Gladiator@FC/Superman vs. Black Adam/Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Who would this go? He's got a 24 hour Spell on his suit from zatanna that makes him resistant to magic. Same level as wonder Woman.

The Great Galen
Team 1, Thor is the weak link in this case and he goes down to Supes. BA would more then likly dispose of Glads leaving it to a Supes and Teth showdown...which I personally believe would go for Supes.

psycho gundam
^ lulz

fascistcrusader
Team 2

Thor takes down Supes without too much trouble and then Gladiator would have to fight Thor and BA solo, and I don't think he could handle both given how his fight with just Thor was quite close.

fangirl101
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Team 2

Thor takes down Supes without too much trouble and then Gladiator would have to fight Thor and BA solo, and I don't think he could handle both given how his fight with just Thor was quite close. ow does Thor take Superman down with much trouble when Superman has greater feats than gladiator?

quanchi112
Team 2 wins. Thor is the most powerful and Black Adam doesnt pull his punches.

The Great Galen
Supes vs Teh would be interesting, that in itself could lend this fight to a 5/5 after Thor and Glads are destroyed fairly easy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Supes vs Teh would be interesting, that in itself could lend this fight to a 5/5 after Thor and Glads are destroyed fairly easy. How does thor get destroyed when he has beaten Glads on panel? That makes it two on one.

ultimatethor
Thor and BA win.

carver9
Originally posted by fangirl101
ow does Thor take Superman down with much trouble when Superman has greater feats than gladiator?

Power wise, glads and thor>>>>> both superman and teth.

Stop saying idiotic crap.

fangirl101
Originally posted by carver9
Power wise, glads and thor>>>>> both superman and teth.

Stop saying idiotic crap.
That's false. very false. BA has bashed the Spectre's face. And Superman has defeated Dominus and helped defeat S'ivaa.

fangirl101
Team 1, Thor is the weak link in this case and he goes down to Supes. BA would more then likly dispose of Glads leaving it to a Supes and Teth showdown...which I personally believe would go for Supes. ow why is it that you have the marvel characters going down first? if Anything Thor is the most versatile character in the thread.

jrodslam
Glads is the weak link imo h2h wise. All powers included and Supes is the weak link of his team.

Team 2.

carver9
That's false. very false. BA has bashed the Spectre's face. And Superman has defeated Dominus and helped defeat S'ivaa.

abc logic is so ridiculous that it aint even funny. In that case thor>>>>>>>>anyone on the battle field since he defeated galactus on his own, ego, the destroyer, stalemated his father, defeated a celestial.

ultimatethor

In another thread werent u the one who said the BA didnt really do anythin to the spectre?

fangirl101
abc logic is so ridiculous that it aint even funny. In that case thor>>>>>>>>anyone on the battle field since he defeated galactus on his own, ego, the destroyer, stalemated his father, defeated a celestial. and how many of those guys you named are multiversal?

carver9
and how many of those guys you named are multiversal?

I'll let you answer that then think about this, who has the most on panel proof of taking down beings in this caliber.

quanchi112
That's false. very false. BA has bashed the Spectre's face. And Superman has defeated Dominus and helped defeat S'ivaa. Double standard.Originally posted by ultimatethor
In another thread werent u the one who said the BA didnt really do anythin to the spectre? Yep.

fangirl101
I'll let you answer that then think about this, who has the most on panel proof of taking down beings in this caliber.
And that means? Bullet to the neck for the easy win.

carver9
And that means? Bullet to the neck for the easy win.

Brick to the head or how about exploding gas station, or how about thor just matter manipulating some konvikt fist throwing them at superman.

fangirl101
Brick to the head or how about exploding gas station, or how about thor just matter manipulating some konvikt fist throwing them at superman.
Depowered Superman feats. Lulz.

carver9
Depowered Superman feats. Lulz.

So konvikt is a depowered feat or how about batman stalemating superman twice, was that a depowered feat.

fangirl101
So konvikt is a depowered feat or how about batman stalemating superman twice, was that a depowered feat.
Thor getting his ass kicked by Vision. Hulk.

carver9
Thor getting his ass kicked by Vision. Hulk.

Lets stop fan girl, this is pointless.

Power wise Thor>>>>.superman
Versatility Thor>>>>>>>superman
Strength: about equal even though thor has on panel proof of moving something the size of a planet.
Speed: I give superman the edge.

D-Block
Thor and BA win

fascistcrusader
Well for starters there's the fact that Superman has no defense against magic, and Mjolnir is kind of a very powerful magic weapon and Thor himself has some magic abilities.

As for your Gladiator comments, Gladiator has shown more raw power on panel. New Earth Spes has never busted a planet and needed help to mo0e the moon, Glads can bust worlds in 3 punches. Also, Kallark isn't weak to magic.

fangirl101
Well for starters there's the fact that Superman has no defense against magic, and Mjolnir is kind of a very powerful magic weapon and Thor himself has some magic abilities.

As for your Gladiator comments, Gladiator has shown more raw power on panel. New Earth Spes has never busted a planet and needed help to mo0e the moon, Glads can bust worlds in 3 punches. Also, Kallark isn't weak to magic.
Superman pushed against the engines of warworld. powerd by the universal destroying engines of impriex. maybe you should use team books for evidence of low feats. in the same book superman turned the solar system sized wheels of megeddon. And if you paid attention to the thread, i gave superman a magical enchantment.

carver9
Superman pushed against the engines of warworld. powerd by the universal destroying engines of impriex. maybe you should use team books for evidence of low feats. in the same book superman turned the solar system sized wheels of megeddon. And if you paid attention to the thread, i gave superman a magical enchantment.

Superman was sundipped and the planet was the size of pluto, earths moon. Glad could do that feat in his sleep without a sundip and how hard was the engines pushing against superman.

Think about it, the imperex probes was powered by imperex himself but one of the probes got killed by supergirl and black lightning. Hell the probes didnt even possess enough energy to wipe out earth. It had to build a weapon to do that and then it used the helicarrierto do so also.

So again, how much force did the entropy use against superman, did it make its mass twice the size of pluto orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

As for the wheels, look at the scan more carefully, you'll see humans in the background also pushing the chains along with superman. laughing

fangirl101
Superman was sundipped and the planet was the size of pluto, earths moon. Glad could do that feat in his sleep without a sundip and how hard was the engines pushing against superman.

Think about it, the imperex probes was powered by imperex himself but one of the probes got killed by supergirl and black lightning. Hell the probes didnt even possess enough energy to wipe out earth. It had to build a weapon to do that and then it used the helicarrierto do so also.

So again, how much force did the entropy use against superman, did it make its mass twice the size of pluto orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

As for the wheels, look at the scan more carefully, you'll see humans in the background also pushing the chains along with superman. laughing I'm going to start a club. GG,Q, and Carver. the Trintity of WTF.

Eel O'Brien
Forget the Imperiex Energy; Warworld has engines that propel it FTL. Brainiac initiated a full countermeasure and was amazed that Supes could push against it.

The mageddon wheels thing is to abstract to use.

The Great Galen

So Supes is weak to magic....debate over smile

jrodslam
I dont get this big thing with Supes being weak to magic. EVERYONE is weak against magic. Some just have better/more resistance to it than others like other magic users or those who prepare for it.

The Great Galen
It's more of a mental weakness...although nothing close to the effects of K-nite/red sun radiation.

Mindset
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont get this big thing with Supes being weak to magic. EVERYONE is weak against magic. Some just have better/more resistance to it than others like other magic users or those who prepare for it. gtfo!

carver9
I dont get this big thing with Supes being weak to magic. EVERYONE is weak against magic. Some just have better/more resistance to it than others like other magic users or those who prepare for it.

I agree with this post.

carver9
I'm going to start a club. GG,Q, and Carver. the Trintity of WTF.

laughing Good one.

What does gg and q stand for.

fangirl101
laughing Good one.

What does gg and q stand for. just call them your Superman and Thanos support.

carver9
just call them your Superman and Thanos support.

I dont get it. confused

Sorry.

fangirl101
I dont get it. confused

Sorry. Great Galan , Carver, and Quanchi. Trinity of WTF.

kgkg
Gladiator and Superman Wins

Galadiator >= Thor
Superman >= BA

but close I say Gladiator and Superman 6/10

quanchi112
Great Galan , Carver, and Quanchi. Trinity of WTF. Why do you report others for bashing and baiting and then bash yourself?

quanchi112
I dont get this big thing with Supes being weak to magic. EVERYONE is weak against magic. Some just have better/more resistance to it than others like other magic users or those who prepare for it. Supes has a weakness to magic. Just like he has a weakness against k-nite.Originally posted by carver9
I agree with this post. How?

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why do you report others for bashing and baiting and then bash yourself? It wasn't a bash dear. It was a joke becuz you all are so studdorb about your favorite companies can characters that you repeatedly put down characters, over look on panel evidence, and it's like wtf.

quanchi112
It wasn't a bash dear. It was a joke becuz you all are so studdorb about your favorite companies can characters that you repeatedly put down characters, over look on panel evidence, and it's like wtf. So,if I put three posters in my wtf club you wouldnt see that as a bash...yet you reported unimoni for saying beta ray bill would hammer ww.....wtf......why, because you cant take WW losing and flip out when anyone says she loses.

carver9
Supes has a weakness to magic. Just like he has a weakness against k-nite. How?

everyone is weak to magic. Magic is basically a irresistable force. This isnt a rule that applies only to superman even though it impact him a little harder then other top tiers.

fangirl101
So,if I put three posters in my wtf club you wouldnt see that as a bash...yet you reported unimoni for saying beta ray bill would hammer ww.....wtf......why, because you cant take WW losing and flip out when anyone says she loses.
I didn't report Uni. That was just to shut him up. Get real. LMAO.

The Great Galen
FG m hurt, ive at least provided scans of why Supes has h2h superspeed and why he can bullrush most of his fights away....quan just likes to troll heh.

fangirl101
FG m hurt, ive at least provided scans of why Supes has h2h superspeed and why he can bullrush most of his fights away....quan just likes to troll heh. yes. But you do put down marvel characters far too low IMO. Thor is more powerful than superman. He can't beat him per say becuz of speed but, he is more powerful. Gladiator is very powerful and fast as well. IAnd you gave the DC characters in the thread the win against thier marvel counterparts and then had the dc characters duke it out. that isn't how it would go down. either Superman and Glads would over whelm thor and BA with speed. Or BA and Thor would over whelm the other two with lightning blast and striking power.

quanchi112
everyone is weak to magic. Magic is basically a irresistable force. This isnt a rule that applies only to superman even though it impact him a little harder then other top tiers. No,he clearly has a weakness to magic. You clearly are in the dark on this one.

quanchi112
I didn't report Uni. That was just to shut him up. Get real. LMAO. So,you lie about reporting? Wow.

fangirl101
So,you lie about reporting? Wow.
I only report if its serious and it's just something dumb. Like calling me nvr. I'll report that. Or if someone just comes out of the bag on some dummy then i'll say something. I already know Uni can be an @$$. So why bother reporting?

quanchi112
I only report if its serious and it's just something dumb. Like calling me nvr. I'll report that. Or if someone just comes out of the bag on some dummy then i'll say something. I already know Uni can be an @$$. So why bother reporting? Quit threatning to report everyone. Its getting old and is very childish.

carver9
No,he clearly has a weakness to magic. You clearly are in the dark on this one.

Oh; thanks for the info but I just seen it different. Juggernaut is about as durable as you can get but magic burned all the flesh off of his bones. Destroyer is also nigh invulnerable but has been injured by magic.

The Great Galen
Thor doesnt output anything IMO that supes hasnt took...phsycially and durability/wise hes beat. Some fancy gimmicks with the hammer are a good light show, but this a fight afterall.

fangirl101
Quit threatning to report everyone. Its getting old and is very childish. No you know what is childish. Putting down every new god. giving thanos the win even when he can't win. saying stuff like he crushes her IMO. with no proof. Ignoring on panel proof.NOW that is childish.

D-Block
yes. But you do put down marvel characters far too low IMO. Thor is more powerful than superman. He can't beat him per say becuz of speed but, he is more powerful. Gladiator is very powerful and fast as well. IAnd you gave the DC characters in the thread the win against thier marvel counterparts and then had the dc characters duke it out. that isn't how it would go down. either Superman and Glads would over whelm thor and BA with speed. Or BA and Thor would over whelm the other two with lightning blast and striking power.

I don't think speed will be a problem everyone here is fast and have fought speedsters before and kept up fine.

carver9
Thor doesnt output anything IMO that supes hasnt took...phsycially and durability/wise hes beat. Some fancy gimmicks with the hammer are a good light show, but this a fight afterall.

but doctor light one shotted superman with a blast, gog one shotted superman with a blast along with kilowag.

carver9
Originally posted by D-Block
I don't think speed will be a problem everyone here is fast and have fought speedsters before and kept up fine.

Happy Dance

kgkg
I don't think speed will be a problem everyone here is fast and have fought speedsters before and kept up fine. Everyone is Fast true but the other three are much faster than Thor , he does does make up for it with POWER

D-Block

GG come on Supes isn't walking through Thor's attacks. IMO Physically and Durability they might be equal but Supes is not Thor's superior.

jrodslam
Supes has a weakness to magic. Just like he has a weakness against k-nite.

Like i said in my post. Everyone is weak towards magic unless they are a) immune to it or b) prep to be immune/resistant to it.

Most magic, wouldnt hurt Supes any more than it would someone else. A spell is a spell. A magical blast, is a magical blast.

zeel
Originally posted by kgkg
Gladiator and Superman Wins

Galadiator >= Thor
Superman >= BA

but close I say Gladiator and Superman 6/10

superman > BA how you come up with that?

hes never beat BA or even dominated him. Lat time they met ba hardly broke a sweat and supes had a torn up outfit .

No my freind

BA > supes

zeel

/thumbs up

fangirl101
Thor has kept up with Speedsters fine? When?

zeel
GG come on Supes isn't walking through Thor's attacks. IMO Physically and Durability they might be equal but Supes is not Thor's superior.

Thor and supes are peers neither are really superior to each other. Bothe are capeable of defeating each other.

Raoul
Who would this go? He's got a 24 hour Spell on his suit from zatanna that makes him resistant to magic. Same level as wonder Woman.

superman without his magic weakness? lulz.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Raoul
superman without his magic weakness? lulz.
lolz easy win for Galdiator/Superman

Eel O'Brien
but doctor light one shotted superman with a blast, gog one shotted superman with a blast along with kilowag.

Don't forget that when Dr. Light blasted him, Vixen had an undetermined amount of his power. As soon as she kissed him to give it back, he was right back on his feet.

I'm not sure which Gog encounter you mean...

Kilowog blasted Supes while he was talking with Hal. It's a lot easier to knock somone down when they aren't expecting an attack.

kgkg
Originally posted by zeel
superman > BA how you come up with that?

hes never beat BA or even dominated him. Lat time they met ba hardly broke a sweat and supes had a torn up outfit .

No my freind

BA > supes
did you is the > and = ? meaning they are pretty much equal. his outfit being torn? you mean his cape? When Superman was about to get serious BA didn't want to fight

I go by overall showing Superman in my book is > BA

D-Block
Originally posted by zeel
Thor and supes are peers neither are really superior to each other. Bothe are capeable of defeating each other.

Exactly. I was responding to the poster saying that Thor's powers would be a nice light show to Supes.

D-Block
did you is the > and = ? meaning they are pretty much equal. his outfit being torn? you mean his cape? When Superman was about to get serious BA didn't want to fight

I go by overall showing Superman in my book is > BA

BA didn't want to fight in the first place. Supes even said that he was pissed so I would assume that he was kinda serious since he did the whole not having to pull his punches cardboard world speech. If anyone wasn't serious it was BA since he wasn't interested in fighting.

Eel O'Brien
Yeah, nothing but hard fought battles here. These four are not to be taken lightly.

D-Block
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Yeah, nothing but hard fought battles here. These four are not to be taken lightly.

agreed.

quanchi112
Like i said in my post. Everyone is weak towards magic unless they are a) immune to it or b) prep to be immune/resistant to it.

Most magic, wouldnt hurt Supes any more than it would someone else. A spell is a spell. A magical blast, is a magical blast. You can disagree all you want but the writers have been clear about this. He has a magical weakness and some writers tend to hold true to this more than others.

quanchi112
Oh; thanks for the info but I just seen it different. Juggernaut is about as durable as you can get but magic burned all the flesh off of his bones. Destroyer is also nigh invulnerable but has been injured by magic. Magic can hurt anyone,but Superman has a weakness against it in general.Originally posted by fangirl101
No you know what is childish. Putting down every new god. giving thanos the win even when he can't win. saying stuff like he crushes her IMO. with no proof. Ignoring on panel proof.NOW that is childish. Team 2 for the win.

Eel O'Brien
Superman's magic weakness was redefined during Busiek's run. The fact that magic is involved no longer means automatic failure for Supes. Normal people and things that have been enchanted don't hurt him, but his invulnerability cannot account for attack spells and magical blasts.

Relevance to this fight: BA regular punches won't bypass Supes' durability. They can hurt him, but just because BA is that strong. Also, Thor's hammer is not magic, Thor's hammer is Uru. Just because it has been enchanted doesn't mean it will magically hurt Superman.

carver9
Superman's magic weakness was redefined during Busiek's run. The fact that magic is involved no longer means automatic failure for Supes. Normal people and things that have been enchanted don't hurt him, but his invulnerability cannot account for attack spells and magical blasts.

Relevance to this fight: BA regular punches won't bypass Supes' durability. They can hurt him, but just because BA is that strong. Also, Thor's hammer is not magic, Thor's hammer is Uru. Just because it has been enchanted doesn't mean it will magically hurt Superman.

You was doing good with this post until you said that thor hammer which is filled with magic wont hurt superman.

Allankles

Most magic, wouldnt hurt Supes any more than it would someone else. A spell is a spell. A magical blast, is a magical blast.

I don't know why people come off thinking that post C Supes has a specific weakness to magic. Hell magical characters like Wonder Woman get hurt by demonic hell fire and the like. He is no more weak against magic than Hulk or even Thor are. Thor has Mjlonir to protect him, WW has the bracelets. People like Black Adam don't have an immunity either.

Allankles
You was doing good with this post until you said that thor hammer which is filled with magic wont hurt superman.

Yeah it will hurt Superman but not because of any specific weakness to magic. If it is enchanted to be unbreakable or heavier than it looks or swing fast, it'll hurt Superman because the physical factors that the enchantment creates, not because it is simply made using magic.

I wish people actually understood this. That's why Superman was able to catch Mjlonir in the crossover the magic enchantments themselves aren't going to physically affect Superman in a unique way.

Not even if Thor charged the hammer with lightning. The lightning will hurt Superman in a physical way but it is not beyond resisting.

The thing that can screw Post C Supes directly with no hope of resistance is chaos/pure magic the kind that actually warps reality or is not affected in a pure physical way, that kind of magic can screw anyone not just Supes.

quanchi112

Relevance to this fight: BA regular punches won't bypass Supes' durability. They can hurt him, but just because BA is that strong. Also, Thor's hammer is not magic, Thor's hammer is Uru. Just because it has been enchanted doesn't mean it will magically hurt Superman. His hammer would hurt him regardless. Team 2 for the win.

Raoul
his hammer would hurt because it's a big f*cking hammer swung by thor, but for the purposes of this fight, any magical advantage it might have given thor is nulled, so...

and supes has taken harder hits than a hammer to the face...

quanchi112
his hammer would hurt because it's a big f*cking hammer swung by thor, but for the purposes of this fight, any magical advantage it might have given thor is nulled, so...

and supes has taken harder hits than a hammer to the face... Thor is too powerful for Superman. He doesnt need the magical weakness. If Thor goes all out Supes is screwed imo.

fangirl101
Thor is too powerful for Superman. He doesnt need the magical weakness. If Thor goes all out Supes is screwed imo.
So if Superman starts fighting so fast that Thor is like a statue, then is Thor skrewed? If Superman starts using T-Vo to alter thor's reality is Thor skrewed?

quanchi112
So if Superman starts fighting so fast that Thor is like a statue, then is Thor skrewed? If Superman starts using T-Vo to alter thor's reality is Thor skrewed? You bring up t-vo? Godblast and the durok feat if you want to go that route. If they fight normally Thor would defeat him if he didnt hold back and went off on him. he took down the Surfer and Warlock at the same time. Supes cant hang imo.

Raoul
Thor is too powerful for Superman. He doesnt need the magical weakness. If Thor goes all out Supes is screwed imo.

yeah, i know what your opinion is, thanks... bermm

The Great Galen
You bring up t-vo? Godblast and the durok feat if you want to go that route. If they fight normally Thor would defeat him if he didnt hold back and went off on him. he took down the Surfer and Warlock at the same time. Supes cant hang imo.

To bat thor moves at 2 miles per hour, Supes speedblitz FTW.

quanchi112
yeah, i know what your opinion is, thanks... bermm Lets do a battlezone in the future. Are you up for it?

fangirl101
You bring up t-vo? Godblast and the durok feat if you want to go that route. If they fight normally Thor would defeat him if he didnt hold back and went off on him. he took down the Surfer and Warlock at the same time. Supes cant hang imo.
Since when did surfer has any battle skills? Since when did warlock fight at super speeds or was anywhere near as powerful as Superman? Warlock's best power the SG, doesn't even work on thor. Since when is a Godblast going to hit anyone who isn't standing still. I dare you pull up one scan of thor using the god blast in less than 1 second. I double dare you. If you don't, I'm reporting you for trolling. And since when was superman going to stand around and let thor hug him? You know superman can vibrate so fast that thor would slip right thru him right? yeah. start thinking before you just type anything.

Raoul
Lets do a battlezone in the future. Are you up for it?

who d'you wanna be?

quanchi112
Since when did surfer has any battle skills? Since when did warlock fight at super speeds or was anywhere near as powerful as Superman? Warlock's best power the SG, doesn't even work on thor. Since when is a Godblast going to hit anyone who isn't standing still. I dare you pull up one scan of thor using the god blast in less than 1 second. I double dare you. If you don't, I'm reporting you for trolling. And since when was superman going to stand around and let thor hug him? You know superman can vibrate so fast that thor would slip right thru him right? yeah. start thinking before you just type anything. Surfer has the power cosmic which is far above most skills. His versatility would rape someone like WW who relies on her skills.

Thor also put down someone with Superman's very powers. You dont really have an angle to attack me on. The godblast followed Galactus. You dont have to be standing still. You seem to be ignorant when it comes to Thor.

So,in one post you demand something of me and i fI dont do it youll report me? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Who has Supes defeated on Thor's level before they had time to counter?

quanchi112
who d'you wanna be? I think you know. Ill represent Thor versus your precious Superman.

Raoul
I think you know. Ill represent Thor versus your precious Superman.

i might give that a go actually... let me think about it, ill get back to you...

quanchi112
i might give that a go actually... let me think about it, ill get back to you... Good. How long do you need to think it over? If you agree we dont have to do it anytime soon. December perhaps.

fangirl101
Surfer has the power cosmic which is far above most skills. His versatility would rape someone like WW who relies on her skills.

Thor also put down someone with Superman's very powers. You dont really have an angle to attack me on. The godblast followed Galactus. You dont have to be standing still. You seem to be ignorant when it comes to Thor.

So,in one post you demand something of me and i fI dont do it youll report me? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Who has Supes defeated on Thor's level before they had time to counter?
How long did it take Thor to Summon the god blast? Please. Post it. I dare you.

Also, Thor has never fought someone with Superman's powers. They can vibrate thru punches? Super heat thier hands into magnetic charged fire? use thier xray vision as a weapon? They have t-vo? who is this being that Thor fought that has superman's powers? I wann know.

quanchi112
How long did it take Thor to Summon the god blast? Please. Post it. I dare you.

Also, Thor has never fought someone with Superman's powers. They can vibrate thru punches? Super heat thier hands into magnetic charged fire? use thier xray vision as a weapon? They have t-vo? who is this being that Thor fought that has superman's powers? I wann know. Glads has his powers. Not all of them but is basically the same thing. Thor doesnt even need the godblast here. If you want to pull the t-vo card or the speed angle Ill pull the godblast though. I have all my bases covered.

fangirl101
Glads has his powers. Not all of them but is basically the same thing. Thor doesnt even need the godblast here. If you want to pull the t-vo card or the speed angle Ill pull the godblast though. I have all my bases covered.
Glads doesn't have any where near superman's powers. Not even close. So I guess everyone who can fly and has eye beams has superman's powers? no.

Now, Please. Post Thor using the god blast on any superfast beings. Just one. Pretty please. Show me how thor can just whip his big fat long god blast out instantly without any prep or channeling. Pretty please. hah. you can't. You should play right field. your bases aren't covered.

quanchi112
Glads doesn't have any where near superman's powers. Not even close. So I guess everyone who can fly and has eye beams has superman's powers? no.

Now, Please. Post Thor using the god blast on any superfast beings. Just one. Pretty please. Show me how thor can just whip his big fat long god blast out instantly without any prep or channeling. Pretty please. hah. you can't. You should play right field. your bases aren't covered. Are you really pretending that he isnt a carbon copy of Supes? You are welcome to your opinion,but it really has no basis and completely ignores common sense especially here. He has superspeed,heatvision,frost breath,and has a weakness. Who do you think they modeled him after?

Godglast will find him and there is nothing you can really say about it. Once its released it destroys him.

fangirl101
Are you really pretending that he isnt a carbon copy of Supes? You are welcome to your opinion,but it really has no basis and completely ignores common sense especially here. He has superspeed,heatvision,frost breath,and has a weakness. Who do you think they modeled him after?

Godglast will find him and there is nothing you can really say about it. Once its released it destroys him.
So you have nothing. you have no feats of thor using the GB on any fast beings. you have nothing showing thor being able to call the GB before he's blitzed to all hell. Yeah. Like I thought. You know why/ Becuz I already seen Thor use the GB. He can't just whip it out.

Raoul
Good. How long do you need to think it over? If you agree we dont have to do it anytime soon. December perhaps.

december sounds good... if i can make the time, i'll be sure to let you know...

quanchi112
So you have nothing. you have no feats of thor using the GB on any fast beings. you have nothing showing thor being able to call the GB before he's blitzed to all hell. Yeah. Like I thought. You know why/ Becuz I already seen Thor use the GB. He can't just whip it out. So,you really havent shown me how Supes beats him when the godblast will kill him. The funny thing is that he doesnt need it here imo.Originally posted by Raoul
december sounds good... if i can make the time, i'll be sure to let you know... Pm me soon as you figure it out.

kgkg
december sounds good... if i can make the time, i'll be sure to let you know... Hint use the Speed argument. pirate

Allankles

Thor is hardly too powerful for Superman a few more esoteric powers but physically and mentally Supes is his superior.

Allankles

Godblast is a massive concussive force concentrated on one spot maybe if it was omnidirectional it would give Thor some wins.

The Durok feat is impressive if only because it shows that Thor can generate significant magic without the Hammer but he accomplished it while he was locked in a grapple.

I don't think Supes is the kind of opponent to waste time grappling he is more likely to strike at Thor in close quarters and without PIS he is putting plenty speed behind his CQC, enough that Thor can't keep up IMO.

quanchi112
Hint use the Speed argument. pirate Im sure he will.Originally posted by Allankles
Thor is hardly too powerful for Superman a few more esoteric powers but physically and mentally Supes is his superior. Physically by a little bit,but powerwise he blows him out of the water.Originally posted by Allankles
Godblast is a massive concussive force concentrated on one spot maybe if it was omnidirectional it would give Thor some wins.

The Durok feat is impressive if only because it shows that Thor can generate significant magic without the Hammer but he accomplished it while he was locked in a grapple.

I don't think Supes is the kind of opponent to waste time grappling he is more likely to strike at Thor in close quarters and without PIS he is putting plenty speed behind his CQC, enough that Thor can't keep up IMO. So,you are saying that Supes has to use his speed otherwise he loses? LOL. Thor defeats him whether he uses speed or not. He grabbed Durok and pulled it off instantly. Same thing could happen to Supes.

Allankles
Thor defeats him whether he uses speed or not. He grabbed Durok and pulled it off instantly. Same thing could happen to Supes.

Ok. I feel Supes beats Thor more often than not. His speed is too significant an advantage for Thor to handle if it gets to CQC.

In real life combat you don't even have to have the kind of gulf in speed Supes has against Thor to confound your opponent.

Watch a good technical speedy boxer fight a slower less technical or equally technical boxer and the speedier guy has the advantage more often than not. Supes and Thor have an even more significant gap in speed.

And even if it gets to grappling Thor isn't the only one who is dangerous there Supes can direct HV through skin and even retina to damage interior organs. Supes besides having a significant speed advantage in close quarters and an edge in strength, is also a better strategist.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Allankles
Ok. I feel Supes beats Thor more often than not. His speed is too significant an advantage for Thor to handle if it gets to CQC.

In real life combat you don't even have to have the kind of gulf in speed Supes has against Thor to confound your opponent.

Watch a good technical speedy boxer fight a slower less technical or equally technical boxer and the speedier guy has the advantage more often than not. Supes and Thor have an even more significant gap in speed.

And even if it gets to grappling Thor isn't the only one who is dangerous there Supes can direct HV through skin and even retina to damage interior organs. Supes besides having a significant speed advantage in close quarters and an edge in strength, is also a better strategist.
Or he simply vibrates and thor can't hold on to what he can't touch.

Lord Feron
Glads stalemates Thor long enough for supes to kill or KO BB and the double stuff on Thor.

The Great Galen
Im sure he will. Physically by a little bit,but powerwise he blows him out of the water. So,you are saying that Supes has to use his speed otherwise he loses? LOL. Thor defeats him whether he uses speed or not. He grabbed Durok and pulled it off instantly. Same thing could happen to Supes.

Even for you Quan, this argument is weak. Supes has legitimate combat superspeed movement/striking and reflex. Even assuming they are peers in every other aspect with the exception of power versatility, the speed advantage alone is enough to secure Supes a comfortable ability.

Eel O'Brien
I haven't seen a character like Supes take the Godblast, same for Thor and T-Vo, that means all that is speculation.

Thor is most definitely not going to walk over Supes without it though.

Also, to answer someone's post to my previous statement. Thor's hammer is not "full of magic". It is a normal weapon that has been enchanted. If there was a specific spell that made it hurt more when swung, it may be fatal to Supes. (and most people who got it front of it)

As Supes said, "magically enchanted rocks are just rocks, but a cut anything spell would even cut me".

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles

And even if it gets to grappling Thor isn't the only one who is dangerous there Supes can direct HV through skin and even retina to damage interior organs. Supes besides having a significant speed advantage in close quarters and an edge in strength, is also a better strategist. This isnt boxing.

Supes is dead once they grapple. I have posted the scan many times. Thor's hammer is much more powerful than Supes' fists.

Chances are when these guys throw down they are going to brawl it out. They did in jla. Either way I see Thor with the advantages. If you want to argue on powerset Thor can oneshot him. If you to want argue in character Thor should win based on his confusion in jla. He comes back for a rematch it seems with even more focus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Glads stalemates Thor long enough for supes to kill or KO BB and the double stuff on Thor. Supes isnt killin BA. Its the other way around. Its completely out of character for Supes to try and kill anyone. Its not out of character for BA to kill someone though. Supes wouldnt even hit him when he turned his back.

Even for you Quan, this argument is weak. Supes has legitimate combat superspeed movement/striking and reflex. Even assuming they are peers in every other aspect with the exception of power versatility, the speed advantage alone is enough to secure Supes a comfortable ability. Not when Thor can oneshot him if we argue based solely on powers.

Lord Feron
Thats why I said knock out to. I find thats it's well within character for Supes to fight against BA until he is knocked out. I take back the kill part, yeah supes won't kill but he will beat BA down until he submits or KOs.

I understand BA will go in for the kill and it will be only a matter time supes decides to end this before he allows BA to kill him. I Still they they are incredible even but Supes just seems to have more strength not a significantly more but more.

The Great Galen
Supes isnt killin BA. Its the other way around. Its completely out of character for Supes to try and kill anyone. Its not out of character for BA to kill someone though. Supes wouldnt even hit him when he turned his back.

Not when Thor can oneshot him if we argue based solely on powers.

Quan...WTF are you talking about when you say"arguing only powers". Supes has actually used speed in combat situations, his h2h speed isnt some rare exotic plot device like T-VO or the Odinforce. You've made no solid defense as to how Thor can compete with Supes speed and untill you do this could be considered trolling at this point.

Bentley
So you decide when people start trolling?

The Great Galen
Well when a persistent aspect to a characters ability has been proven...and its still debated inspite of the overwhealming evidence then....

Allankles
This isnt boxing.

Supes is dead once they grapple. I have posted the scan many times. Thor's hammer is much more powerful than Supes' fists.

Chances are when these guys throw down they are going to brawl it out. They did in jla. Either way I see Thor with the advantages. If you want to argue on powerset Thor can oneshot him. If you to want argue in character Thor should win based on his confusion in jla. He comes back for a rematch it seems with even more focus.

Fine.

All am saying is that when you break things down you don't need to be a lot faster than your opponent to have an edge in CQC, that's just the basic bare bones physics of the situation.

But in this case Supes enjoys quite the advantage in speed so I see him whooping Thor's ass more often than not ala Ali vs Liston.

EDIT: Not to mention Supes is also more tactically adept and has his own dangerous abilities in cqc. In a grapple he could easily spin Thor super fast and leave him dazed as he proceeds to lay on the pain. I'm not even going to mention vibrating through physical and energetic attacks or T-Vo.

I just see Supes KO'ing Thor more times than not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.