Fight Night Round 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wil7
I am waiting for this game. It has every boxer that FNR3 had, but they are even adding in Mike Tyson, when he was good of course.

Why will this game be good?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Wil7

Why will this game be good?

because the last three were the best boxing games on the market

It is taking a long time for this game though. I hope that is a good thing

jalek moye
didnt the part of ea that makes the fight night games get shut down.

Dark-Jaxx
That would suck, the Fight Night games are fvckin great.

And number 2 had the killer haymaker combos lol, were cheap as hell.

Wil7
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
because the last three were the best boxing games on the market

It is taking a long time for this game though. I hope that is a good thing

I don't think they were the best on the market. IMO,
3. Fight Night Round 3
2. Fight Night 2004
1. Knockout Kings 2001

And yes, the people who created the Fight Night Games did get shut down. EA Chicago was the one doing it originally, and now it is something like EA Canada. It should still be good.

Sado22
i didn't like 3 that much. No Tyson? No Marciano? that's two of my top three boxers not there!! and no peek-a-boo boxing style either. also create a character sucked in ways because there was no way to exit the game without actually retiring permanently. that was beyond retarded.

1. Rocky Marciano
2. Joe Frazier
3. Mike Tyson

FN4: hey, a cool thing would be guest appearances from Hajime no Ippo characters big grin
SENDO VS ROCKY MARCIANO!!! eek!

Wil7
Originally posted by Sado22
i didn't like 3 that much. No Tyson? No Marciano? that's two of my top three boxers not there!! and no peek-a-boo boxing style either. also create a character sucked in ways because there was no way to exit the game without actually retiring permanently. that was beyond retarded.

1. Rocky Marciano
2. Joe Frazier
3. Mike Tyson

FN4: hey, a cool thing would be guest appearances from Hajime no Ippo characters big grin
SENDO VS ROCKY MARCIANO!!! eek!

That is the only thing I had a problem with the game. No Tyson, Marciano, Louis, Liston, Dempsey. I am happy that they did put LaMotta in the game. He is my favorite boxer ever. I also liked the create a boxer. I hope this FN is better than the last one.

Sado22
well, Lamotta is cool but personally my fav has always been Marciano. my main problem was, like i said, that retarded feature in storymode where you couldn't exit without retiring....so you had to restart the f'ing ps2 everytime you just wanted to stop playing and do something else.

~Sado

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Wil7
I don't think they were the best on the market. IMO,
3. Fight Night Round 3
2. Fight Night 2004
1. Knockout Kings 2001

And yes, the people who created the Fight Night Games did get shut down. EA Chicago was the one doing it originally, and now it is something like EA Canada. It should still be good.

yeah, knockout kings was good and probably even better than the first fight night but it came out three years before fight night.

I dont think it matters all that much that it will be a new team behind fight night round 4. The template has been well established. They will not want to change the control scheme, just improve upon the reaction time. Other than graphics i wouldn't expect, round 4, to be much different than, round 3. I think, however, that is what people want.

Wil7
Yeah, i think that is what people want.

Wil7
On December 14th, they are going to be coming with a gametrailer. I can't wait to see it.

FistOfThe North
yea, i'll be picking this game up tonight.

i've mastered the demo and it's now time test my skill on xbox live and against my cousin who's been playing since "knockout kings" years ago and says that he "IS" Fight Night. (we'll see)

this is my first time really getting into the series. I've played the other games but i just never got into 'em like this one.

i love that Tyson's in it. He was my idol back when i was in middle school. Saw his 2008 documentary last night and now it's to kick some a$$ in fight night round 4 with him.

oh and p.s.: Imho, in real life, to me, Tyson beats Ali.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sado22

1. Rocky Marciano
2. Joe Frazier
3. Mike Tyson

SENDO VS ROCKY MARCIANO!!! eek! Yeah, Marciano definately should have been in it IMO.

I'll be picking this up soon.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah, Marciano definately should have been in it IMO.

F. Mayweather and Rocky Marciano should've been in it too.

I'd'a been nice to be able to have Rocky Balboa, Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed, Ivan Drago, and 'lil Mac in the game if only just for kicks, or a bonus.

NemeBro
Lil' Mac would be impossible to beat though.

FistOfThe North
Nah. They'd de-nerf him for this one.

R. Hatton is lil mac Hatton 20yrs. later with dyed blonde hair, ha. L.m. would fight like him.

But it would be kinda sick to see a lil mac vs Tyson fight with this game, though.

Magee
It would have been nice to have rocky in it just for the crack. Played the demo so many times I don't think I will need to buy the game now... Nah I'll be getting it the day of release.

Sado22
i think this would EXTREMELY hard to call, personally. the more i watch the two the more I realize that I'm not sure who'd win in their prime.

Prime Tyson was a monster. insane accuracy, once-in-a-life-time puncher, superb handspeed, elusive fighting style, deadly stocky arms that were devastating at close/mid range and for all the slandering, Mike actually had a very good chin. that's prime tyson.
any other tyson would lose to Ali for a simple reason that he began brawling, ignoring his jab, began headhunting, went for the one hit KO and stopped weaving like he used to.
Ali on the other had an amazing chin, speed, accuracy, flurries, heart, stamina but his defense wasn't as great as people like to say it was. he relied more on slipping punches than guarding or parrying and to me that can be a fatal thing against someone as fast, relentless and powerful as tyson. neither frazier or foreman had the "explosiveness" that tyson did but that said tyson wasn't as powerful as foreman.

in an interview, Ali said that tyson would beat him (this was prime, peek-a-boo tyson btw) if he caught up to him and i agree with him. tyson would be deadly up close and since he threw many punches and was incredibily fast for a hardpuncher, ali would be in trouble. in his first fight with Frazier, at one point ali was in a pinch and wobbled for a bit because Frazier caught up to him and started landing some big shots. Tyson in my eyes would do better because tyson wasn't a head hunter like Frazier was (probably the reason ali was able to escape cuz frazier kept going for the head). so if prime tyson catches up to Ali, ali's a goner. otherwise its ali all the way.

the only main advantage ali has is his mindgames. Mike has always been a complex person with myriad problems, both personal and emotional and that'd make him easy pickings for Ali since Ali was as much a master of fists as he was a master of mindgames. to me the best analogy would be what Ali did to Liston. Liston was like Tyson, in that he was a complex person with many issues, and ali exploited it by taunting him, demeaning him and eventually Liston was so discouraged that he just couldn't handle it anymore and gave up. Liston wasn't a chicken. he was just badly disheartened. Ali's mind games were one of his best "deterrent power". to me, that's what he'll do to mike: mess with him, push him around, toy with him, make mike lose his cool (which probably won't be hard) and make him miss and all, sting him with jabs until mike finally gives up or tries to get himself DQ'd again.

~Sado

Magee
Is there any one who is actually good at this game? So far unbeaten in online. Any one here got it for ps3?

batdude123
Am I alone in saying that FNR4 was a clear step back from 3? Dropping 60 bucks for this piece of shit definitely isn't worth it.

Nemesis X
This game is incredibly outstanding. The graphics are stunning and I love it that whenever I punch someone's face, the camera zooms in and goes slow mo. Not to mention the way the boxers look when you damage them looks great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.