Superman Prime Vs Rune King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



xtrubeastxcs
The two pretty much plain out gods fight. Who wins? (If this has been done before, sorry, i searched and could not find it)

Thunderstrike
Does Superman Prime have a problem with magic?

xtrubeastxcs
I dont think so, he sundipped for 1000 years or something like that and has no weakness practically, ill check.

Mider
can thor move a universe cause one of the supermen who supes prime powers can also he has the last gl ring, with his knowledge who knows what he could do with that thing.

Murda Mase
Superman Prime wins this.

Swanky-Tuna
Who knows really. Superman Prime just seemed like a living GL battery but for the Superman.

xtrubeastxcs
ahh, hes the superman from superman 1 million (like batman 1 million who is like way more powerful and smart then he was) and i think he sundipped for a million years and he is the 2nd most powerful being in DCU, spectre is the only one whos more powerful

xtrubeastxcs
and he has the last of the gl rings

Thunderstrike
If he still has a weakness to magic, then RKT is gonna take this.

If not, then Superman Prime wins.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
ahh, hes the superman from superman 1 million (like batman 1 million who is like way more powerful and smart then he was) and i think he sundipped for a million years and he is the 2nd most powerful being in DCU, spectre is the only one whos more powerful
I know exactly who he is. He sat in the sun for eight-thousand-something years and defeated Solaris in some unknown fashion. Whether or not it involved the Green Lantern ring that he recieved moments before defeating Solaris is unknown because he merely flies out of the living sun with it.

Darth Kal-El
Superman Prime.

batdude123
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
ahh, hes the superman from superman 1 million (like batman 1 million who is like way more powerful and smart then he was) and i think he sundipped for a million years and he is the 2nd most powerful being in DCU, spectre is the only one whos more powerful

What about Lucifer, Michael, and Yaweh?

Mr. Valentine
is yaweh supposed to be god? ywhwh?

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
is yaweh supposed to be god? ywhwh?

Yaweh is Lucifer and Michael's father.

Darth_Erebus
Magic enables RKT to win this.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Magic enables RKT to win this.

Has Superman Prime ever even shown to have a weakness to magic, or are you just assuming? confused

soujaboy09
RTK, he just blows the sun away with Superman along with it.

batdude123
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

badabing
Originally posted by soujaboy09
RTK, he just blows the sun away with Superman along with it.
I can't believe the Superman fans aren't jumping all over this. laughing eek!

soujaboy09
Originally posted by badabing
I can't believe the Superman fans aren't jumping all over this. laughing eek!

Its because what I stated is true

Juntai
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I know exactly who he is. He sat in the sun for eight-thousand-something years and defeated Solaris in some unknown fashion. Whether or not it involved the Green Lantern ring that he recieved moments before defeating Solaris is unknown because he merely flies out of the living sun with it. Been a while since I actually read that series, but if I remember right. . . . He exploded from the sun with green energy, and crushed Solaris with a giant hand he made. He floated down to Earth, dropped the ring, and ressurected Lois with his bare hands.

batdude123
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Its because what I stated is true

Not in the least bit. no

batdude123
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Its because what I stated is true

Do you have any idea who and what Superman Prime can do? If you did, then you would know that he would absolutely massacre RK Thor.

Thunderstrike
I don't think anyone has posted feats for RKT either.

badabing
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Its because what I stated is true
True fanboys would never let the truth stand in the way of making a point. laughing eek! laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
True fanboys would never let the truth stand in the way of making a point. laughing eek! laughing

I'm not a fanboy of Superman Prime, but he is too powerful and would no go down to RKThor.

superkronick92
superman prime looks at rkt and he ceases to exist. laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by superkronick92
superman prime looks at rkt and he ceases to exist. laughing

Funny, I guess. What the f**k?

tiakocom
batdude I always thought of you as a fanboy but wasnt to sure, but after lookin at this thread I gotta say i give you a mark 10/10 for bein the perfect replacement for wolvi8888 cuz my man you got the X factor dam wink

batdude123
Originally posted by tiakocom
batdude I always thought of you as a fanboy but wasnt to sure, but after lookin at this thread I gotta say i give you a mark 10/10 for bein the perfect replacement for wolvi8888 cuz my man you got the X factor dam wink

Thank you! stick out tongue No but seriously, I'm not a fanboy, I just think that Superman Prime would win this fight.

tiakocom
Originally posted by batdude123
Thank you! stick out tongue No but seriously, I'm not a fanboy, I just think that Superman Prime would win this fight.

man after spendin hours doin my ASP shit, this is what i need some good old humour preach on brother preach on laughing laughing laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by tiakocom
man after spendin hours doin my ASP shit, this is what i need some good old humour preach on brother preach on laughing laughing laughing

Alright. wink Superman Prime would pull RKThor's eyes out and laser beem his testicles. stick out tongue

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
Been a while since I actually read that series, but if I remember right. . . . He exploded from the sun with green energy, and crushed Solaris with a giant hand he made. He floated down to Earth, dropped the ring, and ressurected Lois with his bare hands.

he didn't ressurect anyone by himself. He was helped by that superman who wed that female 5d imp along with her.

Mider
that same supes who married the imp also is not as strong as supes prime

soujaboy09
Superman has a weakness to magic, and we all know that RTK is a ****in hog when it comes to magic. Thus Like I stated before, RTK would blow the sun up along with Superman.

Juntai
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Superman has a weakness to magic, and we all know that RTK is a ****in hog when it comes to magic. Thus Like I stated before, RTK would blow the sun up along with Superman. Prime I don't think has such a weakness.

soujaboy09
Donut know why he shouldn't, but if he doesn't Thor blows the sun up, resulting a huge lose of power to Superman. After that Thor summons his own light, and then RTK proceeds in knocking Superman the fu<k out.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mider
that same supes who married the imp also is not as strong as supes prime

he's not. But that doesn't mean every power he got from the 5d imps and his own is lesser than Prime.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
Prime I don't think has such a weakness.

Didn't Vandal planned to kill him by shooting Kryptonite at the sun but was averted thousands of years of prep by his friends to be replaced instead by a GL ring which he then used to crush solaris with?

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
he's not. But that doesn't mean every power he got from the 5d imps and his own is lesser than Prime. We never really got a powerset for Superman Prime, just that's he's worshipped by the entire universe in that storyline, so much that the universe stops to watch him come out of the sun and kill the enemy of the entire storyarc in a single panel.

He's presumably infinitely stronger than ours, likely has invented tons of new powers, has removed his few weaknesses.

Characters like Future Hourman could re-write time on a whim.
Future Superman was a mix of Superman and Mxy's DNA.
Ressurection Man was inventing any power he needed all through the series.

And characters like that watched him in awe and worship.

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Didn't Vandal planned to kill him by shooting Kryptonite at the sun but was averted thousands of years of prep by his friends to be replaced instead by a GL ring which he then used to crush solaris with? It was just a theory. But they planned to infect the entire sun with Kryptonite.

Sixth_Winged
Yes it was a theory, but also superman's invulnerability to anything is a theory as well or his supposed increased invulnerability to it like many others.

point is, Superman P = Too vague to judge. The only time we've seen him used his power other than to channell the supersun to the superman dynasty was using a green lantern ring amongst all things.

UniOmni
I gotta make a point here. This debate is really funny. People saying RKT or Prime are both theorizing a heck of alot. Prime never did anything that screams out he can thrash RKT and RKT never did anything that screams he will thrash Prime. Both sides have their biases apparently. RKT is powerful, and so is Prime. But the fact that the universe turned out to witness his coming is purely DC/Superverse focal point reassertion to the max.
Prime is not however the second most powerful person in DC. Spectre is there, as well as the Millenium Giants, as well as even more of the upper echelons of power. Like Lucifer, Yahweh, SOTK and etc?? The power lines go much deeper.
And for those who say Prime or RKT.
Tell me. Who do you think would win between Superman and Thor??
Cuz chances are, that probably colored your decision.
Like inwardly thinking the most powerful form of Thor would never be able to beat the most powerful form of Superman. If so, no matter what evidence is supplied, chances are you won't be persuaded otherwise.
Oh, and Prime has absolutely no feats whatsoever. None. His biggest is in resurrecting a dead person with help.
Darkseid did that more than twenty years ago without aid. And turned a sun from red to yellow i believe while also mind controlling a few billion people.
True Darkseid >>>>>>>>Both combatants by a large margin imo. Prime is carried only by the fact that he's superman.
And for the whole Prime is more powerful than 1Million and he could punch through time, move galaxies with his mind(with aid from a gorilla!) etc.
Superman is more powerful than Zatanna overall, but if she said the right words backwards, he'd be dead like the rest of them.
Flash, GL could take him a few times as well.
So that whole line of thought is pointless.

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
I gotta make a point here. This debate is really funny. People saying RKT or Prime are both theorizing a heck of alot. Prime never did anything that screams out he can thrash RKT and RKT never did anything that screams he will thrash Prime. Both sides have their biases apparently. RKT is powerful, and so is Prime. But the fact that the universe turned out to witness his coming is purely DC/Superverse focal point reassertion to the max.
Prime is not however the second most powerful person in DC. Spectre is there, as well as the Millenium Giants, as well as even more of the upper echelons of power. Like Lucifer, Yahweh, SOTK and etc?? The power lines go much deeper.
And for those who say Prime or RKT.
Tell me. Who do you think would win between Superman and Thor??
Cuz chances are, that probably colored your decision.
Like inwardly thinking the most powerful form of Thor would never be able to beat the most powerful form of Superman. If so, no matter what evidence is supplied, chances are you won't be persuaded otherwise.
Oh, and Prime has absolutely no feats whatsoever. None. His biggest is in resurrecting a dead person with help.
Darkseid did that more than twenty years ago without aid. And turned a sun from red to yellow i believe while also mind controlling a few billion people.
True Darkseid >>>>>>>>Both combatants by a large margin imo. Prime is carried only by the fact that he's superman.
And for the whole Prime is more powerful than 1Million and he could punch through time, move galaxies with his mind(with aid from a gorilla!) etc.
Superman is more powerful than Zatanna overall, but if she said the right words backwards, he'd be dead like the rest of them.
Flash, GL could take him a few times as well.
So that whole line of thought is pointless. I agree.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
I gotta make a point here. This debate is really funny. People saying RKT or Prime are both theorizing a heck of alot. Prime never did anything that screams out he can thrash RKT and RKT never did anything that screams he will thrash Prime. Both sides have their biases apparently. RKT is powerful, and so is Prime. But the fact that the universe turned out to witness his coming is purely DC/Superverse focal point reassertion to the max.
Prime is not however the second most powerful person in DC. Spectre is there, as well as the Millenium Giants, as well as even more of the upper echelons of power. Like Lucifer, Yahweh, SOTK and etc?? The power lines go much deeper.
And for those who say Prime or RKT.
Tell me. Who do you think would win between Superman and Thor??
Cuz chances are, that probably colored your decision.
Like inwardly thinking the most powerful form of Thor would never be able to beat the most powerful form of Superman. If so, no matter what evidence is supplied, chances are you won't be persuaded otherwise.
Oh, and Prime has absolutely no feats whatsoever. None. His biggest is in resurrecting a dead person with help.
Darkseid did that more than twenty years ago without aid. And turned a sun from red to yellow i believe while also mind controlling a few billion people.
True Darkseid >>>>>>>>Both combatants by a large margin imo. Prime is carried only by the fact that he's superman.
And for the whole Prime is more powerful than 1Million and he could punch through time, move galaxies with his mind(with aid from a gorilla!) etc.
Superman is more powerful than Zatanna overall, but if she said the right words backwards, he'd be dead like the rest of them.
Flash, GL could take him a few times as well.
So that whole line of thought is pointless.
Something tells me you lean towards Thor. embarrasment

xtrubeastxcs
Well actually, you know how powerful superboy prime was? its kinda the same thing exept superman prime went sundipping for wayyyyy longer. Superboy prime was only tickled by magic, so superman prime would not ever notice the magic is hitting him.

Superman prime, 10/10 id say.

Sixth_Winged
erm OKKKKKayyyyyyyyy.....how in the world does SBP correlates in this match? And no, those still aren't proof

UniOmni
Validus i actually don't lean towards thor. I do however like him more as a character in comics. I truly believe that Superman is the most had it handed to him brick in comics truly. But his feats post crisis do have him beating thor. With a speedblitz. Barring that however, Thor houses him if he uses the hammers full potential. Both in DC comics, Superman wins. In Marvel comics, Superman wins. Either way he wins.
But RKT can see the future iirc. And that changes everything imo.


And if there is ever a fully functional time machine, i'll go back in time and create the first superhero. So that i could see how DC comics were written if they didn't cater endlessly to Superman and he was just any other character to be used. Who would be the icon then??

Kessael, Scion of The Workmans Ambition??

And Magic only tickled SBP, but Kon bloodied him. Does that mean
Donna Troy can bloody Superman Prime?? Your logic is flawed.

Juntai
You don't see how SBP applies?

Here's how:

What do you think Superman was doing inside the sun for all those years? He was punching reality and formatting it to fit his story.
big grin

joesha28
to tell you the truth. Both of them are hard to gauge. i really don't know who wld win. Both showed they can do the impossible.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
You don't see how SBP applies?

Here's how:

What do you think Superman was doing inside the sun for all those years? He was punching reality and formatting it to fit his story.
big grin

No, i honestly don't. At least, not into a level that is really relevant here. Considering the fluxes that have happened, SMP not having any feats to his name and superman chanelling his power to his dynasty instead of just keeping it to himself.

bats2jm
? how powerful is RKT anyone

cajun2de
what do we knw of RTK's power level ?....if i'm not mistaken he only appeared in the last two issues of the comic before it got cancelled....i'm not sure about superman prime as i neva read his comics or knw his feats....but RTK must show his full feats before we can determine the winner of this match

Mordum
RKT is thor +odin+and then some. So.....lets see odin is skyfather so that puts him above thanos but below galactus. Thor is less than Odin so put them together you get almost twice a skyfather roughly 3 thanos in power. Add a little spice with all his runes and his still below galactus.Why you ask...well all the skyfathers with destroyer couldnt harm one celestial and Galactus is in close proximity to celestials powers and All Skyfathers>>>>rune king thor.

soujaboy09
There are beings out there that would make galactus cry, Like Cyttorak for example.

xtrubeastxcs
Copied from spetznaz:

Also note that he granted his strengths to the various supermen of the future (eg Superman 1 Million) through his covenant, and thus augmented their already potent powers.
Superman 1 million punched through time to arrive 85,000 years into the future, and he did this when he was almost out of all strength due to being too far away from the SuperSun (where Prime Superman was, granting strength).

If Superman 1M can have such power (to punch 85,000 years into the future, and do so when he has so little life essence left that he has turned into an old feeble man), just how powerful do you think Prime Superman is?

-----------------------
Superman Prime would definitely win.

xtrubeastxcs
bump

UniOmni
^^^You haven't read anything i posted huh??
Nothing was done by either to suggest that they could stomp the other. And the flaw in comparing his narrated power level to 1Millions is that 1Million had blood from a very powerful race of beings. Prime doesn't have that luxury. And for the second time, Superman is more powerful overall than Zatanna. But give her 2 seconds of prep, and Superman is dead. So that line of thought is pointless and stupid.

JohnR
I have no idea if Superman Prime would win, but I think RKT's being underestimated. If it was Superman Prime versus Odin or Galactus would everyone think SP would win? Surtur, who destroyed a sun to extract the metal he used to create his Twilight sword, seemed like nothing compared to RKT. Somehow, I have a hard time thinking SP's going to beat RKT easily.

boriquaking55
Who you got in this battle of the best versions of either character - Master of the Ancient Runes or the Clark Kent of the 853rd century?

Thor gets standard his weapons, artifacts, and runes

Supes gets his GL rings & artifacts as well. No Sword however.

David_Richards
Good match up. really too close for me to tell.

I watch Pokemon

Jesse7
Actually prime did have a sword it was in his fortress of solidtude (what ever it is called, planet?), ahh in the picture it was along with his other relics.

UniOmni
Neither has feats that put them over the other.
Why does a match like this always come up?

And that was J Legions treasure room JEsse. Read before you speak.

I watch Pokemon

boriquaking55

Jesse7
Originally posted by UniOmni
Neither has feats that put them over the other.
Why does a match like this always come up?

And that was J Legions treasure room JEsse. Read before you speak.

I specificaly remember Prime having a planet or fortress of relics he had collected, and their was the sword among them.

I watch Pokemon

Darth Martin
Superman 10/10.

sexyking
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Superman 10/10.

Theres truth in those words wink

R.O.T. Yahman
I dont know about Rune King Thor, but King Thor doesn't stand a chance. Feats wise King thor was nowhere near as powerful as Odin. If he gets knocked out by nukes, he wont last long against Plannet moving Punches. smile

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I dont know about Rune King Thor, but King Thor doesn't stand a chance. Feats wise King thor was nowhere near as powerful as Odin. If he gets knocked out by nukes, he wont last long against Plannet moving Punches. smile
When did he get knocked out by a nuke? The only times I ever saw them throw a nuke at him he trapped the explosion and sent it away and once on the island with the priest and it didnt knock him out then. Just messed up his outfit.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I dont know about Rune King Thor, but King Thor doesn't stand a chance. Feats wise King thor was nowhere near as powerful as Odin. If he gets knocked out by nukes, he wont last long against Plannet moving Punches. smile

King thor was ko'd by a nuke?

Endless Mike
There was a panel in the Atom 1 Million origin issue where Superman Prime stated that he could have stopped the Atom's universe from being destroyed if it didn't happen so quickly. That's really impressive cosmic - type power.

Thanos_THOTU

Priest
Dout king thor was ever KOed by nukes :/
classic thor took nukes without being KOed

MJOILNIR
Ive looked thru a lot of books and havent seen King Thor k.o'ed by a nuke. I was honestly curious, thought I may have missed it. Its possible I may have looked over it but I dont think I did. That nuke on the island just messed his suit up and pissed him off pretty bad, thats it though.

Big Sexy
no winner can be taken from this. RKT has a few feats but Prime has even less of a showing. This is only speculation.

mortellan
Originally posted by Big Sexy
no winner can be taken from this. RKT has a few feats but Prime has even less of a showing. This is only speculation. Rune King Thor is merely a magic weilding regular Thor. He was pretty tough yes, but he didn't really fight anyone significant. He actually bargained with Surtur rather than fight, then at the end of the run he used Mjolnir to destroy the Norn's tapestry not any new fangled power. Also, at the time he learned the runes he travelled with the manifestation of the Odinforce but didn't possess its power any longer. When he was set back by nukes (not KO'd) he possessed the odinforce. There is no telling how invulnerable the RKT is because he never got hit. So I'd say pre rune, Odinforce-King Thor could definitely take any Superman but not the last incarnation.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by mortellan
Rune King Thor is merely a magic weilding regular Thor. He was pretty tough yes, but he didn't really fight anyone significant. He actually bargained with Surtur rather than fight, then at the end of the run he used Mjolnir to destroy the Norn's tapestry not any new fangled power. Also, at the time he learned the runes he travelled with the manifestation of the Odinforce but didn't possess its power any longer. When he was set back by nukes (not KO'd) he possessed the odinforce. There is no telling how invulnerable the RKT is because he never got hit. So I'd say pre rune, Odinforce-King Thor could definitely take any Superman but not the last incarnation. Even less was shown of this Superman

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by mortellan
Rune King Thor is merely a magic weilding regular Thor. He was pretty tough yes, but he didn't really fight anyone significant. Mangog isn't significant?

Thor stoppped him in his tracks, and Mangog's repeated attacks couldn't get through Thor's defenses. Thor just turns him into wind and blows him away.

Then Loki sends a whole bunch of trolls against Thor. They can't get through his defenses either. What does Thor do? Destroys Asgard completely. Then finally he separates Loki's head from his body and carries it with him.

All of this seemingly done effortlessly.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Mangog isn't significant?

Thor stoppped him in his tracks, and Mangog's repeated attacks couldn't get through Thor's defenses. Thor just turns him into wind and blows him away.

Then Loki sends a whole bunch of trolls against Thor. They can't get through his defenses either. What does Thor do? Destroys Asgard completely. Then finally he separates Loki's head from his body and carries it with him.

All of this seemingly done effortlessly.

Less than a gesture is required to end this. It would never turn into a fight.

mortellan
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Mangog isn't significant?

Thor stoppped him in his tracks, and Mangog's repeated attacks couldn't get through Thor's defenses. Thor just turns him into wind and blows him away.

Then Loki sends a whole bunch of trolls against Thor. They can't get through his defenses either. What does Thor do? Destroys Asgard completely. Then finally he separates Loki's head from his body and carries it with him.

All of this seemingly done effortlessly. I had forgot about Mangog, not sure if that makes RKT tougher than Odinforce or just makes Mangog weaker than he should be. I suppose one thing going for the RKT is his defensive ability. Even the Odinforce Thor who was seemingly omnipotent and shrugged off nukes had his arm severed by Wolverine and lost an eye to the Hulk(?) RKT seems to have a foresight of events or insight to the vulnerabilities of foes which could be disastrous for Superman.

Soujaboy
sorry

Soujaboy
Originally posted by mortellan
Rune King Thor is merely a magic weilding regular Thor. He was pretty tough yes, but he didn't really fight anyone significant. He actually bargained with Surtur rather than fight, then at the end of the run he used Mjolnir to destroy the Norn's tapestry not any new fangled power. Also, at the time he learned the runes he travelled with the manifestation of the Odinforce but didn't possess its power any longer. When he was set back by nukes (not KO'd) he possessed the odinforce. There is no telling how invulnerable the RKT is because he never got hit. So I'd say pre rune, Odinforce-King Thor could definitely take any Superman but not the last incarnation.

Actually he did retain the Odinforce. He even says so after coming back from Odins arms.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If Superman Prime Does indeed power ALL of the superman up until that point, then that is saying alot. Superman 1million would be a son of a ***** to defeat and he says even his power pales to Superman Prime. Do you realize how many Superman there were in that story?!!!!

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
If Superman Prime Does indeed power ALL of the superman up until that point, then that is saying alot. Superman 1million would be a son of a ***** to defeat and he says even his power pales to Superman Prime. Do you realize how many Superman there were in that story?!!!!

I do realize that he has no feats. eek!

MattDay
yea but the concept of power the supermen were throwing around was immense, and they weren't struggling with the weight of their powers... so they could easily be much more powerful... so could rtk so im gonna say they both forget about it and have a beer! drunk

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I do realize that he has no feats. eek!

Galctus at full power has no feats either. But he's constantly being used on these boards.

hulkrulz
superman prime 7/10

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Galctus at full power has no feats either. But he's constantly being used on these boards.

We know, because at average strength he destroys galaxies and empowers some of the most powerful beings in the universe. roll eyes (sarcastic)

aliveinboston
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Galctus at full power has no feats either. But he's constantly being used on these boards.

The "galactus at full power" thrown around these boards are a result of overactive imaginations resulting in the creation of false gods. Stardust also thought Galactus was his god and the ultimate source of power until Beta Ray Bill showed him otherwise.

Heralds are not and have never been among the most powerful beings in the universe.

Sorry, soujaboy, but there is no such thing as "average strength galactus". His power constantly fluctuates depending on how long it's been since he ate last and what he's been doing since although he can gain energy from his machines when he needs a boost. In fact, there's a not a lot he can do without his machines.

UniOmni
Have either of these two done anything to ensure their untouchable status on this and other forums??

My main problem with both, is that neither has any hardcore feats of his own.

The writer used essentially, a big up, to give them all this cred.

But implied power, will always lose to shown power, imo.

Are there any other characters that you know of, who did little to nothing, but still get mad props that are basically undeserved??

Galactus at full power is one i can admit to being guilty of hyping. I don't do that anymore.

Originally posted by UniOmni
Have either of these two done anything to ensure their untouchable status on this and other forums??

My main problem with both, is that neither has any hardcore feats of his own.

The writer used essentially, a big up, to give them all this cred.

But implied power, will always lose to shown power, imo.

Are there any other characters that you know of, who did little to nothing, but still get mad props that are basically undeserved??

Galactus at full power is one i can admit to being guilty of hyping. I don't do that anymore.


So basically, this isn't a vs thread, its a B*tching thread for you to complain about the obscurity of these 2 characters.

This isn't a valid VS thread, it's bearly a valid thread at all.

And to awnser your question, Sentry.

UniOmni
Damn near every character has faced someone twice on these boards.

I'm just trying to change it up.

Yes but this thread is for character vs character.

Not architype vs architype.

Start finding comic book characters outside the 2 big companies and post them. if its all people have to debate abotu it might actually get them to think about new characters.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by UniOmni
Damn near every character has faced someone twice on these boards.

I'm just trying to change it up.

Yea, but its a shame this fight has been done already

His Airness
bump. lol, this is some classic stuff.

Symmetric Chaos
THOR WINZZ IF YOU DIZAGREEEZ THEN YUO ARW A FWBOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Airness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
THOR WINZZ IF YOU DIZAGREEEZ THEN YUO ARW A FWBOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fanboy. glare

Symmetric Chaos
FWBOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photon009
Rune King Thor

vs

Superboy/man Prime


Who wins?

Bouboumaster
Oh, please...

RKT in a walk.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Oh, please...

RKT in a walk.

What he said.

B.A
Originally posted by Photon009
Rune King Thor

vs

Superboy/man Prime


Who wins? Didn't I like make this thread already. wink

Barbarian Shams
BA your thread dealt with just King Thor, this incarnation is the most powerful form of Thor to date. He has the power of Asgardian Rune Magic along with the fullpower of the Odinforce.

WrathfulDwarf
Cannot be decided because SMP powers have not yet been illustrated to their full potential.

Ouallada
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Cannot be decided because SMP powers have not yet been illustrated to their full potential.

Doesn't matter. RKT takes this.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ouallada
Doesn't matter. RKT takes this.

Yes it does matter.

iceman24567
Does being immune to magic even matter then?

Ouallada
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yes it does matter.

It doesn't matter because potential is simply the future's excuse for the present's failure. We're not debating SMP at his full potential or SMP in 20 years' time. We're debating SMP vs RKT now, and RKT takes it.

Estacado
Spite.
Also Photon is a dumbass.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by iceman24567
Does being immune to magic even matter then?

SMP is immune to magic. Now imagine how his immunity must be like with his powers amplified.

TheGame17
superman prime. he's immune to magic and he's like..............the greatest metahuman that ever existed and ever will exist

Priest
RKT

TheGame17
Originally posted by Priest
RKT

how can he if prime is immune to magic?

Priest
Originally posted by TheGame17
how can he if prime is immune to magic?
where does is say he immune?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Priest
where does is say he immune?

Back in IC #7 when BA confronted him. BA unleash a magical ass whoopin to then SBP.

SBP response....a smile. Now picture SMP...

Priest
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Back in IC #7 when BA confronted him. BA unleash a magical ass whoopin to then SBP.

SBP response....a smile. Now picture SMP...
So ur comparing BA to RKT? laughing out loud
kinda reaching considering BA was still knocking around SBP.
he's not weak to magic like a normal kyrptoninan. He has the same resistance to magic as a normal person would. smile

Ouallada
Originally posted by Priest
So ur comparing BA to RKT? laughing out loud
kinda reaching considering BA was still knocking around SBP.
he's not weak to magic like a normal kyrptoninan. He has the same resistance to magic as a normal person would. smile

Normal Kryptonians aren't weak iirc. They just have the resistance of a normal human to magic. My take on this is that SMP/SBP has the same resistance to magic as a kryptonian would have to other forms of attack.

Still makes no difference here.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Priest
So ur comparing BA to RKT? laughing out loud
kinda reaching considering BA was still knocking around SBP.
he's not weak to magic like a normal kyrptoninan. He has the same resistance to magic as a normal person would. smile

...

We don't know that...at this time. You clearly asked "where does is say he is immune to magic?"

I gave you an example.

You assume I'm comparing BA to RKT. Which is not the case. I answer your question.

Ouallada
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
...

We don't know that...at this time. You clearly asked "where does is say he is immune to magic?"

I gave you an example.

You assume I'm comparing BA to RKT.

Read my above post. That example is not strong enough to prove immunity, and is the only real example of said immunity.

Whether or not you compare BA to RKT should not matter, because until an immunity to magic is confirmed, RKT is too far out of BA's ballpark to give the BA feat any relevance.

Priest
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
...

We don't know that...at this time. You clearly asked "where does is say he is immune to magic?"
I gave you an example.


Your example didn't prove he's immune to it. Just resistant to it. The fight that BA and SBP would end up the same way against some one else in BA teir magical based powers or not.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You assume I'm comparing BA to RKT.
We were arguing RKT vs SMP aren't we? I would assume that u where comparing BA with RKT magic.

Edit: for the record, SBP may turn out to be immune to magic, but thus far there is no idication that he is.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ouallada
Read my above post. That example is not strong enough to prove immunity, and is the only real example of said immunity.

Whether or not you compare BA to RKT should not matter, because until an immunity to magic is confirmed, RKT is too far out of BA's ballpark to give the BA feat any relevance.

You do know that the BA that encounter SBP was a full power right? With the power of Egyptian gods.

So let me get this straight....the magical powers of Egyptian gods isn't as powerful as Asgardian powers?

Priest
Originally posted by Ouallada
Normal Kryptonians aren't weak iirc. They just have the resistance of a normal human to magic. My take on this is that SMP/SBP has the same resistance to magic as a kryptonian would have to other forms of attack.

Still makes no difference here.
Ur saying that "normal" kryptonian's are resistant to magic, yet why did BA say "it hurts, the magic hurts" (well something in that context) to SuperBoy Prime?

Kyptoninans are weak to magic, Superman is the only exception, he has became some what resistant to it. And even then, Captain Marvel still can put a hurting on him with magically charged punches.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Priest
Your example didn't prove he's immune to it. Just resistant to it. The fight that BA and SBP would end up the same way against some one else in BA teir magical based powers or not.


We were arguing RKT vs SMP aren't we? I would assume that u where comparing BA with RKT magic.

Edit: for the record, SBP may turn out to be immune to magic, but thus far there is no idication that he is.

As I mention before...

"Cannot be decided because SMP powers have not yet been illustrated to their full potential."

That he can resist/immune to magic....that we do know.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Priest
Ur saying that "normal" kryptonian's are resistant to magic, yet why did BA say "it hurts, the magic hurts" (well something in that context) to SuperBoy Prime?

Kyptoninans are weak to magic, Superman is the only exception, he has became some what resistant to it. And even then, Captain Marvel still can put a hurting on him with magically charged punches.

I'm saying that Kryptonians are resistant to other forms of attacks (energy, physical etc), but that their resistance to magic is equal to that of a normal human. Superman is an example, as magic would pass straight through his bio-aura, leaving him vulnerable like a normal human.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ouallada
I'm saying that Kryptonians are resistant to other forms of attacks (energy, physical etc), but that their resistance to magic is equal to that of a normal human. Superman is an example, as magic would pass straight through his bio-aura, leaving him vulnerable like a normal human.

But that also happens to be wrong. Here is why...

IF Kryptonians resistance to magic is equal to that of a normal human.

That would mean that Captain Marvel can puch you with his thunder fist....and you will not be burn to a crisp.

However, Superman and Supergirl withstood the thunder punches from Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel without getting burned to a crisp.

You got it wrong.

Ouallada
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
But that also happens to be wrong. Here is why...

IF Kryptonians resistance to magic is equal to that of a normal human.

That would mean that Captain Marvel can puch you with his thunder fist....and you will not be burn to a crisp.

However, Superman and Supergirl withstood the thunder punches from Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel without getting burned to a crisp.

You got it wrong.

We don't define all Kryptonians by Superman and Supergirl. I know that they have built up some resistance to magic, and Priest has kindly reiterated that point. The point, however, is that magic bypasses their bio-auras. The same bio-auras which give Superman and Supergirl their resistances to physical and energy attacks. Thus, magic attacks SHOULD affect them like they were normal humans, but do not because of an accumulated resistance.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ouallada
We don't define all Kryptonians by Superman and Supergirl.

Okay, Kara (Power Girl) have also been affected by magic. Zod also was affected by magic. His wife Ursa too...that implies more Kryptonians.

Originally posted by Ouallada
I know that they have built up some resistance to magic,

Exactly. So they're not the same as a human.

Originally posted by Ouallada

Thus, magic attacks SHOULD affect them like they were normal humans, but do not because of an accumulated resistance.

Magic attacks affect them....but not like a human. Again, I'll point out to my example of Captain Marvel using his thunder punches on Supes.

Ouallada
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Okay, Kara (Power Girl) have also been affected by magic. Zod also was affected by magic. His wife Ursa too...that implies more Kryptonians.



Exactly. So they're not the same as a human.



Magic attacks affect them....but not like a human. Again, I'll point out to my example of Captain Marvel using his thunder punches on Supes.

I meant that Superman and Supergirl are arguably much more resistant than other Kryptonians, but it doesn't really matter in this debate.

Magic attacks were supposed to affect Kryptonians as though they were human That was my point and I simply used that to correlate to SBP by saying that he had the same resistance to magic as he had to energy/physical attacks (my take on SBP's immunity), unlike other Kryptonians.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
...

We don't know that...at this time. You clearly asked "where does is say he is immune to magic?"

I gave you an example.

You assume I'm comparing BA to RKT. Which is not the case. I answer your question.

Then there's also this :

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1228/sbpmaj4.th.png

Sundipped
To add, SMP bust through the Source wall and snatched up Mr. Mxy against his will. Now Mxy is a prisoner in his own 5th dimension.

Now let me ask is Mxy>>>>>>>any Thor incarnation? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SMP FTW!

nimbus006
Looked and Searched for it, has not been done...

I have not seen much of Rune King Thor in action so for now im going to say Prime takes it.

So...

Rune King Thor

vs.

Superman Prime (current)

Neutral Ground

Who wins?

Southern_Rebel
RKT wins this...you'd need to use the Superman Prime from DC 1 million to beat RKT

Laminator_X
Plain King Thor would probably loose. He'd try to take Prime head-on or something. With the wisdom of the Runes however, the Odinson prevails.

Prime wins half the time because he's so unrelenting that nobody has time to respond intelligently. In a wild free-for-all his power rages unchecked. Nobody's gone against him with a plan with which an 8 year-old couldn't find flaws. (All the red giant's in the universe and they choose the one surrounded with Kryptonite? And then Mogo sits and watches while Kal-L gets beaten to death? What was the plan there again?)

RKT is powerful, and wise. He should have no such problems.

guy222
RKT

Sirius77
It could go either way.

nimbus006
Does anyone have scans have some feats for Rune King Thor?

llagrok
RKT revives himself (something which was not possible with the Odinforce)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-07.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-08-09.jpg

RKT possessed some sort of insanely powerful Cosmic Awareness

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-05.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-06.jpg

RKT vs Mangog

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-14.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-15.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-16.jpg

RKT vs Loki
Loki had full control of Asgard and was strong enough to control both Mangog, Durok and 7 of the Asgardians worlds.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-19.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-20.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-21.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-22.jpg

Surtur has been handing out hammers like Mjolnir to most of the trolls in Jotunheimen. They are still no match for Thor.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0002-03.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0004.jpg

RKT ends the cycle of Ragnarok

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0017.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0018-19.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0020.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0021.jpg

roughrider
Originally posted by Sirius77
It could go either way.

Prime's ability against magic beings is impressive - imprisoning & torturing Mxy was quite something. So, he's got a shot. But Rune King Thor is one of the few beings below a cosmic abstract that could stop him, so I think I'd favour him.

Galan007
Originally posted by roughrider
imprisoning & torturing Mxy was quite something. Prime only imprisoned/tortured an all but powerless Mxy. smile

WrathfulDwarf
SMP is a brawler. Can't RKT fight with his fists and not magic?

That's where the answer could be.

llagrok
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
SMP is a brawler. Can't RKT fight with his fists and not magic?

That's where the answer could be.

Can SMP get through Thor's shields?

iceman24567
Originally posted by llagrok
Can SMP get through Thor's shields? Probably i haven't seen a barrier he couldn't break.

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
RKT revives himself (something which was not possible with the Odinforce)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-07.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-08-09.jpg

RKT possessed some sort of insanely powerful Cosmic Awareness

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-05.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-06.jpg

RKT vs Mangog

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-14.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-15.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-16.jpg

RKT vs Loki
Loki had full control of Asgard and was strong enough to control both Mangog, Durok and 7 of the Asgardians worlds.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-19.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-20.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-21.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor084-22.jpg

Surtur has been handing out hammers like Mjolnir to most of the trolls in Jotunheimen. They are still no match for Thor.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0002-03.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0004.jpg

RKT ends the cycle of Ragnarok

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0017.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0018-19.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0020.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Numriser0021.jpg

Nice thanx

llagrok
Originally posted by iceman24567
Probably i haven't seen a barrier he couldn't break.

That logic doesn't work very well.

I haven't seen a person RKT couldn't one-shot.

Originally posted by nimbus006
Nice thanx

No problem.

Peek
I searched for this the other day and I am pretty sure I found it.

But I donno enough about RKT to say who wins really.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Peek
I searched for this the other day and I am pretty sure I found it.

But I donno enough about RKT to say who wins really.

There was one for Rune King Thor w/ uni-mind vs. Superman Prime from the JLA One Million arc.

Peek
Originally posted by nimbus006
There was one for Rune King Thor w/ uni-mind vs. Superman Prime from the JLA One Million arc. Maybe I misread it wrong. Who knows.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>