Daredevil 2?!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy

Blind
I'm all about a DD reboot man. In fact, I thought I read recently on comics2film.com that is what they're thinking about doing.

BruceSkywalker
The Transporter himself, Jason Statham is the leading candidate

super pr*xy
i say do it. DD is an awesome character. it's a real shame to just let him die with affleck behind the mask..

Cavalier
Not excited about a Statham DD...

Kovacs86

SnakeEyes
Statham would suck as Daredevil. Like you guys have said, I'm all for a reboot of the franchise, but I don't want it to be worse than the one we've got already.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Statham would suck as Daredevil. Like you guys have said, I'm all for a reboot of the franchise, but I don't want it to be worse than the one we've got already.

I agree, hopefully a good actor and story will help if /when they do it

Endrict Nuul
Imo Jason will do a better job than Ben did. Everyone in DD sucked, Colin was a good casting but the script sucked.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Good God. Jason Statham's bald, English and a terrible actor

A terrible actor i don't think so

Goinb by what i've read of that The Bank Job movie he was great in it.

Raoul
Originally posted by Cavalier
Not excited about a Statham DD...

i agree...

though a daredevil reboot, if done well, would be worth it imo... the guy deserves a really good movie...

Quincy
Hmm, I'm surprised that alot of you guys seem to be disappointed in the Statham possibility. Who do you guys think would make the best daredevil?

Kazenji
Val Kilmer ??

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Imo Jason will do a better job than Ben did. Everyone in DD sucked, Colin was a good casting but the script sucked.

What the hell was good about Colin Farrell? He was awful. Michael Clark Duncan was alright though.

Kazenji
Farrell overacted with his time as bullseye.

Scythe
Ha, I smell a Batman Begin/The Dark Knight rehash with a DD setting. Great...

roughrider
They said not long after the first movie, they wanted to "start over" with Daredevil. And I don't want Frank Miller involved - he's stuck in his own style and can't get out of it. And Jason Statham has never shown he can change that accent for a role.

Kazenji
Should go with Val Kilmer he would be a good matt murdock imo but then again he might not want to play another superhero.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Farrell overacted with his time as bullseye.

Yeah, thats my problem also.

Warrior18

Warrior18
Should go with Val Kilmer he would be a good matt murdock imo but then again he might not want to play another superhero.

Problem is.............Val is the wrong side of 40.

Warrior18
I personally think a few years back this guy would have been perfect for the role of Matt Murdock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micheal_Shanks
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0788218/

Endrict Nuul
Oh I know!!!! how about Bale??? he would be perfect.

Warrior18
Oh I know!!!! how about Bale??? he would be perfect.

Lol. Man the guy will probably shoot himself if anyone offers him another superhero role. He is the type who would never want to be type cast.
But Micheal Shanks would have been ideal. He looks like Matt and is even the same height as him too!

Endrict Nuul
How about Ryan Phillippe?? Just beef him up a little.

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/r/ryan_phillippe/ryan-phillippe-6.jpg
http://thesebootsaremadeforstalking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ryanphillippetalksaboutreeseabby.jpg

Bouboumaster
What about.... Ben Affleck? shifty

The Pict

He's pushing 50, I doubt he'd make an impressive Daredevil. I doubt he'd ever be in the DD costume.

Endrict Nuul
Hellz no, not after a crap Batman movie. He tried the SH thingy and it didnt work out so well, Plus hes like 50. His acting career is at a very low level, he hasnt had a A movie in a while, he keeps making B rated movies now. JCVD will make a comeback before Val will.

SpaceMonkey
I liked Affleck in DD. Everyone rags on him, but he did a good job.

Warrior18
How about Ryan Phillippe?? Just beef him up a little.

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/r/ryan_phillippe/ryan-phillippe-6.jpg
http://thesebootsaremadeforstalking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ryanphillippetalksaboutreeseabby.jpg

no

Kazenji
Originally posted by Warrior18
Daredevil 2? I damn well hope so.
Jason Statham? Hell no. The guy is a terrible actor. Have you heard his 'American' accent? sick

Terrible actor i don't think so, Go check him out in some his british movies.

Warrior18
Terrible actor i don't think so, Go check him out in some his british movies.

Yeh..........playing tough guy Brit characters he is fine.
However, watch Jet Li's 'The One' and 'Ghosts of Mars'...........he is awful and his 'American' accent is abysmal. I actually have no idea what kind of accent he is trying to put on to be frank.

Raoul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8357

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8357

i was gonna post this..

hopefully this time DD will be better

Raoul
Fingers crossed...

Darth Jello
I'd rather have Matt Damon as Matt since he looks the part. If Statham had a part in the movie, he would be better as Bullseye or Melvin Potter/Gladiator. Rumors are flying that Katee Sackhoff is doing research into playing Typhoid Mary either in the Deadpool movie or Deadpool. Why hire her when Fairuza Balk is an excellent actress who looks the part?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Rumors are flying that Katee Sackhoff is doing research into playing Typhoid Mary either in the Deadpool movie ?

Thats what that link is about.

Darth Jello
My bad. Anyway, i thought about it and here's who I'd like to see in various parts depending on who they write in to the script-

Matt Murdock/Daredevil-Matt Damon
Larry Cranston/Mr. Fear-Richard McGonacle
Foggy Nelson-Seth Rogan or Kevin Smith
Karen Paige-Elizabeth Banks
Zebediah Killgrave/Purple Man-Ben Affleck
Bullseye-Jason Statham
Melvin Potter/Gladiator-Michael Clark Duncan
Turk-Eddie Murphey
Grotto-Jim Norton
Typhoid Mary/Mutant Zero-Fairuza Balk
Winona Ryder-Milla Donovan
Kingpin/Wilson Fisk-Alec Baldwin with a lot of makeup and effects
Elektra-Anna-Maria Papaharalambous
Heather Glenn-Renee Humphree
Eric Slaughter-Hugh Laurie

Kazenji
For Kingping they should go with John Goodman he played a decent evil guy as the KKK member in O Brother where art thou.

Darth Jello
Yeah, I can see that.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Nuul
Hellz no, not after a crap Batman movie. He tried the SH thingy and it didnt work out so well, Plus hes like 50. His acting career is at a very low level, he hasnt had a A movie in a while, he keeps making B rated movies now. JCVD will make a comeback before Val will. Val is still an A-list actor, JCVD never was and never will be.

Darth Jello
Val Kilmer sucks and doesn't have any of the appearance or mannerisms of Matt Murdock unless your idea of a good Daredevil movie involves nipples, a codpiece, and having every line that the Owl says be some owl or bird related pun.

Mindset
No, it's your opinion that sucks.

Quincy
I think Sam Rockwell could be Matt Murdock

Darth Jello
Matt Damon can act and actually looks like Murdock.

roughrider
Originally posted by Mindset
Val is still an A-list actor, JCVD never was and never will be.

Val Kilmer has hit 50; it's over for him playing a young hero. He could voice Daredevil in a cartoon movie - that's as close as he should get.

The intriguing thing is how Marvel is approaching all future movies. Are they going to tie Daredevil into a larger Marvel universe with the reboot, like what they are doing with the Avenger-related films?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
I think Sam Rockwell could be Matt Murdock

Matt Damon can act and actually looks like Murdock.

interesting choices, Damon did learn the martial arts for the Jason Bourne role so he could work as Murdock/Daredevil

Darth Jello
I've got a 4 movie idea, but then again, i'm not a screen writer, damnit!

Basically I would have movie 1 feature some of the Elektra Saga stuff in the opening credits and have all the background/exposition stuff told at the beginning of the movie via an adaptation of the infamous hospital Russian Roullette scene between Bulls and Daredevil. The rest of movie 1 would deal with an adaptation of the Typhoid Mary story. Movie 2 would adapt Born Again and Last Rites. Movie 3 would adapt Guardian Devil and Hardcore. and Movie 4 would adapt the Murdock Papers and the Devil in Cell Block D, ending the series and maybe tying it into some other marvel property at that point. Thoughts?

Alpha Centauri
They should do it like Born Again/Last Rites, actually.

Make it a sort of revenge/redemption/comeuppance tale, akin to Kill Bill (Which was two volumes).

Let's assume it's a trilogy (Doesn't need to be four movies). Make a very good first movie, end it with Karen Page selling Daredevil's identity. End it on a bad note. Two could essentially be Born Again, three would be Last Rites.

They adapted Sin City shot for shot, why can't they do it with other stories/arcs?

I'd love Christopher Nolan to direct, too.

-AC

Darth Jello
I would want 4 and i would want each to be longer movies. At least TDK length. I wouldn't want some of the wilder guys in the flicks and seriously do not want elektra in it outside the opening credits of the first movie and visions/flashbacks but here's who I do want in the ones I described-

film one- Bullseye (crippled, only in first 15 minutes), Typhoid, Kingpin (having no more than 10 minutes in the movie). And in opening credits only: Gladiator, Stilt Man, Owl, Black Tarantula (as villain), Copperhead.
film two- Kingpin, Nuke
film three-Mr. Fear (taking Mysterio's part), Bullseye, Kingpin
film four-Kingpin, Bullseye, Typhoid, Black Tarantula (possibly setting up a spinoff), Owl.

Alpha Centauri
I don't see that working at all.

Just my opinion.

-AC

jinXed by JaNx
I liked the first Daredevil. It's not a great movie but i think had they left out the Elektra story line and made Kingpin an actual villain other than a blubbering pussy i think the movie could have been one of the best Comic book movies. I think the franchise definitely deserves another chance but for christ sake, leave out Elektra and any kind of romanticism. I don't have a problem with romanticism and i like romantic movies but it annoys the hell out of me that Hollywood feels that EVERY movie needs to have a romantic element. Had Elektra not been in the first film, Daredevil would have had a chance to develop more deeply, instead, half the movie had to be wasted on developing a separate character whom had very little relevance on the story. They could have even focused more on Bullseyes character which would have made the ending more satisfying and intense.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I liked the first Daredevil. It's not a great movie but i think had they left out the Elektra story line and made Kingpin an actual villain other than a blubbering pussy i think the movie could have been one of the best Comic book movies. I think the franchise definitely deserves another chance but for christ sake, leave out Elektra and any kind of romanticism. I don't have a problem with romanticism and i like romantic movies but it annoys the hell out of me that Hollywood feels that EVERY movie needs to have a romantic element. Had Elektra not been in the first film, Daredevil would have had a chance to develop more deeply, instead, half the movie had to be wasted on developing a separate character whom had very little relevance on the story. They could have even focused more on Bullseyes character which would have made the ending more satisfying and intense.

They should leave the Elektra love thing until one of the sequals imo.

Darth Jello
My top acting choices that I want to see are Fairuza Balk or Shirley Manson as Typhoid, Richard McGonagle as Mr. Fear/Larry Cranston, Danny DeVito as The Owl, Jeffery Dean Morgan as Melvin Potter, Jason Statham as Bullseye, Winona Ryder as Milla Donovan, Dwight Ewell as Turk and Matt Damon as Matt Murdock.

BUSTER1
I reckon Nicholas Cage would be a good DD/Murdoch

The Nuul
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I reckon Nicholas Cage would be a good DD/Murdoch

Joking right?

One of the worst picks ever.

The Nuul
I would want 4 and i would want each to be longer movies. At least TDK length. I wouldn't want some of the wilder guys in the flicks and seriously do not want elektra in it outside the opening credits of the first movie and visions/flashbacks but here's who I do want in the ones I described-

film one- Bullseye (crippled, only in first 15 minutes), Typhoid, Kingpin (having no more than 10 minutes in the movie). And in opening credits only: Gladiator, Stilt Man, Owl, Black Tarantula (as villain), Copperhead.
film two- Kingpin, Nuke
film three-Mr. Fear (taking Mysterio's part), Bullseye, Kingpin
film four-Kingpin, Bullseye, Typhoid, Black Tarantula (possibly setting up a spinoff), Owl.

Wont work and yuck.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
Val is still an A-list actor

Nope, not anymore.

Hes done b listed movies for the past few years and he hasnt been a leading role of a major box office hit movie for a long time now. Or even part of one as a supporting actor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Kilmer#Filmography

-Pr-
yeah, that's true.

if the guy who played night owl in watchmen (patrick wilson) got in shape, i could see him doing it...

The Nuul
If Paul Walker or Chris Evans can act better, they aint bad.

PRAYERRUN
Jason statham would make a decent bullseye...

Mr. Rhythmic
To me, MCD was the best Kingpin that'll ever be. He was the one role in the film that was fantastic.

jinXed by JaNx
They should leave the Elektra love thing until one of the sequals imo.

Yeah, that seemed like the logical thing to do. Elektra is complex character who has very important and intricate ties with Daredevil. Why the hell would you want to introduce that into an origin story about Daredevil? Seriously, they did it only because they needed a romantic element and it set the entire film off kilter. Daredevil was a good movie up until Elektra showed up. I'm not saying Elektra is a shitty character or was portrayed by a bad actress it was just to much. That would have been a great sequel that could have introduced new key characters and even carried over into a third movie.

Darth Jello
I think after her own movie, Elektra's role should be left to exposition. Flashbacks and mystical conversations with Matt and like Miller intended, she should stay dead.

Wolfie
I loved the first Daredevil movie and I hope this goes through.
Originally posted by Warrior18
Daredevil 2? I damn well hope so.
Jason Statham? Hell no. The guy is a terrible actor. Have you heard his 'American' accent? sick
Does he even bother with an American accent anymore? I thought he gave that up when he established his career.

Darth Jello
Ok, how about Nicolas Lea as Bullseye?

BruceSkywalker
Ok, how about Nicolas Lea as Bullseye?

i am not sure who that is?? what has he done?

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i am not sure who that is?? what has he done?

Eh?! Remember Alex Krycek from the X-Files?

Darth Jello
Yup. Dye Krycek's hair blond or shave it. There's your Bullseye. He's really good at playing assholes after all although he may be a really good choice for Purple Man as well.

roughrider
I really liked Colin Farrell as Bullseye, but if they're starting over, Nicholas Lea is as good a candidate as any. I'm more interested in who plays DD.

Darth Jello
Bullseye ain't Irish, he's more than likely from either NYC or Texas (or both).

I just want good actors which is why Damon as DD and Nic Lea as Bulls work for me. Jason Statham was definitely an error in judgment on my part.

Kazenji
Bullseye ain't Irish, he's more than likely from either NYC or Texas (or both).

Well it says he grew up in the Bronx.

Darth Jello
Well it says he grew up in the Bronx.

It said that in Greatest Hits which turned out to largely be a fabrication though parts are true. The only completely reliable origin stuff for him comes from Elektra #2 where he is shown living in a trailer park and faking his dad's (probably stepdad's) suicide and Daredevil #49. If we're gonna integrate the two, I'm gonna say he was born and grew up in the Bronx and then got shuffled to a trailer park in Texas. The evidence for this (other than trailer park stereotypes) is the fact that the baseball team he played for is clearly based on the Astros.

Quincy
Damon as Daredevil would never happen

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Eh?! Remember Alex Krycek from the X-Files?

I hardly watched the x files.. has he done other movies or just tv

Darth Jello
I haven't seen him in anything since 2002 but watching the DVD's, he's got the bastard attitude down, he's got a menacing enough voice, and other than his hair color, which can be dyed, he looks like Bullseye.

http://www.csiguide.com/images/nicholas_lea.jpg

Stoic
I've always thought that Eric Stoltz should have played Daredevil. Statham would be an excellent Bullseye, and Affleck should stick to his feelings about never putting on another costume again.

Darth Jello
Watching commentary, Nick Lea would be a good Bullseye (apart from the acting) because he enjoys playing rolls where he gets to be beaten up and thrown around and if anyone's seen the X-Files, he does that a lot. All while having to wear a prosthetic arm.

Stoic
Watching commentary, Nick Lea would be a good Bullseye (apart from the acting) because he enjoys playing rolls where he gets to be beaten up and thrown around and if anyone's seen the X-Files, he does that a lot. All while having to wear a prosthetic arm.

What about Nick Lea's accent can he pull it off? I think Statham could... and what of his Martial arts skills?

Micheal Jai White - John Stewart (Green Lantern)

Darth Jello
Nick Lea doesn't have an accent (maybe a small hint of Canadian) and once again, Lester's not Irish. All he did on the X-Files for 7 years was act well, do insane stunts, use and betray people, act like a total sadist, shoot guns, fight people, and do his own stunts to the point where he could get pretty bloody and bruised. You'd need a bit of CG and stunt doubles for acrobatics but I think he could pull it off.

jayce78
He may be a little too old now but Guy Pierce would have made one hell'ave Daredevil back in the Day!

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63053

roughrider
Been hearing about a reboot ever since the first one came out seven years ago.
Action. Enough talk.

Kazenji
Lets hope Fox can redeem themselves after that Wolverine movie.

roughrider
Lets hope Fox can redeem themselves after that Wolverine movie.

For all of their meddling ways - and that f**ked up WATCHMEN lawsuit brought on at the last minute - they're laughing all the way to the bank with AVATAR right now (probably joking they'll have to build a bigger studio to hold all the box office money.) And contending at the Oscars to boot. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Kazenji
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/02/screenwriter-hired-for-daredevil-movie-reboot/

super pr*xy
a new daredevil movie is long time coming. they need to get on this asap and they need to do it better.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by super pr*xy
a new daredevil movie is long time coming. they need to get on this asap and they need to do it better.

i think a much better origin story with better acting, action should be in the cards

super pr*xy
they need to cast a believable martial artist too. somehow ben affleck in big sunglasses and disheveled hollywood hair doesn't scream kick-ass in the first place.

they can do the origin story like the did the incredible hulk.. all done after opening credits. i think the origin in the first dd movie was adequate enough.

roughrider
Originally posted by super pr*xy
they need to cast a believable martial artist too. somehow ben affleck in big sunglasses and disheveled hollywood hair doesn't scream kick-ass in the first place.

they can do the origin story like the did the incredible hulk.. all done after opening credits. i think the origin in the first dd movie was adequate enough.

There's hardly any martial artists who can act a damn. Unless you want Jason Statham to do this...
Acting ability should come first. Once he's in the suit, use stuntmen where necessary.

And the origin story was half-assed in the first. While they did things like set up his home situation with his Dad, once he got hit with the chemicals it was like he became Spider Man, doing headstands on roofs and beating up bullies with acrobatics - crap. Where the hell was Stick, and the training he needed to master his senses? And I hated that rock score, used instead of atmospheric music. And a showy credit sequence. And Jennifer Garner couldn't even be bothered to dye her hair black to look more like Elektra...
Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, and Jon Favreau as Foggy Nelson were two of the best things in that movie. Plus the innovative Radar Vision we saw.

super pr*xy
i agree with what you said. however, having seen and know of dd's origin, i think i want to get down to the nitty gritty of ass pwnge. flashbacks maybe?

bah!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
There's hardly any martial artists who can act a damn. Unless you want Jason Statham to do this...
Acting ability should come first. Once he's in the suit, use stuntmen where necessary.

And the origin story was half-assed in the first. While they did things like set up his home situation with his Dad, once he got hit with the chemicals it was like he became Spider Man, doing headstands on roofs and beating up bullies with acrobatics - crap. Where the hell was Stick, and the training he needed to master his senses? And I hated that rock score, used instead of atmospheric music. And a showy credit sequence. And Jennifer Garner couldn't even be bothered to dye her hair black to look more like Elektra...
Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, and Jon Favreau as Foggy Nelson were two of the best things in that movie. Plus the innovative Radar Vision we saw.

statham has long been rumored, but i am kind of hoping the actor who plays murdock/dd does some of his own stunts..

and also i hope elektra is not in this at all, this should be strictly about matt murdock and if a sequel then elektra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.