The Uninvited

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
This was mentioned in the horror remake thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. In terms of remakes it looks good, but it also looks good in its own right, I think. I'm a big fan of Emily Browning (Yes, I kinda loved her in Lemony Snicket) and, of course, Elizabeth Banks. I saw the trailer for this while I was watching Zack and Miri, and now I definitely want to see it.

Trailer for anyone who missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7x8lWBr4VQ

Discuss! big grin

BruceSkywalker
I like Elizabeth Banks..

This may be worth seeing

MildPossession
The original is a top horror from Asia, I will not be rushing to see this remake.

ariwin
If the original is really good, then it means the remake has good source material to pull from. smile I'm generally of the opinion of liking remakes as a concept... if it'll get a new audience interested in the original, I'm all for it. And if the original sucks, then remakes get a chance to improve on it.

And yeah... love Elizabeth Banks.

MildPossession
The good source means nothing... look at all the classic films that have been remade, and the remakes were total rubbish... and bad films are rarely remade unfortunately.

KurtRussellCrow
I want to watch the original. I hear nothing but great things.

ariwin
MildPossession - yeah, that's why I was saying whether the source material is good or bad, there can be good or bad things about the remake. Mostly I'm interested in this for the cast -- I feel like so many remakes involve people we've never seen before, which can be good or bad, but this involves two actresses already that I really like (Elizabeth Banks and Emily Browning) so I'm quite interested in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.