heavenly Father for allowing salvation by proxy. I know one of you will get me in.

Oh, I don't apologize at all for others ignorance.

smile

dadudemon
Look, someone has mocked-socked you.

I think it's funny. The longer I'm here, the more people are warming up to my retardedness.

Ain't that odd since they get long johns but no socks to protect them from evil. Never been able to see the logic in that one. Looks like I get the low grade Heaven for speaking my mind. Shucks, guess as long as I get to spend eternity in a lower caste than these people but close enough to their presence I will believe it to be Heaven. Thank Heavenly Father for allowing salvation by proxy. I know one of you will get me in.

Oh, I don't apologize at all for others ignorance.

smile

I'm willing to be that you like turtles. hmm

Grand-Moff-Gav
I agree, sort of.

See what you have to remember is a Church is a moral institution- when so called "political" issues come up which the Church feels are moral it has no choice but to voice its opinion.

you get thorns
Not much into turtles.
Don't care for turtleheads either.

You nice people stopped calling me names and talking mean to me. Guess you like me now. smile

Regret
Quench my curiosity, please.

How do you reconcile the second (and/or 1st, depending) Commandment then?

#1 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
#2 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:

#1, We place nothing before God the Father, Christ even placed himself behind God the Father. We worship the Father through Christ, and the Holy Spirit is not worshipped in any manner.

#2 is referencing worship of anything other than God. We do not do such.

The cartoon was correct in that aspect? What about God having a wife?

It was in a manner of speaking.

LDS believe that deity has a physical body, that the physical form is a part of being God. We believe that the immaterial spirit is not capable of influencing the physical.

Yes, we believe that God is married, that he has a wife. We believe that it is possible, but not necessarily the case, that he could have more than one as such has Biblical precedent. We believe that family is eternal. If this is the case then I cannot put it more eloquently than Eliza Snow wrote in her hymn "Oh, My Father":

In the heavens are parents single?
No; the thought makes reason stare!
Truth is reason, truth eternal
Tells me I've a mother there.

Now, God created us as spirit children, our physical form was the result of our earthly parents. Physical procreation produces physical offspring. Given this, the accusation of eternal intercourse and thus eternal pregnancy must be acknowledged as a bit fallacious.

So it's on the word of the prophet(s) alone, that they indeed are a prophet in contact with God? That doesn't sound odd to you, as anyone could very well say "Hey, God is speaking to me, I'm a prophet; I'll lead you"?

That is all that all scripture is.

That is the crux of religious doubt. All religions appeal to such, there is not a religion that does not appeal to some person's claim. All that exists is our own possibly faulty feeling and interpretation of experience. I choose to be religious because the concept is appealing, thus I hope for things that are unseen (Hebrews 11:1). I do not believe that there is evidence to support my beliefs, I simply hope for them to be true. If they are not, my beliefs result in a behavior that elevates me to a more charitable state than I would hold without them and such is of value to me.

Regret
See what you have to remember is a Church is a moral institution- when so called "political" issues come up which the Church feels are moral it has no choice but to voice its opinion. I understand such, but the method it used in this case was in error. All the same, I recognize that we are human. Peter himself approached his position erroneously enough in the presence of Christ himself. Why should I expect the current leadership to be less faulty than the biblical precedents?

Grand-Moff-Gav
I understand such, but the method it used in this case was in error. All the same, I recognize that we are human. Peter himself approached his position erroneously enough in the presence of Christ himself. Why should I expect the current leadership to be less faulty than the biblical precedents?

I agree, but no matter how faulty Peter was his position was never put at risk- indeed Jesus prayed for his protection from being "sifted like wheat". A little bit faith in your Church's decisions (no matter how erroneous they may appear) may pay off when it comes to the "Do you love me more than these..." part.

Regret
I agree, but no matter how faulty Peter was his position was never put at risk- indeed Jesus prayed for his protection from being "sifted like wheat". A little bit faith in your Church's decisions (no matter how erroneous they may appear) may pay off when it comes to the "Do you love me more than these..." part. I agree. I have faith in them, but when I feel something is in error, it is wise to remember that they could be in error without threatening my belief.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I agree. I have faith in them, but when I feel something is in error, it is wise to remember that they could be in error without threatening my belief.

There's nothing wrong with giving the leadership a reprimand- as Paul did to Peter.

Regret
There's nothing wrong with giving the leadership a reprimand- as Paul did to Peter. I agree. However in this case I do not think the intent was wrong, I do believe that the method apparently was.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I agree. However in this case I do not think the intent was wrong, I do believe that the method apparently was.

Perhaps, the Churches need to learn to protect themselves when perusing their mission perhaps...

dadudemon
I agree. However in this case I do not think the intent was wrong, I do believe that the method apparently was.

And in this eloquent statement is the truth. That is put so very nicely. This is what I was trying to say all these weeks with my frustration.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Grand-Moff-Gav
Whatever happened to the outward face of unity!

dadudemon
Whatever happened to the outward face of unity!

We've dissented amongst ourselves from inception, bro.

Grand-Moff-Gav
We've dissented amongst ourselves from inception, bro.

lol I am aware- just having a larf. stick out tongue

dadudemon
lol I am aware- just having a larf. stick out tongue

Cool. I'm always here if you need a laugh...with me or at me, doesn't matter. big grin

elgasp
eek! eek! eek!

elgasp
What an intersting story!! Espacially the explanation about black people laughing laughing .
What about the asians ( neither white or black !!) they must have been somehow invoved !! wink

Grand-Moff-Gav
Why is the cartoon considered disturbing?

elgasp
Why is the cartoon considered disturbing?

It's disturbing because it's a Cartoon so I guess the point was for kids to watch it!!!

Captain REX
The way the subject is described and displayed is awkward. And yes, it being a cartoon to explain to children that Mormon deities have constant celestial polygamist sex is kinda strange.

Grand-Moff-Gav
We are remembering that it is pure propaganda yes?

elgasp
Originally posted by Captain REX
The way the subject is described and displayed is awkward. And yes, it being a cartoon to explain to children that Mormon deities have constant celestial polygamist sex is kinda strange.

It's not the polygamic sex part that's the most disturbing!!
It's actually the all strory!!

Symmetric Chaos

Grand-Moff-Gav
Didn't read it...

however I'm sure that South Park, Family Guy and other things has shown more disturbing things than whats in that mormon cartoon.

Ordo
Didn't read it...

however I'm sure that South Park, Family Guy and other things has shown more disturbing things than whats in that mormon cartoon.

Except...those shows are called COMEDY.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ordo

No, this cartoon made me laugh out loud. It was quite entertaining, and I'm a Mormon.

Grand-Moff-Gav

However this show is pure anti-mormon propaganda. I think the disturbing part is people are allowed to publish this hate-material and distortions...

Assuming they are not really Mormon beliefs which are kept secret.

Ordo
Well, freedom of speech covers stupid and ignorant people spreading disinformation.

And unfortunately, rightfully so.

Wild Shadow
7xqNbZKIQUs&feature=related

hilarious mormonism

Grand-Moff-Gav
Well, freedom of speech covers stupid and ignorant people spreading disinformation.

And unfortunately, rightfully so.

Can't the LDS sue them for slander?

It is illegal to publish material attributing opinions/views/beliefs to people they don't hold. It is equally illegal to publish such material about corporations...surely it is illegal to do it about Churches too?

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
7xqNbZKIQUs&feature=related

hilarious mormonism laughing

Bicnarok
laughing
In fact laughing laughing eek!

Wild Shadow
so i am really curious about the actual religion of mormonism, 'cause it was not taught in any of my theology classes

i dont think it qualified in th requirement for religion.

i only know what i have seen on tv.. bill maher and south park

Symmetric Chaos

i dont think it qualified in th requirement for religion.

Really? How much do you know about it?

i only know what i have seen on tv.. bill maher and south park

I see.

Grand-Moff-Gav

I see.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Wild Shadow

I see.

i know what i have heard and read but not sure if it is credible..

heard the founder scammed, i mean found some golden tablets with old writing that a native american looking angel showed him..

native americans as well as the aztecs where the lost tribes of the bible..
but became corrupted and lost it all between war of the white skinned ppl and the dark skinned one.

sorry i cant go on without laughing.. you tell me, pls enlighten of the mormonism believe system..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>