Mara Jade vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Nemesis
Can she beat a real Sith?

All out

The actual fight is the most interesting to me, so lets ignore the saber/Force only rounds.

Vorpal Ruin
I think that this would be a great fight. Mara is a dirty fighter and i think she would find a way to get the advantage.
Mara 6/10

Darth_Glentract
Probably not. She's not a fighter, she's a spy/assassin.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Probably not. She's not a fighter, she's a spy/assassin.

She used her cunning and resources to nearly kill Darth Caedus, why wouldn't she be able to do that against Dooku? She also survived a fight against Darth Vader when she was incredibly young, shes incredibly resourceful.

Darth_Glentract
Exactly. She wouldn't have stood a chance against Jacen is a strait fight, and wouldn't against Dooku either.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
She used her cunning and resources to nearly kill Darth Caedus, why wouldn't she be able to do that against Dooku? She also survived a fight against Darth Vader when she was incredibly young, shes incredibly resourceful.

When did she fight Vader? I remember Vader was about to attack her, but didn't.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
When did she fight Vader? I remember Vader was about to attack her, but didn't.

Allegiance, I think. She was like 18 and Vader flipped out and tryed to kill her.

Red Nemesis
*tried*

I'm intrigued. How did the fight go?
Why did he 'flip out'?
Why haven't I heard about this before?

truejedi
second what red said, i had never heard this. I read allegiance, don't remember her running into vader though? mebbe i just don't remember?

EDIT: wait, didn't they like kinda confront each other in a machoism kinda thing? like fronting a fight, and then they ended up not fighting?

Darth_Glentract
I've never heard anything about her fighting Vader...

Fan Skywalker
It wasn't really a fight Vader just attacked her and she used some trick to take advantage of his mask's eyes and while Vader's eyes were adjusting she went to the other side of the room. After his eyes got back to normal he calmed down.

SIDIOUS 66
It wasn't a fight at all. She turned out the lights(or something like that) and hid from Vader. She admitted she could not stand a chance against Vader.

Darth_Glentract
And there goes Vorpal Ruin's credibility...lol

Vorpal Ruin
And there goes Vorpal Ruin's credibility...lol

I should have said attack instead of fight then I guess. Maybe one day I will care about my credibility on these forums, until then.... there won't be a then. Oh well.

Regardless, how many people survived an attack from Vader in an enclosed room?

Darth_Glentract
I should have said attack instead of fight then I guess. Maybe one day I will care about my credibility on these forums, until then.... there won't be a then. Oh well.

Regardless, how many people survived an attack from Vader in an enclosed room?

How many people were did Vader attack who were servants of the Emperor and in good graces?

And if you're gonna get all "oh yeah, I'm too cool for this anyway" then you might as well go ahead and **** off.

SIDIOUS 66
But Vader never attacked her. He pulled out his saber and was about to attack her, but for some reason he didn't.

Vorpal Ruin
How many people were did Vader attack who were servants of the Emperor and in good graces?

And if you're gonna get all "oh yeah, I'm too cool for this anyway" then you might as well go ahead and **** off.

Hmm... you were negative to me first. Why be that way if you don't want someone to be negative to you?

My copy of the book is in storage and I can't get to it, otherwise I would atleast try to double check it, but Vader got enraged because he thought Mara was hunting down Luke.(IIRC)

Darth_Glentract
Well I was kidding, but wtf, who pays attention to the little "lol" at the end of a sentence anyway.

Vorpal Ruin
Well I was kidding, but wtf, who pays attention to the little "lol" at the end of a sentence anyway.

A 'lol' could be laughing at me. wink

Wait... I reread everything, I never said anything negative to you... so wtf? It isn't important, not a problem.

NonSensi-Klown
Mara with prep would win. She's the Batman of the SWU.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
But Vader never attacked her. He pulled out his saber and was about to attack her, but for some reason he didn't.

No, he tried to. She calmed him down before he could really **** her up though.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Mara with prep would win. She's the Batman of the SWU.

Yea, she is like Batman.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah but Batman can't win strait fights against superheroes...

Lucien A
Straight fights aren't the Batman way. When you fight Batman, you better calculate HIS rules.

Faunus
Batman's cooler.

Lucien A
Batman didn't get killed by his nephew.

Faunus
He doesn't even have a nephew.

However, the Robins are pretty lame...

Lucien A
Robin: The Zett Jukasa's of the Batman series. Sure they take out a few minions, but in the end their smoking corspe was only a distraction.

Faunus
They all get ****ed over in one series or another. Todd gets boomed. Grayson is just abused in the sequel and prequels to DKR, Drake gets owned in the Bruce Timm animated series (read: the best ever), and Carrie is a girl.

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku wins ala force stomp

NonSensi-Klown
Nah. If Mara gets even ten minutes of prep time she'll use some random ass shit, like rock from a cave, some chewing gum and paper clips, a power pack, a jar of mayonnaise, and a bird-cage, to make some sort of force nullifying device, MacGuyver style.

Batman > MacGuyver though.

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku will lift her up and give her the ragdoll treatment, there is nothing to suggest her force shielding is greater than Kenobi's

NonSensi-Klown
I didn't say anything about a force shield. What are you talking about?

Mizukage Yoda
What I'm saying is that the moment the battle began Dooku would insta-tool her.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
What I'm saying is that the moment the battle began Dooku would insta-tool her.

I don't think that Dooku would be 'insta-tooling' a LOTF Jedi Master Mara Jade. He may win, but there would be no 'insta-tooling'.

Mizukage Yoda
I don't think that Dooku would be 'insta-tooling' a LOTF Jedi Master Mara Jade. He may win, but there would be no 'insta-tooling'.
You say Jedi Master as though its some pre-requisite to holding a candle to Dooku, Kenobi one of the most seasoned swordmasters in the Jedi Order was tooled twice in one duel with the Count, while fending off an angry ROTS Anakin. What has Mara Jade done that even insinuates that she can defeat someone on the Count's tier

Ultimate Vader
If Dooku choose force, Dooku grip him and lightning her to death. If Dooku choose saber, he will win, because he's one of the greatest duelist ever (many state this, including Yoda and Qui-Gon), and I can't believe how Anakin beat Dooku easily. If Dooku choose all-out, Mara Jade will go straight to hell. Case closed.

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
You say Jedi Master as though its some pre-requisite to holding a candle to Dooku, Kenobi one of the most seasoned swordmasters in the Jedi Order was tooled twice in one duel with the Count, while fending off an angry ROTS Anakin. What has Mara Jade done that even insinuates that she can defeat someone on the Count's tier

Good statement. As I have said before, this case is closed.

Master Crimzon
Can Mara Jade batkick? I THINK NOT.

Dooku wins.

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by Master Crimzon

Dooku wins.

Good point.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Master Crimzon

Dooku wins.

She could with prep.

Gideon
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
She could with prep.

Pretty much all of the Emperor's Hands are ridiculously cunning fighters. Lumiya, who is, on paper, total crap, was able to nearly kill Luke Skywalker on more than one occasion. She and Mara had the catfight of the century just prior to the latter's death at Jacen's hands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.