Important Reminder!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardock42
If you are dissatisfied with actions of a Global Moderator you can and should PM Raz about it. That's the official stance of Raz and the Mods, as I have been told repeatedly. Don't make threads about the misbehaviour (however dumb and childish and biased it may have been) this just gets you in trouble. If enough people PM Raz about a Mod it is more likely he will take action about it. This seems to be not well known or under utilized, so, if you think a Mod abused their power please drop Raz a line or two about why you think that (and yes, Raz checks in from time to time, to say "He's never on, there is no point" just furthers misdemeanor and abuse).

Here's you can PM him for convenience

Thank you

The Grey Fox
I sent one a little while ago. I explained exactly what I was concerned about, and perhaps what could be done about it. I feel that doing this is better than making threads about my issues, because like you said, that will only lead to me getting in trouble.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
I sent one a little while ago. I explained exactly what I was concerned about, and perhaps what could be done about it. I feel that doing this is better than making threads about my issues, because like you said, that will only lead to me getting in trouble. I agree, on top of getting you in trouble it also makes people feel more sympathy for the Mod, as they are publically called out on it. It can also lead to a whole 3 page thread be deleted because it made the hypocrisy more apparent. It really doesn't lead to much. So, PM Raz if you think someone abused their power or banned someone for minor or non issues...he'll take care of it if he thinks it is justified.

Vinny Valentine
You do realize that when an Admin makes a member a mod, they are putting all their trust into at person to make the right decision right? I've hardly ever seen an Admin undo a mod's calling, unless it was so over the top it made no sense. Stop crying about chill kthxbai.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
You do realize that when an Admin makes a member a mod, they are putting all their trust into at person to make the right decision right? I've hardly ever seen an Admin undo a mod's calling, unless it was so over the top it made no sense. Stop crying about chill kthxbai. And if they let that trust down they might reconsider. Which is why if you feel they do abuse it you have to tell him. And I have seen a few Mods on here being stripped of their power after misbehaving in one way or another.

I understand you didn't like chill, but this is generally a reminder, because I often heard some people say that it is pointless to PM Raz, it is not, he himself said that it is what should be done.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Bardock42
And if they let that trust down they might reconsider. Which is why if you feel they do abuse it you have to tell him. And I have seen a few Mods on here being stripped of their power after misbehaving in one way or another.

I understand you didn't like chill, but this is generally a reminder, because I often heard some people say that it is pointless to PM Raz, it is not, he himself said that it is what should be done.

I'll bug you on MSN for awhile till I go to class.

Bardock42
I'll bug you on MSN for awhile till I go to class. Go ahead.

Moosey
Did someone piss you off Marius?

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Moosey

Yep.

Bardock42

Yeah, that too.

Moosey
Yeah, that too.

Oh.

Hows that rash?

dadudemon
You do realize that when an Admin makes a member a mod, they are putting all their trust into at person to make the right decision right? I've hardly ever seen an Admin undo a mod's calling, unless it was so over the top it made no sense. Stop crying about chill kthxbai.

QFT

Also, I PM'd Raz. I told him that if he de-mods WD, he should appoint Bardock42 to be the replacement Global Mod.

Bardock42, I don't care if you dont' want the responsibility. You seem to be so outspoken about WD I figure that you could do a better job. I can personally be sure that you would approach each incident with logic and fairness, so I'm sure you would do a good job anyway.

WD, I think you're doing a fine job as a moderator and have shown very intelligent moderating in the past such as temporarily closing the picture thread instead of banning myself, Robtard, Bardock, Chill, DK, and Schector. You're not perfect, but I don't think any mod is. (I don't think Peach has ever done anything wrong, from what I can observe...the only time I had a problem with her, we worked it out in PMs.) This last time, when Chill was banned, he was obviously being a smarta** and not serious. I think he was making a comment about the damned socks that show up here all the time.

I think Chill should have banned a long time ago and I should have been banned at least once, if we were going to be more strict by the rules. It's not as though people don't know when they do or don't break the rules, and Chill was a smart guy (smarter than most, actually). His perma ban was probably incorrect based on the context of his post, but based on his past behaviors I can see why WD would confuse his post for malice towards mods.

Maybe we can appease? Maybe we could allow chill to create a new account and start fresh? I'll sure miss his fresh perspectives.

WrathfulDwarf

I ban him and another member for continue to throw fights in the GDF. So, because of my actions he feels I should be put on trial. Since I can't put him on ignore I have to deal with his attitude from now on.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I ban him and another member for continue to throw fights in the GDF. So, because of my actions he feels I should be put on trial. Since I can't put him on ignore I have to deal with his attitude from now on. Please, try to stay on topic. I know it's the Off Topic forum, but this is an important note, many people don't know what to do in such situations.

Rogue Jedi
Same shit happened when Slipknot was banned. People moaned and cried about it, but in the end he stayed banned. Nothing will be accomplished by crying to Raz about this.

Bardock42
This is not about getting chill unbanned. I am sure he will be just fine.

Neo Darkhalen

Yes that's true, someone trustworthy becomes a mod, however trust can be easily broken, and if one member breaks the rules they must face the consequences, this goes for mods as well, it's all well and good to be nice and get that mod title, but fact is once you start abusing your power or you begin to think your better then every other poster on the board that is not a mod, yeah then you have a problem...now i except that mods have a hard task at times and yes if something happens they should deal with it in a mature and responsible way, acting like children or being a dick about it....yeah then thats not good, never mind i just wanted to say that, right now you can go ahead and bash me, for my views conflict with your own...we'll see what happens then.

dadudemon
This is not about getting chill unbanned. I am sure he will be just fine.

Did you read my post, Bards?

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by dadudemon
QFT
Also, I PM'd Raz. I told him that if he de-mods WD, he should appoint Bardock42 to be the replacement Global Mod.

Bardock42, I don't care if you dont' want the responsibility. You seem to be so outspoken about WD I figure that you could do a better job. I can personally be sure that you would approach each incident with logic and fairness, so I'm sure you would do a good job anyway.

WD, I think you're doing a fine job as a moderator and have shown very intelligent moderating in the past such as temporarily closing the picture thread instead of banning myself, Robtard, Bardock, Chill, DK, and Schector. You're not perfect, but I don't think any mod is. (I don't think Peach has ever done anything wrong, from what I can observe...the only time I had a problem with her, we worked it out in PMs.) This last time, when Chill was banned, he was obviously being a smarta** and not serious. I think he was making a comment about the damned socks that show up here all the time.

I think Chill should have banned a long time ago and I should have been banned at least once, if we were going to be more strict by the rules. It's not as though people don't know when they do or don't break the rules, and Chill was a smart guy (smarter than most, actually). His perma ban was probably incorrect based on the context of his post, but based on his past behaviors I can see why WD would confuse his post for malice towards mods.

Maybe we can appease? Maybe we could allow chill to create a new account and start fresh? I'll sure miss his fresh perspectives.

Did you just tell me to quit ****ing talking? Dude get the **** out of here if you want to be like that. Learn how a mod system works, Raz or any admin doesn't just appoint someone to become a mod because of popular vote, that's not how it works. I'm also sick of people saying chill was not being serious, How the hell do you know? It's speculation on both sides, so stop using that god damned argument. WD was completely in the right for the ban, and it's happened in the past with other mods banning members for such actions, if Chill couldn't see this, that's his fault.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Same shit happened when Slipknot was banned. People moaned and cried about it, but in the end he stayed banned. Nothing will be accomplished by crying to Raz about this.

This post is so, incredibly true.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Yes that's true, someone trustworthy becomes a mod, however trust can be easily broken, and if one member breaks the rules they must face the consequences, this goes for mods as well, it's all well and good to be nice and get that mod title, but fact is once you start abusing your power or you begin to think your better then every other poster on the board that is not a mod, yeah then you have a problem...now i except that mods have a hard task at times and yes if something happens they should deal with it in a mature and responsible way, acting like children or being a dick about it....yeah then thats not good, never mind i just wanted to say that, right now you can go ahead and bash me, for my views conflict with your own...we'll see what happens then.

WD didn't abuse his power.

Neo Darkhalen
This post is so, incredibly true.

WD didn't abuse his power.

I never said it was WD now did I, i just said that a mod as a whole has to be sensible and mature.

The Grey Fox
WD didn't abuse his power. Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
How the hell do you know? It's speculation on both sides, so stop using that god damned argument. Pretty much applies here too.

Vinny Valentine
I never said it was WD now did I, i just said that a mod as a whole has to be sensible and mature.

I assumed you were talking about the situation at hand, which, you probably were?

Rogue Jedi
This post is so, incredibly true.Every once in a while I actually make a sensible post. laughing out loud

thumb up Indeed. WD gets shit done, that's all.

Bardock42
Did you read my post, Bards? Yeah.

Now, please stop talking about WD? He's not the issue.

dadudemon
Did you just tell me to quit ****ing talking? Dude get the **** out of here if you want to be like that.

VV, I have not idea what is wrong with you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=qft

You need a time out. You need to cool a bit so you can think rationally.

Learn how a mod system works, Raz or any admin doesn't just appoint someone to become a mod because of popular vote, that's not how it works.

Since the member's make the forum, yes, Raz does and would listen if everyone started whining, IF it was justified.

I'm also sick of people saying chill was not being serious, How the hell do you know?

I know Chill on a more personal level than most. Also, if you follow his posting style, he is quite the witty smarta**. Do you remember me praising his smarta** prowess in the OTF and GDF? Probably not.

It's speculation on both sides, so stop using that god damned argument.

No it's not. You act as if no one talks to him outside of KMC. Please calm down.

WD was completely in the right for the ban, and it's happened in the past with other mods banning members for such actions, if Chill couldn't see this, that's his fault.

IMO, Chill should have been perma-banned a long time ago. Not because I don't like him, (I think he's a nice guy), but because of his actions. On equal footing, I've earned myself a ban or two, but didn't get it because I was shown leniency, just like Chill was shown for quite some time.

Vinny Valentine
Pretty much applies here too.

No, no it doesn't. Not at all. A Mod abusing power is completely and utterly noticeable, especially if you've been a mod yourself on a big forum. Knowing if a guy is being funny when he says "**** the mods, make a sock if you get banned" (In longer terms) is not the same thing at all.

Neo Darkhalen
I assumed you were talking about the situation at hand, which, you probably were?

Well perhaps it's best to do a little less assuming.

Vinny Valentine
Well perhaps it's best to do a little less assuming.

Then how can people assume Chill was joking? wink

Neo Darkhalen

srug I don't know why you're asking me, how am i supposed to know?

If you want an answer go ask them.

Bardock42
Please stop talking about chill or WD or anyone in specific.

That was the whole point of my thread. Don't drag it out here, PM Raz if you feel something's wrong. You will just get this thread closed.

The Grey Fox

Vinny Valentine

dadudemon
Vinny, I would appreciate an apology for your offesnive post earlier. You were in the wrong and you assumed incorrectly.

You have more posts here than I have had on the entire internet, I don't know why you didn't know what QFT meant. We pretty much agree. The only thing we disagree about is the context of Chill's post.

The Grey Fox
K.Diddy used smiles, and all his posts were attacks against the Mods and other members, that doesn't mean he was joking in every attack now does it? You're comparing ALWAYS using smilies to NEVER using smilies? Surely you can see how different those two things are?

Vinny Valentine
Vinny, I would appreciate an apology for your offesnive post earlier. You were in the wrong and you assumed incorrectly.

You have more posts here than I have had on the entire internet, I don't know why you didn't know what QFT meant. We pretty much agree. The only thing we disagree about is the context of Chill's post.

QFT means "Quit ****ing Talking" Unless, you think it's something else, then, well, maybe, uh. PM Me, I'm heading to class.

You're comparing ALWAYS using smilies to NEVER using smilies? Surely you can see how different those two things are?

You miss the point.

dadudemon
QFT means "Quit ****ing Talking" Unless, you think it's something else, then, well, maybe, uh. PM Me, I'm heading to class.

I posted the link in my response to your original post to Urban dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=qft

It means "quoted for truth". Ask any body on these forums what it means. I have never seen it used any other way.

Also, QFMT means "quote for mother ****in' truth" for a particular point that you thought was awesome...it's the uber version of qft.

~Wĺlshy~
Please stop talking about chill or WD or anyone in specific.

That was the whole point of my thread. Don't drag it out here, PM Raz if you feel something's wrong. You will just get this thread closed. i bet you made this thread to drag it all in here. you and your crafty ways. uhuh

dadudemon

Bardock42

dadudemon
I actually didn't. I think there should be a thread where you can discuss that stuff, but I didn't mean this one to be it.

Oh.

My bad.

I thought you were tying to make it obvious to everyone to send a PM to Raz about the WD situation because "all your threads are belong to us".

Bardock42
Oh.

My bad.

I thought you were tying to make it obvious to everyone to send a PM to Raz about the WD situation because "all your threads are belong to us". Well, that much is obvious, it was caused by my believe that the recent actons weren't justified. But it was not intended to be a discussion of them. It was generally a reminder. Raz told me a few months back that that is the only way to "report" a moderator. So it was intended generally, but also giving suggestions for what to do if what happened yesterday seemed wrong to you. It is not to discuss a situation or blame anyone.

Mairuzu
I'll be PMing Raz about this... it was uncalled for and it is downright bullshit...

I know its just an avatar.. but he has no right to take it from Roland.

hopefully this issue will be solved.

Rogue Jedi

It means "quoted for truth". Ask any body on these forums what it means. I have never seen it used any other way.

Also, QFMT means "quote for mother ****in' truth" for a particular point that you thought was awesome...it's the uber version of qft. I thought it meant "Queer Furry Testicles." confused

dadudemon
I thought it meant "Queer Furry Testicles." confused

I thought it meant quantum field theory before I knew about the internetz. confused

Kelly_Bean
Gone for a few hours and KMC Island's f*cking volcano explodes.

cry

Dreamt
Raz won't read it.
because he won't log in to see it.

Ax3l
I think I'd be a good mod.

RogerRamjet
couldn't be arsed to read the two preceding pages...what the **** is this all about? and why the **** is everybody whining when christmas is just around the corner?

Bardock42
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
couldn't be arsed to read the two preceding pages...what the **** is this all about? and why the **** is everybody whining when christmas is just around the corner? One of those two questions were answered in the preceding 2 pages. I shan't tell you which though.

RogerRamjet
One of those two answers were answered in the preceding 2 pages. I shan't tell you which though.

that's unfair! i had a long day at work..jus' gimme the ****ing skinny on what's goin' on....

Bardock42
that's unfair! i had a long day at work..jus' gimme the ****ing skinny on what's goin' on.... How did you working today benefit me?

RogerRamjet
How did you working today benefit me?

hard to say...are you in England now?

Bardock42
hard to say...are you in England now? Yes, my good sir.

RogerRamjet
Yes, my good sir.

cool...permanently?

Röland
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'll be PMing Raz about this... it was uncalled for and it is downright bullshit...

I know its just an avatar.. but he has no right to take it from Roland.

hopefully this issue will be solved.
Adding fuel to the fire. haermm

Mairuzu
He stepped down from being a mod

dadudemon
He stepped down from being a mod

But he still as the 1337 moderator title...so it isn't official.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dreamt
Raz won't read it.
because he won't log in to see it. Raz won't give a rats ass. He will trust that WD did the right thing by banning Chill. As someone mentioned earlier, Raz places trust in mods to maintain order.

Neo Darkhalen
Raz won't give a rats ass. He will trust that WD did the right thing by banning Chill. As someone mentioned earlier, Raz places trust in mods to maintain order.

We aren't getting back into that.

Rogue Jedi
We aren't getting back into that. Regardless of what is said and done here, it's obvious what the purpose of this thread is for. Bardock makes it sound like a PSA, but come on, dont tell me you buy that BS.

ScarletSpeed

nah, they know he was joking for the simple fact that many of us talk to him outwith KMC.

lol, you're chill-hating obsession is creepy.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
nah, they know he was joking for the simple fact that many of us talk to him outwith KMC.

lol, you're chill-hating obsession is creepy. Who are you? your name looks familiar.... hmm

ScarletSpeed
Who are you? your name looks familiar.... hmm

oh hai/

Neo Darkhalen
oh hai/

Its you!!! my god you're back!!!

Hi. awesome

Mairuzu
oh hai/ sock

ScarletSpeed
true

ScarletSpeed
Its you!!! my god you're back!!!

Hi. awesome

shut the smurf up smile

Kosta

Slipknot was banned for different reasons, and to be honest, he deserved what he got despite the fact that he was entertaining. TH did nothing that a 1000 other members on this boards haven't done on a 1000 other occasions without getting banned for it. He just got unlucky.

There has ALWAS been an inconsistency in the way the dicipline members. I don't know if it's fovoriteism or something else. It happens, and it will continue happening as long as people are appointed to moderating positions. Meh. I'm just glad he's not permabanned.

Impediment
Raz puts all of the executive decision making choices into the hands of the Moderators. He is very, very seldom involved in affairs like this.

Is this going to garner his attention? Maybe so. If you feel the need to do so, then, by all means, do it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Raz puts all of the executive decision making choices into the hands of the Moderators. He is very, very seldom involved in affairs like this.

Is this going to garner his attention? Maybe so. If you feel the need to do so, then, by all means, do it.

Yeah, and for the most part the system works. I just like to remind people what to do if they feel that a Mod did something wrong, because I don't like seeing my friends banned for making threads about it or continuing to argue, while on the other hand them not knowing what to do properly makes the system not work, as at most 2-3 people would even PM Raz about something (presumably).

shiv
SPAM

Your blood sugar is low Bardock.

Bardock42
Originally posted by shiv
Your blood sugar is low Bardock. INCORRECT!!!

The three cakes and ten sodas I just had beg to differ.

Rogue Jedi
Obviously a mod must be fair and unbiased, but what other qualifications does Raz look for?

MIŠT
Obviously a mod must be fair and unbiased, but what other qualifications does Raz look for?

Knowledge in field?

Kosta
A bachelor degree of interwebz?

MIŠT
A PhD in Astrophysics? In case of....an argument in....the field of....astrophysics comes up? lookaround

Kosta
A Major in Minor Muff Diving?

In case... muff?

MIŠT
A Major in A Major Songwriting?

Kosta
Advanced diploma in Shoop da Woop!

Scythe
thumb up Indeed. WD gets shit done, that's all. F*ck that, all opinion based.

Lord Knightfa11
A degree in stfu.

Kosta
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
A degree in stfu.

A degree in **** you.

Lord Knightfa11
thats for the lady moderators smile

GCG
Lets not forget a mod should be learnt in written dissertation of volouptuos toe jam clusters and a firm belief in re-incarnation as a rogue falafel.

JacopeX
I, along with many other members sent PM's to Raz about Lana and other mods who have banned me since the violation I committed was done for more than a year. SO they used something that was in my profile for over a year to ban me once they began to bash me. It's funny because they knew that once I began to defend myself against these mods, they get butt hurt and banned me......And these people are mods? What a joke.

GCG
Wow ;

Ushgarak
That's a warning for you Jacope. I have made my feelings on this clear- zero tolerance on mod bashing in the forums.

Seriously, this will not be tolerated. All comments about moderator actions, warnings and bannings are to be kept out of the public forums. Use Private Messaging only.

Closing this thread as, regardless of its purpose, its function has been used to widen the argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.