Skrull talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Is it just me, or does it seem that if you look at the word balloons with Skrull language close enough, like if you squint at them right, they look like English words and can be translated somewhat?

In fact I recall a few instances where the "translations" seemed to make sense in context.

Is this intentional or just pareidolia?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Is it just me, or does it seem that if you look at the word balloons with Skrull language close enough, like if you squint at them right, they look like English words and can be translated somewhat?

In fact I recall a few instances where the "translations" seemed to make sense in context.

I can speak Skrull, I can tell you when they say Nnnnaaah...or Ahhhhh or Argggh or Umph.

willRules

You can work out what they are saying by matching up the translated comments (such as the flashbacks in New and Mighty Avengers when we see the bloody cloth ceremony with the Skrulls transformations). yes

Priest
Examples PLZ.
I'm looking thru a few books now, and i cant tell erm

willRules
Like when in New or Mighty Avengers we see the ceremony whereby a Skrull replaces Elektra or Cap. It says things like "An Agent of SHIELD, A Mighty Avenger" etc. Next to these comments are skrull caption boxes. Assuming Marvel is using a coherent English to Skrull translation (Props to them if you have to convert it to Aramaic or some Syrian text first, lol that's dedication) you match up the letters to the Skrull symbol. That way next time you see that symbol assume it's the same letter and you will slowly be able to work out what they are saying.

In theory it works, but I can't be bothered to try it out and see, I have a social life stick out tongue

That has to be about one of the nerdiest things I have ever typed no expression

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by willRules

In theory it works, but I can't be bothered to try it out and see, I have a social life stick out tongue

No, just face the facts you're a comic geek like the rest of us and just try it out (and because we are lazy). Denial is the first response any addict has. hoover

willRules
cry

Phantom Zone

Yeah I get that feeling too. Whats with the "he loves you" business".

Disappear
i translated the spider-woman and hank pym "bloody cloth" ceremonies in the "who can you trust?" thread a while back. the weird thing is, though, that different books are using different skrull fonts, so you can't always use the cryptograph method from one book to translate another.

i don't really remember what was said. if i had more time, i'd dig up that old post.

edit: here's the pym post translation. i guess maybe i didn't post the spider-woman one.

willRules
Coolio thumb up

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willRules
Like when in New or Mighty Avengers we see the ceremony whereby a Skrull replaces Elektra or Cap. It says things like "An Agent of SHIELD, A Mighty Avenger" etc. Next to these comments are skrull caption boxes. Assuming Marvel is using a coherent English to Skrull translation (Props to them if you have to convert it to Aramaic or some Syrian text first, lol that's dedication) you match up the letters to the Skrull symbol. That way next time you see that symbol assume it's the same letter and you will slowly be able to work out what they are saying.

It's a 1 to 1 substitution cipher.

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's a 1 to 1 substitution cipher.

............................ no expression I'm called Will.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah I get that feeling too. Whats with the "he loves you" business".

I think they're talking about their god (the one Hercules beat up, lol)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.