Future Trunks Vs GT Trunks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantevsKratos
i think there is a differences between the 2 but im not sure who is stonger

Csdabest
Im pretty sure Future Trunks is alot stronger than cell. If he was developed he most likely could have been as strong as Gohan at the end of DBZ all Mystic and crap. Trunks was actually stronger the cell. And just about as strong as him before he buffed all out going all grade 3 Ronnie Coldman on Cell. So definetly Future Trunks.

The present was not ready for the strength of Trunks.

DantevsKratos
i see

yungz22
future trunks.. gt trunks couldnt even reach future trunk's power unless he was fused.

Csdabest
Yep. If future Trunks storyline was continued and he was developed on into the buu saga w/ justice. He most likely would have been the second strongest w/ a doubt in my mind. He was already surpassing his father in strength. Just battle tactics was in favor of Vegeta and he was just a smart fighter.

The main reason why FTrunks is stronger is because his life was alot ruffer and he has been trainning and fighting his entire life. GT trunks had it easy. Hurts my feelings Ftrunks was just kicked out of the story when he went back to the future. Should have just stayed in the present and trainned with Vegeta.

Kento
The fact GT Goten had trouble with Pui makes me think Future Trunks is stronger since Goten and Trunks are around the same power. Though GT Trunks just looks weaker than even EoZ Trunks if you ask me.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Csdabest
Yep. If future Trunks storyline was continued and he was developed on into the buu saga w/ justice. He most likely would have been the second strongest w/ a doubt in my mind. He was already surpassing his father in strength. Just battle tactics was in favor of Vegeta and he was just a smart fighter.

The main reason why FTrunks is stronger is because his life was alot ruffer and he has been trainning and fighting his entire life. GT trunks had it easy. Hurts my feelings Ftrunks was just kicked out of the story when he went back to the future. Should have just stayed in the present and trainned with Vegeta.

His power in the same form as Vegeta- "Regular" Super Saiyan 1 isn't higher than Vegeta's. He's stronger than Vegeta as a "bulked up" Super Saiyan, but slower- Cell ridiculed him for that and Trunks realised why his father had apparently stopped getting stronger- because he had been working on speed, and presumably been trying to reach Super Saiyan 2. Vegeta's control of energy is greater (Trunks and Cell were amazed by the degree of focus in Vegeta's Final Flash attack) and his speed and strength at Super Saiyan 1 are slightly higher, but he can't turn into a bulked up Super Saiyan.

I agree that Future Trunks is stronger than GT Trunks tho- GT Trunks is a wimp. Goku's power drops sharply when he's turned into a kid, but he's still a better fighter than Trunks is. Trunks doesn't even fly much, he uses a car instead, and spends his time managing capsule corp instead of training.

Csdabest
I could have sworn Vegeta stated that trunks or it was trunks that stated He was stronger in the same form as vegeta and was holding back his power. difference is and I agree vegeta skills and tactics are better. Trunks was still beating the crap out of Cell If remember serves me right before he went all sluggishly slow. Just he didnt really have enough power to put him down for the count. So he kept bulking up and getting stronger and slower and stop beating the crap out of him as he got slower. Trunks at a time could have very well destroyed cell if he wasnt childish. Which is why i say that if Trunks stayed in the present. and trainned. He would have most likely been a hell alot stronger than Vegeta by the time Buu came along.

jimBOFH
I could have sworn Vegeta stated that trunks or it was trunks that stated He was stronger in the same form as vegeta and was holding back his power. difference is and I agree vegeta skills and tactics are better. Trunks was still beating the crap out of Cell If remember serves me right before he went all sluggishly slow. Just he didnt really have enough power to put him down for the count. So he kept bulking up and getting stronger and slower and stop beating the crap out of him as he got slower. Trunks at a time could have very well destroyed cell if he wasnt childish. Which is why i say that if Trunks stayed in the present. and trainned. He would have most likely been a hell alot stronger than Vegeta by the time Buu came along.

Trunks did say he had surpassed Vegeta in strength, and was holding back, before he fought Cell. Cell is toying with him at first- and Trunks isn't winning- before he goes Ultra. Cell tries to compete with him in terms of strength at first, to test out his body, and Trunks is stronger. However Cell's speed is much greater, and after he mocks Trunks about his slow speed, Trunks says that that was what Vegeta was doing in the final months of training- trying to increase his strength without decreasing his speed. Trunks absolute power is greater- he can punch harder and output more energy than Vegeta in SSJ Ultra. However he would lose in a fight with Vegeta at this stage.
Trunks is clearly not stronger than Cell at the time of the Tournament, or at least not enough to beat Cell. Vegeta is stronger than Cell, in the sense that when he goes berserk after Cell kills Trunks, Cell can't block or dodge his attack. However, he's not able to defeat Cell, who regenerates stronger still (due to Vegeta's own DNA, ironically).

Terryc250
Actually main timeline Trunks seemed to have more potential imo, Future Trunks struggled to reach SSJ level as a teen while Trunks easily attained SSJ as a kid, Future Trunks only had training from Future Gohan (who was weaker then just about everyone in the main timeline) the fighters in the main timeline had more resources to get more powerful like the room of spirit and time, the gravity thing that vegeta trains on, etc. All future trunks had was a quiet training place with gohan who is extremely weak compared to his main timeline counterpart gohan.

I'm not saying MainTimeline Trunks is stronger, i'm just saying MainTimeline Trunks had potential to be far more powerful then Future Trunks, his 'ruffer life' didn't really have anything to do with him being more powerful, most of his power came from him coming to the main timeline, and actually training seriously, unlike his MainTimeline counterpart.

jimBOFH
Well, genetically they're both identical. They should have the same potential power, but their actual power differs due to Future Trunks being much more similar to Goku and Vegeta (he's had to grow up hard, and thinks like a warrior), while Chibi Trunks/GT Trunks, despite Vegeta's best efforts, has grown up soft due to the peaceful times.

Incidentally, although there's nothing in the manga or anime to explain this, the number of Super Saiyans, and the increasingly young age at which they attain Super Saiyan status, seems to suggest that there's some sort of external stimulus that's triggering Super Saiyans to emerge- consider that Goten and Trunks didn't undergo the same extreme emotions in order to transform that Goku and Vegeta did.
This is just speculation, but given that the Super Saiyan state is only used for fighting highly dangerous opponents, since it can only be sustained for a finite period of time, isn't it possible that the Saiyan race has evolved so that the presence of several nearby Super Saiyans could trigger other saiyans to transform? After all, if times were so dangerous that there were Super Saiyains using their full power regularly, then from an evolutionary point of view the Saiyans are better off with more Super Saiyans. However, due to the stress it places on the body, weaker individuals would be worse off turning into Super Saiyans if it was unecessary. So, it would make sense if Saiyans reacted to other Saiyans transforming near them- and since Vegeta transforms into a Super Saiyan regularly while training with Trunks, this would mean Trunks would be more likely to transform into a Super Saiyan despite his young age.
Like I said, that's just speculation- make of it what you will.

Csdabest
Originally posted by jimBOFH
Well, genetically they're both identical. They should have the same potential power, but their actual power differs due to Future Trunks being much more similar to Goku and Vegeta (he's had to grow up hard, and thinks like a warrior), while Chibi Trunks/GT Trunks, despite Vegeta's best efforts, has grown up soft due to the peaceful times.

Incidentally, although there's nothing in the manga or anime to explain this, the number of Super Saiyans, and the increasingly young age at which they attain Super Saiyan status, seems to suggest that there's some sort of external stimulus that's triggering Super Saiyans to emerge- consider that Goten and Trunks didn't undergo the same extreme emotions in order to transform that Goku and Vegeta did.
This is just speculation, but given that the Super Saiyan state is only used for fighting highly dangerous opponents, since it can only be sustained for a finite period of time, isn't it possible that the Saiyan race has evolved so that the presence of several nearby Super Saiyans could trigger other saiyans to transform? After all, if times were so dangerous that there were Super Saiyains using their full power regularly, then from an evolutionary point of view the Saiyans are better off with more Super Saiyans. However, due to the stress it places on the body, weaker individuals would be worse off turning into Super Saiyans if it was unecessary. So, it would make sense if Saiyans reacted to other Saiyans transforming near them- and since Vegeta transforms into a Super Saiyan regularly while training with Trunks, this would mean Trunks would be more likely to transform into a Super Saiyan despite his young age.
Like I said, that's just speculation- make of it what you will.

I respect your thought and speculation. But it took me like 5 reads to understand what the hell you were trying to say. But it made sense in the end/

Terryc250
Potential as in, to get stronger, not genetically speaking but in terms of lifestyle, because they both are living different lives with different people. The point i was trying to make was that Future Trunks rough life didn't really have much do to with his power.

For example, Future Trunks(with his rough life) at 8 years old vs MainTimeline Trunks at 8 years(with his casual laidback life) , who would win? Maintimeline Trunks would curbstomp FutureTrunks, because he is already a super saiyan at age 8.

Luminatus
No it didn't.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Luminatus
No it didn't.
Really? There's no official power levels, but it seems like it has, excluding SSJ4. Either that or Vegeta has become a lot stronger since EoZ.

Terryc250
But now that i think about it, i guess his rough life actually does have something to do with his power, in terms of mentality, he has a higher fighting spirit.

To Future Trunks, power/strength is far more important to him because of the harsh life he and his family/friends had to live because he lacked strength, thats why even though he lacked the resources in his timeline, he took full advantage of it when he came to the main timeline, and trained seriously, unlike MT Trunks who doesn't take training seriously, which in the end made FutureTrunks more powerful then MainTimeline Trunks.

jimBOFH
Well, while he's a kid, MT Trunks is trained by Vegeta pretty much non-stop, which would account for his superior strength at age 8, with and without super saiyan.
However, unlike Future Trunks, he doesn't really think the same way Vegeta does- he's not focussed on training and fighting, which in the end makes him weaker than Future Trunks.

Terryc250
You just said everything i said in different words no expression lol

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Terryc250
You just said everything i said in different words no expression lol
Lol- hivemind much?

Luminatus
Originally posted by jimBOFH
Really? There's no official power levels, but it seems like it has, excluding SSJ4. Either that or Vegeta has become a lot stronger since EoZ.

peQZoTuLJQE

Mind you this is Base Goku. It took Super Buu and SSJ3 Gotenks to blow away a dimensional wall back in Z.

jimBOFH
peQZoTuLJQE

Mind you this is Base Goku. It took Super Buu and SSJ3 Gotenks to blow away a dimensional wall back in Z.
You can't compare that to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber breakout, for 2 reasons- first, the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and Seguroku Space appear to have different rules (an energy blast wouldn't work in the HTC because it has no physical boundaries, whereas Seguroku Space does, apparently) and second, Buu, Gotenks and Piccolo didn't break out by using their power- rather it turned out to be a matter of harmonics, like breaking a glass by playing its resonance frequency loud enough.

So I don't think that demonstrates Goku as any stronger than he was before- remember, even in their natural state, he and Vegeta were far stronger than the Supreme Kai anticipated could be possible (and also many times stronger than the Kai himself). If the supreme overseer of the universe couldn't foresee the potential of the saiyan race, then it's a fair bet no one else did either (except Freiza, as it happened)- so the dimension was probably not designed to withstand even moderate attacks from fighters such as Goku and Vegeta at EoZ.

Luminatus
It wasn't all just harmonics. It had something to do with ki. otherwise Gotenks going to SSJ3 wouldn't make a bit of difference as his voice doesn't change.

Also, at the start of GT, Goku and Majuub fighting in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber was actually shaking the Lookout. That means the battle was so intense, shockwaves were crossing dimensions.
That doesn't make sense but it's what happened.

There's other feats too like Goku beating Super Perfect Cell and Frieza easily while at base to show how far he's come.
Throwing in powerscaling too, General Rildo was said to be stronger than Majin Buu and Goku fought him while only at SSJ1 and then SSJ2.

jimBOFH
Rildo doesn't seem stronger than Buu- if he is, i guess maybe Goku's power level hasn't dropped. I would have expected it to have risen a lot over the 8 years between EoZ and GT anyways- but look at how much trouble he has beating Vegeta in GT. I know Vegeta was possessed by Bebi at the time- but this couldn't increase his power that much, as Tuffles aren't warriors. E.g. When Vegeta is fighting Bebi Gohan, and comments on how weak he is, Bebi says that the strength is Gohan's not his. So it's essentially Vegeta fighting Goku in terms of strength, and Vegeta is stronger until Goku goes SSJ4.

Luminatus
Actually, I am pretty sure Goten remakrs when he senses Baby's energy that he's stronger than anyone they had ever faced. And this is Baby without a body.
You're right though that Baby is not a fighter. He has power but no real skill or intelligence with it.

But you're right, GT Vegeta was a lot closer to Goku in power. I kinda like that because in Z, he got left in the dust at the end. All the Buus, Goku, Gohan, all > him. But in GT he's maybe just a little under Goku at the end.

Terryc250
I always assumed the entire reason the plot made Goku turn into a kid was so that he would be more weaker and more worthy to fight opponents, and not just destroy everyone easily. But i never even finished Dragonball GT so i don't know.

jimBOFH
I got the feeling he was constantly sidelined in Z for plot reasons- however, he's the only character who, over the entire Z & GT series, essentially keeps pace with Goku. He's rarely in front, and as you said he's often not even in 2nd place- but he's usually in the same "order of magnitude" as Goku in terms of power, whereas almost everyone else- Tien, Gohan, Piccolo, Freeza, Android 18, pretty much any character you can name- eventually falls by the way side.
His soliloquy in GT about being the only one powerful enough to truly understand Kakarot's strength is a pretty accurate summary of this- in general, he's powerful enough to push Goku to his limits but he can't beat him.

With reference to Bebi- most of his strength seems to be devoted to controlling his subject- he needed to be stronger to control Trunks, for example, but this strength doesn't seem to amplify the powers of Gohan or Goten much- I think whatever increase to the subjects power there is is an addition, not a multiplication. E.g. Adding 5000 power to an ordinary human is a 1000 fold increase, but adding it to Vegeta would hardly be noticeable.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Terryc250
I always assumed the entire reason the plot made Goku turn into a kid was so that he would be more weaker and more worthy to fight opponents, and not just destroy everyone easily. But i never even finished Dragonball GT so i don't know.
That's what i thought too, though by the end of GT clearly they've stopped with that idea.

Terryc250
Yeah but if it were full powered Adult Goku from the beginning of the series and not kid Goku, and the GT writers wrote opponents that were Adult Goku worthy, then Pan and Trunks wouldn't have much of a place in combat, because Adult Goku imo, can beat both Pan and Trunks with one hand.

Luminatus
Kid Goku could do that too... Kid Goku could still go SSJ1, 2 and 3. Trunks was still just an SSJ (an SSJ who hadn't fought for years to boot) and my poor Pan never went Super Saiyan.
So he'd destroy Pan and Trunks even as a child.

jimBOFH
From what you see of Trunks and Pan fighting in GT, adult Goku could have taken them without even going Super, easily. Kid Goku might need to go Super to beat SSJ Trunks, but he'd definitely win.

DantevsKratos
peQZoTuLJQE

Mind you this is Base Goku. It took Super Buu and SSJ3 Gotenks to blow away a dimensional wall back in Z. how did they get a identical voice for goku after like 10 yrs

jimBOFH
Well, i'm guessing that the voice artist for Kid Goku also does other stuff for the show. Look at the Simpsons- they have like, 6 main voice artists doing about 30 characters each.
I know Vegeta and Piccolo are played by the same actor in the American dub. (incidentally, how weird does the UK dub sound? Cell in particular sounds completely different, and much less impressive IMO. I think the American version's Perfect Cell sounds much better)
Also, they could have had another voice artist just doing a good impression of the original voice.

yungz22
Originally posted by DantevsKratos
how did they get a identical voice for goku after like 10 yrs
the guy who does teen gohan's voice does kid goku's voice

Terryc250
Originally posted by DantevsKratos
how did they get a identical voice for goku after like 10 yrs
This probably isn't true but, alot of the times the voice actor is like a 50 year old lady anyway, voices dont change much from age 50 to 60 lol

jimBOFH
Mostly, adult characters are voiced by someone of their own approximate gender/age. Kids seem to be mostly voiced by women though- like Bart Simpson.

deathcon27
future trunks got 2 train with vegeta in the time chamber and recieved training from future gohan but despite a slow start hes pretty strong but a dbz vs dbgt match isnt accurate becuz in dbgt they make every1 from dbz look weak so i think future trunks would win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.