Michael Crichton Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TRH
My Favorite Authour (I have every book if his) Is dead.....R.I.P.

Author of Jurassic Park, Congo Sphere Disclosure, Timeline among others and Creator of the Television Series "ER".

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/11/05/obit.crichton/index.html

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by TRH

Author of Jurassic Park, Congo Sphere Disclosure, Timeline among others and Creator of the Television Series "ER".

Sad to hear.

I also read his book the Andromeda Strain. T'was a great book; he will be missed.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by TRH

I didn't even know he had cancer. Crichton along with King and Clancy are the most known...I only read half of Congo...but hated the movie.

R.I.P. Michael Crichton.

=Tired Hiker=
I couldn't help thinking, did a dinosaur eat him? No, but seriously, I enjoyed several of his books and I'll miss his work. Seemed like a good guy too. RIP

TRH
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I didn't even know he had cancer. Crichton along with King and Clancy are the most known...I only read half of Congo...but hated the movie.

R.I.P. Michael Crichton. Apparently, he didn't tell anyone.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by TRH

OMG, this is sad. I read his books when I was quite young and have loved them ever since. His work will live on.

siriuswriter
No!

Everybody seems to be dying off this year...

I read most of Crichton's books. He was a wonderful author, and will be missed.

TRH
Originally posted by siriuswriter
No!

Everybody seems to be dying off this year...

I read most of Crichton's books. He was a wonderful author, and will be missed. I know.
How many people is it that have died this year?

Bicnarok
He was on of my favorite authors, R.I.P.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by TRH
I know.
How many people is it that have died this year?

I dunno the exact number : but Paul Newman, George Carlin, Isaac Hayes...

It's just a bad year for the entertainment business.

Bicnarok
A lot of people die, thats life, well death in this case. But some have an impact in certain ways, Crichton was one of em.

ragesRemorse
I'm sorry to here this. I know he had a lot of fans. Persaonlly i only read a few of his books, Jurassic Park, INtensity, Watchers and Phantoms. I have to say, Intensity and Phantoms is awful but he was a decent writer none the less. Good on, Mike, i hope heaven is real and you are there instead of not existing.

Sadako of Girth
I think West World was one of his, wasn't it..?

Will dig that out.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I dunno the exact number : but Paul Newman, George Carlin, Isaac Hayes...

It's just a bad year for the entertainment business.

It's going to keep happening more and more I hate to say. Think about it: Movies and music and tv shows are a fairly new concept in the big scope of things. You used to have an old actor die here and there, but now EVERYONE is getting old, or sick, or suicidal.

Dr. Leg Kick
R.I.P

i enjoyed 'Five Patients'. great stuff.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
It's going to keep happening more and more I hate to say. Think about it: Movies and music and tv shows are a fairly new concept in the big scope of things. You used to have an old actor die here and there, but now EVERYONE is getting old, or sick, or suicidal.

Yes, it's true.

But that doesn't mean I have to take it as reality. It's just sad... old movies are my favorite. I'd say something corny like "the end of an era," but... you know, I'll just say it.

The end of an era.

BruceSkywalker
Excellent author(have all his novels) and creator(ER) will be sorely missed

Kelly_Bean
Pretty damn good author.

R.I.P Michael. erm

Nactous
Jurassic Park was my early years. Hell my dream at that age was to be a paleontologist. A bit of my childhood goes with him....
I didnt really care about Heath, but this tears me up.

Quiero Mota
When I get ready for work in the morning I always listen to the news. I heard this news passing and literallly yelled "Holy shit!". Ever since I joined KMC, Jurassic Park was on my favorite movie list in my profile, and it's been in my personal top 3 since it was released in 1993. My favorite books of his are Jurassic Park, Sphere, and Rising Sun.

RIP Michael Crichton

Deano
i'll read a book by him tonight. in his honour

Smasandian
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I'm sorry to here this. I know he had a lot of fans. Persaonlly i only read a few of his books, Jurassic Park, INtensity, Watchers and Phantoms. I have to say, Intensity and Phantoms is awful but he was a decent writer none the less. Good on, Mike, i hope heaven is real and you are there instead of not existing.

He didnt write Phantoms or Intensity.

Those were done by Dean Koontz.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smasandian
He didnt write Phantoms or Intensity.

Those were done by Dean Koontz.

oh, well what the hell did Mike write?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
oh, well what the hell did Mike write?

Good goin' rage. laughing out loud

Röland
Phantoms and Intensity are awesome books Rage. stick out tongue

Mike wrote Jurassic Park, Timeline, Lost World, Congo, Eaters of the Dead, Rising Sun and The Andromeda Strain to name a few.

I'm a fan and his writing talent will be missed.

ragesRemorse

Devil King
I dislike that people are calling him "Mike". I had a friend in high school that called Robert DeNiro, "Bobby". If you've only met the man by reading his books and seeing his name printed on the dust jacket, then you aren't his poker buddy or his mother, so don't call him Mike.

RedAlertv2
I was a pretty big fan a few years ago, and have consistently enjoyed his work. RIP.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Devil King
I dislike that people are calling him "Mike". I had a friend in high school that called Robert DeNiro, "Bobby". If you've only met the man by reading his books and seeing his name printed on the dust jacket, then you aren't his poker buddy or his mother, so don't call him Mike.

that banana up your ass...,has it rotted yet?

big gay kirk
Eaters of teh Dead.. one of the best reworkings ever of the Beowulf story.... and Westworld.... very prolific author, and as with many prolific producers of anything, he was a bit hit and miss.. but he brought a lot of joy and otherwise to lots of people...

Deano
sphere was a good read. i enjoyed that alot

UKR
Before he died I had very little idea as to who this man is and now that he's dead I only have very slightly more an idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.