Padme's Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Will Padme die in EpIII...we've been over this before but I think that there ought to be an easy way to measure what was said.
I don't want too much reasoning...more yes vs no

Dexx
ofcourse she will

finti
why is that an offcourse dexx

Ushgarak
We don't KNOW is the point. Certainly not enough to make a judgment call now though if I was forced to I would say that until something comes up to the contrary, what we have now says she does not.

Could anyone wanting to argue this point PLEASE read the thread 'Padme' in the AOTC area first so we don't have to go over the same basic points AGAIN...

jedi_blade
Thank you Ushgarak because I really do have too much to say on this subject and it really doesn't need to be gone over at this point

Dexx
sever reasons
1. she's not in ep. 4 or even heard of in the following episodes.
2. ep. 3 has to be the most "tragic"...the empire being borned, vader transformation, yoda's flee to dagobah, leia ending on alderaan...luke on tatooine. So her death would fit very well in the general "getting worse" situation.

Ushgarak
Did you read that thread like I asked you to, Dexx? You have not answered the big PROBLEMS with her dying in III!

I will repeat again, could people PLEASE read the thread 'Padme' in the AOTC area BEFORE posting their arguments here! I mean it!

Julie
Hey I just want yeses and nos....

jayride
Did anyone watch the Osbornes episode where Jack was fawning over Natalie Portman at the awards show? Man it really took everything inside me not to buy a ticket and fly over there just to beat him over the head with his own severed arm. Lucky to have a rich daddy...I think so. Product of massive over-doses of heroine...I think so too.

Anyway, Padme will die. "Oh the pain!!! *sob, sob*"

Sabrea
she could die in the time between episodes 3 and 4

Dexx
there isn't any refference of her in ep 4 so if she would die in the time span , one would have to be in ep. III. And how would a refference like that be presented?
the last one ush big grin...did't find the other thread

finti
There is no refrences that Vader is Lukes father in ep IV either. You put up some really weak arguments ther Dexx.

She is not important to the stories in EP IV; V & VI thats why you dont hear about her iuntil the scene on Endor.

There is just one really big issue that says Padme cant die in EP III, and that is Leias words to Luke in ROTJ about her mother.

" She was very beautiful, gentle but sad" That indicates that Leia remembers a bit more than just images. which again would indicate padme lived long enoug for Leia to remember these things.

Lucas have to be careful not to contradict the ROTJ episode

Dexx
i'm just saying thins....
i can't immagine a situation in wich Padme is left to die after ep. 3

finti
well wont comment on your imagination or lack of itbig grin but I mean the situation in ROTJ is makes it crystal clear. If Padme is to die in ep III it has to be in an epilogue to the film

Ushgarak
Indeed, and Dexx, that thread is VERY easy to find so please exercise your brain next time.

queeq
I can't believe so many said she will die in EPIII.... I think for sure that cannot be.

Ushgarak
Many of them simply have not thought about it enough or they would have some doubt.

finti
how true

queeq
Indeed..... those ROTJ lines of Leia ruled Padme's death out big time.

Dexx
brain power has nothing to do with it...i just didn't turn the page

About 900 more days and all of this will be answered.

Ushgarak
Sooner. If she dies we'll know well in advance.

Dexx
damn lucas not keeping his mouth shut smile

Ushgarak
I am sure he at least knows how to bother to look at a different page, which I would also appreciate you doing in future when asked.

Dexx
it's a lie.....i've just looked and it was on a different thread..the episode I thread!...i...i...i just couldn't have known...*sobs*

Ushgarak
I SAID the AOTC area, clearly, and twice!

finti
we heard it

Corran
Yes GL would not make a mistake likw that would he?

queeq
Not unless he changes the ROTJ in a special DVD edition.

Ushgarak
It's true, it is not impossible he will just cock it up.

queeq
Please.... I don't even WANT to think about that.

finti
hmmm

queeq
You do, finti?

Julie
It's a fairly simple question...yet we must wait a long time to get the answer....hmm maybe there's a better question

Orlando
I believe Padme will die in Episode III. We know what happens to Anikin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda by the end of the saga, so I don't believe Lucas will leave something as important as Padme's fate to years of speculation by the fans...

Ushgarak
People keep saying that, as if that overrides all the logical problems involved in her dying. But it doesn't, it does not at all, and in any case it is really not that important to show! Why NOT leave it for speculation? People seem to think that would be some kind of crime by Lucas, which is nonsense, and in any case the logical problem still exists.

Orlando
The fate of one of the three main characters of the prequels isn't important? If you say so...

Ushgarak
It's not vital, no. As has been said before, it is nice to know but not ACTUALLY essential. We can assume she dies of a borken heart. I would far rather it be left like that than continuity be buggered up just to satisfy an unncessary need for completism.

Orlando
By that logic, it isn't important to know what happens to ANY of the characters...

Ushgarak
What a complete non sequitur! Nice way to twist my argument so it means something utterly different to what I said. Knowing what happens to PADME is not vital to the rest of the story. OBVIOUSLY knowing how Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda get into the situations we see them in by the time of the Original Triology IS.

We know Padme dies when Leia is young, as said in ROTJ. That is all we need to know.

Orlando
Maybe it's all YOU need to know, but I'm sure there are others who would like to find out what happens. What is unimportant to one person may be very important to another...

Ushgarak
Needing to know isn't subjective, only WANTING to know is. NEED to know things are things vital to the plot and that is irrespective of opinion. Padme's death is not actually ESSENTIAL to the plot in the same way Anakin's fall or the creation of the Empire is.

And as I have said before (and I suspect you have not read the thread that covers all this like I have politely asked people to several times), I DO want to know how she dies, but what I want is not pertinent to this argument, which is not whether we want her to, but whether she actually will. In the world of desire vs. practicality, practicality wins. We have evidence that suggests she cannot die in the film and until that is refuted no amount of wanting will convince me any different.

Orlando
What evidence? You mean what Leia said about her mother dying when she was very young? It's possible that the woman she remembers as her mother wasn't her real mother at all, but someone she was placed in the care of. A scene was filmed for Episode III during the filming of AOTC in which Obi-Wan is seen carrying a baby on Tatooine. The baby, most likely, is Luke. If Obi-Wan is carrying Luke to the Lars family in Episode III then Leia will probably be taken to Alderran as well. If Luke is a baby when he is hidden from Anakin, and he and Leia are twins, then she must be a baby also. I don't think an infant would be capable of remembering its birth mother if they were seperated. Thus, unless Padme hides on Alderran with her daughter, the woman Leia remembers as her mother cannot be Padme. If this is the case, which I'm not saying it will be, but if it is, it is highly possible that Padme WILL die in Episode III. What single event could cause a turn to the dark side quicker than Anakin losing the woman he loves?

Ushgarak
It is specified CLEARLY in ROTJ that Leia is talking about her real mother and is is extraordinarily speculative to say that was someone else when this is clearly meant to be a piece of information give to the audience.

And I do not know what made you think the AOTC scene was Obi-Wan carrying the baby when Ewan McGregor was NOT in Tatooine for that shot. You are confusing rumour with fact.

And you are otherwise proving our point for us. In ROTJ Leia is talking about her REAL mother, as a baby she could not remember her, therefore she cannot die in ep.iii, and again if you had bothered to read the previous thread where this has all been gone through already you would know that is is very old ground.

Again, I politely asked people to do that. If people don't have the courtesy to do that then in future I will tell them to not so politely and simply delete their posts if it goes on.

finti
losing the woman he loves doesnt mean she dies.

Ushgarak
Indeed. In any case, I don;t want this argument being pointlessly rehearsed in two seperate threads, so other than responding to the poll I would like them confined to the thread where these arguments already exist, please.

Orlando
I'm not saying I think Padme will die, just stating that it IS possible...for whatever reason. Not everything in the original trilogy has been truthful, take Obi-Wan telling Luke that Yoda was the Jedi master who instructed him. Obi-Wan was trained by Qui-Gon, not Yoda. Anyways, I'm off to find the other thread...

finti
Well Obi told Luke that Vader betrayed and murdered Lukes father too.
Yoda probably trained Obi Wan as a youngster and he was the only one of Obi`s former mentors that was still alive in EP IV. So from a certain point of view.............

Ushgarak
Well, we all KNOW that is is POSSIBLE, of course! Again, this has all been said before... but our best indication is that she does not.

Meanwhile, Yoda WAS the one who first instructed Obi-Wan, as his line about Yoda at the start of TPM makes clear. And if your first assumption about Padme dying in episode III has to be that Leia was wrong or lying then can you not see that that makes it the less likely option next to that line actually being factual?

Julie
I don't think Leia was lying...I just think that Luke was the one who couldn't remember only for a specific reason...liek the memory was taken or something

finti
this is getting weird now

Ushgarak
I don't believe people would rather believe that Luke has had his memories stolen rather than accept the bloody simple reason for the difference in memories- that Leia spent some years with her mother.

Koon Rulz
Padme's death soon revealed it will be

Julie
ok....so who believes Padme dies before Ep IV...I hope everyone seeing that Leia said she died when she was very young....so how are we definint "very young"....2,3,4....etc?????

finti
oh i think we know she dies before ep IV, Leia might be around 4-5 years

Julie
that's kindergarten age.....I'd think that it would be slightly or even a few years before that....who knows.....we'll find out in a few years .....it's nice to sepeculate though

KJ
Padme will die in Ep3. Leaving her alive at the end makes NO SENSE. The only way that could work is if she was dying in Ep3 and we new that she wouldn't last long after the film ended.

I'm fed up talking about this anyway. But she will die.

Ushgarak
Makes perfect sense to me.

Julie
Uh I guess that's one way to put it...but I didn't ask for a discussion...just a simple yes or no....not that simple is it....*sigh* such is life...
We've been through this exercise before.

finti
ok Julie, NO SHE WILL NOT DIE in EP III

Julie
say it aint so....well that would be nice...but I still think she does die so my answer is YES
....and the cycle continues...
but those who are of the opinion that Padme does meet a premature end in EpIII still outnumeber you so there:-)

finti
well you can all be wrong then big grin

Julie
that's true....but at leaast we're all wrong together then

Member.
Padme definetly dies. We all agree on that.

Ushgarak
Yup, but the crucial question is whether she dies on-screen or not.

Member.
Probably on-sreen so we viewers will know what made it too much for Anakin.

GordonSkywalker
I too believe she will not make it to the end of Episode III.

Ushgarak
But there are severe logical problems with that... heck, this debate ALWAYS goes around in circles!

Julie
oh well.....we have over two years to go around and around...unless of course you are one for spoilers in which case you'll be able to put this debate to rest in less than that

enyafreak
there have been rumours that george lucas will film new scenes and intercut them into Return of the jedi. the scenes will include padme and jar jar binks

Ushgarak
Jar-Jar? Never heard THAT one! But in any case, those rumours were revealed as false a while back.

queeq
Don't worry... it ends in 2005. big grin

Member.
they just started filming. the rumors will start coming out anytime now.

Julie
wahoo......rumor away.....I wanna know...I just can't wait until the movie...I'm such a sucker for spoilers

GordonSkywalker
Please tell me Jar Jar is NOT going to be in Episode 3! I I say Padme will die on screen, as several of my predecessors have already affirmed. Forget any discontinuity with the original Star Wars(aka A New Hope) and let's have some fun in our speculation as to how she dies!

finti
we all know she dies the question was wether it wil be in ep III or not

Member.
does padme really die? maybe she was kidnapped and presumed dead.

GordonSkywalker
Now that is exactly the type of original thinking I am talking about! What if she never died- or at least not when everybody thinks she did? wink

Julie
what if she was in an accident and got amnesia and thinks she's been a nerf herder all her life????

GordonSkywalker
A fascinating thought, Julie! And nobody would realise she was still alive...somewhere!

Julie
nope...she'd just be another hapless citizen of the newly arisen empire.....and a pacifist at heart

GordonSkywalker
What a chilling thought!

Member.
wow, i started a whole new idea, lolstick out tongue

Julie
yeah see where you got us!
hmmm what other crazy ideas can we dream up???

GordonSkywalker
I don't know, give me a minute. Oh....what if Padme lives in secret on Alderann while Bail Organa raises Leia there? Or maybe the memories Leia shares with Luke are NOT of Padme, as we all think? And did Vader ever interact with Leia when she was growing up in the Imperial Senate? These three outrageous ideas should spark more conversation, I predict.

Member.
laughing out loud

justinday15
She will die beause at the end of the movie obi-wan takes Luke to Owen Lars.(so i have read).

Ushgarak
Huh... that's no reason for her to die.

GordonSkywalker
I should say not.

Julie
Nope but a decent theory.....the question is doe justinday15 WANT Padme to die in EpIII or not?

Darth_David
REMEMBER IN THE OLD EPISODES LEIA TALKED TO LUKE AND SAID "I CANT REMEMBER MY MOTHER EITHER. SHE DIED WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG." SO CASE CLOSED sad

Rogue Jedi
leia vaguely remembered her mother. she said she was very beautiful, remember? also that she was happy, but also sad. luke had no memory of his mother.

Ushgarak
Yes... case about as utterly UN closed as you can get!

Rogue Jedi
that is what leia said in ep.6, right? that her mom was beautiful? happy but sad?

Corran
She'll not die in Ep III IMHO, but between Ep III and a new hope.

CaptainTrips
we can only speculate as to how long lucas intends to stretch the timeline in the film..where he will pick up with the story or where he will leave off..its logical to assume that luke and leia will not be in the beginning of the film since vader always knew about his son but never about his daughter..hidden at birth, indicative that anakin had already turned to the darkside..also remember leia said she remembered her mother she "died when i was very young (RotJ)" so im thinking that chances are padme will not die in the film..leia obviously lives with her for a while long enough for her to have memories of her..4? maybe 5 years old? luke disappeared at birth. may the midi chlorians be with you!

Mist
how long must we wait!!!!!!!

Rogue Jedi
a long, long time..... mad mad mad

finti
big grin

Rogue Jedi
not big grin , more like sad miffed no

Orlando
Well, looks like they DID show Padme's death...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.