Bale as Connor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Saw this idea in another thread and thought it could be fun.

To me, as lame as he is now, Edward Furlong will always be John Connor. Nick Stahl was just a horrible choice all together. But now I think Bale can save the saga. He has that innocence about him (when he's not beating his mom and sister) and can still pull off the badass vibe.

He's one of the most dedicated actors I've personally seen (The Machinist for example) and I think will add a real sense of realism and griminess to the film. Personally, I think that this will be THE movie of the year (it doesn't even matter what year it comes out, lol!!) and will surprise alot of people. I think Bale has what it takes to make people around him better.

I love Common as an emcee, but his acting skills are lacking, imo, and I think someone like bale can push him to do better.

Thoughts, complaints, additions?

alic88
I think Bale is a dream choice for John Connor honestly. He balances the STARPOWER/acting talent perfectly. As much as I would have loved Eddie Furlong to return, he is no condition to play JC. I remember watching him in the T2:3D ride and while he looked promising there he hasn't done much since.

I mean seriously, they got Christian frikin Bale to play JC. I'm not the biggest fan of his acting, but it isn't sub-par by any means. By the looks of it, he will bring a certain amount of intensity that is needed in JC. Nick Stahl IMHO did an awesome job being JC in T3, but its good that they got Bale for SALVATION since Stahl being used again would have been a bit strange, since this is 15 years( I think) after JUDGMENT DAY and they needed to show a more mature and able JC, and Christian Bale IMHO can embody that perfectly.

Great casting choice, hope Marcus' plot does not deprive us from the character development of JC, its long overdue.

barand1
I glad you liked Stahl, I too think he was good in the role. We're in the minority.

Darth Subjekt
I tried to give him a chance, I just can't stand him. Don't think he had the right look or attitude. Of course that could also be contributed to the shitty writing that plagued T3 (imho of course), but either way, I didn't buy Stahl as Connor.

theshakl
I also liked Stahl. I think he did a good job playing a guy who went through what Edward's character went during childhood. In other words, someone who was a little traumatized.

U Neek
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I tried to give him a chance, I just can't stand him. Don't think he had the right look or attitude. Of course that could also be contributed to the shitty writing that plagued T3 (imho of course), but either way, I didn't buy Stahl as Connor.

WOW, finally someone took my advice and started this thread...Cool!!

I agree with the Darth one on the casting of Stahl. I don't think Stahl is a bad actor, personally. Check him out in Sin City. Just the directing and lame script that was T3 let every actor in the movie down...

Bale, I've always been a fan of his since seeing American Psycho. He went on to do a good job in a number of different films. I hope this new Terminator movie does not prove to be different.

-U

BruceSkywalker
Christian Bales makes an incredible John Connor

Zack Fair
I agree about Marcus...I don't mind having new characters...but damn it I've been waiting for almost 20 years to witness the badass John Connor in all of his glory. I want to see how he fights Skynet, his military leadership skills...I'm tired of seeing him being a wussy 15 year old/estranged psycho 20 something...Now when we get the chance they throw in another guy...he better not steal the fkn spotlight.

Ahnold
Hey guys. First post of 2009 - a (very!) belated happy new year to all - glad to still be with ya smile .

For anyone out there who doesn't believe that Bale has the requisite intensity to play the leader of the human resistance, check out this leaked "conversation" that he had with T4's director of photography in July of last year - it'll make your jaw hit the floor: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

I guess Christian must have been having a bad month; after all, it was also reported around that time that he beat up his own mother and sister following an argument in a London hotel room. Hell, no wonder he's so intimidating to the scum of Gotham City stick out tongue ; this is one Batman that I *definitely* wouldn't wanna run into down a dark alleyway ...

barand1
OMFG!

Zack Fair
I heard that convo. It cracked me up.

Ahnold
I know, it's hilarious (in a scary kinda way)! The bit that gets me is when Bale says: "Why the f**k are you walking right through, 'La Da Da Da Dah!' in the background!" big grin

I hear that one company has produced T-shirts bearing the slogan: "Christian Bale and I are done professionally" stick out tongue . Someone even made a song about the incident! No doubt about it - Bale is a man with some serious anger management issues ...

Kazenji
Obvisouly he's passionate about his acting and that one guy was piss farting around while doing his job and got Bale all worked up.

Ahnold
Still, that's hardly an excuse for the way that he acted. Christian himself recently apologised on an LA radio show, saying that he was "out of order beyond belief", and that what he did was "inexcusable".

I mentioned above that someone recorded a song about the incident: if you're interested, you can listen to the track (rather appropriately titled "R U Professional?" lol) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oFjz6JfACk stick out tongue . Funny stuff!

barand1
This month's issue of Empire magazine has the Terminator franchise as it's main feature.

http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/

vvvrulz
That Bale rant was fantastic.

"You and me, we're done professionally". lol brilliant.

But on the topic, I think Bale would make a better terminator to be honest, he could pull off that expressionless mode (as did Robert Patrick) really well.

The adult John Conner presented to us in T2 looked grittier and generally tougher than Bale does. He is a fantastic actor though, and he will pull it off. I just think he looks a bit wrong.

barand1
I've never considered Bale to be a Terminator, but now you've mentioned it, that would be very good, no doubt about it.

Ahnold
I, too, had not considered this, but I'm sure he would've made a hell of a Terminator as well (although his robotic vocal cords would probably short-circuit within a week stick out tongue ).

vvvrulz
lol Imagine Nick Stahl the terminator....

Actually i'd rather not

*shivers*

barand1
Ha... aww Stahl is a good actor embarrasment

vvvrulz
Hey i'm convinced Hayden Christiansen can act, even despite his Anakin and Jumper 'roles'.

I just think Stahl was a little out of his depth, or at least was mis-directed by Mostow. Nothing to do with his acting.

barand1
If the script allowed character development then Stahl would of came across as a good, interesting at least, John Connor.

vvvrulz
Yeah, both him and Kate Brewster were very poorly written. And they were the only significant non-terminator characters!

barand1
I would of gotten William Wisher to help Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato write the script... maybe.

RevoWution™©®
I reckon Christian Bale will be an awesome John Connor. He's such a versatile actor.

And Common's not too shabby either. I found his performance in "Wanted was great, although he was under-used.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.