remake it retard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

everyone that thinks that if the old star wars getting remade is a bad idea.......ur a dumbass. u think it should because u saw it wen u were like 8 and u thought there was a such thing as a lightsber. the kinda shit they have today concerning special effects is much more advanced and would make the experience of the movie much more exhilirating so for all u dumbsits out there....shutup

queeq
What a lame argument. A movie is not good due to its special effects. By that reasoning any film should be remade.

Lord Knightfa11
lol? remaking the ot is a bad Idea because:
1. The OT is the best example of star wars. Everything since the ot concerning star wars has been a complete and utter pile of steaming dog shit.
2. The acting is better in the OT. Carrie Fisher and harrison ford aren't to be had any more. Neither is anyone that would be acceptable for an appearance in a star wars ot remake.
3. The Story would be ****ed. Don't get me started.
4. You are a noob. queeq, ban his *** ass.

sweersa
Just becuase the special effects in the OT are limited in comparison to the PT doesn't mean they should get a total over haul.

OP: What is your email? Oh wait...

Oh and Lord Knightfall, Harrison may be a jerk but Carrie is not bad, some people happen to like large women.

Jovan
actually, I think that because the OT doesn't have much special effects it's actually better: it needed plotdriven elements, less FX and more creativity. Only problem I have is the rather basic lay-out they made of the first Death-Star (when they explain it to the x-wing-pilots).

queeq
You're right. That's about the only thing that looks a little dated.

Lord Knightfa11
indeed it looks like something off the wall in war games.

queeq
Tron etc.

Lord Knightfa11
don't be dissin tron big grin

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by [email protected]
everyone that thinks that if the old star wars getting remade is a bad idea.......ur a dumbass. u think it should because u saw it wen u were like 8 and u thought there was a such thing as a lightsber. the kinda shit they have today concerning special effects is much more advanced and would make the experience of the movie much more exhilirating so for all u dumbsits out there....shutup

Wow this has everything needed for a concise and compelling argument: Mud slinging and profanity.

It's a good thing that you don't let little things like intelligence get in the way of your arguments or you may sound like a complete moron... oh wait...

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
lol? remaking the ot is a bad Idea because:
1. The OT is the best example of star wars. Everything since the ot concerning star wars has been a complete and utter pile of steaming dog shit.

That'n not 100% true. Episode 3 was enjoyable. any given OT movie is 10 times it's superior. smile

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
It's a good thing that you don't let little things like intelligence get in the way of your arguments or you may sound like a complete moron... oh wait... LMAO!! Holy hell... I don't know why, but I almost cried laughing so hard after reading that.

The only reason people want the OT remade is because they're brainwashed into thinking that SPFX makes a movie, when actually, it's quite the opposite most of the time. People spend millions of dollars to beef up a movie with dazzling SPFX that they forget (or because they just don't know how) to tell a good story. Case in point, the new IJ4. Nice SPFX, horrible movie. IJ is one of my favorite movies of all time, but that steaming pile of crap killed it for me.

I can almost guarantee that if someone tried to remake OT, studios would laugh in their faces. Same reason why Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, or Wizard of Oz were never remade.... they're classics. Classic meaning never to get better.

sweersa
Every SW movie of the two trilogies are instant classics!

Darth Subjekt
eh...

Lord Knightfa11
or instant failed attempts at classics! thats not it...

queeq
don't be dissin tron big grin

I wasn't. I liked it but the graphics got outdated fairly quickly.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I wasn't. I liked it but the graphics got outdated fairly quickly.

I watched it for the first time a few years ago. I must say, back then that kind of thing was in it's infancy, and even today it works because I didn't think they were going for realism, it was a sort of a computer like world they were in, things didn't have to be real.

It was a cool, trippy, and a nice looking movie.

Plus he likes it: http://www.geekitude.com/Pictures/Linucon2004/Ex45TronUpCloseRot.jpg

queeq
OMG!

sweersa
OMG!

Run before he tried to touch your no-no spots!

Lord Knightfa11
*removed*

General G
haha! laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
I actually think that remaking it might be a good idea, if executed right.

THE JLRTENJAC
Possibly... if executed right. But let's face it, the movies won't be accepted unless they are written the same way that they were when they were first released. This is simply because of two facts (1) it's a classic, (2) it has an enormous fan-base that will simply not accept the story being changed in the slightest.

And on top of that, there are few to no directors that will keep 100% to the original story.

I mean, there are fans who complain about the relatively small changes that have been made to the OT.

queeq
With Clone Wars and a live action tv series, maybe SW will transform into a more general kind of public property. It may turn into a kind of Star Trek. Since ST gets remade by J.J. Abrams with a whole new Kirk, Spock, Scotty etc. (sacrilege prolly to some) it's not unthinkable. However, ST is not subject to a continuous storyline, so it's acceptable to RETHINK ST some 45 years down the line. If that'd work with SW? Who knows... But first Lucas has to die I think.

sweersa
With Clone Wars and a live action tv series, maybe SW will transform into a more general kind of public property. It may turn into a kind of Star Trek. Since ST gets remade by J.J. Abrams with a whole new Kirk, Spock, Scotty etc. (sacrilege prolly to some) it's not unthinkable. However, ST is not subject to a continuous storyline, so it's acceptable to RETHINK ST some 45 years down the line. If that'd work with SW? Who knows... But first Lucas has to die I think.

I never really thought of that before. Hopefully Star Wars isn't rammed into the ground like ST was though...then they get back up, do okay then they ram the franchise into a ground again.

I hope SW doesn't have the same fate as ST.

queeq
The more SW we get, the more chance there is that it will suffer the same fate as Alderaa...err.... Star Trek.

sweersa
The more SW we get, the more chance there is that it will suffer the same fate as Alderaa...err.... Star Trek.

Obviously. But it could turn out quite the opposite. It is impossible to please everyone.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by sweersa
Hopefully Star Wars isn't rammed into the ground TOO LATE snicker

sweersa
TOO LATE snicker

lol Hahaha.

After George Lucas noticed the reviews and earnings of The Clone Wars he realized The Nightmare Never Ends!

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
Obviously. But it could turn out quite the opposite. It is impossible to please everyone.

Exactly. The more SW we get, the more chance there is that people are not pleased.

Lord Knightfa11
Exactly. The more SW we get, the more chance there is that people are not pleased. but what are the chances of having everyone not pleased all the time?

queeq
Bigger with every new episode.

jaden101
one way to gauge it...were any of the changes to the PT that were put into the DVD beneficial...i.e all the digitally added creatures in tatooine...the wall being removed in bespin to show the ships flying about outside?....no...they were all shit...and looked crap

queeq
I think ANH needed a bit of a touch up. Oddly enough, they didn't update the DS plans at the end of ANH... They did replace all the normal lettering.

coolmovies
SW needs to rest in peace

jaden101
I think ANH needed a bit of a touch up. Oddly enough, they didn't update the DS plans at the end of ANH... They did replace all the normal lettering.

i agree that parts of the OT needed fixing because of problems when it was made due to limitations of technology back then...for example i remember a documentary saying that in the empire strikes back...when the battle on hoth is taking place and you are seeing the view from inside the cockpit of luke's snowspeeder you could see right through the metal areas of the cockpit...where as this was fixed in the DVD release a few years ago to make it more solid

i also didn't mind the digital remastering

but the inclusion of entirely new scenes and added CGI was terrible...it may have been better if it was more subtley done but it looked horrendous

queeq
Originally posted by jaden101
i agree that parts of the OT needed fixing because of problems when it was made due to limitations of technology back then...for example i remember a documentary saying that in the empire strikes back...when the battle on hoth is taking place and you are seeing the view from inside the cockpit of luke's snowspeeder you could see right through the metal areas of the cockpit...where as this was fixed in the DVD release a few years ago to make it more solid

Those had to do with the matte lines. They couldn't make very clear keys out of the blue screen then, so they had to make the transition with a little opacity. Those were good fixes.

sweersa

What was wrong with the DS plans?

queeq
I looks very early days computer graphics. Unlike most of the other on screen graphics in SW, which had more their own look, their own SW universe style. It looks like Pong.

sweersa
I looks very early days computer graphics. Unlike most of the other on screen graphics in SW, which had more their own look, their own SW universe style. It looks like Pong.

Well, that is basically what they had back then if I am not mistaken. Assume the Imperials destroyed all of the Rebel's Macs and PCs and only left them with an Atari prototype to render with.

queeq
Hehehe.

You're right. They did look like that when they made Tron. But the graphics already looked outdated after two years or so.

sweersa
Hehehe.

You're right. They did look like that when they made Tron. But the graphics already looked outdated after two years or so.

Oh well, that is what makes movies so interesting in a way, they can be a blast from the past. Tron especially, I loved it. It was like a dream meets a music video with trippy music, I loved it. More please! (I hear a re-make and sequel is coming)

queeq
So do I. Look forward to it.

sweersa
So do I. Look forward to it.

I do as well, except for the remake. Why do they need a remake?

General G
Very few movies I find can actually make a remake work well for them.

Can't really see a remake of this going well, odds are I will watch it anyways though stick out tongue

queeq
Maybe it's more revisiting the theme.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.