Sasuke, a genius that surpasses the imagination. Pre/Post Timeskip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yungz22

Quincy
What is this?

yungz22
its asking is sasuke really the genius he was always seen as

Terryc250
Yes he is a genius, but compared to people like Itachi, he's nothing.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm not reading that shit.

TheBadguy
Same here, im not reading anything that long about Saucegay.

yungz22
well to put it better is sasuke really that much of a genius considering there many other geniuses in his generation and others

Dark-Jaxx
Good summary, God should not have to read.

He is a genius, yeah.

On the level of Itachi or Pain? Nah.

Magee
After reading some of your first post I realised who ever wrote that is over analyzing Naruto far to much. Naruto is pretty bad when it comes to continuity.

Kento
Having a sharingan that copies anything it wouldn't be hard to learn chidori..or Lee's moves since all he needs to do is seem them. Learning either of those because of sharingan doesn't make him a genius imo. As for the speed. While impressive chakra can enhance the speed. Lee would have to work harder with no chakra backing him up so again. Not really as impressive when we know chakra can enhance phsyical stats. All Kakashi really had to work on was making him fast. He already knew Lee's moves from the fight with Lee, and he probably learned chidori instantly when Kakashi showed him it. His real big genius feat was learning Katon at a very young age but when it comes to learning moves after the start of Naruto the sharingan takes a lot of blame for that, and without that he probably wouldn't have learned as fast in the chunnin exams.

Slaanesh
so..he's not a genius..

Kento
Originally posted by Slaanesh
so..he's not a genius.. Imo not a fighting genius in the way Neji is even though Sasuke is called one.

Slaanesh
yup..i agree..

Csdabest
Sasuke is actually a fighting Genius. Someof the lesser powerful things he does. Technique wise are absolutely amazing. He half the time pulls off somethings we dont even see Jounin attempt to do. Or use something in another way that it wasnt ment to be used.

Like the tree climbing. Trial and error. He learned what happens if you put too much chakra while tree climbing. Then used it in a battle against haku to increase his speed and speed blitz haku w/ a broken incomplete shunshin that was still highly effective.

Then he used the same tree climbing technique in the chuunin exams to actually catch a kunai with his foot using the tree climb technique to stick the kunai to the bottom of his foot and sling it back at the shinobi.

I think people let what he does with the Sharingan overshadow what he is capable of w/o it.

Kento
He pulls off stuff that we don't see Jounin do because...we don't see Jounin fight much if at all besides Kakashi.

Slaanesh
he is what he is now because of the sharingan..w/o it..he's noting much..he'll be just like other jounin ninja..

Csdabest
Originally posted by Kento
He pulls off stuff that we don't see Jounin do because...we don't see Jounin fight much if at all besides Kakashi.

We already seen what the top jounin could do. Just give Sasuke credit. Its deserved.

But Pretimeskip Sasuke is more likeable imo than post

Kento
Not really. When we see Jounin fight it's usually somebody they have no chance against like Asuma vs Hidan or Gai vs Kisame with the exception of Kakashi because he's at least semi-main.
Sasuke's most deserved credit is learning Katon on his own for the most part when he was young. But most, not all but most, of his other 'genius' things happen because of his sharingan. Without it he wouldn't know half of what he does. He's smart sure but he's not a tactical genius or a fighting genius imo.

Eh I don't like Sasuke now or then. I liked him more before he left Konoha but I still didn't like him.

Terryc250
Also wasn't it stated that Sasuke took drugs from Orochimaru to get stronger or something?

Kento
It's mentioned in the opening post about Sakura saying that. Though more asking what's the proof that he did. Sakura really wouldn't know anyway. So who knows.

Csdabest
Sasuke took one drug to unlock is CS2 faster. Other than that Sasuke didnt take drugs. In manga he rediculed Orochimaru for his forbidden jutsu and use of drugs to get stronger an dstay alive. And the DB stated that Sasuke took in orochimaru teachings but disregared his other imoral methods of advancing.

to me that points out to be that Sasuke didnt take drugs and use Forbidden jutsu. And that his growth was indeed natural

NonSensi-Klown
Natural except for that big copy wheel thing in his eyes.

I liked Sawsgay a lot (one of my favorites), up until he learned something in a few weeks, or months, what took Rock Lee his entire life to learn and perfect. At that point I realized that he was nothing more than a walking plot device, and he undermines the credit of other characters. Shortly before his raping of Lee's moves he appears at the Tournament with his shanzzy black outfit, late as hell (but that makes him cooler! dur), and instantly the ingenius fight that Shikamaru essentially won, and Naruto's defeat of at that time the strongest genin in Konoha, is instantly forgotten in a wave of Sawsgay-mania. Not too mention that before that all the girls swooned over him even though he treated them like shit, and Sakura didn't even know that it was Naruto, not Sawsgay, who had saved her ass almost every single time until Sawsgay told her after the Tea Arc.

No, he's not a genius. He's a plot device with a haxx Kekke Genkai and if he didn't have that, he would be only marginally skilled and no one in the series except for maybe Naruto (which shows his own strength of character), and Sakura and Kakashi, would give him the time of day.

Bada's Palin
Too long, did not read.

Quincy
Sasuke sucks.

Endless Mike
Sasuke = failure emo ***

Quincy
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown

I liked Sawsgay a lot (one of my favorites), up until he learned something in a few weeks, or months, what took Rock Lee his entire life to learn and perfect. At that point I realized that he was nothing more than a walking plot device, and he undermines the credit of other characters. Shortly before his raping of Lee's moves he appears at the Tournament with his shanzzy black outfit, late as hell (but that makes him cooler! dur), and instantly the ingenius fight that Shikamaru essentially won, and Naruto's defeat of at that time the strongest genin in Konoha, is instantly forgotten in a wave of Sawsgay-mania. Not too mention that before that all the girls swooned over him even though he treated them like shit, and Sakura didn't even know that it was Naruto, not Sawsgay, who had saved her ass almost every single time until Sawsgay told her after the Tea Arc.

No, he's not a genius. He's a plot device with a haxx Kekke Genkai and if he didn't have that, he would be only marginally skilled and no one in the series except for maybe Naruto (which shows his own strength of character), and Sakura and Kakashi, would give him the time of day.

I Support the above statements!

Wil7
He might be a genius, but I can't wait till he dies.

King Kandy
Saying he's only good because of his Sharingan is stupid. Clearly he is leagues beyond all the dead rank-and-file Uchiha who also had the Sharingan, so his genius can't just be attributed to that.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown

No, he's not a genius. He's a plot device with a haxx Kekke Genkai and if he didn't have that, he would be only marginally skilled and no one in the series except for maybe Naruto (which shows his own strength of character), and Sakura and Kakashi, would give him the time of day. I agree with all the above statements.

He is a walking plot-device.

In short, Sasuke is Squirrel Girl.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by King Kandy
Saying he's only good because of his Sharingan is stupid. Clearly he is leagues beyond all the dead rank-and-file Uchiha who also had the Sharingan, so his genius can't just be attributed to that.

Yeah you're right.

All those other Uchiha didn't have Kishi sucking on their balls.

Kento
Originally posted by King Kandy
Saying he's only good because of his Sharingan is stupid. Clearly he is leagues beyond all the dead rank-and-file Uchiha who also had the Sharingan, so his genius can't just be attributed to that. Weren't ALL Uchiha considered genius except Obito? And because of the sharingan at that?

NonSensi-Klown
The Uchiha like the Hyuuga were considered to be a "genius clan". So yeah I guess.

Dark-Jaxx
It's not really genius to have access to a Kekkei Genkai that gives you cheap haxx powers...

Kento
Make me wonder how well known Kakashi would be if he never got the sharingan to steal 1000 or so jutsu. He wouldn't even have his own jutsu either to use unless he manipulated it a lot earlier in life like he showed against Pein.

Kero_Co
Sasuke's 12 Step Super Smart Genius Plan for Geniuses.

1. Leave Konoha
2. Beat best friend.
3.Get mercilessly raped by snakes.
4.Get mercilessly raped by snakes.
5.Get mercilessly raped by snakes.
6. Become more powerful
7. Kill Rapist.
8. Collect Team while showcasing my ability to pull Snakes from my ass.
9. Kill Itachi
10. Kill Black People
11. Kill Konoha
12. Get mercilessly raped by Snakes.

Wil7
Not that good of a plan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.