The Dark Knight vs Jigsaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
here is the story. batman gets called to a crime scene in gotham by commissoner gordon and the crime has someone hanging from chains with hooks connected to each part of the body, and there only way to escape was to manaver(sp)in a sequence to where the chains release and the hooks would break but they only had 5 min(after 5 min the chains will tighten and the hooks will yank from the body creating server wounds and massive blood loss). when batman comes to investigate, he finds a tape and jigsaw piece from the victims body where the victims is seen dead from massive blood loss. batman plays the tape and it says he has exactly 72 hours to figure out how to save all of the saw victims from each movie. The warning being he should only save the victims from saw 1 saw 5. What does batman do.

note. the chain and hook trap i mentioned is something i made up

trailer

trailer

The Grey Fox
Batman's pretty much a genius in that field. If it's anyone who could solve the Jigsaw puzzle's, he'd be pretty high up in the list.

Due to this detective skills, I think Batman solves this one easily.

rox
but do u think batman would go against jigsaws warnings

Placidity
Yes, he would just find out where the victims are and save all of them. Then he'll find jigsaw and make him cry.

Dr Will Hatch
I made a thread just like this in the comics forum. Pretty much everyone said that the Jigsaw is in the minor leagues compared to genius' like Batman. Even TDK version would probably save everyone, and apprehend Jigsaw and those two morons he has working for him.

Endrict Nuul
We havent see PWJ yet.....so we cant make judgement yet off of a trailer.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

jaden101
i just have visions of batman walking into a cancer ward and beating the shit out of a frail old man on his death bed

that'd rock

Mairuzu
We havent see PWJ yet.....so we cant make judgement yet off of a trailer. He is talking about the Jigsaw from the Saw movies , no?

rox

whats pwj

rox
Originally posted by Mairuzu
He is talking about the Jigsaw from the Saw movies , no?

your correct

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by jaden101
i just have visions of batman walking into a cancer ward and beating the shit out of a frail old man on his death bed

that'd rock Yes it would.

In fact, there should be an entire movie trilogy dedicated to it.

rox
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Yes it would.

In fact, there should be an entire movie trilogy dedicated to it. if that is the case then they should have the riddler be similar to jigsaw but have the riddler much younger

Devil King
I thought this was a Batman v the Punisher villain thread.

The guy from SAW would get his ass handed to him by Batman.

BruceSkywalker
Batman would care of this guy after a nice fight

Dark-Jaxx
...Why would Batman FIGHT an old man with cancer? no expression

He's not Russel Crowe for Christ's sake...

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...Why would Batman FIGHT an old man with cancer? no expression

He's not Russel Crowe for Christ's sake...

I'd take someone seriously who uses all their time to build deathtraps to compensate for his soon to be done with life.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I'd take someone seriously who uses all their time to build deathtraps to compensate for his soon to be done with life. ...But why would he FIGHT him?

Just solve his games, then arrest him.

Master Crimzon
Seriously. If Batman so much as touches Jigsaw, Jigsaw's dead.

Basically, the thread idea is that Batman- without any instructions from Jigsaw- has to figure out the way to solve all of Jigsaw's traps? I'll probably give him the win in that. 72 hours is a long ass time.

rox
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Seriously. If Batman so much as touches Jigsaw, Jigsaw's dead.

Basically, the thread idea is that Batman- without any instructions from Jigsaw- has to figure out the way to solve all of Jigsaw's traps? I'll probably give him the win in that. 72 hours is a long ass time.

actually the figure out how to solve all his traps is extremely easy. Its following the rules which is hard because he is told to save only the saw 5 and saw 1 victims. he still has the saw 2,3,4 victims who he was told not to save

inter132
Well, Batman's major is criminology, so he will really pawn jigsaw.

Sado22
this is movie batman. he doesn't have the jobber aura or the PIS of comicbooks on his side. so no, he goes down cuz one of the most overlooked things in batman world is how predictable and easy to psychoanalyse he is. and Jiggy is a master of the mind. Batman is easy to play: he's suffering from a huge messiah complex, has a twisted childhood, a fear of losing people he loves and simply put: he has a problem getting over things. (he's also probably homosexual and has a fetish for little boys in tights but i won't go there)

Jigsaw f0cks him up.

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Yes, he would just find out where the victims are and save all of them. Then he'll find jigsaw and make him cry. Most likely.

Sado22
Jigsaw f0cks him up.

jinXed by JaNx
Batman has morals. There are lines he will not cross. Jigsaw will outsmart Batman and use that to beat him.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Placidity
Yes, he would just find out where the victims are and save all of them. Then he'll find jigsaw and make him cry.

No, Batman couldn't find the Joker. He is definitely not going to find Jigsaw.

ThunderGodEneru
You say that like Jigsaw is half as intelligent as Joker or something.

And he did find Joker.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
You say that like Jigsaw is half as intelligent as Joker or something.

And he did find Joker.

I don't know who is going to score higher on an IQ test, probably jidsaw just because the joker will be showing his teacher magic tricks after he hands out the pencils but they are both geniuses. They are both masterful planners and they can both read people like a computer scanning a cd. The Joker and Jigsaw are like the same mind but at opposite ends of the spectrum. Besides, Jigsaw doesn't have to outsmart the Joker but yes, I believe Jigsaw is as smart if not smarter than the Joker.

Being told where to find someone and actually finding someone are two different things. Batman admitted he couldn't find the Joker.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't know who is going to score higher on an IQ test, probably jidsaw just because the joker will be showing his teacher magic tricks after he hands out the pencils but they are both geniuses. They are both masterful planners and they can both read people like a computer scanning a cd. The Joker and Jigsaw are like the same mind but at opposite ends of the spectrum. Besides, Jigsaw doesn't have to outsmart the Joker but yes, I believe Jigsaw is as smart if not smarter than the Joker.

Being told where to find someone and actually finding someone are two different things. Batman admitted he couldn't find the Joker. Jigsaw was always on the run and never revealed anything about himself, and limited himself to kidnapping small groups of people at a time at best for his crimes. Joker participated in his crimes, allowed himself to get arrested, somehow managed to transport bombs on heavily guarded ships, kept groups of psychos he broke out of Arkham in check(Jigsaw could not do the same with one disturbed girl), and still managed to not get caught until Batman himself found him, and in the end he still managed to achieve his real goal, proving that under the right circumstances, anyone can become a murderer like him. He concealed himself from an entire city, and simultaneously terrorized it. Joker's schemes are first rate, Jigsaw, though very intelligent, does not compare.

Batman prepared and built the sonar system to find him and planned it all out...All Morgan Freeman did was tell him where he was using Batman's plan.

I mean, technically, a bunch of police officers "found" Jigsaw, they just were to stupid to avoid his traps inside the house.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Jigsaw was always on the run and never revealed anything about himself, and limited himself to kidnapping small groups of people at a time at best for his crimes. Joker participated in his crimes, allowed himself to get arrested, somehow managed to transport bombs on heavily guarded ships, kept groups of psychos he broke out of Arkham in check(Jigsaw could not do the same with one disturbed girl), and still managed to not get caught until Batman himself found him, and in the end he still managed to achieve his real goal, proving that under the right circumstances, anyone can become a murderer like him. He concealed himself from an entire city, and simultaneously terrorized it. Joker's schemes are first rate, Jigsaw, though very intelligent, does not compare.

Batman prepared and built the sonar system to find him and planned it all out...All Morgan Freeman did was tell him where he was using Batman's plan.

I mean, technically, a bunch of police officers "found" Jigsaw, they just were to stupid to avoid his traps inside the house.

You can't say Jigsaw is any less intelligent than the Joker just because his schemes were more grand in scale. Jigsaws ambitions were not the same as the Joker. Jigsaw was never close to being caught. He anticipated everything, just like the Joker. Jigsaws schemes unfolded exactly to plan after his death. That, is an impressive feat. Just like the Joker, Jigsaw relied on the human condition for most of his plans. I'm not belittling the Jokers accomplishments at all and comparatively they are definitely more grand but more elaborate? I don't think they were more elaborate at all. The Joker concealed himself from an entire city while still terrorizing it. We can say the same about Jigsaw. Jigsaw never wanted to spread mass fear and anarchy though. Jigsaws intentions were always very personal. I'm sure that if Jigsaw had made and released tapes of him torturing people and demanding that if something in particular didn't occur by a certain time more people would die, his renown would have reached Joker status. He never had these types of intentions though.

As for the gay sonar thing. Batman didn't create the technology. He may have had it customized for the sole purpose of finding the Joker but i will never agree that that was an impressive feat. It was an act of extreme desperation. Dude, i could have found the Joker, using that technology because you can find anyone using it.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
You can't say Jigsaw is any less intelligent than the Joker just because his schemes were more grand in scale. Jigsaws ambitions were not the same as the Joker. Jigsaw was never close to being caught. He anticipated everything, just like the Joker. Jigsaws schemes unfolded exactly to plan after his death. That, is an impressive feat. Just like the Joker, Jigsaw relied on the human condition for most of his plans. I'm not belittling the Jokers accomplishments at all and comparatively they are definitely more grand but more elaborate? I don't think they were more elaborate at all. The Joker concealed himself from an entire city while still terrorizing it. We can say the same about Jigsaw. Jigsaw never wanted to spread mass fear and anarchy though. Jigsaws intentions were always very personal. I'm sure that if Jigsaw had made and released tapes of him torturing people and demanding that if something in particular didn't occur by a certain time more people would die, his renown would have reached Joker status. He never had these types of intentions though.

As for the gay sonar thing. Batman didn't create the technology. He may have had it customized for the sole purpose of finding the Joker but i will never agree that that was an impressive feat. It was an act of extreme desperation. Dude, i could have found the Joker, using that technology because you can find anyone using it. Even if they are just as elaborate, because the Joker's plans were far grander in scale, that makes them better. And you are using the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence argument, Jigsaw has not shown to have plans on the same grand or elaborate scale, so he is inferior. What he "could have" done is speculation.

You could have customized advanced sonar technology to the point where he can see virtually everything in the city and applied it to gain an upper hand in battle while locating a madman? That's pretty damn impressive dude.

Sado22
the only reason teh cops found Jigsaw in Saw2 was because he wanted to be found. it was pretty obvious.

rox
Originally posted by NemeBro
Jigsaw was always on the run and never revealed anything about himself, and limited himself to kidnapping small groups of people at a time at best for his crimes. Joker participated in his crimes, allowed himself to get arrested, somehow managed to transport bombs on heavily guarded ships, kept groups of psychos he broke out of Arkham in check(Jigsaw could not do the same with one disturbed girl), and still managed to not get caught until Batman himself found him, and in the end he still managed to achieve his real goal, proving that under the right circumstances, anyone can become a murderer like him. He concealed himself from an entire city, and simultaneously terrorized it. Joker's schemes are first rate, Jigsaw, though very intelligent, does not compare.

The cops finding jiggy was an elaborate entrapment all planned by jigsaw. thats pretty intelligent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.