Beyonce: I Want To Play Wonder Woman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Beyonce wants to be a superhero.

The pop star, whose new album, "I Am... Sasha Fierce," is due Nov. 18, has told the Los Angeles Times that she wants to play Wonder Woman on the big screen

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman?" she asked the newspaper. "It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?"

And she's not just talking about it - the "Cadillac Records" and "Dreamgirls" star has reportedly met with representatives of DC Comics and Warner Bros. regarding the iconic comic book character, an Amazon warrior who wields a golden lasso that makes tied-up villains tell the truth.

"I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character," she said. "It sure would be handy to have that lasso. To make everybody tell the truth? I need that. It would come in very handy."

According to Beyonce, her recent dramatic roles have made her interested in donning Wonder Woman's red-white-and-blue bathing suit.

"After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero,'" she said. "Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy."

While Wonder Woman has never reached the big screen, Beyonce said the Lynda Carter-starring '70s TV series inspired her.

"I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume," she said of Lynda's legendary outfit.

Getting Wonder Woman to the movies would be another breakthrough for Beyonce -- while "The Dark Knight" broke box office records this year with another DC hero, Batman, the superhero genre has been dominated by men, with "Catwoman" and "Elektra" both box office disappointments despite star power from Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner, respectively.

Stoic
Any thoughts? i think she is certainly pretty enough.

Quincy
Terrible

Shes hot. But she is not Wonder Woman.

Stoic
If Samuel L Jackson can play Nick Fury why not Beyonce for Wonder Woman... Looking closely at her I see a strong resemblance to Wonder Woman the only thing different is that Diana's skin is traditionally lighter... but Beyonce isn't exactly very dark... I think with some heavy coaching in the acting dept, she could/would be a clear hit.

Newjak
Originally posted by Stoic
If Samuel L Jackson can play Nick Fury why not Beyonce for Wonder Woman... Looking closely at her I see a strong resemblance to Wonder Woman the only thing different is that Diana's skin is traditionally lighter... but Beyonce isn't exactly very dark... I think with some heavy coaching in the acting dept, she could/would be a clear hit. That's because Ultimate Nick Fury is based on SLJ.

Oddly enough I don't agree with Beyonce as Wonder Woman. Not because of ehr skin color but because I don't think an extreme amazonian warrior when I think of her.

Endrict Nuul
A black Wonder Woman? no thanks.....I cant stand when people want to mess with a character background so much. Little stuff is ok though, but movie DD king Pin still sucks and a bad casting.

Ha Son
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
A black Wonder Woman? no thanks.
no expression

srankmissingnin
Because everyone was craving a second Catwoman...

Newjak
Originally posted by Ha Son
no expression Jason you have returned eek!

Wei Phoenix
A black Wonder Woman? no thanks.....I cant stand when people want to mess with a character background so much. Little stuff is ok though, but movie DD king Pin still sucks and a bad casting.

I actually enjoyed MCD as the Kingpin. He had the build and there isn't a white star that I can think that could pull of the resembelence.

But Beyonce as WW would suck. First of all no version of WW is black second of all I doubt she even knows a thing about her character and may just throw in some of that bulljive Sasha Fierce persona.

BruceSkywalker
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Endrict Nuul
"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman?" she asked the newspaper. "It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?"

Why the hell not? A Black man became the most powerful man on earth. Thats what this is all about. no expression

Grinning Goku

Michael Clarke Duncan did a stellar job as Kingpin. This was because he's simply a good actor. Beyonce Knowles is not.

Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/WonderWomanThumb5.jpg

This was a hoax....but damn!

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Badabing

That is the shit!!! a sexy upcoming star that fits the role perfectly!!!!!!

jalek moye
no no black wonder woman that would be soo stupid. the nick fury thing works since one version of him is based on Sam Jackson.

but the wonderwoman thing is dumb. Thats like having black guy play thor

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jalek moye
no no black wonder woman that would be soo stupid. the nick fury thing works since one version of him is based on Sam Jackson.

but the wonderwoman thing is dumb. Thats like having black guy play thor

Or Tom Hanks playing Black Panther.

hugekent
I don't see how Megan Fox fits the role besides her appearance. She's a young woman who'll probably be the love interest for the rest of her career where as Wonder Woman is a strong independent woman. If Beyonce could act, I'd be all for it.

jalek moye
Originally posted by hugekent
I don't see how Megan Fox fits the role besides her appearance. She's a young woman who'll probably be the love interest for the rest of her career where as Wonder Woman is a strong independent woman. If Beyonce could act, I'd be all for it.
i wouldn't only a white character or someone eaisly passed for white should play her. and even then they must look like her.

Grinning Goku

I'd knock the bottom out of her.

srankmissingnin
She may be getting a bit old but I think Jeniffer Connely would make a great Wonder Woman.

Raoul
it's stuff like this:

It's 'time' for that? What, a white one isn't good enough or something?

if brad pitt turned around and happened to be the biggest black panther fan ever and wanted to make his movie, there'd be riots.

why does it even matter anymore? pick up the comic. find a person who bears some resemblance to the character that's had a consistent look for 40+ years, make sure they can act, and cast them...

its not rocket science...

i'm not mad or anything, just... having one of those 'wtf' moments...

bleh.

jalek moye
exactly what i've been saying I hate when they do stuff like that. its so dumb.

NonSensi-Klown
Nah, black WW= failure.

Kazenji
I'm pretty sure Megan Gale is still Wonder Woman.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Raoul
it's stuff like this:

if brad pitt turned around and happened to be the biggest black panther fan ever and wanted to make his movie, there'd be riots.

why does it even matter anymore? pick up the comic. find a person who bears some resemblance to the character that's had a consistent look for 40+ years, make sure they can act, and cast them...

bleh. Originally posted by jalek moye
exactly what i've been saying I hate when they do stuff like that. its so dumb.

As a black man I agree as well. I wouldn't get excited if I saw a black WW. I would be like "WTF?!"

How about Tom Cruise for Silver Samurai

Antonio Banderas for Cable

Leonardo Dicaprio as Luke Cage

Jackie Chan as Captain America

Hell let Wesley Snipes be Quicksilver.

Kovacs86
And I want to play Storm!

Raoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
As a black man I agree as well. I wouldn't get excited if I saw a black WW. I would be like "WTF?!"

How about Tom Cruise for Silver Samurai

Antonio Banderas for Cable

Leonardo Dicaprio as Luke Cage

Jackie Chan as Captain America

Hell let Wesley Snipes be Quicksilver.

jackie chan would still kick tons of ass, though...

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Kovacs86
And I want to play Storm!

You won't be as hot as Hallie but since DC has a habit of facking up their movies......why the Hell not!

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
She may be getting a bit old but I think Jeniffer Connely would make a great Wonder Woman.

Shes not old, shes around 35.

SpaceMonkey
I'm a big fat guy... I want to play Captain America. Not gonna happen.

Beyonce, please stick to your aweful music, and limited-acting required roles and leave this stuff to the pros. Thanks.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm pretty sure Megan Gale is still Wonder Woman.

As far as I know, she is..

Megan Gale is the perfect choice to portray Diana/Wonder Woman

Endrict Nuul
Nah, Fox is still better although Gale has better breasts.

Magee
Jackie Chan as Captain America laughing

That would be the best movie ever.

Endrict Nuul
I guess it will be Captain HK instead.

BruceSkywalker
Nah, Fox is still better although Gale has better breasts.

I like Megan, but unless she grows say 9 inches, doubt she will be this role..

The Pict
it's stuff like this:

bleh.

Agree completely

DestinyGuy678
it's stuff like this:

bleh. black panther is the king of an african nation, however wonder womans island is fictional and thus it's up to the director to construe it as he may, wonder woman is a a character who could really be played by any race, I don't see why beyonce can't do it....as long as they dont make wonderwoman a musical it'd be fine

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
black panther is the king of an african nation, however wonder womans island is fictional and thus it's up to the director to construe it as he may, wonder woman is a a character who could really be played by any race, I don't see why beyonce can't do it....as long as they dont make wonderwoman a musical it'd be fine

Maybe because the source material is based off of a white woman. If it was another woman from her home then ok but a black woman calling herself Diana whatever that last name is, is just stupid. There are white people in Africa so what is stopping Tom Hanks from being that king?

DestinyGuy678
Maybe because the source material is based off of a white woman. If it was another woman from her home then ok but a black woman calling herself Diana whatever that last name is, is just stupid. There are white people in Africa so what is stopping Tom Hanks from being that king? because a large part of the black panther comics has been the fact that black panther was black, wonder woman being white was never really a big part in her stories, a more apprpriate comparison in my opinion would be making steel or john swtewart a different race...which I dont see a problem with

Wei Phoenix
because a large part of the black panther comics has been the fact that black panther was black, wonder woman being white was never really a big part in her stories, a more apprpriate comparison in my opinion would be making steel or john swtewart a different race...which I dont see a problem with

But every story has her as being white so they would have no way of justifying her being black in the movie. If they replaced Steel or the GL with a white or hispanic or anyone else then I would be upset. Just because their stories don't focus around their color doesn't mean that it is ok to change it.

jalek moye
because a large part of the black panther comics has been the fact that black panther was black, wonder woman being white was never really a big part in her stories, a more apprpriate comparison in my opinion would be making steel or john swtewart a different race...which I dont see a problem with
um wonder woman is an amazon. which are mostly white and besides shes been white for ever thats how she should be. if you are gonna make a film about a character dont make them somone they arnt.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Quincy
Terrible

Shes hot. But she is not Wonder Woman.
Wonder Woman is Kate Beckingstale or how ever you spell it.

The Pict
Originally posted by fangirl101

That would be awesome!

Kate Beckinsale = Hottest woman ever!

However I don't think she could pull off WW convincingly? hmm

BruceSkywalker

Love Kate Beckinsale , but she has turned down the role in the past, so unless something changes she will not be this character

fangirl101
Originally posted by The Pict
That would be awesome!

Kate Beckinsale = Hottest woman ever!

However I don't think she could pull off WW convincingly? hmm
kate can pull of anything. She's been a house wife to Adam Sandler, A vampire, werewolf huting princess, and a vampire, werewolf hunting, immortal. I love her.

Raoul
black panther is the king of an african nation, however wonder womans island is fictional and thus it's up to the director to construe it as he may, wonder woman is a a character who could really be played by any race, I don't see why beyonce can't do it....as long as they dont make wonderwoman a musical it'd be fine

she's an amazon based on greek legend. that part has never been in dispute at all.

that's never changed in what, 60 years of comics?

dunno about beckinsale, but i'd take her over beyonce any day... at least beckinsale can act...

BruceSkywalker
kate can pull of anything. She's been a house wife to Adam Sandler, A vampire, werewolf huting princess, and a vampire, werewolf hunting, immortal. I love her.

Yes Kate can off anything, but not Wonder Woman..

I feel this way about Beyonce doing this role..

Warner Bros' must want this film to FAIL AND FAIL BADLY, if they really are serious about hiring a singer to do an actresses role..

Beyonce is just hot and some of her songs are jams, but as an actress, she cannot act her way out of a toilet seat..

Here's a better choice for WW, Jennifer Hudson, at least she has an academy award to her name.. laughing laughing

Kovacs86
You won't be as hot as Hallie but since DC has a habit of facking up their movies......why the Hell not!

Wow. Thanks.

The Pict
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Here's a better choice for WW, Jennifer Hudson, at least she has an academy award to her name.. laughing laughing

So does Halle Berry. She should get cast, I think she'd do well as a DC comics chara....wait a second hmm

BruceSkywalker
So does Halle Berry. She should get cast, I think she'd do well as a DC comics chara....wait a second hmm

Hey I was just going to to suggest Halle...

This has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime, McG is a leading candidate to direct WW..

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE5yTa7518Ud7d

56motader
y'all's racist. 'Specially Endrict.

Warrior18
Years ago Terry Farrell form Deep Space Nine would have been perfect in my opinion. She is damn tall (about 6 foot) and could look very Amazonian, which quite frankly Kate Bekinsdale is not.

Raoul
Originally posted by Warrior18
Years ago Terry Farrell form Deep Space Nine would have been perfect in my opinion. She is damn tall (about 6 foot) and could look very Amazonian, which quite frankly Kate Bekinsdale is not.

terry farrell... damn, i'd never put the two together... and she even looked a little like diana...

tis a pity farrell doesnt like the sun, though...

Alpha Centauri
My opinion on skin colour in superhero movies is this:

If their skin colour is directly inherent to their story, then keep it as it is. E.g; Black Panther.

If it's not, like Blade, then do whatever you want. Blade just happens to be a black man, he could easily have been a white man or an asian man, but by chance, he wasn't. Black Panther has to be black.

I'm not entirely versed on Wonder Woman, so I don't know.

-AC

jalek moye
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
My opinion on skin colour in superhero movies is this:

If their skin colour is directly inherent to their story, then keep it as it is. E.g; Black Panther.

If it's not, like Blade, then do whatever you want. Blade just happens to be a black man, he could easily have been a white man or an asian man, but by chance, he wasn't. Black Panther has to be black.

I'm not entirely versed on Wonder Woman, so I don't know.

-AC
i think the color should be the same as the comic character. and wonder womans island is from greek legend and they all are related to the greek gods which are white.

ragesRemorse
Wonder Woman isn't black

Stoic

But she had no butt, her back was as flat as a wall.

Warrior18
But she had no butt, her back was as flat as a wall.

confused

She is tall, the same height as Wondie pretty much.
She would look insanely amazonian especially if she bulked up for the role.
Anyway, she is well over 40 now so she can't play wondie. smile

Raoul
If they replaced Steel or the GL with a white or hispanic or anyone else then I would be upset.

what about hal jordan? kyle rayner? alan scott? guy gardner?

Wei Phoenix
what about hal jordan? kyle rayner? alan scott? guy gardner?

If a white guy plays them then i'm pissed.

You know I meant the black GL.

DestinyGuy678
um wonder woman is an amazon. which are mostly white and besides shes been white for ever thats how she should be. if you are gonna make a film about a character dont make them somone they arnt. its the same as catwoman, shes been white in the comicbooks yet in her movie she was black. and there have been black amazons (pretty sure) honestly its not like it would completely change the character

The Pict
its the same as catwoman, shes been white in the comicbooks yet in her movie she was black. and there have been black amazons (pretty sure) honestly its not like it would completely change the character

That wasn't Selina Kyle in Catwoman

Wei Phoenix
its the same as catwoman, shes been white in the comicbooks yet in her movie she was black. and there have been black amazons (pretty sure) honestly its not like it would completely change the character

Yeah because a black catwoman did great in the box office.

Endrict Nuul

WTF are you smoking?

Catwoman sucked balls and flopped big time at the box office, one of the reasons is that it wasnt close to the real Catwoman. Wtf? a black WW wont change the character? damn right it will. Just like what if they casted LL Cool J as Wolverine instead of Hugh. Now, would X-Men and Wolverine have the success they have if they did this? HELLZ NO!! There are black Canadians you know! laughing laughing

This aint Xena they are messing with here, there are a lot of fans and history with this character. They shouldnt screw with it by changing the skin color just because Beyonce feels she can. This hole this thing is just because a black man became the most powerful man in the world. I think I can I think I can.......

Endrict Nuul
That wasn't Selina Kyle in Catwoman

So, I guess now there can be a WW movie but its not Dana, its some other character.

Raoul

if a white guy played john stewart, yes, that would be dumb as, well...

So, I guess now there can be a WW movie but its not Dana, its some other character.

don't even joke about that...

Badabing
So, I guess now there can be a WW movie but its not Dana, its some other character. Don't make me hurt you. crackers

As for this thread. The studio is going to do whatever will make them the most money.

56motader

If a white guy plays traditionally white characters you're pissed? K

WTF are you smoking?

Catwoman sucked balls and flopped big time at the box office, one of the reasons is that it wasnt close to the real Catwoman. Wtf? a black WW wont change the character? damn right it will. Just like what if they casted LL Cool J as Wolverine instead of Hugh. Now, would X-Men and Wolverine have the success they have if they did this? HELLZ NO!! There are black Canadians you know! laughing laughing

This aint Xena they are messing with here, there are a lot of fans and history with this character. They shouldnt screw with it by changing the skin color just because Beyonce feels she can. This hole this thing is just because a black man became the most powerful man in the world. I think I can I think I can.......

Biggest Bigotry rant I've read here in a while. You're clearly a racist.

Diana.

roughrider
While Megan Fox lives and breathes, I see no reason for Beyonce to play Diana. wink

I don't mind Diana being more dusky, being of Greek heritage, but a mulatto like Beyonce is going too far. Sorry. There are characters out there who are 'racially neutral', but WW isn't one of them. Same with this idea of Will Smith playing Steve Rogers/Captain America.

Badabing

This was a hoax....but damn! Originally posted by roughrider
While Megan Fox lives and breathes, I see no reason for Beyonce to play Diana. wink
You're a good man Charlie Brown.

fascistcrusader
I don't even like Wonder Woman, but Megan Fox in that outfit is worth the ticket price.

jltruth
Actually wonder woman looks Italian or Brazilian. She does not look like a typical white woman.

The Pict
Originally posted by jltruth
Actually wonder woman looks Italian or Brazilian. She does not look like a typical white woman.

Italians are white Europeans....

Besides she always has white skin and blue eyes. And she's supposed to be from an island based of Greek mythology (again Greeks being white European)

However I think we might all be looking a little too deeply into this topic? I really, really don't see Beyonce getting cast as Wonder Woman.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by 56motader
If a white guy plays traditionally white characters you're pissed? K

Biggest Bigotry rant I've read here in a while. You're clearly a racist.

Diana.

It was clear that I was joking.

Also after rereading Endict's post I didn't see any racism or bigotry in his post. Would you really like to see a black wolverine? Clearly Beyonce's quote supports his "I think I can" comment.

Endrict Nuul
It was clear that I was joking.

Also after rereading Endict's post I didn't see any racism or bigotry in his post. Would you really like to see a black wolverine? Clearly Beyonce's quote supports his "I think I can" comment.

Yeah, 56s post is a fail. He missed the point of my post. You cant mess with a characters history that have been around for years. People bitched about Transformers because Bay change their looks. Catwoman was a huge flop and one of the reasons is they changed the looks of her. Same shit here, they shouldnt change WWs looks. Especially just because someone feels they can, I think I can fly a plane, that doesnt mean I can.

Wei Phoenix
see he isn't saying that the movie will fail because it is a black person. He is saying that it will fail because they aren't the same race as their comic version. Would you like to see antonio banderas play Magneto or Galactus?

Raoul
see he isn't saying that the movie will fail because it is a black person. He is saying that it will fail because they aren't the same race as their comic version. Would you like to see antonio banderas play Magneto or Galactus?

banderas would look dreamy in all that purple, though...

Endrict Nuul
But Antonio Banderas could play Black Tarantula in a new Spider Man Movie.

Warrior18
But Antonio Banderas could play Black Tarantula in a new Spider Man Movie.

Isn't tarantula supposed to be 6 foot 5 or something? Banderas would need some serious lifts lol.

Endrict Nuul
Isn't tarantula supposed to be 6 foot 5 or something? Banderas would need some serious lifts lol. And Hugh Jackman is not 5' 4

stick out tongue

You get my point.

hugekent
Monica Bellucci would've made an awesome WW a few years back. I haven't seen her in a while, but maybe she still could.

Wei Phoenix
And Hugh Jackman is not 5' 4

stick out tongue

You get my point.

Now that was extremely racist and bigoted.

Reported!

Endrict Nuul
Now that was extremely racist and bigoted.

Reported!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i308sX3C3PA

stick out tongue

Badabing
Originally posted by hugekent
Monica Bellucci would've made an awesome WW a few years back. I haven't seen her in a while, but maybe she still could. I <3 Monica.

roughrider

No, it's because some characters can have their race changed and it wouldn't change who they are, but other characters it doesn't work.

We have to remember how it was rare to have black characters of any substance up until a few decades ago. For decades it was white characters being written & drawn by white men in their 20's to 40's. Then more visibility came for blacks & other minorities, and TV & films started to usher in a new age of multiculturalism in the 1970's. Comics eventually started to follow. Of course things are often so set in stone with comics - because fans are leery of change - that it's difficult to get around what's already established, while still trying to reflect the multicultural society that is North America.

A character like Steve Rogers, can never be played by a Black actor. No one will believe a black man in 1940's America would be chosen to become the symbol of America to her enemies overseas. Now, Isaiah Bradley would be a different angle...
Putting aside the Halle Berry fiasco, a black Catwoman wouldn't bother me at all, so long as she was sexy & smart.
Someone like the Black Widow, it's not possible to go with anyone other than a white actress, if she's supposed to be Russian.
But Wonder Woman? I don't think so. I think the character can be played by someone of Latino or Mediterranean background, but not black.

The actress who was cast for the aborted Justice League movie - Megan Gale - certainly had the look, and she was of mixed English/Polynesian background.

Beyonce can wait until Justice League gets off the ground, and go for the part of Vixen.

Wei Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i308sX3C3PA

stick out tongue

Wait did you just threaten to place your foot in my ass in various situations and called me a dumbass for three minutes and sixteen seconds?

Raoul
I <3 Monica.

who doesn't...

Endrict Nuul
Wait did you just threaten to place your foot in my ass in various situations and called me a dumbass for three minutes and sixteen seconds?

Not really, if you did report me than yes. But of course you didnt for it was a joke just like my post.

stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
If she could act it honestly wouldn't matter. I wouldn't mind it if Naomi Campell was the White Queen (Emma Frost) but I don't think she could act.

jalek moye
actually it would matter alot of people would complain about a black wonder woman (including me) Black people should stick to playing black characters. Honestly why not just make a movie about someone like wodner woman that happens to be black if she wants to be her so bad. But it has to be somebody that looks white or latino or close. Blacks just too different.

ExodusCloak
actually it would matter alot of people would complain about a black wonder woman (including me) Black people should stick to playing black characters. Honestly why not just make a movie about someone like wodner woman that happens to be black if she wants to be her so bad. But it has to be somebody that looks white or latino or close. Blacks just too different.

To each their own, maybe it would matter to you but not to me. I'm not saying that WW needs to be black, I'm saying if she could act then why not.

The White Queen thing though could be an interesting development IMO if she were black.(But she has to sound British IMO)

Raoul
naomi campbell... laughing out loud

ExodusCloak
naomi campbell... laughing out loud

stick out tongue

To bad she can't act. I want to see violence. And I like the idea of the actor having the Codename White Queen and being black.

Maybe they could keep Captain America white but make him muslim.

I should take over the Ultimate Universe...it can't get any worse then it is...barring Ultimate Spiderman which was alright when I read it a while back.

Raoul
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
stick out tongue

To bad she can't act. I want to see violence. And I like the idea of the actor having the Codename White Queen and being black.

Maybe they could keep Captain America white but make him muslim.

I should take over the Ultimate Universe...it can't get any worse then it is...barring Ultimate Spiderman which was alright when I read it a while back.

honestly, it would kill the actual believability of the characters if they didn't look like their comic counterparts... if jim rhodes was white or emma was black, i'd look at it, and it just wouldn't click with me that it's the character i read about every month...

regardless of acting quality...

ExodusCloak
honestly, it would kill the actual believability of the characters if they didn't look like their comic counterparts... if jim rhodes was white or emma was black, i'd look at it, and it just wouldn't click with me that it's the character i read about every month...

regardless of acting quality...

I suppose and I guess with the Animated Show depicting different appearances it'd be a bad business decision. As you'd end up confusing people.

Although it would work in the Ultimate Universe IMO.

Raoul
I suppose and I guess with the Animated Show depicting different appearances it'd be a bad business decision. As you'd end up confusing people.

Although it would work in the Ultimate Universe IMO.

well, ultimate, or any parallel universe, is a blank slate... you can make a black nick fury or a gay colossus (though i hated that), and it works, because parallel earths means a carte blanche to do as you please...

ExodusCloak
well, ultimate, or any parallel universe, is a blank slate... you can make a black nick fury or a gay colossus (though i hated that), and it works, because parallel earths means a carte blanche to do as you please...

Truth.

I didn't like the gay Colossus either but I can't really think of anything to separate him from his 616 counterpart.

Maybe they should have made him a stalinist?

I didn't like the gay Colossus either but I can't really think of anything to separate him from his 616 counterpart.

Iceman really should have been the closest case.(See that Family guy thing)

Banshee should have been an American pretending to be Irish. stick out tongue

Raoul
Truth.

Iceman really should have been the closest case.(See that Family guy thing)

Banshee should have been an American pretending to be Irish. stick out tongue

laughing

ExodusCloak
I got an idea for a thread...

Mystique a man...who shapeshifts into a women.

Jean a corpse.

Storm a sexual deviant.

Xavier and Magneto should have been lovers.

Nightcrawler an atheist.

This is Morrison type stuff. ;P

Raoul
I got an idea for a thread...

Jean a corpse.

Storm a sexual deviant.

This is Morrison type stuff. ;P

it is, isn't it?

as long as you leave cyclops alone...

Endrict Nuul
it is, isn't it?

Chris Tucker should be the next Cyclops and Ratner still directs.

Raoul
Chris Tucker should be the next Cyclops and Ratner still directs.

ratner gets WAY too much flak imo...

singer wasn't exactly nolan was he...

ExodusCloak
it is, isn't it?

Done just as long as Wasp is Pyms Vietnamese wife that he "ordered" off the internet and keeps chained in his basement.

ratner gets WAY too much flak imo...

singer wasn't exactly nolan was he...

That's true. I don't like any of the X-Movies...

Raoul
Done just as long as Wasp is Pyms Vietnamese wife that he "ordered" off the internet and keeps chained in his basement.

is there a nude scene? if so, done.

me either, though i'm sure half of kmc knows that by now lol...

ExodusCloak
is there a nude scene? if so, done.

We can arrange that...although it will be tastefully done unlike that scene in Ultimates 3 and most of Greg Lands work.

Raoul
We can arrange that...although it will be tastefully done unlike that scene in Ultimates 3 and most of Greg Lands work.

works for me...

hmm, ideas beginning to form... mhmm

Wei Phoenix
Not really, if you did report me than yes. But of course you didnt for it was a joke just like my post.

stick out tongue

Tahaha I could report you for conditionally threatening me.

Endrict Nuul
works for me...

hmm, ideas beginning to form... mhmm

Please stop derailing the thread Thanks.

You both have been warned.

Raoul
Please stop derailing the thread Thanks.

You both have been warned.

laughing out loud

Endrict Nuul
Tahaha I could report you for conditionally threatening me.

evil face

Endrict Nuul
How about Jolene Blalock?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/SeanReevesDude/jolene-blalock-more-pic-5-big.jpg

Jolene Blalock's list of Special skills and interests: Tennis, surfing, ice skating, skateboarding, rollerblading, roller skating, kickboxing, Thai-boxing, photography, and snowboarding.

http://www.joleneblalock.us/jolene-blalock-trivia.php

Warrior18
How about Jolene Blalock?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/SeanReevesDude/jolene-blalock-more-pic-5-big.jpg

Jolene Blalock's list of Special skills and interests: Tennis, surfing, ice skating, skateboarding, rollerblading, roller skating, kickboxing, Thai-boxing, photography, and snowboarding.

http://www.joleneblalock.us/jolene-blalock-trivia.php

She was dwarfed by everybody on Enterprise. I doubt she would have the sheer physical presence needed for the role.

56motader
Yeah, 56s post is a fail. He missed the point of my post. You cant mess with a characters history that have been around for years. People bitched about Transformers because Bay change their looks. Catwoman was a huge flop and one of the reasons is they changed the looks of her. Same shit here, they shouldnt change WWs looks. Especially just because someone feels they can, I think I can fly a plane, that doesnt mean I can.

Or it was a flop like Elektra was a flop. Because it sucked. No, you're still a racist, that can't spell, as evident in my last post. Kthx

jalek moye
Or it was a flop like Elektra was a flop. Because it sucked. No, you're still a racist, that can't spell, as evident in my last post. Kthx
no hes not a racist your an idiot. Almost all of us here agree with his statement and we arnt racists.

roughrider
I don't see any racists on this thread; just people being reactionary to positive criticism. Stop with the threats of reporting, it just looks juvenile.

BruceSkywalker
She was dwarfed by everybody on Enterprise. I doubt she would have the sheer physical presence needed for the role.

Love Jolene, but I agree

Cavalier
Catwoman was a flop because it sucked. Not because they changed the character's ethnicity. That would only matter if the world was as full of racists as this thread is.

Especially Endrict. He's got a record of racism.

56motader
Originally posted by Cavalier
Catwoman was a flop because it sucked. Not because they changed the character's ethnicity. That would only matter if the world was as full of racists as this thread is.

Notice how worked up people get when accused of being racist? Lawlz...

ExodusCloak
I thought Patience Philips existed for years though? I remember picking up a Catwomen issue years back before the movie came out thinking it was Selina but it turned out to be a Catwoman in a purple costume who had black hair and was a of mixed race. I also remember seeing the name Patience Philips. I never bought the issue but I always thought the movie was based off her. confused

jalek moye
Originally posted by Cavalier

ok so we're racists because we hate it when characters from comics have their race changed?

Endrict Nuul
ok so we're racists because we hate it when characters from comics have their race changed?

They are just trolling me again....

jalek moye
they are acting like we wouldn't say the same thing about a black character getting changed to a white one.

Magee
It's the fact she says "It's time for that, right?" What the **** is that supposed to be mean? Wonder Woman should not be black, Beyonce is barely brown never mind black.

Imagine a black actor playing Superman. ninja

jalek moye
Originally posted by Magee

that would be the most retarded thing i have seen done in awhile

Symmetric Chaos

I heard somewhere that was part of Nightcrawler's original origin.

56motader
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I heard somewhere that was part of Nightcrawler's original origin. na, she was going to shapeshift into a man, impregnate Destiny, bada bing, bada boom. They changed it though.

56motader
that would be the most retarded thing i have seen done in awhile racist

Wei Phoenix

I must ask you what race are you? I find it funny how you just throw out that everyone here is racist because they don't want a black Wonder Woman much less one played by Beyonce who has yet to show that she could do action movies. You are one to talk about spelling. "kthnx" is not a word. You sir are racist.

Notice how worked up people get when accused of being racist? Lawlz...

Notice how idiotic people sound when they just accuse everyone of being racist?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Magee

Only if it's Samuel L. Jackson. That would be the most epic black Superman ever.

redhotrash
WonderWoman is supposed to be Greek no? And throwing race and color out the window, Beyonce sucks, plain and simple. People credit her for her acting in a few movies, but what did she play? A SINGER. Thats like giving Mary Kate Olson credit for playing a little kid. Not to mention by all reports Beyonce is a very stuck up, diva'ish singer.

Darth Macabre
Beyonce as Wonder Woman? No thank you, but I'd be happy to give her a part as Vixen as a consolation prize.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Beyonce as Wonder Woman? No thank you, but I'd be happy to give her a part as Vixen as a consolation prize. Agreed. Come to think of it she could be Vixen. Better than the likely choice of Halle Berry.

Darth Martin
Beyonce would kill as Storm though!

jalek moye
racist
ulrealize that i'm black right so why would i be racist aginst them. and know im not self hating most of my freidns are black also.

DestinyGuy678
the person who is best for the role should play it, wit hcertain haracters I dont feel it would matter if it be white, black, asian, or hispanic. Wonder woman, green lantern, as long as there origin doesnt directly specify their race I dont see a prolem...

jalek moye
the person who is best for the role should play it, wit hcertain haracters I dont feel it would matter if it be white, black, asian, or hispanic. Wonder woman, green lantern, as long as there origin doesnt directly specify their race I dont see a prolem...
it basically does the island is almost all white greek women. I'm not sure if there are black ones and they are then they are rare. But i feel for movies based on existing chars the actor should look somewhat like them

Leobama
Fellas . . . . . . . . . nevermind. As much as I'd like to see Beyonce running around in her drawls . . . . . . . . I guess you're rite. But dang . . . . . .

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Beyonce as any superhero would suck since she can't act.

fangirl101
it basically does the island is almost all white greek women. I'm not sure if there are black ones and they are then they are rare. But i feel for movies based on existing chars the actor should look somewhat like them the island isn't full of Greek Women. It's full of Women thru out history that have been killed by their abusive husbands and lovers given a second chance at life by the Greek Goddesses and Hermes. hipolyta isn't even Greek persay. She was the very first woman killed by her husband. She was pregnant at the time. When the Goddesses revived the souls of the women, hippolyta lone was pregnant and always felt that longing even tho she couldn't figure out why. which is where Diana's soul comes in. Anyway, general Phillipus or how ever you spell her name is black. there are many diverse amazons.

Sadly, Beyonce is not Wonder Woman. She should be a background amazon dying on the battle field in a flash back.

jalek moye
the island isn't full of Greek Women. It's full of Women thru out history that have been killed by their abusive husbands and lovers given a second chance at life by the Greek Goddesses and Hermes. hipolyta isn't even Greek persay. She was the very first woman killed by her husband. She was pregnant at the time. When the Goddesses revived the souls of the women, hippolyta lone was pregnant and always felt that longing even tho she couldn't figure out why. which is where Diana's soul comes in. Anyway, general Phillipus or how ever you spell her name is black. there are many diverse amazons.

Sadly, Beyonce is not Wonder Woman. She should be a background amazon dying on the battle field in a flash back.
*shrugs* i was just going by how the amazons are normally shown as white

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Darth Martin

At this point in time Ru Paul would kill as Storm. no expression

Raoul
At this point in time Ru Paul would kill as Storm. no expression

says alot, doesnt it...

ExodusCloak
says alot, doesnt it...

That's what happens when you get mix an Oscar and a Razzie.

Raoul
That's what happens when you get mix an Oscar and a Razzie.

yup... *cries*

psycho gundam
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Beyonce wants to be a superhero.

The pop star, whose new album, "I Am... Sasha Fierce," is due Nov. 18, has told the Los Angeles Times that she wants to play Wonder Woman on the big screen

And she's not just talking about it - the "Cadillac Records" and "Dreamgirls" star has reportedly met with representatives of DC Comics and Warner Bros. regarding the iconic comic book character, an Amazon warrior who wields a golden lasso that makes tied-up villains tell the truth.

"I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character," she said. "It sure would be handy to have that lasso. To make everybody tell the truth? I need that. It would come in very handy."

According to Beyonce, her recent dramatic roles have made her interested in donning Wonder Woman's red-white-and-blue bathing suit.

"After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero,'" she said. "Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy."

While Wonder Woman has never reached the big screen, Beyonce said the Lynda Carter-starring '70s TV series inspired her.

"I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume," she said of Lynda's legendary outfit.

Getting Wonder Woman to the movies would be another breakthrough for Beyonce -- while "The Dark Knight" broke box office records this year with another DC hero, Batman, the superhero genre has been dominated by men, with "Catwoman" and "Elektra" both box office disappointments despite star power from Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner, respectively. i don't know about anyone else, but the idea of a wonder woman movie sounds foolish. the thought of beyonce, a singer not an actor for christ's sake playing her is just more reason for warner brothers to just put it on indefinite hold.

they should focus on making a good superman film for once. hint: have superman actually fight someone worth a damn, then maybe they can do a....... *yawn* wonder woman movie.

Nestical
why does a superhero have to be played by a black person to be considered "bold"?people like beyonce need to be drug in the street & shot.i would much rather see a selma hayek as WW than beyonce,but i guess that wouldnt be considered "bold".honestly,why do blacks always think things like this are owed to them?i hate hearing"its time for a black president " & other such bs,because if i dont agree im racist.what if i was to say its time for an latino president?or an asian?or indian?why is it if i say we don not NEED a black president im racist,but if i say we need a latino president to which im sure the blacks wont agree,they are not racists?i only have a problem with the blacks that feel theyre owed something because of something that happened hundreds of years ago.they themselves never went through slavery.& before anyone does call me a racist,just know i have a gf thats half black which also makes my daughter partially black.anyways,lol,F beyonce we DO NOT NEED A BLACK WW

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nestical
why does a superhero have to be played by a black person to be considered "bold"?people like beyonce need to be drug in the street & shot.i would much rather see a selma hayek as WW than beyonce,but i guess that wouldnt be considered "bold".honestly,why do blacks always think things like this are owed to them?i hate hearing"its time for a black president " & other such bs,because if i dont agree im racist.what if i was to say its time for an latino president?or an asian?or indian?why is it if i say we don not NEED a black president im racist,but if i say we need a latino president to which im sure the blacks wont agree,they are not racists?i only have a problem with the blacks that feel theyre owed something because of something that happened hundreds of years ago.they themselves never went through slavery.& before anyone does call me a racist,just know i have a gf thats half black which also makes my daughter partially black.anyways,lol,F beyonce we DO NOT NEED A BLACK WW

Whoa slow your roll dude, who said blacks think they are owed something here? No one said this would be a bold move or anything like that. I don't know if you were reading other posts but many black people like myself also disagree with a black WW, we also disagree with Beyonce in a comic movie.

Also I don't think you're racist, but I find it funny that your only defense to not being racist is the fact that you're married to a half black chick. Its funny that you had to defend yourself in that way without even being accused.

Madvillain
That's like having Danny Glover play Cyclops...lmao...

no, no, no.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Nestical

Way to release that pent-up angst in the form of unecessary tirades and over-the-top outburts there champ. You'd do better to express your skewed viewpoints and lunacy on the streets of Harlem rather than on a message board where noone in particular cares what you have to say though. I suggest a remedy for you would be a lot of fresh air, and perhaps a healthy dose of vag...well, good luck on your journey towards growing a pair.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>