Lord Voldemort vs Lex Luthor('78 version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
Luthor has three monthes to destoy Voldemort. Is it even possible?

siriuswriter
... Are you serious? At the end of the three months, all Voldy has to do is Apparate to Luthor's lair and Avada Kedavra him. Luthor can't do magic, so no possible defense there.

Not. Even. Possible.

Rogue Jedi
oh MAN crylaugh

Disturbed Angel
Who in their right mind would even ask? You're not that big of an HP fan, are you, DWH? Or you would never have thought it, much less asked.

Dr Will Hatch
I'm a fan of the books and sometimes the films. Lex is supposed the be the second of third smartest person in the DC Universe, and that must apply to the film version too. And due to a previous Superman vs Voldemort thread, Superman is clearly superior. I think that if the Order of the Phoenix gave him help, he could destroy all the horcruxs first. Believe it or not, technology can override magics effects.

Utrigita
The technology from the books didn't from my point of view show the potential to override magical effects, consideret that it was the magical energy that rendered the technology useless...

Mairuzu
hahahahhaha

Ahsoka Tano
lol @ 3 months

BruceSkywalker
Spite,

All LV has to do is snap his fingers and bye bye Lex

Dr Will Hatch
In this scenario, LV has no idea that Lex exists, or what he is trying to do.

Disturbed Angel
In YOUR scenario, probably. But of course, as is usual with scenarios concerning Lord Voldemort, that's not possible. And however smart Lex may be, he's still a muggle and will always be beneath wizards like Voldemort.

NonSensi-Klown
Unleess he shoots him in the face than blows him in half.

I don't think that's under his power though.

Rogue Jedi
Didn't Umbridge stop an arrow with a simple wave of her wand?

NonSensi-Klown
An arrow isn't really a hundred rounds of automatic fire.

Rogue Jedi
And Voldy is surely far more powerful than Umbridge. Man I hate her.

NonSensi-Klown
abc.

Rogue Jedi

Robtard
Now, if (Gene Hackman) Lex is allowed all his movie feats, I say yes, yes she could. In three months time, he could make one or more Nuclear Men, then have him/them put the beat down on Voldemort.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/NuclearMan2.jpg
Swayze, eat your heart out, your Road House hair has nothing on him.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Now, if (Gene Hackman) Lex is allowed all his movie feats, I say yes, yes she could. In three months time, he could make one or more Nuclear Men, then have him/them put the beat down on Voldemort.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/NuclearMan2.jpg
Swayze, eat your heart out, your Road House hair has nothing on him. QFT haermm

Robtard
See, I just 'pwned' all you "Voldy beats him, easy!" Harry Potter reading ****.

I win the thread. Time to close.

Rogue Jedi
Not to mention he has to get ahold of a nuclear bomb and launch it at the sun.

Robtard
Well, Superman was the one who tossed the nukes into the Sun, but the Nuclear Man/men should be more than enough to put Voldemort in a headlock and rape him.

He does have a 1-1 record when facing Reeves Superman, who is arguably the most powerful Superman to ever hit the screen. Kept California for separating from the U.S., reversed the Earth's spin and travelled back in time and his greatest feat, rebuilt the Great Wall of China with his brick-laying-vision.

Utrigita
The only thing required is that Voldemort doesn't use imperiex to take control over Nuclear Man.

Robtard
Lex has three months prep time, he's a super-genius and has shown to be beyond extremely resourceful, he could make a small army of Nuclear Men.

Voldemort might be able to control 1 or more, in the end, he'll end up having that imperiex (whatever that is) shoved up his ass.

Utrigita
And that will help him how against a being that can kill them individually with a single spell while taking control over others and make them fight among themselves?

Sorry I used the danish version of the word the correct word in english would be the Imperio Curse, which I believe Voldemort during his battle with harry in the Goblet of fire but I'm not positive. They would also have to locate Voldemort which can easily teleport himself around on the battlefield as he showed was within his power when he arrived to kill and later battle Dumbledore.

Robtard
Because they're super-duper frikkin powerful, Nuclear Man not only went toe-to-toe with Reeves Superman, but he defeated him the first time they met.

By the time he takes control of one, another will have killed him, it'd only take one hit.

Just stop being a little Harry Butthole fanboy and realize, Voldemort is both outclassed and outgunned.

Utrigita
I doesn't in any way see how that will help him against the Killing Curse sorry.

It doesn't take any time to control a person that is the point, and Voldemort has shown that he can teleport around as he wishes.

not required.

Robtard
Originally posted by Utrigita
I doesn't in any way see how that will help him against the Killing Curse sorry.

It doesn't take any time to control a person that is the point, and Voldemort has shown that he can teleport around as he wishes.

not required.

I looked up this "Killing Curse" in wiki.

Causes a bright green flash and a rushing noise; the curse causes instant death to the victim. There is no known counter-curse or blocking spell (with the exception of the curse striking another spell midflight, negating both), although the caster can be interrupted, the victim can dodge the green jet, hide behind solid objects (which burst into flame when hit by it), or, if the casting wizard is not sufficiently competent, the curse may be completely ineffective as described by Barty Crouch Jr (acting as Alastor Moody) in Goblet of Fire.

Yeah, Voldemort is doomed, considering the above.

Dark-Jaxx
A single Nuclear Man can kill Voldemort before he casts the spell, let alone an army.

People underestimate the speed of them...He went toe-to-toe with Reeves Superman for God's sakes. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Well, Superman was the one who tossed the nukes into the Sun, but the Nuclear Man/men should be more than enough to put Voldemort in a headlock and rape him.

He does have a 1-1 record when facing Reeves Superman, who is arguably the most powerful Superman to ever hit the screen. Kept California for separating from the U.S., reversed the Earth's spin and travelled back in time and his greatest feat, rebuilt the Great Wall of China with his brick-laying-vision. But the nukes being thrown into the Sun was a one time thing.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
But the nukes being thrown into the Sun was a one time thing.

Yes, but it would still be a "feat" of Luther's in making them.

NonSensi-Klown

He'll kill him before he can say the words.

Dark-Jaxx
Hell I would wager Lex Luthor with a 9mm could kill Voldemort with no PIS...

"Avada Ked-" *Headshot*

Rogue Jedi
Do we ever see Luthor with a handgun?

Robtard
He has 3 months prep time, I'd wager he could get himself a gun and laser-pointer attachment, in case he has shit aim.

Placidity
Lol, Comics Luthor would do this easily. Voldy wouldn't be that high end in the comics. In terms of DC magic users, theres Dr. Fate, Etrigan, Shazam, Dr Mist, and Merlin etc. Voldy would become their *****. Lex has often created supervillains as well as allies such as Brainiac. No, Lex would bitchslap Voldy in 3 months.

Movie Lex? No idea :P

Movies and comics are obviously different, but this Movie Lex is very much based on the comics and I think he's not getting the respect he deserves.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Do we ever see Luthor with a handgun? ...Are you really saying that with three months, he could not learn how to use a handgun and aquire one, Lex, one of the richest men in the world? no expression

Utrigita
Allow me to ask a question concerning the Nuclear Man...

Is it correct that it was only the detonations of every nuclear weapons on earth apon contact with the sun combined with a hair from Superman what was made his "birth" possible?

If this indeed is the case then how do you count on getting the required Nuclear Weapons to the Sun which travel time with a rocket last time I checked was estimated to be five months...

Rogue Jedi

Is it correct that it was only the detonations of every nuclear weapons on earth apon contact with the sun combined with a hair from Superman what was made his "birth" possible?

If this indeed is the case then how do you count on getting the required Nuclear Weapons to the Sun which travel time with a rocket last time I checked was estimated to be five months... You are correct, sir. I have already addressed this and was brushed off.

WrathfulDwarf
I'd say Lex takes it easily.

Luthor is a master mind.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'd say Lex takes it easily.

Luthor is a master mind. I do agree with you here, my friend. At first I thought Voldemort's power would be enough, but the ability of Lex together with 3 months of prep time, give him the edge, I think.

Robtard

If this indeed is the case then how do you count on getting the required Nuclear Weapons to the Sun which travel time with a rocket last time I checked was estimated to be five months...

You are correct, in these Vs battles though, a "feat" is generally a feat, so a little freedom is required here.

But if you're really going to cry about it, fine, no Nuclear Man. Lex would shoot his ass with a gun, or hire several assassins to shoot him, as not to get his hands dirty.

Disturbed Angel
FIRSTLY: What about Voldemort's Horcruxes? Lex certainly wouldn't be able to kill Voldemort if he still had his Horcruxes.

SECONDLY: Voldemort rarely ever does that kind of stuff himself, he sends the Death Eaters to do his dirty work for him, while he sets his mind to other matters- stuff he wouldn't trust his Death Eaters with. I am pretty sure that one of Voldemort's many spies would find out about Lex's plan beforehand and that he would send a couple of Death Eaters to dispose of Lex before he even had time to plan out a way of killing Voldemort (who, you MUST remember, had ways of being unable to die).

And oh yes, Voldemort and his Death Eaters have the advantage of invisibility and magical stealth. And in the case of Voldemort- possession.
Sorry I used the danish version of the word the correct word in english would be the Imperio Curse, which I believe Voldemort during his battle with harry in the Goblet of fire but I'm not positive. They would also have to locate Voldemort which can easily teleport himself around on the battlefield as he showed was within his power when he arrived to kill and later battle Dumbledore.
Sorry, but I must make the correction. Or I will explode.

The Imperius Curse. And no, Voldemort used the Killing Curse during the battle with Harry, in GoF. Harry countered it with the Disarming Charm. Of course, Voldemort did use it BEFORE they battled, to try to make Harry answer 'no' when asked if he wanted the Cruciatus Curse used on him again. But Harry threw it off.

And it's called Apparating/Disapparating, not teleporting. And he battled Dumbledore in OoTP but never killed him.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
Sorry, but I must make the correction. Or I will explode.

The Imperius Curse. And no, Voldemort used the Killing Curse during the battle with Harry, in GoF. Harry countered it with the Disarming Charm. Of course, Voldemort did use it BEFORE they battled, to try to make Harry answer 'no' when asked if he wanted the Cruciatus Curse used on him again. But Harry threw it off.

And it's called Apparating/Disapparating, not teleporting. And he battled Dumbledore in OoTP but never killed him.

That's entirely okay.

But he used it which was my point.

I wasn't aware of what everything is called in the english version so I just used the words that I thought bescribed it best. Also I realise that try kill Harry should have been placed.

Utrigita
You are correct, in these Vs battles though, a "feat" is generally a feat, so a little freedom is required here.

But if you're really going to cry about it, fine, no Nuclear Man. Lex would shoot his ass with a gun, or hire several assassins to shoot him, as not to get his hands dirty.

A feat that Luthor can just replicate like that?

I merely mention that from my point of view, the feat is entirely acceptable but the scenario that you outlined was based on the circumstances that Luthor (from what I know) had no control over and that his chances ore replicating it are very small if not nearly nonexistent within the given timeframe.

Disturbed Angel
That's entirely okay.

But he used it which was my point.

I wasn't aware of what everything is called in the english version so I just used the words that I thought bescribed it best. Also I realise that try kill Harry should have been placed.
Yeah ok. But I can't help myself when I see an HP mistake, lol......... It's an almost OCD reaction.

Utrigita
I know the feeling I'm sorry embarrasment

Robtard
Yeah ok. But I can't help myself when I see an HP mistake, lol......... It's an almost OCD reaction.

If it were any other woman, I'd slap you for your Harry Putter fetish.

Dark-Jaxx
FIRSTLY: What about Voldemort's Horcruxes? Lex certainly wouldn't be able to kill Voldemort if he still had his Horcruxes.

SECONDLY: Voldemort rarely ever does that kind of stuff himself, he sends the Death Eaters to do his dirty work for him, while he sets his mind to other matters- stuff he wouldn't trust his Death Eaters with. I am pretty sure that one of Voldemort's many spies would find out about Lex's plan beforehand and that he would send a couple of Death Eaters to dispose of Lex before he even had time to plan out a way of killing Voldemort (who, you MUST remember, had ways of being unable to die).

And oh yes, Voldemort and his Death Eaters have the advantage of invisibility and magical stealth. And in the case of Voldemort- possession.
1. Last time Voldemort was fatally attacked but still had his Horcruxes of f@ggotry, he spent the next 13-14 years coming back to power. In a forum battle, he does not have the luxury of time, and given Lex's intelligence, even if we stretch the fight he can and will find the Horcruxes and have them destroyed.

2. So he can invade on Lex's prep-time? That is against forum rules, but two can play at that game. Within the first day, Lex drops a nuclear bomb on Voldemort. So yeah, Voldemort is not allowed to invade on his prep time.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

So he can invade on Lex's prep-time? That is against forum rules. It is? confused I just read them and I dont see anything pertaining to that.

Dark-Jaxx
It shouldn't even have to be stated.

"Preparation time" means that one or both sides get a specified amount of time to prepare for a battle unhindered.

Rogue Jedi
I'd say it depends on how treacherous the combatant is. that's just me.

NonSensi-Klown
Well, "prep time" is an out-of-universe term. So the in-universe personalities can't affect it.

Rogue Jedi
OK, I am assuming that both combatants would have full access to all of their resources then?

Utrigita
Not quiet only Lex, since he was given the prep time, Voldemort doesn't gain any because he (unlike Lex) doesn't know that he is to battle a person in three months. However I'm unaware to what extent both Characters have knowlegde of each other... In The Comic Versus it's basic knowlegde about the Characters...

Dr Will Hatch
I would assume that since wizards have direct contact with political officials, Lord Voldemort has a pretty good grasp of muggle personalities in politics and major figures in business, and the like. In this scenario, Lex is fully aware of what is going on in the wizarding world(I'll leave the speculation as to how up to you), and is working covert to kill LV in three months.

Dark-Jaxx
People that are fully aware of Lex and his business are usually in the dark about his "darker" business ventures if you will.

Disturbed Angel
I know the feeling I'm sorry embarrasment
It's ok, lol. stick out tongue
If it were any other woman, I'd slap you for your Harry Putter fetish.
And I see you've been banned.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Mannoroth II
I dont see any "magic" or "super" powers that Luthor has, anyway...
Voldy's gonna get Lexy moldy.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Luthor has three monthes to destoy Voldemort. Is it even possible?

bangin

jinXed by JaNx
Voldemort is a goddamned warlock dude.

Voldemort could turn himself into a house cat and still be able to kill luthor.

ThunderGodEneru
Lex with prep is a threat to Superman.

Which HP in its entirety is not.

Robtard
Superman fanboy!

Though on a serious note, isn't magic one of Superman's weaknesses?

ThunderGodEneru
Not exactly, it just affects him like it would any normal human.

And that is assuming a single being in HP could hit him.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Voldemort is a goddamned warlock dude.

Voldemort could turn himself into a house cat and still be able to kill luthor. Lex could just grab some orange juice and construct a time machine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Lex with prep is a threat to Superman.

Which HP in its entirety is not.

only because of cheap writing or kryptonite. Superman has nothing on the Harry Potter universe. Superman has no defense against powerful magic. Lex Luthor has no experience in magic what so ever. Even if he had a decade to prepare he would not be able devise a defensive tactic against Voldemort. The only defense against magic is magic. Unless Luthor has wizard blood in him he cannot use magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.