SF1 Ryu VS Rock Howard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
both rookies take each other on. who wins?

Kirikaze Fuuma
Rock Howard wins.

Sado22
as much as i would want him to win.......Rock loses IMOsad
Ash is after all a sneaky, shrewd little asscake. Rock is still a rookie.

DarkC
SF1 Ryu was still a bit of a squirt though.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Sado22
as much as i would want him to win.......Rock loses IMOsad
Ash is after all a sneaky, shrewd little asscake. Rock is still a rookie.

this is SF1 Ryu VS Rock Howard thread. why did you bring Ash? confused

Sado22
sorry. my bad....didnt' have my coffee and slept on 2 hours last night sad

Darkstorm Zero
Pretty even actually...

Although I'm not too familiar with Rock's accomplishments.... honetsly...

Sado22
Rock's feats:
crying, b!tching, moaning, whining, snotnosing, complaining, cribbing, hissyfitting, tantrum throwing, rebelling, and hiding the fact that he's actually gay

Darkstorm Zero
Oh, I see...

Well then wouldn't Ryu pimpslap the mega-emo punk?

Sado22
well, its not like ryu had any feat back in SF1 either. that's why i made this thread. a fight between two rookies with no feats.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, but other than the whole Dark Hadou thing, Ryu wasn't exactly a whiny pimpslapped ***** either...

Man of Violence
Both don't have any feats at this point but Ryu did manage to nearly kill Sagat. So Ill say Ryu or maybe a draw.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, but isn't that Dark Ryu's feat?

if the Dark Hadou feats are involved, then Ryu anally rapes Rock so badly he'd nearly tear the por kid in half with his Dark Hadou powered penis...

Man of Violence
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, but isn't that Dark Ryu's feat?

if the Dark Hadou feats are involved, then Ryu anally rapes Rock so badly he'd nearly tear the por kid in half with his Dark Hadou powered penis... Aint Ryu and Evil Ryu the same guy? Can't he go Evil like Goku goes Super Saiyin?

Sado22
rock would probably like it too hysterical

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Man of Violence
Aint Ryu and Evil Ryu the same guy? Can't he go Evil like Goku goes Super Saiyin?

They are, but Ryu only EVER went Dark once canonically, and that was whey he ripped Sagat a new blowhole...

And no, Ryu doen't transform like that, it's more like the choice bitween using the Light Side of the Force and the Dark side, one risks corruption.

In a way, Dark Ryu would be more like Gouki, Gouki fell to the Dark Hadou's corruptive influnece so completely that he has almost no chance of being human ever again.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Benedict Sado22
Rock's feats:
crying, b!tching, moaning, whining, snotnosing, complaining, cribbing, hissyfitting, tantrum throwing, rebelling, and hiding the fact that he's actually gay

I-drop wont like that one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
yeah...but I-drop is probably a girl laughing

occultdestroyer
Rock Howard.
Seems to be more versatile.
Very balanced set of moves: fast, technical and powerful.

This is SF1 Ryu vs the son of Geese Howard. Nuff said.

Sado22
good point. Rock did have more experience than ryu did at SF1 because Rock has always been fighting. he also grew up sparring with the legendary Terry Bogard. while ryu was training with ken who was at his own skill level, rock was sparring with a living legend. he also has the bloodline working for him.

really, good point there occult. i didn't actually think about it that smile

Man of Violence
They are, but Ryu only EVER went Dark once canonically, and that was whey he ripped Sagat a new blowhole... But he knows how...

And no, Ryu doen't transform like that, it's more like the choice bitween using the Light Side of the Force and the Dark side, one risks corruption. I aint gonna lie, I don't know shit 'bout Star Wars but it seems he can use the Dark Hadou easily if he wants to.

Like if it's a fight to the death, what's stoppin'im?

Kirikaze Fuuma
But he knows how...

I aint gonna lie, I don't know shit 'bout Star Wars but it seems he can use the Dark Hadou easily if he wants to.

no, Ryu can't do that. even he don't understand what happened to him. here's what I get from plot guide :

even he had no idea what happened to him laughing

I-Drop
Rock wins. Ryu had no control over SNH. & Rock's honestly not the sportsman Sagat is. Whereas Sagat would try to help him up, Rock's a bit of a bastard so he'll just throw a jacket at him.Originally posted by Sado22
Rock's feats:
crying, b!tching, moaning, whining, snotnosing, complaining, cribbing, hissyfitting, tantrum throwing, rebelling, and hiding the fact that he's actually gay If Rock's gay it's because he was raised by a gay.Originally posted by Sado22
yeah...but I-drop is probably a girl laughing no expression Not cool. You can ask your mom what I am, son. evil face

Sado22
you sound like a chum who dropped outta uni and went back to grade school. you're mom jokes are old news mane big grin

I-Drop
Nah. That was a good one.

Sado22
this one was lame too, junior big grin

P-Geyser
I wish I writing for SNK(not Playmore). I would have Terry kick Rocks Rick Schroder's silver spoon a$$ to the curb. wink

Sado22
you'd probably suck with that kinda syntax, american foo mad

I-Drop
laughing out loud

P-Geyser
you'd probably suck with that kinda syntax, american foo mad

Shut up you KyoIori lovin FOO! mad mad

Kirikaze Fuuma
hysterical

P-Geyser
You keep laughing and I just might make a Kyo vs Dante thread OR Kratos. Though knowing you, you will run and cry to the mods.

Kirikaze Fuuma
if you made that thread intentionally to spite any fans of Kyo, then I'll do it.

P-Geyser
F**k any fans of Kyo......sorry I cant help it. With the shit that I have to put up with.

I-Drop
Sure you can help it. You're better than that. You can hate Kyo all you want, but it's dumb to hate ALL his fans for stupid shit. Life is too short to waste time hating. What you gotta put up w/that's so horrible? I just finished arguing w/some idiot 'netgangsta on youtube who couldn't accept that Terry beating gods ain't canon. He used that shit to try and say Terry'd beat up Iori. While I might hate him for being such a dickeating @sshole(the netgangsta, not Terry), I'd be a moron if I hated all Terry's fans for that. You feel like you been ratted on? Hate the guy who ratted you out. But 1st consider why they ratted you out. Being pissed about it won't change what happened though. What we really need to focus on is who'd win in a scrap between Rock & SF1 Ryu. This would be great if it could stay on topic.Originally posted by Sado22
good point. Rock did have more experience than ryu did at SF1 because Rock has always been fighting. he also grew up sparring with the legendary Terry Bogard. while ryu was training with ken who was at his own skill level, rock was sparring with a living legend. he also has the bloodline working for him.

really, good point there occult. i didn't actually think about it that smile laughing out loud you rarely think @all when it comes to Rock. Does this change your vote.

Sado22
hard choice man. i have to pick between the most overrated loser on the planet (next to wolverine) and the a cliched snotnosed punk whose dad is the only reason why he's even getting a gimmick.

hey! i just realized that i practically described Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Randy Orton eek!

laughing out loud

~Sado

Man of Violence
IMO, it's a tie, I really doubt Rock will push Ryu into SNH and at this point, no fighter has feats to speak of.

Wouldn't that just piss'im off and make him use the Dark Hadou even more.

occultdestroyer
This is SF1 Ryu, the n00b one.

Rock Howard would definitely take more wins.

Man of Violence
How? He has nothin' over Ryu. Except style...

Sado22
ditto. he's naturally gifted, has special bloodline, lots of power and lots of hands-on experience. he's also had a tougher life. Rock also has enough power to bring down a mansion with a move that doesn't even strike the ground like terry's...Rock just brought it down with deadly rave which is a "projectile" like super. that's an amazing power feat for a 17yo kid. heck, ryu at 33 never did anything better than that laughing out loud

power: rock
speed: rock...come and tlak when Ryu can run towards you only to do it so fast he blurs out of vision and comes right behind you
experience: rock
versitality: rock
ability: rock (no dojo dork)

Rock wins 8/10

occultdestroyer
How? He has nothin' over Ryu. Except style...
He is Ryu's superior in almost every attribute, except perhaps Power.

Have you ever had the chance to control this guy?
This guy is a BEAST! Too fast and too powerful for a 2D character.
Almost too cheap to be a non-boss character.
He has the speed of Terry Bogard, and the power of Geese Howard.
He's more like Akuma of SF, who has the best balance of Ryu's power and Ken's speed.

Man of Violence
ditto. he's naturally gifted, has special bloodline,So

lots of power and lots of hands-on experience. So does Ryu

he's also had a tougher life.That doesn't make you a good fighter

Rock also has enough power to bring down a mansion with a move that doesn't even strike the ground like terry's WHAT, that mansion aint go down cuz of Rock's move, did it even go down?...

heck, ryu at 33 never did anything better than that laughing out loud WTF, Ryu can wreck sky scrappers wit regular special moves.

power: rock
speed: rock...come and tlak when Ryu can run towards you only to do it so fast he blurs out of vision and comes right behind you
experience: rock
versitality: rock
ability: rock (no dojo dork)

Rock wins 8/10 None of what you said proves he is better and the dude can only blur for 2 special moves.

Man of Violence
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
He is Ryu's superior in almost every attribute, except perhaps Power.

Have you ever had the chance to control this guy?
This guy is a BEAST! Too fast and too powerful for a 2D character.
Almost too cheap to be a non-boss character.
He has the speed of Terry Bogard, and the power of Geese Howard.
He's more like Akuma of SF, who has the best balance of Ryu's power and Ken's speed. Your talkin' about game play gameplay...

Sado22
dude, SF1 Ryu DOES NOT have a power feat. so even suggesting that he is stronger than Rock is stupid. in fact, Ryu hasn't had a power feat up until SF3:3rd strike.

Rock's power feat: bringing down a huge palace/mansion by doing his Deadly Rave, which was a stronger version of Geese's. Notice also that rock didn't do it INSIDE the mansion but outside it. what brought down the place was the IMPACT of the move. that's bloody impressive. in fact, i think that's one of the most impressive feats in SNKverse, at least for the regular cast people.

~Sado

Sado22
his power is naturally in him, and its strong cuz its from geese.

ryu was a dojo dork. Rock wasn't.

granted, but that never stops people from brining up how ryu's a true warrior for constantly living a harsh lifestyle. your buddy remulus brought it up once too.

of course it went down, foo. did you even play the game? Rock brought it down.

no he cant. we've been through this before. SFA hadoukens feat DIRECTLY contradict stuff from canon sources AND udon comics.

of course it does. if the guy's WAY faster, WAY stronger, more experienced, more versatile and has more natural ability.........it means he better.

that was low, man.

~Sado

Man of Violence
dude, SF1 Ryu DOES NOT have a power feat. so even suggesting that he is stronger than Rock is stupid. in fact, Ryu hasn't had a power feat up until SF3:3rd strike. I NEVER said he was stronger than Rock, WTF is up wit you people?!

Rock's power feat: bringing down a huge palace/mansion by doing his Deadly Rave, which was a stronger version of Geese's. Notice also that rock didn't do it INSIDE the mansion but outside it. what brought down the place was the IMPACT of the move. that's bloody impressive. in fact, i think that's one of the most impressive feats in SNKverse, at least for the regular cast people.

~Sado I'm gonna go check that endin' out. If it's true than Rock wins. I like Rock MORE than Ryu. I didn't say Ryu would win, I said it was a tie.

I-Drop
Let me know when you get the results. Everything Sado says has to be doublechecked. If true this also puts Rock's power feats above his mentor's. Waaay above.

Sado22
that's rich coming from somebody he's been downplaying geese and anything else from FF and KoF since day one. i recall you talking about "geese falling off a building and dying" to make him look bad. oh and who downplays Ryo by saying stuff like "his projectiles can be stopped with a fist" laughing out loud

and do you people NOT recall the falling palace at the end of virtually EVERYBODY's ending? seriously...

~Sado

I-Drop
That game was out like 9 years ago right?

Sado22
i remember it. IIRC everyone's ending had Kain tell them to gtfo immediately or they'll die. we don't see it Rock's ending but practically EVERYONE else's ending has the place fall apart and they have to bail out.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/a/garourock.htm

I-Drop
That contradicts the shit out of what you said about Rock doing it w/the NDR.

Sado22
no it doesnt. did you NOT see the palace wrecked in virtually everyone's ending? practically everyone's ending has them make it out of there in the nick of time with Kain telling them to hurry?

why not Rock's? for one, they WERE fighting outside. secondly, it was the MANSION that fell not the columnade OUTSIDE that damn mansion since it wasnt even holding up anything but statues.

~Sado

Sado22
from nationmaster.com

also the mansion when Terry arrives in Rock's ending is pretty much dark and messed up. in places its referred to as ruins of the mansion.

~Sado

I-Drop
You think the process they talk of is just the NDR or the whole scrap?

Sado22
just the NDR. becuase prior to thta, Rock was getting smacked around for the most part of it because Kain was too powerful.

I-Drop
Read that part already. Kain wasn't also doing damage to the mansion as he whooped on Rock?

Sado22
true, but the only huge ass power released in the fight was from Rock. Kain wasn't trying to kill Rock because he needed him. i doubt he was going all out like Rock was. and the link i posted clearly gives credit to rock for it. they didnt' say it was something that happened overtime but only when Rock did it.

I-Drop
"throughout the process" seems vague, like it could mean the entire fight. Fuk it, doesn't matter to me anyway 'cuz Rock still takes this w/or w/out it. Would this power feat put him over his mentor?

Darkstorm Zero
Ryu training in a dojo with ken is trye, but sado forgot to mentioned they where being mentored by the then greatest martial artist on the planet - Gouken.

Darkstorm Zero
But he knows how...

I aint gonna lie, I don't know shit 'bout Star Wars but it seems he can use the Dark Hadou easily if he wants to.

The Dark hadou tempts the user with unequaled near unlimited potential fighting energy, and the skill to defeat any opponent. But the price is incredibly high, Once you use the dark ahdou to take life, if you stain your hands with the blood of death usingh the Killing intent, then you are trapped within an endless cycle of victories, you can never know your true potential, and you only seek death in combat.

Essentially it's a Fighters curse, but the Dark Hadou has a more sinister edge to it. For those who cannot control it at will, and use it to kill reguardless of consequence, then they become maddened monsters, incapable of rational human though, all they seek is battle, and will stop at nothing to bathe in the sights and sounds of fighting and destruction.

For those like Akuma, who can utilise the Dark Hadou at will, they become no less inhuman... they become cold, detached, and although they seek out battle, they do it in a cold- calculating and methodical way, seeking out only the worthy, looking for the one who can kill them and set them free from mortality.

So you see, they con's far surpass the pro's of the Dark Hadou, even it's current master (Akuma/Gouki) seeks death in battle to end the curse.

Jayct
Rock takes this one. SF1 Ryu is very inexperienced and his only power feat is smashing a block of bricks and slabs...which is a bonus stage and most likely not even canon.

Man of Violence
Rock never destroyed a mansion...so it's still a tie, imo.

The Dark hadou tempts the user with unequaled near unlimited potential fighting energy, and the skill to defeat any opponent. But the price is incredibly high, Once you use the dark ahdou to take life, if you stain your hands with the blood of death usingh the Killing intent, then you are trapped within an endless cycle of victories, you can never know your true potential, and you only seek death in combat.

Essentially it's a Fighters curse, but the Dark Hadou has a more sinister edge to it. For those who cannot control it at will, and use it to kill reguardless of consequence, then they become maddened monsters, incapable of rational human though, all they seek is battle, and will stop at nothing to bathe in the sights and sounds of fighting and destruction.

For those like Akuma, who can utilise the Dark Hadou at will, they become no less inhuman... they become cold, detached, and although they seek out battle, they do it in a cold- calculating and methodical way, seeking out only the worthy, looking for the one who can kill them and set them free from mortality.

So you see, they con's far surpass the pro's of the Dark Hadou, even it's current master (Akuma/Gouki) seeks death in battle to end the curse. That's bad ass, dude. I wanna use the dark hadou, now.

Sado22
yes, but Ryu never sparred with Gouken. even in official art all we see them do is perform katas and specific moves together. but nothing else, while Rock not only sparred with Terry but watched him fight AND got into fights of his own.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
yes, but Ryu never sparred with Gouken. even in official art all we see them do is perform katas and specific moves together. but nothing else, while Rock not only sparred with Terry but watched him fight AND got into fights of his own.

~Sado

That doesn't make it any less effective, gouken had to at least show them the techniques for thwem to use them, and he was guiding them all along. This goes back to the Terry vs Ryu debate, reread that thread about the "Dojo Dorking" bit. It's not as bad as you seem to make it sound.

Sado22
like i said, Gouken was a grandmaster in his own right and he obviously taught ryu everything he needed to know on the theory level. totally agree. but at the end of the day he wasn't fighting for survival nor was he trading blows with gouken. not like Rock was with his trainer, Terry. not like terry was with the people he fought in the streets of Southtown.
Dojo dorking at the end of the day is like a controlled lab experiment. not feild work.
THAT is the difference.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
And that makes it any more or less effective... How?

Sado22
because theory is one thing. on-hands experience is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. imitating your master is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. fighting for survival on the streets is another.

Darkstorm Zero
because theory is one thing. on-hands experience is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. imitating your master is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. fighting for survival on the streets is another.

Theory it was not, it was guyided practice, sparring, and perfecting a fighting art.

By the time he fought Sagat, he had already fought on all corners of the planet, against several styles, and beat them all...

The World Warrior tournament was a fight for survival, and Ryu passed...

Man of Violence
Trainin' wit the worlds strongest in a Dojo for years>>>>>>>>>>>beatin' up punks for years....

Sado22
SF1 was the first time he left home, darko. he didn't become a professional hobbo until gouken was killed...and that happened AFTER SF1.

it was a rough example, foo.
guidance=got from terry
sparring=gouken never sparred with ryu
perfecting=got from terry

so that's one of the three things that Ryu never got. yes, i know Gouken was great and all that but at the end of the day Ryu only had dojo training. not hands-on street survival fighting. THAT is the point. why is it so hard to understand? its a simple point. even if you get the best teacher in the world, as long as you don't have experience and hands-on experience of real fighting your dojo dorking wont get you anywhere with a real fighter. a fact well demonstrated in Ryu pwnage at the hands of Sagat.

bullshit. all gouken ever did was get his ass smacked around, has no feats, and rips off Marco from MOTW, and whose only greatest feat is being dead for almost a decade.

~Sado

Man of Violence
bullshit. all gouken ever did was get his ass smacked around, has no feats, and rips off Marco from MOTW, and whose only greatest feat is being dead for almost a decade.

~Sado Seriously? The dude was on Alpha Akuma level, beat Akuma, master of Ansatsuken and can lift water off entire waterfalls wit regular punches. Some of the things you say about SF characters makes it hard to take you seriously, dude.

Sado22
till SF4 gouken has no feats. thats the point. when he died he had no feats. when he trained ryu he had no feats. this was all during SF1 when he had no feats.
and "BEATING SOMEONE IS NOT A FEAT" mofo

Man of Violence
till SF4 gouken has no feats. thats the point. when he died he had no feats. when he trained ryu he had no feats. this was all during SF1 when he had no feats.
and "BEATING SOMEONE IS NOT A FEAT" mofo
I know "BEATING SOMEONE IS NOT A FEAT" I've been tellin' you that since forever, I'm glad you get it now.

Gouken doesn't need feats if the creators tell you he can rival Akuma. No one on earth at that time was on Akuma's level...except...Gouken.

Sado22
so Jinpachi can destroy all existence on earth then and hence>>Gouki right?

and Gouken beat down rookie Gouki who still hadn't reached full potential at the time. m0ther****ker, i'm talking SF1, foo. don't be talkin SF4 with me!

Man of Violence
so Jinpachi can destroy all existence on earth then and hence>>Gouki right? Kinda, if the game says he can then why not, but seein' as how he can only do so when there are no other characters to stop'im and Akuma is no regular human and does not exist in Tekken, he will step to Akuma and get phucked up...ROYALLY laughing

and Gouken beat down rookie Gouki who still hadn't reached full potential at the time. m0ther****ker, i'm talking SF1, foo. don't be talkin SF4 with me! What you say don't matter. Capcom still has given evidence that Akuma and Gouken are around the same level and that the only reason Akuma won was cuz he used the SGS and Gouken wouldn't. Thus Gouken was the best in the world when Ryu was in his dojo days. Akuma was that "rookie" durin' the dojo days and was not the best which proves my point.

Sado22
no, after their first fight Gouken warned ryu and ken, that akuma would return and at that time he'd be stronger than gouken. by the time they fought, Gouken was smackead around as always. and here's the real biatch.....there is no evidence that he used the SGS.
get your facts straight.

~Sado

I-Drop
Smacked around as always? How many times has Gouken been smacked around? You doing the typical "Sado hates SF characters so he says bullshit about them so you shouldn't pay attention to him" shit?

Sado22
got pwned in all his fights no expression
stop b!tchin

I-Drop
I simply asked you how many times. Answer please. Give me a number

Man of Violence
He can't...........

I-Drop
He can't........... Wouldn't suprise me.

Man of Violence
You would have to have just registered at this forum to be affected by that at all.

Sado22
fought bison and got pwned and then spared.
fought akuma and got pwned and then died.

I-Drop
When did he fight Bison?

Sado22
prior to SF1. Tiamat. got smacked around and IIRC Bison spared him becuase he only came looking for the heir to ansatsuken. some time after that Akuma came and turned him into shotokan pinata........not the poor guy's week laughing out loud

Kirikaze Fuuma
prior to SF1. Tiamat. got smacked around and IIRC Bison spared him becuase he only came looking for the heir to ansatsuken. some time after that Akuma came and turned him into shotokan pinata........not the poor guy's week laughing out loud

SF fans out there will say "it's shin bison. no wonder Gouken lost".

Sado22
which means that he's worse than 13 schoolgirls put together laughing out loud
on a serious note though, i doubt he was that strong then because Bison didn't have the psychodrives....at least we don't have any reason to assume he did since that was only invented AFTER SF1 IIRc.

but don't say that Kirikaze. these days the latest "defense mechanism" of the pro-SF faction is that if you say anything about SF you're whining laughing

Kirikaze Fuuma
Gouken lost against Bison even when Bison doesn't have infinite supply of power? blink

Sado22
he's a loser. what wasn't clear about that? laughing

Man of Violence
Originally posted by I-Drop
When did he fight Bison? Never

Sado22
get your facts straight, foo big grin

Man of Violence
get your facts straight, foo big grin Oh, my facts is straight, real straight....

Kirikaze Fuuma
plot guide

Sado22
poor gouken. the "strongest style" gets whooped all the time. they should change it to "Assassin fisted" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darkstorm Zero
I'll say this again... Tiamat's guide, while good, is essentially a collaboration of his oppinion and 2nd hand knowlege from Saiki and Roland, neither of whom are on-hand to confirm or deny sources..

Sado22
saiki and roland gather their info from interviews.
STFU N00B! mad

Darkstorm Zero
Based on who's testimony?.....

Oh yeah, taimat said it. smokin'

Roland's a mook, and Saiki can barely speak english anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And who are you calling a noob? my left @$$ cheek is older here than you are Sado-the Sodomiser! evil face

Sado22
mine shifty

so you've been stinking this place up before you even came here?! sheesh...wtf do you eat mang? mad

Darkstorm Zero
mine shifty

Yeah... That makes it about as valuable here as a cup full of spit... sick

so you've been stinking this place up before you even came here?! sheesh...wtf do you eat mang? mad

Read my title, and you'll understand.. stick out tongue

I-Drop
Yeah... That makes it about as valuable here as a cup full of spit... sick laughing out loud I'm stealing that one. You guys have a happy Turkey day & save me some stuffing.

Sado22
f0ck both of you mad

I-Drop
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.