Duncan MacLoed vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
who wins?

Battlehammer
I am going with Duncan

Starscream M
I'm going with Captain America

Warrior18
Just remembered who Duncan is........HIGHLANDER!!!! lol. Didn't know he had a comic though.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
I'm going with Captain America
what a shocker. You disagreeing with me. Hell i doubt you even know who duncan is. as usual you disagree with me becuases it me.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Warrior18
Just remembered who Duncan is........HIGHLANDER!!!! lol. Didn't know he had a comic though.

he doesent I don't think. Though I think he apeared in a manga

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
what a shocker. You disagreeing with me. Hell i doubt you even know who duncan is. as usual you disagree with me becuases it me. no need for sarcasm. i disagree with you because as usual you are wrong. actually do know who duncan is and he is no where close to cap

Battlehammer
no need for sarcasm. i disagree with you because as usual you are wrong. actually do know who duncan is and he is no where close to cap
......hahahaha coming from the man I constantly destroy in arguements and constantly prove wrong. please your a joke.

Really Duncan no were near closes to capt?

Lets go over this.

First Ducan 400+ years old. so he has a large experiences edge.
Second duncan like all immortal has a vast Helaing factor. hell immortal have taken machien gun firer with out slowing, jump several stories down with out injuriy ect. and Duncan the strongest of them.
Oh duncan also able to move faster then a man who was able to move compeltely unseen by human eyes and was a blur to other immortals.

Starscream M
......hahahaha coming from the man I constantly destroy in arguements and constantly prove wrong. please your a joke.

Really Duncan no were near closes to capt?

Lets go over this.

First Ducan 400+ years old. so he has a large experiences edge.
Second duncan like all immortal has a vast Helaing factor. hell immortal have taken machien gun firer with out slowing, jump several stories down with out injuriy ect. and Duncan the strongest of them.
Oh duncan also able to move faster then a man who was able to move compeltely unseen by human eyes and was a blur to other immortals. meh

duncan might be better matched up against blade...although I think blade will win too

capt is simply too skilled for duncan

golem370
Don't forget when Duncan survived that car explosion as well.

Soljer
I only saw a few episodes of the series, but I saw all the films.

I don't recall seeing anything that would lead me to believe Connor or Duncan could take Cap.

But, like I said, I didn't watch all of the episodes. So I probably missed a bit.

Battlehammer
meh

duncan might be better matched up against blade...although I think blade will win too

..........two skill vs a man who ahs 400 year of expeirences in military and martial arts. If anything duncan would eb the superior in skill

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
I only saw a few episodes of the series, but I saw all the films.

I don't recall seeing anything that would lead me to believe Connor or Duncan could take Cap.

But, like I said, I didn't watch all of the episodes. So I probably missed a bit.

that becuases of the time period and it being life action. just like in star wars there anime counter parts are display as far more powerful.

the newest movie and the animae displays duncan and immortals as a whole with vast superhuman stats being able to move far faster then humanly possiable to the point of being compeltely unseen by the human eye

Juntai
Although it wasn't often portrayed well, the Highlander characters, particularly more powerful ones, are meant to be far faster and stronger than humans as well.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Juntai
Although it wasn't often portrayed well, the Highlander characters, particularly more powerful ones, are meant to be far faster and stronger than humans as well.
yup

Starscream M
..........two skill vs a man who ahs 400 year of expeirences in military and martial arts. If anything duncan would eb the superior in skill so because duncan has more experience, he is more skilled?

that's crap logic

Battlehammer
so because duncan has more experience, he is more skilled?

that's crap logic
..........he spent his entire 400 years playing a "The Game" which conist of himself fighting other inhumanly powerful being trying to cut off his head............

He constantly trained over the years master numerous martial art styles and is consider the greatest swordsmaster of all the immortals..........which is saying something since almost eveyr single one is a master with at sword play

Soljer
that becuases of the time period and it being life action. just like in star wars there anime counter parts are display as far more powerful.

the newest movie and the animae displays duncan and immortals as a whole with vast superhuman stats being able to move far faster then humanly possiable to the point of being compeltely unseen by the human eye

That's all well and good, but Captain America's been presented as being pretty friggin superhuman. Certainly able to move far faster than the human eye can track. *shrugs*

Like I said, my knowledge is limited - but given that knowledge, I don't see Duncan winning.

If you have some specific feats you'd care to list, my opinion may change.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
That's all well and good, but Captain America's been presented as being pretty friggin superhuman. Certainly able to move far faster than the human eye can track. *shrugs*

Like I said, my knowledge is limited - but given that knowledge, I don't see Duncan winning.

If you have some specific feats you'd care to list, my opinion may change.

when did capt move so fast that he was actaully not seen. I don't mean he could not be tracked, but was actaulyl completely not seen.

duncan fought at that level of speed for an entire battle.

actually in the most recent film, duncan caused his opponet to spinn so fast that his opponet actually drilled himself into the ground.

Newjak
..........he spent his entire 400 years playing a "The Game" which conist of himself fighting other inhumanly powerful being trying to cut off his head............

He constantly trained over the years master numerous martial art styles and is consider the greatest swordsmaster of all the immortals..........which is saying something since almost eveyr single one is a master with at sword play Wasn't it you who once said that simply because Thor has more experience that doesn't mean he is more skilled than Wolverine?

Despite the fact Thor has "constantly trained over the years master numerous fighting styles and is considered the greatest warrior of all the immortals"

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Newjak
Wasn't you who once said that simply because Thor has more experience that doesn't mean he is more skilled than Wolverine?

Despite the fact Thor has "constantly trained over the years master numerous fighting styles and is considered the greatest warrior of all the immortals"
maybe.

I not saying Duncan more skilled I am saying he as skilled. and Duncan actually displays vast skills every time he fights. He a martial artist through and through not some brawler who realizes soully on his powers.

and yet thor has no feats that suggest he even 2nd tier.............

Starscream M

and yet thor has no feats that suggest he even 2nd tier............. lol

Juntai
maybe.

I not saying Duncan more skilled I am saying he as skilled. and Duncan actually displays vast skills every time he fights. He a martial artist through and through not some brawler who realizes soully on his powers.

and yet thor has no feats that suggest he even 2nd tier............. Would you say he's as skilled as... Wolverine?

DarkOdin
Capt takes this after a long fight.

duncan is good but cap has gone toe to toe with

Logan who has a faster reg then the Duncan.

Cap has been able to block and hurt both Hulk and Thor.

Nothing anything duncan has shown to able to do.

Battlehammer
Would you say he's as skilled as... Wolverine?
I think capt, abtman and wolverine are likly slightly more skilled then him. He be top tier, jsut they be slightly more skilled in h2h.

but there skill be so closes it be more or less a no factor in the fight

Battlehammer
Originally posted by DarkOdin

Cap has been able to block and hurt both Hulk and Thor.

Nothing anything duncan has shown to able to do.
...........well that be due to the fact his universes has no hulk or thor type beings............

Starscream M
...........well that be due to the fact his universes has no hulk or thor type beings............ you never cease to amaze me laughing

Battlehammer
you never cease to amaze me laughing
........what so amazing.........

He said duncan never hurt some one of hulk or thor level, but capt has.

It kinda of impossiablle to hurt a beining like hulk or thor when nothing like them exist in your reality

DarkOdin
........what so amazing.........

He said duncan never hurt some one of hulk or thor level, but capt has.

It kinda of impossiablle to hurt a beining like hulk or thor when nothing like them exist in your reality

Duncan has been beat up plenty of times in the show. Then never displayed anything close to a feet strength to Cap not even close.

hell being cut by a sword slows them done until they heal cap. has taking many wounds when he fought Logan and fought thru it.

Battlehammer
Duncan has been beat up plenty of times in the show. Then never displayed anything close to a feet strength to Cap not even close.

hell being cut by a sword slows them done until they heal cap. has taking many wounds when he fought Logan and fought thru it.
........what are you talking about he only got punch and kicked by logan never slashed or stabbed.

thats becuases it a tv show. In the books he has quite a few strength feats, but strength matters little in this match up.

He taken crap loads of damage in books as has other immortals with out falling. stabbs, bullets ect and kept comming.

He foughten an entrie battle at speed so fast human could not see them period.

highlanders are far superior in books, anamies, manga ect. There suposes to be vastly superior to humans even in the tv show and movies however it hard to potray so it dumb down. however in the recent movie they display vast superhuman speeds

DarkOdin
........what are you talking about he only got punch and kicked by logan never slashed or stabbed.

thats becuases it a tv show. In the books he has quite a few strength feats, but strength matters little in this match up.

He taken crap loads of damage in books as has other immortals with out falling. stabbs, bullets ect and kept comming.

He foughten an entrie battle at speed so fast human could not see them period.

highlanders are far superior in books, anamies, manga ect. There suposes to be vastly superior to humans even in the tv show and movies however it hard to potray so it dumb down. however in the recent movie they display vast superhuman speeds

Faster speeds then humans is nothign close to battling near
Caps what fought.

Caps battling agaisnt marvel villians puts him in a higher class

Battlehammer
Faster speeds then humans is nothign close to battling near
Caps what fought.

Caps battling agaisnt marvel villians puts him in a higher class
faster then humans could see......

he fought an entire battle moving such speeds normal humans could not see the fight

no not at all.

Battlehammer
it be a closes fight

Soljer
If he fought an entire fight at such speeds that he was, literally invisible, I'd say he is quite a bit faster than the likes of Captain America, Wolverine, and even Spiderman.

All of them may become a blur and be unable to be tracked, but to actually be invisible is some quicksilver level speed.

Xplosive

No way. Maybe in h2h could go to Cap., but not in all departments. You do know he has been fighting constantly for 400 years. And also the knowledge Duncan gained from others, experience and vast skills. Duncan wins this. I also remember Duncan moving so fast that he wasn't able to be seen by human eyes. And Duncan is the most powerful immortal. He has also shown strength far above humans (but often they really aren't portrayed that well in the movie or show, but even in the last movie it was seen his strength and speed).

when did capt move so fast that he was actaully not seen. I don't mean he could not be tracked, but was actaulyl completely not seen.

Never and Captain is nowhere near fast as that and nowhere near as fast as Duncan (not even as Duncan from the last movie).

And showing character in a show or a movie and comic is different. Cap. America is many times written in comics more than what he is capable of, far more than what his physical abilities offers him. In comic they can afford that, but not in a movie, because it seems a joke then.

Does anyone expect that writers and director would afford that Batman in a movie would kick Darkseid and make him bleed?
You get the point.

Soljer
Originally posted by Xplosive

And showing character in a show or a movie and comic is different. Cap. America is many times written in comics more than what he is capable of, far more than what his physical abilities offers him. In comic they can afford that, but not in a movie, because it seems a joke then.

Does anyone expect that writers and director would afford that Batman in a movie would kick Darkseid and make him bleed?
You get the point.

Of course everyone gets the point.

However, if the fight is comic vs. movie, you don't take that into account. It'd be pointless to speculate on what the movie character might be capable of in a Comic, or vice versa.

That's why it's not inconceivable to put comic Wolverine vs. movie Hulk. Comic characters, on average, vastly outshine their movie counterparts.

This time, however, it doesn't seem to be the case. That's a wicked speed feat.

Endrict Nuul
I tink Capian Ameriac wins.

Brutacus
First of all yes there is a highlander comic.
Duncan( who took over 176 heads) ain't that great now iff it was connor (who took over 262 heads) was much more dangerous.

Even iff Duncan trains a lot where does it say he is the most powerful one????
Heck he doesn't even play the game like other immortals.
He issn't even that old compared to others like his friend Methos the oldest immortal who is over 5000 years.

I can see cap taking this fight.

Endrict Nuul
Would you say he's as skilled as... Wolverine?

No one is as skilled as Logan....

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Brutacus
First of all yes there is a highlander comic.
Duncan( who took over 176 heads) ain't that great now iff it was connor (who took over 262 heads) was much more dangerous.

Duncan killed connor........gaining all of connor power.........
Even iff Duncan trains a lot where does it say he is the most powerful one????
Heck he doesn't even play the game like other immortals.

He the best swordsmen of them all and is actaully the one.

He issn't even that old compared to others like his friend Methos the oldest immortal who is over 5000 years.

I can see cap taking this fight.
yes and Methos has admitted Duncan is his superior.

TakiJedenBuc
Duncan 7/10 i think without weapons he can score even
more

rotiart
If you are going by the movie... Connor taught Duncan a technique... that as a countermeasure... once began, could not be stopped.

Connor knew that as separate individuals, they could not defeat the 3rd immortal. So they saw it as, they needed to be one. And that meant one of them had to die.

Connor PURPOSEDLY set himself up to die, so that Duncan would live on. So if you're going by the movie, its speculative that Duncan was the better at that time....

But after Connor's death, Duncan would have all of Connors skill and strength.

As far as the VERSION, we are going with, you cannot have it all 3 ways. You can't say, I'm using the best feats from the comic, the movie and the cartoon, and the live action tv show. PICK ONE.

If you go with movie version. He loses bad to cap. If you go with live action tv. Again loses bad to cap as there were no displays of exceptional strength/speed, etc. If you go with the cartoon, the character was Quentin Mcleod, not duncan Mcleod.

If you go with the manga, i'll have to take your word as I've never read them, but until my hard drive got wiped, i used to own every episode of the highlander movies, and cartoon, and both live action series, the one with duncan and the one with raven.

Personally though, Cap fought against guys like Heimdall and Baldur... Thousand year old gods who were no slouches with the sword... Also the swordsman, and the black knight... and taskmaster..

And caps taken hits, from Iron Man, Mr Hyde, Hulk, the wrecking crew... if you wanna take strength.

As far as skill? knowing about spiderman's spidersense and his speed and strength and agility, cap still tagged spidey in civil war, buckling him with his punches.

If you go with the comics...

DarkOdin
Originally posted by rotiart
If you are going by the movie... Connor taught Duncan a technique... that as a countermeasure... once began, could not be stopped.

Connor knew that as separate individuals, they could not defeat the 3rd immortal. So they saw it as, they needed to be one. And that meant one of them had to die.

Connor PURPOSEDLY set himself up to die, so that Duncan would live on. So if you're going by the movie, its speculative that Duncan was the better at that time....

As far as the VERSION, we are going with, you cannot have it all 3 ways. You can't say, I'm using the best feats from the comic, the movie and the cartoon, and the live action tv show. PICK ONE.

If you go with movie version. He loses bad to cap. If you go with live action tv. Again loses bad to cap as there were no displays of exceptional strength/speed, etc. If you go with the cartoon, the character was Quentin Mcleod, not duncan Mcleod.

If you go with the manga, i'll have to take your word as I've never read them, but until my hard drive got wiped, i used to own every episode of the highlander movies, and cartoon, and both live action series, the one with duncan and the one with raven.

Personally though, Cap fought against guys like Heimdall and Baldur... Thousand year old gods who were no slouches with the sword... Also the swordsman, and the black knight... and taskmaster..

And caps taken hits, from Iron Man, Mr Hyde, Hulk, the wrecking crew... if you wanna take strength.

As far as skill? knowing about spiderman's spidersense and his speed and strength and agility, cap still tagged spidey in civil war, buckling him with his punches.

If you go with the comics...

I that ladies and gentleman is what is know as a burn.

Great Post Capt. for the win.

Starscream M
Originally posted by rotiart

If you go with the comics... nice post

case closed...Capt wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.