..::Starkiller Runs The Gauntlet::..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cpt. Valerian
Alright, this thread is made in an attempt to reduce so many Starkiller threads being created recently.

He's 100% recovered after each round. Every battle is all-out.

1. AOTC Skywalker
2. AOTC Kenobi
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Darth Malak
5. Asajj Ventress
6. Darth Maul
7. ROTS Kenobi
8. Revan
9. Count Dooku
10. Exar Kun
11. ROTS Skywalker
12. ROTS Windu
13. RoT Bane
14. Darth Sidious

Lucien A
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Alright, this thread is made in an attempt to reduce so many Starkiller threads being created recently.

1. AOTC Skywalker
2. AOTC Kenobi
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Darth Malak
5. Asajj Ventress
6. Darth Maul
7. ROTS Kenobi
8. Revan
9. Count Dooku
10. Exar Kun
11. ROTS Skywalker
12. ROTS Windu
13. RoT Bane
14. Darth Sidious 1. Win.
2. Win.
3. Win.
4. Win.
5. Win.
6. Win... maybe. Maul's got him beat by a mile in sabers, so if he get's in close...
7. Win. Not in sabers, but with overwhelming Force barrage.
8. Does anyone seriously know?
9. Loses. In sabers, def. In Force, I'm not really sure, but I can see the Count pulling off a victory if he shrouds Marek in blows.
10. Loses sabers, may win the Force. May.
11. Win. Not by much though.
12. Loses.
13. Is this Orbalisk Bane? If so, then loses.
14. Loses. Hilariously.

Cpt. Valerian
It's by the end of RoT, so no Orbalisks.

Lucien A
Ah, then I doubt Bane'd make it. He could, but not likely.

truejedi
i concur with Lucien.

Master Crimzon

1. AOTC Skywalker
2. AOTC Kenobi
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Darth Malak
5. Asajj Ventress
6. Darth Maul
7. ROTS Kenobi
8. Revan
9. Count Dooku
10. Exar Kun
11. ROTS Skywalker
12. ROTS Windu
13. RoT Bane
14. Darth Sidious

1. Win
2. Win
3. Win
4. Win
5. Win
6. Win. Maul isn't nearly as good as Starkiller in the force, and so he gets raped before he can assault Starkiller with his lightsaber.
7. Win
8. Win
9. Probably a win, but it would be very, very difficult. The instant Dooku gets close to Starkiller, Marek's ****ed- Dooku has a close-ranged force ability to match his own, and is a far superior lightsaber duelist.
10. Should be a win. Exar's amulets may spell gloom and doom for Marek, though.
11. Win
12. Loss. A pathetic loss in sabers, and considering Marek's arsenal of force weapons is primarly dark-side oriented, Windu's Vaapad should assist him. He's MUCH faster, too.
13. No orbalisks? Galen FTW.
14. Horrible loss.

Basically what TG said.

Cpt. Valerian
No. 11 a win? Hmm... I'd have to meditate on that.

Gideon
1. He wins, casually. Superior command of the Force.
2. He wins, casually. Superior command of the Force.
3. He wins, casually. Superior command of the Force.
4. He wins, albeit with moderately more difficulty than the earlier three, since Darth Malak's mastery of the Force surpasses the likes of Kenobi and Jinn. Still, nothing particularly strenuous.
5. He wins, casually. Superior command of the Force.
6. This requires some thought. Maul was highly regarded even on a historical spectrum in terms of training, stamina, and skill as a Sith apprentice. Given his stamina, I'd say that he wouldn't be hurled aside with ease -- but his powers still pale in comparison to Marek's.
7. He wins, casually. Superior command of the Force.
8. He would win this with some considerable difficulty. There can be no question that Darth Revan is a prodigious master of the Force, though, to my knowledge, he hasn't demonstrated Force powers that are as ferocious and 'unleashed' (pun intended) as Starkiller's. It would be close, I'd imagine.
9. As with the above, Count Dooku is a prodigious master of the Force, though his research hasn't been as scholarly as Darth Revan. He is also, however, a highly seasoned duelist and demonstrates more efficiency and proficiency with telekinesis and multi-tasking than most Force users. He'd give Starkiller hell, I'd imagine, but his powers are simply not as destructive or as unleashed.
10. No idea here. On paper, I doubt Kun's natural Force aptitude compares. But he does have amulets, yes? I'll leave this to Lightsnake or Nai.
11. He wins, but I'm hesitant to say casually. Marek does, however, possesses the superior command of the Force.
12. He would probably win. As with some other combatants here, he'd be doomed in a lightsaber arena, but Vaapad won't protect Mace from everything and his command of the Force simply does not register next to Marek's.
13. I'll leave this to Lightsnake. I haven't read RoT, though Bane is a beast.
14. The official databank says that Marek was "ultimately no match for the powers of Darth Sidious" and when he united himself with the Force and unleashed an explosion that "shattered the Emperor's tower," disintegrated stormtroopers, and caused massive visual damage to the hull of the Death Star -- Palpatine survived without injury. The Emperor quite handily Force-spanks Marek.

Cpt. Valerian
Hmm... I would say he does defeat ROTS Skywalker, but with more difficulty than most of you give him credit for.

Regarding Bane... 'Galen FTW'? C'mon, even without the Orbalisks I'd consider Bane a very difficult task for Marek. He could win, but definitely a close one.

Red Nemesis
We don't actually know Bane's capabilities w/o orbalisks- he was still out of it at the end of the book. It is likely that he decreased in power considerably with the loss of the armor.

Cpt. Valerian
Well, what the Orbalisks do is send an incredible amount of adrenaline into his bloodstream, increasing his physical strength and dark side energies. I'm not sure how potent this 'boost' he recieves is, so I can't be sure just how much would his strength and power reduce without them.

Red Nemesis
Precisely. We can't quantify Post-Orbalisk Bane, so he is an unknown. RoT Bane has to be with the armor, because we don't know what he was like without it.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Precisely. We can't quantify Post-Orbalisk Bane, so he is an unknown.
Till the third Bane book comes out (late in 09) and the hero of kotor fanboys, Drew Karpyshyn makes Bane (and Zannah) look even more uber then before.

Oh, and I agree with your opinion on ROT Bane.

Cpt. Valerian
Well, we know that even by PoD he was considerably powrful. We should assume he is significantly more powerful some years after.

Darth_Glentract
Well for what it's worth, I still don't consider Marek to be nearly as powerful as everyone is making him out to be.

So he redirected a falling Star Destroyer. It's not nearly the most impressive feat we've ever seen. Tipping a falling object takes FAR less effort than lifting it, for instance. Nihilus freakin lifted the Ravager (which isn't quite as big, I know, but the fact that he pulled up rather than redirect takes FAR more energy). I'd say that beats Marek's feat pretty handily. Revan was called the most powerful of his age and the descriptions given to him pretty heavily outweigh the praise Nihilus gets, so he's probably stronger than Marek too. Exar Kun's spirit was able to strait up take down post-DE Luke. The actual man should have been at least as powerful, and I would definately give a fight between DE Luke (or Jedi Academy, really) and Marek to Luke. But, whatever, that's just my thoughts on it.

truejedi
the most impressive thing, in my opinion that marek did was pull down a space elevator with the force. Not the star destroyer thing.

The other thing that IMO, gives him a high level is his powering of the cruiser ship on the garbage world, using only the force, as well as his force blast that killed hundreds of droids. I would put all three of those above moving the star destroyer.

Darth_Glentract
Refresh my memory on the elevator incident, please. And the droid killing Force Blast. I'm just drawing up blanks at the moment.

Powering the cruiser is cool and all, but I don't think it'd take that much power. I'm pretty sure that raw energy-wise it's not all that huge cause it was for like a only a moment.

truejedi
both are from the novel
Don't know if they were repeated or not in teh comics. The droid blast for sure wasn't, since that entire planet is skipped in the comic book.

However, tearing down the elevator took place on Kasshyk after he found Leia? ring a bell?

Darth_Glentract
Oh yeah. That really took him a long time. And he mainly just made stuff damage the supports. It's cool and all, but pretty replicate able by a lot of people I think.

Can you give me some description of what took place during the droid blast?

truejedi
sure, i'll just give you the actual sentence:

Another impressive thing he did was destroy an AT-AT with force lightning. that was something not often seen.

Master Crimzon
Regarding Bane... 'Galen FTW'? C'mon, even without the Orbalisks I'd consider Bane a very difficult task for Marek. He could win, but definitely a close one.

1. Beating Anakin won't be particularly difficult- Anakin will ruin his shit in close-quarters combat, but Anakin's force aptitude is very, very lacking in comparison to Starkiller.

2. In RoT, much of Bane's style composed of the utilization of the orbalisks to their full extent; I doubt he'll suddenly be able to fight normally again after losing them. Without 'em, he also lacks much of his potency, so I'm pretty certain Starkiller will beat him down.

Lucien A
Originally posted by truejedi
Another impressive thing he did was destroy an AT-AT with force lightning. that was something not often seen. Just to say it: being the Imperial era would mean there's like... 5 people who practice Force Lightning. So, we wouldn't see many AT-AT pwnings by Lightning.

truejedi
Originally posted by Lucien A
Just to say it: being the Imperial era would mean there's like... 5 people who practice Force Lightning. So, we wouldn't see many AT-AT pwnings by Lightning.

you make a fair point with that one. Seemed impressive just the same.

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
the most impressive thing, in my opinion that marek did was pull down a space elevator with the force. Not the star destroyer thing.

The other thing that IMO, gives him a high level is his powering of the cruiser ship on the garbage world, using only the force, as well as his force blast that killed hundreds of droids. I would put all three of those above moving the star destroyer.

Holy Goat Penis. I forgot about most of those. Yeah, Marek's a friggin' beast.

Edit: Truejedi, it was impressive. And so was imploding Maris's rancor's brain.

Faunus
I've never heard of any of them.

And Gideon, your state sucks for voting McCain.

Gideon
You've never heard of any of what?

And, hello, Faunus, welcome to the southern states of America. Anything below the Mason-Dixon line is going to be not just pro-McCain, but pro-Anyone-Who-Isn't-Obama.

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
You've never heard of any of what?The Starkiller feats.

Space elevator? Powering a ship?

New Mexico.

Darth Sexy
Texas vote for McCain also. What this election proved is that liberals were so anxious to get rid of the Bush Administration, they would take anybody with a pulse. But I suppose taking Hussein is the epitome of irony.

Faunus
Ugh...

Darth Sexy
It's ok I'm not making this into a political debate. Most pseudo intellectuals are liberal so I don't want to bring this to a star wars forum.

Faunus
Uh-huh. You're very subtle.

Lucien A
As a trainwreck.

Faunus
I wouldn't give him that much credit.

Darth Sexy
It wasn't my intention to be subtle, but lovely sarcasm.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Well for what it's worth, I still don't consider Marek to be nearly as powerful as everyone is making him out to be.

So he redirected a falling Star Destroyer. It's not nearly the most impressive feat we've ever seen. Tipping a falling object takes FAR less effort than lifting it, for instance. Nihilus freakin lifted the Ravager (which isn't quite as big, I know, but the fact that he pulled up rather than redirect takes FAR more energy). I'd say that beats Marek's feat pretty handily. Revan was called the most powerful of his age and the descriptions given to him pretty heavily outweigh the praise Nihilus gets, so he's probably stronger than Marek too. Exar Kun's spirit was able to strait up take down post-DE Luke. The actual man should have been at least as powerful, and I would definately give a fight between DE Luke (or Jedi Academy, really) and Marek to Luke. But, whatever, that's just my thoughts on it.

Uh, Glentract? Exar's spirit relied on trapping, surprising and double teaming Luke along with Luke's best student. If Kun tried to appear to Luke and actually fight him, his spirit would have suffered badly for it.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
It wasn't my intention to be subtle, but lovely sarcasm.

Trust me. It was warranted

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Uh, Glentract? Exar's spirit relied on trapping, surprising and double teaming Luke along with Luke's best student. If Kun tried to appear to Luke and actually fight him, his spirit would have suffered badly for it.

I don't think Kyp really made a difference. Mostly, Luke just was unable to defend against that particular technique (what was it's name?) Exar used on him.

Lightsnake
Luke was distracted by trying not to harm Kyp. Kyp unleashes a blast of the technique, catching Luke...then Kun joins in from the back.

Darth_Glentract
Luke shouldn't have been even phased by anything Kyp could throw at that point. I'd say it was mostly Exar.

Lucien A
Kyp empowered by Exar would phase DE-era Luke.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Luke shouldn't have been even phased by anything Kyp could throw at that point. I'd say it was mostly Exar.

And the book says otherwise.

NonSensi-Klown
I don't see what teh problem is. Even by NJO standards, Kyp is one of the strongest raw force users out of the entire heap.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lightsnake
And the book says otherwise.

Sort of, Kyp did attack first(and definitelyhurt Luke) but that was after Luke "rallied all the powers of the Force around him, seeking any defensive tactic"(Kun just appeared before the above quote and Luke knew he was there) then once Kyp did attack with that lightning technique, Luke cried out and tried to strike back, but the shadow of Exar Kun joined the attack, adding more deadly force. The ancient Dark Lord of the Sith lashed out with waves of blackness, driving long icicles of frozen poison into Luke's body.

Basically Luke was indeed in trouble but the part highlighted in bold indicated that Luke was not defeated yet and would have fought back and given that this is a post DE Luke, he could certainly launch a powerful counterattack but then Kun joined in the attack. So it isn't exactly clear on who inflicted more damage or "death blow"on Luke. An argument could be made both ways. Kyp did attack first and was continuing to attack but Kun probably has mastered the technique better then Kyp.

Lightsnake
Probably. Doesn't help that Kun was hitting a distracted Luke from behind

Hewhoknowsall
Why is ROTS Anakin so low? He got beat by ROTS Kenobi.

1. AOTC Skywalker - PWNS
2. AOTC Kenobi - PWNS
3. Qui-Gon Jinn - PWNS, unless if Jinn is in his prime, in which he wins but not PWN.
4. Darth Malak - wins, probably
5. Asajj Ventress - PWNS
6. Darth Maul - PWNS, btw Maul isn't going to beat him in sabers
7. ROTS Kenobi - wins, by a bit
8. Revan - I dunno
9. Count Dooku - toss up
10. Exar Kun - dunno, still reading the book
11. ROTS Skywalker - wins
12. ROTS Windu - loses horribly, vapaad ftw, ROTS Windu beat Sidious
13. RoT Bane - still reading PoD
14. Darth Sidious - not finished game, have to wait till the final battle to see.

Darth_Glentract
Feel like backing any of that up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.