Galactus (Full-power) vs Gog (3rd World)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/79697-50141-galactus_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/410109-122336-gog_super.jpg

Bentley
Mmmh... No UN I assume.

Lord Feron
What can this 3rd world god do? All i read is that he can heal shit... maybe heal's the hunger of galactus hence they become best pals and go have a picnic!

Bentley
Gog certainly looks very friendly in that picture.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Bentley
Gog certainly looks very friendly in that picture. if by friendly, you mean creepy, then I'd agree

Galan007
galactus.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
galactus. galactus isn't a god. gog is.

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
galactus isn't a god. gog is. facepalm

wtf do titles have to do with anything? to date, galactus has displayed far more, in terms of feats. therefore, he unquestionably takes this.

Endrict Nuul
Galactus.

Starscream M
facepalm

wtf do titles have to do with anything? to date, galactus has displayed far more, in terms of feats. therefore, he unquestionably takes this. to my knowledge, galactus has never brought someone back to life

that's a feat only a true god can do

the only other being I can think of who's challenged death's powers was the golden Superman Prime, a being who could crush Galactus with his thumbs

Utrigita
to my knowledge, galactus has never brought someone back to life

the only other being I can think of who's challenged death's powers was the golden Superman Prime, a being who could crush Galactus with his thumbs

No he just ressurrected a entire world instead, and I also believe that he ressurrected Morg and Alpha Ray Bill.

Then it's good that Galactus has done it.

And he restored Krypton and ressurrected Lois, that is it, if you base you entire analyse on Superman Prime on those two feats alone and put him equal to Galactus well I would just say that imo that is wrong.

golem370
Odin is a God as is Zeus and Thor but what chance would they have against The Devourer?

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
And he restored Krypton and ressurrected Lois, that is it, if you base you entire analyse on Superman Prime on those two feats alone and put him equal to Galactus well I would just say that imo that is wrong. superman prime and the 5-d superman resurrected lois in that arc - it was a shared feat. also, it was hourman who brought back krypton and it's inhabitants. superman prime had nothing to do with that feat.

just some gee whiz info. smile

vansonbee

Galactus went to hell and b1tch slap Mephisto's around for Silver Surfer. Does that count ? laughing out loud

Utrigita
superman prime and the 5-d superman resurrected lois in that arc - it was a shared feat. also, it was hourman who brought back krypton and it's inhabitants. superman prime had nothing to do with that feat.

just some gee whiz info. smile

As mentioned before on this Prime Character I really need to read up on him stick out tongue

Thanks for the update Galan thumb up It's much appreciated

Galan007
As mentioned before on this Prime Character I really need to read up on him stick out tongue

Thanks for the update Galan thumb up It's much appreciated no problem. smile

and if you're interested in prime, every appearence he's made is in this thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t496222.html

Bentley
Korvac has revived people several times. That's a crappy way of stating someone is "a god".

Starscream M

Thanks for the update Galan thumb up It's much appreciated don't put too much stock into Galan's words...he likes to sell Prime short

Galan007
don't put too much stock into Galan's words...he likes to sell Prime short how so? i even directed him to a thread which contains every appearance prime has made. every single one. that being said, if anyone doubts what i've said about prime, please do visit that thread. i can assure you i exaggerated nothing in the slightest.

anyhow, this thread is drifting off course... galactus still take this. smile

Starscream M
how so? i even directed him to a thread which contains every appearance prime has made. every single one. that being said, if anyone doubts what i've said about prime, please do visit that thread. i can assure you i exaggerated nothing in the slightest.

anyhow, this thread is drifting off course... prime still take this. smile eh you're right...this thread is drifting off course

===

but in the past you've had a bad habit of downplaying Golden Prime's impressive feats (beating solaris, bringing back lois, powering all metas...etc)

Galan007
but in the past you've had a bad habit of downplaying Golden Prime's impressive feats (beating solaris, bringing back lois, powering all metas...etc) i have always credited him for feats he actually achieved.

moving on...... smile

Endrict Nuul
don't put too much stock into Galan's words...he likes to sell Prime short

And you're trying to sell Galactus short. "Hes not a God" hes beyond a God. Gods are Odin etc...

Lord Feron
THe term God has literally lost all meaning except when it comes to the presence and TOAA

KuRuPT Thanosi
Big G and it's not even really close

Starscream M
How could someone with as lovable a face as this lose to a cosmic?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/410110-61409-gog_super.jpg

quanchi112
Galactus destroys him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by quanchi112
Galactus destroys him. what do you know about gog...you marvel fanboy!

quanchi112
what do you know about gog...you marvel fanboy! I have read jsa. I read a lot of dc.

guy222
don't even the know the full extent of gog's powers

galactus during the black celestial arc was his powerset

Raoul
what do you know about gog...you marvel fanboy!

quit while you're (barely) ahead.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Raoul
quit while you're (barely) ahead. suck my big toe!

Mighty Saxon
Galactus takes this

Harbinger
facepalm

wtf do titles have to do with anything? to date, galactus has displayed far more, in terms of feats. therefore, he unquestionably takes this.

klintypooh
Originally posted by Lord Feron
What can this 3rd world god do? All i read is that he can heal shit... maybe heal's the hunger of galactus hence they become best pals and go have a picnic!

If Galactus is no longer hungry, why would he want a picnic?

fangirl101
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/79697-50141-galactus_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/410109-122336-gog_super.jpg
Actually, If Gog is a Promethean, then he's from the 2nd wold. the 3rd World Gods are The greeks, romans, norse gods, hindu gods, african gods, and native gods.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by fangirl101
Actually, If Gog is a Promethean, then he's from the 2nd wold. the 3rd World Gods are The greeks, romans, norse gods, hindu gods, african gods, and native gods. Actually, it was said on panel that Gog came from the 3rd world, not the '2nd wold'.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Actually, it was said on panel that Gog came from the 3rd world, not the '2nd wold'. Well, The new Gods series states that the world that got blown up and seeded the 4th world was the 2nd. that's the only Super God planet in DC history with a war like the one God talked about.

Red Hulk
Well, The new Gods series states that the world that got blown up and seeded the 4th world was the 2nd. that's the only Super God planet in DC history with a war like the one God talked about. And Gog said he came from the 3rd World.

fangirl101
And Gog said he came from the 3rd World. The writer messed up.

vansonbee
Well, The new Gods series states that the world that got blown up and seeded the 4th world was the 2nd. that's the only Super God planet in DC history with a war like the one God talked about. Originally posted by Red Hulk
And Gog said he came from the 3rd World.
What the title of these series ? how many issues?

I never seen full power Galactus, he seem to be depleted all the time. Galactus take the majority for me.

quanchi112
The writer messed up. Its canon.

fangirl101
Its canon.
It's called an editorial slip up.

quanchi112
It's called an editorial slip up. It hasnt been retconned. Its only your opinion anyways.

fangirl101
It hasnt been retconned. Its only your opinion anyways.
My opinion? Sorry. It's fact.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-01-1.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-02.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-03.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-04.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-05.jpg

Red Hulk
It's called an editorial slip up. It's called Gog coming from the 3rd World.

Also, Gog only addressed the fact that there was a war in the 3rd World (nothing about creation being applied, unless I'm forgetting something). He also said that like the rest of the 3rd World he was forgotten (obviously the 2nd World wasn't). He said nothing that would contradict the 2nd World.

fangirl101
It's called Gog coming from the 3rd World.

Also, Gog only addressed the fact that there was a war in the 3rd World (nothing about creation being applied, unless I'm forgetting something). He also said that like the rest of the 3rd World he was forgotten (obviously the 2nd World wasn't). He said nothing that would contradict the 2nd World. Dude. The Third world in the panel is earth. 4th Scan.

Red Hulk
Dude. The Third world in the panel is earth. 4th Scan. Which would contradict anything... because?

fangirl101
Which would contradict anything... because?
Because Gog's history is that of the 2nd world.

quanchi112
My opinion? Sorry. It's fact.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-01-1.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-02.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-03.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-04.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/New%20Gods/th_jkfw-13-05.jpg Things change in comics. Gog is from the third world. How can you deny this?

fangirl101
Things change in comics. Gog is from the third world. How can you deny this? How can you deny that the Prometheans come from the 2nd world. Gog is a bit small tho. maybe he got depowered.

quanchi112
How can you deny that the Prometheans come from the 2nd world. Gog is a bit small tho. maybe he got depowered. It says in a jsa comic he is from the third world. Accept it.

fangirl101
It says in a jsa comic he is from the third world. Accept it. The Third world is Earth. How the hell did he fall from earth to earth? OMG. Use some logic. the writer made a mistake.

quanchi112
The Third world is Earth. How the hell did he fall from earth to earth? OMG. Use some logic. the writer made a mistake. I disagree.

fangirl101
I disagree.
You can't disagree with the scans. the 3rd world is earth. It's canon.

vlaaad12345
So gog fell from earth to earth...brilliant.

Starscream M
You can't disagree with the scans. the 3rd world is earth. It's canon. shut the hellup about this 2nd world crap!

fangirl101
shut the hellup about this 2nd world crap!
Dear dear. Testy tonight.

quanchi112
You can't disagree with the scans. the 3rd world is earth. It's canon. So,is the jsa and their telling of Gog.

fangirl101
So,is the jsa and their telling of Gog.
So Gog fell from earth to earth. except When little gog was fighting the IM, The IM talks about how Gog's time had passed. It called an editorial over site.

Starscream M
Dear dear. Testy tonight. nah...I was jokin. carry on with your kooky theories.

Red Hulk
The Third world is Earth. How the hell did he fall from earth to earth? OMG. Use some logic. the writer made a mistake. That makes sense actually, but how do you expect every other writer to follow one comic box in one comic?

Although, he could have been smashed into the universe only to return to a reinvigorated Earth... meh.

quanchi112
So Gog fell from earth to earth. except When little gog was fighting the IM, The IM talks about how Gog's time had passed. It called an editorial over site. Thats your opinion,but it isnt mine.

fangirl101
Thats your opinion,but it isnt mine. And you just happen to be the New Gods best supporter and expert on the board. LULZ. I'm looking for expert opinions in certan areas.

Mindset
Does it matter where Gog is from?

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Mindset

apparently, it does for these bumpkinss...

Philosophía

No, but it's fun to see Fangirl slapping some logic into these noobs. shifty

Hewhoknowsall
This is Galactus as FULL POWER.

Spite.

quanchi112
And you just happen to be the New Gods best supporter and expert on the board. LULZ. I'm looking for expert opinions in certan areas. It doesnt matter. Writers contradict themselves all the time. Look at how horribly countdown and death of the new gods was done. The first couple of issues of fc were written before those series were even over. Believe what you want,but in the jsa comic Gog was stated to be from the third world.

fangirl101
It doesnt matter. Writers contradict themselves all the time. Look at how horribly countdown and death of the new gods was done. The first couple of issues of fc were written before those series were even over. Believe what you want,but in the jsa comic Gog was stated to be from the third world.
And he's not. the third world is earth.

Bentley
And he's not. the third world is earth.

I'm pretty sure I read he was, in fact, the last god from the Third world.

fangirl101
I'm pretty sure I read he was, in fact, the last god from the Third world.
I'm pretty sure I just posted the scans from the New Gods. The Third World is EARTH.
Now when Infinity man was fighting the Faux gog, He says Gog's time has past. He's talking about the Old Gods. The writer simply thought that the 3rd world must have been where the Old Gods came from. it was the 2nd. And they were actually much much much bigger. Like as big As Promethean giants.

quanchi112
And he's not. the third world is earth. As I said the writer said he is from the third world. Now until its retconned or so it stands. You can disagree all you want,but that isnt going to change anything.

Bentley
Well, since DC's cannon is a mess, we take as cannon the interpretation that is more recent of current stories, and thus more accurate. I guess its safe to say its the one talking about the third world.

smile

quanchi112
Well, since DC's cannon is a mess, we take as cannon the interpretation that is more recent of current stories, and thus more accurate. I guess its safe to say its the one talking about the third world.

smile Agreed.

fangirl101

smile
The writer messed up. He meant the 2nd World. Gog probably got depowered during his fall.

quanchi112
The writer messed up. He meant the 2nd World. Gog probably got depowered during his fall. Prove he messed up. Bentely and I have both said that dc continutiy is really hard to make out sometimes. Until further notice its the third world.

Bentley
The writer messed up. He meant the 2nd World. Gog probably got depowered during his fall.

I agree that its entirely possible that he messed up, but unless the "3rd world" statement happened long after the New Gods joined DC continuity -heck, make it after IC-, its a very shaky ground to stay into.

If the statement gets retconned somewhere else, that would be cool, otherwise... Well, bad writers happen cannon until retcons.

fangirl101
I agree that its entirely possible that he messed up, but unless the "3rd world" statement happened long after the New Gods joined DC continuity -heck, make it after IC-, its a very shaky ground to stay into.

If the statement gets retconned somewhere else, that would be cool, otherwise... Well, bad writers happen cannon until retcons. The 3rd world statement happened in the 4th world. That's very recent for New Gods books.

Bentley
The 3rd world statement happened in the 4th world. That's very recent for New Gods books.

Maybe we could solve the disparity with bios or something. As things state, I'm inclined to think that either there are two three worlds (Earth and Gog's home) or something has been retconned.

Has Gog met any of the Newgods? Who made the statement about his origins?

fangirl101
Maybe we could solve the disparity with bios or something. As things state, I'm inclined to think that either there are two three worlds (Earth and Gog's home) or something has been retconned.

Has Gog met any of the Newgods? Who made the statement about his origins?
The infinity man made the statement that Gog's time had passed. Only the 2nd world had passed. The 1st, 3rd, and at the time 4th, still existed.

Bentley
The infinity man made the statement that Gog's time had passed. Only the 2nd world had passed. The 1st, 3rd, and at the time 4th, still existed.

But he didn't say he was from the second world directly, if this Third World was Gog's it would have passed too. We are to suppose the retconned Third World can be different from Earth and be the past incarnation of the New Gods -now second past-. Take into account that there is no modern relationship between the modern Pantheons -Greek, norse, etc- and the modern depictions of the New Gods.

fangirl101
But he didn't say he was from the second world directly, if this Third World was Gog's it would have passed too. We are to suppose the retconned Third World can be different from Earth and be the past incarnation of the New Gods -now second past-. Take into account that there is no modern relationship between the modern Pantheons -Greek, norse, etc- and the modern depictions of the New Gods.
Yes. There are modern depictions of the greeks, norse and the new Gods. Zeus is on the quintessence with Highfather. Odin and Jove, and Ares, and Zeus and Highfather all merged by highfather's power to become the one. Odin, zeus, and Jove were the strongest becuz of thier links to the original trinity that split the source into two parts. It may have been them or thier fathers.

Bentley
What I mean is that in Kirby cannon, the New Gods followed the end of the old gods. But this guys actually continue to exist. That's why I don't think the Third World and the Old gods refer to Zeus and the others anymore.

Terryc250

..Even Galactus' herald has done that before, Silver Surfer has restored planets, Galactus has ressurected worlds.

Galactus is a universal entity as much as Death itself is, they are siblings.

Starscream M
bizzump

Allankles
Odin, zeus, and Jove were the strongest becuz of thier links to the original trinity that split the source into two parts. It may have been them or thier fathers.

I thought that was the case in relation to all the other pantheons DS had absorbed? That of all the pantheons (outside of the New Gods) Asgard, Olympus had the closest. Who else could have a stronger connection than the gods who were born directly from the death of the old gods?

DigiMark007
galactus isn't a god. gog is.

So's Thor. False logic.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So's Thor. False logic. Horrible logic indeed.

Enyalus
Anyone else completely freaked out by Gog besides me?

It's like Thanos decided to get some gold bling, dress up with an apron, overdose himself on Miracle Grow, and have anti-depressants injected straight into his bloodstream 24-7 to become always happy.

He's very creepy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Galactus wins.

Grinning Goku
Galactus is bigger in the pics, so he wins.

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
Anyone else completely freaked out by Gog besides me?

It's like Thanos decided to get some gold bling, dress up with an apron, overdose himself on Miracle Grow, and have anti-depressants injected straight into his bloodstream 24-7 to become always happy.

He's very creepy.

Gog doesn't have Thanos' purple Skrull look though.

He'd make quite the frightening villain if he went rogue; that odd personality of his.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Gog doesn't have Thanos' purple Skrull look though.

He'd make quite the frightening villain if he went rogue; that odd personality of his.

He's purple and has a weird chin. Close enough. The panel in...JSA 17 (I think) where he was about to go after the Congolese who were making war looked really scary. He was all mad with the pointy teeth and...yeah. Creepy, creepy dude.

Starscream M
do we now know more about Gog to answer this thread?

I'm Bran
do we now know more about Gog to answer this thread? Ya.

He gets destroyed.

Starscream M
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Ya.

He gets destroyed. um, ok.

quanchi112
Galactus in the rapestomp of all rapestomps.

Uxas Khan
Gog 7\10

Xplosive
Don't know well Gog, but know that Galactus at full power is among most powerful in MU. Have no clue who would win.

iceman24567
Galactus after a good battle.

Bentley
Originally posted by iceman24567
Galactus after a good battle.

Galactus will say its a good battle because he is polite.

iceman24567
Galactus will say its a good battle because he is polite. If he tries to be polite he dies.

Enyalus
Galactus at regular power would probably just edge Gog out. Big G at full power...this would be ugly.

iceman24567
I'm assuming you have scans of Galactus at full power getting ugly?

Enyalus
I'm assuming you have scans of Galactus at full power getting ugly?

I did, but my dog ate them. I don't think Galactus wanted anyone to see him naked.

Bouboumaster
Galactus with a german suplex.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus with a german suplex. That would work thumb up

skygunner41
mistress death welome another ugly face and join a threesome with Thanos. Apparently those face like char are mistress favorite.

iceman24567
Originally posted by skygunner41
mistress death welome another ugly face and join a threesome with Thanos. Apparently those like face are mistress favorite. What the f**k?

Mindset
Galactus after a good battle. No, Galactus backhand will kill Gog

Bentley
No, Galactus backhand will kill Gog

That's what he calls a good battle.

Allankles
I didn't read the last issue of 1 World under Gog but from some scans I saw the JSA were able to decapitate him and trap his head in the Source Wall. Now, is he just vulnerable physically or was there some plot device I missed?

Enyalus
I didn't read the last issue of 1 World under Gog but from some scans I saw the JSA were able to decapitate him and trap his head in the Source Wall. Now, is he just vulnerable physically or was there some plot device I missed?

He's vulnerable physically. But moreso when he's uprooted from the Earth....that's where he draws his power from - taking root on a planet after 7 days passes. And Galactus eats planets, so...

iceman24567
I didn't read the last issue of 1 World under Gog but from some scans I saw the JSA were able to decapitate him and trap his head in the Source Wall. Now, is he just vulnerable physically or was there some plot device I missed? No the onslaught that the JSA assembled was too great for him he just out outnumber and overpowered he didn't live up to the hype.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture010.jpg

Enyalus
No the onslaught that the JSA assembled was too great for him he just out outnumber and overpowered he didn't live up to the hype.

How much would you like to bet someone comes in here and makes an argument for why that JSA team would also beat a full power Galactus?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus
How much would you like to bet someone comes in here and makes an argument for why that JSA team would also beat a full power Galactus? Beat? Hell no but considering they have more muscle than actual power i don't see what they could do. Starman, Alan Scott and the Thunderbolt are their best bets and thats with CIS off i guess.

Bentley
Beat? Hell no but considering they have more muscle than actual power i don't see what they could do. Starman, Alan Scott and the Thunderbolt are their best bets and thats with CIS off i guess.

You just hate good old Galan. wink

iceman24567
You just hate good old Galan. wink I don't hate anybody Canadians may be the exception uhuh

Bouboumaster
I don't hate anybody Canadians may be the exception uhuh

mad

iceman24567
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
mad I said maybe uhuh

zeel

Ill mail you $5.00 if you stop worshiping superman and all his versions. Every post you make has some sort of superman brown noseing invovled.

Galactus for the win prolly.

Bouboumaster

... What?

Silver Surfer already bring peoples to life.

And Silver Surfer posses a fraction of Galactus power.

And Galactus is the husband/brother/father/son of Death too.

Enyalus
Husband? Father? Ewww.

skygunner41
Incest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.