Who among these icons can take the most physical punishment?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
The scenario is that they're locked in a small unbreakable room with H/P Doomsday. Who will last the longest?

---

Superman

Hal Jordan (with shields on)

Wonder Woman (with full equipment)

Thor

Silver Surfer

Hulk

Newjak
It depends do you mean without sustaining injury( being cut with a knife, shot with a gun.. etc) or being able to keep fighting while taking damage(ie getting hit by incredibly strong people but being able to take it and keep going, getting cut but not being put down by it, ...).

If it's a test of pure invulnerability:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Thor
Hulk

If it's pure damage soak:
Thor
Hulk
Superman
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan

Starscream M
Originally posted by Newjak
It depends do you mean without sustaining injury( being cut with a knife, shot with a gun.. etc) or being able to keep fighting while taking damage(ie getting hit by incredibly strong people but being able to take it and keep going, getting cut but not being put down by it, ...).

see my scenario

basically who lasts longest in a cage with HP Doomsday

Newjak
Originally posted by Starscream M
see my scenario

basically who lasts longest in a cage with HP Doomsday In that scenario I'm probably going with Surfer actually. His cosmic glaze does give him a nice indestructible body already and he can summon shields.

Superman is next, although if Thor is going plum knockers and is in his say thee nay, break every bone in my body and I'll still get up, mode he may be able to outlast him.

Ummmm Hal Jordan is good but GLs shields are often faulty against pure bricks that simply smash through them. It happens surprisingly often, more than it should.

Galan007
can they avoid blows, or do they have to just sit there and take a beating?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
can they avoid blows, or do they have to just sit there and take a beating? since this is a pure test of durability, they have to just take the blows.

ultimatethor
Surfer
Superman
Thor
Hulk
Hal jordan

Lord Feron
Surfer

Starscream M
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

Endrict Nuul
Silver Surfer
Superman
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

Galan007
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW i pretty much agree with that.

Juntai
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

Raoul
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

yup...

Priest
Silver Surfer

snyper1982
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

I would reverse the first pair, but otherwise I agree.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Priest
Silver Surfer even though Surfer is perhaps at base more durable than Superman, I'd put Superman ahead of Surfer just because it seems Superman can will himself to reach an extra level in the most dire situations

janus77
Hulk
Surfer
Superman
Thor
WW
GL

Eel O'Brien
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

Enyalus
Hate to sound like a Marvel fanboy, but I'm going with Surfer to take first place and Hulk to take second in this competition.

No one else would last nearly as long. Reason being: H/P DD had poisoneous bone-claws that would have killed Superman had he not had his Motherbox to heal him. Hal's shields would get shattered easily, and neither Thor nor Diana or Superman has the durability to last against him. We are talking about the same guy who KO'd Darkseid in probably under a minute's time.

Surfer and Hulk are immune to poison. Surfer's not only got insane durability (like Supes), but shielding as well. And Hulk has an outrageous healing factor and is just going to get stronger and heal quicker the longer the match lasts.

So, that's my reasoning.

fangirl101
WW. She crosses her bracers and waits for Doomsday to forget what he was doing.

Bentley
I also think that Hulk could do good, as long as its a good strong version of Hulk, he is simply made to take punishment.

That aside, can Diana use her magic shield? I think that would make her the best tank in the battle.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
WW. She crosses her bracers and waits for Doomsday to forget what he was doing.

She wasn't doing so hot in the Doomsday Wars. stick out tongue

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
She wasn't doing so hot in the Doomsday Wars. stick out tongue
Didn't cross her bracers. Wasn't DD smart?

Enyalus
Didn't cross her bracers. Wasn't DD smart?

Yeah. It was H/P Doomsday with Braniac's mind. Pretty insane. I think that version was the most powerful to date.

Mighty Saxon
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

good list. Really those top four could be interchangeable no. I mean Superman won't give up. Surfer gets discouraged. but with the power cosmic he can take a mssive beating. Hulk would just get madder and madder til the hits don't do too much damage plus he always has had a fighters spirit. We've all seen how far Thor would go.

occultdestroyer
Definitely Superman

kgkg
Surfer and Superman - I don't remember the last time someone that K.O'ed Surfer with pure Physical attack.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by kgkg
Surfer and Superman - I don't remember the last time someone that K.O'ed Surfer with pure Physical attack.

Just a little correction, Surfer then superman

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Just a little correction, Surfer then superman
Yes.
Because Marvel then DC, amirite?

ultimatethor
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Yes.
Because Marvel then DC, amirite?

sad. lol. No i actually put superman ahead of every other marvel character so what are u talking about laughing out loud

Mindship
The Surfer is definitely first, followed by Superman, because the Surfer has Supermanlike durability plus shields.

However, if no shields are allowed, then Superman first, followed by the Surfer, because...
...it seems Superman can will himself to reach an extra level in the most dire situations

As for the others...
Hulk
Thor
With shields: GL, WW
W/o shields: WW, GL

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindship
The Surfer is definitely first, followed by Superman, because the Surfer has Supermanlike durability plus shields.

However, if no shields are allowed, then Superman first, followed by the Surfer, because...

As for the others...
Hulk
Thor
With shields: GL, WW
W/o shields: WW, GL
WW's Shields, Everyone else's in this thread.

Enyalus
WW's Shields, Everyone else's in this thread.

Because DD is going to be punching and kicking at one particular target area?

jadervason
1. Superman/Silver Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

4. Hal Jordan (with shields on)

5. Wonder Woman (with full equipment)

Red Hulk
WW. She crosses her bracers and waits for Doomsday to forget what he was doing. And then Doomsday stops punching her in the bracelets, and hits where her bracelets aren't?

Anyway:
Surfer based on the fact that he probably wouldn't be cut.
Supes
Hulk
GL
Thor/WW

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Red Hulk
And then Doomsday stops punching her in the bracelets, and hits where her bracelets aren't?

Than WW uses her Zoom like reflexes and blocks the hits.

MightyEInherjar
Surfer
WW (With bracelets crossed)
Superman
Hulk
Thor
GL Hal
WW

Doomsday already knows exactly how to hurt Superman, so there's no way he's number 1. It'll take awhile for Doomsday to adapt to the adaptivity of the Power Cosmic.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Than WW uses her Zoom like reflexes and blocks the hits. Obviously she can easily block his hits without being thrown off balance (since she doesn't even need to reinforce for DD's punches).

Anyway, if WW is going to block, then Supes is going to use his freeze breath/blow, Surfer is going to throw his surfboard up, Thor is going to spin Mjolnir, and Hulk is going to shoot gamma out of his hands...

Endrict Nuul
"WW. She crosses her bracers and waits for Doomsday to forget what he was doing."

erm laughing

Obviously some one didn't read what the thread starter has said.

"Since this is a pure test of durability, they have to just take the blows."

horrorwolf
Based on established power sets for damage soaking, body armor and active regen:

1. Silver Surfer -
He is above everyone here due to cosmic level regen, and armor amping. No contest he could last longer than anyone.

2. The Incredible Hulk -
Confining him will only piss him off more amping his already insane levels of regeneration. He is in-exhaustable physically and no one has ever seen him truly wear out to date. He would be in this for as long as his gamma source lasts.

3. Superman -
Kal has higher base durabilty than anyone but lacks regen on the level of Surfer or the Hulk. DD's slicing/edged attacks doing the most damage.

4. Thor -
Right behind Superman.

5. GL -
This guy is potent enough at generating shields and other defensive barriers strong enough to make DD really work before finally wearing himself out defensively.

6. Wonderwoman -
Although highly resistant to blunt attacks and strikes...She is one of the worst when it comes to piercing attacks (DD's sharp bones would eat her up)....putting her at the bottom of the list. There's a good reason she is smart enough to use her speed deflect bullets, and avoid damage soaking. She doesn't need to, and it not in Diana's best interests.

Zack Fair
My list:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
GL
WW

QFT

The Great Galen
Superman

Wonder Woman

Hulk

Thor

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Superman

Wonder Woman

Hulk

Thor

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan hysterical

The Great Galen
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hysterical

Wonder woman has those ubber braclets, don't really see whats wrong with this.

psycho gundam
Wonder woman has those ubber braclets, don't really see whats wrong with this. since you asked, i'll dissect this.

for one. (accepting all pretenses of coarse (such as ww being invulnerable with the bracelets up etc) and her being ALLOWED TO USE THEM)

- going by this logic, diana is the clear winner since her shield (via bracelets) allow her to deflect the combined assault of a pantheon, fangirl loves putting up that scan in efforts ad nauseum.... how superman beats her in this is .... weird.

and hal jordan shouldn't be dead last since he can create shields and other phenomena to at least delay a beating longer than say superman can.

-----------------------------------now considering the actual rules of this thread-----------------------------

two.

- yeah, she's not allowed to use the bracelets so by default she is lower than thor, hulk, superman, and norrin whom are all totally bulletproof. wonder woman is not, hence the bracelets.

doomsday would slaughter her with his bone spiked knuckles without her being able to block.

three.

-your list is way off since without being de-powered, norrin has only been cracked from physical blows, from galactus level beings no doubt. against a brick like doomsday/hulk, norrin is invulnerable from harm.

Bada's Palin
Hal can use his ring, but Thor can't use his hammer?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Hal can use his ring, but Thor can't use his hammer? lulz @ the hypocrisy.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Hal can use his ring, but Thor can't use his hammer? Fine, take away Hal's ring... no expression

The Great Galen
since you asked, i'll dissect this.

for one. (accepting all pretenses of coarse (such as ww being invulnerable with the bracelets up etc) and her being ALLOWED TO USE THEM)

- going by this logic, diana is the clear winner since her shield (via bracelets) allow her to deflect the combined assault of a pantheon, fangirl loves putting up that scan in efforts ad nauseum.... how superman beats her in this is .... weird.

and hal jordan shouldn't be dead last since he can create shields and other phenomena to at least delay a beating longer than say superman can.

-----------------------------------now considering the actual rules of this thread-----------------------------

two.

- yeah, she's not allowed to use the bracelets so by default she is lower than thor, hulk, superman, and norrin whom are all totally bulletproof. wonder woman is not, hence the bracelets.

doomsday would slaughter her with his bone spiked knuckles without her being able to block.

three.

-your list is way off since without being de-powered, norrin has only been cracked from physical blows, from galactus level beings no doubt. against a brick like doomsday/hulk, norrin is invulnerable from harm.

Norin has been knocked silly by Thanos, his durability is overated IMO. Not that I think he is a slouch, but suggesting that he wasn't KO'ed by T&A shouldn'i conclud that is the only level of power that can harm him lol.

Red Hulk
Norin has been knocked silly by Thanos, his durability is overated IMO. Or you underrate Thanos... no couldn't be that... no expression

complexbrother
Surfer
Superman
Thor
Hulk
Hal jordan

^^^ what he said.

Enyalus
Norin has been knocked silly by Thanos

Several upgrades ago. By the same token, Superman has been "knocked silly" by an exploding gas station.

The Great Galen
Or you underrate Thanos... no couldn't be that... no expression

Thor has faired better agaisnt Thanos and to my knowledge has never been KO'ed by him. In fact Thor has a better record agaisnt ubber beings then SS IMO.

Red Hulk
Thor has faired better agaisnt Thanos and to my knowledge has never been KO'ed by him. In fact Thor has a better record agaisnt ubber beings then SS IMO. He's only had like one panel fights with Thanos... and was two shotted against the weakest version of Thanos.

Thor has a mallet to deflect tons of attacks (and Surfer has good showings against uber beings as well), and what does Thor have to do with what I quoted?

psycho gundam
Thor has faired better against Thanos and to my knowledge has never been KO'ed by him. In fact Thor has a better record agaisnt ubber beings then SS IMO. well, to thor's credit, his mother is an elder god and his father odin is the strongest of all earth's sky-fathers
since he is the gestalt of three sky-father level beings. (odin + villi + ve = current odin)

psycho gundam
Thor has faired better against Thanos and to my knowledge has never been KO'ed by him. In fact Thor has a better record agaisnt ubber beings then SS IMO. well, to thor's credit, his mother is an elder god and his father odin is the strongest of all earth's sky-fathers
since he is the gestalt of three sky-father level beings. (odin (his brother's) + villi + ve = current odin)

psycho gundam
since he is the gestalt of three sky-father level beings. (odin + villi + ve (his brother's) = current odin)

Red Hulk
well, to thor's credit, his mother is an elder god and his father odin is the strongest of all earth's sky-fathers
since he is the gestalt of three sky-father level beings. (odin + villi + ve = current odin) Originally posted by psycho gundam
well, to thor's credit, his mother is an elder god and his father odin is the strongest of all earth's sky-fathers
since he is the gestalt of three sky-father level beings. (odin (his brother's) + villi + ve = current odin) Originally posted by psycho gundam
since he is the gestalt of three sky-father level beings. (odin + villi + ve (his brother's) = current odin)

You're really rubbing it in, aren't you? confused

psycho gundam
oops

The Great Galen
He's only had like one panel fights with Thanos... and was two shotted against the weakest version of Thanos.

Thor has a mallet to deflect tons of attacks (and Surfer has good showings against uber beings as well), and what does Thor have to do with what I quoted?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle10.jpg

IMO that is when marvel decided to to shocase Thor>SS.

Red Hulk
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle10.jpg

IMO that is when marvel decided to to shocase Thor>SS. You just keep making new arguments.

Anyway, Surfer has had several upgrades since then, and that is only Surfer's mind talking anyway... not actual proof, and Thor was pissed by that point in time.

Oh ya, that has nothing to do with durability, this thread, or even what we were just talking about (based on your other random post). no expression

The Great Galen
You just keep making new arguments.

Anyway, Surfer has had several upgrades since then, and that is only Surfer's mind talking anyway... not actual proof, and Thor was pissed by that point in time.

Oh ya, that has nothing to do with durability, this thread, or even what we were just talking about. no expression

What are you going on about now, I said thor has done better agaisnt Thanos then SS and well....yeah thats a prett established fact by now. IMO that is one th ereasons I consider Thor more durable then SS.

Red Hulk
What are you going on about now, I said thor has done better agaisnt Thanos then SS and well....yeah thats a prett established fact by now. IMO that is one th ereasons I consider Thor more durable then SS. That your posts are random.

It's an established fact that Thor has done better than Thanos because Surfer said Thor was stronger than him a long time ago? That makes no sense... at all. Anyway, Thor has been two shotted by Thanos, and all he has is a couple one-two panel fights.

You consider Thor more durable than Surfer because Surfer pre-a bunch of upgrades admitted Thor was stronger than him? That doesn't make sense at all either... on a bunch of levels. To spell it out for you, strength doesn't equal durability.

Anyway, I've read more Thor than Surfer (like, every one of Thor's issues), and I can tell you that Surfer is more durable than Thor... but you won't listen, or are too biased anyway.

The Great Galen
That your posts are random.

It's an established fact that Thor has done better than Thanos because Surfer said Thor was stronger than him a long time ago? That makes no sense... at all. Anyway, Thor has been two shotted by Thanos, and all he has is a couple one-two panel fights.

You consider Thor more durable than Surfer because Surfer pre-a bunch of upgrades admitted Thor was stronger than him? That doesn't make sense at all either... on a bunch of levels. To spell it out for you, strength doesn't equal durability.

Anyway, I've read more Thor than Surfer (like, every one of Thor's issues), and I can tell you that Surfer is more durable than Thor... but you won't listen, or are too biased anyway.

Well aside of being reported for bashing, if it's in ur opinion that SS is more durable then fine. IMO due to Thor's record agaisnt ubber beings like Thanos and so on.

Red Hulk
Well aside of being reported for bashing, if it's in ur opinion that SS is more durable then fine. IMO due to Thor's record agaisnt ubber beings like Thanos and so on. He doesn't have a good record against Thanos... at all, and I'm curious if you can name 'and so on'.

Anyway, Couture vs Lesnar's on, so... gone.

The Great Galen
He doesn't have a good record against Thanos... at all, and I'm curious if you can name 'and so on'.

Anyway, Couture vs Lesnar's on, so... gone.

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor9jp6.jpg
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor6gl4.jpg

Both enchanced yet Thor gets the better....so when has SS ever faired well agaisnt Thanos on any occasion.

kgkg

Both enchanced yet Thor gets the better....so when has SS ever faired well agaisnt Thanos on any occasion. Thats a Thanos Clone

The Great Galen
Originally posted by kgkg
Thats a Thanos Clone

Pretty close 2 the real thing.

darthgoober

ultimatethor

IMO that is when marvel decided to to shocase Thor>SS.

Sigh. More of the usual nonsense.

The Great Galen

darthgoober
So a comment>feats now, thor beasyed ss n 2 direct confrontations soo....
You're the one who first brought up comments, remember? And Thor bested Surfer(who wasn't depowered) in a single arc that portrayed him as being more powerful than ever and at a level that hasn't been seen again since despite numerous opportunities, hence SvFL.

Endrict Nuul
Lulz at some of the post in this thread.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by darthgoober
You're the one who first brought up comments, remember? And Thor bested Surfer(who wasn't depowered) in a single arc that portrayed him as being more powerful than ever and at a level that hasn't been seen again since despite numerous opportunities, hence SvFL.

So SS>Supes?

ultimatethor

QFT.

darthgoober
So SS>Supes?
Of course(glad you're finally starting to see reason), but that's more than a little off topic.

ultimatethor
Of course(glad you're finally starting to see reason), but that's more than a little off topic.

lol.

The Great Galen

I know Goober is a funny ain't he.

The Great Galen

Right SS is above Thor yet Thor does better agaisnt Thanos whom eats SS every day for breakfest....fanboy logic is always funny.

ultimatethor
Right SS is above Thor yet Thor does better agaisnt Thanos whom eats SS every day for breakfest....fanboy logic is always funny.

You must be retarded. U are using some of the worst ABC logic that anyone can use and yet are calling someone elses logic fanboy logic?
Thor has gotten thrashed by thanos. The only time he even defeated thanos, he was amped and he was facing a thanos clone. so what are u talking about? Really id advise u stop before u make a further fool of urself. laughing out loud

Endrict Nuul
Really id advise u stop before u make a further fool of urself. laughing out loud

Way too late for that.

darthgoober
Really because I seem to remember Thanos two-shotting Thor before his resurrection by Mistress Death.

And if you want to go with a comparison of battles between common foes, Surfer has more impressive fights against Nova, Millenius, Hulk, and quite a few others if I'm not mistaken. What's more, Surfer's fight with Loki was more impressive than the average fight between Thor and Loki, and that was when Surfer was depowered from being trapped on Earth.

The Great Galen
Really because I seem to remember Thanos two-shotting Thor before his resurrection by Mistress Death.

And if you want to go with a comparison of battles between common foes, Surfer has more impressive fights against Nova, Millenius, Hulk, and quite a few others if I'm not mistaken. What's more, Surfer's fight with Loki was more impressive than the average fight between Thor and Loki, and that was when Surfer was depowered from being trapped on Earth.

Agaisnt ubber beings, has SS looked as impressiv as Thor?

The Great Galen
Way too late for that.

Still coughing from all that dick in you're mouth smile .

kgkg
Agaisnt ubber beings, has SS looked as impressiv as Thor? Yes

darthgoober
Agaisnt ubber beings, has SS looked as impressiv as Thor?
Well let's compare, give me a high showing of Thor's.

The Great Galen
Okay let's start with Thanos, Thor has handled himself while SS has been on the floor.

ultimatethor
The funny thing is its obvious this clown has hardly read any thor or SS comics.

darthgoober
Okay let's start with Thanos, Thor has handled himself while SS has been on the floor.
When has Thor handled himself better? Like I already said Thor got two-shotted by Thanos before his upgrade by Mistress Death.

The Great Galen
While SS got the shit beat out of him after trying to do a sneak attack.

darthgoober
While SS got the shit beat out of him after trying to do a sneak attack.
When was this? I don't believe I've ever seen that happen.

And you didn't answer the original question, when has Thor done BETTER?

fangirl101
Superman

Wonder Woman

Hulk

Thor

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan
I don't agree with this.

Surfer
Superman
Hulk
Thor-Wonder Woman
Hal

If Shields
Surfer
WW
HAL
Thor
Superman
Hulk.

Red Hulk

Both enchanced yet Thor gets the better....so when has SS ever faired well agaisnt Thanos on any occasion. A Thanos Clone, and Thor broke the enchantment anyway, so it was regular Thanos Clone vs Thor with the Belt of Power, and everything he has is also Odin Powered...

no expression

abhilegend
Bump.

mmm

carver9
A thread like this is tailor made for Hulk. I would put Superman second, Thor or Surfer third...

The rest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.