Who could beat Jack Hawksmoor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
If he was on Galactus' biggest worldship?

Harbinger
Thanos 10/10.

Endless Mike
Bump

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Anyone capable of destroying something that size, but while it fights back. Destroying a city, for example, is far easier than destroying a city-sized foe trying to attack you.

How large is the worldship? If, like the name implies, it's the size of a planet, you'd probably have to go to planet-buster level (generally High Herald, give or take) or higher to find a good matchup.

Endless Mike
It's bigger than a small star system

DigiMark007
It's bigger than a small star system

Oh.

no expression

Well damn, that changes things. I suppose we're assuming for the sake of the thread that Jack can interface with it just like a normal city. Because technically speaking, large cities (Mexico City, New York, Tokyo, etc.) are about the biggest thing he's ever used.

But presuming that that's the case, then you'd need actual star-system destroyers, because the ship (thanks to Jack) could be self-healing, and utilize whatever weapons it already possesses, as well as being beyond gigantic and angry as hell. Sub-Skyfathers would probably be a minimum for making it a fight. The Surfer's and Thor's of the world could put up a fight, but I'd give a majority to Jack over nearly anyone this side of Odin.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Oh.

no expression

Well damn, that changes things. I suppose we're assuming for the sake of the thread that Jack can interface with it just like a normal city. Because technically speaking, large cities (Mexico City, New York, Tokyo, etc.) are about the biggest thing he's ever used.

But presuming that that's the case, then you'd need actual star-system destroyers, because the ship (thanks to Jack) could be self-healing, and utilize whatever weapons it already possesses, as well as being beyond gigantic and angry as hell. Sub-Skyfathers would probably be a minimum for making it a fight. The Surfer's and Thor's of the world could put up a fight, but I'd give a majority to Jack over nearly anyone this side of Odin. digi, look up micheal korvac.

Endrict Nuul
Wonder Woman

DigiMark007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
digi, look up micheal korvac.

I know a little about Korvac. Transcendent level something-or-other in a red flamingo shirt, yes? Why the suggestion to look him up?

occultdestroyer
Dr. Manhattan

Bentley
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I know a little about Korvac. Transcendent level something-or-other in a red flamingo shirt, yes? Why the suggestion to look him up?

He became above sky-father by downloading information from the Worldship. It seems that the ship itself can control the cosmic power to a high level, so it can give limited omniscience and great power like it did to Korvac.

(There are other times this has happened, as when the cosmic Red Skull wanted to become omnipotent)

Harbinger
Storm wins this easily.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
He became above sky-father by downloading information from the Worldship. It seems that the ship itself can control the cosmic power to a high level, so it can give limited omniscience and great power like it did to Korvac.

(There are other times this has happened, as when the cosmic Red Skull wanted to become omnipotent) yup, simply interfacing with galan's worldship the Taa II made korvac the "machine god". korvac was just a normal guy, but a man like manhattan can become one with his environment, not saying that means he will also ascend to godhood but that strictly depends on the makeup of the worldship.

golem370
Gravition Magneto Black Bolt Proteus Dragon of the Moon

janus77
I think Surfer might actually be able to pull off a 10/10 win against Jack in this scenario.

He'd have to fight him on the astral plane though, thus negating any advantage jack gets from melding with the Worldship.

Furthermore, are we to assume that Jack will simply obtain cosmic awareness without any problems?

remember, it's driven better/greater "men" insane, just simply attempting to cope with the kind of CA that Galactus (and presumably his Worldship) has.

Bentley
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yup, simply interfacing with galan's worldship the Taa II made korvac the "machine god". korvac was just a normal guy, but a man like manhattan can become one with his environment, not saying that means he will also ascend to godhood but that strictly depends on the makeup of the worldship.

To be fair, Korvac was not exactly a normal guy, his machine parts were very good with calculations -such as analysing Grandmaster's powers after seen him once-, so it is entirely possible that Jack is unable to cop with the information. It really depends if his ability to communicate with cities can increase the number of things he can think about -boost his intelligence at the very least-.

psycho gundam
digi and charlotte are the resident experts in that area.

DigiMark007
He's never had a problem with massive amounts of sensory input, which he receives when he's in a city. Most of him technically isn't human, since he's designed to be able to interface with such bodies without problems. To be fair, he's never interfaced with something this large, but the only thing that gives him head trauma is when a city undergoes massive amounts of damage....as in, a large majority of it is destroyed. Destruction of large buildings, streets, sections of cities, etc. do nothing to him.

Saying Surfer wins 10/10 is obvious bias. Against his master's ship, one that apparently made Korvac Skyfather+, I'd say even a majority for the Silvery one would be a stretch. High Heralds could compete, certainly. But likely wouldn't win much.

All of this, again, presumes that Jack interfaces it with the ship efficiently. Otherwise we have a non-thread.

Endrict Nuul

Well, Galactus can if he was on the same Galactus biggest worldship.

Doctor-Alvis
How about a Hank Henshaw?

Bentley
Hensaw would certainly be able to gain uber power from the ship like Korvac did, if not by himself by building a machine to that end.

Endless Mike
Assume Jack can interface and control it without problems

janus77
Magneto - gigantic EMP to shutdown the Worldship?

Sandman - gets in the circuitry and corrodes it?

Endless Mike
I doubt either of those would work

Also bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.