Fear Itself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Did anyone see the first 8 episodes of Fear Itself (the 3rd season of Masters of Horror)?

I saw the first episode by Breck Eisner which was ok, I saw Brad Anderson's episode which was a little dissapointing. I saw Stuart Gordon's episode which was pretty good. I really liked Mary Harron's episode. And I've got Larry Fressenden's episode to watch tonight. I didn't bother seeing Ronny Yu's, Landis', or Bousman's.

The next 5 episodes should be back on the air soon, I'll probably watch them all because I have no problems with the directors.

deathbycorn
Larry Fressenden's episode was pretty damn cool. He has made other films like Wendigo and The Last Winter. I think he must be friends wih Guilmero Del Toro because Del Toro gave The Last Winter a very good review and Fressenden uses some actors from Del Toro's films like Ron Perlman and Doug Jones.

It's a short film about the Wendigo legend but different from his feature film Wendigo.

Doug Jones (who was the Faun in Pan's Labyrinth) plays his part very well.

ragesRemorse
I liked the first season of masters. I dont think there was one episode of the second season that i enjoyed. I saw one episode of fear itself. I forget the name of the episode but it was about a farmer who became possessed by a forest demon and tried to eat his family. It was an ok episode. The main problem was the tameness. The acting was good on the part of the possessed farmer.

How many episodes of, "fear itself" is there?

deathbycorn
There is 13 all up. Just like Masters of Horror. 8 have been on TV so far, 5 are yet to air. The first season of MOH had some good eps like Ciggerette Burns and Imprint. The second season had some corkers aswell like Sounds Like by Brad Anderson and The Washingtonians.

The one you saw was Larry Fessenden's Skin & Bone. Its about the Wendigo legend. Awesome episode. The possessed farmer is the same guy who plays Abe Sapien in the Hellboy movies and the Pale man and the Fuan in Pan's Labyrinth.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i thought it seemed very familiar to the Wendigo lore. They may have even said that it was the Wendigo that possessed him in the episode.

I didn't know the farmer played Abe Sapien and the Fuan. Thats aces, i was really impressed with his performance and make-up in that episode.

What other episodes would you suggest from, Fear Itself?

deathbycorn
Yeah the old Indian guy said that his uncle became possessed by the Wendigo and said the same thing was happening to the farmer.

I would suggest watching the first episode about the vampire, Breck Eisner's The Sacrifice. It was a good pilot episode. And I'd also check out Eater by Stuart Gordon - about the cannibal guy in Jail. And also check out Mary Harron's Community if you like movies like The Wicker Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.