DC's pantheons VS the Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
It always seemed the case that Earth's pantheons in the MU could never do anything to stop the Space Gods. Three sky fathers combined were described as "gnats" compared to a Celestial who wasn't even the biggest of his kind. Celestials' power is simply beyond that of these pantheons and I believe it may also have been depicted to be above Galactus as well. But the Celestials now decide to do their stuff in the DCU. No cosmic entities (the Endless, the Specter, 5-D Imps, etc) can be involved in any way.

All of DC Earth's pantheons, including the New Gods (with Apokolips and DS maybe having something to do with it), must find a way to stop the Celestials from destroying Earth. If they can't stop them, the Celestials will systematically attack each home realm of each pantheon until either the Celestials are stopped or all of DC's pantheons and their home realms are destroyed. Earth's heroes and villains can't be involved in any way.

1st scenario: As much prep time as Marvel Earth's pantheons had.
2nd scenario: No prep time.
3rd scenario: The pantheons have the Asgardian Destroyer and are allowed to project their souls into it to power and control it to attack the Celestials. Will they fare better than Marvel's Asgardians did? Also, the Destroyer does of course have the Odinsword.
4th scenario: Same as 3, but the Destroyer has Marvel Surtur's Twilight Sword instead of the Odinsword.

guy222
Celestials

Allankles
If you're talking about prep the New Gods and the Greek gods could take out the Celestials. Remember that the New Gods for instance are an ultimate power themselves, only the Source and heaven itself are really above them in DC.

There are characters more powerful than the individual gods in between but few if any can dwarf the power of the entire pantheon. And New Gods are called star gods as well.

The New Gods have the Source and with prep (New Genesis and Apokolips combined) can amass plenty of power, through their tech and the Source. Apok could awaken several of the imprisoned prometheans including DS's father Yuga, they could call upon the power of the Source and they take it.

The Greek gods can have the godwave when things get hairy and the other pantheons in contribution can help.

Problem with the MU pantheons is that they don't have a power source like the Source to call upon.

For scenario 2 the Celestials take it. In one crossover Galactus was able to launch a successful attack on Apok.

Personally that was a bit of PIS to me considering that Apokolips is the size of a galaxy (at least) and has enormous military resources of the highest tech levels.

But it does show what one Super Celestial can do when he has the element of surprise.

For scenario three the Pantheons outnumber the celestials and are each quite powerful so infusing all their power into the destroyer could tip the scales for them.

Bentley
First of all the Celestials shit stomp the god in every scenario, except maybe in scenario 1.

Originally posted by Allankles
For scenario three the Pantheons outnumber the celestials and are each quite powerful so infusing all their power into the destroyer could tip the scales for them.

There are billions of Celestials.

The New Gods have the Source and with prep (New Genesis and Apokolips combined) can amass plenty of power, through their tech and the Source. Apok could awaken several of the imprisoned prometheans including DS's father Yuga, they could call upon the power of the Source and they take it.

The Source has been splitted in 3 by three old gods, its certainly their best chance; but given the jobbing nature of the Source I can see the Celestials taking some. Calling upon the Source is no guarantee of victory, given history.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
First of all the Celestials shit stomp the god in every scenario, except maybe in scenario 1.

The Source has been splitted in 3 by three old gods, its certainly their best chance; but given the jobbing nature of the Source I can see the Celestials taking some. Calling upon the Source is no guarantee of victory, given history.
um. no. The source was split by Three Old Gods. Do you know how powerful those Gods were? The heads of Pantheons. More powerful than Yugah Khan. More powerful than any other prometheans. The Source was uber powerful. The source Jobbed in your head because you forget that ever feat it has, was at half power. I hate it when people argue about DC characters and don't even read the books.

kevdude
And the fact the Source let it happen and knew about it before hand, for its own purpose..

Allankles

Really? Thought they were millions given how powerful they are supposed to be. But how many Pantheons do you think there are?

Every civilization and world has its pantheons and there are several universes with corresponding pantheons.

Of course if the Source was imperfect at the time and split from itself the Celestials may have a chance, otherwise they have zero chance. And I don't remember the Source ever jobbing.

It has looked surmountable when it's been made vulnerable due to certain circumstances like becoming divided etc otherwise it's really not something that becomes an opponent, it's a power source primarily and isn't necessarily sentient in the traditional sense, it has a voice but it has no specific personality or anything.

Bentley
Really? Thought they were millions given how powerful they are supposed to be. But how many Pantheons do you think there are?

Every civilization and world has its pantheons and there are several universes with corresponding pantheons.

Pantheons aren't as much as a problem as the source. Suppose every earth pantheon has 100 gods, with a varying power level of course, and that there are 10000 civilizations on earth -in theoretical statements, since on panel pantheons in DC are not this much-, then we have still less gods than Celestials, most of them with too little power to matter.

Most of the power levels given to the Old gods is speculation, and if you asked me if three 10XYuga would defeat the Celestials I would say no.

To date, what is the best prep feat ever shown by a New god? I think is Darkseid getting enough power to match the Imperfect Source (and as some of you said, it happened because it was allowed by the Source). I think it is the realms of possibilities to have the Celestials beat that level, although they would lose numbers and it would take the best they have; they could take it if they had prep, but as it stands I still think that the Pantheons can take it.

Also, despite the Newgods being a part of the Source and using it to power themselves, this thread does not read "the Source against the Celestials". Keep that in mind.

Enyalus
Scenario One and Two: Celestials win.

Scenario Three and Four: Pantheons take it.

Bentley
Originally posted by fangirl101
um. no. The source was split by Three Old Gods. Do you know how powerful those Gods were? The heads of Pantheons. More powerful than Yugah Khan. More powerful than any other prometheans. The Source was uber powerful. The source Jobbed in your head because you forget that ever feat it has, was at half power. I hate it when people argue about DC characters and don't even read the books.

More powerful than Yugah? We are talking about Celestials here, each one of them would own, replicate and get past all of Yugah's feats, this isn't Thanos.

(I won't get into the argument of the Source being supposedly infinite but somehow half of it gets stalemated beaten or split, the Source does shaky things for an admitted omni-potent, but if its excused somehow, good. Talking about omnipotents is a waste of time in this forum)

Enyalus
(I won't get into the argument of the Source being supposedly infinite but somehow half of it gets stalemated beaten or split, the Source does shaky things for an admitted omni-potent, but if its excused somehow, good. Talking about omnipotents is a waste of time in this forum)

Even when The Source was whole it was stalemated by DS.

kevdude
Originally posted by Enyalus
Even when The Source was whole it was stalemated by DS.

Stalemated? no. Wanting to know what DS was up to and letting him spill the beans then removing ALE over him, yes. free will is how DS got as far as he did, which is still his best feat to date, which is up there with the Old Gods feat, very good for DS.

The Celestrials btw win, the gods would need much more time to begin to fight them.

Bentley
Which means no New god has ever reached Source level powers? why does everyone claim that these guys are becoming the Source or winning when there aren't proves to back that up?

Enyalus
Originally posted by kevdude
Stalemated? no. Wanting to know what DS was up to and letting him spill the beans then removing ALE over him, yes. free will is how DS got as far as he did, which is still his best feat to date, which is up there with the Old Gods feat, very good for DS.

In DOTNG, it's generous of me to say The Source was stalemating Darkseid...considering that DS got more shots in. So if anything, The Source was losing and needed Orion's help in order to defeat DS.

Juntai
In DOTNG, it's generous of me to say The Source was stalemating Darkseid...considering that DS got more shots in. So if anything, The Source was losing and needed Orion's help in order to defeat DS. Didn't understand the story, huh?

kevdude
I'm pretty sure Orion would have been deployed then the Source watched them battle and created the Fifth World which is what he wanted anyway. Read all of DNG when it removes DS's control over it easily.. Comes down to free will and thats how DS was able to last longer then the others.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
Didn't understand the story, huh?

Pretty sure I did. A completed Source, with the ALE, stalemated an amped DS. That's my point.

Enyalus
I'm pretty sure Orion would have been deployed then the Source watched them battle and created the Fifth World which is what he wanted anyway. Read all of DNG when it removes DS's control over it easily.. Comes down to free will and thats how DS was able to last longer then the others.

Yeah, the ALE was removed from DS. When he took the Soulfire formula, though, he stalemated a completed Source. No one was debating or arguing that The Source removed the ALE from DS.

kevdude
Yeah, the ALE was removed from DS. When he took the Soulfire formula, though, he stalemated a completed Source. No one was debating or arguing that The Source removed the ALE from DS.

The ALE was removed from DS when he left the Fourth World and came to Earth, he gave it up willingly to attack Jimmy and kill Superman in Countdown which he would have done if not for Orion interfering. The Source removed DS's ALE hold over it after DS let his plans be known, which he shouldn't have done, giving the Source more info into creating a more perfect Fifth World which will be more powerful then the 4th World.

back to the fight.. cool

Enyalus
The ALE was removed from DS when he left the Fourth World and came to Earth, he gave it up willingly to attack Jimmy and kill Superman in Countdown which he would have done if not for Orion interfering. The Source removed DS's ALE hold over it after DS let his plans be known, which he shouldn't have done, giving the Source more info into creating a more perfect Fifth World which will be more powerful then the 4th World.

Yeah. Dude. I know all that. I read DOTNG and Countdown. Doesn't matter, and wasn't what I was talking about. DS stalemated a completed Source after drinking the Soulfire formula. So no, The Source isn't OMGWOW! It's fallible. And defeatable. Meaning, even if the New Gods call on its power, I don't see them beating billions of Celestials in many scenarios.

vlaaad12345
Ds was taping into the sources power as well..jesus,don't even begin to claim celestials come anywhere near close to the source,when a fraction of a half a celestials power allows a person infinite control over all time space of a multiverse you let me know.

Bentley
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Ds was taping into the sources power as well..jesus,don't even begin to claim celestials come anywhere near close to the source,when a fraction of a half a celestials power allows a person infinite control over all time space of a multiverse you let me know.

Celestials being over Cosmic Cubes who can control time and space in a multiverse? The CC stating they are completely inferior to Celestials?

Not sure, what do you ask?

kevdude
Yeah. Dude. I know all that. I read DOTNG and Countdown. Doesn't matter, and wasn't what I was talking about. DS stalemated a completed Source after drinking the Soulfire formula. So no, The Source isn't OMGWOW! It's fallible. And defeatable. Meaning, even if the New Gods call on its power, I don't see them beating billions of Celestials in many scenarios.

facepalm If you know all that then you should know its not a stalemate... What was the Soul Fire Formula for??

vlaaad12345
On average a cosmic cube warps a universe,the worlogog makes anything possible within the main multiverse of dc,that is a fraction of the sources power,half power source created the universe that holds ALL universes in dc,he created the entire pantheon of new gods each who have no problem creating universes,the worlogog doesn't just let you control time space in the dc multiverse it makes you god of time space in the multiverse CC are not even close.

Juntai
Celestials being over Cosmic Cubes who can control time and space in a multiverse? The CC stating they are completely inferior to Celestials?

Not sure, what do you ask? You thinK Celestials are over Eternity?

Enyalus
facepalm If you know all that then you should know its not a stalemate... What was the Soul Fire Formula for??

Allowing DS to combine the power of every New God's soul and giving him control over that. (Though, personally, that was poorly explained.)

Bentley
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
On average a cosmic cube warps a universe,the worlogog makes anything possible within the main multiverse of dc,that is a fraction of the sources power,half power source created the universe that holds ALL universes in dc,he created the entire pantheon of new gods each who have no problem creating universes,the worlogog doesn't just let you control time space in the dc multiverse it makes you god of time space in the multiverse CC are not even close.

Yep, but a single Celestial doesn't have to be on the Sources level. Billions of them, that's what we are asking. I wouldn't put a single Celestial in the Source level, that is insane.

Bentley
You thinK Celestials are over Eternity?

Trickiest question ever... By their nature and their role, no, most of the Celestials have no business hanging with Eternity, probably none of them by himself (Tiamut used prep to attack Eternity); however, Eternity seems to have several particular weaknesses and jobs in ways I don't see Celestials jobbing.

All of them? Can't answer, I give it to the Celestials by feats.

kevdude
Allowing DS to combine the power of every New God's soul and giving him control over that. (Though, personally, that was poorly explained.)

The SFF was to allow DS to stay alive while he had control over the ALE.

Antiphon
Celestials stomp DC's pantheons in each scenario. It isn't even close.

fangirl101
Not really. The Forever People were mainly high end meta Level. when their souls combined, they recreated the power of the infinity man which was by all estimates above the top tier. So DS reasoning was that if two souls are 100 times more powerful, than thousands of souls would geometrically increase their power. I believe the source caught on and recreated only a few New Gods out of the thousands of souls.

Knowsbleed33
Scathan wins alone.

Juntai
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Scathan wins alone. Scathan is from an alternate future timeline. Therefore doesn't exist in current continuity threads.

Knowsbleed33
OP never said no Scathan or current Celestials only.

Juntai
OP never said no Scathan or current Celestials only.

Knowsbleed33
I guess that means we must assume Galactus doesn't have the UN with him in every thread.

fangirl101
I guess that means we must assume Galactus doesn't have the UN with him in every thread.
He doesn't carry it around with his. So why should he?

Priest
He can summon it.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
He can summon it.
Too bad he didn't do that when Tenebrious and Aegis where waxing his ass. Or when DP tyrant was pwning him.

Knowsbleed33
He doesn't carry it around with his. So why should he?

You = preaching to the choir.

This is 1 of the few times when we actually agree.

Bentley
Too bad he didn't do that when Tenebrious and Aegis where waxing his ass. Or when DP tyrant was pwning him.

You do remember the nullifier against Tyrant right?

fangirl101
You do remember the nullifier against Tyrant right? I remember He didn't use it.

Priest
Its called CIS, he has summoned it.

Bentley
I remember He didn't use it.

So it was just laying around?

Knowsbleed33
Its called CIS, he has summoned it.

Wait, so every single time the Galactus has been in a fight and not used the UN is CIS?

Juntai
I guess that means we must assume Galactus doesn't have the UN with him in every thread. Agreed.

Bentley
Agreed.

Its in his power to summon it though. It's on his ship that he carries around, most of the time he does have his ship.

Juntai
Its in his power to summon it though. It's on his ship that he carries around, most of the time he does have his ship. Not in a vs thread.

fangirl101
Its in his power to summon it though. It's on his ship that he carries around, most of the time he does have his ship.
Then galactus is the dumbest cosmic being in town. He gets his ass kicked so many times. Almost killed in the annihaltion wave, and he can just summon the UN anytime.

Bentley
Not in a vs thread.

Rules says they get standard equipment. His ship is pretty standard to me, how often does he appears without it?

fangirl101
Rules says they get standard equipment. His ship is pretty standard to me, how often does he appears without it? Everytime he gets his ass kicked.

Priest
Wait, so every single time the Galactus has been in a fight and not used the UN is CIS?
No but on this forum CIS is off.
Besides if u knew how Galactus felt about using the UN u would understand that he would rather not use it because he respects it.

Knowsbleed33
Rules says they get standard equipment. His ship is pretty standard to me, how often does he appears without it?

That would imply equipment they have on them usually. Galactus doesn't carry the UN in his pocket.

Bentley
Then galactus is the dumbest cosmic being in town. He gets his ass kicked so many times. Almost killed in the annihaltion wave, and he can just summon the UN anytime.

He is very, very stupid. You do know that the guy actually let himself get hungry and weak every month? Not to mention stay there eating ignoring people instead of obliterating the opposition.

Yep, in the conventional way of fight cunning, Galactus is pretty stupid.

Now, are you going to tell me how the Spectre is not stupid with his powers? wink

Bentley
Everytime he gets his ass kicked. Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
That would imply equipment they have on them usually. Galactus doesn't carry the UN in his pocket.

He carries his ship around rather often, I don't care about the UN, its not practical because its more powerful than Galactus and goes against the idea of pitting him into a fight.

Don't you think his Ship would be standard equipment?

No but on this forum CIS is off.
Besides if u knew how Galactus felt about using the UN u would understand that he would rather not use it because he respects it.

CIS is not off in the rules, just they use their skills to their best.

Priest
uh ok.

Knowsbleed33
I guess it would depend on how far the ship was from Galactus. The only time we've seen him summon the UN is when he was standing right next to it.

Bentley
uh ok.

Its different to say that Spider-man listens to his spidersense than to say he kills people.

Enyalus

In defense of Galactus, he was holding his own against Tenebrous until Aegis cheapshotted him from behind. And I dunno, nullifying two Proemial Gods just seems bad for cosmic consonance.

Bentley
If he wanted them dead he would have destroyed them instead of locking them in the Klyn.

Enyalus
If he wanted them dead he would have destroyed them instead of locking them in the Klyn.

Precisely.

Red Hulk
I guess that means we must assume Galactus doesn't have the UN with him in every thread. Lulz.

And lets also assume Galactus doesn't get his Worldship, smaller ship, Punishers, and everything else as standard equipment. You know what, don't listen to these people, they're haters!

Stoic
Scathan is a Celestial.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Stoic
Scathan is a Celestial. Alternate reality, and he'll have to do a lot of muzzling to be different than any other Celestial.

Stoic
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Alternate reality, and he'll have to do a lot of muzzling to be different than any other Celestial.

Are you suggesting that DC's pantheons would defeat all of the Celestial's that exist in Marvel?

Red Hulk
Are you suggesting that DC's pantheons would defeat all of the Celestial's that exist in Marvel? Yes, because I almost implied anything about the battle.

Where the hell did you even pull that out of? Certainly not from what I wrote.

However, what I am saying, is that Scathan isn't relevant, and the only thing that sets him apart from another Celestial is that he was using Celestial tech to muzzle someone.

Knowsbleed33
You do realize the muzzle isn't what defeated Protege don't you?

Stoic
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Yes, because I almost implied anything about the battle.

Where the hell did you even pull that out of? Certainly not from what I wrote.

However, what I am saying, is that Scathan isn't relevant, and the only thing that sets him apart from another Celestial is that he was using Celestial tech to muzzle someone.

Had a bad day? Chill friend I was only asking a question.

Red Hulk
You do realize the muzzle isn't what defeated Protege don't you? I did not say that either...

Had a bad day? Chill friend I was only asking a question. I did not, and I am chill.

Knowsbleed33
Ok, just making sure.

UKR
So sorry I didn't specify how many Celestials the DC gods were fighting. My bad there, really. OK, in one instance the New Gods are only fighting one host, or say, ten Celestials. And Celestials from parallel universes and such don't count. In the second instance, they must fight both the Third and Fourth Hosts. In the third, the DC gods must fight and stop that one really, really, really huge Celestial who's tens of thousands of feet tall and makes regular Celestials look like toys and he can step on mountains and stuff.

Knowsbleed33
Well, the should be able to take the first scenario. I don't see them winning the 2nd scenario and they lose to Exitar without the hyperspace plot device.

quanchi112
Celestials stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.