Battlezone: Philosophía vs srankmissingnin - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
I'll represent Batgirl.

He'll represent Bullseye.

We'll most likely start tomorrow, and the purpose of this thread is to set up the judges, time of the match and such.

The person who loses gets banned for 2 weeks from the forum.

Bentley
Is it better for the judges to know well the characters or are we to look into the debate and the scans to choose a winner?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
Is it better for the judges to know well the characters or are we to look into the debate and the scans to choose a winner?
I'd say they should know neither. Like me. I don't know enough about either. And don't like either character. So I could judge and be fair.

Bentley
Well, then I can enter, I know just the basics or both characters, and I couldn't care less about who gets banned. smile

Philosophía
I'd agree with Fangirl as a judge, but I don't agree with Bentley, for the simple fact that I don't know him well enough to trust the fact that he would make an objective vote.

I'd accept any of the following as judges: Soljer, Smurph, Juntai, Batdude, Badabing, Raoul, Digimark ,King Mungi, Avlon, Galan, llagrok

Harbinger
Is this battlezone going to be a thread on another board, or this one?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Harbinger
Is this battlezone going to be a thread on another board, or this one?

This one.

Bentley

Cavalier
Unless you've already picked...

ima judge.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Cavalier

ima judge. \
I agree. Smurph is an blank hole to the millionth. But he's smart and knows comics.

Philosophía

ima judge.

thumb up

So up until now, Fangirl and Cavalier have accepted to judge. I don't know what hour srank will be on to see if he accepts though.

Starscream M
cool match...this'll be interesting

have you guys decided what equipment each will have and the setting yet?

Philosophía
No.

The location will most likely be on a city block with standard equipment.

Badabing
This is closed because Philosphia has something impure about me above his sig. uhuh

stick out tongue
durelly

Keep me or Raoul in the loop about these matches so we can help out if needed. smile

Cavalier
Originally posted by Badabing
Keep me or Raoul in the loop about these matches so we can help out if needed. smile You and Paul were both suggested to judge.

Badabing
You and Paul were both suggested to judge. I meant with pinning threads, editing posts, etc. I think you should judge though. Raoul also.

Luminatus
So uh, when is the BZ going down?

iceman24567
This going to be shitacular I can't wait.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Badabing
Keep me or Raoul in the loop about these matches so we can help out if needed. smile

Cool. smile

Originally posted by Luminatus
So uh, when is the BZ going down?

Hopefully tomorrow.

Priest
Don't Srank has a say on who judges? confused
I think Smurph is a good pick personally...
Fangirl is a erm

Philosophía

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Don't Srank has a say on who judges? confused
I think Smurph is a good pick personally...
Fangirl is a erm
Did anyone ask you?

Priest
Was i talking to u?

Mindset
Originally posted by fangirl101
Did anyone ask you? smile

fangirl101
Was i talking to u?
I was talking to you. Don't come in the thread trolling or acting silly.

Priest
I was talking to you. Don't come in the thread trolling or acting silly.
I wasn't spamming, if u believe i was "report" me.

I believe u wouldn't make a good judge for this match because ur notorious on the forum for being bias.
I'm done smile

Philosophía
facepalm

Get this out of here.

Priest

fangirl101
I wasn't spamming, if u believe i was "report" me.

I believe u wouldn't make a good judge for this match because ur notorious on the forum for being bias.
I'm done smile
I think you are an idiot. Sorry. I'm not notoriously bias. The Forum is notoriously bias. I just happen to take the under dog side. I don't even care about batman characters or Daredevil characters. I'm not into street levelers. So It's all just a match to me.

Priest
I think you are an idiot. Sorry. I'm not notoriously bias. The Forum is notoriously bias. I just happen to take the under dog side. I don't even care about batman characters or Daredevil characters. I'm not into street levelers. So It's all just a match to me.
Reported for bashing.

fangirl101
Reported for bashing.
Report yourself. You started it.

DigiMark007
Fangirl, you might not like his opinion, but expressing the opinion that he doesn't think you'd make a good judge is honest and pertinent to the topic. If it was apart from the topic and simply intended to bash, then it would be inappropriate.

Also, to both, the "he started it" "I'm not doing anything" etc. bit is more than tired. This thread isn't even about you, and you're acting like children. If it continues, it'll be an official warning.

Good luck with the match guys. Good to see a Battlezone revival. I'll offer to judge if you want/need one.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fangirl, you might not like his opinion, but expressing the opinion that he doesn't think you'd make a good judge is honest and pertinent to the topic. If it was apart from the topic and simply intended to bash, then it would be inappropriate.

Also, to both, the "he started it" "I'm not doing anything" etc. bit is more than tired. This thread isn't even about you, and you're acting like children. If it continues, it'll be an official warning.

Good luck with the match guys. Good to see a Battlezone revival. I'll offer to judge if you want/need one.
He honestly didn't have to give his opinion. As he isn't a participant. Nor was he accepted by either participant as a Judge.

DigiMark007
He honestly didn't have to give his opinion. As he isn't a participant. Nor was he accepted by either participant as a Judge.

True on all counts. But it doesn't mean he isn't entitled to express his opinion, especially since it does apply to the match, even if he's not directly involved with it. You don't have to like it.

Now, I was serious about the discussion moratorium. Drop it or it's a warning.

fangirl101

Bentley
I am neither participant not a judge but I count 131

DigiMark007

Bumping this. PM me if you take the offer. I may not keep up with this thread enough to find out otherwise.

Badabing
Fangirl, the thread starter asked you to stop, another mod suggested the same. Now I'm saying to you, stop now. Thanks.

Philosophía
I'll offer to judge if you want/need one.

thumb up

So up until now we have Cavalier, Digi and Fangirl as judges. Two more and we're ready to go, as long as Srank accepts them.

DigiMark007
You might need to start PMing requests. Chances are some people you might want won't be reading this thread.

Harbinger
So how does this work? Are they going to debate as to which fighter would win given a certain setting, or is it just going to be some abstract argument as to which is better/stronger/whatever?

Philosophía
You might need to start PMing requests. Chances are some people you might want won't be reading this thread.

I pm'ed some of them, but they haven't logged on yet.

Originally posted by Harbinger
So how does this work? Are they going to debate as to which fighter would win given a certain setting, or is it just going to be some abstract argument as to which is better/stronger/whatever?

It's pretty much going to be a forum fight on a setting me and srank agree on, with standart equipement.

Battlehammer
I am willing to judge if needed. fangirl is a terrable choice

darthgoober
Why is there a ban stipulation? Bad blood between the participants or something?

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why is there a ban stipulation? Bad blood between the participants or something? prob just so theres something at stake that could be enforced

i dont think they have bad blood (although I think 2 weeks is a bit extreme...3 days sounds more reasonable)

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
prob just so theres something at stake that could be enforced

i dont think they have bad blood (although I think 2 weeks is a bit extreme...3 days sounds more reasonable)
If there's no bad blood between anybody, I think a ban stipulation is pretty wasteful since it would just deprive the forum of a poster who's willing to back up their claims with evidence. A "Loser's Sig" stipulation seems much more appropriate to this situation IMO. But maybe that's just me...

Harbinger
The ban time deal doesn't seem that bad, IMO; it's only two weeks, and it adds something in the way of incentive for each poster to bring his best argument. Plus, I think srank agreed to it anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point.

What I don't get is the bashing of posters of judges; is it really that big a deal if fangirl is one of them? I've never even seen one of these battlezones go down, so admittedly I don't know the dynamics.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I am willing to judge if needed. fangirl is a terrable choice Now explain why I'm a terrible choice. In the original thread. I explained that Batmgirl Might get 6/10. And that Bullseye was one of the best fighters in the Marvel U. So exactly when did I become a terrible choice and you become an excellent one? Is it it your awe inspiring wolverine beats God fanboyish ways that make you the perfect choice?

Battlehammer
Now explain why I'm a terrible choice. In the original thread. I explained that Batmgirl Might get 6/10. And that Bullseye was one of the best fighters in the Marvel U. So exactly when did I become a terrible choice and you become an excellent one? Is it it your awe inspiring wolverine beats God fanboyish ways that make you the perfect choice?
becuases your extremely bias towards female dc chaarcters.

did I say I was an excellant choices? Nope.

when have I ever said wolverine beats god?

pleases enlighten me on something I said that was fanboyish about wolverine pleases I love to hear it.

again were did I say I was a perfect choices?

pleases stop putting words into my mouth.

Starscream M
*puts popcorn in microwave*

fangirl101
becuases your extremely bias towards female dc chaarcters.

did I say I was an excellant choices? Nope.

when have I ever said wolverine beats god?

pleases enlighten me on something I said that was fanboyish about wolverine pleases I love to hear it.

again were did I say I was a perfect choices?

pleases stop putting words into my mouth.
What the hell are you talking about? Did you see the original thread before you gave your opinion? I suppose you didn't did you. I said Batgirl Might be able to get 6/10 due to her up close fighting. There is thing called a tourney, that I am participating in, and I used Echo, a marvel female character, who I had to study, who happened to have the moves of bullseye. She was pwning Daredevil with Bullseye's moves. So I am uncertain if Batgirl can beat Bull's eye. Given the fact that I dont know much about either, and My fondness of neither character, I am the perfect choice. Now given your over bearing fondness of MALE MARVEL characters, I'd say you are a terrible choice. You do have it hard for Male characters that are scrappers don't you? Are they sexy?

Starscream M
ah my friday night is complete

Battlehammer
What the hell are you talking about? Did you see the original thread before you gave your opinion? I suppose you didn't did you. I said Batgirl Might be able to get 6/10 due to her up close fighting. There is thing called a tourney, that I am participating in, and I used Echo, a marvel female character, who I had to study, who happened to have the moves of bullseye. She was pwning Daredevil with Bullseye's moves. So I am uncertain if Batgirl can beat Bull's eye. Given the fact that I dont know much about either, and My fondness of neither character, I am the perfect choice. Now given your over bearing fondness of MALE MARVEL characters, I'd say you are a terrible choice. You do have it hard for Male characters that are scrappers don't you? Are they sexy?
what does bull eye have to do with this...........and you being so into this mskrd you a bad choices.

I could careless. does not matter to me. I may or may not be a good choice I dont care. i do like marvel male charcters. not sure what that has to do with two female charcters and i don;t care. I think your to opionated and to into this debate to be an objective judge, plus I think your a puts

what if I did think they were sexy? is there something wrong with that? You got something against homosexuals? Do you? I not sure why you need to know what I find sexy, it kinda creepy.

Starscream M
laughing

Placidity
I think we need to up the stakes to 2 months ban and a compulsory sig that says " I got owned by X in a debate" with a link to it.

fangirl101
what does bull eye have to do with this...........and you being so into this mskrd you a bad choices.

I could careless. does not matter to me. I may or may not be a good choice I dont care. i do like marvel male charcters. not sure what that has to do with two female charcters and i don;t care. I think your to opionated and to into this debate to be an objective judge, plus I think your a puts

what if I did think they were sexy? is there something wrong with that? You got something against homosexuals? Do you? I not sure why you need to know what I find sexy, it kinda creepy. Are you ok dear? You seem to be stuttering all over your words. Basically, you should beware of the log in your own eye, while trying to point out a speck in mine. I'm much more objective about this fight than you are. I'd already given a very objective opinion on the fight before I knew there was to be a battle zone. had you taken the time to find that out, then we wouldn't be here trading barbs now would we? And it's ok if you like male marvel characters. Really. I like wonder woman a whole lot. Happy Dance We all have our secret fetishes. Mine is 6ft amazons. Yours just may be 5 ft 5 hairy men with knives for fingers.

Badabing
I'm about to close this thread, warn a few and ban others if people don't stop with the nonsense and bickering. The next time I have to respond to problems from this thread it's going to be bad for some people.

Battlehammer
Are you ok dear? You seem to be stuttering all over your words. Basically, you should beware of the log in your own eye, while trying to point out a speck in mine. I'm much more objective about this fight than you are. I'd already given a very objective opinion on the fight before I knew there was to be a battle zone. had you taken the time to find that out, then we wouldn't be here trading barbs now would we? And it's ok if you like male marvel characters. Really. I like wonder woman a whole lot. Happy Dance We all have our secret fetishes. Mine is 6ft amazons. Yours just may be 5 ft 5 hairy men with knives for fingers.
you can't stutter if you are not talking.............

we all know you wack it to wonder woman thats no secret here.

oh and if my typing seems bad it due to the fact i only have one hand at the moment.

fangirl101
you can't stutter if you are not talking.............

we all know you wack it to wonder woman thats no secret here.

oh and if my typing seems bad it due to the fact i only have one hand at the moment.
Goodness. One hand at the moment. Stop being nasty.

Battlehammer
Goodness. One hand at the moment. Stop being nasty.
lol i had surgery to day on the other one lol

Badabing
Goodness. One hand at the moment. Stop being nasty. Originally posted by Battlehammer
lol i had surgery to day on the other one lol That's better.... blink messed sick

laughing out loud

Battlehammer
lol

DigiMark007
Taking over someone else's thread with petty arguments isn't cool. I would hope that anyone involved with this battle can refrain from such immaturity. And if they prove themselves unable, that they'd have nothing to do with it.

I'm done following this unless it's pertinent. Phil, srank, lemme know when I need to judge. I'll happily oblige. Until then, I feel like Bada's being generous in not issuing some warnings. It's a Battlezone, friends. Stop being jerks and ruining the fun. If you have a spat, take it to PM, because I'm quite sure no one else cares.

srankmissingnin
I don't care who judges.

Oh, can someone explain exactly how something like this works? I've never done an offical one on one debate before.

Anyway I'm off to get a few hours of sleep (its been a long day), be back on tomorrow.

Philosophía
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't care who judges.

Oh, can someone explain exactly how something like this works? I've never done an offical one on one debate before.

Anyway I'm off to get a few hours of sleep (its been a long day), be back on tomorrow.

Up until now Cavalier, Digimark and Fangirl have accepted to judge. I've pm'ed Batdude, Juntai, Raoul and Soljer to see if they want to. 5 judges should be enough.

I've never been into one of this either. We basically come at it with every argument we've got and explain why the character we're arguing for wins, using scans.

Cool. What's the time there right now ?

DigiMark007
You guys have to establish rules between yourselves. Prep time? Home base prep sites? Battle location? BFR Rule, what counts as a win, etc? What they have as standard equipment? Anything else you can think of too. Then post the rules when the match goes up for the judges' sake.

Philosophía
You guys have to establish rules between yourselves. Prep time? Home base prep sites? Battle location? BFR Rule, what counts as a win, etc? What they have as standard equipment? Anything else you can think of too. Then post the rules when the match goes up for the judges' sake.

Well, it's pretty much a no prep, standart equipment, straight up fight, both of them fighting to the best of their abilities (bloodlusted) on a location that wouldn't give an unfair advantage to either combatant (such as a city block for example). And what counts as a win is KO or kill. I think Srank would agree with all of this.

Anyway, I've got something to do and I'll be back in about 2 hours and a half, hopefully by then you will be on Srank so we can start.

Cavalier
Just basically treat it like a normal vs. thread that only the two of you can post in.

Will the match only be one day long?

Do you start .5 of a kilometer from each other?

Philosophía
Just basically treat it like a normal vs. thread that only the two of you can post in.

Will the match only be one day long?

Do you start .5 of a kilometer from each other?

Yeah.

I was thinking more like 2-3 hours tops.

I think 15-20m would be much better considering it's a street level match.

And I'm gone. I'll be back in about 2 hours.

Scoobless

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Scoobless
cry

There, there pig.

Bentley
cry

Haha, we are in the same ship!

cry

Philosophía
I'm back. If Srank isn't on in half an hour, I guess we'll cancel this until tomorrow, because it's pretty late here.

cry

Like in Bentley's case, it's nothing personal, I just don't know you well enough. smile

srankmissingnin
I'm on now and should be on for the next few hours (with the exception of dinner somewhere in the middle).

Philosophía
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm on now and should be on for the next few hours (with the exception of dinner somewhere in the middle).

So let's begin. I'll make a new thread.

We'll leave it at 3 judges: Digi, Cavalier and Fangirl.

I can't be on more than two hours, but I don't think it'll take us more than that. When I make the thread, the clock will start.

Good luck smile

Bentley
What is the standard equipment of both?

Scoobless

Scoobless

Mindset
me too

tjcoady
You go away for six months, and I don't even know who these people are any more!

Why does everyone seem so angry?

TakiJedenBuc
lol i had surgery to day on the other one lol

I bet he's got adamantium knives implanted

Philosophía

fangirl101
So do I vote for who I think would win based upon what I saw or who I think did a better job of arguing? They aren't the same.

Starscream M
So do I vote for who I think would win based upon what I saw or who I think did a better job of arguing? They aren't the same. who would win based on what you saw

Philosophía
So do I vote for who I think would win based upon what I saw or who I think did a better job of arguing? They aren't the same.
Depends. In which case do I win ? shifty

Just kidding. It's based on who convinced you that the character he is representing would win against his opponent, and you post your vote in the other thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.