LOTF Leia vs TPM Obiwan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan 063
I searched the forum and didn't find this matchup so i thought it would be interesting.

who wins?

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Spartan 063
I searched the forum and didn't find this matchup so i thought it would be interesting.

who wins?

I think that this would be a good fight, Kenobi is only a padawan in TPM and Leia isn't a highly skilled Jedi Knight. I think Leia would be able to pull out the win by her LOTF self.

NonSensi-Klown
Obi-Wan still wins.

Vorpal Ruin
How? What has Kenobi done by TPM? Atleast Leia has defeated numerous Yuuzhan Vong and Alema Rar. Maybe other stuff too, I havn't read a lot of stuff.

Lucien A
Uh, hi! TPM Kenobi killed Maul! Who's Leia bisected recently?

Ultimate Vader
Nah. The force make Kenobi does that move. Think rasional. Can a padawan beat a fully trained sith apprentice? I doubt it. But still I give Kenobi the win, considering he's almost a jedi knight, and use ataru well. also he's not hot-headed. and I have to say that everthing post-10 years after the death of Vader is nonsense and bullsh*t. And also if we think wisely, it can be considered non-canon, because it makes the prophecy and everything Lucas made look like nothing.

Lucien A
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Nah. The force make Kenobi does that move. Think rasional. Can a padawan beat a fully trained sith apprentice? I doubt it. But still I give Kenobi the win, considering he's almost a jedi knight, and use ataru well. also he's not hot-headed. and I have to say that everthing post-10 years after the death of Vader is nonsense and bullsh*t. And also if we think wisely, it can be considered non-canon, because it makes the prophecy and everything Lucas made look like nothing. Dude, I was joking.

Ultimate Vader
No, it's not like that. I do know that it's a joke. Just want to be a smartass.

Lucien A
You're not too good at it, to be blunt.

Ultimate Vader
Sorry. My bad.

Red Nemesis
It is spelled 'rational'. With a 't'.

*Implodes*

truejedi
Originally posted by Lucien A
Uh, hi! TPM Kenobi killed Maul! Who's Leia bisected recently?

bisect? no one. But she sure disected lots of parts off of alema rar. Unfortunately, thats about the only opponent she has even fought in a long time... But she DOES totally own her.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
It is spelled 'rational'. With a 't'.

*Implodes*
You put the period inside the quotation mark.

*explodes*

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
You put the period inside the quotation mark.

*explodes*

My dad the science professor told me otherwise. I don't know why I believed him, but I was just going by the most recent information I recieved. Is it always inside the quotation mark?

Also, the instances that you quoted weren't quotes- they were intensifiers used to indicate that I was dealing with correct spelling of the word instead of the meaning of that word, and the noun 't' instead of the sound that the letter makes when read, respectively.

NonSensi-Klown
No they weren't.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
No they weren't.

Actually, only the second one was even a little bit valid, but let's not get into who is spouting pseudo intellectual BS at whom- OK?

(And FYI- both were completely valid under my explanation. I may have used the incorrect symbol, but unless a greater Nazi (or Autocrat because he has proof) contradicts me, I'll stay by my usage.)

NonSensi-Klown
Actually, only the second one was even a little bit valid, but let's not get into who is spouting pseudo intellectual BS at whom- OK?

Let's do it right now.

Your mother is a whore. The cake is a lie.

Red Nemesis
Let's do it right now.

Your mother is a whore. The cake is a lie.

I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Now it is your mother who is the whore.

NonSensi-Klown
I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Sound waves don't bounce.

Than you are admitting that your mother is indeed a whore?

Gideon
lul harhar.

Red Nemesis

Yes, they do. That is the definition of an echo.

Than you are admitting that your mother is indeed a whore?

Never said that- the accusation bounced harmlessly off of me, because I am rubber. It didn't stick- just like the accusations that Obama was a Muslim. They didn't stick either. He isn't a Muslim, and I'm not the son of a prostitute. You are the progeny of a prostitute, because the accusation stuck to you. It wouldn't stick unless it was true, correct?

Unless you were glue...

Either way, UR MOM LULZ

chilled monkey

I take it you've never heard of echolocation? It's what bats and dolphins do to navigate in darkness. They send out soundwaves and then form an image of what's in front of them by picking up the reflected soundwaves.

There's a technology that uses the same principle called sonar.

NonSensi-Klown
Yes, they do. That is the definition of an echo.

Well played. You're still an asshat though.

wat?

O0o0o0o0o0... burn.

No no. I have, I'm just an idiot.

Red Nemesis
Well played. You're still an asshat though.

wat?

O0o0o0o0o0... burn.

No no. I have, I'm just an idiot.

I like how you lost on every point, and still almost pwnd both of is in that post. Well played indeed.

And again, I am rubber, so the asshat bounces off of me and sticks to you, because you are glue.

You
Are
The
Asshat.

NonSensi-Klown
Both of "us", you mean?

Lucien A
Stop it! Stop it, all of you! There's no need to fight over me like this.

Red Nemesis
Both of "us", you mean?

I have made it my policy not to Nazi misspellings. I was in a rush- Fable 2 is just too addictive. I can only offer my most sincere apologies for the mistake.

(yes Nazi is a verb now)

Darth Subjekt
Well the thing is, the single quotation marks are most notably used when using a quote within a quote. Emphasis being put a word is usually done by putting the word in italic or bold print. It doesn't surprise me that a man who's life and career revolves around science would be incorrect about grammar and punctuation.

The point was, don't be a dick if you are going to remain flawed in your 'nazi-ism'. cool

Red Nemesis
Then what is the correct way to signify a part of a whole? In the past, if I wanted to indicate a single letter I used the single quotation marks to isolate it. What is the correct method?

I honestly didn't know I was wrong. I'll admit to that. I probably won't stop being a dick, though. I'll just make sure of the proper method before I act like an ass again.

(I see how you copied the way I used the quotes as a joke. It made me laugh.)

Darth Subjekt
Bold the letter if you want to isolate one letter of a word.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you either. I'm just having fun with you, and i wanted you to laugh. Hence the cool face. smile I don't care if you flame or bash someone. Lord knows I've done plenty of that in my time.

Red Nemesis
Gotcha.

You really haven't been much of a dick- yet. Keep it that way. big grin

Darth Subjekt
Likewise.

Red Nemesis
Hey look! I wasn't wrong:

http://158.130.17.5/~myl/languagelog/

The quote came from: http://158.130.17.5/~myl/languagelog/archives/000180.html

Ignore the context- the important thing is that punctuation comes after the quotation marks. This is the second time someone on KMC convinced me that I was wrong grammatically when I was initially correct. From now on, none of you have any authority on proper English, or the identification of irony. You all fail (at English and the technical application thereof.)

Darth Subjekt
I'm a pharmacy major who's minoring in English. I think I know what I'm talking about. Look it up. I'm sorry, but you're wrong on this.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I'm a pharmacy major who's minoring in English. I think I know what I'm talking about. Look it up. I'm sorry, but you're wrong on this.

I have since looked it up in a reputable source (my english teacher's usage manual) and you are in fact correct. I still defy anyone (except apparently you) to prove that they have any sort of expertise in anything. From now on I will independently verify any grammatical or factual dispute (outside of the SW mythos) instead of taking others at their word. It just has to be done.

Kudos to you for being initially correct, though.

NonSensi-Klown
Jesus you are an asshat.

Darth Subjekt
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.